Namely

4.2/5

437 Reviews for UK Users

Santiago
Santiago

As an HRIS Namely is as good as it gets. Works out of the box but it does adapt to your...

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Pros

As an HRIS Namely is as good as it gets. After using many other platforms in the past, I can say that Namely provides an easy to use platform that works out of the box but offers a great deal of customization to fit your workflows. They are constantly releasing new features and improvements that are visible and useful with a support staff that is always ready to help.

Having HRIS, Payroll and Benefits in one place and dedicated client rep and dedicated benefits rep is definetely hard to beat.

Cons

Integration between payroll and HRIS is a work in progress that still needs work. I am confident they will continue to improve it moving forward.

Allison

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Pros

Namely is easy to use. I highly recommend using all options for a true integrated experience - HRIS, Payroll, Benefits & Time. It has definitely enabled our small People Ops team be able to support our company's rapid growth. It has a great user interface for our employees. Namely is constantly adding new features and improvements, which shows me they are constantly looking to adapt their product to the needs of their customers.

Cons

Namely is very much "self-service", which can be great if you have the answers and the knowledge. However, there are some drawbacks with payroll, which can often provide tax & regulatory challenges. Getting a hold of the right person when we have detailed payroll questions, can sometimes be difficult.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Namely

At the time, Bamboo did not offer a Payroll integration, among other reasons.
Emily

Adequate product for the price

Reviewed on 22/09/2022

I personally would not partner with Namely in the future, but it worked well enough for the 1 year+ that we had it.

Pros

We decided to go with Namely because it worked well with Germany, and we are an international company. It is unfortunately very difficult to find a product that works well in both Germany and US, since Germany is not a 1st tier country (like Spain, France, England). Germany also has very specific compliance and protocols in place. This was a number 1 feature to us, as well as the price point.

Namely also had relatively simple reporting, we were always able to get what we needed.

Cons

Performance reviews were quite bad (from both an administrative and user standpoint), no ability to plan compensation within the system, difficult to set up work flows and difficult customer service (not able to just chat with someone, needed to email and create a ticket and wait for a response), organization chart was not set up well, work flows were not as simple as they could have been (ie a workflow for managers to be involved when someone was onboarded - had to be entirely manual).

Bob and Personio

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Namely was better for the German side of our business

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you feel Namely wasn't the right solution for your company and apologize for your negative experience. We will be sure to relay your feedback and suggestions to our Product team.

Toni
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Namely Software

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pros

I love the ability to have all of my onboarding forms in one place. Employees are able to electronically sign and eases the onboarding process.

Cons

The feature that I like the least is the benefits process. The last two years I have had problems with registering new employees with the insurance and it seems like I end up doing the registration myself so the employees can get their insurance.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has been able to offer you onboarding features that best fit your company.

Elizabeth

A Great Company that is Always Improving

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Pros

We love the onboarding system, it makes everything very easy and automated! We also really appreciate the way Namely takes feedback and acts upon it. They release new features and products every quarter and the releases really are what the customers are looking for. The company is always looking to improve and grow which we really value.

Cons

We have had difficulty with the Namely Time feature, it gets confusing for employees and sometimes there are issues with information syncing between the two systems.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to continue enhancing our platform and your overall client experience.

Amber

Needs more work

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

I have only been using Namely since the end of May 2019. I am hoping that as time goes on it will become easier to navigate, but at this time I am not enjoying the move.

Pros

I like the idea of only having to use 1 program to manage employee timekeeping, payroll and benefits.

Cons

This program has not been an easy transition nor has it been easy learn. One of my biggest issues with Namely is the process of inputting new hires. They call it Onboarding, and the new hire has to have an email or you have to setup one for them. Once you have completed the onboarding process then you have to go through many different screens to finish the setup, and then wait for the system to catch up and generate an employee ID so they can start clocking in/out on the time clock. I have found that if I do this in the morning, the employee ID is not issued until end of day. The old program I used I could setup the new hire in 10 minutes and have them clocking in and out right away. Clocking in/out for team members has been a struggle too because it does take a lot of time and if you have more than one person attempting to clock in/out for their shift, someone is always late or ends up with a missed punch because of all the "ok"'s they have to hit. If they miss the last "ok" it does not record their punch.

Rachel
  • Industry: Entertainment

Very helpful!

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

The Namely team has been incredibly helpful from day 1. They took ample time to walk our team through the entire process and trained us up. They anticipated our needs and questions all along the way.

Pros

With Namely, we have been able to make all of our HR files secure and digital.

Cons

I love everything about Namely. My only wish is that they integrated with a larger list of other softwares.

TriNet Zenefits and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Namely was easier to use and more user-friendly. Their customer support is top-notch!

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our user-friendly platform has enabled your company to go digital. Additionally, we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed working with our Pod Service Team, as it was designed to provide our clients with top-notch support.

Cristin
  • Industry: Military

Namely Review

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Amazing. Timely. Professional. Helpful. Friendly.

Amazing. Timely. Professional. Helpful. Friendly.

Pros

HRIS system is easy to manage and understand. Our employees like the feed. Love the customer service - they are super helpful and friendly. Love eSig.

Cons

I don't like Namely Time. I wish it was more straightforward to use. I also wish that Namely had a background check integration providers. I wish there was a built in ATS system.

Gusto and Rippling

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Ultimately because of your customer support system. It gives me confidence to use your product.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that our customer support team helps give you confidence when using Namely. As for your pain points, we will be be sure to relay them to our Product team.

Leon
Leon
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy and sustainable.

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

Namely is simple and easy to use, it requires a few improvements that seem to be coming soon. It still has some glitches that need an urgent fix, but with the few conversations I've had with the Customer Support team, I can tell that Namely will greatly improve in future versions.

Pros

It is a straightforward and easy to use software, the user interface is the simplest one in the market of HR Management tools. It is a good example of the Integration between Payroll and HR Systems, and might be useful in the Linkbuilding bussiness with a few enhancements and addons.

The Customer Service is great and the people involved are very kind and competent.

Cons

The customization of the processes is not easy to implement, and tends to be tiresome, and in many cases it slows down the navigation.

It is currently lacking a proper auto-sync feature.

It does not have the E-signature feature for current employees.

The performance management module has a complicated nature.

There could be a better integration between the HR and the Payroll modules. As I explained in the Pros, it is easy to use but it could be highly improved in terms of pragmatic functionalities over the user friendly interface.

Trinity
Trinity

Excellent Solution for SMBs and Scaling Companies

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

The best parts about using Namely is their excellent support+success team and the constant growth that they are experiencing which results in frequent updates that make my job easier. Having a fully integrated solution has saved me an abundance of time. The ease of integration with the HRIS tool is great for scaling companies that use a variety of products to function but want one-source-of-truth. Reporting capabilities in both HRIS and Payroll are detailed and have gained the stamp of approval from Finance and HR.

Pros

-Excellent customer support.
-One stop solution for HRIS, Payroll, and Benefits.
-Very customizable for different use cases.
-Constant and reliable product updates and roadmap.

Cons

-Document storage is not robust
-While the tool is very customizable, it is a slight learning curve to master the smaller details.

Hamid

Payroll Management Software, marketed as total HR management

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

We initially chose Namely in order to outsource / automate more of our total HR management and Namely had positioned themselves as total HR management. While the payroll onboarding, setup and execution was relatively easy, it was quite painful to set up and distribute HR policies or get any substantive value from the additional HR consulting that we had paid for. At the end, when we realized that some of our state quarterly taxes had not been properly filed or submitted, we chose a different platform.

Pros

Payroll setup and management was simple to setup and run for each pay period.

Cons

The service was not reliable for tax preparation, and failed to submit our state taxes in some states.

Shakira

Namely: An HR Dream or Nightmare?

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

The software is best/perfect for businesses on a smaller scale. Once the business expands, time to look for as better and more equipped software.

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate. The software is very basic; nothing to hard to understand about it. It is also very effective when completing most HR/payroll duties. The software is very organizational; everything stays and is kept in its place. Also the software can act as DocuSign to accurately sign pertinent documents.

Cons

The customer support is very mediocre and should be worked on. The layout/format could be more innovative, cutting-edge, and definitely updated. The integrations can be more advanced as well.

ADP Workforce Now and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Namely was a suggested software; the software is used seldom and has been replaced by ADP.
Ralitsa
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Overall review

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pros

Namely is easy to navigate for the admins and our employees. The social aspect that everybody can share on the dashboard is great. Payroll service is also very satisfactory. Customer service improved from an year ago. We have received fast and helpful responses to our inquiries. Benefits management in the system is also intuitive. We had smooth last Open Enrollment.

Cons

One of the features that I wish to improve is the Namely Time reporting. Majority of our employees are hourly so when we are looking for reporting on the hours worked the reports are not robust and involves lots of time cleaning to get to the information you need. PTO tracking for hourly and salary and reporting it could be better and less confusing.
Another feature I wish to improve is the Namely Benefits as a broker. We had signed up previously but then ended up with another broker as many errors occurred in our benefits management and lack of commutation with our broker. File feed management during open enrollment could improved also.

UKG Pro, TriNet Zenefits and ADP TotalSource

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that both you and your employees find Namely's platform user-friendlyespecially with payroll services.

Susan
  • Industry: Research

Namely Allowed HR to Scale

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Streamlining all of our onboarding and reviewing.

Streamlining all of our onboarding and reviewing.

Pros

Namely is used as our HRIS and payroll system. I has an onboarding module that was incredibly helpful in digitizing our entire onboarding system and allowing all the info to flow into HRIS and payroll. The EE review feature has also streamlined our review process

Cons

The implementation required heavy lifting to present our data into a Namely prescribed spreadsheets. I wished there were better mapping that would have required more on Namely's part. (2) some of the place holding features that exist in payroll are not available on the HRIS side. Ex: if I want to view deductions for many EEs I can go the deduction location and click through and easily view one EEs info after another. If I want to do the same within HRIS I cannot. So there are many, many clicks required to accomplish the same task.

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Namely has streamlined your HR processes, like onboarding and performance reviews.

As for implementation, we truly apologize for your experience. In 2019, we recognized that gathering required data was a huge lift and burden for some of our clients, so we introduced Data Services as a solution. Clients who utilize Data Services work directly with a Namely consultant to pull the necessary data from their current system. The Namely consultant then works to ensure the data is formatted properly for import, giving our clients more time to focus on other pieces of implementation and providing them with a more seamless experience.

As for the place holding features on the HRIS side, we will relay your feedback to our Product team. Thank you!

Mary Beth

Namely HR Software

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Our staff is very pleased with Namely - it saves them time completing performance appraisals. Plus they have their information at their fingertips and can quickly make a change of address right there instead of sending an email to all who needs to know.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. It reminds me most of Facebook. Pretty user-friendly.

Cons

We have a lot of "special circumstances". Some are harder than others to incorporate into this software. We have workarounds for most of them and we have changed some of our procedures to fit within the Namely parameters.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Namely

Sage HRMS

Reasons for Switching to Namely

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your employees enjoy using our platform.

Christine
  • Industry: Publishing

Namely - Great for HR, Payroll, and Employees

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

We signed up for Namely in the Fall of 2014. We started with the HRIS and benefits for just flex spending. Being in HR, it was wonderful to be able to customize Namely's platform to include the data that we wanted to track and provide. For employees, it was a game changer because they now had access to information they had never had before (such as a clear salary and bonus history). In January 2015 we launched payroll with two of our smaller entities. Employees found Namely easy to log into and the paystubs were clear and easy to read. In the Fall of 2015 we added all of our benefits into Namely and did our full open enrollment. It was amazing for both employees and HR. HR loved that there was no paper to track and it was easy to see where everyone was in regard to the open enrollment process. Employees appreciated being able to log in from anywhere and how easy the system was to navigate. We also started using the Onboarding feature and it has saved employees and HR so much time. Now, employees are able to fill out all of their new hire and benefits information before their start date. We've seen the turnaround time decrease dramatically! All around, Namely has been extremely helpful for employees, HR, and payroll. And, if anyone asked, I would absolutely recommend Namely!

Pros

I love how customizable Namely is.

Cons

They haven't rolled it out yet but, I'm excited to be able to report on any and every field in Namely in one report and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to do document signing for current employees one day.

TC
  • Industry: Government Administration

Namely 2020 Review

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

It has been overall pretty smooth and very easy to use and track things.

It has been overall pretty smooth and very easy to use and track things.

Pros

We love the fact that it has the social media piece to it for internal posting of events and encouragement and recognition. The product is great due to the ability to utilize it via the app as well.

Cons

We would like to be able to upload videos. At times when updates are made, it changes things that give us a bit of a problem until we figure it out. With the benefits, it would be nice to be able to put in a beneficiary and not have to retype it over and over. We can use the dependent field, but then it looks like the person is a dependent instead of just a beneficiary

Response from Namely

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed interacting with your employees on our platform. As for uploading videos and inputting beneficiaries, we will be be sure to relay your feedback to our Product team.

Kassidy

Transition from Zenefits to Namely, couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

We transferred HRIS from Zenefits to Namely and we couldn't be happier. From the beginning, the implementation managers were concise, responsive and thorough in setting expectations, providing a clear roadmap and answering all questions. Our Account Manager has exceeded all expectations with his detailed knowledge of all of Namely's products, acute attention to detail, responsiveness and awesome personality.

Namely's product fits our company of 84 (we were 54 when we made the transition). Their on-boarding feature is so customizable and user friendly, we were able to consolidate our on-boarding process and automate a lot of moving pieces. We have launched performance reviews and employee engagement surveys using the performance tools and are big fans of the process and capabilities. Namely's performance tool has the capability of pulling established goals into each performance review which makes it extremely easy to track performance and goal attainment.

The reporting feature is awesome because we can go in and run any type of report we need to where as in Zenefits, not all of the data was readily available to run a self report, it was funneled through the account manager.

We use a variety of Namely's products but we are most impressed with the level of communication Namely provides. From our Account Manager to Namely's Product team, the communication is constant. It is obvious the internal communication within Namely is very positive and fluent - our Account Manager asks for feedback on features and it is clear the feedback is relayed to the Product and Eng teams.

Overall, we made the right decision to transition and are extremely happy with this service/product.

Dena
  • Industry: Human Resources

Would choose Namely if evaluating vendors again

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Namely has been a great decision for our company that wanted to house Payroll, Benefits and HRIS under one roof. We selected them due to the ease of use of the platform for the site administrators as well as our employees and felt they would be able to meet the needs of our growing company. The service that Namely's staff has provided is great. If evaluating vendors for another company, I would choose to select and implement Namely again.

Pros

The platform is very easy for employees and site admins to navigate. It's intuitive. It promotes self-service so employees can update their personal information, with an easy click they can request and their manager can approve PTO, they can easy view important company information (employee handbook, their w2, summary plan descriptions, etc). Once set up, onboarding new hires is super easy and quick and done within the Namely system. The mobile app is easy to use. We love that our distributed workforce can view their co-workers birthdays and work anniversaries and we can disseminate info via the facebook like newsfeed. It helps everyone feel more connected even though they are spread out around the country.

Cons

They are still working to auto-sync some remaining fields from the HRIS to payroll side of the platform (like EEOC/Job Category and Ethnicity info) for easy EEO-1 reporting.

Titus
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Best all-in-one system for small/mid-size companies

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

They took on our benefits brokerage services in the middle of a renewal season when we were struggling with an unreliable broker we've had for years. They came in and negotiated down rates for us, set up new plans, working with our insurance carriers and got us everything ready in time for open enrollment. Unbelievable effort - Namely hires outstanding talent and their benefits team works wonders!

Pros

Aside from having every tool an HR/Payroll dept needs integrated and working together, the best part about Namely is their customer service. Each client has an individual client partner instead of an 800 number and a case ID. That's made all the difference - instead of going thru prompts and re-describing the problem to a different CSR each time you call in, your partner knows you and your company and always responds quickly. Outstanding customer focus!

Cons

Nothing, they're exactly what we were looking for and more. If I were looking for a new system, I would implement Namely again.

Mike

After one year in, the service remains amazing. Keep it up Namely!

Reviewed on 17/02/2016

Checking in after a full year of using Namely and still extremely happy with their solution and service team. My account manager Jonathan Velez is simply put, AWESOME! It's obvious that others there are seeing the same level of satisfaction with Namely, but I can also vouch that after one year in, the service remains amazing. Keep it up Namely!

My favorite feature of Namely is easily the design and functionality. The "social-media...esque" feel of Namely makes it very easy to use, and our people (who are primarily Millennials) engage with it. We use several different applications on a daily basis, so having yet another tech tool for HR meant that we wanted to make it as friendly and accessible as possible for our team.

Companies spend so much on technology that never gets used, and Namely combats this perfectly with its smooth UI/UX. Finally, it's also very powerful, i.e., meaning that it doesn't lose functionality nor reporting capabilities due to it's ease of use. Namely to HR is akin to Tesla to Automotive!

Our company has grown substantially in the last year, and we wanted to set up a solid HRIS foundation to support future growth. Namely has allowed us to keep all HR data centralized and secure, while also automating our performance review cycle. Namely truly supports my role as an HR Department of ONE! So I might be pretty biased ;)

Namely Pros
Namely provides an easy-to-use platform for HRIS that increases engagement for users. They totally understand what I believe many people feel is frustrating about enterprise-level HRIS/HRM systems, and completely combat those aspects.

Namely balances the soft and beautiful UI with very robust and powerful reporting and functionality. If you need to run any report, you can customize to extreme levels of detail.
Namely integrates all tactical HR processes in one platform! They have a solid payroll bureau, benefits admin, and a performance management tool that allows features and benefits which are typically only found in stand-alone solutions.

Finally, Namely has insanely great customer service! A very Zappos-esque approach to service delivery, all the way from initial pre-sales to implementation, to daily use and maintenance.

Cindy

Going to shop for a new system in 2019

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Our service rep lacks the knowledge to assist with our issues. Integrated feeds to benefits providers take over 6 months to complete AND that is with a LOT of follow up on our part. The "cool" interface is not worth the headache on the back end.

Pros

User interface for employee population is good. They've made some strides in the analytics function - however, they are going to charge for this.

Cons

Service is unresponsive and not helpful. Payroll and HRIS do not talk with each other. Reporting is not intuitive and requires excel skills to combine reports from payroll and the HRIS. NO good reporting on compensation. Feeds to vendors randomly stop working and without follow up on our side, no one at Namely would notice. We have received inaccurate information from our rep and from the service team. For one payroll this year they forgot to take out the Federal Taxes. What vendor does that?

Alex

Namely is easy to use and great for what we've needed it for

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Their success and support teams are incredible and the platform is really easy to use and our employees like it!

Really like working with them.

Pros

We are a high growth company and do a lot of new hire onboarding. Namely's onboarding tool makes it super easy for us to send new employees their paperwork, build their profile, and then manage any updates or changes as they become employees. I love that there's a feature that automatically changes their permissions to what we set once they start.

They also make it really easy for us to create workflows that employees can request when it comes to making any updates and it keeps it on record. We use it as our source of truth within the company and it's analytics are FIRE.

Cons

I think it's hard to rehire someone on the platform (doesn't happen often, but if that's a frequent thing you run into, you need to create some work arounds in terms of custom fields or resetting their hire date).

Jaclyn

Truly dislike this product

Reviewed on 05/01/2019

Pros

UI appears to be easy to look at for employees.
Analytics finally improved out of beta.
I honestly have nothing else good to say.

Cons

Everything?
We we sold a full price beta product in July 2017. Implementation, bugs, carrier feeds taking months. Overall, a nightmare. Of the dozens of Namely employees I have had contact with, I believe 3 are still with the company?

They are charging the same high price but decreasing their service level to downright awful. Email request response can take days or not get a response at all. Or multiple reps respond with DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS!? Calling is a ten minute hold time. They are decreasing their service levels by the day, pushing payroll tax maintence back to the customer, I have been without a dedicated CSM for two+ months now.

I cannot wait to be done with this contract and this product.

• Industry: Events Services

HR Game Changer!

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Pros

Clean look & easy to use (for admins & employees).
Truly an all in one platform that makes HR's life much easier & more organized.
My favorite features are: payroll (it's a breeze), onboarding (drastically improved new hire experience & internal document storage), benefits administration (easy to use for admin & employees).
Constantly rolling out new products based on customer feedback!
Amazing and kind support team that is always available by phone and email for questions!

Cons

Like any HRIS, it takes time and a dedicated HR individual or team to get it up and running because it's so customizable. The pay off is well worth it though!