Findmyshift Reviews

4.4/5

1020 Reviews for UK Users

Tony
Tony

Simple to use, easily accessible

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Pros

Ability to use it anywhere anytime, ease of use. Ability to communicate with staff members and trace all updates and changes

Cons

Its incompatibility with Apple devices. Makes it difficult to make changes on the move sometimes and it isn't always easy to use with touch screen

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tony. Get in touch with our support team so we can work through the issues you're having on your touch screen devices.

Finlay
Finlay

Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

we manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.

Pros

easily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful

Cons

The phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.

Matthew
  • Industry: Performing Arts

A solid budget option for teams of up to 20.

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

I am satisfied. It is solid, unspectacular, but simple to operate.

I am satisfied. It is solid, unspectacular, but simple to operate.

Pros

Simple user interface.
Easy to scale up and make minor adjustments.
Affordable.
Easy to read and understand.
Reports are clear and simple to filter.
Most suitable for small teams of mainly casual staff.

Cons

Budgets are unwieldy and usually involve estimation/averaging.
Limited use for volunteers and sign-ups where there is competition for shifts on a "first-come-first-served" basis.

Amanda
  • Industry: Restaurants

Glitchy at times but nice product

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

I have to buy it because the owner requires we do but I find the product to be unreliable and glitchy

Pros

Everyone can use their phone to clock in and out

Cons

It is a very glitchy app and most of the time my team can not sign in and out on it, or they do sign in but when they go to sign out it says they haven’t.

Samantha
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Simple and practical

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Pros

Findmyshift is an easy-to-use platform that keeps my Team in the know about when they are expected to be at work. That's all we need it for, and it works perfectly.

Cons

The communication tools are not very sophisticated (we've used Deputy previously and it was a bit more swish), but we don't need much more than Findmyshift offers.

Wajahat

Easy to use and implement for Clocking and Rota

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

I like it and implementing in other businesses as well.

I like it and implementing in other businesses as well.

Pros

Clocking system is good and useful. employees holiday and absence management is very helpful to manage the business.

Cons

any one can use the PIN to clock in and out others.

harrison

Works well

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Great, the team find it easy to use. Accessible on mobiles to view

Great, the team find it easy to use. Accessible on mobiles to view

Pros

easy to use on the basic package. easy to read and follow

Cons

not being able to fully edit on mobile. can swap to safari mode but too small

Fabian
  • Industry: Events Services

FindMyShift

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

fantastic! love using it and hope to continue using it for longer.

fantastic! love using it and hope to continue using it for longer.

Pros

user friendly, easy to read interface, no issues at all

Cons

probably the interface looks a bit outdated and could use a fresher look

Megan

great and easy!

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Pros

Very easy and simple product. It's easy to navigate, and I love the email updates when scheduling changes are done.

Cons

On the mobile version, you cannot edit time cards

col

Excellent product

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

very useful tool to help making rotas more efficient

very useful tool to help making rotas more efficient

Pros

Ease of use, helpful support team. Visibility for all staff members

Cons

nothing. I find all elements very useful

Tom

Buzz Active

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Not had any major problems, Has been a real improvement to our company.

Not had any major problems, Has been a real improvement to our company.

Pros

Has really helped us manage our business.

Cons

The mobile app is a bit clunky and has limited functionality.

RotaCloud

Reasons for Choosing Findmyshift

To step into the 21st Century & To better manage our casual staff's availability.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Findmyshift was more cost effective. Rota cloud was quite expensive.
Cheryl
  • Industry: Veterinary

The "right" tool for our Team.

Reviewed on 08/09/2023

Greater efficiency for Team members.

Greater efficiency for Team members.

Pros

Initial set-up for administrators and subsequent roll-out to the whole Team was seamless. The navigation is user friendly. The features and functions menu allow for customized set-up. And, the mobile app is essential.

Cons

Nothing at this time in the desktop version. The mobile app could use a navigation facelift.

When I Work

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

We chose FMS for it's simplicity and customization features. FMS allows us to use as few or as many features we want. Doesn't overcomplicate or insist that we engage the full menu for every function.
Abi
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent scheduling

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Superb tool even though I have yet to use all the features

Superb tool even though I have yet to use all the features

Pros

ease of use and real-time clocking in, i used to find my shift as a test, but I carried on with it and never looked back to use the other product as my staff were already uploaded here, and I could not be bothered to start resetting them on other products and Findmyshift was giving me what I need

Cons

Other features are not easily explained. I would like to understand the reporting i.e being able to print the total hours of allocated shifts per month per employee

Tyrone
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Very useful software that has steadily improved over the years

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

As our business grew and we employed more staff, managing an excel/paper based rota became time consuming. The reporting aspect alone of this software has saved me enough time throughout the year to justify the cost, let alone the fact that staff can login using the app or through the website and see their own shifts instead of calling into the office because their paper copy is out of date

Pros

The accessibility of this software is one of the most important features for me. My staff use both the app and the website on their mobiles and tablets to access our rota to check their shifts, request holiday etc.

Cons

The way the software is currently setup its not possible to assign more than 1 rule to pay rates with makes my job more difficult when working out wages on days that attract 2 different levels of premium rates. For example paying someone an additional £1 per hour for working a night shift and also paying them an additional £1 per hour because that night shift was on a sunday or a bank holiday.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tyrone! Regarding the pay rates, it is actually possible to add multiple rules and you can quite easily set them up to pay your staff different rates for different types of shifts. If you'd like us to walk you through it, get in touch with our support team!

Danielle
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

we have been using find my shift for many years and find that it is a very effective and easy...

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

The user friendly system is very beneficial to all staff and the excel reports for the hours worked helps me to generate my timesheets for my invoices.

Pros

The software is very user friendly for me and my work force and there is a smart phone app which also makes it more accessible for my staff. I find the reports which you can generate from the system very useful when translating my hours in to invoices for my customers.

Cons

(not really cons just suggestions)If you finish a staff member on your rota's, they cannot see old shifts. It would be handy to have two finish dates one so that they are not on the rota anymore and one so that you can't schedule them from that date onwards. For example, we also use the finish box for current staff as a reminder for when their SIA badge runs out and we can't schedule them without them having a badge to work not necessarily because they so not work for our company anymore, most of the time they still need to see past shifts or log on to help them do invoices.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review and suggestion Danielle. We'll take a look and see what we can do for you. Perhaps a grace period for your staff to log in (maybe up to 2 weeks) after their finish date might help?

H

Best Software for scheduling , time clock etc

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Pros

Fingmyshift is really easy to use and implement. Users are really happy with the functionality and ease of use. Easy to see department wise, shift wise schedules at any time you want.

Cons

For our purposes , I dont find any cons in the software. It solves our purpose and it has helped in making scheduling more efficient.

Darry
  • Industry: Hospitality

A great easy to use product

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

its been brilliant. this is the 4th Venue that I've introduced Findmyshift to.

its been brilliant. this is the 4th Venue that I've introduced Findmyshift to.

Pros

the online roster system is fantastic to use, very easy to navigate and update.

Cons

the customisation of reports, and when a staff member wants to request only a part of the day off, they have to select the whole day.

Neil
  • Industry: Entertainment

It's changed our world

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Like many other businesses, we survived for years using the good old fashioned spreadsheet to give us a visual planning tool for our staff assignment. Initially, we trialed Find My Shift purely for the ability to share the roster amongst our management team.
Only when we took the leap from the old spreadsheet feature did we realize how much more we could achieve. The facilities feature was a pretty cool tool but then we started to share the roster with our staff. To say our staff communication has been revolutionized would be modest. It's changed our world and made a significant contribution to a culture of shared info - something we didn't think we were lacking until we tried it with Find My Shift.
After that, we just kept exploring. We're now running all timesheets from Find My Shift - and it's taken a whole day off the payroll process!
But still the best feedback from the team actually came from the partner of one of our guys - "this is awesome, I can now find out what you're doing this weekend - it feels like we've got control of our life back".......thanks guys, love your work!

Pros

Shared access, individual crew login, timesheets, facilities.....so much we love

Cons

Would love to see a better mobile app - perhaps that staff can use for timesheets?
Also, would love to be able to code time to a job (cost center)

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Hi Neil! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Susan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Findmyshift is definitely worth trying

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Allowing the staff to access their shifts from their phone, and using the hours reporting for payroll.

Pros

We were able to try out before committing to a years subscription.
The staff hours are easy to download for wages
It is very clear looking back how many hours each staff is working

Cons

The main problem is when staff put in there hours. If they put in 9 - 5 with an extra gap or any other minor error it will not feed through onto the summary. So each week we need to count the number of shifts each person has and count the number of records on the report section. Each week there is at least one error. This would be corrected by not allowing or having a seperate box for comments.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Susan! Can you get in touch with our support team with some examples of the mistakes your staff have made? We'd like to see what we can do to help!

Jennifer
  • Industry: Veterinary

Have been very happy with Find My Shift

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Many. All in the review

Many. All in the review

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to enter the schedule in and you don't have to follow an exact protocol for the times, etc. I like that I can email everyone at once right from the program, the templates make it convenient to add the schedule weeks in advance, I love the time off request feature, I like being able to change the font colors and the back ground colors. I also love that employees can check their schedules at home from their phones. No one can say they "looked at an old schedule" or didn't know about a shift because its all right there(unless you forget to publish a change...)

Cons

The color chart is hard to tell what color you are choosing.
I wish there were an option to "Publish all" So I don't have to highlight a week, then publish, then highlight another week, then publish, etc if I put 8 weeks of schedule in at once.
Its a little slow to save/publish

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Jennifer! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site! If you're having trouble with the colour chart, hover your mouse above it and use your mouse wheel to zoom-in and make it larger. I hope this helps!

Tyrone

Great online rota solution

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

I think this is our 5th year renewing with findmyshift. One of the biggest reasons for sticking with them is that you can always get hold of their support, they always want to help and will often go above and beyond to advise, tweek or fix anything that we are struggling with in terms of functionality or potential bugs in the code.

Pros

We've been using findmyshift for years to manage the staff rota for our carehome. Being able to access it anywhere with an internet connection, make changes etc has been invaluable.

Cons

The holiday management within the software doesn't suit our industry very well, great for straightforward hourly rates for staff with hours that never change and where additional payments aren't a consideration but doesn't account for the fact that employees must be paid an average wage for their time off taking into account regular overtime, flat rate bonuses for shifts etc. As such, i need to keep a separate spreadsheet for this.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Tyrone!

Brett

Feedback after Using for 2 years.

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

I have been a consistent user for over 2 years now. I issue my roster weekly. None of my staff (who are mostly younger than me) have any issue with the roster.

Pros

I was originally drawn to this software as my original digital roster program simply priced themselves out of the market and I needed to entertain alternatives. I liked that I was provided a template at no charge to trial. This enabled me to properly road test and gauge if it was software I could navigate.

Cons

I had to ask numerous questions to seek advice about populating rosters. What is obvious now, was not when I originally started using this software. Again, this is most likely operator error. I could see hours and costs on my previous roster platform, and hide them from the printed version. I can't do that with findmyshift, at least not to my knowledge. I would like to if it is possible?

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Brett!

Emily
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software, simple to use

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

We would recommend Find My Shift to any small business wanting a simple solution which doesn't cost the earth.

Pros

We've found Find My Shift easy to pick up and share amongst our team. It's relatively inexpensive for a critical job!

Cons

The user experience is sometimes a bit clunky and could be improved.

QuickBooks Online

More functionality
Ian

Just works!

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Had tried quite a few prior to this and Findmyshift seems to be a well-balanced software that gets the job done for a business with freelance workers who take regular shifts.

Pros

Can do monthly salary summation, unlike a lot of software which default to a weekly view for shift workers.

Cons

Companion phone app not great. Web version works well though.

Sling and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Findmyshift

Overall better value for money

Sling

Reasons for Switching to Findmyshift

Overall better mix of features

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Ian!

Emma

Easy way to monitor time and attendance

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Pros

The reports that are available along with the additional facilities that can be added to each individual shift for each individual employee. Being able to attach all our employees details and information is also beneficial to us. Being able to input an hourly rate is also a factor which we like as it allows us to use this against our payroll system.

Cons

I don't really like and am not 100% keen on the fact that there is so separation within the employees and that you can't separate them in departments or different locations. what is also different is cross referencing an employee that is based at one location but covers a shift at a different location, the only way in which we could do this was by colour coding which doesn't clarify specifically what location on the final report.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review Emma!