Time Doctor

527 Reviews for UK Users

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Time Doctor Employer Payroll and Productivity Tool

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

I have been using Time Doctor for 3 years now and it never fail us to give productivity report, payroll log report and the customer service solutions.

Pros

Time Doctor has a very user-friendly interface, easy to use, and monitor. What I like most about this app is the screenshots are taken every minute of your set time and the reports it generates that I use on our payroll. The customer service is also admirable to the team since they answer within a couple of hours and assist our employees on the concerns and matters.

Cons

That thing that it can not generate night differential hours taken by the employees.

Phat

Great and simple software for tracking employees' time

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

Simplicity, nothing simpler than finding your task then press it to start your tracking session.

Cons

Sometimes the syncing of time can be incorrect when switching between multiple computers, which can cause loss of working time.

Sabrina
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Not a way to improve productivity.

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Not a great experience. People are not robots that have to be infront of the computer 8 hours a day and constantly typing or moving the coursor. The webcam shot feature is beyond a invation of privacy, mostly for people who work from home. It is a micromanagement app that is completly unnecessary.

Pros

The app is pretty easy to use.. You load tasks and start them by clicking on PLAY. It has lots of features including webcam shots, screenshots, time tracker and pop up that asks whether you've been working when there's no activity on the user's side. They have a computer and mobile app.
Really good feature is that as a company you can set it up to blur screenshots taken so no information is leaked.

Cons

It does not help employees to be productive. The sign that pops up when there's no mouse or keyboard activity shows even when you're watching a video, on a webinar or even making a presentation in which is mostly talking and it is not only super unprofessional but also, if you fail to click on the "Yes (I am working)" the time worked will turn orange and labeled as "Manually added time".

Nazmul
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It's a good tracker for businesses

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

It's good

It's good

Pros

It provides an all-inclusive experience when tracking progress.

Cons

It could cost a little less. The price right now is higher than other similar oroducy.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Time Tracker

Reasons for Choosing Time Doctor

Company decision, cheaper offer

Hubstaff

Reasons for Switching to Time Doctor

Easy integration and good feature to price ratio. Overall offers good value for Money
Alain Jove
Alain Jove
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Productivity tracked with ease

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Overall, this is very handy and it does what it is supposed to do - which is tracking productivity in this work from home setup.

Pros

Due to COVID, we were forced to work from home and monitoring our work activity is conveniently done with this app. Although it kind of looks old school in its interface, I don't mind because it is lightweight, it is efficient in tracking browser and screen activity when it's active with you not even noticing your screen already captured, doesn't create lag time and transparent with its screen captures as you can easily log in to your account with the email associated to the time doctor account and see the screenshots captured whether you are a basic or an admin user. The last part is very important as privacy should be a priority specially nowadays when hacking has become rampant.

Cons

The reason why I rated it only eight for recommending it to others is because you'd have to make changes to the settings as the default is launching on startup. And I don't want it snooping around and doing screenshots if it's off work hours, and people tend to forget about this and some might not even be aware about this part of the settings. I also still see it on the system tray even after logging out so I'd have to manually close it every time, which can be a bit annoying. Although it stops screen captures when you're pausing it which is great.

Daniel
Daniel

I recommend it to everyone I know...

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Amazing. I couldn't imagine running my business without it.

Amazing. I couldn't imagine running my business without it.

Pros

I love the ease of use in getting this software working, and it does that straight out of the box. Very little setup is required and after 2 and a half years using it, neither myself or employees have ever had any issues with it. It makes Payroll a breeze, and I love how in depth the reporting is which makes working with clients so much easier being able to show them time reports and logs. I highly recommend this to anyone I know in the online industry and will continue to do so for a long time!

Cons

It would be great for the manual time if we could limit the amount that is allowed to be added.

Samantha
Samantha
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Very great tool for monitoring remote employees

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Time Doctor has saved us tons of time and money as we are sure that workers are doing what they should be doing during hours logged in.

Pros

The best part of Time Doctor that differentiates it from the rest of similar apps is that it takes random screenshots throughout the duration of a user that is logged in. This allows us to view their activities and making sure that our workers are productive and time billed is spent wisely and efficiently.

Cons

The cost would be a factor, but they do have volume discounts so that's not really a deal breaker for us.

Muhammad Bilal
Muhammad Bilal

Doctor of Time Track

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

I find overall experience good. Handling and editing to time if needed. You can review your time served as per software. You get a daily summary of your work. You can use timedoctor any where you want you just need to open your mobile app.

Pros

The most likely thing is that it is available for all machines computer, mobile. You can edit time and you can review all the time served per product.

Cons

It starts to show stop dialogue when we are reading article and do not click or use keyword during reading.

Katherine
Katherine

Good experience with this software, it has helped us to measure the remote work

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Pros

In general, this software allows companies to visualize the work of employees who work from home, it allows you to measure the time they perform with each task and optimize the work, it has taken us out of many difficulties, very good

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult for us to access the software a bit, the load capacity is very slow and it is difficult for us, the rest is very good

Response from Time Doctor

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for letting us know how we have helped your productivity and efficiency mostly when one works from home.

For the issue you are facing, please do report this to [email protected]

Paolo Ray
Paolo Ray
  • Industry: Furniture

Best time tracking application with screenshots!

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Pros

I love that it eats fewer computer resources and that it updates on the dashboard real time. I also like the fact that it doesn't remind you every time you are idle which makes other software annoying.

Cons

during the older version, the software was very buggy but with the recent updates to version 19, everything is going well!

Automate your time sheets to save time!

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don't have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it's really helped my organization as well.

Pros

Time Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. I am a one-person design company and I need to track the time I spend on many different projects all at once. My previous solution was to write down the time on sticky notes or note pads, but there was always the chance that I might misplace it or lose it. Nor could I generate my invoices from my home office if I'd left the billing hours info at my office. So this was a great all in one solution. Now I can choose the task I'm working on and don't have to worry about writing things down. If for any reason I forget what I was doing for a client and didn't make my task name specific enough, I can go back and take a quick look through the automatic screenshots. I also love that I can see how much time I spend on email and other admin tasks vs the actual design work. Love the reports that Time Doctor gives me as well.

Cons

Not much that I don't like about this software. But suggestions for improvement?

One thing I would love to see is integration with my cell phone. Time Doctor already has an app, but I want it to automatically capture the time I spend on my phone with clients. For now I have to manually enter in this time and must note when the call started and when it ended.

Integration into Wave apps where I generate my invoices. I'd like to be able to select a project from Time Doctor in my invoice and have it automatically populate the time I spent on it and the dates I worked on the project rather than manually finding and entering this information.

Marek

Time Doctor Review

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Overall, my experience with Time Doctor was positive. It provided me with valuable insights into my work habits and helped me become more disciplined and productive. The ability to generate detailed reports and analyze my time allocation allowed me to make informed decisions about optimizing my workflow. Despite some minor issues, Time Doctor proved to be a reliable tool for time management and boosting my productivity.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Time Doctor was its comprehensive time tracking features. It allowed me to effortlessly monitor how I spent my time, track my productivity, and identify areas for improvement. The ability to categorize tasks, set project goals, and receive reminders helped me stay focused and efficiently manage my workload.

Cons

One aspect I liked least about Time Doctor was the occasional glitch or delay in tracking time accurately. While it generally worked well, there were instances where it failed to capture time accurately or experienced synchronization issues with certain apps or platforms. These minor inconsistencies could sometimes affect the overall accuracy of my time tracking.

John

Effective remote management

Reviewed on 07/05/2023

Time Doctor has helped me understand my own work strengths and weaknesses by showing me how much time I put into each task, project and campaign. Excellent for time management at the user level, as well as the manager level. We have also solved our time capture for remote employees which has created more efficiencies in payroll and better pay period ending cycles.

Pros

The insights into staff performance, being able to pin time to specific projects or work types as well as the efficiency brought to time management and the payroll process is worth of high praise.

Cons

The biggest opportunity is that Time Doctor sometimes seems to be a resource hog and can be slow to load and prone to occasional crashes which means lost time capture. If the employee or manager does not catch this, may result in underpay. The user dashboard is nice but takes you out of your work environment; something more integrated into the workflow tools like a retractable side-panel drawer instead of a web URL you have to visit would be better.

Ishmam

This tool is excellent for effectively tracking work time.

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

My experience with Time Doctor has been outstanding. The software's ability to generate visual evidence of time allocations is particularly valuable for employers who compensate their team members based on projects or hourly rates, which aligns perfectly with my needs.

Pros

This software is incredibly user-friendly and simple to set up, while also offering exceptional accuracy in tracking. It surpasses any other option I have come across in the market. With its support for multiple platforms, I can conveniently track my work from anywhere and at any time. Moreover, it provides valuable insights into work patterns, offering a deeper understanding of my productivity.

Cons

Personally, I have not encountered any issues with this software. However, a few of my employees and contractors have expressed their concerns about it being perceived as a micromanagement tool. Fortunately, this is not a concern that I share: xD

Lucy
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Many useful features but support for a solo user is minimal and getting worse

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

The customer service has been quite good, though most of the time the answers to my questions have been that the feature I need is not available, not customizable, and will not be added to future releases.

Pros

I found the software easy to install and use. The reporting feature is not as flexible as it needs to be, but the product is a big help in helping me track my time usage.

Cons

I bet that many users are capable of managing a report customization system, but no such option is available. I end up editing the reports extensively, and that rather defeats the purpose of using the product. I am the only person in my office who uses this product, so I am not managing anyone. There are features that are incredibly annoying because they do not apply to me, yet I still need to deal with them. For example, the latest update requires entering a reason for adding time manually. I know the reasons, and find the extra mouse and keyboard clicks incredibly annoying.

Emmanuella
Emmanuella

Time Doctor Review

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Pros

I found the Time Doctor app to be a great asset due to its easy-to-use time tracking capabilities and comprehensive features. With it, I can accurately monitor my work hours and those of my team, set up tasks and projects, and check our progress in real time. It also has a reminder system to help ensure that tasks are completed on schedule, as well as detailed reports to help analyze our performance and find areas for improvement.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike in time doctor as of now

Gladies
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Review on Time Doctor

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Time Doctor is our trusted time tracking software. I think the management will not make any changes as to how our time logged should be accounted for. We are very reliant on TD, the HR head bases all our activities on TD so it is kind of a part of our family.

Pros

It helps me validate my hours logged to the company I am working for. The software is very customizable depending on the need of the management; it gives a nudge when you are already dozing off while it's running and the option to go back to working or to take a break is very straightforward.

Cons

There's this notification that I should log off TD to do a software update I guess which annoys me especially when I am engrossed working and my time needs to be tracked. But there is an option to run the update while the the tracker is running so it's doable and manageable for me.

Stephanie

Best tool for tracking remote employees. We use it to track work hrs for our team in the...

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Pros

Accurate time tracking for tasks and projects
screen shots and app usage is one of my favorite features since it gives you a detailed info on where we spend the most time on our projects
fare pricing and bulk discounts :)
We integrate Time Doctor with asana for seamless task tracking
Love the ability to change time spend on tasks manually in case there is need for it
we get a weekly email with information on how our account is being use
We can also manage and track time with the IOS app

Cons

The desktop app looks a little old school on PC but is works fine.
wish they had a better way to create tasks and mark tasks as completed when these are created inside time doctor, instead of having to delete them once they are done

Response from Time Doctor

Hi Stephanie,

You can actually tick them complete with our most recent app which it Time Doctor version 0.19.9 You can download this new application from our download page at www.timedoctor.com/download.html

It should be this here: http://prntscr.com/jll3vk

Rubel

Very Useful!

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

So far, I am happy with the services that Time Doctor offers. If you could work on the web and app ratings per projects, that would be wonderful! ;)

Pros

I like the fact that we are able to measure our team's productivity especially that we're currently working remotely due to the pandemic. I have to admit that handling 30-40 staff members is a bit challenging in terms of measuring productivity but with Time Doctor, I don't have to worry about keeping an eye on my team from time to time. Very easy, just pull up the report and there you can see who has worked efficiently and not. I like it!

Cons

I know we have already raised this to Time Doctor but it would be great if there's a way for us to set ratings per project. I'm handling 10-12 projects at the moment and it's very challenging for me to still check regularly their web and app usage just to ensure that I am sending accurate reports to each clients. That's all

Konstantin

No Updates and a Lot of Bugs

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

We have been working with TimeDoctor for 3 years, 40 employees use it. A large number of bugs that do not fix for years. The application is buggy - for the last year there have never been any updates. The site's admin area leaves much to be desired - a bunch of reports, but you can not use them. At us almost 600 projects - selectors on a site simply do not open. The API is very complex with a bunch of pitfalls. The new version of the application has not been updated for a year and a half and to the old version it is still far from functional.

With pleasure would have switched to another service, but unfortunately for the functionality TimeDoctor suits, but for bugs and support - leaves much to be desired.

Pros

Good Service, but owners earn money and forget about there users....

Cons

A lot of bugs that lasts for years... No Updates for the Desktop App, and iOS also. No new features for a long time...

Sarah
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Timeless

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

I love this program, This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

Pros

Cons

It can be confusing to work sometimes. You really just have to dig into it and learn the program. Besides that it is not too bad

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Real time monitoring and tracking

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Superb and very effective. It has been a great tool to optimize the productivity.

Pros

It is a very powerful tool which helps in order to track and monitor the tasks of the workers. It captures the different tasks performed all the day and the kind of tabs opened by the workers. This is also used by the remote workers who are providing virtual assistance on the hourly basis and get paid as per the report generated at the end of the day. One can also track the idle time of a person and shows the amount of time spent on a specific tasks.

Cons

Everything is great and sometimes it troubles using the application on the smartphone. Rest I dont see any kind of trouble with the user interface of TD

Julie Ann

My Personal Experience with Time Doctor

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Pros

For me what I love most about this app is its ability to take screenshots of what we're doing. I have tried other attendance tracking software and none of them was able to do that. Also, it is very easy to use. You can use it immediately off the rack or you can customize it by adding or connecting it to a separate payroll. As an HR, I am happy using Time Doctor since I started my journey in freelancing because I can put my client at ease in using Time Doctor I can show them that I am honest with the hourly rate that I am charging them.

Cons

I can't find any cons since using time doctor.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Was brilliant until recent changes/improvements..

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Up until recently I would have said 'brilliant, what a difference in my life'. Right now I'm looking at other options while I wait for the support team to send emails back and forth..

Pros

I have loved using timedoctor and referred many people to it. It has been amazing in helping me keep a track of time spent on different projects with numerous clients. It was also easy to go back and amend time if I had forgotten to change the activity when starting a call etc. Easy to use on the iPhone app while on the road.

Cons

Help desk and all interactions used to be via chat. That seems to have stopped - sadly!
Recent changes have introduced a number of bugs that have made this month intolerable. I am really frustrated that a tool I had come to rely on so heavily and which has been a crucial part of my business management and billing process is failing.

Favio

Great time tracking tool

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Pros

User-friendly interface and Great product, Easy to use and continuously improving, the dashboard lets you check all the information you need in a glance.

Cons

Tech Support takes it's time to respond, but, they do the job, eventually.