4.2
Nicholas S.
Industry: Higher Education

Aircall for Student Media Creator Support

Reviewed on 10/04/2017

We have been using Aircall as a replacement for a traditional phone-based hotline system that served to connect students (and faculty/staff) with our team of media production experts who offer just-in-time support for video and audio projects. Aircall integrates perfectly with a Slack - Talkus - Aircall workflow that allows for using our team Slack channel to funnel both calls and chat requests through a #support channel. This enables the entire staff to be more responsive to support requests. Aircall itself also offers features that we had not previously been able to leverage like cascading ringing, customized hours generally and for specific users, easy transferring of callers and more.

Pros

Aircall is easy to set up, dead simple to use but hides a host of powerful features beneath its slick façade.

Cons

The mobile app is a bit rough around the edges, but that's minor compared to the above.

Murali K.
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

The best way to set up a call center and to enable support!

Reviewed on 26/01/2019

Pros

I could set up a call center in matter of minutes, and it is very easy to use! And the calls that arrive, we can forward to personal mobiles, that has helped us to make sure that we would not lose any important calls. The best part is, we can record and make a note of all the calls, and we can also put up a setting for greetings. The desktop app is self-sufficient to receive calls, and I should say the quality of these calls are just awesome. The customer service team is very responsive, they have quickly got back to us whenever we had any concerns. The application integrates with pipedrive, slack and thereby had helped our staff to stay connected for better support. The application is very much cost effective in comparison to the features it provides.

Cons

We need a strong internet to use this application. There are a lot of updates available every now and then, but updating and restarting of the application has become a very irritating task.

Ali A.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Wonderful app to talk

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Meeting people around the world became easy and cost-effective.

Pros

Crystal clear voice, simple user interface.

Cons

Nothing so far as long I m using this. It's still very reliable

Hitesh S.

Great Product & Onboarding

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

AIrcall from the demo , trial and implementation was super! They were so patient

Pros

Aircall was a strong contender to a well-known array of apps/services which primarily help companies setup their IVR, call routing and enable information to flow via integrations. AIrcall was easy to setup, super easy to use and the onboarding was second to none!

Cons

Its only App based and doesn't work with IP telephone. Although they have a dekstop app and apps for ioS and Android as well.

Ian P.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Not Terrible, but Not Gamechanging

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

My overall experience with Aircall is neutral. I wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't steer someone else away from using it. It has good qualities and bad qualities, like most tools...but the good definitely don't outweigh the bad. While it is very easy to use and has some helpful features and automations, it doesn't always work. When it does, it's great. But I have encountered too many functional problems to recommend this tool with confidence. However, I have used worse before, so I wouldn't discourage someone from trying it out. It's not overly expensive, therefor the value isn't terrible, which is why I wouldn't discourage people from trying it out. I've yet to use a better internet based phone service, but they have all had serious flaws, including Aircall. However, for the times it has worked well, it's fantastic, so that does count for something in my book.

Pros

What I've liked most about Aircall is it's level of integration with our CRM (HubSpot) and it's ability to be used across multiple devices with easy access. I use Aircall on my work computer, personal computer, and smartphone. The controls are quite easy, it's very user friendly, and it does record data (call logs, recordings, etc) consistently across all of my different devices. It's also integrated very well with my company's CRM, HubSpot. The calls translate well to our contact or company page associated with the number, it will automatically creat a new contact in HubSpot when dialing a new number, and it stores recordings and what happened on the call quite accurately in our CRM. It's been a nice tool, on this front.

Cons

What I've like least about Aircall is the reliability. It has not been an overly reliable phone system. It freezes often, has audio connectivity problems, and usually, if it freezes, just closing and reopening the application the application isn't enough to get it working again. Both myself and my coworkers have had to completely restart our computers to get Aircall to work again after encountering a glitch. Not only does this interrupt productivity, but it can also be challenging because we are evaluated, often, on the number of dials we make. Aircall's inconsistency can create problems regarding our ability to hit our number of dials goal. It is not a very reliable, consistent tool.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Ekaterina V.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy, intuitive and good looking

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Aircall quickly became a part of my everyday routine, easy and helpful, I like it.

Pros

I started with Aircall not long time ago. For me, as a user, integration was really fast, I spent maybe 5-10 minutes to figure out the settings and what to do here.
I appreciate several phone numbers, it's very helpful when you have customers in different countries.
Easy, I think a baby could use it without questions.
Also an app for iOS is good.

Cons

For my laptop, normally I use a sleeping mode, and sometimes I recognise that I need to close the app and open it again to start a call.
By default, there is 00 sec for an incoming call to switch to unavailable mode. At first, I did not understand why incoming calls were abandoned, later I found this setting and changed it. So just a bit of advice to check all settings from the start.

Natasha W.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: Self Employed

Great for Voice Conferencing!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Aircall helps me to have quality conversations with clients all over the world. I do not ever have an issue with Aircall!

Pros

Once you understand the functionality of Aircall, it is a great software that includes the desktop app and the mobile app. The quality of the calls is flawless. I also was able to document the call by adding notes. Aircall is able to sync with multiple third party applications like Saleforce, which is a big help.

Cons

When I initially started using Aircall, it was difficult to sync with Salesforce and use the software. Even now, I still have to manually add the number to log the call. It’s not a huge issue, but it is just inconvenient. Also, I have had some issues with the mobile app in the past, so I just use the desktop.

Elitsa Z.
Industry: Education Management

The absolute worst purchasing experience

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Pros

decent product. One of the better systems on the market.

Cons

I am not sure if this company is a scam or not. Any time I tried to reach out to their phone number or sales team to discuss purchasing their product I either got disconnected or no one showed up on the call.

It is really too bad that they have such a bad sales process because my team really likes their product

Response from Aircall

Hi Elitsa,

We sincerely apologize that you had a poor experience during the sales process with us. It was certainly not our intention to let you down. The call issues we faced were due to a disruption with Google Hangouts and Zoom that we did not anticipate.

We're happy to hear that your team likes Aircall and look forward to hopefully working together soon!

- Aircall Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Garrett L.
Industry: Computer Software

Aircall Review

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

It is an improvement from our past call system but has its flaws.

Pros

Aircall is easy to download on both your computer and phone. You can also upload and integrate contacts from other platforms.

Cons

The user interface is lacking in coherency and with out good internet connection or headphones, call quality drops a lot.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Daniela S.
Industry: Computer Software

Good in general

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

I don't use as much now, I used to use it for all day long some time ago and we kept for a few areas but we are using another tool for inbound

Pros

In general, it works well. It's very easy to use.
Also, it has a mobile app that works the same as computer software.

Cons

I wish it had local area codes to the destination numbers, that would make it easier for the leads answer the calls.
Also, I wish the recording was separated by the person without having to filter it.

Bill H.
Industry: Entertainment

Aircall is a great tool for startups and growing businesses alike

Reviewed on 22/03/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

- Aircall gives me freedom to take calls away from my desk. Using the forward to mobile feature I need not worry that i'll miss something important
- Equally as advantageous, is the feature to track and monitor calls as well as set greetings. This ups the professionalism of the business to new heights. Customers can't believe that we're just a small office working out of Seattle.
- My favorite feature by far is the ability to easily dial out and receive calls via the desktop app. This has really improved our business being able to easily communicate with outside contractors and investors around the world. This is the 21st century, and it's about time we're finally able to communicate like it.

Cons

- As this does run on internet connection, calls can be a bit choppy if you don't have the best Wi-Fi. (Which has resulted in the app crashing a couple of times)
- Compared to some other phone services this is a bit pricier because it charges per user.

Allen W.
Industry: Retail

If you like a tons of bugs, features randomly removed, and terrible customer service that costs you money, go for it.

Reviewed on 02/08/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Aircall used to be a solid product with fair pricing and good support. I don't know what's changed in side their company, but something has gone wrong and now their product and customer service are suffering.

Pros

They have dedicated apps for all the major devices (iOS, Mac, Windows, etc). They have a good website that's easy to find what you're looking for.

Cons

I have to begin with the fact that their customer service is horrible and screwed me out of so much money after they changed the product without warning.

I was on their enterprise plan and paid for the entire year upfront for all my users and lines. 6 phone lines, 4 users. I was supposed to get an account executive, but was never assigned one until 7 months later when I had a major issue happen and asked where my rep was. She had just been hired maybe 2 weeks prior, she said.

Halfway through July 2017, the engineers accounted a bug in a feature we depended on. They issued a 'bug fix' by removing the entire feature without warning! Without this feature, we couldn't use the Aircall service. I had several phone calls with them and maybe a dozen back and forth emails, but Aircall wouldn't add the feature back.

I politely asked for a refund for the remaining 5 months of service and they flat out refused, even though the product I paid for had changed, I didn't sign a contract, and there was nothing in their TOS about it. Now, I've paid for 5 months of service I'm never going to be able to use because Aircall removed the function we needed.

This is AFTER I'd written glowing reviews on various ecommerce platforms, told other entrepreneurs to get it, and again, paid for an entire year.

Outside of that, the software always seemed to be loaded with bugs. They do not add features very often, including some that are needed badly. You also can't put customers hold hold when you dial them - only when they dial into you!

I would strongly suggest skipping Aircall and trying out something like Dialpad or Talkdesk.

John T.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Aircall and Piprdive combination do the job for me

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

Aircall integrates seamlessly with Pipedive to make our groups task easier. The phone numbers extracted through pipedrive email marketing campaigns are fed to Aircall and our phone markering people will take the charge at this point. Aircall has a great advantage that it works very well on the phone app which we never need a phone number to make the call. It cheaper as well compared to the services it offers.

Cons

Aircall is the app in which I daily use that gives most minutes of downtime everyday. The mobile app sometimes fails to send out sound notifications even when the sound setting are set correctly.

Praveen R.
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Setting up a call center in just 5 minutes!

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Pros

Whenever we are done with creating a product/service we usually give everything to marketing and sales team but I believe there should be one more thing needed, the customer service to answer product related calls. We have been not granted with great infrastructure to set up a group of customer service associates at our office but with the help of aircall, we set up remote agents from almost every continents. I could easily monitor activities and real time performance from my office and they even allow a great iPhone app to do everything at great convenience.

Cons

They do not offer anything for companies below 3 employees. They won't allow registration using webmail email addresses like Gmail and Yahoo and they only accept email addresses at a company domain. This causes freelancers and consultants to not using this app.

John P.
Industry: Management Consulting

A tool with tremendous value at a modest cost

Reviewed on 13/04/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love that Aircall offers my company the ability to sound like a full sized professional services company. Phone calls are everything at my business, I match people skills with businesses and it's extremely important to keep constant communication between all parties.
Aircall lets me keep that constant communication whether i'm at the office, on my computer, or even need to switch phones. The parity of the service of a whole is an extreme value for the cost.

Cons

The mobile app interface definitely isn't my favorite, however as Apps come, it's likely they will be improving that in the near future. The functionality is all there, just the UI/UX and layout of everything isn't the most appealing. Hardly a reason not to try Aircall out though.

Erin A.
Industry: Information Services

Great app

Reviewed on 12/06/2017

Pros

I use Aircall every day and it's very easy to use. Call quality is good. Very easy to use app for both my Mac and iPhone. Easy to import contacts via CSV. Love the office hour options to automatically make calls go straight to voicemail. Love that you can call right out of the mobile app so I don't have to use my cell number when I'm not at my computer. Great solution for companies that don't want to spend money on a phone service and hardware.

Cons

Wish there was a direct Salesforce integration so that all my "attempting to contact" and "active" are in my contacts. Often times they aren't up-to-date (due to me not pulling a CSV more than once a quarter) so I'm never sure if it's an Aircall coming in through the mobile app or if it's just a random number.

Industry: Consumer Services

It's great for a small business, but needs to grow for larger ones

Reviewed on 07/04/2019

They were VERY helpful in assisting us with transporting over our 15 or so numbers. Since then we've gotten many more numbers, and because of our use-case, they've worked with us and have allowed us more reach than we really should have. That being said, we're a call center and have calls coming in and going out constantly -- we need far more details in the reporting area than they currently offer. If they could tighten down this area, I would have given a better rating honestly. But this also comes from someone who needs statistics to make daily/weekly/monthly decisions internally.

Pros

The user interface is really nice and clean. Something I've found lacking in so many other VoIP providers.

Cons

There are several bugs we've reported over the past year that either take a long time to get fixed if they get fixed at all. We found a workaround for most of our issues though.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Environmental Services

Untethered Customer Service

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

This service has allowed us to affordably untether from traditional landlines and use integrated call center solutions for our small business. These options are often only available at larger enterprise level solutions, so we have been pleased with what we can get for the price.

Pros

I love that Aircall integrates with our CRM, and Support software making call logging fairly seamless. Setup for users is simple, and updating customizations for audio recordings is easy. Sales staff helped to create a custom billing plan for our needs.

Cons

Support isn't always great. Communicating bugs has been frustrating. And there are bugs. The call log periodically misbehaves. The sync of call recordings for missed calls doesn't always work forcing us to still check missed calls in the native Aircall app still.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Set up is easy, integration with CRMs

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

- Most of VoIP solutions require some level of knowledge and expert understanding , but aircall it is easy to make the set up
- We use hubspot as CRM and we integrated aircall easily without a problem
- For the quality and simplicity I get I think the price is very competitive

Cons

- You need good rally internet connection otherwise the communication quality is poor, at least 10 Mpbs upload
- Customer support could be better

Ben B.

Software based phone system

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Pros

Aircall was really easy to setup, and the team were very helpful and forthcoming with information. They integrate really well with lots of different CRMs and that's where the most useful features of the system come into play.
Being able to see who's calling, log that straight away in the software, and also have a quick link to click to view that customer/client information means the agent handling the call can in most cases respond much more quickly, and save the step searching for the customer's records.

Cons

It's quite expensive per user, almost twice the cost per user of our current physical phone system, and more expensive than other software phone providers. There also were some strange issues with the bluetooth streaming protocols forced on bluetooth headsets when using their app which hasn't been present in other similar apps that I trialed and tested.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Richard F.
Industry: Wholesale

Don't waste your time

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Very difficult to set up. The trial was just possible for us after many email back and forth. After that it was not possible to test. Its insane, soo bad.

Pros

They have integrations, and app for iOS and Android

Cons

Does not work. The support took days to set up a trial. And then did not work

Response from Aircall

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience getting set up with Aircall. Is there anything specific that you were having trouble with so we can pass along your feedback and try to improve for other users? If so, please send us an email at [email protected] We appreciate your feedback and will take it to heart. - Aircall Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Overall it is a great product in a very crowded space. We joined in the early days.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

It has allowed us to have a remote team and grow our business and double the amount of support staff in a very short space of time.

Pros

- ease of use
- reporting features and ability to export data so we can create custom reports
- ability and ease of scaling the size of our account

Cons

- the support does not always solve the issue/s we have

Industry: Information Services

Value customer feedback

Reviewed on 07/08/2017

Pros

- Value customer feedback
- Continue to improve features and quality
- We receive free headset across global customer service team
- Recording is Perfect tool to monitor agents quality
- Reporting tool is too cool : informative, nice graphic

Cons

- Doesn't show phone numbers from Mainland China (A crazy and huge market for us to support and also where the main income from), instead we just received as Anonymous call. Call back is impossible.

Industry: Sports

We love this company

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Pros

Their phone system is very easy to set up and use. We were up and running in less than a day. In addition, the phone app makes it even easier to connect with customers while out of the office- no being tied to a traditional office phone system. It has ultimately made us a better company for our customers, allowing them to reach us wherever we may be in the world.

Cons

There have been a lot of updates recently- can get annoying when constantly restarting and updating the app. However, as a tech company ourselves, we understand the need to fix things and push them out to customers.

Industry: Music

Aircall has great features!

Reviewed on 08/06/2019

Pros

We implemented Aircall because we needed to record inquiry based calls to help improve our business and services. Aircall provides you with toll free numbers, a virtual call center, and call routing, which helped us get started.

Cons

The pricing is a bit steep, provided the fact that you have to pay per user, and each member of our team needs access.