Hubdoc

Import, archive and export financial documents in one place

4.1/5
3.8/5
4.1/5
3.8/5

86 Reviews for UK Users

Rachel
Rachel
  • Industry: Accounting

I use hubdoc on multiple clients to fetch docs from multiple banks

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Pros

I like the automatic document fetch and the ability to sync to our document storage platform. I like that I can store all of my client accesses under one username.

Cons

Aesthetically I don't love the website. The document portion of the site is too small - you should be able to increase the size without opening the doc in a new tab. Also the add account button should maybe be labeled "manage accounts" as it is the place to do much more than add accounts.

Alexandra
  • Industry: Restaurants

I use HubDoc nearly daily to process invoices for my business.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely.

Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely.

Pros

I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

Sometimes HubDoc doesn't read certain fonts properly and contacts are recreated multiple times. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete duplicate contacts which clogs up the list. Occasionally, document uploads fail which can be a pain, but this seems to be fairly infrequent.

Julie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Broken for Quebec users

Reviewed on 28/07/2019

Quebec users please stay away. It's a frustrating app that thinks it's better than your own judgement to calculate the sale taxes!

Pros

The app is easy to use. You can start using it right away with few lessons.

Cons

The sale taxes feature is broken for Quebec users. The half-tax rule for meals and entertainment simply does NOT work. It's so frustration because at the end you need to download the invoice and do it yourself because the app won't allow to push your invoice if it thinks the sale taxes don't match. This is highly frustrating because in the end you are better to not use the software.

Sachin

Foreign Currency transactions

Reviewed on 04/10/2022

Pros

How easy it is for the client and the bookkeeper to Work on the bookkeeping.

Cons

How I am not able to process USD and other foreign currency invoices to Quickbooks anymore.

Plooto
Kyle

Game Changing

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

Aside from the auto fetching, OCR, the App, the support team and the configuration capabilities, my favorite feature is the ability to integrate transaction level receipts directly into bookkeeping software like QuickBooks Online or Xero. The ability to drill into an transaction and see the physical source document (in seconds) is an absolute game changer! I also love that they are Canadian company.

Cons

Sometimes the auto fetch connections go down, but the support team fixes the issue as fast as possible. I would also appreciate SAML based SSO in the future.

Christine
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Bookkeeping necessity

Reviewed on 22/08/2021

Hubdoc is a perfect example of work smarter not harder. Saves time and money when it comes to the data entry.

Pros

I love the ease of use and time that it saves me in entering receipts, bills and invoices.

Cons

I noticed when I downloaded a receipt and saved it into files on my computer the system would reload to a page and I wouldn't be able to figure out how to get back to the the regular menu without having to log out and back in.

• Industry: Accounting

A great addition to automated accounting workflow

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

Hubdoc, for me, functions best as an addon to Xero (or QBO) and Bill.com. I have bills forwarded from an email address into Hubdoc where I can code and push to the accounting software and bill.com. The biggest benefit is that the software automatically codes and stores invoices, based on rules or prior invoices. A simple sync pushes the bill to Xero with correct coding, along with a PDF. It also pushes to Bill.com to easily be paid. For the money, it is absolutely worth using.

Cons

There are a couple of minor issues that are not even worth mentioning here. Please note that I don't use the software to directly link with websites, since the selection is fairly limited. I push all documents to Hubdoc for processing.

Johnny
Johnny

Xero took over, and the software died

Reviewed on 17/07/2020

Hubdoc is terrible and I wouldn't recommend them for anything. Xero is a horrible company and Hubdoc has taken a dive with them. I left Xero accounting because of the poor customer service, and now I am looking for a new solution for Hubdoc.

Pros

You can find all of your documents sent to Hubdoc

Cons

Where to start? Hubdoc used to be a very good problem. Since Xero.com purchased Hubdoc it has gone downhill.

1. I spend more time connecting to my vendors
2. Customer support is just as bad as Xero support
3. Publishing to your accounting software doesn't work
4. You waste more time just trying to use Hubdoc as design
5. It's been six months and they still have not fixed issues with the 15 tickets open

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great tool for automatically pulling, scanning, and inputting simple invoices and keeping...

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Scanning and storing of receipts, statements, and invoices and an auto-push into QuickBooks Online with an attachment of the document.

Pros

The auto-pull of statements, invoices, and receipts is nice, but the better features are the automatic scanning of simple (and I stress simple) invoices when they are pulled or emailed to your Hubdoc email address. These can then automatically be fed into your accounting software, which makes AP really easy.

Cons

The learning curve is a little higher than other programs. The training at the outset of using the program (the Hubdoc University, or their variant of this type of tool) was too basic. At the end of the training I knew which functions existed, but had very little idea how to make them work. Expect to spend a few weeks really getting to know the program, but once you get it down it is extremely useful.

Markie
Markie
  • Industry: Accounting

Hubdoc fast tracks my day

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

Pros

Hubdoc is a great tool to fetch your bank and credit card statements. It will also fetch any bill that you have online access to like telephone and utilities. This saves me time as I no longer have to chase clients for data.
Clients also take a picture of their receipts so they are processed in right away and vendors email directly to Hubdoc email. All receipts and bills are processed, posted and attached to Quickbooks Online transaction

Cons

The rotate button doesn't always work and I would like to be able to use the item option on the main screen instead of clicking on multiple

Chris

Simple Inexpensive OCR Solution for Document Intake

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

Our financial data entry used to be extremely manual - too much manual entry. We eliminated 75% of our data entry in this area, which in turn was a huge result in business efficiency.

We also reduced our paper printing by about 90pc; decreased turnaround time for vendor payments, and increased the accuracy of our books.

Pros

Very simple interface - one screen to get all your work done. It processes documents quite fast and does the job well.

Cons

Mobile app is limited with some of the features, not all of the web-based features translate across to the mobile app.

Jacky
  • Industry: Accounting

Hubdocs is a great tool for managing your company's documents and payables

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Useful tool in catch up projects to obtain pdf and csv files of bank and credit card statements
Cheq...

Cheque images and e-transfer details make reconciliation easy and perfect for backing up work

Pros

E transfers and cheque images information for bank accounts to make bank reconciliation easier
Paypal statements and transaction for keeping track of payments and transfers
Powerful search function

Cons

Feed breaks down too frequently
Data recognition is not too strong in the publishing tool as manual entry still required
Too many failed files/images

Dext Prepare
Jennifer

Fetching documents

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Pros

Software used to be very good, when they had the ability to fetch document from various financial institutions, since they have lost it, would not recommend, especially if you are in Canada

Cons

It was a good software until they lost the ability to fetch documents

valerie
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Hubdoc is a good system to link up to Quickbooks

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Liked it at first. Now more difficult with 2 step authentication.

Liked it at first. Now more difficult with 2 step authentication.

Pros

We originally set up this service to manage our financial documents linked to Quickbooks. Its a great system that will go and fetch your documents and bills from different companies.

Cons

Now that 2 step authentication is a trend, they have not overcome that issue. With 2 step, the documents cannot be fetched defeating the purpose of the software.

Cindy

Now an Organized Company

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

We would recommend this software. It has provided organization and efficiency to the company.

Pros

This software allows our our accounting department to remain organized and to pull up a receipt that is stored in Hubdoc with ease.

Cons

We did not find any cons to this program.

Audrey

Great for fetching documents

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

They have a great fetching and integration program for documents. Their free training programs are great.

Pros

I liked that it was able to fetch the documents and statements I needed. Online cloud and customizable document storage was great. Integration with QuickBooks Online is a must.

Cons

It may seem silly, but my only real issue with this program was how I felt using it. Something about the flow and layout left me feeling kind of clumsy and awkward.

Best bookkeeping tool ever!

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Awesome! I even get a discount for using through my bookkeeper. And it makes her life easier too.

Pros

You can link Hubdoc with your bookkeeping software, your bank account, and your credit card account. You take a picture of receipts and Hubdoc matches it up with the transactions in your software! No more hoarding pieces of paper to manually match up later!!

Cons

No problems.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Great tool for sharing information with outside accountants

Reviewed on 24/03/2018

Easy sharing of our financial information with outside accounting firms and bookkeepers while keeping the ultimate permissions internally.

Pros

- We use this service to share our banking and financial transactions with our outside bookkeeper. It gives us tremendous peace of mind knowing that we have full control over the original accounts while making it exceptionally easy for our bookkeeper to access the information they need.

Cons

- There's nothing that we don't love about this sowftare, but we do use it for a very limited use case.

Chris

Easy Program go use

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Use Hubdocs with multiple clients. Easy to use, integrated with QBO and multiple other programs. Nice to have everything in one place

Pros

The ease to upload documents and integrations with QBO

Cons

Don't really have any issues with it at all

Lisa
  • Industry: Accounting

Hubdoc - adinistration takes more time than it saves

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

Not impressed

Not impressed

Pros

It saves having to log in to multiple supplier accounts

Cons

The time spent trying to rectify communication problems, missed bills or missing attachments does not compensate for any time saved.

So easy! And SO helpful!!

Reviewed on 06/10/2017

It make bookkeeping of business expenditures SO much easier and more handy!

It make bookkeeping of business expenditures SO much easier and more handy!

Pros

This has simplified my bookkeeping so much! Its so easy to just take a picture of your receipts and it syncs them with your transactions in your bookkeeping system if you have your bank account and business credit card linked with your bookkeeping software.

Relatively simple to use, having slight difficulty separating mine and my clients' accounts

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Pros

The application offers ease of use and helps to become more paperless. This will be more and more important in the future and the QBO integration really helps as well.

Cons

Web design is somewhat confusing to split multiple accounts, there could be some improvements on the layout to make lessconfusing.

Russell
Russell
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Clunky and hard to use

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

It is unremarkable and not good enough to distinguish it from other vendors in my tech stack, so I am disinclined to use it in lieu of my existing document management and bank fetch solutions.

Pros

Alternative to expensify and other poorly designed products

Cons

Bank fetch never works, and now they are discontinuing it. It wasted a lot of time where it was supposed to save it. Delegating access to me was difficult for my client.

Aaron

I love it! It makes everything so much easier

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Pros

It collects from SO many banks. And the sorting feature is nice when banks have a lot of checks or paypal transactions.

Cons

Some banks aren't supported. This is still hindering some clients from experiencing it as a whole. Would like to see more.

Rhondalynn
Rhondalynn
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great product and customer service

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

Pros

The fetch technology is world class. This is a great product that I recommend to accountants and bookkeepers.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have any negative feedback or dislikes at the present time.