BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable Reviews

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Write a Review!
BILL, a leader in financial automation software for small an

3.9/5
4.1/5
4.2/5
3.8/5

513 Reviews for UK Users

Ekalavya
Ekalavya

The best account platform for small and medium businesses

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Our experience has been great.

Our experience has been great.

Pros

Saves thousands of dollars in wire and credit card processing charges. Works better than any other payment processor for payments via ACH

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer than 3 working days to receive the payment in our accounts

Response from BILL

We're really grateful and appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us,
Ekalavya. Thank you for your review!

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

My 2 years experience with Bill.com

Reviewed on 30/09/2023

Pros

- We use BILL(Bill.com) for processing and payment of invoices and to manage vendors. - We are able to use Bill.com provide timely payments and managing vendors. - AI recognitions of invoices is useful- Easy to enter bills, track bills and apply payment to bills which are already paid.- Availability of reports.- Availability of payment methods like Check and E-payment for US vendors and Wire for international vendors.

Cons

- Sometimes facing issues with connecting vendors to E-payment or Wire payment.- Tech support is only available by chat.- Sync errors should give more detail on what's causing the issue- There are no issues apart from above, if i encounter any issues in future i can edit this review.

Response from BILL

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your experience with our BILL software! We are thrilled that you are finding our IVA useful and that it is easy to enter bills, track them and apply payments to partially paid bills. Also that the availability of payment methods and reports is handy. We are sorry for any frustrations caused by lack of details on some sync errors and connecting vendors with E-payments or wire payments. You are able to request a call/email/chat with our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us

Patrice

New system makes it unworkable

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

I used to love Bill.com, but now I am going to push my client to look for something else. It is awful and has not improved since they started this last year

Pros

The best part of the new system (vs the Classic Bill.com) is the bill payment grouping. You can filter for the name of the vendor, select the invoices to pay and mark the date on the next page. Very easy

Cons

The new system is so tech heavy that it takes twice as long to enter an invoice. The recognition software only works on half the invoices that are uploaded. At times it picks the wrong vendor completely. I have to choose the vendor, wait for it to "find" a match in my system, select it and then move to the invoice number, date and then look for the box that houses the amount. It is so spread out that it takes too long for the eye to move down the page. I have stopped putting my invoice number in the description because it means I have to scroll down the entry page. I loved the old version where everything existed in about 4 inches of space. If you have to skip an entry, and go to the next page in the document, it will associate that skipped page to your next entry, even after it is marked not to associate. I have found multiple invoices matched to the wrong vendors and how to find these is a nightmare. If I have a duplicate invoice in my uploaded documents, i have to close the window and go back to the Inbox screen. I then have to guess which document contains my duplicate because it is not clear which one I was working on. I cannot see the duplicate invoice, but only a thumbnail of the 1st document in my stacks. I have contacted customer service after they cut off the Classic version, I received an email asking me to explain what was happening. I did, and then nothing happened.

Maureen
Maureen
  • Industry: Accounting

Bill.com for invoicing and bill payment

Reviewed on 17/02/2024

Big timesaver in terms of sending customer invoices and paying vendors.

Big timesaver in terms of sending customer invoices and paying vendors.

Pros

Sync with Quickbooks Desktop. Ease of sending invoices and paying vendors.

Cons

Occasional sync issues with QB, was able to manage with lengthy support from QB.

Response from BILL

Thank you for feedback Maureen. While sync issues happen, we are always here to assist and get you back up and running quickly. If you need help, please to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email.

Jennifer

AP made easier

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Over all I love using BILL daily for AP processing.

Over all I love using BILL daily for AP processing.

Pros

The interface of BILL is easy to navigate and user-friendly compared to QB.

Cons

I occasionally get frustrated with the AI auto-populating feature while processing invoices.

Response from BILL

Thank you Jennifer for your five star review of our software! We love that you find our interface easy to navigate and user-friendly. We are sorry for any frustrations caused by our IVA system when processing invoices. We appreciate all feedback as we are always trying to improve our customer's experience with our software.

Mackenzie
Mackenzie
  • Industry: Human Resources

Getting help is painful

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

It's not great. We use bill.com to invoice our customers. 60% of our client base has complained about the experience with bill.com because setting up accounts is not intuitive, and clients often times have set up different kinds of accounts by accident then feel harassed by reminder emails which state they haven't paid an invoice, even though they are marked as "paid" on our end. We paid a hefty API integration fee in an effort to host all of these invoices in our own system so that our customers wouldn't have to interact with bill.com. However, now we are facing a whole new set of challenges trying to gather information from bill.com that isn't exposed, but is integral in making the integration successful... then trigger days and days of frustration with support to get about 60% of the information that we need.

Pros

The ease of creating and tracking invoices

Cons

Trying to work with support actually ruins my day. The only way you can talk to a human on the phone is by scheduling a phone call. Every time I have done that we've had issues connecting and there's no number you can call. I also feel like every time I reach out to support via chat or email I get a completely different level of information and service. Sometimes they give you what you need right away, other times they say they can't provide you with that information you need to jump through additional XYZ hoops.

Response from BILL

Mackenzie, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Laura

Bill.com Review

Reviewed on 03/10/2023

Pros

Easy to use. Great dashboard that makes it easy to do what needs to be done.

Cons

It does get a bit expensive for smaller businesses that need multiple users.

Response from BILL

Thank you, Laura, for your 5-star review! We are delighted to hear that our BILL software is easy to use and that the dashboard enhances your experience. We appreciate your feedback about cost and will pass that on to our team. If need any assistance going forward, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

BILL for Web Developers

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

It creates very professional looking pdf invoices and you can adjust the templates to however you like. The best thing about it is that it supports multiple currencies.

Cons

If you are moving from another billing software, it can be difficult to transfer all data and very time consuming to transfer it smoothly.

Response from BILL

Thank your you review and we are glad to be able to provide you with professional looking invoices that you can edit to your business needs. BILL is glad to be able to offer the ability for multi-currency to our customers. We apologize for the frustrations you experienced when transferring from you old billing software to ours. Please continue to provide your feedback as we use it when planning for the future of BILL.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Getting our money on time

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Pros

Some clients pay our invoices through Bill and it's so easy, Set up took a minute but after that, it's completely, well, non complicated. Like a good flight, when someone asks you about your flight you say "uh, it was fine.' because everything went as expected. Bill is the same.

Cons

Sometimes on high use days the interface is not as lightning fast as it is on other days.

Response from BILL

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are thrilled to hear that invoicing has been easy to manage. We appreciate your feedback on the speed of the interface and have passed that on to our production team. Please continue to provide any feedback that you might have as we are always looking for ways to make our service better.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

BILL makes it easy

Reviewed on 22/10/2023

Pros

Very straight forward to set up initially then to use. Easy to submit and go

Cons

Less functions and tools. Not as transparent as competitors but gets the job done

Response from BILL

Thank you for your positive feedback! We love hearing that our software was easy to setup and use. We apologize for any frustration caused by missing functions and tools. You can put in feature requests if there is something that believe is missing by going to leave feedback on your BILL account page or alternatively you can reach out to customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Resha
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I like it

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

Pros

I like the accounting features and invoice and billing features

Cons

No issues I like they software it serves its purpose for me

Response from BILL

Thank you for your glowing review, Resha! We love that you are enjoying BILL's accounting features along with the invoice and billing features. We always want to hear what works and what will make your experience better.

Anne

Continual heartbreaker

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Pros

It was my first experience with any robust cloud-based software (meaning besides online banking) and set a high bar for a long time.

Cons

I’m an accountant and have been a Bill.com user for over 10 years. I use Bill.com with my clients and have recommended it many times to anyone with a small to midsize business. That’s all in the past though. Bill.com seems to be absolutely hell bent on slowly destroying what used to be an amazing, reliable software. I feel things started getting worse around the time they went public, but that could be a coincidence. Pricing has gone up considerably in recent years. The newest platform is buggy and they keep taking away features or moving them around so you have to play hide and seek. Their customer support personnel used to be wonderfully helpful, and now many folks I encounter barely understand the basic functioning of the software yet are quick to mark your case solved. My clients are getting frustrated with all the reduced quality alongside increased pricing and I’ve started searching for an alternative because there are so many competitors.

Response from BILL

Hi Anne! We're sorry to hear you're not enjoying your Bill.com experience, though we would love an opportunity to make it right! The fastest way to get pass on feedback is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely.

Kirsten
Kirsten
  • Industry: Accounting

Getting better but still needs reporting

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Allows routing & approvals that are useful

Allows routing & approvals that are useful

Pros

The automation and defaults have gotten a lot better. The sync function to QB & Sage Intacct works pretty well and decreases duplicative effort. The security around users and banking is well-designed. The note functionality is great for communicating with my staff and maintaining history. Customer support is generally good.

Cons

The reporting is definitely lacking. Running filtered reports is limited and cumbersome. I end up running huge reports when I only need one vendor's history. The sync function works well when it works, but the sync errors can be really complicated. Sometimes, support doesn't get what you're trying to accomplish - it doesn't seem like they all have experience using the product.

Response from BILL

Kirsten, thank you for providing your feedback on what is working well and areas where we can improve. We apologize for any frustration you may have experienced with our reporting tool and syncing. If you need assistance, please visit our website at https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us to request a call, chat, or email from our customer support team.

Bill.com (BDC) is ready to help with Accounts Payable, but...

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

I am just 2 months in on bill.com (BDC). It has taken this 2 months just to analyze our existing data and move what we want (import) to BDC from our existing programs. We want to synchronize expense work from data entry into BDC to moving the detail over to QuickBooks (QB) where we keep our accounting data. It is not as easy as it sounds.

Pros

Bill.com (BDC) is a full-featured software program that will simplify recording vendors and paying bills but...
BDC is not as simple as it appears. We are excited to learn all that BDC has to teach us. See Cons....

Cons

To fully engage all the features of bill.com (BDC) one has to be ready to do the prerequisite work in cleaning up a company's existing records. We are using the BDC support team and our own accountant to gradually restructure our accounts payable-expense side of operating as a nonprofit organization. This has been laborious and frustrating at times. A major drawback is encouraging existing vendors to accept payment from BDC. Generally, people are guilty of 1. ignoring emails; 2. misreading emails; 3. not following clear directions.

Response from BILL

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Business Practices and Customer Service make product AWFUL

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

The WORST! Bill.com has done nothing but lie to me about their international payments. They lied about comparable exchange rates. They processed an international payment, showed it as "cleared" and then held it for several weeks forcing me to provide additional information on the payment. The vendor never received it and I have still not received the funds back over 2 weeks later. Be careful using their systems as they can hold your funds and really mess up your cash flow.

Pros

The product is good. It's what accountants need...that's it.

Cons

Having to deal with Bill.com customer service in any aspect.

Response from BILL

We're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your Bill.com account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Delay payments to contractors

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Cons

I contract with a company that uses bill.com to pay bi-monthly. The company I work for promptly processes payroll and gets it to bill.com. However, bill.com sits on your money for several days before processing it. Some of the claims are that it can't process anything on a weekend, because "banks are closed", which is a ridiculous claim to make because they pay electronically for the most part, at least in my case, and those kind of payments can be processed at any time. Even Monday through Friday it is apparently impossible to get customer service to respond to your inquiry even with repeated follow-up. Apparently they can create automatic email responses to your inquiries and yet cannot process a simple electronic payment. I am fully aware it is very simple thing to process an electronic deposit payment, and there is absolutely no reason to sit on my money for 3 to 5 days before doing so, whether those days fall on a weekend or not. The absolute lack of customer service is appalling. When I login, my payment information from the company I contract for is shown as overdue. Today is Monday, not a holiday, and yet they still could not process something they received last week. Even if they process it tomorrow, it will be a day or two before they get around to electronically depositing it to my card. I love the company I contract for, and I am going to complain to them about this practice and urge strongly to find another vendor, as Bill.com apparently cannot handle something that is a 2 times a month routine practice with my contract company. And I guess it's probably apparent to everyone why they sit on your money for a couple of days - even tho they do charge fees for their services, and that SHOULD BE how they make their money, I guess a little interest helps as well. By the way, there are no phone numbers provided, nor any other direct means of contacting someone about this issue other than email, which other than generating a generic received reply message, is apparently otherwise ignored. Companies who would consider using this company as their payment controller for their contractors, I highly do not recommend it as it is the absolute worst thing about the company I contact with. It's only the fact that the company I contract with is such a great company that I stay. And they may be unaware of the games that bill.com is playing with their contractors' money, but they are going to be made aware of it as soon as I hit submit after this review.

Kelsie

Bill.com for Account Payable

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Pros

1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option.

2. Can approve via mobile

3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval

4. Can add as many approval as you want

5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload

6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out

7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both

8. Communicates with other accounting software

Cons

The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

Response from BILL

Thank you for your review, Kelsie. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Melanie
Melanie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Ge

Reviewed on 16/07/2023

Works great and seamlessly MOST of the the time. Helps to manage accounting and bill payments and seems to be a great time saver that streamlines processes. I enjoy getting paid faster and love having a process I can track along the way.

Pros

My experience with Bill is as an end-user only. I like the ability to create invoices for clients that utilize them for bill payment/accounting. Entering invoices is a simple process and I like that you are able to view and track your payment requests once submitted. The ability to filter invoices is also easy and you don’t have to learn more than you need to depending on which service/feature you use. I don’t use to process payments but as an accounts receivable option, it works great for me and allows me to get paid even faster. The processing fees are reasonable and expedited payments processing is an option that is also reasonable.

Cons

While my experience is limited as an end-user, there have been a few times where my payment requests were not received or were duplicated. Not numerous but when it comes to payment, having it delayed for another reason is longer than most would want. The companies I know that utilize the full suite of offerings seem to be pleased and have used it long term with success.

Response from BILL

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our app, Melanie. We appreciate your kind words and will share them to our product team. They love hearing positive feedback like this!

Bill.com saves us hours each week!

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

overall, we are thankful it was recommended to us bc it saves time and helps with record keeping

Pros

The automation of bill payments, invoicing from staff for reimbursements, direct deposit options, and that we no longer print any checks ourselves, this along has saved us hours each month. Also, keeps track of all payments for tax purposes.

Cons

Sometimes it syncs with QB but there are errors. Bill.com no longer syncs with Expensify, which adds another layer of work for us if reimbursements are in Expensify.

Expensify and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Cost, set up and synch with other systems

Response from BILL

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased that customers like you have an amazing experience with BILL.

Louis

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts...

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com.
Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online.
Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs.
Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models.
As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Guru
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Aspects of Bill.com

Reviewed on 03/10/2023

Pros

1. Ease processing2. Approval Workflow3. Payment processing4. Initiate ACH invite

Cons

Easy to access the tool and easy to integration with another applications

Response from BILL

Guru, thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that approval workflows, payment processing and inviting vendors to use Epayments are working for you. We apologize for any frustrations that may have occurred when trying to access our software and integrating with other applications. If you need help with anything, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Amir

Bill.com review

Reviewed on 01/10/2022

Value
Does the job
User interface

Cons

Limited functionality
Support can be lkmited at times

Airbase

Response from BILL

We're glad that you have a great experience, Amir. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Samuel

Great Software for AP

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Bill.com helps speed up our workflow with Accounts Payable, for many bills it reads the bills and auto-fills the fields, which I love!

Pros

Bill is a great software for Accounts Payable, it is very robust and customizable and makes my work more efficient.

Cons

The Accounts Receivable side of Bill is decent, but it is somewhat glitchy, expecially in the integration with QuickBooks and we also have customers who say an invoice is showing as unpaid on their end when it is actually paid. There is deffinately room for improvement on the AR side of things.

Response from BILL

Thank you for your review, Samuel. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Anne
  • Industry: Government Administration

Bill.com review

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Bill.com solved a problem for us needing AP software but after 2 years we found that there were much better products out there for a fraction of the price of bill.com.

Pros

The ease of use for the inbox and being able to break apart multiple invoices in one document.

Cons

There is no customer service phone number, only chat or email. All problems I had were tremendously annoying to have to try and type out. The last big change to the platform took away security approval features. I was able to cut checks with no documentation which is not a good feature to have.

Response from BILL

Thank you for your review, Anne. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app, and we'll be sure to get your feedback raised to our product team!

• Used for 1-5 months

Horrible Customer Service and Support ... or Maybe it was Just "Rep"

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

I originally got a recommendation to Bill.Com from a member of the Facebook associated with the community that I organize, and opened up the account to take payments from members either making donations, or purchasing items for a relief fund for rideshare drivers in the area. About a day later, I got a request from a "Rep" for several documents to continue using the account.

I'm not sure what triggered the request, as the person who recommended it doesn't require having ever been asked for them, but they were mostly pretty standard: photo ID, passport, and most recent bank statement, along with an EIN certificate and a copy of our "business license".

I'm a sole prop, using a social in lieu of an EIN, perfectly capable of presenting my docs and bank account statement, which I did. I then reminded her that I wouldn't be using an EIN, and asked for clarification about the rather generic "business license" request (a quick Google search will show you that that's not how it works in our state). I offered that maybe she meant one of two other things, and said I'd grab those once she confirmed

Did she? Course not. She ignored EVERY attempt I made at clarification, and then closed the account, citing that they don't let "consumers" create accounts. I reminded her that I was a sole prop, like a freelancer, using his social, and that didn't make me a "consumer"; I also reminded her that I'd asked for clarification and she just repeated, "send the documents". AVOID at all costs.

Pros

It seemed like a great product for what we needed.

Cons

What began as simple verification devolved into a Kafkaesque interaction with a chatbot.