Ganttic

Resource scheduling and management. Multi-project planning.

4.3/5
3.9/5
4.1/5
4.4/5

138 Software options

Thomas K.

Great tool for project management and resource planning

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Our planning and resource management is made easy with the adoption of Ganttic.

Pros

Great tool for visualized resource planning, project management and tracking of work hours. We are really interested to use this tool as it helped us gain more control over our resources and utilize them wisely. The time tracking UI and planing feature is a great tool for small and medium size companies where employee management is a crucial task.

Cons

The overall functionality set needs more improvement as it have some issues with the time tracking. It needs more QA before rolling into production.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thomas!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are glad that you are seeing so many positive sides in using Ganttic.

Thank you also the cons you brought forth. We agree the issues with time tracking - just in its conceptual sense Ganttic is not exactly meant for direct time tracking purposes. However, many of our clients use this for that and we are all the time improving this functionality.

To continue, thank you also what you borught forth about QA. We are the moment updating this and I did forward your feedback to our Helpdesk.

If you have any more additional questions / remarks, feel free to contact us at anytime.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Very easy to get started and met our needs for continuing

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

We needed a Gantt chart that could also sync with a google calendar. After looking at a bunch of other applications, we settled on Ganttic. It has been very easy to set up multiple projects across our team of resources. Custom fields and custom reports that we can email each morning have been very useful features for us as wel.

Cons

There were some bugs encountered with the user interface. I sent in the feedback, got an immediate response, and the bugs were dealt with by the end of the week.

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you for the feedback!

Like with all SaaS services, bugs occur from time to time. We always appreciate if you can give us feedback about it and usually we are able to make the corrections within one day.

Scott K.

Love Ganttic

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

Jason P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Staff Time Planning Tool

Reviewed on 06/01/2017

We use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.

Pros

Ability to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.

Cons

It's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jason!

Thank you for the feedback.

Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day.

I hope this helps.

Robert S.

Quick and easy - getting things done!

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Reduction of communication noise. Easy way to work on a central version of resource schedule.

Pros

We use Ganttic to schedule resources for number of projects (customer site visits). Its super easy to define the projects and add resources. Tool allows you to quickly get things going. Keeping the resource schedule information and ability to share it with customer brought the management of this area to next level. Lot less email/communicator noise.
Also I am very happy with the customer support - they are very responsive and always willing to help.

Cons

Only two - mobile application is not so easy and flexible and there is no UNDO function. Once you delete something you have to do it again or contact support to get it from backup (it works, tested!).

Response from Ganttic

Hi Robert!

Thank you for the feedback.

Now we have created the UNDO option. I hope this works for you. All the feedback that you can provide is appreciated.

Manuel D.

Ganttic proved to be the better alternative than all these old-school Excelsheets for resource...

Reviewed on 29/01/2018

Visibility about resource situation across teams.

Pros

Easy to set up and very straight forward licensing. It helped to gain multi-user editing and visibility across the different teams.

Cons

Quite hard to learn initially, making it hard for new users without proper introduction. The requirement to drag'n'drop to create a new entry is counter-intuitive, especially as click and right-click do not trigger any action.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Manuel!

Thank you for the feedback.

If you still have some things that confuse your users, we would be more than happy to help you guys from the customer support side.

Feel free to book at anytime a free personalized Ganttic demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Fredrik A.
  • Industry: Maritime

Excellent support when needed

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

Every time that support has been needed it has been given precise and in good time.
The only thing that could be useful is a rollback function, preferable to cancel all that have been done the last login.

Pros

Ease of use, quick overview

Cons

No rollback (that I know of)

Response from Ganttic

Hi Fredrik!

Thank you for the feedback. We have now implemented a new function called "UNDO". Does this solve the challenge you were faced with?

Casey Y.

Good software to streamline the planning process

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

Like the drag and drop planning. I like the highly customizable forms and reports. Software is relatively easy to use and is not too bloated, allowing it to do what it does best, Resource Planning. I I also like the sharing options and allowing multiple users to have access to the software and no hard pay wall to do so.

Cons

There is no UNDO feature. Also do not like that there is no option to remove WEEKENDS from the scheduling. I constantly have projects run into weekends when we are trying plan out resources. Which requires you to manually go into the task and move to the next weekday.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Casey!

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to tell you that now we have the undo function. In addition, you can also remove the weekends from the settings.

Ronald C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use interface, easy to read layout. Was able to get off the ground running with no...

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Able to schedule resources easily and effectively.

Pros

Really like how easy it is to see the calendar layout and change what I'm looking at - weeks to months, etc.

Cons

Setting timing on tasks can get confusing, times get overwritten depending on your order of clicks. For example if want a task to only take up part of a day, I want the task to show over the course of the full day, but the duration of the task may only be 4 hours. To get these settings to 'stick' sometimes takes a couple tries.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Ronald!

Thank you for the feedback. I can imagine that the task settings might take time to get used with in the beginning.

However, what could make it easier is when you define from the settings your default timing preferences. Then you do not need to change them every time.

Bianca W.

I love Ganttic. it has taken our capacity planning to the next level

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

I think it would most prob be the way that we can interlink projects between users and projects. We have multiple users from different departments working on the same projects and now we have an application that can link all of us

Cons

i would like a comment section on the users side next to the contact tab. so i can add addresses of people or personal details other than email and phone number

Response from Ganttic

Hi Bianca!

Thank you for the feedback and I am glad that you love Ganttic :)

Unfortunately we do not have the option that you brought forth. However, if those users are also listed as resources in Ganttic, then you can add the information just via resource custom data fields. Would be happy to show you.

Cameron M.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use and fit for purpose

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

It filled the space previously attempting to be filled by hundreds of excel Gantt charts that could not easily be compared on a large scale.

Pros

The software doesn't require me to give proper training to my users because they seem to find it very user friendly. I also have found the customer service brilliant, Ganttic offer one to one video conferencing to go through any questions or just offer general training.

Cons

It can be a little slow but that is to be expected with an online tool. I also like that it is an online tool as it is easier to get people to use it if they don't have to go through the process of requesting new software and giving a business case.

Jocelyn S.

Good tool for basic resource planning

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Fairly easy to use, but would be nice if there was an un-do button.
Color coding is good. Resource grouping is good.

Pros

Easy for basic resource planning

Cons

No un-do button. Not printer friendly

Response from Ganttic

Ho Jocelyn!

Thank you for the feedback. I am more than happy to tell you that we now have the UNDO function.

About printing. The best way to print out Gantt charts would be to use your browser printing options. Does this work for you?

Irene J.

Ganttic - 100+Employees

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

I have not vetted out Ganttic for its full capabilities, however with the current package, we do struggle with overall utilization being displayed in reports. We have created a custom field to manually update for weekly meetings. It would be ideal to have the report builder offer this field.

Pros

The views are highly modifiable for ease of management. Love it!

Cons

Views can become very busy, however simple reports do help with presentation. Would like to dashboard capabilities by project, overall utilization, start/end dates, # of team members.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Irene!

Thank you for the review! We'll definitely keep it going! :)

However, could you describe the problem you are having with the reports feature to out support team ([email protected])? Hopefully we can find a fix for you!

José ángel L.

Very easy to use on cloud planning system

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

Pros

A lot of options to customize the system. Very fast answer from support. Fast response times on whole application and very good windows system.

Cons

Needs to implement graphic Gantt generation and sort options for custom reports. Those are the only improvement issues that i can see right now.

Response from Ganttic

HI Jose!

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to give you also some feedback on the issues that you raised.

1) For graphic Gantt creation we use at the moment the browser "Print" option where you can also save Gantt chart via pdf. We are also thinking in how to improve this and will get back to you if we have any developments.

2) In reports we have the filtering option. Thus, you can filter out all the information from the reports. However, we are glad to have any feedback from your side in how to make the sort option for reports better.

Noomie W.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Comments from a 2 month user

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

Pros

Easy to get started without a course. Easy to make it suite how we want to use it.

Cons

The different colors should be more in number, to be able to see the schedule in just a glance.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Noomie!

Thank you so much for the feedback that you provided.

I will forward this feedback yo our development team and I will get back to you if I should have any more questions in regards to coloring options.

Karl

Beata B.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easy, useful, practical

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

It is easy to monitor task in progress and plan capacity. Schemes are easily to read and nice to project during meetings.

Cons

It looks different by different users. Projection of "dashboard" differs very often among users. It is inconvenience when user mark something in special colour and it is projected in different when project while presenting.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Beata!

Thank you for the feedback that you provided. I will try to answer your questions:

1) I believe that the project dashboard difference might come from the different view settings that users have. Might this be the case?

2) For the colors, I believe that the problem might be that after you have applied your color scheme, you have not hit the "Save" button. Might this be the problem?

Joaquin A.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Very useful tool for planning people and projects.

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Pros

The ease of use is the best part of the project.

Cons

The cost.

Manuel O.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great tool. Esasy to use.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Better accesibility and reliability of information as opossed to planning using an excel spreadhseet.

Pros

Ganttic is very easy to implement and, likewise, very easy to use too. We have other offices that have used it for a long time and thy are happy with it and referred it to us.

Cons

Mobile application shows limited information (e.g. team membership, resource level), that would be very useful too see.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Manuel!

Thank you for the feedback. We totally agree about the feedback of the mobile app. At the moment we are on the way making our website mobile responsible. We will give you heads up when we have deelopments in this direction.

Bostjan K.

We have better overview of who's doing what

Reviewed on 19/12/2016

Since we grew in size pretty quickly, suddenly we faced a problem that we were not 100% sure of who's doing what. Since we are a team full of developers, we quickly found an app that helped us out and is working great.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Bostjan!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. Feel free to contact us at anytime if you have further questions.

Luke V.

Ganttic review

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

Nice overviews, very helpful planning tool. Helps me identify who's doing what the following week and who's working on which project.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Luke!

Thank you so much for your feedback. Feel free to contact us if you have some further questions.

Måns B.
  • Industry: Animation

Ganntic170112

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

Some key features are still missing, like copying and pasting. Overall good software that I like to use.

Pros

Cons

Missing some key features

Response from Ganttic

Hi Mans!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We appreciate it.

Could you explain a bit further what do you mean in copying and pasting? Maybe the feature you are working already exists.

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Ganttic Review

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

saving time with live updates to the technician workloads and not requiring to send them schedules and amended schedules

Pros

changing required details for large job scales and rescheduling small jobs between technicians

Cons

restricted options in views to see technicians workloads together

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jeremy!

Thank you for your feedback.

To be honest, I believe that we have the functionality you are looking for:
A) For seeing technicians workload together, we would advice to group your technicians with the help of resource custom data fields: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/resources-custom-data-fields
B) Maybe you do not have the permissions to see that information?

Either way, if something remained confusing, feel free to write us at anytime from [email protected] or book a free demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Gillian W.

Excellent functionality, but many bugs and no integration

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

I can't find any other software like it - it provides a truly unique functionality. Although we will only use it in the short term for main project planning because of the lack of integration, this will become a go-to for me for side initiatives and personal projects.

Pros

I love the flexibility in how I can view the data, and that it all fits in my screen so I can see the whole picture at once. Extremely helpful for planning and team coordination.

Cons

Since this doesn't integrate with Jira, I have to duplicate all work that I do. That is just not sustainable as we scale.

There are also quite a few bugs that make it very hard to use until you get used to a bunch of workarounds, and it slows down usage so that it takes me longer to make adjustments than it should - although I've noticed several bugs were fixed recently.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the feedback! There's no direct connection with Jira but since our user-base requires integration with various third-party tools we instead offer the API (application programming interface) that allows to build user-defined custom connections with any third-party software: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/api. Due to technical complexity, some bugs can be patched more quickly than others but all of them will be eventually addressed and the reporter will be notified accordingly. Until the bugs are patched, possible workarounds are offered to assure the end-user is still able to use Ganttic in the meanwhile.

Vaibhav M.

Ganttic has given me in terms of resource planning software what I needed - ease of use,...

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

resource and staff utilisation is moving, given more visibility to who is doing what and how can we best utilise staff. Gives me MIS easily.

Pros

ease of use,
MIS,
customisation
customer support
web link could be used from anywhere
ability to generate different views

Cons

ability to link to ERP

mobile app is not that great and needs to be worked so that user can use it from anywhere

Response from Ganttic

Hi Vaibhav!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We also have an Ganttic app that can be downloaded via Google Play or Apple store. Just to give you heads up about our developments, then we are at the moment working on making our web-site mobile responsible. Thus, I hope that the problems that you brought forth will be solved in the near future.

Nick S.

Works very well with our senior management team to plan our workflow for our team

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Pros

Easy to share amongst the team. Easy to learn in the first place and update. Good to see our team's workload by team, person or by project. The price point makes it a very attractive option. Only tries to do one thing well.

Cons

It is a little clunky - not as slick looking as some other options. Big jump in price between the cheapest options and the more expensive ones

Response from Ganttic

Hi Nick!

Thank you for the feedback that you provided.

Oe option to make the price step smaller would also be to use the option to archive the resources. Thus, you do not need to hold active all the resources that you do not use all the time.