MeisterTask

Collaboration and task management tool

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
4.5/5

998 Reviews for UK Users

Mutegeki R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Improved project planning and management

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Before Meister Task, having a centralized Project management system that allowed us to keep track of projects, assign tasks and reporting on progress was a nightmare. We find it a lot easier these days because of MT.

Pros

The software platforms are seamlessly integrated and I have access to my tasks on the go.

Cons

I haven't yet found any issues with this software but as soon as I do, I'll definitely bring them up to the dev team. However, providing for the ability to add project level resources (files and attachments) would be nice. Absence of email updates on pending tasks (not calender based) could also be useful.

TeamGantt

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

I found the Meister Task software a lot easier to integrate, no clutter, straightforward, etc

TeamGantt
Adam C.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great, Affordable Project Board for Teams

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

It's an easy-to-use tool for your entire team. The horizontal layout makes it easy to click and drag projects/tasks from one development stage to another (one board to another), trigger email alerts, and create checklists. That makes task organization easy for a team. We have around a dozen staff using MeisterTask, and they all love it.

Pros

It's an incredible value for the features. We only need to pay monthly for our administrator account, and all our staff users are free. They don't get to create projects or add/change actions, but their day-to-day use of MeisterTask is free (e.g., creating and completing tasks/tickets, moving tasks around, adding checklists, etc.). I also love the integrations with other services like Zapier, which we use to allow creation of tasks via sending emails, and the MeisterTask plugin for Gmail, which lets you create tasks directly from your Inbox. This adds tons of value for our staff, who again are free users.

Cons

I personally don't like task management that is laid out horizontally on boards (e.g., Trello). The board layout lacks a visual hierarchy that I prefer and see in other free/cheap task management products like ClickUp. Also, while you can upload and attach files to each task, you can't immediately download from the task. You have to wait while MeisterTask fetches them from wherever they are stored in the cloud. There's a short delay, and you need to refresh your browser page to see the notification that contains your download link. That's a slight annoyance.

Bronson D.

Meistertask got me a promotion

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Pros

Easy Kanban features, smooth integration between platforms, great UI

Cons

Would love having a multiview option for the same tasks (multiple boards where columns can be mapped to different fields), better task labeling (it is terrible to have to enter one individual task to create a new label)

Todoist, Asana, Notion and Workana Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Better looking, easier to use, UI is less crowded

Response from Meister

Thanks so much for reaching out, Bronson - we're thrilled to hear about your promotion! Congratulations!

We're also happy to hear you found MeisterTask's UI to be both intuitive and beautiful - this is one of our most primary goals :D

I've forwarded your feature request to our product team - be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask as we implement new features and updates!

Federico A.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Very nive product in the free version but only three projects allowed!

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Very good projects, easy to use and their organization is great.

Pros

Great user interface, beautiful colors and excellent organization.

Cons

Unfortunately, the free version only allows three projects, in Trello there are unlimited projects.

Workzone and Taiga

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

Better and nicer user interface

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Because its paid version had all the indicators we needed.

Response from Meister

Hi Federico, thanks very much for reaching out!

We're glad that you found MeisterTask to be both intuitive and beautiful, but sorry sorry to hear you were disappointed in the free version's limitations. Unfortunately, it is expensive to maintain our apps and websites, so we do have to charge for certain features. Be sure to check out our affordable tiered subscription services at MeisterTask.com/pricing to learn more about an option that best suits your team's needs.

The Meister Team

This is definitely one of the most feature packed task management tools I've seen

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Pros

MeisterTask is good, very good, it has a lot of great features that will definitely help you become more productive in your projects.

Cons

Pricing could be better, more languages availability as well.

Plutio

Asana
Danny D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Fresh and nice Look - just up to date

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Quite simply, it is now possible to get a comprehensive overview of ongoing projects, all of which is still very clear and up-to-date. It's also great that there is an app that works really great.

Pros

We use the software internally to organize several departments and track their progress. At the beginning the employees were a bit overwhelmed, but they got used to it really quickly. Meanwhile, everyone is convinced of MeisterTask and cannot imagine working without it.

Cons

Meanwhile I have to admit that we lack nothing. In addition, the software is constantly being expanded and there are always new features.

SeaTable

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Especially because there is a good app. many use MeisterTask on the go, so it was important to us that there was a well-functioning app. We also liked MeisterTask from the start.

Response from Meister

Hi Danny, thanks so much for reaching out!

Wow, we're thrilled to hear how much you and your team have enjoyed using MeisterTask! :D Be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask to stay up to date on new features and updates coming soon!

Thanks again,

Maarten C.

Great job

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

Super happy with the product

Pros

Simplicity in design. Easy for clients to understand and saves time.

Cons

Nothing to dislike at the time being. Perhaps add a API system so we can integrate into it if needed? Cant think of anything else.

Response from Meister

Hi Maarten, thanks so much for your feedback! Ensuring that MeisterTask is both beautifully designed and intuitive to use is one of our highest priorities, so we're thrilled to hear that that has been your experience :D

I've forwarded your request regarding an integrated API system to our product team. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, don't hesitate to reach out to us on Twitter at @MeisterTask or via our support staff at [email protected]

Cheers!
-Andrew

Pamela C.
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

With MeisterTask my right hand knows what my left hand is doing

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

It's an everyday use for me to help me keep track of what I and my team are doing.

Pros

That I'm sharing it with my team and we all know what has been done or what hasn't been done. It's a great to-do list for me and I can put all aspects of the project on MeisterTask

Cons

That I can ignore it too easily. I get lost in email and then forget I have work to do and it's all lined out on MeisterTask.

Response from Meister

Hi Pamela - Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! Great to hear that MeisterTask has improved collaboration in your business and streamlined your information flow.

Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter at @MeisterTask for upcoming feature updates! :D

Best free project management

Reviewed on 04/05/2022

Pros

I love the way it looks and easy to use and understand each sections. I used a lot of project management softwares and the most annoying thing was the lack of simplicity. there are always too many icons and texts everywhere. But Meistertask was not like those softwares, it's colorful, simple and understandable for my clients.

Cons

My clients always forget to swipe left and right in the mobile app. it's not a hidden feature but not that easy to remember either.

Response from Meister

Thanks so much for your review! We couldn't be happier to hear that MeisterTask has been intuitive and easy to learn for you and your clients - this is one of our most primary goals!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions or feedback at [email protected]

Happy Tasking!

- The Meister Team

Ilyse J.

Super easy to use and fun to track my projects

Reviewed on 19/03/2022

Pros

The feel and ease of use are my favorite features. I use MeisterTask to keep track of my hobbies - what I'm working on, what I've completed. I love the visual - I can quickly see what I should tackle next. I use the free version and love how easy it is to drag and drop, as well as that I can open my tracking on any device.

Cons

No complaints at all. I cannot think of anything that I don't like.

Ernest A.
  • Industry: Research

The best out there

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

My overall experience has been great. You guys have been beautiful. I have used you and been with you guys for a very long time. It feels just like yesterday. The least that I can do is take a little moment out of my time to give you guys a good word and a good reviews.

If you are looking for a mind-dump ... that is what the heart of Kanban tools are for. Meister-Task is for you. It goes into the intermediate level of task dependencies. If you are looking for the next level of a network relationship diagram ... just hang on a moment. There is MindMeister ... but last time I checked, you have to work from MindMeister into MeisterTask - but I dont think they can inter-relate and synchronise with themselves. I don't know, things may have changed from my time.

But this app is beautiful, sleek and amazing. Please support them and take good advantage of their services. They're amazing. And one last thing, they integrate in many places so beautifully such as Microsoft Teams. I'm blessed

Pros

- Collaborating with people
- Time tracking
- Lots of Projects

Cons

- I have not seen an ability to video the network map of task dependencies
- I have not seen an ability to calculate critical path analysis
- I have not seen the ability to do financial project management, so that I know the cost of how much a project would be costing me. This might be outside the scope MeisterTask and under a new umbrella of "Accounting" (eg Xero or Quickbooks) but Microsoft Project Online does this and to me, this is why MeisterTask will always to in 2nd place to Microsoft Project Online

Response from Meister

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review, Ernest! Our team really appreciated reading your kind words, and our product team is very interested to hear from a long-time user who can provide such valuable and incisive feedback for our future roadmaps.

We couldn't be more thrilled to hear that you found MeisterTask to be both intuitive, powerful and beautiful; these are three of our most primary goals as a team. We feel "blessed" ourselves to have such a loyal and involved community of users like you.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at [email protected] or on Twitter at @MeisterTask with any other comments or feedback. We'd love to hear from you!

Andrew @ Meister

Suzillah A.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Easy to use and manage

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Pros

MeisterTask is the perfect software that will making the task management seem easy to track and to manage. The process to track and follow your task progress is very simple and it can shared with your other team member so they can be involved on the process.

Cons

There are no option to export or import you task to other task management software. It would be very helpful if they can offer an integration with other software that will synchronized the information on both software. An option to label a task for its prioritize also should be added to the software.

Response from Meister

Hi Suzillah, thanks so much for yor review! Great to hear that you've found MeisterTask to be both efficient and intuitive :D

In MeisterTask, you can export and import your projects from CSV files, JSON files, or directly from Trello or Asana. You can find out more here: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403323243538

Also, be sure to check out MeisterTask's integrations here: https://www.meistertask.com/pages/integrations

Thanks so much for your feedback! If you have any other questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Lauren A.

I LOVE this software

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

I don't often say I love a software, but I love MeisterTask. As I passed over some important tasks to another person, I found she was not as organized as I was, and it was costing us a lot of lost revenue as she failed to follow up on time-sensitive claim rejections and other issues. Furthermore, due to the way our main systems work, I had a hard time keeping my own eyes on the issues before it was too late. By implementing MeisterTask, we both have insight into the issues that have come back from insurances, I'm able to better hold her accountable, and tasks are getting done. I love the Kanban board, having the ability to personalize it, write notes, have overarching tasks with subtasks, and more.

Pros

Visualization, due dates, reminders. It's user-friendly, and has a modern interface. The ability to customize various aspects was great. I like the dashboard that tells you what's due today, this week, or later. As a manager, I liked being able to set up multiple projects in one place.

Cons

I wish the product had a "due date" and "follow up dates", so it was more obvious what was being worked.
It took me a few to realize I could edit a comment, which was really helpful.
I wish it required a due date with an option or checkbox for no due date, as opposed to defaulting to no due date.
--All minor things.

monday.com, ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

I liked the ease of use - very user friendly. I liked that I could have multiple projects and assign users but have insight into all. We didn't need a heavy project management tool like other companies might, but most project management softwares are geared towards that. The price is also unbeatable.
Revel A.

Serves my purposes

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

I use Meistertask in two different jobs. One, with a team, to move individual participation in a larger project through a specific process. The other is to keep tickets on tasks with complex and repetitive "do lists" in order to move those tickets through a larger process involving registration and licensing of machinery. In both cases I am generally satisfied with the flexibility of Meistertask towards my needs and project management style.

Pros

It's not got a heady learning curve. It's pleasant to look at. New team members catch on at once.

Cons

Comments should be dated rather than "two days ago" for accuracy.
Data export needs to be more agile.
Task timing needs a label feature (identification of each time frame timed)

Response from Meister

Hi Revel,
Thank you for your review!

When you hover over comments in the Activity and Comment section, the date and time when they were posted will be displayed. Point taken though, we may want to display it right away instead of "x days ago" - i'll forward your suggestion to our developers, as well as your further ideas. We appreciate the feedback :)

Your MeisterTeam

Great task manager that can be interconnected with mind maps

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

As explained above, I used it to manage the tasks on different projects with the team of eight people in total and complement a board task manager with mind maps to make the project planning and tracking more visual. It allowed me as a manager to keep track on the things that were going on although I was often on the road for days and since it has a really great visual interface it was easy to spot potential problems (over-allocation to some person, possible delays etc.) before they actually happen and act proactivelly

Pros

The best thing about this software is that interconnects with MindMeister mind mapping software perfectly, out of the box. This means that you can define your project in a mind map (which is in itself really useful and visually clear) and then just make an item a task with deadline, priority, person assigned and it automatically appears in Trello-like interface with buckets so you can move from one collumn to the others (Open, Next, In progress, Completed, etc.). In comparison to similar apps, the feature that I really appreciate is the activity log that you can see with one click on the right side which gives you log of what happened recently as it happened - for example your colleague completed a task or created a new one, commented on a task, etc. which is great if you are a manager of a team and want to quickly see what has been going on . Another highly appreciated feature is that by clicking on the team member's avatar you instantly filter only the tasks assigned to that person, so you really have a quick, visual way to track progress of different projects. Finally, each task allows you to track time, so you can do it from the app itself, without needing a separate app for time tracking.

Cons

Personally, I really enjoyed using the app, but two colleagues on my team did not like it since they felt that some of the features are too much (and that as a manager I could track more things than they would normally want) and preferred a simplicity of Trello that we used before this. That said, if you use paid version, you have a lot of options that you can utilize, which can be distracting for some people on your team, while if you use the free basic version, options such as agenda, seting the duration of tasks etc. will be missed.

Alexandra N.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Enables a great overview & isn't too complicated

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

Pros

It looks really nice and allows us to have a much better overview over the multitude of tasks we need to keep track of. Also, my non-tech-colleagues can use it easily as well. We use the "kanban board" in a slightly different way - using columns for different task groups like "quality management" or "orders" and subdivide it into the tasks that need to be finished. Being able to see how much of a task is done and who is currently working on it is also very nice.

Cons

We purchased an upgrade, but when we weren't on time for the payment it was confusing to get back to the basic version. Because that was so intransparent we're currently using the basic version although we've payed for the upgrade.
Also, that bar you use to scroll - especially at the bottom of the screen to side-scroll is tiny - we often use Meistertask on a 13" screen, so if you could enlarge that, it would be great. Assigning multiple people to one task would also be a nice improvement. And do you have more colors?

Trello

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

Cause using an Excel Spreed sheet for Task Management is not efficient...

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

- Data Protection - the server must be in Germany, or our company will not allow its use - Data protection - no tracking of employees - easy to use
Danielle S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great for tracking Weekly and Daily Big Three Tasks (Big Rocks, other tasks, etc.)

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

I originally downloaded the application to attempt to tackle some #StayatHome projects. These are personal projects as I am unemployed. I find that the visual layout on the web-version is compelling and I enjoy using it. The reminders on my phone are limited, no snooze feature if you're stuck on another task, but overall decent anyway. I would and have recommended this product and will likely do so again.

Pros

I love the overall layout and design look of the software. I use the web-based version and the Android version. I like that I can get a good picture of what my day looks like - what I've planned to do, and what I may be missing from my tasks that needs to be done. It is a great companion to my Full Focus Planner, a Franklin planning system, and a general task list.

Cons

I wish the free version had more projects - something like 4 to 6 would be great. My budget may allow me to purchase the full (I think Pro) version. I am using this for just myself right now, but can see how a business could make use of it. Like most To-do apps, a decent snooze feature is lacking. Sometimes I am in the middle of working on a task and need a few more minutes to finish up - snoozing an upcoming item is always helpful.

John H.

Great tool for implementing GTD

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall the functionality that this tool offers even at the basic level is really amazing. I highly recommend it for personal work-flow management as well as for tracking shared projects. It's not ideal for highly complex and broad projects where you need to organize based on timeline and be able to quickly scroll through hundreds of tasks—If that is your need, I'd look for a more robust PM software. But personally, at this point I'm thinking it's almost the perfect tool for implementing the Getting Things Done methodology and managing personal and work life flow.

Pros

My favorite function is the quick-entry, task checklist on the mobile app. I use this as my digital "in-tray" to capture any and all thoughts, ideas, recommendations that come across my mind or radar. I love that you can then convert those straight to existing projects. The flexibility is great, and the layers of function are wonderful, ie the checklists within project tasks, and the ability to attach docs out of your google drive to hold project support material right there within the task.

Cons

The integrations are somewhat lacking and glitchy—so far requiring the use of Zapier—with a confusing setup process (even for someone who is somewhat familiar with Zapier).

I wish there was a way to more easily set reminders as opposed to just task due dates.

The most annoying thing is probably that when you do convert tasks in the checklist to project tasks, they will not uncommonly end up in a completely different project. This is problematic. It's an odd glitch, but I hope that it is something the development team can remedy and seems likely so.

OmniFocus
Benjamin D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A perfect balance between utility, useability and design

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

I am collecting the workflows of all of my different personal and professional projects into different boards and then into one intgrated dashboard. The ultimate friendship between power and simplicity. And then it also looks very beautiful! I really can't work with apps on a daily basis of they do not look nice, so I am very happy to have found this powerful, flexible, and intuitive software that also takes the cake when it comes to aesthetics!

Pros

MeisterTask strikes, for me, the perfect balance between the different aspects of a task system. It has all the functionalities that I have been looking for, for my project workflow system. I can create multiple kanban (Trello-like) boards for my different projects, yet see all of my due tasks from all of the different boards on one single dashboard. This way I can keep all of my different tasks and workflows organized, yet consult only one place to decide on my next activity. It also functions in a very intuitive way, and looks just beautiful. I especially love the option to have a daily changing photo on the home screen.

Cons

So far there is nothing at all I dislike about this software, which is a huge surprise for me. I have been looking for "the perfect" project workflow system for myself, and MeisterTask might be the one I have been looking for for so many months.

There is only one smal technical improvement that I would suggest to the creators, which is the option to automatically assign newly created tasks to myself, so that I don't need to perform that as a routine action.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Workflow Is Perfect for Us

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

After we set it up, it took a bit of learning (just a few hours) to fully realize all the aspects of it and to make it fit our company, but that's the case with any new software. We liked how when we asked "OK, we need to do this particular thing, can it do it?" and after reading the clear help files we found out right away either (a) how to do it, or (b) it couldn't do that particular thing. That second thing sounds like a negative, but it's not -- clarity is important because then we can alter our workflow and adjust without spending ages trying to kludge something. And this sounds silly, but we REALLY lke marking a task completed and then dragging it over to the green column!

Pros

It's very easy to use. We tried 6 project manager/todo apps over a 3-day period, and MeisterTask was a real oasis in that exploration. The mood in the office got immediately lighter when we realized how easy it was. Running a business is hard enough -- we don't want to struggle with the software, too.

Cons

We wish you could set up daily repeating tasks. Or tasks that repeat every few days. The shortest time interval is a week, which is too long for us.

Omnify, Asana, monday.com and Trello

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

We needed more Project management since ToDo lists are very easy to do in a million other apps.

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

See above review. Also -- it needed to work on the web and on iOS and Android.
William C.

Great for Personal Use

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

I am currently using the free version for personal task management. I use it to manage my employed work, a couple of small side businesses, and my personal life. It's perfect for that and way better than standard to-do lists because the Kanban format helps you stay focused on whats really important.

I'm really happy with this software and would pay a small perpetual license for it, if I was forced to. However, I would not pay a monthly fee for it, because that licensing model for personal use would be too expensive over time vs. other 'free' solutions on the market.

Pros

Very handy, full-featured Kanban tool with built-in to do list. Easy to move projects to tasks, tasks to projects, tasks to different lists or even other boards. I find tags to be really helpful... I often tag items as 'Important' and/or 'Urgent'.

This software does what it's supposed to do very well, actually. Have not yet run into anything I would consider a bug, and seems to sync pretty well between my devices (Andriod phone, second laptop) at this point.

Cons

There are some features I would like to see added. In order of importance to me:

1a) Ability to re-order todo list items in the My Tasks View
1b) Ability to resize the project screen sizes and list widths. Overall, the application display is just too big and wide for my tastes. I prefer consolidated screen sizes to condense as much info as possible into a single view and for my tastes, there is a lot of white space which creates significant left-to-right scrolling when using my laptop.
2) Would like to be able to set a default user for assignments.

Those are the big near-term improvements for me, some other larger-scale features of interest would be....

Card Grouping like Leanit would be a great feature to have in a future release. Another feature I would like to see in the future would be integrated Gantt chart capabilities. I have this fantasy dream about a personal productivity software tool that integrates Kanban with card grouping, To-do lists, Gantt, MindMapping, and a lightweight financial projection module over time... all integrated together. I'm sure that would be a Herculean development effort, but one can dream!!

Scott F.

Get Stuff Done!

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

I was really bad at managing my own time and tasks. I'm a small business owner AND a subcontractor not only for several companies directly, but also am available for hire as an IT consultant, so I have TONS of ways that tasks can come at me, and from many different people. I needed a way to organize this all, in one place, plus makes notes and attach files to tasks, and make things "more" than just a list. I played with several different platforms out there, but MeisterTask's layout, multiple application platforms and abilities spoke to me the loudest. At this point I am on-point AND on-task, and no longer forget to do things. In-fact, I often get compliments on how attentive I am to client needs! This is all thanks to MeisterTask.

Pros

It's free, obviously that has to be the first HUGE pro. Sure, the free version has limits, and paid versions expand that, but for MOST people the free version works flawlessly. Another huge pro for me is that they have APPS for every system, not just mobile devices, or widgets for web browsers, but they have an actual program for Windows and for Mac too. So rather than tie up another browser window, I can have an actual program that I can have open and tracking my activities. I love the team collaboration features, which comes in REALLY handy for me connecting employers as a subcontractor. Another HUGE plus for me is integration with other apps, like GMail for one, allowing me to create tasks from emails and more.

Cons

There is a fairly large gap in pricing and abilities between their different versions and plateaus, which is annoying to me. I also find the fact that they limit checklists in tasks as part of their free/paid features pretty petty.

Michael A.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Overall great app with only three areas of improvement

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

It helps me organize my daily tasks and not forget about tasks which I do not have a scheduled date for yet.

Pros

What I like most about MeisterTask is its Graphical User Interface which is very appealing. It makes using the program very easy and enjoyable. Also, it is not clogged up with information so you always have a good idea at first glance regarding what you need to do and what you have already done.

Cons

There are 3 things that I whish MeisterTask had:
1. Enhanced notification settings:
The only thing that I found a bit frustrating when using Meistertask in a group project is that notifications are limited to the people asigned to a project or watching it.
What would be helpful if there was an option where you could set notifications in a way that the entire group gets informed about all the activity. For example, we used one board as a notification board. So when there was information that the team leader wanted to give out to the entire group (so noone specifically) than he/she would post it there. Problem was, nobody was notified by meistertask about. That was one of the reasons why people in my group stopped using meistertask. So I strongly recommend that you enhance the notification settings. So that there are options where you can opt to be informed about everything that is happening on meister task.

2. Calendar:
It would be great if there was a calendar which shows when you have scheduled your tasks. So if you set a deadline for a task that calendar should display it. That would just help with visualizing when certain tasks are due. Because now Im using another app as a calendar. Would be great if I could use meistertask for both.

3. Gantt Chart:
Along with the point abovde a gantt chart would be nice too. So if there was an option to not only set a deadline but also a duration for a task. That can then be displayed in a gantt chart. That would be awesome.

awork and Trello

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

Awork was a very close competitor but meistertask can be installed on my computer as a desktop app so advantage meistertask
Marcus H.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Maximizes Your Time, Minimizes the Learning Curve

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Overall, the experience is wonderful. It relives stress rather than adding the stress of learning a new tool. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Unlike other project management platforms, Meistertask is not only affordable, but it allows you to do more with their basic features which only amplify with one of the paid versions. Meistertask is not only a great tool to help speed up workflow, it is also highly intuitive. Even if you haven't used the platform before, you most likely will be up and running within 30 minutes. It's drag and drop interface is incredibly fast, east, and straight forward making it ideal for beginner and advanced users.

Cons

The only issue that I have with the software is the lack of list view for the project workflow. I also would like to see calendar view of the current projects and not just in reporting view.

Planning Center and Asana

Reasons for Choosing MeisterTask

Affordability, capabilities, and ease of use for casual computer users.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to MeisterTask

It beautifully combined the core features I needed into one place.

Functional project management across teams

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

We use Meister Task to keep everyone in the loop and track each project or sale from beginning to end, making team communication and even project summary easier and more readily available to those in the office, as well as those in the field.

Pros

This software makes team project management seamless. Everyone involved in every step of the project can keep track of what is happening and when it is happening. Making easy hand-offs and open communication seamless throughout the entire project. The software is customizable and user-friendly for every level of digital experience. Users can schedule task reminders to keep tasks from slipping through the cracks. Tags make information easily available at a glance, and activity posts give a running synopsis of activity within each task. This is truly a tool for team organization.

Cons

Each task has the capability for a running synopsis of activity within the task, but it would be helpful to be able to have a little more control of the organization of comments within the task. All comments currently are listed in the order that they are made. This makes it a little difficult to follow the flow of information since all information is mixed in the flow, instead of being able to make a comment directly to the post it refers to. i.e. If a shipment is made to the client and posted to the task, the only person who can change or add to that specific comment , is the original poster. Not being able to change someone else's post is a good thing, but it would be nice if others could attach an update or change specific to that post, as a sub-post instead of 5 or 6 comments later in the stream. When all comments are mixed this way, it is sometimes difficult to follow the flow and keep related comments properly connected.