Showing 75 reviews of 64

Showing 75 reviews of 64
Clare P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I feel like it can be a useful tool, if you are in the know!

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

I would suggest a simple user guide to come up the first time you log in, so you are aware of the real potential of this software.

Pros

Once you have been shown how to use this software, it can be a very useful tool, especially for us as CEs who aren't directly involved with the Sales side of the business.

Cons

Unless someone is a pro on Phocas, it is difficult to navigate your way around it and completely understand how to use it.

Graham L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Happy to Recommend Phocas!

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

We started with Phocas in 2009 with just the standard sales database for one region of our business but have now progressed to multiple sales databases for other business units with fully integrated rebates module as well as finance and procurement style database now, with plans to roll it out further in other parts of the business.

Pros

The ease of use of Phocas is what puts it at the top of our list for BI software. The set up of the data was quick and easy (with great support from the Phocas guys) and ability to drill down from top line data right into the detail of a transaction is what makes Phocas a great tool for us. Phocas is widely used across our business to track and analyse sales data, finance data and purchasing data with future plans to add more modules. The PUG Forum is also a good feature for me, if there is something that you don't know how to do then you'll find the info there or someone can point you in the right direction. It's also a great place to suggest the feature that you'd like to see and Phocas review and add on to their product road map, so you know they are listening to your ideas.

Cons

I'd say the visualizations and widgets on the dashboards could do with abit of updating. The charts aren't always a flexible as you'd like with axes labels and adjusting the axes to suit the chart, plus you have to be quite specific with the data in the first place to get the chart you want.

Bill W.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Pros

It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding.
The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have.
The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Cons

This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Nicholas G.

Phocas is Amazing!

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

The biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.

Pros

Ease of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.

Cons

This is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.

Stephanie S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Cons

I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

Shakti S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Phocas Easy To Use

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Phocas allows the business to have data available on the go. BSS administrates and creates the data tables which allows the business to easily customise new company requirements.

Pros

One Click Functionality. User friendly. The ability to access data wherever you are in the world.

Cons

As BSS hold a vast amount of information sometimes we have issues viewing the data. This might be an internal or external network issue.

Mark V.

Phocas Software review

great staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas

Pros

The system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.

Cons

I have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.

Jerry H.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use and learn. Powerful, but not intimidating.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

This software deals with large amounts of data with exceptional speed and simplicity putting relevant data at your finger tips. Easy to convince people to use

Cons

Limited in complex searches. CRM is Limited. Whenever you get a software that offers simplcity, there is some sacrifice on flexibility, but it is worth the sacrifice

Olivia G.

Simplified Tool for business data

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Pros

I'm able to see various snapshots of all the data that drives my business decisions in one place - and even better - I am able to slice and dice the data in different ways so as to get in depth analysis when needed

Cons

Not in real time (at least for my organization) - the data downloads every night so we have to wait until next day to see numbers up until the previous day

Ken D.

INcrease knowledge

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

we use Phocas to gain a better understanding of our customer transactions and history. we used this to review what if customer verses product purchases and this enabled us to put some attention to opportunities we had not seen before, increasing sales by 5%

Pros

allowed data analysis that improved our ERP system. enabled decisions that increased sales

Cons

remembering how to use all of the features

Earl P.

Phocas Software Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Pros

* How quickly you can slice and dice your data
* Reliability of data
* No hidden costs and no extra charges
* Support desk that helps and does not charge

Cons

* Remembering how to do things,
* Inability to manage your favourites or saved reports e.g. folder arrangement would be great

Anne C.

phocas - easy

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I check my clients what they are purchasing - and compare over 12 month period - very helpful in meetings - opens discussions. Client also likes to see their order history.

Pros

Clear - easy to use and find the information I require

Cons

Have not found anything yet! I love the software has all the information I need to conduct my business on a day to day routines.

Rob P.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Progressive Reporting package adding value

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Phocas has made Monthly reporting made easier to put together and share with the team. Implementation was relatively straight forward. Priced about right.

Pros

Simple to use
Modern and up to date software
Graphics and Dashboard are value adding
Training opportunities
Web based - access anywhere

Cons

Relies on good internet connection (obviously)

Julia M.

Eastbrook Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Does help me to identify which areas within my customers business need growth. Information is given in a clear and concise way.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes can be very slow. Have to press CTRL & F5 to clear it.

Phocas

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Overall we have had a positive experience with the software.

Pros

Very intuitive to navigate and manipulate data.
Reports are good.

Cons

Have had some issues with the data syncing.

Robert H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Very powerful analytic tool.

Reviewed on 25/03/2015

Pros

How quickly we can gain insight into our sales data.

Cons

We would like to offer this to more of our employees, but the cost is making it hard for us to justify.

Reshma J.

Easy and Good to Use

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

It very simple to use the software and its really straightforward especially for a new user. Also you can not go wrong and delete anything.

Cons

Personally more training on the product just to know to what extent it can go especially when your a new user.

Jim M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Pros

We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Cons

I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.

Jason H.

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Pros

Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

Shirley M.

A Game Changer!

Reviewed on 13/10/2019

the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Pros

the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

David M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Phocas review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

We have improved margin, customer retention, staff output and much more.

Pros

Data is very powerful when used properly.
Easy to use once leaned and it's extremely quick to extract important data.

Cons

Some bugs still sit in the software. Not a lot but they are annoying when they do pop up.

Agnes D.

Marketing Manager

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

Phocas allows me to track the results of sales promotions with ease. It also lets me focus in on under performing product classes and identify the root cause. It's one of the best software programs we have.

Dan B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Sales Aid

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Very easy to use and love the ability to quickly frill down information.

Pros

Being able to pull customer data quickly. I can identify customers opportunities and successes with the sales data.

Tara O.

makes my job a whole lot easier//...

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

All in all great product and I would highly recommend

Pros

its user friendly and easy to get around, produces reports quickly, analysis of data is at your fingetips

Cons

Customising reports can be hard to navigate around