QuickBooks Online Advanced

Accounting & business management for small businesses

4.2/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

695 Reviews for UK Users

Ali A.

The best accounting software

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Quickbooks is the most popular accounting software for small businesses and entrepreneurs. And for good reason! Quickbooks makes running your business easy, which is why it's so popular amongst entrepreneurs. Using Quickbooks made my accounting so simple. I love how I could sync everything to my phone and never miss an invoice or payment.

Pros

QuickBooks is the best accounting software for established businesses and startups. It offers the best tools to make sure you always have the most accurate financial data possible, no matter what. And their technical support is second to none!

Cons

Ability to send invoices via text messages

Response from Intuit

Hi, Ali, and thanks for writing your review!

We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks has made managing your business financials so much easier! That way you have more time to do what you love!

If you have any suggestions on features you think would make QuickBooks even better, please don't hesitate to send them over for our Developers review by using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account, as this is how we improve upon our products.

We appreciate you being part of the QuickBooks family!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Michael M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Easy Nonprofit Accounting

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Pros

It is VERY easy to use the check register not only for reconciliation but you can very easily add accounts and subaccounts on the fly!

Cons

The price is a bit worrisome, but the old adage is true--you get what you pay for!

Joseph G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very Likely to recommend, lots of room to improve

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Pros

QBO is super easy to use. very slight learning curve. everything is right where you expect it and works as you'd expect.

Cons

Reporting is terrible. its difficult to create meaningful reports when you start using classes and sub classes.

i wish the GL report would display as my default preference instead of making me change it everytime.

I hate that i can only see one year's worth of outstanding invoices on the invoice screen. why cant it just show me all o/s from all time as of today?

My least favorite things is the limited number of tags you can put on a transaction. For example the only way you can tag a transaction is by account and class. I need at least 2 more tags to do everything i need.

Eugene D.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

QB Online Advanced - A must have for todays business landscape

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Overall QuickBooks online advanced is a excellent product without which our business would not run as smoothly I highly recommend this product to any small business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and does not require an enormous amount of training. I especially like being able to integrate directly into our electronic data interchange system as well as our bank. QuickBooks online advanced really brings all of the useful features together to create a platform that helps our business run smoothly.

Cons

Although the help section is very thorough, it is not as easy to navigate. I wish there was an easier way. The graphic user interface could also use a little bit of improvement in terms of placing of features to make them more intuitive.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks online advanced had significantly more features and more visibility into our business.
Joy K.

Does the job

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

I am very satisfied with QBO overall, especially since we also use Quickbooks payroll.
Entering receipts and information is very easy and reporting is very intuitive.

I do with there was a better way to enter multiple receipts from a payment processor site(Square/Stripe), versus the batch deposits as the systems integrate now.

Pros

It is easy to enter information into Quickbooks and find it later.
Reports are great! I can always find the infromation I need in a ready report, and love that I can click within a report to access more detailed infromation.

Cons

As a non-profit, it can get a little complicated when tracking restricted revenues and their related expenses.
Year end reporting for fulfilling the 990 is not easy when working around the chart of accounts as it us set up in QBO - some account categories don't match up with the way nonprofits track them.

Response from Intuit

We really appreciate you sharing your review with us, Joy!

It's wonderful that QuickBooks has helped provide exactly what you all are needing for your non-profit!

Please keep in mind that you can create additional Chart of Accounts for more specified categorization using the steps outlined here: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/chart-accounts/add-account-chart-accounts-quickbooks-online/L0mCv3AKn_US_en_US?uid=l3xgkvrd).

If you have any other questions or need help, please don't hesitate to get in touch by phone or chat using the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' and we'd be glad to get you taken care of from there!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Amanda D.

QuickBooks Online Advanced: Iconic Online Accounting Software

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Invoice creation and customization.

Forecasting and budgeting.

Pros

QuickBooks Online Advanced offers robust tools that suits accounting needs for all sorts of companies from SME to global enterprises.

Cons

For over five years that I have been using QuickBooks Online Advanced, I have never discovered any aspect that disgusted me.

Alexander W.
  • Industry: Insurance

Quickbooks is a lifesaver and money saver

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Overall great experience.

Pros

Quickbooks is a one stop shop for all money going out and coming in with a freindly user interface and great customer service.

Cons

Nothing huge other than integration with certain banks like PNC

Ekalavya H.

There are better alternatives to QBO Advanced

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Left wanting for more. The platform could not support what we hoped for and heard about it.

Pros

The setup process was self-sufficient. Extremely easy to implement.

Cons

They have a huge problem supporting US businesses owned by non-US citizens. The application for Quickbooks payments never goes through as non-US founders are unable to provide SSN.

Joshua B.

Accounting tool that works for most uses, big or small, but quite expensive

Reviewed on 05/06/2022

It's a great tool and it can probably do everything you need it to, but a little too expensive for most small businesses.

Pros

Quickbooks is a big company so their software is quite well thought out and packed with features. It's pretty easy to use too. With a bit of time and not a lot of effort, you can be up and running in just a few hours, doesn't take a whole IT team.

Cons

The setup is quite time-consuming and their are a lot of features you will probably never use. It's also quite expensive if you don't need such a feature-heavy platform.

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Joshua. We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying QuickBooks. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

• Industry: Hospitality

No up to our expectations

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Pros

Creating Invoice and sending those invoice was the main feature we could use. Integration with our existing PMS was not possible

Cons

Integration was not possible with our PMS. Due to this issue we had manually enter all details to QB

Kevin Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The one stop software for any Business

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.
Kyle H.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Enjoyed the interface better. The template is much easier to navigate and I find the accounting features to make much more sense to me personally.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Used the other product briefly and made the final decision for QBO after not being able to get in contact with the other company's customer service for multiple days to resolve any issues.
Harmony F.
  • Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Sage 100cloud

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.
Molly C.

Best Move My Company Ever Made

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It was too expensive and our organizational structure changed. We no longer saw the benefit for an expensive system with features we never used. The final straw was the fact NetSuite did not support 1099 preparation!

NetSuite CRM

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We wanted a cloud based system since we utilize multiple instances. It made it easier to switch back and forth between companies.
Ryan C.

Quickbooks Online Advanced

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch to help add automation to our process and to move to software better suited for our needs. We were using the Desktop version for 20 years so we needed to get something newer and more customizable.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Pros

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform.
-Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy.
-Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart.
-Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel.
-Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Leann S.

So much better than complicated systems!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Abila was archaic and our installation was no longer supported. For our organization, even moving to MIP online would have been overkill and costly.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Most efficient use of time and money with all the features we needed.
Veronica N.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A powerful tool to track accounting and financial reporting

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

Overall my experience has been good with Quickbooks online advanced. The product has all the features needed to run a business, get the reporting and also connecting with useful apps developed by different partners. Especially during this unprecedented times when online presence is fundamental QBO Advances provides access to not the only an accounting platform but also easy integration to other partners like Third party delivery, PoS, e-commerce, ACH Payments, etc.

Pros

The software is designed to simplify the journey by increasing the quality of the data input during the booking of the transactions and eliminating common mistakes during the process of bookkeeping. I like how the bank feed makes easier every bank reconciliation and provides a lot of information directly from the bank statement.

Cons

I do not like that the migration from desktop to online is not easy and the online version has some missing features compared with the desktop version. I also do not like the Inventory module does not have all the information for food products, like expiration date or lot control

Bob T.

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all.

I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine.

One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Tammy P.

It's All About The Extras

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Joe M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

The Best Option Out There

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Xero is new and if it catches on that will take years, Quickbooks is THE accounting software and I feel like it always will be.
Michael L.

QBO Improving

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing was very important in our decision. A company we know that would be around and continue to improve.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.
Sabrina R.

Multi Small Company

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

Cons

The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Microsoft SharePoint, CANVAS and Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We are already using Quickbooks online and further research needs to be done before a major overhaul of the system is completed.
Curran H.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

Response from Intuit

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Richard M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.