ADP Workforce Now

Katie H.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Best ADP app

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate through the web. You can find what you are looking for. It has multiple functions

Cons

It take time to use learn how to use it and knowing where to go to find your information. It contains a lot of links

Calyn B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Worth the Money!

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

It has been great, the implementation team and standard support are always very quick to resolve issues.

Pros

Payroll was quite the process before having an all in one system for time and attendance and payroll processing. Now it is very smooth and having all of our employee data in one place is great!!

Cons

It is a more expensive option but the expandability for future growth and top rate security offset this in my opinion.

Paychex Flex, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Needed a payroll provider after we switched to a need accounting system

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Pricing, features, and ability to meet needs after growth
Traeann J.

Not a good option for smaller companies

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Not great. Customer service is a joke without a dedicated service team, which you can only get by meeting a certain size threshold or paying roughly four times the monthly rate for basic service. They are constantly changing the theme/formatting of the website (at least twice a year), so you have to relearn things often.

Six months ago I had a call with them to explore adding the Applicant Tracking and Performance Management modules, and they ended up presenting me with the biggest suite possible without 12 other pieces I didn't need (which was going to increase our annual cost on the system by 3 times, or $40k). When asked to quote me on just the 2 modules I wanted, they literally said "what is your budget? that will help us determine the price." Very backwards approach.

Pros

Lots of customization in reporting and accesses

Cons

Very obvious that they acquired many pieces along the way - isn't a seamless product. For example, if you are building a report and search for "pay rate", three different options come up. Several updates (like employee state taxes) require you to make the change in multiple spots instead of changing it once and that cascading to all impacted areas.

Ashley D.

Easy, convenient and practical

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

Overall I enjoy it. My company has used it for the past 14 years, switched to paycom for a half a year and then made the smart decision to switch back.

Pros

Love the convenience of being able to use your phone with this app. Being able to clock staff in and out easily if they forget to clock in, keeping track of pto, time card edits and missed punches the main things I take care of is just so easy.

Cons

When I used paycom, you were able to request your days off on that. With adp, we have to go back to using pen and paper and keep track of staff days off instead of having it all in one spot. Would be nice!

Adrian T.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

ADP Is THE Workforce Payroll Product Everyone Needs In Their Life

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

ADP Workforce Now is an absolutely easy and rock solid software when it come to handling the payroll, benefits and other tasks of a company. There's no reason not to get it and it's likely if you don't you may run into a few problems with other similar software. Even possibly picking up 2-3 additional services, to cover everything Workforce Now does in one swoop.

Pros

ADP is trusted across the board and you can tell with the care they out I to their products. Workforce Now takes that to an all new level, allowing small or large corporations to deal with payroll issues and employees with ease. Benefits, pay, discrepancies, log access. You name it, Workforce now is a breeze. The biggest key may be that it has a universal app for employees to use. One that will automatically give them a notification a day or 2 before they get paid, so they can see their paycheck stuff, if they do direct deposit. It also has access to their W-2 forms, making taxes easily handled.

Cons

Of course as good as things are, there are going to be drawbacks. Workforce Now has 1 major negative, but with a little, patience it isn't a huge problem. As good as the app is, it can hang when you are first logging in (something it has you do every time). It will hold and load for a good 2-10 seconds most times. Occasionally causing a force close. That doesn't happen often, but still, something to be aware of.

Some bugs but overall good!

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Pros

- The both visual and textual breakdown of your paycheck by rate, taxes, and overtime makes it very quick and easy to view the details of your latest and past paychecks at a glance.
- Interface was reasonably user friendly, I could figure out where I needed to go after one or two tries basically all of the time
- The tracking of your punches was very thorough; love the details timestamp and hourly breakdown, made it easy for me to track how long I'd been on shift

Cons

- The quick punch-in/punch-out clock on the mobile app was glitchy. If you forgot to exit the quick punch window after punching in, then the next time you went to punch out would say that you punched in AND out at the same time, which made for quite the messy timecard that I had to consistently request to fix. But once you learn the trick, you're good to go!
- It's difficult to find past documents I've signed or past tasks I've completed. It's non-intuitive, and hidden behind a couple different layers of buttons.

Brianna L.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Great For Payroll & Job Posting

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Great experiences so far while using it for my company.

Pros

I like that you're able to do payroll, as well as find potential candidates. The ADP software also helps you weed out all of the bad applicants, by giving them a pass or fail.

Cons

I disklike that it can be a little difficult to use sometimes when doing the payroll. Such as, inputting numbers and data.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ADP makes my life easier

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Very good.

Pros

ADP is really easy to use and it was wayyy easier to follow to prepare for tax return than my what my last employer used.

Cons

The only thing I want to complain is that the login interface last year(2021) was better than now.

Good base tool

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

the tool meets my needs, but its incredibly frustrating trying to bulk-download paystubs. the quarterly password resets are a major pain.

Pros

ADP is a trusted name, and well respected for good reason - its a bulletproof product

Cons

for a tool that users log into MAYBE twice a year, requiring a quarterly/monthly password change is both "a bit much", and violates security best practices.

Miriam P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Good

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Pros

Easy and compatible to use and very user friendly

Cons

Login page is hard to find in google and company id is hard to find

Irene L.

ADP Workforce Now - not just for payroll anymore

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

The need for staff to go to their supervisor to get their PTO balance has been eliminated with the use of the self service portal. the staff feels more empowered to take control of their profiles with any updates they need to make.

Pros

We have changed finance managers 4 times in the last 5 years. For the periods of time that we had no finance manager, I was the person tasked with all things HR and payroll related. Let me tell you, this is outside of my normal workflow but I had to get my people paid. The software is straight forward, click and go, easy to use. Even for those of us that are not payroll or HR professionals. With the COVID hit, there was an added layer of complexity to entering payroll for those out sick. The ADP team did a wonderful job on providing resources and updating those resources often. there is online learning, on demand learning and always a friendly calm voice on the other end of the phone when a would frantically call for help. It's not just the software, it's the people behind it that make it all work smoothly. Tracking PTO is also a HUGE benefit to our employees. the days of " how much time off do I have ? " are long gone. We have encouraged all of our employees to use the self service portal for any changes to their profile thus cutting down on internal paperwork and the need for data entry. It's been a game changer for us.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change about it. The communication via email is amazing and I always know what is going on with my processes.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP fulfilled more of the needs of the business.
Cristiano P.

Custom solution to fit any business size/type.

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

We switched from Paychex to ADP as we outgrew the Paychex platform. Happy with the switch, despite the occasional headache.

Pros

I like that ADP gives you complete control over all aspects of HR & Payroll within workforce now.

Cons

Because it is so customizeable, there can be issues getting feaetures working or fixed. Also, the sales and implementation team are hard to get ahold of once paperwork is finalized. They seem to disappear and work on their own schedule without feedback, regular updates on progress, etc.

Gusto and Homebase

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was more "on rails" and didn't allow some customization that we needed. Also, their time & attendance app was terrible. I spent more time fixing time clocks than anything else.

Paychex Flex
  • Industry: Accounting

Minimize Admiuistration

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

I have been using ADP Workforce Now software program for decades. ADP Workforce Now has significantly reduced my administrative payroll process. ADP Workforce Now does the work for me! It is comforting to know ADP Workforce Now is 100% reliable. I am always confident the payroll process will run effortlessly and efficiently. I highly recommend it!

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is an excellent software program if you are interested in streamlining your payroll process and making your business run effortlessly, efficiently and eliminate your stress!
ADP Workforce Now has been an industry leader for decades. The ADP Workforce Now software is user friendly; the program is self explanatory; and I process employee personal and W4 information in just a few easy steps.

I also applaud the implementation team for making the initial transition/conversion process painless. The team was knowledgeable and familial with transferring my previous software program data into ADP Workforce Now with ease. The team knew exactly how transfer my historical data perfectly!

Additionally, as a small business owner, I find the legal recommendations invaluable! The legal team is very responsive, knowledgeable, and assists in protecting my business from potential legal consequences.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons working with ADP Workforce Now software program...It's right on point and meets all my expectations. My experience with ADP Workforce Now has been flawless.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now was highly recommended from a colleague. My previous company made a few too many errors. The paychecks had to be reprinted which delayed receiving the paychecks on many paydays.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now had/has an excellent reputation in the payroll industry. The sales person was highly knowledgeable and trained in using the product. And, more importantly, my colleagues were satisfied using ADP Workforce Now software program and highly recommended it.
Cody M.

ADP WFN Saves Money Without the White Glove Service

Reviewed on 31/10/2021

Overall despite the high about of struggle it takes to get up and running, ADP WFN is a very solid platform if your company seeks to integrate many functions all within a single platform, and wishes to take a somewhat "hands-off" approach to tasks. Payroll tax is automatically done by ADP, for instance. This platform may not be the most user-friendly, but it works and it's a very powerful tool once learned. Unless your company wants a true "white glove" experience, you can likely not to better for the price than ADP WFN.

Pros

ADP WFN covers all the bases for HR, tax, payroll, applicant tracking, timekeeping, and more. I would not say that ADP is the absolute best-in-class for any individual module, however, as a holistic package it's extremely powerful. The ADP WFN package is very price-competitive compared to other payroll software. The integrated nature of the platform (one stop shop) and longstanding, proven track record is what I would most recommend about ADP.

Cons

There are 2 large cons for ADP, however, these may be present with other platforms too. First is the initial onboarding and setup. I've onboarded ADP at 3 companies over the past decade, and it can be extremely hit or miss - it's entirely dependent on the ADP team you get. The timeline can also be much longer than one may think to start. Secondly, when problems come up, customer service is where things can tend to go awry. Again, it's completely dependent on the person you get. As a bit of advice, if you feel like a bad response was given, call right back and speak to a different person, you might end up with a great resolution.

Brian G.

Follows you wherever you go...

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

simple/easy/intuitive/persistent/Dedicated --- don't forget it will always be by your side

Pros

Throughout many roles and across varied industry's ADP has been used as a platform to receive pay stubs, obtain tax information and forms, monitor time work and time off, and track pay. All of these features are displayed in an easy to navigate, user-friendly, customizable dashboard that is kind of awesome if you are obsessed with your finances. I love how everything is at your fingertips and how easy all your info is to access. The best part about ADP is that despite being issued new log in credentials with every employer who uses this program (usually the company email I am assigned once hired) all my previous ADP accounts synched with my new job and literally has followed me from place to place. I was concerned that with each new employer and subsequently the new account information, I would have countless user names and passwords spanning my lifetime from each and every job I held. WRONG! This program is great... their app even is better.. and it will always be with you no matter the employer.

Cons

Starting the whole process at times can be difficult. With my most recent employer who used ADP there was a miscommunication between HR and the company resulting in misinformation and bad information regarding sign up to the app/program. An invite code was needed but it seemed no one could get it together enough to get it for us ...needless to say weeks later the entire new hire class got the right code hence access to our paystubs

Sally G.

ADP Workforce Now is so-so for a small business

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Overall WFN is a pretty complex product, with features that most likely are impactful and necessary for larger companies. However, as a small business user, it seems cumbersome in some instances.

But by far my biggest issue using this product is with the ADP Support. I have no dedicated support representative; I'm pretty sure every person working for their support is located in another country, and it generally takes me between one and 8 hours overall to get any type of problem fixed. That is not an exaggeration. And I know to expect that almost every time, the call will get disconnected and I may or may not hear back from that representative. Being 100% unable to rely on their product support to fix our issues can be a huge problem when the error involves payroll which is under a deadline!

Pros

The interface on the employee profile pages is pretty good. It's like a dashboard for each type of information for each employee (pay profile, employment profile, personal profile, etc.).

Cons

The reporting functionality leaves much to be desired from the user's perspective. I find it very difficult to locate a canned report containing the information I need, and the custom reporting can be difficult to use.

We also use this product for PTO tracking, and the users find it difficult to figure out how to see all the details and manage their time off. I am constantly having to explain to them how to use it, when this feature should really be self-explanatory. In addition, administrators are unable to pull or print a calendar showing time off for all employees in a given time period. This seems like information that's crucial from a business perspective, but apparently if we don't pay for the Time & Attendance module, we do not get the full functionality of the PTO system. Disappointing, to say the least.

Another big disappointment is figuring out how to use this product to distribute and track company policies that require signatures, print a report with the results, etc. I'm not sure it works at all....I have been unable to figure it out, and therefore gave up on that.

Karen C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

HRIS System

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

Dayforce HCM and Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Ultipro is not as supportive and does not have the functionality of ADP.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Previous knowledge of system and not paying for something we wouldnt use.
Virginia G.
  • Industry: Insurance

ADP Workforce Now Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

ADP Workforce Now has been a great learning experience. I love how easy it is to reset users log in information from the administration side and how ADP recognizes users based off personal information. This comes in handy when needing to pull historical payroll data.

Pros

ADP is very easy to use and I love how they have a built in training platform that can train you as you use the system. There are little information bubbles that you can hover over that will give you insights to the features and updates as they are release. ADP is expanding who they will integrate with which is wonderful because you can have several other systems integrated to the payroll system which makes for seamless processes. I really enjoy using ADP Workforce Now, it's very easy to use, pull reports, and run payroll. The system is very intelligent and won't allow you to hire individuals with the same personal information, which is very important for auditing purposes. Overall, great system to use.

Cons

The three cons I have about ADP Workforce Now is the reporting is difficult to use if you don't know what exactly you need when pulling data. The support team is very slow and sometimes too busy to prioritize your issues if you're a smaller organization vs. a larger organization. The last con is that the system is not customizable, so if you need a form or process customized to fit your company's needs, I would suggest a different system that is more customizable.

BambooHR

Cost and ease of use
Sherri A.
  • Industry: Banking

It's come a long way

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

Pros

We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

Cons

The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

The cost of some of the software systems was quite high. They had additional functionality, but that didn't justify the cost difference.
Kym W.
  • Industry: Automotive

ADP

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

CDK was sunsetting their program. ADP and CDK used to be one in the same therefore we were under the impression that ADP would have more dealership experience when it came to payroll.

CDK Drive

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Again because we were under the assumption that ADP had more dealership experience when it came to payroll because they used to be a part of CDK (which is a dealership accounting software).
Cyndi M.
  • Industry: Information Services

WFN Review

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

I was not part of that decision.

Paylocity

Management decision.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

ADP is a great tool for businesses

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Really happy overall.

Pros

ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons

Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Workday is confusing and more expensive.

Workday HCM

Value and ease of use.
Shikha V.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc.
This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service.
It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately.
The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application.
The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Samridh S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Pros

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP.
- Easy to manage my PTO and see balances
I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP.
Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours.
- Notifications
ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out.
- Everything in one place
All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too.
I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in.
Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

Cons

- Outdated look
I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO.
- More details needed
I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things
- Update takes time
When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Collin E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features.

There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

Pros

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies.

Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze.

Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday.

Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications.

Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.