Outbrain Reviews

Outbrain

Native Advertising Platform

4.3/5 (20 reviews)

Outbrain helps us reach high value customers

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and a number of updates have been added over the course of last year, which allow for a better campaign set up, more precise targeting and have helped us decrease our acquisition costs.

Cons

At the moment it's not possible to evenly split budget between ads, meaning that the ad that has been identified as the most promising by the algorithm gets assigned quite a significant share of the overall budget. Hence, conducting tests on ad level has proven a bit tricky.

Abdul haseeb K.

Want to reach a wider audience?

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

I use Outbrain - Amplify to reach audience worldwide to promote my products. It has been a real helping hand to scale. I see a lot of good publishers on the network (in most of the countries) who got tons of traffic everyday. You can create campaigns in multiple countries and paying in only one currency which helps to ease reporting! Also, if you are looking to retarget users, I believe Outbrain got a fair hold here!

I work with other native advertising tools & I would say the UX design is much simpler and easier then what I see elsewhere.

Last but not least, customer support is top-notch! Quick, Sharp & Supportive!

Pros

- Fast & easy campaign set-up,
- Very specific GEO targeting,
- Excellent tracking,
- Audience reach at a fair price,
- Quick & reliable reporting.

Cons

- No ads preview once the campaign is live,
- Cannot target Chinese market,

Soufiane Z.

My secret lead generation weapon :)

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Outbrain is one of the greatest channels for our generating leads in our industry. The CTR and CVR is way better than normal display Banner.By paying less for the clicks compared to FB & Google, we are getting the highest ROI from this channel. I think Native Advertising is the future and i am happy working with such a big player like Outbrain and to be honest, i am enjoying their great customer support.

Pros

Great support
Targeting options (GEO, Age, Interests, Retargeting etc...)
Pixel and Tracking implementation
Low CPC

Cons

Interests targeting optimization still not possible at the moment of this review

Hannah G.

Helps with page views

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

Pros

Easy to utilize user interface that enables actual time updates and reporting. Complete exposure into outcomes that enables my group to make modifications that will right away affect the project performance.The platform is really user-friendly.

Cons

You cannot make edits to existing projects once they are live, you need to recreate them if you wish to alter any aspects.

Rotem S.

An amazing way to reach new customers!

Reviewed on 11/06/2018

wat to reach new users

Pros

It's a great way to reach the best audience at the right time. Outbrain bring us the best ROI we ever seen from other PPC platforms.

Cons

It has friendly UI, and great ways to reach various target audiences. The only cons its that you need some short period of training on the system.

A very good Native Advertising software

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

We are very satisfied with Outbrain. The software is our number one provider for Native Advertising and we prefer it to its competitors.

Pros

I like how easy to use Outbrain is. The whole platform is very intuitive and you can easily find your way around. Also, by using the variations mechanism I can easily create several variations with my assets without manually booking them in one by one. This is a big advantage compared to other platforms.
Also, whenever we experienced any kind of difficulty with our campaigns, the customer team worked very fast and provided excellent solutions.

Cons

I seriously have no big issue with the software. The only thing bothering me from time to time is that single ads cannot be deleted out of a campaign. But using the pause function is an ok workaround for us.

Yuri K.

Outbrain helping University

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Pros

The advertising agency that provides services to the University where I work proposed the use of Outbrain technology. We have a lot of content but it was not possible to get it to a lot of people at the same time, and that's what Outbrain helped us do.

Cons

The support here in Brazil was confusing, this delayed the beginning of the campaign and displeased the company. Luckily, in the end the numbers were positive and this softened any problems that had occurred previously.

Ran K.

Great tool if used properly and constantly finetuning

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Was good, but the management costs might be overwhelming.

Pros

Easy to use interface that allows real time updates and reporting.
Complete view of the results that allow the team to make improvements that will immediately impact campaign performance.

Cons

A long setup time, you need todo a test campaign first in order to see if it meets the requirements, and continue to update it until getting a satisfy results.
You also need to keep a close track on CPCs and see if recorded in campaign analytics program.

Louise A.

Expand your content with Outbrain!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Was able to get my content in front of fresh eyes and drive new website traffic!

Pros

Outbrain allows you to take a piece of important content and push it out beyond what most agencies are capable of. You can see your content featured on some high DA sites, meaning you'll get more eyes on it. Instead of traditional display ads, these provide relevant content to website visitors and can help direct traffic your way. If you have a great piece of content, Outbrain can be a great tool to get it the visibility it deserves and grow your brand.

Cons

It's not cost-effective for everyone. There is a minimum spend, so it may not be in everyone's budget.

Elisabeth V.

Great Tool with high Viewability

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Pros

Easy to use after a quick onboarding
In-line editing in tool
Great CPCs

Cons

Reporting is only in CSV
No pacing of campaign shown (will it spend full budget using current bid?)
No preview of the ads and no mockup for screenshots possible

Outbrain is a great tool for advertising!

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

Outbrain is great for distributing your published articles!

Pros

Outbrain allows me to publish my articles and drive traffic to them from websites across the internet!

Cons

The cost of Outbrain is at time a bit shocking, but the website traffic can really lead to great results.

7.0/10

Super great tool to amplify the reach of your content

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Pros

This is a marketers best friend. It's very easy to set up individual content pieces or say even an entire blog to get promoted.

Cons

Sometimes the placement of the content is not the best so click throughs can be lower or their quality not the best.

Outbrain For Good Cheap Traffic

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Pros

Very easy to use from a user interface standpoint. Many targeting options and easy to segment audiences.

Cons

Bulk changes can be challenging at times but for the most part it is a great network

Zac J.

Read the brand name sites you know and love

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Pros

Outbrain is great because they give site owners and brands the ability to advertise on different big name brand across the internet. They do the work and reach out to these sites, while giving you an easy to use platform that allows for easy campaign management.

Cons

The software is pretty standard and has a bit of a learning curve. We'd like to see better options for lower ad spend on new ad campaigns, and not giving such priority to bigger brands with bigger budgets.

Drives Leads, but Conversions?

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

We get a ton of traffic from this channel, at relatively inexpensive prices. But I'm not sure if these leads are actually materializing into new business for our company. . .

Cons

Leads can vary widely in quality. Most visitors just bounce after click, some view through convert, have not gotten much direct response.

Mandy J.

The best choice for ad spend

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Pros

I really appreciate the interest targeting feature and they have one of the lowest minimum ad spends in the industry.

Cons

Wish they could go just a little lower on the ad spend, like $5/day, to help provide more flexibility when testing effectiveness of copy and campaigns.

Balwinder P.

Way better than other marketing options

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Pros

Outbrain is a winning option for me. It has all the great features that I want. CPC is low, not as costly as other rivals, easy to use, are some features which make it amazing.

Cons

I think live projects need some improvements.

Douglas D.

Never Been So Dissatisfied

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Never Their terms of service are not clear, and I waisted days trying to create a campaign to get banned with little explination.

Pros

None, Seriously I was kicked off the platform before my first ad was approved.

Cons

I tried to create an add campaign for a self help legal program with an affiliate link. I was kicked off the platform, and was not told why. They just said this type of content doens't fit what their host sites affiliate want. Instead of just telling me this and letting me edit my ad, they deactivated my account. Very dissatisfied.

0.0/10

Worthless untargeted traffic

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Pros

Outbrain's interface is pretty easy to use, and it's very quick to get your campaign up and running.

Cons

The traffic is worthless. None of the audience is remotely targeted, and it results in zero conversions.

2.0/10

getting a lot of clicks in first few days

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 11/04/2019

looks promising

Pros

we are trialling this software to improve our native advertising, early results seem great

Cons

no customer rep to talk to but the help files are ok