Funnel Reviews

Funnel

Advertising Analytics Platform for Online Marketers

4.7/5 (9 reviews)
Mikko V.

Great combination of customisability and ease of use

Reviewed on 16/03/2018

Much faster, simplified and consistent tracking and reporting of digital marketing performance.

Pros

Integrations to media and data sources work like a charm, and with custom dimensions and metrics it's easy to visualise pretty much any special KPI you might have.

Cons

Graph and other data presentation has some limitations, but these issues can often be bypassed by rethinking and simplifying data presentation (which is usually a good direction to take anyway.)

Response from Funnel

Thank you for a great review Mikko! I'm very happy to hear that you find custom dimensions and metrics helpful when visualising your data! We will actually improve these features even more during the year to allow for an easier and more flexible grouping of data.

I will make sure to forward your comments about the visualisation limitations to our Product team. We are constantly improving the product in all different areas, so this feedback is very valuable for us. That being said, I'm happy to hear that you have been able to come up with your own workarounds, and yes, sometimes less is more!

Carrie W.

Overall, I have had a very positive experience working with Funnel.

Reviewed on 25/03/2018

Pros

The software is very easy to use, and it enables us to quickly and easily create reports that help our account team provide strategic recommendations to clients on how to best optimize their digital marketing spend. The widgets have a ton of flexibility, and I've been impressed with how many options we have for charts and graphs. Additionally, I wanted to note how great the Customer Support team has been in helping us add new platforms, set up various reports, provide recommendations based on what we're trying to do, troubleshoot issues, etc. They're incredibly responsive, and have had nothing but positive experiences with everyone (across all teams) that I've worked with at Funnel. I would definitely recommend this software to others.

Cons

While Funnel has a ton of flexibility, I'd love to see Funnel implement unique metrics (metrics that can't be stored by day) as there are a handful of metrics our clients want to see in their Funnel dashboards but aren't available.

Response from Funnel

Hi Carrie, thank you for your kind words! We are very happy to hear that you find Funnel so useful and flexible.

As you mention we are not able to import unique metrics as of now. That being said, I'll make sure to forward your request to our Product team and hopefully we will see these metrics in the tool in the future!

Useful data integration tool

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Overall a very useful tool which has easily paid for itself in reduced manual data handling - flexible on data integration and reasonable functionality for reporting on process

Pros

Has saved us many hours of data reconciliation and input without high cost . Implementation was quick and simple and has been pretty reliable since

Cons

Although we receive notifications of individual errors on download sources - we didn't seem to receive notification when we had brief but complete outage on data

Amaury G.

Easy to use. Huge time saver for uploading cost data into Google Analytics.

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Cost data upload into Google Analytics is now much easier

Pros

We centralize all our marketing campaign dashboards into Google Analytics. Therefore we need to have Cost Data uploaded regularly for all non-Google advertising networks. By using Funnel.io we have been able to automate this process and save a great amount of time. .. and also avoid mistakes. Moreover the list of advertising networks that have the API connection with Funnel is huge! so when we want to test a new network we prefer to test one that is already on their list because it´s so much easier.

Cons

I can´t find any Cons apart maybe from Pricing. I believe most of the advertisers will not reach monthly spending outside of AdWords. They used to have a cheaper entry package monthly spending but they removed it recently.

Response from Funnel

Thank you for your kind words Amaury! I'm happy to hear that our Cost Uploader makes your reporting in Google Analytics easier and saves you time.

Cassie R.

Keep Connected with Funnel!

Reviewed on 11/02/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This product allows our company to create, edit, and share reports with necessary team members to keep everyone on target.

Cons

Can sometimes have a slower processing time but otherwise nothing negative to say about this product!

Alexander F.

Happy user of Funnel

Reviewed on 17/09/2015

Finally I'm able to get a holistic view on the performance on all of my online marketing activities, making it possible for me to evaluate my marketing activities' performance on common metrics. The holistic view enables me to work more efficiently, not wasting any time on logging in to separate marketing channels' interfaces and reporting through excel. The best of it all, there's no need for importing cost data into Google Analytics anymore.
Pros: 1. Quick overview of overall & channel specific performance through dashboards 2. Evaluate my performance based on common data throughout all my online marketing channels - Cost per order - Conversion rate - Transaction order value 3. Automatic import of cost data for additional channels outside of Google Adwords

Cons: Cost data from all online marketing channels are not available yet. However, talking to customer service at Funnel; new online marketing channels are being released consistently

Jorge M.

Excellent tool for merging marketing channels and create connections for reporting.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Pros

Easy to use.
Flexible, it supports many exports and Marketing channels.
The Data is reliable.
Customer support is super helpful and fast responsive.

Cons

The only thing that I think needs to improve is the data explorer. Add either more design or be able to create special reports.

Response from Funnel

Thanks for your kind review Jorge! It's nice to hear that you find Funnel and our support so useful.

We continuously improve the tool so your feedback regarding the Data Explorer is really valuable. Please continue to reach out if you have any suggestions of what we can improve.

Marek K.

funnel.io enables us to get daily cost data for every country we operate in and every channel we use

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

cost data all in one place

Pros

The sheer number of data sources - virtually every existing online marketing channel is included. The best feature is BigQuery data export, where we can analyse it much further.

Cons

I am yet to understand the GUI in more detail. And pricing could be a bit cheaper. Other than that, I am very enthusiastic about the software. It enables us to truly apply data-driven marketing.

Response from Funnel

Thank you for the review Marek! I'm happy to hear that you find the amount of data sources satisfying. We are always open to discussing other types of data sources as well (not only advertising channels), so let us know if you have anything more in your marketing data stack that you would like into Funnel and we can look into it.

Also, you know that you always have free support as a customer, so please reach out if you have any questions about the interface. Thank you!

Grace C.

Pretty good overall

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Pros

Super flexible, lots of features, provides specific and reliable data. Great customer support as well

Cons

Price is quite steep per month. Processing time can occasionally be a little slow, and there some minor limitations on data presentation