Samepage

4.8/5

Kim B.

All-in-one project management solution

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Very positive and their customer support team goes above and beyond my expectations.

Pros

I love the ease of use and being able to manage all of my team's communication all in one place. We create project plans, chat, share files, set up private communications with clients, and so much more.

Cons

It is hard to find something that I like least about Samepage. Since I've been using project management software for many years so the transition into using Samepage was easy for me. For newbies, there may be a steep learning curve at first to learn how Samepage manages content in teams instead of projects. Otherwise, I would say it was easy for me to get started with.

Carolyn S.

so simple to use

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Team members found this product particularly quick and easy to learn how to use.

Pros

- the free option meets most of our needs adequately
- love that the chat & audio/video calling is integrated

Cons

- no date stamp on when tasks are completed is the single biggest negative for us
- no ability to have parent/child tasks or sub-tasks and individualise deadlines on those sub-tasks or have a timeline, the alternatives are to either create multiple tasks for something that is actually just one task with multiple stages involving multiple people, or to juggle names on the personal assigned responsibility field... so choose between clutter or messiness :(
- no ability to quickly and easily export content to have a backup (with the free version, users can easily accidentally or intentionally cause huge damage)

Trello, Wrike and Zoho Projects

Reasons for Choosing Samepage

we had chosen Insightly for two features - task management and to generate progress reports, neither of which it did well for us... it wasn't worth it to retain paid subscriptions for the task management when Samepage does as well and we are now exploring options with another product for the reporting.

Insightly
Cheryl H.

Samepage platform enabled my organizational success as Project Manager for my company!!

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

I was hired on at my company to create a system to manage and track the flow of our construction projects & contracts. I needed exactly what samepage offered: a platform for organization, tracking, integration, and chat all in one. I am thrilled with the efficiency that I achieve using samepage as the software platform to perform my job and manage our company.

Pros

Samepage has all the features I need to operate as a manger of multiple large construction projects/contracts. The initial integration with existing business process was easy as I was able to customize pretty much everything to suit my organization's needs. Being a small business, I found it especially helpful to update as things shifted and expanded. An additional benefit was the great value for the cost.

Cons

Sometimes wish there was more color themes to brighten up the interface, but overall I greatly appreciate the clean & simple appearance.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Samepage

Did not have the features needed.

Reasons for Switching to Samepage

Had all the features I needed to operate as a manger of multiple large construction projects/contracts. Other alternative products either did not have the complete features needed or were over featured and not customizable enough.
Tom P.

A fantastic FREE team/project management tools

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Really great project management tool with brilliant features. Can take some getting used to though.

Pros

Samepage is an incredibly full-featured project/team management tool.

It has a lot of the same functionality as some of it's paid competitors like Asana or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] but Samepage also has a free version with the majority of features still intact

Cons

Doesn't feel or look as slick/intuitive as some of the competitors.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Samepage

Heard good things about Samepage and it had a lot of features that were paid on Asana for free.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Samepage

It has a lot of features that were paid on the competition for free.
Tracey D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excellent Software for our small business

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Samepage gives us the ability to "speak" privately in a small office, to work together on projects. We haven't made the most of it, as we have had various staff holidays, but will be using it much more in future.

Pros

Ability to have calendars for each project - really useful

Cons

Took a while to remember to change projects but that is a problem we have, not Samepage!

John C.

Easy to use collaboration software

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Some of our team members were using WhatsApp but not all (due to privacy concerns - we're based in Central Europe). Others were using Yahoo group mail. And we had no proper centralisation of files upon which we were working. Our ways of working and communicating was a mess (we're not for profit but still commercial - if we screw up then money is lost). Samepage very quick solved these problems to the extent that even our Luddites and techno-phones are using it. Our overall experience is very positive. As the instigator of using it and as the administrator I found it so easy to set up. I also appreciate the fast and fulsome responsiveness of samepage to any feedback I give.

Pros

Almost everything - in particular how it channelises (is that a word? Puts into channels) chats - rather than having a continuous stream (as per WhatsApp etc.). It's great how it can be quickly set up for a non-profit and then tailored as our thinking on how to use it develops.

Cons

Sometimes the video quality isn't as good as the competitors' (the company quickly responded to my feedback about that and I understand why) but for small numbers it's good enough - and being able to quickly call someone is great.

Mohammad N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Feedback

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

It consolidate all of my business idea, project works, at one place with all the document, chats, etc. this is super. everything is one place

Pros

the ability to chat based on pages and even based on key word in the page. this is very interesting for me.
the ability to open the file in my computer, work on it and publish it back to server by just saving the file in the software
the ability to import any type of file in the body of page

Cons

the hierarchy of team and sub team. I would happy if it gives me the ability to first define a project or and idea then add the team. everything is being started with shaping a team
another point is that the main page of the software is not very good. I would prefer to have a clear and easy dashboard. I am not happy with this.

Keith Y.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Love this platform

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

For me it's about having one place to store everything about my customers

Pros

My usage is a little off-center of their typical user, I think, but it does just what I need it to. I facilitate meetings for different 'teams' of Executives. I'm not a big fan of paper or of having to email documents back and forth. Here I can create secure areas for each team where I can store profile info for each executive, track activity for each individual as well as for the team, store documents and even do chats and video calls. I can also interact with everybody across all teams if I want to. What I like most is the simplicity, intuitiveness and the list of 'objects' I can put on a page.

Cons

Hard to find something. I guess I'd like to be able to set access levels at the individual level for certain pages, documents, folders, etc. Possible that capability is out there and I haven't seen it .

Slack and Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Samepage

EAsier to get started, less expensive.
Laura C.

Virtual Board Meetings

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

No quorum needed! Getting the participation of our volunteer board of directors is tough. Getting them all on one conference call at one time is almost impossible. Samepage allows ALL board members to have keep up on all the latest issues, see the latest reports, voice their opinions/concerns and even cast an official vote - whether they can make it to a specific BOD teleconference or not. The transparency/record left behind as an issue is "dealt with/completed" is wonderful for referencing later.

Pros

Very intuitive and simple. I like that you can minimize options (like the chat thread) if it is distracting. I love that our group can work thru the check list of an agenda in real time, No looking for a downloaded copy or an email, its all right there. So board meetings can be done using our phones. Voting can be done prior (do not need to present at a teleconference to vote) and saved for the official record.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything that I dislike about Samepage. The developers really thought things thru. The learning curve for my non-tech savvy board members is mercifully brief.

Carol M.
  • Industry: Design

At last a project management tool that really works

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

We had problems with other project management products. We tried Slack and Trello and even just running things on WhatsApp - until we found Samepage.

Pros

The fact that it has everything covered to run a project. Chat, uploads, files, groups/individual communications... just everything.

Cons

Not a lot - it is very well thought out and haven't yet come across anything we don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Samepage

Because we just weren't getting on with the other tools. They were complicated and just confusing.

Reasons for Switching to Samepage

For the same reasons as above.
Lara A.

My search for perfect team collaboration is over

Reviewed on 06/10/2019

I am hard to impress. But samepage has made my life so much easier, I really would not be without it now. I use it daily to manage teams, sort tasks, add and work on documents, trial new members. I love it.

Pros

I absolutely love Samepage. I searched for literally weeks, going through everything I could find, to get the tools I needed at an affordable price. Price is critical to me as I am very small and also the features are vital. Trying to find software that a) is logical b) is affordable and c) is full of features is really hard. But samepage manages this.

Cons

I would like the calls to work a bit better (although I think this has improved in the last few weeks) and also I would like to have remote control option like you can on zoom. This would be ace. Also I would like to have ability to be able to open multiple browsers instead of only seeing one page at a time.

Slack, Smartsheet and Trello

Super feature rich! Free option Logical Good design

Super feature rich Free option Logical Good design
Jamie M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Samepage - Office Use

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

Overall, my experience with Samepage has been great! It makes planning meetings very efficient for our office.

Pros

What I like the most about Samepage is the ability to organize our meeting agenda's so they are easy to read and straightforward. I love that the layout is orderly, that we can add attachments, and we can use a consistent format. I also LOVE that we can select different colours and customize things.
Another pro is the Samepage Support crew. I have had a couple issues in the past, and Samepage Support has been fast acting, polite, and able to solve all my issues.

Cons

What I don't like about this software is having to add "page breaks" in order to use Presenter Mode. I am not a fan of page breaks and how it turns our agenda into a "slide show" type thing.
I also do not like the limited options to customize the page. There are only so many colours and fonts. Make it more like Microsoft word where you can blend your own colours and choose heading fonts, or regular fonts. Also, a format painter option would be wonderful.

Claire T.

SamePage has been a total gamechanger!

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

IT IS AMAZING.

Pros

As a writer I was forever sending emails with attachments to clients. My inbox was out of control and it was difficult to know where any project was up to.

SamePage has eradicated all of that. Each of my clients now has their own client portal which they have full access to. The chat function means they can message me 24/7 from their phone or pc. Real time editing and updating is amazing. Honestly, SamePage has completely changed my business and is saving hours of time and has improved client interaction beyond comprehension.

Cons

The only slight tweek I would make is to be able to easily change a guests role once they have been added, but this is a tiny niggle.

Carl B.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for keeping my high school robotics team all on the same page!

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Our team needed a replacement for Wiggio when they shut-down. We looked at various team management and group collaboration sites, and came across Samepage which, quite honestly, offered the best free options. After over 2 years of using Samepage, we are still very pleased.

Pros

Easy to use teams & sub-teams.
Easily customizable pages to organize upcoming events/projects.
Lots of file storage.
Easy to use mobile app.
GREAT customer service! Anytime you need some help, they are happy to work with you!

Cons

It can be a bit too easy for people to accidentally delete events and some page content. A little user training goes a long way to help this.
Event reminder notifications don't clear from the mobile app.

Kris N.

The Best Internal Corporate & External Collaboration Solution I have used.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016

I was amazed with this solution ability to support majority of my needs for internal corporate collaboration. We have tried to developed systems to help teams in the company to work better together. The company end up developing endlessly which is a huge mess and the cost of maintaining the hardware to run those solution. The SamePage is so flexible that we could customized without developer help on the fly. I think of an idea, I can start it with SamePage and then use as a major part of they way the company works together. If, it doesn't work I just delete it and start again.

The ability to limit access to certain personal and ability to add additional personnel at a later date was really good.

We have even extended the solution to allow non employees to use some part of conversation or work task.
We can work with partner and customer on the project allowing everyone to contribute to the project making for a more productive and less work.

This is a solution that will allows us to work with anyone from anywhere at anytime.

Pros

Everything it provides is just easy and simple.

Cons

The new format is not as easy to use at the Legacy Format

Christina M.

Great Aid for Board of Directors Management

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

Samepage has been very helpful with keeping our board members informed and up-to-date with our financials, meeting minutes, bylaws, and strategic planning progress. It's difficult and overwhelming to send out an email every time we want to share documents with the board. It's also easy to forget to include something if you have to save up a bunch of items to send just one email. Samepage allows us to upload things and simply send a quick chat and board members can reference at a time convenient for them.

Pros

- one central space to house documents to be accessed by folks from various organizations
- Free!, at least for non profits
- easy way to leave quick messages regarding specific documents
- calendar feature is nice for sharing across organizations

Cons

There are limited features in the free version, but I completely understand why that is. So, I don't know if it's necessarily a con.

Dan S.

The essential and go-to too for collaboration

Reviewed on 28/01/2016

I researched several other products and stopped when I found Samepage. It's wicked-easy to setup and manage, the tools are very powerful, and the customer support is out of this world. You get all of this for free, and when your needs grow beyond the generous no-cost version, you can get some pro features.
I was recently appointed as a co-chair for a special interest group. All members of the group are non-paid and located all over the country. It had a landing page with a some descriptive language and a listserv to keep the members informed of what it was doing. Unfortunately, it lacked true collaboration and buy-in from the members that comprised it.
In about 1 week, I've been able to restructure the group so that Samepage is the hub. Customer support contacted me shortly after signing up and offered to give me a walkthrough. Truth be told, I was very hesitant, but accepted the invite. We were on join.me for about 30 minutes, and I realized how much stuff I didn't know. The genius part of all this is it doesn't go away after you drop off the meeting. I've been asking questions as they pop up and getting immediate, solid answers. The customer support reminds me of a personal helpdesk tech--at no charge.
The customer support takes notes about the questions you ask. Sometimes it's a system limitation and other times it's just something I didn't fully understand or didn't know. I finally asked about their notes and I was told that they pass them off to the programmers to build in new ideas and improve the processes. From time to time, you'll just see more features pop up and other features enhanced. It's very cool; simple, powerful, and sophisticated. To top it all off, they have a smartphone app that looks amazing and is very functional. That's free too.
You'll never know unless you try it. Compare it to other systems and see how it stacks up. Same page is helping me move the needle.

Rex S.
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A powerful collaboration tool--not for the faint of heart!

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Overall, our workgroups fall into the Marketing realm and Samepage has been quite useful for the Creative Team. Archiving projects is easy for future reference. If you do have issues, support is top notch and response times are among the best of all the software packages we use.

Pros

It's quite versatile in how you set up your workgroups so spend some time thinking about those interactions. Reviewing a current map of how your workgroups interact will be useful as you move into Samepage. Understanding the storage options in Samepage is also a good topic for your planning.

Cons

In some respects, it's versatility can be intimidating for new users as there isn't really a single method for organizing teams, projects, and tasks. There are several ways up the mountain and some folks aren't comfortable with lots of choices.

Wallace T.

Samepage helps organising your life

Reviewed on 29/06/2019

It just makes everthing central without jumping from one app to another, which was what I did before using Samepage

Pros

Prior to using Samepage, I've been relying to multiple applications to manage and organise my personal life, incluing Todoist, Trello, Microsoft Outlook, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.

Samepage consolidate most of these apps into ONE product, and the fact that it's web-based, as well as running in mobile, tablet; make this a no-brainer winner for managing my personal life.

I would surely recommend this software to anyone, no matter it's for managing your personal life, to a small team or corporate.

It consolidates to-do-list, calendar, cloud drives, communication (text, voice, face-to-face video calls) and much more, as it can integrate with external apps. I would give it 6 stars if 5 stars is the max :)

Cons

There is really nothing I can think of, it's that good :)

Alex H.
  • Industry: Information Services

Easy migration

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

this wil lbe replacing out sharepoint site, quicker easier to use and fits our work flow

Pros

easy to use, good help files and simple interface

Cons

android settings for notifications were not obvious

WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Samepage

sharepoint was running to slow

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Samepage

this solution worked out of the box
Lileana C.

Sharing samepage

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

We are an alliance with 10 member agencies and emailing information constantly was not working as things would be overlooked. Samepage has given us the platform to share information live and our partner agency members can access it.

Pros

The ability to share the pages with external colleagues is so easy and convenient. I also enjoy the app, it looks exactly the same on my phone as it does on my desktop!!!

Cons

Having to purchase extra licensed in order to give one user access to multiple teams. It can get pricey when I want to share different teams with the same person.

Rachel W.

Finally Organized!

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

We use Samepage to keep our company events and internal action items organized. The main feature that sold us was the ability to create teams and subpages for all the different concurrent projects that we are working on. Now all relevant files, notes, and tasks are housed in their own page instead of pieced out in emails, calendars, and google drive. We no longer need to email updated documents since Samepage allows you to upload and modify a file directly from their servers.

Another great feature is the ability to invite outside collaborators without having to buy them a license. Our outside collaborators only work on specific projects for a short period of time, being able to include them in our planning phase without giving them access to other proprietary planning details is great!

Samepage is a great program for our project management needs.

Pros

Ability to upload and modify files so the most current version is available to everyone.
Subpages for different ongoing projects
Able to invite outside collaborators without having to buy an extra license

Cons

Milestones are the only entries added to the calendar. Being able to have tasks with deadlines added to the calendar (with a reminder) would be great.
Also, once a task has been completed or milestone date has passed, it would be nice to have the entry on the subpage archived to reduce clutter.

Neill G.

Samepage - Creative Collaboration Genius

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

For organisations or groups of individuals who are working to one outcome or goal, Samepage is a great communications solution.

Our organisation comprises multiple creative artists working at any time across the country or internationally on one large collaborative project. Each artist is contracted individually and it is extremely rare that we can all be in one place at the same time. Inter office discussions are limited. The silo'd nature of the project has led to a lot of email/text messaging and storage on multiple cloud based formats. The resulting mass of email and time/money lost in cc'd emails spreading unbounded became ridiculous. Samepage has solved this. Each artist came to the project with their individual choice of cloud storage and sharing. Samepage consolidated all of this in one simple place in which we share.

With it's ease of use through device chat, shared Team Pages, its video conference and page sharing capabilities, Samepage allows us to problem solve as if were are all working in one room - someone in the team throws an idea into the ring and we all respond immediately. Brilliant!
The features of Samepage grow month by month.

Best of all in our experience with Samepage has been the support given by their "Product Evangelist". The individual care to our needs in our use of Samepage is impressive. They WANT to know how we use their product and they want to know how it can be improved for our use. The follow-on tutorials around their new features are personable and intelligent. They want us to feel the ease of use of Samepage. And it works!

Their approach is unique and we feel that we aren't trying to get through to a help line in a giant corporation. The support service is human and extremely efficient. Thank you.

Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simplifies Collaboration Between Vendors and Clients

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

I was invited to use Samepage as a vendor for a client who was already using it with her end client. I went through the tutorials and picked it up quickly as I got familiar with it over a couple of days. I love the ease of use as a vendor with a subcontractor who has another level or two of clients. It's transparent for all of us and has greatly simplified what could have been messy collaboration and communication.

Pros

It does exactly what it says it will do: get all members of a team working on the same page. I love having a common space to communicate, store files, and share tasks and calendar.

Cons

While it's easy to add files to a page, it's impossible to tell which is the newest version if files are downloaded and re-uploaded or renamed. A date stamp would easily solve this problem. Automatic ordering of newest to oldest would be another way of keeping version history straight.

I also feel like messaging could be improved. Messages are shown in several places, and I'm always worried I'm going to miss an important one. I'd like to be able to prioritize messages so I'm not notified by every one--for instance, some notes are posted by the end client just for my boss's attention, and I don't need to see them.

Jeremy W.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Great product, great price, great experience. Must have for any executive trying to manage the...

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

I started using SamePage through recommendation from my business partner. I have never used something like this before as I just used email and such to coordinate with my company and customers. This software changes everything. I can set up a workspace where all my customers can be and communicate directly with them at any time. Confirming orders, restock reminders, general support and much more. The SamePage support staff is very responsive and takes the time to make sure all of the users on your team will be taught exactly how to get the most out of the software.

I have had a great experience with SamePage and would recommend it (I have already) to my clients for organized communication and direct customer support. All 5* ratings is not high enough praise, I wish I could give it more stars. The software app automatically updates and they take customer suggestions to make sure they keep up with the demands of their consumer base.

Thanks for a great experience!

Pros

I like the ability to build teams with my customers at no extra charge and allow a direct communication to be able to support and fulfill their needs. Nothing gets lost between the seats!

Cons

I have not found too much I do not like. There is not a common file storage area which I was told will be addressed sometime in the near future which will pretty much fix my cons.