iAuditor

iAuditor

Save time and effort by replacing paper based systems.

4.6/5 (81 reviews)
Elena T.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Thank You for Making My Job 10x Easier!

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

My role requires that I conduct several daily hygiene audits of areas like the kitchens, bars, and restaurants so as to score how well they are doing at adhering to our corporate standards. This tool allows me to conduct these audits much faster, it allows me to upload pictures and apply comments. I am also able to give the supervisor of the area a score of their performance and all the areas in which they fell short at the end of the audit. I am able to upload these audits in any format that I want, I usually choose PDF, so that I can easily email it to the heads of department. This software also allows you to keep track of your own performance by telling you how many audits you conduct within any given date period, how long you spend on each audit, the topmost failed items, etc. This has made my job 10 times easier! I am so happy with it!

Pros

How easy it is to create audit checklists and how convenient it is to use in actual, physical auditing.

Cons

There are no cons to this software in my opinion

John G.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

An Audit/Inspection Tool With Brains

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

The iAuditor customer service is exceptional. They were very responsive to my questions, when I was a newbie. That alone, was pretty impressive. But where they really came through was when they recently updated their template editor.

As mentioned above, I have become an iAuditor power user and I was told at the time of that editor update that my motorhome template was one of the largest templates in their system. When they updated the editor, they have not allowed enough storage space in the editor for such a large template. I should mention that I could still open and edit a new inspection, on either the Mac or iPhone. I just couldn't open the template, to make changes. I told them which template it was and within a very short time they got back to me and told me that it was in the memory allocation and they were working to resolve it. Within less than 24 hours from the time the issue was reported, they had resolved the problem - this in the middle of a major roll-out of a new tool. Wow! That's when I was really impressed. This is customer service that compares favorably with AppleCare.

The product just works. But when it doesn't, like during that editor roll-out, they get it working in short order.

Best of all, iAuditor works flawlessly on iPhone. I have tried other tools that were less than reliable on iPhone. In particular, HomeGauge crashes, on average, three times during every inspection and always with a loss of the most recent data (1 to 15 minutes).

Pros

LOGIC: Most audit/inspection software functions simply as a (dumb) check list. By that, I mean that there is no associated logic. iAuditor give you "IF" statements. I inspect motorhomes and there are dozens of options in such vehicles. With other software, I am asked questions about every option, even when that option does not exist. With iAuditor, my template asks if the coach has propane. If the answer is "no", then about 40 questions are not asked. This capability speeds up my inspections tremendously.

The template editor is easy to use. But it does take a little experimenting and getting used to. After that, tailoring a template to your specific needs is easy. To give you an idea of what I mean, my motorhome inspection template is about 7,000 items long (OK, I'm an iAuditor power user. But the point is that's possible.). A large part of that 7,000 items is logic. But the bulk of it is my own statements about each potential issue that might be encountered. There are only around 300 to 330 inspections items on a motorhome, but more than 2,000 possible issues to be found within those 300+ inspection items. So my iAuditor template includes every statement that has ever appeared in any of my inspections, going back years. Which specific statements show up is determined by which buttons or boxes are clicked. 98% of my report is done, when I leave and lock the door. That's a major time saver and it all comes down to one word - "LOGIC".

It also works flawlessly on iPhone!

Cons

There are only two things that I wish iAuditor had:
1) An "AND" statement. They have what amounts to an "OR" statement. But they are missing an "AND" statement and I would personally find that to be very useful. Their options are "IS", "IS NOT", "IS SELECTED", "IS NOT SELECTED", "IS ONE OF", and "IS NOT ONE OF". They could use two more options, which would be, "IS ALL OF", and "IS NOT ALL OF".

2) "PERSISTENT VARIABLES". Currently, variables only apply to the most recent question. For example, if the coach is all electric, it means that many questions my inspection template don't have to be asked. It would be really nice to be able to have at least a few persistent variables, that would be available throughout the template. That way, if I were to determine, early in the inspection, that the coach is all electric, the template could include various "IF" statements in various places later in the template, that would bypass all questions about a propane stove, propane oven, propane furnace, and propane refrigerator. In fact, the lack of persistent variables is one of the primary reasons why my motorhome template is more than 7,000 items long. With persistent variables, that number should be able to easily be cut in half or better.

But these are wishes for something that no other audit/inspection software has, either. In other words, they would make the best, even better.

Jonnie S.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

So much better than what we had

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

We use this product for conducting multi layered audits. Multiple employees can conduct their audits at the same time, the analytics are easy to understand and reporting is easy. Easy to review by product line to see if there are reoccurring issues and how they were solved.

Pros

Easy to use, provides detailed reports, easy to train new employees on how to use.

Cons

We previously conducted these audits using punch cards that had to be organized by someone. It was very tedious.

Waqas A.
Industry: Hospitality

Very Professional and Very Helpful

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

This software has greatly helped us to improve our internal controls and internal audits. The graphs and reports with insights are amazing for our monthly and quarterly meetings.

Pros

- Customization
- Ease of Use
- Great Customer Support
- Always improving the services and product

Cons

- Nothing, all is good, they have great features and their customer service is great!

John C.
Industry: Construction

Decent electronic field review app, has some limitations

Reviewed on 21/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

iAuditor is useful for field reviews without needing paper reports. I can use my tablet or phone to take photos, insert them into specific sections of my report and save out specific reviews. When I get back to the office, I can import the report into a Word template and print to PDF.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to format the text of each report text and entry lines, and the exporting options don't always export correctly.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Pete D.
Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Overall this will make things easier, I no longer have to print off excessive quantities of paper as I can use a tablet to enter the data, I can use the camera feature to attach images and I can send actions and report direct by email. I am very pleased with I Auditor.

Pros

Relatively straightforward to use, I'm not a great lover of technology as I've come across applications in the past that have been far too complicated or limited but I Auditor is pretty easy and simple....

Cons

As someone who like things quite simple I do struggle translating my ideas to a working template, however, tis was a recommendation from a colleague at another authority and he has been able to help me to build the templates I need so it's just a minor issues really.

Industry: Internet
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

An essential app for Auditors.

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

We use it for our Audit needs. Especially our field officers take it our client places for auditing. iAuditor is Worth your money!

Pros

Seamless integration with third party tools, especially with Tableau makes my job much easier when it comes to reporting.
Audits are much organized with iAuditor now. In the past it was really tough to manage the audits and checklists.

Cons

Desktop version seems to be good. But with mobile version, I did face some syncing issues. But it was once in a while.

Industry: Telecommunications

Audits made easy

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

IAuditor has streamlined our quality assurance program, and allowed us to deliver a very nice end product through its PDF reporting. Overall, top notch program.

Pros

IAuditor is as user friendly as they come. Templates are easy to create and easy to follow, PDF reports are clean and professional, and easy to export. Can easily assign tasks with due dates to other users.

Cons

Once you have used this software for a while it becomes sluggish due to the size of your database. Also uses a fair amount of data due to the amount of photos get uploaded.

Dave R.
Industry: Facilities Services

iAuditor allows us to create personalized report and inspection templates

Reviewed on 04/01/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

iAuditor has allowed us to move beyond paper-based field reports.

Pros

iAuditor is a great field review and auditing tool that allows us to create templates specific to each service we offer.

Cons

The export to Word feature is pretty basic, and requires considerable formatting once exported to make it into any type of distributable, finalized report.

David B.
Industry: Facilities Services

Very nice form app maker

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

I am using it to make a custodial inspection app. My work will not get me an app so I am having to either get or make my own. I am NOT a software developer, but this software was easy enough to use that I was able to make a professional looking end product out of it.

Pros

It makes a very neat, clean, professional app. Very short learning curve, produces really nice results. I was using it for a custodial inspection app and it would let me take pictures, grade, and add notes on whatever the thing was that I was looking at. The report that it makes is really neat and professional looking as well!

Cons

In the free version, you are restricted to a certain amount use per month. Since I had to take a lot of pictures, I used up my allotment quickly. I do think though that with a larger plan that would enable me to have more data, that it would be a rock star program!

Matthew B.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

iAuditor after 5 weeks

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

Our company has been working on building a built-in-quality system to meet our customers needs. We have explored a number of options and have found iAuditor to best suit our needs out of the many products we have tried.
The initial set up was a little cumbersome but mostly due on our part. Once we understood how things worked everything seemed to flow together better. The iAuditor team must be commended for their availability and their responsiveness to issues we have discovered. We utilize the windows and web platform mainly, and the windows platform is the newest so finding a few bugs was bound to happen. The iAuditor team was quick to respond though and was able to fix most of our issues within a week, one even the next day.
There are a few limitations to the platform, but the issues we have had are specific to our needs. Some of the issues are slated to be addressed and some may not make it off the drawing board, but even still in its current form it does what we need it to do.

We are happy with the product, it could be more suited to our needs in some respects but overall it works.
We like it.
We use it.

Pros

The versatility of the platform, being able to work with a web portal and windows platform is a benefit for us. The ease of use of setting up audits and being able to review the data we have entered.

Cons

Some of the features we would like to see are not fully implemented as of yet.

Caroline N.
Industry: Education Management

iAuditor Review

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Awesome Awesome Awesome

Pros

This system is amazing. So easy to create and customize audits and checklists and get exactly what you want. And the analytics all you to see your results without having to do it yourself via spreadsheets. Great system!!! and customer service is second to none.

Cons

I struggle to find anything wrong, except for my personal dislike of the new report format, but i have the option to use the classic one so i can't really complain there either!

Ray K.

Outstanding capability & value for an auditing software package.

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

Pros

Huge customer database of shared auditing forms minimizes work required to set up auditing forms. Database tracks downloads and can be used to eliminate those audit forms that aren't as good as they should be.
Stellar customer support, very open to improvement suggestions and requests. Good continuous improvment system in place.

Cons

They've changed the way I can mark up pictures. Text on photos is a fixed size and not able to move it around like before.

Ben B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Record keeping at its best

Reviewed on 02/12/2018

iAudit is an easy and professional looking audit tool that can be adapted to suit your business needs. Overall the product is very user friendly and produces great reports that will impress any internal or external auditors who are reviewing your business. I would highly recommend investing in this tool as it will not only provide you with some peace of mind but also highlight areas for improvement.

Pros

easy to use and professional results. Multi platform access

Cons

unable to extract a csv file on all completed audits

Michael G.
Industry: Cosmetics
Company size: 10,001+ Employees

Outstanding Solution and world class hotline

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

I have used Anoto pen and paper as EHS engineer earlier. Now I am able to transfer all my checklist with no effort and in combination with my iPad and the pen I am getting anything even easier and faster incorporated, from text over pictures to signatures. It is the most useful tool so far on the market for professional environmental and safety engineers and literary literary makes your day, fast, easy, accurate - just brilliant.

Pros

If you know how to use this software best you will receive a world class tool for literally pennies only. As an experienced EHS engineer it took me 30 minutes only to get my first report up and running. price vs. value is outstanding and for small EHS teams it's nearly the single best option available. Just forget those big players from Intellex up to Ecointense, this tool gives you more for less and the support is the best I have ever seens.

Cons

At this moment the base tool (desktop) is in English only, makes it harder to transfer the tool to the base once your not native and/ or want to incorporate it internationally internationally. Layout options for the report covers could improve, but those are minors.

Nathan P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Best build your own tracking and scoring platforms

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Overall I love the platform because it does everything I needed and want. I can create my own lists, forms, evals and checklists with results for any scored for me. At the end of the day all info is kept in a dashboard that I really think anyone can understand as well as anyone I invite to share our view. It is really amazing and with any money spent for better tracking.

Pros

I liked being able to build my own templates for all aspects of team performance as well as having an accurate scoring system with results simply shown on a interactive dashboard.

Cons

I can't come up with any real aspects of platform that I dislike currently as the platform really has met all requirements I had and more.

Simon G.
Industry: Telecommunications

Great product - Off the shelf and easy to use. Great customer support

Reviewed on 17/03/2019

Pros

Ease of use.
Build you own audit templates in minutes, not hours.
Customer service and support
Reporting

Cons

The scoring is a little hard to generate meaningful scores though I'm sure if I worked with the iAuditor support team on this I could work through the issues.

Tania M.
Industry: Construction

Best app and a huge time and paper saver

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

Best safety auditing and inspection app ever, this has saved me hours auditing and 1000's of pieces of paper. SafetyCulture iAuditor helps me manage my safety checklists with ease and now I never have to print or type another another report again.

Pros

time saving
saves paper
reduces business costs

GREAT product and so versatile

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 19/01/2018

OHS is so broad and I have found iAuditor helps me find and use the things that relate to me, but is also customizable to my organization's needs.

Pros

The software is adaptable so allows me so much flexibility around creating and using OHS reports. It is easy to use and has an ever expanding template library that saves time and helps 'outside the box' thinking. I can access it on my mobile so I can walk around my work site taking notes and they are immediately loaded up into my reports. I can take and upload pictures and assign followup work with colleagues and contractors.

Cons

There is very little I dislike about this product. Currently we use the free version, so I can only export reports in PDF format. We are upgrading shortly and I hope to be able to use everything.

Audrey H.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

I absolutely adore the attention to detail in this software

Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Absolutely worth the time and money!

Pros

Precise detail! iauditor hits the nail on the head, this program was built by people that know the workflow. Every detail from the input of pictures to gps location input shows how much thought has went into this software!

Cons

I have not cons for iauditor they provided me with everything I need throughout the day to keep me organized and on task.

Easy to use.

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Live data that we are able to trend and share with contractors to improve their safety and services.

Pros

Ability to create templates or modify templates that others have shared.
Easy to develop templates from scratch
Range of field types
Built in charts and ability to export to Excel for custom charting
Easy to use in the field
Easy to get users on board and operating quickly

Cons

I would like to be able to build customised reporting within iAuditor rather than having to export to Excel.

Christian S.
Industry: Construction

Best checklist app and I tried a few!

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

Exceptional, customer support is incredible the team really care about their clients. Everyone that works at iAuditor is very passionate about their clients individual needs.

Pros

There is almost no boundaries to what you can create.

Reporting is very good!

Cons

Extracting the data collected by the app can be difficult but not impossible.

Chris W.
Industry: Construction

Saves a lot of time when completing site reviews

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

- Customizable audit reports that we can brand and format however we need, with various types of question/answer fields (radio buttons, drop downs, text fields, etc.).
- Our field review teams can upload pictures directly from their mobile device while on-site to ensure there is no confusion.
- When back in the office, our office staff can export the report to word and fine-tune as needed.

Cons

- Even though we can insert pictures, the picture index at the back of the report is a bit cumbersome to constantly scroll back and forth and copy paste the better quality pictures. It'd be nice if there was a simpler way to do this.

Christian S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Checklists?

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Pros

I use this for daily inspections on activities and it is great for that! If something does not pass, the appropriate person will receive an email.

Cons

I have other checklists plugged into this software but I don't always check everything off at once. This software isn't the best for that since it wants you to complete the it once you start it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

John S.
Industry: Food Production

iAuditor Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I'm significantly improving my audit time and taking notes and pictures of non-conformances immediately. iAuditor monitors the non-conformances and reminds me about them and automatically reminds me to conduct my audit on the schedule we set.

Pros

iAuditor helped/built several electronic audits for me that I use for my GMP Facility Audit, Glass Audit and SQF System Audit.

Cons

It seems easy to build your own audits, but learning and actually doing them is a little time consuming. But its very valuable to turn paper audits into iAuditor audit format.