Ganttic

Write a Review!
Fully customizable project resource planning software

4.4/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
4.4/5

196 Reviews for UK Users

Scott

Love Ganttic

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

• Industry: Media Production

A great cost-effective solution

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

Largely brilliant, it's served the purpose we've needed it to, however as we transition to more of a focus on budget management and capacity forecasting/tracking, we're finding that it might not be the best tool to allow us to do that.

Pros

The main pros are its inexpensiveness and ease of use. In terms of using it simply to book resource and manage a large teams' production schedules across hundreds of projects, it does the job perfectly. It also has an API available which we've made great use of to integrate with our other tools.

Cons

We have had to create some manual workarounds to get relevant reportable data out of Ganttic. We've also found that it does have a bit of a blindspot around capacity planning (there is an unassigned task area but it's global across the site, you can't have separate unassigned task areas for different teams). The mobile app is not worth your time.

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us!

We're pleased to hear that you find Ganttic to be an affordable and user-friendly solution for resource booking and production schedule management across numerous projects. It's fantastic to know that our API has been a valuable asset for integrating with your other tools.

We totally understand the importance of reportable data and capacity planning. We're continuously working to improve our platform, and your feedback will help us address these areas. We'll take your input into consideration as we strive to enhance the user experience.

Gouranga

Overall uses

Reviewed on 02/07/2022

It a good software and easy to use

It a good software and easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use. Overall schedule shows clearly

Cons

deletion feature is very bad. Difficult to retrieve what has been deleted hence again re-enter for correction. Report feature specially dashboard should be available

Response from Ganttic

Hi Gouranga! Thank you for the positive review, as well as your feedback. We're happy you find Ganttic to be easy-to-use. Also, we can share a little trick with you on how to restore deleted tasks, resources, and projects. If you're an admin, click on the "G" symbol in the upper left corner, that's a history log of the entire planner. Click on the vertical ellipsis and you can restore what was deleted. Try it out and see if it helps. If you have any other feedback or questions, shoot us an email at [email protected].

Jacob

A well designed tool for all industries despite the size and type.

Reviewed on 17/09/2023

Reliability and dependability at top notch. Very secure and accurate outcome. I am happy.

Pros

I like the the dashboard. It portrays the bigger picture about this software. Very well organized features, easy to locate icons especially the notifications. I find it very flexible for customizing. Since I was in the team that implemented it, I have a full view of how easy the process is. I highly recommend.

Cons

I find Ganttic straight forward and easy to use. No challenging processes. Every features are well built to serve.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jacob!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Ganttic, especially when it comes to implementation process was smooth for your team, and we truly appreciate your recommendation.

Albert
  • Industry: Machinery

Good product but with no integration with other software as ERP and Mobiliy service tool

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

I have a good experience but I need to have int linked/integrated with the other tools that we are using on our company.

Pros

The usability for schedule the technicians tasks

Cons

We should need to have it linked with out ERP and mobility service tool.Toay it is a disconnected tool and probably we will need to replace it for a integrated system with our tools.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Albert! Thank you for your feedback. It is possible to connect Ganttic with any third-party system via API. See documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. If you need assistance with setting up the connection or have any other questions, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected].

Luca
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Perfect tool to schedule your activities

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

The experience of using Ganttic is easy and intuitive. The software has greatly simplified the scheduling process, making it more efficient and precise.

Pros

Ganttic is easy to use, even for non-technical users. The interface is intuitive and offers a wide range of functionality.

Cons

Ganttic is a versatile and easy-to-use project planning software. I have not encountered any problems or negative aspects that would adversely affect my user experience.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for your positive feedback, Luca. It definitely inspires us to move forwards.

Arnaud
  • Industry: Machinery

Very good product, great assistance

Reviewed on 04/10/2023

Very good!

Very good!

Pros

Shared planning online with realtime modification

Cons

Mobile access isn't allowerd by my company (app is bloked)

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for sharing the positive vibes, Arnaud! We don't restrict access to the mobile app for anyone. Please note that using the mobile app requires you to have an account and access first. This means the users should also be first given access before they are able to sign in via the mobile app. Please double-check the status of your users via the web version. Let me know if you need further assistance: [email protected].

Robert
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good but can be improved

Very happy with it.

Very happy with it.

Pros

Resource planning and ease of use. The fact that it is easy to add new resources and users.

Cons

The fact that the Ganttic does not remeber how each user select to show the collapsable resource view.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for sharing the good vibes, Robert!

Stephen
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My Ganttic review

Reviewed on 04/10/2023

I've used several types of resource management software and Ganttic is easy to use and provides a nice visual interface to easily determine staff availability and to communicate key deadlines and project information.

Pros

Management of a lot of short-term tasks across a large team. Easy to view gantt chart, with easy accss to critical project information.

Cons

It is currently separate from our other systems, so in some ways is a duplication of work to keep up with key information in Ganttic as well.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the insightful feedback, Stephen. As for connecting Ganttic and other tools to keep some data in sync, have you explored the API option that allows this? It is already used by a lot of other Ganttic customer who also rely on third-party applications for their resource management. You can see API documentation here: https://gantticapi.github.io/api-documentation. Explore this option and let me know if you need further assistance with setting up the connection: [email protected].

Vaibhav
Vaibhav

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use,...

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use,
MIS,
customisation
customer support
web link could be used from anywhere
ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP

mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Response from Ganttic

Hi Vaibhav!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Tanner

Ganttic is what every resource management software should aspire to be.

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

I have spent the last 5 years looking for software to allow our mid-sized contracting firm to organize our schedule further out than one month. We were using three different products to poorly emulate what Ganttic does. One of them was google calendar and Ganttic has very good calendar sync features which make our transition pretty seamless.

Pros

- It allows the whole company to schedule multiple projects in one place and easily see potential bottlenecks.

- Outstanding customizability.

- Super helpful support team.

- Really well thought out. If the software works a certain way, it's usually because of a very smart reason.

Cons

- Unattractive UI.
- A few weird limitations on the gantt chart. They were very receptive to requests for change on this.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the positive review, Tanner. Regarding the UI, you are welcome to suggest any improvements and ideas that would make Ganttic more intuitive to use.

Hans
  • Industry: Media Production

Simple but efficient

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Hans!

Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic

Hope that helps!

Dan

Using Ganttic for Resource Management

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Ganttic meets the core needs I have around resource management. At times things are a little clunky but far better than managing from a spreadsheet.

Pros

I purchased Ganttic for the easy drag and drop resource management capabilities and it delivers on the basic needs. It replaces what used to be managed via spreadsheet.

Cons

Sometime the dragging of bars to denote a time period for a resource snaps back to different dates than planned and I have to make multiple attempts to drag it to the proper days.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the nice review, Dan!

Jon

Steep learning curve, but once you're familiar with Ganttic, you realize how amazing it is

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

We have had a couple of product demo sessions with [sensitive content] in Customer Support. He is great to work with, responds promptly to our questions, and seems genuinely interested in helping us maximize the extent we use Ganttic in our processes.
One item that might be helpful would be to expand the timeframe(s) for available online meetings/demos. We are on the west coast in the United States and the only available slots are usually at 6 am in the morning or late at night our time.

Pros

We were looking for a program to help plan out our crew's availability and schedule more than just one week out. Ganttic does all this and more. The filters and multiple views are great. Notifications for our subcontractors and billing department are also a plus. The more we implement this, the more processes we discover Ganttic can help us streamline.

Cons

The dependencies and lag times between tasks need some work to be more in line with typical Gannt charts. The drag and drop function to assign tasks to resources is a little tricky in that you can easily change the date of a task by accident if you are not careful.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the review, Jon. It is a pleasure to work with you! As for demo session availability, this will soon be improved as we are already expanding the support team. If you cannot find a suitable time from the online booking calendar then just drop us a line. I am sure we'll find a suitable time for you.

Sylvain

Ganttic - Team Management for Software Development

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

As a Software Development Coordinator, I couldn't do without it. Managing a Team of 27 in a very dynamic software development context, with hundreds of tasks, using a standard Gantt chart isn't quite efficient. Ganttic allows us to manage resources, workload, and availability at a glance thanks to Ganttic. It is so easy to add tasks with multiple dependencies, from Analysis to Dev, testing, and QA. Move things around, plan, use color coding for project Status or Phases. Creating reports on a jiffy, managing holidays, vacations and what else. Probably the only software from many others required in my daily tasks, that I really like using.

Now, an API would make Ganttic a killer app!

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility. Reliability. Cost. Usefulness.

Cons

An API would be great to have.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Sylvain!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to announce that API is in our development plans. I will give you heads up if I have more information about it.

Christine
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Flexible and great views

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

It's a very helpful tool for planning and scheduling and monitoring project status and completion.

Pros

The tool is essential to scheduling of audit projects, so we can see where we have unused or underutilized capacity, or where we have overused capacity. It allows us to plan out our annual schedule.

Cons

Creating new tasks is cumbersome. Too much clicking involved.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for your great review, Christine!

We are glad to hear that you are using Ganttic in full capacity!

Also will keep in mind the comment about the tasks creation while developing Ganttic.

Derek

Ganttic review

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

Pros

Easy to use, numerous color options, and display features

Cons

I would like to see a feature to drag the calendar dates out with the mouse. The arrows are sensitive

Response from Ganttic

Hi Derek! Thanks for the kind review, as well as your feedback. We hope the vast color palette helps unleash more creative planning :) Regarding the calendar date scroll, it can be a bit sensitive with a trackpad, but try it with a mouse and see if that helps. In the meantime, we informed our development team of this and if you want to contact us directly at [email protected], we'll be happy to keep you updated.

Nigel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use tool

Reviewed on 29/09/2023

Great, easy to use, resource tool.

Great, easy to use, resource tool.

Pros

Simple look. Not too complicated that it gets confusing to the user.

Cons

There could be small software improvements. For example if I move one event of a project, it would be great if all project events moved with it. But instead I have to manually move everything.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Ganttic. We're delighted to hear that you find our tool easy to use and appreciate its simplicity.

Your feedback regarding software improvements is valuable to us, and we'll certainly consider your suggestion for future updates. Making it easier for users to manage project events is an important aspect for sure!

Kind regards,
Katrin Kurg

Sergio Roberto Quijadas
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Siemens APC Brazil

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

It's good, meets my needs for scheduling and reports.

It's good, meets my needs for scheduling and reports.

Pros

It is easy to use, transparent and easy to share.

Cons

I use the function "Generate reports in csv format" and when someone puts a comma inside any text it causes a problem in my report.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Sergio!

Thanks for the kind review, as well as your feedback!

Indeed CSV format is very comma sensitive and needs a careful reviewing. If you will need any help regards the planner feel free to approach via mail [email protected].

Thanks!

George
  • Industry: Printing

In favor of Ganttic

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

We under utilize it!

We under utilize it!

Pros

Simple schedules all departments - clean easy view.

Cons

We have not really explored it enough - our issue

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the review, George!

If you and your team wish to explore Ganttic more, don´t hesitate to register a personal demo with us and let's see how your workflows within Ganttic could be improved.

Find a suitable time from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Alia

Great project management tool!

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

Easy to get started with and amazing for tracking asset (either physical assets or employees) to manage allocation. Great for team tracking with events!

Cons

We haven't done much pushing the limits of what's possible on Ganttic and don't have much experience in its overall flexibility or tying in with other tools

Response from Ganttic

Hi Alia!

Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided.

If you want to discover Ganttic more, feel free to schedule a personalized demo of Ganttic from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Would be more than happy to introduce functionalities and possibilities of Ganttic that you might have missed.

Alejandro
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Good resource management tool overall

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Move on from an excel sheet

Move on from an excel sheet

Pros

- Good customer support
- Good for scheduling resources
- Customs reports
- Custom charts
- Unlimited users
- Access profiled users

Cons

- No team communications
- No file attachment feature for resource sheet
- No batch operations
- Some UX bugs

Response from Ganttic

Hi Alejandro!

Thank you for the feedback that you provided and I am glad that Ganttic works for you.

I will try to answer the questions that you had.

1) Like in all SaaS services bugs sometimes occur and we are sorry that this has happened with you. Usually they are fixed within one working day. However, if this problem still persists, feel free to contact us at anytime with this issue.

2) For team communication we feel Ganttic is best utilized when it is shown during team planning meetings. In addition, team collaboration in the Ganttic sense means that everybody can see the planner in their predefined settings - thus, you can be up to date what your team members and department is doing.

3) For file attachmend for a resource we would recommend to create a new resource custom data field that is "Link" type. And with this you can attach all the information you need via link to a resource profile.

ines
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very interesting product taht could be easily upgraded to fulfill more specific needs

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Pros

user friendly and easy to implement
very useful in pandemic context

Cons

to find the right combination of charts or data to use for an architectural firm

Response from Ganttic

Hi Ines!

Thank you so much for the feedback and review you provided. When you have any more questions about Ganttic, feel free to book a demo at anytime.

Irene

Ganttic - 100+Employees

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

I have not vetted out Ganttic for its full capabilities, however with the current package, we do struggle with overall utilization being displayed in reports. We have created a custom field to manually update for weekly meetings. It would be ideal to have the report builder offer this field.

Pros

The views are highly modifiable for ease of management. Love it!

Cons

Views can become very busy, however simple reports do help with presentation. Would like to dashboard capabilities by project, overall utilization, start/end dates, # of team members.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Irene!

Thank you for the review! We'll definitely keep it going! :)

However, could you describe the problem you are having with the reports feature to out support team ([email protected])? Hopefully we can find a fix for you!

Kat

Essential Tool

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

Ganttic is a great product. It is easy to use and due to its visual interface, there is no steep learning curve for users.

It is effortless to integrate with Google platforms and the scheduled reporting means data can be picked up by other tools.

We really like the continuous release method which allows new features to be added quickly.

The support response is superb.

The product is ideal for global teams with updates being seen across the tool in real time.

Pros

Easy to use, visual interface, scheduled reporting.

Cons

The lack of API's mean full integration isn't possible yet.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Kat!

Thank you for your warm feedback. API is in our development plans. Will get back to you when we have more infromation about it.