HubSpot Sales Hub Reviews

HubSpot Sales Hub

Freemium email productivity & tracking for sales teams

4.2/5

453 Reviews for UK Users

Juan
Juan

The go-to-CRM for startups growing from small to medium fast

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Hubspot is a robust CRM that can take SMB sales operations a long way.
Keeps things simple and...

Hubspot is a robust CRM that can take SMB sales operations a long way.
Keeps things simple and easy to use. For advance sales analytics and marketing automation you may have to look for additional tools.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to use, and it is effortless to customize. Hubspot sales and marketing modules complement effectively with each other. Workflows features allow to automate marketing efforts, allowing to scale operations smoothly.
It integrates smoothly with Gmail suite products, and mainstream business tools.

Cons

It does not count with advance lead scoring tools. Lead interaction tracking is limited. Workflow automation faces the same problem. As you start sophisticating your sales and marketing operations Hubspots tools may start falling short.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Sales Hub

Nimble was not easy to use and suffer from limited functionalities. Hubspot was a mainstream, well-known reliable and proven CRM.

Nimble

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

Hubspot was well known and cheaper
Bart
Bart
  • Industry: Market Research

Wish we had started using Hubspot earlier

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

I wish I had moved from our previous tool (Streak) before. Hubspot is intuitive, just works and it generates good results.

Pros

1) Grows with you
Although it offers a gazillion features and possibilities, just like Facebook, it just grows with you and how you use it. I tend to discover some additional possibilities along the way, even after +6 months of using it, but it always gets better for my use cases.

2) Easy sequences & follow-up
The sequences in Hubspot just work. Once set up - which is easy - I can add users one by one, tailor the message a bit and send out. Every mail sent is a mail I otherwise would have not gotten the time for to send it and just gives back results. It's more a sequence praise than Hubspot per se, but Hubspot's approach just works for me.

3) All-in-one
The fact that the landing pages can be created very easily, that you can send marketing emails, have chat on your website etc is a major plus.

4) Community
The fact they are big makes for a slew of Fiverr guys ready to help me out when in need.

Cons

1) Only community
Although I consider the fact they have a large community as a plus, the fact that you sometimes have to rely on the community to upvote features makes that my 'personal' impact on the roadmap is low. Even with a lot of upvotes there is no guarantee that Hubspot will alter the product.

2) Constant changes in pricing & feature lists
I have recommended others to use Hubspot for their features in a specific pack I use. However, pricing & features change so I sometimes mistakenly try to get people on board whilst pricing has gone up or features are missing for the acceptable pricing.

3) The neverending upsell
It makes sense that with more needs, more tools can be of assitance. But in Hubspot's case, there is a lot where we can still grow and where they can still charge me more. An acceptable all-in-one pricing would be welcome, because for now I do not use some features because of the big pricing gap.

Customer.io and Intercom

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Sales Hub

Streak was perfect as a Gmail add-on. But it missed some features such as sequences (repeat emails).

Streak

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

We had a startup pricing benefit via our collaboration with an accelerator which lured us in. Knowing what I know, even the full pricing would have been well worth it.
Mandy
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

New User

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

So far its been ok. Still just learning the ins and outs.

So far its been ok. Still just learning the ins and outs.

Pros

The online help has been wonderful. Lots of options to make your business organized once you learn it.

Cons

The set up is very complicated. Confusing to navigate. A lot of self teach with the provided demo videos.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Pipeline CRM

Different company

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

free to start for a small business, comparable prices to other companies.
Audrey

A powerful CRM

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Overall I am very satisfied with the use of dirty hubspot. It allows our sales team to be much more efficient and above all to do the appropriate follow-ups. If a member of the sales team has to be absent for X reasons, we know that other salespeople will have no difficulty in taking over with customers since all activity, emails and calls are logged in hubspot by our salespeople.

Pros

What I like about this CRM is the ease of use. You enter your information in the company and in contact and then everything is connected. You can create quotes from the information created in the company and contact very quickly. Navigation in the application is also very good. Several pieces of information are pre-filled by hubspot and you have all the information you want about your contacts in one place. The sales pipeline is also very clear and provides a good idea of future cash inflows and income related to different prospects.

Cons

Currently, the only negative point that I have found of hubspot in general is the price. If you want to have all the hubspot modules (sales, marketing, etc.) it is quite expensive. Our company being a startup cannot afford to buy all the modules.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

Overall I am very satisfied with the use of HubSpot Sales. It allows our sales team to be much more efficient and above all to do the appropriate follow-ups. If a member of the sales team has to be absent for X reasons, we know that other salespeople will have no difficulty in taking over with customers since all activity, emails and calls are logged in hubspot by our salespeople.
Meredith
Meredith
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Quickly Scale Up Your Sales Team

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

We are able to track what our sales team is doing and report on it in a way that is easy for leadership and the team to understand
We are able to track goals, hit rate, forecast, and more

Pros

HubSpot has increased our close rate, sales volume, and contact database. It has been a huge value add to our organization and we have much more accurate and usable data.

Cons

It does require a dedicated person to implement but their support team is incredible

Salesforce Sales Cloud and SugarCRM

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Sales Hub

Act was not able to handle our business needs and is not user-friendly or geared towards modern operations

Act!

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

Price and overall offering. Best capabilities for our neds.

Excellent CRM with addons that just make it better

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Very happy with our investment in HubSpot and we are now taking full advantage of many of its time saving features.

Pros

I found HubSpot to be well designed and highly intuitive.

Cons

I have had some issues with how documents are managed and I did have a request for the ability to add customizable task definitions which would suit our workflow better. Not sure if I should be proud or pissed when they added the option to the upgraded version of HubSpot.

Industry Standard, but alternatives might be better for your needs

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

Pros

-Integrates really well with other tools -- most sales software offer a Hubspot integration which makes really easy to try new 3rd party tools to make your sales stack better

Cons

- Didn't have a great way to communicate in the tool -- other software offer things like emailing within your CRM so you can keep everything in one place

Streak

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

I tried using Streak since it was right in Gmail, but Gmail loads slow for me. Streak's UI for their CRM also isn't as intuitive as Hubspots
Nicole
Nicole
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Deals at a glance

Reviewed on 26/09/2021

Hubspot offers a great tool to track all the leads we currently have so that none fall through the cracks. It keeps all related documents, meetings, quotes, etc. all in the the deal card. The automatic contact log through Gmail integration can be overwhelming - it captures everything and adds a lot of noise to the system. Setting the default to "tracking off" and only logging what we want to keeps the contact list much cleaner.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and start using. There's something really pleasing about moving deal cards up the pipeline.

Cons

The meeting scheduler is lacking basic functionality like canceling and rescheduling. Hubspot has promised to roll out these functions soon. Also, the options for clients to accept a quote and pay are limited. They can only pay 100% of the full amount of the quote. There are no provisions for alternative arrangements like paying half up front and half later.

Managing work becomes easier for sales employee

Reviewed on 13/06/2023

Great and I have been using the same from past 2 years and so far have been able to track my activities along with keeping a track of all the sales lead. I would highly recommend this CRM Tool.

Pros

It is useful CRM Tool which helps employee in tracking the sales lead and also gives visibility to higher management without reaching out to the POC for details. Complete tracking on when an email is sent last to the client along with potential business and call details.

Cons

Customer service are sometimes difficulty to reach as mostly chat option is available

Matt

HubSpot as Used for Managing Social Media Accounts and Writing Blogs

Reviewed on 19/11/2014

Pros

HubSpot, most conveniently, is a nexus for so many needs and functions that your website depends on. It covers sales figures, visits, article creation, leads, social media posts, and more. You cannot only monitor the production of these things, but their overall effectiveness. This crucially democratizes the results brought by the collective efforts of a team, results which would typically reach those employees at the discretion of the bosses with access to that information. In short, HubSpot is convenient and aids every employee in feeling invested in day to day results.

Cons

As we know, software programs are ever-changing and never perfect. There are minor inconveniences, such as a lack of drag-and-drop options for photos. HubSpot is not perfectly compatible with smartphones yet, in the Safari browser on the iPhone, I am unable to alter social media phrasing and links. These problems aren't terribly significant, and I am sure they will be fixed with time, but they nonetheless leave more to be desired. And of course, there are occasional glitches, such as double postings on social media, or a posting that goes live on the site but takes an hour or so to register on the Published page on HubSpot.

Steve

Great For Certain People

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Their customer service is no good to put it simply. Because of that and the high cost of their services when I need to grow and have more capability I will be looking elsewhere.

Pros

The features of HubSpot are nearly unmatched. You can do just about anything on their platform - for a price. But I'll get to that later.

I use HubSpot for the CRM and emailing leads etc. and for that it is all free which is amazing. I couldn't be happier with the fact that I get this much capability for free. The fact that I can not only track if they opened the email but get a notification exactly when they opened it, how many times, and more is amazing.

Also the ability to save 5 templates and getting automatic suggestions in my email builder is fantastic!

I can also add a good size team all without having to pay anything.

I also love the ability to switch between multiple companies very quickly, though doing that often times gives me an error page and I have to reload but thats not a big deal.

Overall I am very happy with HubSpot but there have been some pretty big annoyances.

Cons

For me the customer service and big cost for paid options is a HUGE drawback. I just had an issue where all my emails were getting sent to spam but only if I sent them from Hubspot. I tried Mac mail, saleshandy, SalesBlink, FindThatLead etc. and it all worked just fine but when I sent from Hubspot - straight to spam.

So I contacted them about it but kept getting sent to their sales team and all the sales team did was send me links to articles asking if I had tried this or that. They never offered any real help and when I asked to speak to technical support of course I had to be a paying customer, which I understand to a degree. But with something like this it was clear it was a Hubspot issue. So I took to the forums and found 4 different posts of people with the same problem and in each post Hubspot blamed it on the persons email not being secure and offered suggestions to make the email itself more trustworthy.

However, myself and all these other people did not send big campaigns so there's no real reason our email addresses should be getting flagged as spam.

So I figured out that when I turned on 2 factor authentication to sign into my Hubspot account the problem was completely fixed.

So for me the second I need more capability for a bigger team I am going to be looking elsewhere because of their poor service and high prices.

Zendesk Sell

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Sales Hub

Hubspot is free and Zendesk Sell isnt. Pretty much that simple.

Zendesk Sell

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

I had been using Zendesk Sell since they were called Base. Because of that I do have a free account and honestly its an amazing platform and I love it. Used it for years! But once Zendesk acquired Base and turned it into Zendesk Sell a lot of the free options were no longer free such as teams/users. So thats really the only reason I switched to Hubspot was so I could add more users for free but once I need to have more capability Im switching back to Zendesk Sell.

My Favorite CRM

Reviewed on 28/02/2022

I first used the Hubspot free version until my company decided to switch from Netsuite to Hubspot for our CRM. I didn't realize how much more Hubspot could do until I had the paid version. I have used 5+ CRMs and Hubspot is by far my favorite.

Pros

Easy to use. Very intuitive even for the non-technical savvy user.
Ability to create custom scheduling links to send to prospects.
Ability to integrate with numerous other programs to really streamline your workflow and save you time!
Ability to create beautiful email templates.
Ability to create links to documents, videos, images, and more to embed into emails.
Get open rates, click rates, time viewed, etc.
App for smartphones for easy on-the-go access. App also helps you log incoming and outgoing calls when related to a contact.
Easily track sales pipeline on an interactive dashboard.
Automatically logs events and emails through linked calendars and email inboxes.
Can launch calls from site and app, log type of call, and record the call!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints or cons with HubSpot itself. I would love the app to be able to do a little more, like create/edit/add a quote.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Sales Hub

My company was not fully utilizing Netsuite and it didn't have as many features as we liked with Hubspot. I think it was also cheaper but I didn't authorize the switch nor make the purchase.

NetSuite

Thierno Ousmane
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

HubSpot Sales Hub, an essential pillar to boost our sales.

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

This is a good product. If you're already using Hubspot you might've already been enjoying it. If you're not, you can try Hubspot Sales Hub and see how your sales take a real jump.

Pros

First of all, it is important to know what is HubSpot Sales Hub. It is a HubSpot product that enables us to monitor the phases of our sales process, and assess which phase of the funnel our leads are in (a lead is a marketing jargon that means sales in this context). In other words, Hubspot sales hub is a sales metric tool to see where the sales optimizations are needed the most. The things that I particularly like with this product are:
- The interface is actually smooth and intuitive. Once we click on the Sales tab located in the upper corner of the screen, we will see all of our transactions, our sales pipeline, and we can actually move the different transactions (meaning the sales) by just picking and dragging them around with the mouse. If we want more information about a transaction, we can just click on it and it will open a whole other window about this particular transaction with the customer’s pieces of information such as: The name, the contacts, and the number of tickets if there are any;
- We can set organizational charts related to team projects, assign tasks among the members, organize meetings, and automate repetitive tasks;
- We can measure the sales performance in the Report tab. Then, we should click on Dashboard to be able to display the different sales made in a defined period of time. The dashboard is customizable with different templates available.

Cons

Two things that can be improved:
- It would be better to add a task reminder for the uncompleted tasks;
- Different colors need to be added to automate our next action on a given deal/transaction; different colors with different interpretations about the required actions that must be taken. This will save us the time of having to click on the deals/transactions.

Jaret

Great Product

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Hubspot really gave our team a structured way of keeping our deals organized, and gave our leadership team a 30,000 level view of the deals that are in the pipeline. Concrete steps lead to concrete results.

Pros

I like many things about hubspot. One of them is being able to schedule email outreach days and sometimes weeks in advance gives a lot of time back for the rest of the week.The reporting and analytics are also great because i have an easy way to track outreach numbers and the deals that are in the pipeline with their associated progress

Cons

One of my teammates schedules his email outreach, but has been experiencing issues with the emails actually going out.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

Salesforce is built on plug-ins, so you will need to get other products that can integrate. Hubspot is a one-stop shop tool.

Hibspot Sales Hub - A CRM with good integration

Reviewed on 08/02/2023

In addition to saving sellers time, the system notifies them if any of their contacts' emails are invalid or have opted out. I really appreciate the ability to use a template when composing an email. Overall, the features included in the Basic plan are sufficient for any business development or account management role in a small business.

Pros

I have used several HubSpot software, and the sales version is productive what I like is that it is a great customer relationship management tool for both experienced and new salespeople. You have a lot of scope to adapt your CRM to the needs of different departments and teams. I appreciate how simple it is to add new business and contacts and find the email tracking feature invaluable for monitoring lead nurturing and the history of your interactions with them. If you subscribe to the paid version of Sales Hub, you will also have access to a set of features to create automated email sequences that will facilitate mass communication.

Cons

It is an expensive CRM, more suitable for small and medium-sized companies, it is a platform that takes time to get used to, another thing that I do not like is when some parts of the menu are updated and that causes confusion.

Lee
  • Industry: Information Services

Intuitive and cost effective CRM

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

We love this solution for monitoring our client engagement!

We love this solution for monitoring our client engagement!

Pros

The system is easy to use, and input data, which is great for any small business looking for a CRM that is free.

Cons

There has been some reduction in functionality in the free version, however it far exceeds any other free CRM.

Insightly

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot Sales Hub

Looking for a more cost effective option.

Zoho CRM and Insightly

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot Sales Hub

Same functionality for a better cost.
Oliver

An Absolute Game Changer for Sales Development

Reviewed on 24/10/2021

Using HubSpot Sales has been one of the best business decisions we have made as a business, the scalability, ease of use, support and overall eco-system are easy to use straight out of the box and can only grow with you as you get used to the software. The system is incredibly userfriendly and intuitive and delivered an impact for us very quickly after implementation.

Pros

The ability to utilise sequences and snippets in the sales process was an absolute game changer for us as a business. We were able to implement our sales playbook with clearly defined stages and outcomes that could be easily implemented throughout the team literally at the touch of a button. The efficiencies that this has bought across the board has been incredible, it has also had the benefit of reducing the ramp time to effectiveness of new sales team members from approx 6 months to 2.5 months.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software, the most important thing prior to rolling it out however is to make sure you have mapped out your established processes and understand how these translate into HubSpot.

Mahmoud
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The perfect system for all needs that enables us to accomplish a lot in one place.

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Hubspot's tremendous capabilities helped us manage all functions in one place, and collaborate more effectively with colleagues as well as clients.

Pros

I love the fact how Hubspot automates our marketing and CRM processes, I really enjoy the way Hubspot functionality allows us, as it is easy to use and enables us in simple steps to create folders for all our customers, manage their data and orders, save all documents associated with them, and archive correspondence. I really appreciate how job automation with Hubspot gives us more high-quality capabilities that help us manage workflows, assign tasks, categorize and reach customers instantly, and Hubspot makes it easy to send links, images, and offers to consumers, take orders and inquiries, create tickets for them, and respond to them, plus Keeping records of all those operations. Hubspot also collects data and generates analytical reports, which helps us make smart decisions.

Cons

Hubspot is all-in-one in a nutshell, and with practice and practice, you'll find nothing to dislike.

Bolortuya

HubSpot review

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

Pros

HubSpot Sales is truly a hub for all sales from leads to closing a deal. It can house thousands of leads and customers allowing us to have all of our customer lists on one place which allows easy tracking and pulling relevant data. Also, we can create various sales reports to track KPI's.

Cons

HubSpot can be expensive if you buy all the different accesses and if you have a large team, seats can get more and more expensive.

It does what it should - unfortunately Im just not a fan.

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Its great because everything is in one place but its also not the best user experience because everything is in one place. It gives the feeling of a puzzle where all the pieces sort of fit together but not quite.

Pros

It works great in terms of keeping track of opportunities, leads, customers etc.

I also like that you can log (and track) your emails, notes, calls, and the like. Pretty much everything, which is super valuable. It creates a contact and company/account overview that is visible to colleagues which makes communication easier and ensures that everyone is on the same page. This is particularly great if an account is passed from one person to the other or a colleague is not available to give you the run-down.

Cons

- There is this general issue I have (or struggle with) when it comes to Hubspot is all the different tools that they have and how they all sort of work together but also maybe not. And its sometimes hard to know which "hub" you are in and whether that communicates with other places.
- Relevant to the previous point, the pricing structure that comes with it is also not seamless, definitely not a nice user experience. It's like buying fruit at the market but you get a pear and an apple but there's also a larger apple, but have you also considered taking a look at our melon offer? and so on...

Abhishek
Abhishek
  • Industry: Market Research

Best software for Sales tracking!!!

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Overall, it's a great tool for keeping tabs on the sales department within your organization. It is very effective and helpful tool for both management as well as individual level. It's a must have tool for every organization!!! Suggestion - An introduction of a reminder or a follow-up notification can be an added advantage.

Pros

Its categorization is really impressive as it allows to classify every stage of the sales process in detail - from lead generation to closed deal/gone cold. It also helps to keep track of all the prospects, deals, and sales performance of the employees within an organization.

Cons

It doesn't have the duplicate entry removal feature. Its database for companies' list should be updated from time to time along with the company's logo.

Chase

Great product for email tracking!

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

This product greatly increased my sales volume, being able to see when my email was read, and when links in the email were clicked was really a priceless tool.

Pros

Easily track emails in Microsoft Outlook or Gmail.
- customer service responds to your issues, tries to help resolve in a timely matter

I remember that I had an issue with their notifications once, where they wouldn't show up on my phone unless I turned my computer off; I submitted a request for them to fix this, explained that I didn't turn my work computer off ever, but still needed to get notifications on my phone, and they fixed the issue within a few weeks from my original request! I was completely shocked that they took care of this for me, all of my co-workers said they were now getting notifications as well!

Cons

There was a short period of time where they didn't have a cell phone app, but that's not the case any longer. There's really not anything not to like if you pay for the service; my work paid for my premium account, and Hubspot quickly resolved any issues I had.

Kristen

Good Software But Lacks Basic (and important) Functionality & Expensive

Reviewed on 02/11/2021

Honestly, being a Hubspot customer is a very frustrating experience. Some things are great but there are major drawbacks that Hubspot is unwilling to address

Pros

Central source of truth for salesforce and management team. Good reporting options

Cons

There are some key things that are missing that Hubspot seems completely uninterested in fixing. EG. If a deal is closed there is no way to automatically close tasks related to the deal or contact. When you're dealing with thousands of tasks, having incomplete tasks on closed records is a reporting NIGHTMARE. Almost 200 customers have flagged this in the user community and two years on Hubspot are still refusing to address. Also YOU CAN'T CREATE A CUSTOMISED MEETING BOOKING CONFIRMATION - what...???!!! Seriously, you can't event include the meeting time in a customised email to your customer. The standard template contains weird wording that doesn't work in many settings and can't be changed. There are lots of great aspects to Hubspot but these are absolute shockers.

Melissa
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Non-Profit Excels with HubSpot

Reviewed on 24/11/2014

Pros

I like that HubSpot practices what it preaches. They educate customers (and the public) in inbound marketing techniques, the very techniques they're using themselves to earn customers! The product itself is easy to use and intuitive. Whenever we think up something we want to do (a specific tactic or approach), we always know that HubSpot can accommodate that idea. What I like best is the seamless way in which we can manage all of our blogging, website, social media, and enews all in one platform and see all of the analytics in that same place. Everyday we are logging into Hubspot to schedule social media posts, blogs, edit automated workflows, and more. Other staff use the tool for a monthly touchpoint email they send to their lists of contacts. And weekly, we send our FatherSource enewsletter from within HubSpot using the email templates. Further, HubSpot integrates with our Salesforce CRM, and provides valuable information to our sales staff, which can help them better help our customers/potential customers. We assign leads that come through HubSpot and feed into Salesforce for personal follow-up from NFI staff.

Cons

As for what I like least: nothing! Seriously. We couldn't be as successful as we are today without this tool. We have two people managing our marketing and Hubspot acts as a third person. Before HubSpot we were using Constant Contact, The Raisers Edge contact database, Blogspot, and Blackbaud Net Community for our website, and posting separately on twitter, Facebook, and linked in. Now we can do all of this in one place! If I had to choose one thing I like least, it's that there is a not a plug-in for drafting, distributing, and monitoring press releases and incorporating them into overall marketing campaigns. I think HubSpot could help us be more efficient in this way. Fortunately, this deficiency isn't not really a major concern for us.

Zakary

Great tool that keeps us organized (can get expensive)

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

It has been good. Like mentioned above I would enjoying seeing a simpler version of the tool that gives growing teams the tools they need. Something between the Sales Pro and the free sales tools.

Pros

I love being able to get a quick view into the actions of our sales team. As the Marketing Manager, I am constantly handing leads to the sales team. With Hubspot, I am able to track the progress of that lead to ensure things continue to move in the right direction.

Cons

The thing I like the least is that it seems like Hubspot is adding more features and functionality however they are adding them with the bigger companies in mind. We are a growing company that likes to employ more of a start-up mindset. So when features get added that don't matter to our team we are still subject to the subsequent pricing changes.