Time Tracker Reviews

Time Tracker

4.4 (2,994)
Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

(2,994)
4.2/5

2994 Reviews for UK Users

Sujit Kumar
Sujit Kumar

Nice tool for creating a good working culture

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

It has been very easy to use since now. I do like the softwares which improve the productivity of the team and our brand. Keep adding new features.

Pros

I have been working with the team for the ongoing projects. Keeping track of each every activity was going tougher. The day since I started using time tracker, Tracking was very easy and workflow become smooth.
Highly recommended.

Cons

I don't count any cons but I do have some suggestions to grow the users.
They should charge lesser and they needs to work more on billing and invoicing.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Not productive at all.

Google Forms
Mohammad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Time Tracker is the HR solution for time-keeping for your staff members.

Reviewed on 04/03/2023

A good idea and what it gives is great. Used it and will still use it. Cost vs what it does is really wonderful.

Pros

It does not only apply to your employees only yet it applies to other jobs like doctors and lawyers. This is a great benefit one can use.

Cons

You cannot tailor reports in this application which could be an advantage for future updates.

My Hours and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

They give you a free period to try it at the beginning which is really good. This way you have the advantage not to lose money.

Paymo

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

This one allowed us a free time to test before we can decide to pay like other applications and this is considered a great advantage.

The bare minimum in time tracking. Irritating UX, dated pile of Windows 98, not beyond saving.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I was able to track my time and tell my boss what I did. (That's about it, it made little to no difference in my ability to communicate value in my organization).

Pros

It does what my management team needs it to do. I suppose the integration between their billing set up is satisfactory. They probably feel like changing this system would be such an overhaul that they're willing to stick with this system. That said I guess eBillity accomplishes what the business owner wants.

Cons

This tool does not have enough demonstrated empathy for the actual end user. It certainly accomplishes enough for the controller / billing / CEO. However this tool actually makes it harder to communicate my value to the boss, and I'm not complaining about having to use timers. I've worked in a freelance/client service environment long enough to know that every minute of efficiency matters. What I'm talking about is eBillity's specific UI and interaction design. Furthermore, for mid-tier managers, I've heard that they're also irritated by the system's lack of accommodation. I've heard my managers say that it's very difficult to scale in an org with many clients and even more service offerings. They've said that being able to even parse logs out (who worked on what, for how long, and how) is a headache. Managers would like to manage how employees log their time and this tool does not help them do that. It's an input output box. There are few controls or features that make the life of a manager any easier. Thankfully we deliver enough value to our clients that they don't make us jump through hoops to demonstrate a granular level of time reporting. I would suggest eBillity take a serious look at competitors from a UX and design standpoint. This vertical, as you may now, is maturing and design is ever more important to a successful product.

Jyoti
Jyoti

Come by extra perception into our team's overall performance

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Before it turned into hard for me to mirror all of the time I labored in making plans and collecting data for a project, with time tracker I can remember it and display it

Pros

I honestly like all of the alternatives it has and the manner this time tracker organizes all of our data and information, it lets in me to visualise my work and be capable of arrange it in better way. I can mirror all of the hours labored and on this manner I could make invoices extra actual to my clients. By seeing all of the time of all of the responsibilities I can pick out wherein I waste time and wherein I need to be extra productive. My every day work improves and tasks run quicker than earlier than through delegating small non-critical responsibilities to different workers. It could be very beneficial to providing awareness on what's important for the further task

Cons

Hardly ever the software program will time out and I will need to recalculate time spent on unique tasks. It additionally can be hard to apply on smartphone screens, and therefore researchers out within side the area needed to create a paper model in their work time. Otherwise it provides valuable survice.

Arielle

Owl Bookkeeping Time Tracker Review

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Overall we have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It offers everything we need to run our business smoothly and keep our team and clients happy. It has been an integral part of our process as far as time tracking and invoicing.

Pros

We love this software because it helps is really capture time spent on a client. We used to struggle with people rounding their time up which was not an accurate representation of time spent on that client. Clients would get upset, understandably, and now we have been able to bill them the correct time spent on their account.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this software is that sometimes even though something is set to be non-billable, the billable box will still be checked off. Other than that, it has been a wonderful software for my company.

John

The right fit for our team and business

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Our previous Time tracking system was home-grown and slow for rapid entry of tracked time entries. The Outlook integration features have cut the time entry activity by at least 75%. Users keep up with their time throughout the day, so near-realtime insight into the activity of the team is readily available. Previously they would wait until the end of the day or end of the week to enter time, so progress was difficult to monitor. Support has been responsive and helpful, so most any issue we encountered is solved or logged for future enhancement

Pros

We work on multiple client projects through the day. Most consultants track their time in their Outlook calendar and transfer those times to our former system on a daily or weekly basis. Time Tracking in Outlook, assigning that time to clients and projects in one action and synching with the online portal has made an extremely tedious, non-value-added activity a simple and non-intrusive task in our consultants' work days and has already paid back the cost in added productivity.

Cons

Reporting functionality is limited and somewhat archaic and doesn't match our measurement and tracking methods. Exports of the Time Tracker data through the API has allowed us to measure our consultants and business in the way that we choose to. I would prefer a method to customize the fiscal calendar/fiscal periods for reporting, but again, we have handled this through export of the data and imposing our fiscal calendar on the data for meaningful reporting.

TimeCamp and BigTime

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Cost, features, ease of implementation, Outlook Integration, API for data retrieval.
Garth
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software for timesheets/getting time entries to accounting software

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Great, our company entered time manually on paper time sheets for over a decade and this has allowed us to save time, money, and allow our managers/owners to cut back on people entering in more time than they should and actually understanding how much time is going to what jobs.

Pros

The ability to segment users and managers is essential to our company's structure. Being the administrator and having the ability to go in and fix any user's time sheet is also great.

Cons

The mobile app needs improvement, specifically when entering in time. Don't put the billable toggle down at the bottom because when a user is entering non-billable work they should have no customer. Therefore if the user is going to enter non billable time they will always get a confusing error message unless they go to the last item on the mobile app to toggle off billable first. Also it would be great if there was a feature that forced the app to sync with the database automatically.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Price and the fact that it had features that Tsheets didn't.

Has helped us manage tracking our employees

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Very happy with my service

Very happy with my service

Pros

Has helped us manage tracking our employees time very seamlessly this past few months. It is a good tool that can auto track and manually input time so it's easiest for contractors and employees to have an accurate time table

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive and do calculations a bit more seamlessly with less data

Response from eBillity

Hello, thank you so much for sharing how eBillity helped you manage your employee's time. Please feel free to reach out to https://support.ebillity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Blesslove
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Time is money

Reviewed on 30/04/2023

They have to do something about the data base

They have to do something about the data base

Pros

Very helpful in life just make you know your time

Cons

It very easy to use and also quick reminder

Brett
Brett
  • Industry: Design

TimeTracker by eBility review

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Elizabeth

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

JENNIFER
  • Industry: Accounting

Works great!

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

It has helped us to keep track of our employees and where they spend their time, keeping records of job-sites w/uploads like photos, billing for services and notes on properties.

Pros

Cons

It can offer more, like client support, but they are very good because they listen and get things done, like a Spanish version!

Jeff

Time Tracker and use with Quickbooks accounting integration

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Very good and steady. Not a lot of problems over the years. It just works which is good. Convenient to setting up users with 'allowed' billing client accounts by using user permissions. It would cause us a major disruption if it were to have issues, or a break in usage, as we have become reliant on its good features and straightforward use.

Pros

Time Tracker is setup to be very convenient for Quickbooks users. It tracks employee time on a weekly basis for us, and has the Customers, Projects, and client class categories already loaded so the employees can put their time to each client. Then it integrates back, so that once a month or so, I as the administrator can update my Quickbooks through the web connection to get all employee time loaded back into Quickbooks. Very Very convenient, and has been rock solid over many years and even Quickbooks updates/new versions.

Cons

A little tricky to setup initially, needed help from the support group. 2 things - one, it was initially connected by a different means (more manual), but then shifted to the Quickbooks Web Connect means, and that has been good. The user for the Admin also had to be different (at least initially) that users entering time, and that created some angst. So when I set it up, my login was NOT my company email. Then its a little hard to reset that - and I don't really want to at this point. So it remains a little odd that it is using my personal email as the account owner/admin :)

Arthur
  • Industry: Law Practice

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

Pros

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

Cons

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well.
Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

Response from eBillity

Hello Arthur.

Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Reliable, easy-to-use

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

It's easy to use; I just start the timer when I arrive at work, figure out what I'm working on, and go to work. When I switch tasks, I either start a new timer or make a note at where the timer is at. Then at the end of the day, I take a moment to review what I worked on and how much time was spent on each job. And at the end of each week or pay period, it's super easy to just submit the time to our controller and she pulls it into her payroll interface. Also, I really like the feature of copying tasks and times from the previous week into the current week. It saves some time in listing the multiple jobs that I work on from week to week.

Cons

Occasionally, the software will "time-out" and I'll lose what tasks/time I had entered for the day up to that point in time. It's not a big deal to re-enter my time if I've only been working on 1 or 2 jobs. If I've been jumping around to multiple jobs, I just have to guestimate how much time I spent on each job and fill it in. This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but it only happens occasionally.
Also, I wonder if there's a phone app that could be used in conjunction with the computer desktop application. If I'm on a site visit or traveling for business and not at my desk in the office, it'd be nice to be able to track my time on my phone app.

Angelica
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Time Tracker: The Ultimate Tool for Effective Time Management

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

uring my internship in the pharmaceutical product development and research department at the University, I utilized Time Tracker to monitor and track my work hours and tasks. The software allowed me to accurately record the time spent on different activities, aiding in project management and facilitating accurate reporting. Its intuitive interface and easy navigation simplified the process of tracking and managing my time. I found the detailed reports and analytics particularly useful for analyzing my productivity and identifying areas for improvement. Overall, Time Tracker played a vital role in enhancing my time management skills and optimizing my workflow during the internship.

Pros

Time Tracker offers several advantages for time management. Its user-friendly interface allows for easy time tracking, task management, and reporting. The ability to categorize tasks, set timers, and create project hierarchies provides a clear overview of your activities. The detailed reports and analytics help identify time usage patterns and optimize productivity. Integration with popular calendar applications ensures synchronization and efficient scheduling. Furthermore, the option to generate customizable invoices based on tracked time simplifies billing processes for freelancers and consultants. Time Tracker is a valuable tool for individuals and teams aiming to improve time management and overall efficiency.

Cons

Despite its benefits, Time Tracker has a few limitations. The interface may feel overwhelming for some users due to the abundance of features and options available. While the software provides robust time tracking capabilities, it may lack certain advanced project management features that larger teams or complex projects require. Additionally, the reporting and analytics capabilities might not be as extensive as those offered by specialized project management tools. Customization options may also be limited, restricting the ability to tailor the software to specific workflows and preferences.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

I am Tracking you

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Overall, it can be a useful tool for businesses and individuals looking to better manage their time, increase productivity, and improve project management. Also can provide accurate and detailed records of employee work hours, streamline invoicing processes, increase accountability, and offer mobile and remote access. However, implementing time tracker software can take time and effort, and the cost of using the software can vary widely depending on the features and functionality included. Additionally, some employees may be resistant to using time tracker software, and there is a risk of technical issues or data breaches. Ultimately, it's important to carefully consider the potential benefits and drawbacks of time tracker software before deciding whether or not to use it for your business or organization.

Pros

Improved time management, accurate time tracking, streamlined invoicing, increased accountability, remote and mobile access and integration with other business software

Cons

Implementation time, cost (advanced features) , resistance from employees, technical issues, reliance on technology

Giancarlo
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Effective product to easily track customer time

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

Overall, it is a good product and I would recommend it.

Overall, it is a good product and I would recommend it.

Pros

Ease of using mobile app to track time. Ease of adding new customers and employees. Also the customer support is excellent. It is great to be able to get a live person to speak to.

Cons

I would like the app to react more quickly. I would like to be able to have the ability to run additional monthly reports automatically (time per customer and provided as separate PDFs that I can provide to my customers with their invoice). I now have to do this manually.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

I can't remember why we choose it.
Kris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Time Tracker a good product for a small company

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

Not using paper time sheets and having to manually input that information into Quick Books is an enormous time saver and ensures greater accuracy.

Pros

it replaced very cumbersome paper time sheets with a product that connects to our accounting system and allows us to easily create payroll and invoices within that accounting system. The customer service is responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

One feature that seems to have broken in the last year is the connection to Quick Books. It now has to be manually enabled every time we need to connect them. We don't know if this is an issue with Time Tracker or Quick Books, but given our terrible issues with QBs for over a year now, we suspect it might be on their end. Also, the new template does not allow for good PDF printing - I have to change it to "classic" to save the time sheets as PDFs for our files.

Nathan

Simple & Straighforward

Reviewed on 03/12/2018

Overall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.

Cons

I took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

Response from eBillity

Hello Nathan.

Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again!

Trian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Time tracker for everyone

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Pros

Has assisted us with overseeing following our representatives time consistently this beyond couple of months. A decent device could auto at any point track and physically input time so it's most straightforward for workers for hire and representatives to make some exact memories table. I love the way that everything is refreshed on the web, continuously. Very easy to use, and numerous choices to assist with setting it up the manner in which you would like for your business needs.

Cons

I figure the connection point overall might have been more current, essentially when we utilized it. We wound up changing to another apparatus ultimately. Adds something else to your day to day things to check, yet toward the end it's useful. I believe having this tools is great.

Michele
  • Industry: Medical Devices

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

Response from eBillity

Hi Michele!
Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.
Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker

Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!
-Alex from eBillity

Zuzana
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Has the right features but it's expensive and app is glitchy

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

For some of your customers a sales person is not needed. It was nice to get someone contacting me but some applications are more simple. I just need my employes to clock in and clock out, to approve the timesheet and import to Quicbooks. In my opinion $60/month for 4 employees for these features is too much.

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks is the main reason I use the software. The mobile app for my employees to track time.

Cons

I have used previous early versions of this software for years and came back to it when I needed it. But, for what I need there are a lot of unused features that are challenging to opt out of but regardless I pay for. There should be less expensive version without the extra features that I don't need in my current application, reimbursing, invoicing, customer selection, etc. (These are needed when tracking lawyer time, but not in my manufacturing setup). Setup would be easier to navigate and perhaps the app would be less robust and glitchy. I frequently deal with employees having issues with the app. Freezing up, needing re-install or amending incorrect entries because of the glitches. This costs me my time and their time. This is the reason that I am looking for an alternate solution, and when it presents itself I will likely switch.

Andy

Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Time Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.

Pros

The ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.

Barbara
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great special purpose program

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Time Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.

Pros

As a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere

Cons

Quickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.