Proliant

Discover the perfect balance of technology and service.

4.4/5
4.2/5
4.2/5
4.6/5

249 Reviews for UK Users

Craig W.

Very Satisfied Proliant User

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I have been extremely satisfied with Proliant since day one. If there is ever an issue [SENSITIVE CONTENT] gets us righted and if she can't she facilitates communicate with parties that can.

Pros

Proliant is easy very to use, especially if you have used any type of record management (QuickBooks, Salesforce, etc). The website is user friendly, reliable and fast.

Cons

My only concern is the services that the software provides that I DON'T know about. I learn something new weekly. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Service Representative, teaches us something new all the time.

Pamela B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Proliant..more than just payroll

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Our experience with Proliant has been great. Our account manager is very responsive when we have questions or experience any issues.

Pros

I like that the training links are available to train new employees or even a refresher for current employees on something they may not have completed in a while. They system is always on the most recent version. I like that is integrates with our benefits system and our ERP solution.

Cons

I honestly do not have any areas of the software that I do not like.

Ascentis, isolved and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We needed a more robust software that would integrate directly with our ERP solution.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Proliant was easier to use, direct integration with our ERP solution, customer reviews, price.
Terri T.
  • Industry: Machinery

Proliant is a product to consider

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

Pros

Proliant is a fairly easy product to learn with enough information on screens to handle most employers needs. The on boarding process is very easy and includes reminders for action steps. We have found the support team to be very responsive to helping us with issues or learning new sections.

Cons

Two things that I have not enjoyed about the software are minimal. One is I feel there could be a note section on some of the screens when you want to put why you made a change. This would be a very easy thing to build into their software. Secondly I think the payroll section could automatically start with a new check instead of having to click that you want to start a new check. If you have already clicked that you are starting new payroll it should be an assumption that when you enter the name you’re ready to start a new check instead of having to click an extra button to start a new check for every person. I think some of the payroll screens could be streamlined a little better.

Waneta G.

Pros & Cons

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Our Rep is great to work with & improvements have been made with him also being our T&L Rep as well as our Proliant RPO Rep. A challenge has been the systems (RPO/Onboarding/BSwift/Reports/Time & Labor) all working together smoothly.

Pros

Tracking accruals in Time & Labor. Having one Rep to work with his helpful.

Cons

Time & Labor: Would like to see the Leave Requests under each company code (we have 9) instead of in one list (have asked our Rep). More importantly, would like for timeclocks to not allow any more changes when they are approved/locked - changes can still be made to previous pay period. Would also like to make adjustments to archived timecards for PBJ reporting purposes (only done by Admin)
RPO - Report/analytics could use improvements in all areas - report system is not great! Implementation programmers were not consistent with implementation set up. When Upgrades are done in system, we generally have issues the next day..... things that were working no longer work as they should.

Sandy C.

Summary

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Pros

The Proliant product is easy to use and features are very applicable. There are many features to create reports and follow up. Always updating their site to stay ahead of the curve.

Cons

Sometimes their updates move icons around and you have to locate them or call Proliant. Such as adding an employee is found under employee events, but to terminate an employee you have to go the actual employee. These changes on a regular basis can be a little frustrating.

PayScale Suite and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

1. Been with them way too long 2. Lack of Customer Service 3. Every year pricing went up 4. When asked about adding something, always an additional cost 5. Sales people constantly contacted me when I was a client and didn't know I was a client 6. My account person always was changing and could never be contacted.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Better options, better customer service, better all around product and cost.
Elizabeth D.

Awesome software and customer service!

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Proliant has made the hiring process so much smoother and efficient. Once the kinks were worked out with the insurance integration, it has cut our time down tremendously. We are able to see issues in real time rather than them accumulating and costing us more money. Reports are available for management staff to use to make important business decisions in a timely manner.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. The entire integration process was not without its kinks, but the entire time worked tirelessly to make sure we were ready to go on day 1. Anytime that we have a question or issue we know we can count on our customer service team to get us a response and/or fix quickly.

Cons

We had some trouble with some items that were setup incorrectly on the time and attendance side from the get go, but those were quickly identified and fixed. We had a change in our time and attendance rep a few months ago and had some issues with him responding. The supervisor stepped in, took care of the situation, and we haven't had any issues since.

ADP Workforce Now, Paylocity and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We went with Paychex for our online payroll and HR needs in 2020 after doing everything in-house for 55 years. It was an absolute nightmare! Everything we were promised did not happen and cost us an arm and a leg! We were told to set up our system one way due to the nature of our business when it actually should have been set up another way. In doing so, I had to manually key payroll journal entries of over 1,000 lines in our general ledger software. When asked how to fix this, we were told it would take too much time. We also switched our insurance broker to Paychex after being sold on a seamless system. That did not happen. In fact, from the open enrollment period moving forward, our insurances were incorrect. Staff that should have been enrolled were not and those that should not have been enrolled were enrolled. This added weeks of extra work to Accounting staff and cost the company more money than we thought we would be saving. Even after leaving Paychex at the end of 2020, they have still tried to file reports on our behalf and act as our Power of Attorney when they are no longer on record. It's EXTREMELY frustrating!

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

We chose Proliant due to the promise of a seamless system and the cost. For the same features and even some additional ones, we are paying a little over half of what we paid with our previous provider. We have been very pleased with the product and service.
Mary J.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I love the customer service and that I have one person to go to for payroll, one fore Benefits, and one for GL. They are all so quick to get back to me if I call or e-mail. I love their friendliness, knowledge, availability, and willingness to help.

Pros

The ACA and Benefits have been great! The payroll system/employee information part has got some getting used to. It's different and has a lot of tabs compared to other software programs I have used.

Cons

Reporting- I already commented on this in the previous page and have talked to Proliant employees about it. I have to admit I have not had any follow up on the improvements you are making.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

I REALLY loved the reporting in Paycor. It was easy to build reports and tweak the formatting. Also payroll reports auto populated and I could go to that section of the system and pull them at any time. It was convenient. We switched because of the lack of customer service at Paycor. I got a different rep each time, the reps were not knowledgeable, would provide contradicting information. ACA was a lot of work.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was a thoroughly knowledgeable salesman. I felt comfortable talking to him, loved his extensive knowledge of the industry. And he told me that Proliant was privately owned, which I do feel like Proliant can focus on the needs of the customers over the expectations of investors.
Dina B.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

I have Taken Proliant with me through 3 job changes

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

I started using Proliant 6 years ago with a different company. I have since implemented Proliant in 2 other companies. The implementation has always been smooth. Proliant team is knowledgeable, professional and efficient. I can always find what reports I need in the report options, and if I can't, my support team is always willing to help build a custom report. Onboarding is a god send. Super easy for the administrators as well as the employees. Overall from start to finish, Proliant has everything we need. Payroll, Onboarding, HR functions, Document Storage.

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. If you don't know something about the system, you can pretty much use the help/training to figure it out. If not there is always personalized support. I also love how responsive the Proliant team is. If there is ever something I need, I hear back the same day and get a very quick turnaround time.

Cons

Additional State Specific HR laws. Also Industry Specific laws/regulations.

ADP Workforce Now, Paycor and Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We are a growing team, and needed a much more efficient system that had more features.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Pricing, Some of the systems are way to Broad for our small team.
Austin B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Need more support

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

I like Proliant and I appreciate all of Daron's efforts to help us. We are a needy customer, and I acknowledge that.

Pros

The reporting tools in RPO are very powerful and work pretty well.

Cons

Attendance on Demand is completely over engineered for our needs. It's very frustrating trying to learn the system, is not intuitive, and is inflexible for what I want it to do.

I really like having a dedicated account manager, but I often feel they are stretched too thin.

Training on the system has been difficult. The training documents are not helpful at all because these are not configured for our particular setup, especially as it relates to Attendance on Demand.

In the reporting tool, I've asked about a DOZEN different people in different departments to help me configure one specific report: A snapshot of the active employees on a given day in history; I want to be able to pull a simple report saying who was actively employed on October 22, 2019, for example... NOT who are the active employees TODAY with data from that time period. I've requested this from my account managers (4 different people), client relationships managers (2 different people), and trainers (3 different people). No one has been able to support me on this simple request.

Miranda M.

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

Pros

I like that it has everything that I need in one place and is easy to navigate and understand.

Cons

I dislike that the layout has a rather boring super old school look to it, but it still gets the job done perfectly and the look is more of a personal preference.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Economical solution, but has its quirks and deficiencies

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

I love Proliant and support this company. I appreciate their vision and what they are doing, but I think they are experiencing some growing pains. They are always willing to help and because their programming is in-house, suggestions you make to improve the platform are taken seriously and implemented. This is one of their greatest strengths. They are constantly updating and making improvements!

Pros

Proliant is very easy to use, for the most part. The system makes sense. The products offered for the price are the best bang for your buck when compared to other HRIS. Also, the dedicated service team is wonderful and makes things so much easier, especially if you are a smaller company.

Cons

The functionality between Proliant and their Time and Labor system is terrible. There are constant issues with the communication between Proliant and Time and Labor, causing somewhat of an administrative burden. It's manageable, but a pain.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

ADP is astronomically expensive and you could never reach anyone in their customer service department if you had an issue.

Cost and familiarity.
Niki V.

We really like Proliant!

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Proliant is helping me as an HR manager move from manually tracking many things and keeping up with a million spreadsheets. Want to know who's active? Run a query. That literally was something I couldn't do and get an accurate list out of our old system.

Pros

We love the ability for people to go in and handle their own updates, their own absences, and pull their own paystubs and W-2s. I also love the applicant tracking and onboarding - it saves me so much time!

Cons

It was somewhat difficult to integrate, but that was much more the fault of our old payroll system and its major limitations. I think the hardest thing with Proliant has been trying to make it fit our very strange business model (school), with multiple pay years, absence tracking years, etc. Slowly but surely we are getting there!

Paychex Flex and Paycor

Payroll module was sunsetted

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Better price, better features, could integrate with Benefitfirst
Cathie C.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Proliant are Industry Leaders

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I would highly recommend Proliant for all Payroll & HR services. They have proven to us to be the industry leader!

Pros

Proliant was the best decision for our organization in 2014 because they were by far the industry leader in understanding the Affordable Care Act. As a multi-company with mostly hourly employees we needed professionals that could guide us through the law and help us be and stay compliant. We were able to continue to be an E-verify employer with the Talent Acquisition & Hiring feature. Proliant's commitment to providing employers with tools to navigate the ever changing laws brought them to the top again during the Covid-19 Crisis and reporting for the PPP loans and tax credits. They provided weekly webinars to their clients and offered great customer support.

Cons

Although the software is user-friendly, I would like to have available training sessions with professionals.

Pam O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 30/10/2021

Overall I like Proliant a lot compared to the other payroll companies I have used in the past.
I love the fact that I can always talk to the same person and if I have a question it gets answered right away and I don't have to call 10 times and talk to a different person each time and my problem never gets resolved like it was with my previous payroll companies, and if I leave a message my calls get returned in a timely manner.

Pros

The easiness of using it. Once you learn how it works it's easy to find what I need and to input payroll, as well as put in deductions for my employees.

Cons

The reports for work comp audit could be easier to find and use. I always have trouble making sure I'm not sending in the wrong dates for the audit from year to year. What makes it hard is the date of the checks versus the dates worked in that period, to make sure it lines up from year to year without overlapping. I don't want to pay work comp double because of sending the wrong dates.

Dorcas J.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reliable, Affordable Payroll Software

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Overall, I really like the product. The system is easy to use and the support staff is phenomenal!

Pros

I love the ease in which I can on onboard employees and process payroll. We are a staffing agency, adding and terminating 2-3 employees on a daily basis. Payroll is just one small aspect of my job. With all the other things I have going on, I can't afford to spend a lot of time setting up new employees and running payroll each week.

Cons

The online timesheet only allows for employees to enter total hours worked each day instead of putting in the actual time. Also, in an employee misses a punch using the timeclock, there's no automated way for them to request that there time be adjusted. Thirdly, you cannot lock a timecard until midnight of the last day of the pay cycle. This is very problematic for the online time sheets where a supervisor approves time on Friday and the employee comes in on Saturday and changes his/her time. Once the timecard is approved and locked, no one but the supervisor or administrator should be able to go in and change the time.

Christopher D.

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

I have worked with over 5 different payroll providers and Proliant is by far the best in all aspects.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is set up in a very practical manner.

Cons

I do not have really any dislikes, maybe that it makes me change my password as an admin to often.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We switched simply for a better product.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Cost, customer service, sales service, and ease of use. The implementation process was presented and executed way better as well.
Donna L.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Could be better

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

It's OK but could be a lot better. A lot of work is needed with the timekeeping interface and reports.

Pros

Most of the payroll features work well when an update doesn't break something

Cons

The timekeeping interface is a nightmare. It works well enough on it's own but the interface is not good. The customer support for the timekeeping feature is mostly non-existent.
The reports and report writer are not that great. The reports consistently leave employees out and you can't rely on the answers 100%. The report writer doesn't have cumulative total fields to create concise reports.
Much of the maintenance is not available to the administrator and you have to rely of support to update your tables for payroll and timekeeping; especially timekeeping.
Updates to software aren't adequately tested before turnover

Paylocity, ADP Workforce Now, Paycom and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Infinisource did not treat void checks correctly

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Perceived better reporting and void check treatment
Jennifer D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

So Happy We Made the Switch to Proliant!

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

I was dreading the switch because we had just gone through implementation with another provider. I have no regrets. Proliant is on top of it. Our first payroll was easy! The tax team is responsive and any issues are quickly and easily resolved. I am excited to integrate our expense reimbursement into Proliant instead of cutting checks.

Pros

The implementation team was very knowledgeable and made the transition from our previous provider seamless and painless. The Ready Pay Online platform is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Unlimited training is helpful in learning all the different aspects of the software. The customer service has been amazing; I quickly get accurate answers to all of my questions.

Cons

I still struggle with Reporting and finding or customizing reports to the content and format I need.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Workforce Now was difficult to navigate, the reporting was impossible, and there were so many issues on the back end due to poor implementation that we are still trying to correct errors. Customer service was severely lacking and the wait times and response times were unacceptable.

Amy J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good Payroll Solution

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

We have had an overall good experience with Proliant after implementation which was very difficult for us.
It takes much less time to process payroll now that we have electronic timekeeping and can draw funds from more than one bank account.

Pros

I like that it is mostly intuitive and user friendly for someone who is technically challenged.
I like the NovaTime solution for time and labor...much better than AOD, which was horrible.

Cons

I do not like that RPO and NovaTime are separate systems...would really like one integrated system. It is very difficult to get employees set up to track hours on their phone. The process to link RPO and NovaTime is complicated and not intuitive.
Report writing is not intuitive.

Veronica O.

Best Decision we made to Switch

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

My overall experience has been positive and I am able to quickly help my teammates navigate the software. Being able to access resources and training links along with the support team Proliant has in place to assist with additional training or questions you may have, has made my learning of the software very easy.

Pros

Seems very easy to learn and when you have questions, there is a section you can review how to use certain features. There are resources and training links to help you navigate the software and the support team is amazing in helping you understand how to use the software properly.

Cons

The only con I can see is occasionally the time and labor feature times out while you are working. It's quick to get back in to the feature, just haven't asked the team about how to keep it from logging out.

Nancy S.

DKC Review of Proliant

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

I would say that our experience has been a positive one. I have had some really great support people but they always seem to leave and we're left with some that aren't very helpful. I would like to see the training and support materials improved. They give you an overall understanding of what the tool does but, when you have an issue, it's really difficult to try and find the answer on your own.

Pros

Our implementation was very easy. Each of our implementation specialists were very engaged and knowledgeable and helpful during our implementation. The layout is is user friendly and the modules offered are all important aspects of the HR function. I also like the amount of tools provided.

Cons

While implementation was easy, the training to use the software was lacking. Watching someone go through a video of the modules wasn't as useful as being able to get into a testing site and actually use the software. I wish the guides were a little more user friendly. Sometimes it's hard to tell which guide the information I'm looking for is in. The help feature is nice but, when I tried to use it, it didn't provide me with the information I was looking for.

Kathy W.

Great Customer Service and Implementation, Product is Good Quality

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

So glad we switched to Proliant- we were using APS and it was a miserable experience. I have used ADP in the past and did not want that again. I have also used several different ATS' s and this one is one of the best.

Pros

Relatively user-friendly, customer service is very responsive, implementation was smooth. Any minor issues that come up are addressed immediately.

Cons

The product itself can be a little clunky. The mobile app is good, but has some issues- specifically: lag time where the employee thinks the time punch didn't go through so they double-punch. Some of this depends on the employee and wifi, but this happens even when wifi is strong. Hoping this is resolved in later versions. Also, the different components (ATS, Benefits portal, Payroll, etc.) while the systems talk together, there is a certain amount of clunkiness between systems (i.e. different branding, etc.)

Phil L.

Proliant for rapidly-growing firm, great access to data

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Pros

Implementation was very easy
Payroll tool is straightforward
Report Writer is fantastic

Cons

PTO management - no forecasting, review of time tracked versus requested
Variable payees on payroll can be tough to manage occasionally (we have a 1099 payroll that runs once monthly, and the payees vary - often they won't show on the payroll and we have to add them every time)

Traliant, Justworks Hours and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We had seen declining service levels from our PEO as they were acquired by larger firms (twice!) and we were fed up with the lack of direct access to our payroll and benefits data.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Cost, service during sale, access to data, technology forward toolset
Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Best software for all in one HR

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

Pros

Best part about using Proliant is the integration all in one place.

Cons

The only issues we have ran into were communications with an account manager, which were fixed very quickly when we brought them up and addressed them.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

The previous software was awful to use.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Ease of use, cost, bait and switch sales tactics.
Julia C.

IDA's Review

Reviewed on 08/11/2021

I absolutely love Proliant and our customer service rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Pros

I like the ease and accuracy of the actual processing of the payroll.

Cons

The difficulty in new employees setting up access to the time clock.