Clover

Comprehensive point of sale & business management solution

3.5/5
3.8/5
4.0/5
3.3/5

474 Reviews for UK Users

Madison
Madison
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Use in my small businees

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Clover has been an excellent option for taking payments in my stores.

Pros

My coffee shop uses clover devices as our POS system. The software is convenient and easy to place in a store. It features many apps that make it applicable to nearly any market. They also have many accessories- the main one we use are the receipt printers (small and regular size), the handheld tablet, and the customer interface screen.

Cons

Over time the clover tablets do slow down. We frequently reboot them to rev up the speed.

Gordon
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Needed a new Payment Processor and they killed it

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Customer service has been great to work with. The integration with my website was beyond simple which is what I need running a 2 person business.

Pros

The ease of which I was able to set up an account for my business and integrated it into my website was astonishing. Most people think of clover as a POS system but I primarily use it on the back side of my website and needed the option for a mobile POS. They have it both.

Cons

The cost of equipment that is needed to use this software as a POS is a bit daunting. There are different levels of equipment, but they are all a little pricey.

Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Clover

The need for payments to run through my website and at my new storefront without having multiple processors.

PayPal Commerce Platform
Katie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

WORST NIGHTMARE EVER

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

HORRIFIC. If 10 people call 10 people get different rates, there is no set.Pricing is a complete scam.Stay away from this it is horrible

Pros

Nothing!!! Horrible in every way. Customer service terrible

Cons

THEY LIED ABOUT MONTHLY RATE. GOT OUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION WRONG. NEVER GOT OUR FUNDS

REBECCA
  • Industry: Automotive

TAP AND GO!

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

GREAT, I HAVE NO REAL COMPLAINTS, I USE IT EVERY DAY!

GREAT, I HAVE NO REAL COMPLAINTS, I USE IT EVERY DAY!

Pros

SUPER QUICK AND EASY TO ACCEPT PAYMENTS, EVEN GOOGLE PAY AND APPLE PAY

Cons

PUTTING IN THE RECEIPT PAPER IS A LITTLE TRICKY SOMETIMES, CAUSE IT WILL GET SIDEWAYS.

Michelle

Simple to set up and configure. Simple to use. Flexible reporting options. Decent Support.

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Clover simplified payment processing for us with easy to use devices and flexible reporting options.

Pros

Our overall experience has been great. The Clover portal is simple to set up and devices are easy to configure. Clover devices are wireless and easy for staff to use, with good user level security and flexible reporting options. We have had no issues with the devices or the service since going live.

Cons

If there is any WiFi interferance the devices can disconnect from the internet and prevent payment processing, this is not a Clover issue though.

Nakesha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Definately Worth It

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Fewer people are using cash which means there has to be a way to process credit cards. I was able to accept credit card and deposit it directly into my savings account.

Pros

I was not initially interested in using credit card for my small practice but I mus admit it made life easier. It was easy to set up and customer service was very helpful. Even if the card is not present you are easily able to process payment.

Cons

It was super easy to use. The only thing I would like to see is the ability to save credit card access for future use.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Clover

I wanted easy access to my cash, fee was reasonable and being able to have an actual card swipe.
Briana
  • Industry: Hospitality

Overpriced, poor customer service

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

I wouldn't recommend Clover to any business owner. We tested it out for about a month and are not able to access reports that we need - they disappeared with no notice - and the customer service is horrific. They just keep sending me links to their website, but not helping get the reports. And they are really rude. The reason we decided against Clover is because every little thing you need as a business owner is additional money - to get it to talk to any of your accounting software, to have a mailing list, etc.- and it just doesn't do what you need. You can't have tax included in your price, only add on to it. You can't give a 100% discount on a ticket without it charging tax on the original cost (who charges tax on $0.00?). The iPhone app to see reporting for what's happening when you're away from your business is incredibly clunky. Overall it's a terrible user experience. There are loads of better options out there.

Pros

Honestly, we really didn't like anything about Clover from the start - we hoped we would get used to it + like it, but it's pretty terrible.

Cons

Inability to include tax with the price, poor UX on the mobile dashboard app, terrible customer service, third-party apps to connect to accounting software are expensive and don't always deliver, high price for low value.

Karen

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

Pros

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Cons

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Clover

because of the swiping capability which does not exist on Stripe
Steven

My Take on Clover

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

My overall experience with Clover is very nice and pleasant because I do enjoy using Clover and I am grateful for Clover as part of my life today,

Pros

I do enjoy and I am grateful for Clover. I do because Clover is a nice way to get points and it is a reward system when you go get points, check in, and get deals/promos with restaurants and cafes. I like when you can get the ability to order and pay for your food and drinks.

Cons

I wish for some restaurants to expand and be open to Clover for nice deals, promos, and rewards to give back to customers for sure since at the end of the day, support is the key for support.

Chris
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy to use POS system

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Pros

It is very easy to set up and physically looks good.

Cons

At times the handheld unit feels clunky.

Amanda

Do not use Clover if you own a salon/spa/massage business ! Absolutely awful

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

I can not believe the absolute horrible customer service. No call backs, no answers, no help what so ever! I can't use the program in the most critical time of business. (right before Christmas) I am just blown away at how awful and time consuming this has become. It is literally slowly destroying my business.

Pros

When we first contacted clover we had two specialists. Both of which helped set everything up in a super easy process.

Cons

After about 4 months, both of the people that we had contact with either left, or were fired. We have not received any help from customer service since.

Booker and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Credit Card Processing fees were way too high. We needed a program that would allow us to bump those fees on to the consumer.

MassageBook

Reasons for Switching to Clover

We liked the way the program and system looked on paper. Not having any idea that we were going to fall in to so many issues. Credit card fees are not being applied, gift card application is not working, website integration is awful, and no help from anyone to resolve these issues.
David

An out of the box solution that works well for small business

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

Clover is an excellent and good looking choice for a small to medium size business in need of a reliable and cost effective solution. You will be pleased as I have been. The system offers quite a bit of integrations and once implemented you will be amazed at the power of this system. I wish we could have linked all stores together but we were only allowed three machines to link per location. Overall, an excellent POS!

Pros

I was in search for s POS for three thrift stores my nonprofit operated. The old cash register no longer fits the internal control environment and a switch was desperately needed. After researching multiple platforms I opted for Clover. The others were simply too expensive and too complex for our needs. The Clover system worked brilliantly and continues to power the sales desk at all three stores. Each store has three registers and we were able to link the three to the main server to aggregate totals for each store. Sales increased and customer satisfaction went up as well. Clover has a host of apps to integrate including inventory management, time and attendance, markdowns, and a customer loyalty program which was a hit with our customers. The Clover system is truly a remarkable POS for the price of entry. The sleek modern look keeps the cash wrap looking clean and updated. The Digital receipt and signature has cut down on paper waste and makes us feel like we are doing out part to create less stress on the environment. Overall this is a simple and powerful solution that powers millions in annual retail sales for the organization.

Cons

The one setback is the operating system is Android. I find Android to be clunky and prone to security threats. We had to ensure we had it on a secure network and well protected by firewalls. Additionally it took some time to learn the system. Disclaimer- we operated on a complete iOS ecosystem until we bright on Clover. So not a big setback just more learning.

Mark

Business Owner

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

Terrible experience. Zero help from anyone. Just to cancel was an act of congress. If I could avoid a company, in any business, doing anything, I would avoid Clover.

Pros

Nothing. Unless you like add-on fees that you don't get from other processors, avoid Clover.

Cons

Never ending erroneous fees. Zero help from customer service to explain and/or dispute. Customer service spoke with broken English and NEVER helped a situation. Clover called something "Quarterly PCI charge" and would charge whenever, bi-monthly. They just drafted the money when they wanted. Deal breaker was they came up with a "Security Bundle Fee" of $299. No one at customer service could explain what it was and there was not getting out of it. I cancelled account and after account was closed, they still drafted the following month. Clover is the worst processing company.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

Reviewed on 25/09/2022

Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Pros

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Cons

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Pricing and hardware

SalesVu

Reasons for Switching to Clover

POS hardware pricing sale.
Lawrence
  • Industry: Wholesale

Customer Service

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Pros

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Cons

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Update
Simon
  • Industry: Food Production

Poor software and a false advertising to pull new customers.

Reviewed on 27/08/2023

Fun at first, but slowly becoming the worst experience I have ever had with a POS system.

Pros

Nice clean design. Lots of promises that weren't met.

Cons

Their customer service will inform you that they will not give you new terminals despite their failure to operate properly and regardless of their "hassle free exchange policy".Software glitches are abundant and rampant throughout the device. Chase systems although ugly were far more stable and reliable.

Chenna

Clover for restaurants

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Kelly
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Cons

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Square Point of Sale and Shopify POS

Square Point of Sale and Shopify POS
Morgan

no! D O N T even try to use this product/service.

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

EXTREMELY POOR. I did everything I could to get the needed support and assistance, and NO ONE was available or able to assist. After several attempts, the BBB will receive the final review and complaint.

Pros

It seemed promising, but nothing was as it seemed at the time of purchase.

Cons

No Customer service, or support.Unable to contact anyone associated with the company.Repeat billing for services and equipment MONTHS after closing account. No way to fix this situation since no one is at the company working.WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND to anyone outside restaurants.The equipment is account, and sales person proprietary...if you would like to sell it or pass it forward to another business person, that is a WASTE of TIME: It is not allowed since your equipment and services are linked to the original sales person only and are not transferable.

Michelle
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Clover is the lead merchant in 2021

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

I have had an incredibly positive experience with Clover. I have even called their support system before and the representatives were friendly and efficient. I spoke to a live representative rather quickly who was informed and able to help me. I would give this product a 10/10 easily.

Pros

I love the tap feature. During covid, our dental office has tried to take every precaution to limit the spread of covid-19. Clover has a tap feature so that our staff does not have to handle patient's credit cards which limits exposure. Many major debit and credit cards have this feature and users just do not know! Look for the symbol that has 4 lines on your card and try it sometime! It is very fast and effective! We are also able to email or text a receipt (in addition to printing) so that there is less "touching" and passing involved.

Cons

There is truly nothing that I dislike about this software. If I was forced to answer this question, maybe I could say that the swipe option sometimes needs to be run more than once because it does not read the swipe on the first try; however, 99% of cards use the chip insertion feature anyway!

Matt
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reporting inconsistent, support is minimal, labor scheduling is good.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016

Pros

Homebase app is excellent for labor scheduling. Homebase allows us to add new employees, build their roles and add availability for each employee. Then when our schedule is completed, we can text out each employees individual schedules to their cell phones.

Cons

Downtime is frequent, support is minimal, reporting is inconsistent. Clover is a young and sleek POS, but their hardware is run on wifi and can continuously crash or fail to process tickets from the tablets. I understand that turning tables is faster in theory with electronic cloud based technology, but when a server must stand in front of a table and have difficulty modifying the order because of so many screens to touch through and new screens to load (and buffering is an issue at times), the 'speed' is lost. In addition to hardware issues (printer dying in the middle of dinner rush), the reporting is confusing and not helpful. Where is the daily sales summary? We pay our servers' credit card tips out through net cash sales and there is no way to track this in Clover. We use QuickBooks Online for accounting, and to "reduce data entry" QuickBooks works with Clover through a third party app called CommerceSync, another inconsistent tool. All in all, if you have a problem with anything listed above, and you call for support, you will be greeted with suggestions of other third party apps to buy to fix the problems.. these are not solutions, they are just ways for Clover to make more money.

Chinweikpe
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Untrustworthy

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Signed up with this company in March this year, what they said is not what they did;

the amount...

the amount of
hidden fees this company has is truly disturbing,
not to leave out when I complained they
waved off nearly half of what they claimed I owed
them, not to leave out they have an answer for
every discrepancy one can mention.
I told them that I no longer trusted their company
for taking card payments, disconnected them
from taking payments from my bank,
disconnected the machine & went back to
using SUM UP who have no hidden fees & are
actually for businesses not out to daylight
robbery them. I have since spoken to a
number of merchants using clover to take
card payments & they also spoke if being
charged extortionate figures that were not in
the contract, I've told them to use SUM UP or
any other truly no hidden fees company to
take card payments. Since I went back to
using SUM UP my business is thriving again. If
you want a TRULY successful business DO
NOT USE THIS COMPANY TO TAKE CARD
PAYMENTS Clover then asked me for the bank
details of the bank that I was using which they
had no access to & I told them no & that I was
d going to write a review of how much if a
nightmare & a scam I found them to be.

This is the review.

Pros

The cons of using Clover far outweighs the pros, all I recall is what a nightmare the company turned out to be for my business.

Cons

The internet kept on ceasing despite it working perfectly fine for the first month, they I had to keep signing in, & there was nothing wrong with the internet, but that’s not my problem with the company.

Jessica
  • Industry: Automotive

Clover is the best in the market!

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

We have been using clover the entire time I've been with the company and it works great. It's super convenient and makes checking out customers fast and easy!

Pros

The new handheld device makes processing payments fast and easy. The device can be moved to each desk and throughout the dealership and take it to the customer for convenient invoicing. The customer can sign directly on the screen or we can hand the device to the customer to securely and privately enter their passcode.

Cons

The only thing I would like to change is that the signature print out on the receipt! I think adding that would be a great option.

Arif
  • Industry: Wholesale

Clover customer support is pathetic

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

Very Bad

Very Bad

Pros

terminal features only, Android app works well, easy to use

Cons

Clover support is a piece of garbadge, we had the machine since last 3 years, this time the payments were not deposited, we were told that [sensitive content hidden] Suppervisor will call back in 24 hrs to 48 hrs, but its been almost 2 weeks, no one called, neither our payments were deposited or clear, i called 8 times, & i was kept on hold for many hours, then i tried live chat, & was not replied, they are suppose to call back & solve our issue, but no response, very disappointed, very pathetic services, will never recomend,

Tim
  • Industry: Hospitality

Not Fit to Handle Hospitality Industry

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable
Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support,...

Pros: inexpensive, intuitive, malleable
Cons: wrong fit for hospitality, horrible support, horrible crisis management

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to train, while it has many lacking elements that would be essential to any other hospitality POS there are easy work arounds. Handheld devices are good.

Cons

The entire support and technical team is unfit to handle the hospitality industry. They are completely unaware and seemingly unconcerned about the issues that your staff on the floor must tackle with their system. It's painfully obvious a roomful of engineers comes up with forced changes that adversely effect their entire client base without an ounce of understanding the impact of the changes they make. I and others I know that use clover have said many times, if any of them had worked on the floor for 5 minutes they would understand.