Practice Ignition

Proposal creation and client onboarding automation

4.7 /5 (79 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
4.5
4.5
4.6
4.8
Katrina R.

A great product

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

It has allowed us to move from the more traditional time billing system to a fixed fee program that clients seem to really like. One day we won't need timesheets and this will help us get there!

Pros

I love this program for ease of use. it does what it needs to. I can set quotes to be sent out and when they are accepted they fill in bank details to do direct debit. I don't need to do anything else. I love the new update for recurring billing so I don't have to send out new annual fee quotes if we agree that the same price is still relevant.

Cons

I possibly don't use it to its full capacity as when we started using it the software was very basic but the new updates are making it a bit better. I don't have much negative to say.

Simon P.
Industry: Executive Office

Amazing

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Epic.

Pros

Scalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation

Cons

Accounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.

Laura R.

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

The overall experience with Practice Ignition is excellent. The setup process improved our sales process.
This solution gets us out of email and portals with passwords. It does the heavy lifting for an important moment in the sales process. And it looks great doing it!

Pros

This app is the perfect tool once you've determined what service plan is right for your prospect. We use another tool for needs assessment and pricing. Practice Ignition seals the deal. What I like most about Practice Ignition are its robust features. It's a great experience for the prospect and designed for them to receive a proposal via web or mobile. Payment solution is built in. Integration to QuickBooks & Zapier lets you plug this into your tech stack to record revenue, payment and then zap the new order to your workflow management tool for onboarding & service delivery. The templates and service descriptions let you customize to your liking. The support center is more than helpful; it taught me how to create a better sales experience. The dashboard gives you a bird's eye view so you can follow through on closings.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing that we do not like about this software. I especially appreciate that it does not clutter its mission with a lot of other data. It does its job and it does it well.

Caleb l. J.
Industry: Accounting

PI has helped us automate our onboarding & billing

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Pros

We were struggling to keep track of all our proposals, engagement letters, and billing schedules in a Google Sheet prior to using Practice Ignition. After we started using P.I., we saved immense amounts of time by completely automating the engagement letters & billing. It's also incredibly easy to go search and see what we are doing for each client in P.I. now...

Cons

My biggest suggestion right now for P.I.: Allow me to create my 3 package proposal in a nice one page proposal that I would email to my clients. Once they select one of the proposals, they would just click through to the Engagement Letter and then on to the Payments... This would save the other 2 unaccepted proposals as archived historical packages so that I could go back and review what I had proposed to my client.

Ian C.
Industry: Accounting

Don't run a practice without it.

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Great experience, amazing onboarding with dedicated support.

Pros

PI solves the AR problem while also taking care of engagement letters/client agreements. It keeps your practice running smoothly.

Cons

Cons? I guess that I waiting so long to implement PI!

Michele G.
Company size: Self Employed

Keep it Professional!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/06/2019

PI are awesome to deal with. They are always improving and work with me to get up to speed with new developments. Highly recommend them. They are Number 3 in my Tech Stack!

Pros

Paperless! It's embarrassing to promote cloud-technology and moving to paperless and then present a paper engagement letter.

The templates make it easy to use for all clients so you can be sure they are up to date.

Makes Single Touch Payroll authorisaton easy. I made a separate engagement letter to run for 12 months to remind me to update it each year (nil charge)

Cons

Payment delays. Doesn't link with Xero Projects

Alix D.

Thanks PI

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

It's changed the way we work - and I don't have to call debtors any more!!

Pros

The thing i like most is the ase and efficiency of use

Cons

ummm building the templates was probably the only thing

Claudia L.

Amazing App

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Pros

Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers, easy to use.
Amazing customer service.

Cons

There are not really negatives to talk about.

Jud W.

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Definitely a good product but I wish it were more intuitive.

Pros

Great for professional looking proposals. Also, getting payment details up front and automated monthly billing.

Cons

A little difficult to use in some ways. Support is by message and sometimes takes a while to resolve issues.

Jerry M.

Great automated proposal package

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

I have had a great experience in implementing the practice and have received great support. They recently did some fantastic upgrades as well.

Pros

I like the ease of use and that it takes very little time to get out a proposal. Also that it integrates with Intuit Practice Management and Quickbooks Online.

Cons

So far, I like everything about the product

Chris T.

Review of Practice Ignition

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Customer service has been spot on - had regular calls with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] during the set up process and he has been very patient and dealt with any queries we had. Very pleasant to deal with and certainly knows his stuff. Please pass on our thanks!

Pros

Software is very user friendly and we have managed to get all of the team using it with minimal fuss and tailored the way it works to fall in line with our billing procedures. Certainly sped up the process of getting clients on board as previously using a paper based approach which wasn't really possible during the current pandemic.

Cons

Some of the wording of the options is not clear as to what it does. You find yourself doing some bits by trial and error and then previewing the proposal to see what that has done. Comes with experience though!

Priscilla anabelle S.

Great for business proposal

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Pros

Practice Ignition is great tool for business proposals. It is rather easy to use and can be easily integrated with websites.

Cons

Although it is good but it is not ready to be used in some countries, in my case in Malaysia, because it it yet to be integrated with our local banks for payment purpose.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mary H.

Practice Ignition Review

Reviewed on 07/04/2019

I am getting paid faster and with less administrative time in chasing collection of my fees.

Pros

How easy it is to get the signatures for engagement letters and get paid!

Cons

Would like a little more user controls as far as payments.

Practice Ignition review

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Pros

Clearly outlines the cost to the client

Cons

Integration with XPM requires proposal to be broken down into makes detial than I’d like to present to the client

Jaswinder V.

Practice ignition

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

excellent

Pros

1. Practice ignition is fairly easy to use.
2. Saves time on compiling letters of engagement

Cons

1. Linking of client setup to engagement letters

John N.

Rating only

Reviewed on 06/05/2017

Kate G.

PI for App Advisory Services

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

The team at PI are really helpful, from our initial conversations with them, to onboarding and set up, right through to our firm-wide roll out. They are quick to response to emails and jump on Zoom calls as and when needed. The software itself is easy to use and the UI is intuitive. Its been a learning curve for us around setting up our service library but the team have been on hand to give direction throughout. We're now starting to look at the added extras like webconnectors, videos and expending our service library to include traditional compliance services too.

Pros

This software has helped streamline our service offerings for app advisory service, helped our outline exactly what is involved or included in the scope, and more importantly what isn't. We've had great feedback from our customers when receiving proposals, and we can now create and send proposal in minutes whereas it used to take an hour or more to draft emails explaining it all. The speed of response from clients is amazing, and the turnaround from offering a service to acceptance and deployment of a job is a game changer for us.

Cons

There has been some internal resistance to using the software as accountants like to rely on the old methods of sending out paper forms to get signed off. However, it the app advisory space, we were able to use this to our advantage and get some real traction with the product before starting to roll it out across the more traditional areas of the business.

Benjamin D.

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Good.

Pros

Easy/intuitive to use and well priced. Much more organised than paper engagements.

Cons

Has a few bugs from time to time which prevent it doing what you want it to. Search function not that intelligent, could do with more reporting/data analysis/Excel export functionality. Could also do with the ability to attach more than 1 PDF.

Giovanna A.
Industry: Accounting

Practice Ignition is a great tool and perfect for organizing proposals

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Pros

great for proposals and cash flow very flexible with different ways of payments, if the client is right infront of you they can check the email right through there phone.

Cons

the only complain is having to wait 2 weeks for the disbursal, everything else with Practice Ignition works great.

Bassim M.

Practice Ignition has helped me simply the proposal writing process and payment collections.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

automated collections, it made my life a lot easier and improved our cash flow and overall collections.

Cons

It is not connected to Karbon. If it was connected to Karbon, we could start automating some of the the onboarding steps.

Sarah L.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent - so efficient!

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Pros

Practice Ignition has made our onboarding and proposal process seamless. The proposals are clear and concise which our clients love. It has certainly improved our invoicing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our account manager, is brilliant - terribly helpful and patient.

Cons

When invoicing on completion is selected, it would be good if once the proposal is marked as complete, the final invoice is sent, rather than having to manually push it through.

Leticia M.

Brilliant, saves me hours.

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

Pros

* Saves time (proposal writing went from 3 hours to 15 minutes!!)
* Saves money being left on the table
* Enables digital payments including direct debits
* Enables the sales process to scale
* Usable and functional
* Support is A1 and the team's communication is fabulous

Cons

The navigation. Sometimes I get lost clicking on things, but it's so minor it doesn't matter.

This review requires more words before it submits, but I don't have any - hence this wasteful third sentence.

Rachelle W.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Pros

Easy to navigate and self explanatory. There is someone to contact should be experience any difficulty.

Cons

There is nothing specific I like least about this software

Matthew L.

Brilliant

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Pros

The automatic billing process, as well as being able to see who has seen the proposals etc.

Cons

That you can't put the video in every proposal and that you have to insert it every time

Industry: Accounting

This software is so user friendly and allowed us to reach our goal of implementing fixed fees.

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Pros

Easy to use and track. Payment collection and getting client acceptance of engagements is so simple.