Zoho Books

Online accounting software for growing businesses

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.3/5
4.2/5

Mitch H.

Excellent Accounting Software for Small to Medium Size Businesses

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Pros

I use Zoho Books as part of my Zoho One subscription. Zoho is integral in the operation of my business. I have found these tools to be comprehensive, powerful, and relatively easy to learn and use. Zoho Books is certainly no exception. I love the automation tools and customization options. Support is also prompt and efficient.

Cons

If I wasn't part of Zoho One, I'm not sure I ever would have discovered or used Books. Though it is a great option, I'm not sure how it compares with other modern bookkeeping software. I haven't examined the market recently.

Overall Zoho Books is easy to use and works very well for a small to medium business.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

You can automate much of your purchasing and invoicing 'paperwork' process which is wasted time you can spend actually working on your business. It integrates easily with other Zoho products, QuickBooks and Google if you need it to.

Cons

While it is very easy to integrate with other zoho products like Zoho Expense it can sometimes be hard to understand how that integration is meant to work. Some best practice documentation like using Zoho Books and Zoho Expense would be great. For instance it took me a while to figure out that I needed to make sure I had chart of account line items in both. I assumed they would sync but they didn't. I had to go to expense and create the same custom line item I did in books. Not a big deal but it would have been helpful to know that I needed to do that. Customer Support can be very inconsistent. I've had very good experience with the chat support resolving my problems immediately. However, the ticket system and email can some times take days to respond. In particular, you don't have access to your support ticket so you don't know that it has been received or looked at, nor can you update it with any additional information.

Kay S.

Solid, usable software with great support

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

After trying about six other accounting packages for my email marketing agency, I went with Zoho Books. It was the only one that handled multiple currencies seamlessly without requiring the very top/most expensive account level. While there are some things I wish it would do differently, it's by far the best of all the different accounting solutions I have tried. In addition, their support is fast and very, very good... every time I have a question or a problem, they either resolve it or inform me of a workaround (and log a feature request on my behalf) in a minimum of time and without any hassle. The other thing I like about Zoho Books is that their feature set is always expanding - you really do need to read the notes when they announce an update, as often I've found they've added something that makes my life easier that I wouldn't have found on my own.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. Multiple currency features is good.

Cons

Some of the multiple currencies stuff - especially to do with bank accounts and payment methods - is a little clunky.

Wayne M.

Zoho Books, best move we ever did

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

As our agency grew we realised that Freshbooks was not cutting it. We needed a solution that gave us a better overview of our accounting and billing. The updates and new features from Zoho Books seem like the roll out on a daily basis, always adding value and ease of use.

Customer support is on point, clear communication and always on hand to make sure you are using their product correctly. We have now integrated with Zoho CRM and Projects for a full 360 of our agency processes and needs.

Pros

Simple, clean and clear UI. Nothing has come close. Onboarding our accountants was simple.

Cons

Very minimal, as we are growing we are finding that we need a few features our accountants require, but this is something they can do manually on ther end for now.

Adrian P.

It's good but not great

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

I use this for our charity and it is a great low cost solution. For my business, I ultimately had to change back over to QBO. The little bugs and limitations got in the way for a more complicated business setup where QBO is well utilized in this area.

Pros

The workflows you can create are great and the support is quick to respond.

Cons

Like everything in the Zoho Suite, it is always at 80%. There are always things that don't work properly and bugs. The integration for Amazon Seller Central was not great.

Scott F.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

ZOHO BOOKS Feel the Love

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

If you are planning on using ZOHO don't forget to check out ZOHO ONE, they packaged all of the greatness of Zoho into one package. I saved money by moving over to ZOHO ONE.

Pros

I've been a faithful ZOHO BOOKS user for 9 months, the integration with all of the other ZOHO Products is shear GREATNESS! I love how other outside apps can be integrated as well. Books is great for managing the estimates, invoices, work orders along with the expenses of your company. ZOHO allows you to customize almost every aspect of the system.

Cons

Don't have high expectations of the support if needed. Some days they are on it, others they lack the luster of greatness or even normalcy. Don't hestiate to call email or chat, if its something simple, they may fix it immediately or tell you it can't be done, only to later find out it can. Other days you'll wait for 2 days then get a call back from the same person and find out that one of the programmers fixed the issue.

Stelios P.

We love Zoho Books

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

We are BACKBONE (www.backbonetechnology.com) and we use Zoho Books and Zoho CRM to run our Greece office. Apart from a few tax regulations that cannot be set up in the software, everything else works great for us. We absolutely LOVE the dashboard and visual representation of where our organization is on a monthly basis. We also love the reports section of the software.

Pros

Ease of use, visual representation of dashboard, reports.

Cons

not customizable to the extent required for tax laws in Greece but understandable

Natasa M.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Very good accounting tool for SMEs, easy adaptable to country and company specifics. But they do need to improve the project managament accounting.

Pros

It's very intuitive so you can start using the tool immediately. All answers can be found online. Customizable to company's needs. They are always adding new features and reports. We love it.

Cons

The project accounting is something we would need but the way it is set up in Zoho Books, we cannot use it so we found a workaround, which is still not the perfect solution. I am also missing cash flow prediction modeling. I am also missing the xml invoice export, for that I need another tool.

Luis enrique S.

Zoho Books helps streamline all important back-office duties of thr office.

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

Pros

Zoho Books helps me manage finances per projects, where you can add tasks, assign members, and follow processes using your mobile device. Simply insert your sheets and client information in the system, and bill them to customers in a second.

Cons

Zoho Books is a decent program that can be nightmare. If you require anything more than the most basic accounting then Zohos ridiculously restrictive rules require you to do a workaround for the most basic transactions.

Ramin S.

Convenient platform

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

Zoho books is kinda program which is being used everyday by every single one of our company. Is very useful not for only small business and also medium companies. There are tons of great tools and all of them will be "vital" ones for you. Zoho books is the best in market. Customer service is also very helpful. Price is not expensive, I think it deserves to try. Design is perfect and simplicity is the best part of it.

Cons

Working slow sometimes, scrolling and search bugs. Zoho Books has not any big problems or errors, We didn't notice any negative affect and we never felt disappointment about it.

James P.

Integrated Accounting Platform

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

We have had an easier time in reconciliating our books since we use multiple payment gateways. To add on that, we have linked with other platfroms we are using hence we have a seamless experince.

Pros

It links with multiple finance and backing systems including local banks making it pretty easy to work with. To add on that, it runs everythign from purchasing to sales, to inventory and intergartes well with other Zoho solutions.

Cons

It on nly has payrol for USA and India this requires any organization that is not located in the two countires to seek and additional solution for payroll.

Akomolafe S.

Accounting Made Easy

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Zoho solves the problem of invoicing, sales recording, Management Account and all my accounting headaches.
The experience for me is all that I want and need.

Pros

The interface is very easy to navigate through. Zoho book performs magic just as you start with login. The features are excellent and you don't need an instructor to use Zoho books. It is that simple and accurate.

Cons

For now, Zoho is all I used and I love it. Stress free.

• Industry: Accounting

Zoho the best small business accounting software with great CRM integration

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Our business has enjoyed servicing clients who use Zoho. A great software to work with.

Pros

Zoho is cloud based therefore all your team members can work from anywhere. even from their cellphones. Zoho books comes with inventory management and other management tools for customer support and management. It is easily integrated with ecommerce platforms specifically shopify. Being cloud based we do not have to do back ups for Zoho clients.

Cons

Zoho has a very low pricing structure in the first year which then increases very much in the second year onwards.

Miguel C.
  • Industry: Design

Almost Excellent

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

I'm overall very happy with my experience on Zoho books. Just a few things don't make it a 5 star experience. I would love to have the ability to completely customise my estimates and invoices. Being a design studio, it's very important that my estimates and invoices follow the rest of our brand design. Also would be good to have a desktop app for time keeping. I currently use the Chrome app and it should have the possibility of adding projects and tasks from the app itself.

Shilp P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Awesome Accounting Software

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

I never use to love accounting, but when i came across Zoho Books, Accounting is the thing which i love the most now. Its so easy, so responsive, and very convenient. Automation, in app emails, reminders are awesome. Bank connectivity is great, customer support is very efficient. I can make invoices, purchase orders, quotation easily and quickly even from mobile app. Send emails from app itself. Payment reminders are way too cool. And the pricing for Zoho books as compared to the features it provides is very affordable even for small scale industries.
Zoho Books makes tedious accounting very easy.

Fabian P.

Best tool for invoicing and more

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Pros

1. Free trial up to 50 clients.
2. Integrates with all the apps
3. Price is good
4. Easy to expand as business grows
5. Customer support is superb

Cons

Haven't ran into any yet. We've been using zoho books for over 5 years and we can't think of one thing to complain about.

Andre D.

Great program!

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

The ease of use is great keeps all the accounting in order, I love the recurring invoices and the overall program

Cons

I wish the program would carry over the amounts not paid on a recurring invoice so that it would show the total amount due including any past due amounts

Deepanshu K.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Zoho Books - A perfect software for accounting

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Pros

Billing, payment management and invoicing are most important features. It is very easy to use or adopt even if person is not well trained over it

Cons

I feel that invoice templates and their customization could me more simpler

Raj M.

Very versatile web based book keeping system

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

We use all different modules for booking keeping, including estimates, quotes, pro-forma invoices, purchase order, bank reconciliation, and year end reporting.

Pros

API integration is very powerful as we build our own tools to read and write info. in invoices and POs

Excellent, affordable, accounting software

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Pros

Reasonable price for a lot of features.
Instant chat support is helpful.
Snail Mail service is reasonably priced.

Cons

Recurring invoices don't send via snail mail.
You can't see when someone views an invoice unless they have portal access setup.

Lea W.

Small Business Accounting Platform

Reviewed on 06/05/2018

Pros

Zoho Books allows you to automate functions, such as emailing weekly reports/summaries and month-end financial reports to you.

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to create work orders and other more industry-specific types of documents.

Frederic M.
  • Industry: Information Services

Perfect invoicing solution for consultants

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

The one thing I never liked about consulting work was sending invoices.

Zoho Books is the perfect companion to help me invoice my clients rapidly and get back to work

Pros

Easy to create and modify invoices
Easy to keep track of expenses
Track time per client, project, etc..
Generate lots of reports

Cons

I honestly have not found anything I don't like about it.

You can do anything from you phone, your tablet on your pc

Thomas Y.
  • Used for 2+ years

The software covers all the accounting functions I need in my business

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

I use this software for accounting purposes. It does what it says it does and that's basically it.

Pros

The software works fine, and covers all the accounting functions I use in my business. The software has a nice heuristic feel and is generally user friendly. The software takes a little bit of time to get things smoothly running.

Cons

Although the software is generally user friendly, the software at times requires some time commitment to get things set up the way I would like. Also, the software is less popular than some other paid accounting software, which sometimes creates problems to find individuals to do things for me.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Zoho is my accounts manager

Reviewed on 16/03/2020

Kind of mixed experience with Zoho Books but overall recommended for new startups.

Pros

It manages my finances and make invoices in no time plus it helps to coordinate between different departments to save time and cost.

Cons

It can't be integrated into other softwares and slightly lack something that other competitors have.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great tool which I've found to be Superior to the competitors

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Pros

Good integration for payment providers. Automated follow ups. Bank feeds

Cons

Delay on bank feed sync. It takes 5 days for my bank to sync with Zoho.

No crypto payment support