IntakeQ

Write a Review!
Web-based intake forms management software

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.8/5

292 Reviews for UK Users

Beau

It is truly the BEST practice management software and EHR that I have yet to find all in one!

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

After set up, it really is close to perfect. The customer care is excellent and they get back to me within 30min-2hrs max. I rarely have had to wait more than 12-14hrs for a reply. They even will jump on a tech support call if you need help, but the Help Resource section is very well done!

Pros

It offers everything that your business needs to conduct HIPAA compliant SOPs. I honestly have not seen any other software platforms that have as many features and allow for customizations.

Cons

It is a little tricky to set up, but the customization is limitless!

Ben

Ahead of its time ( 10 year ago)

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

The provided color schemes and templates are not only unappealing but also lack the much-needed customization capabilities. Users are cornered into utilizing their default email templates, which unfortunately have a strong spam-like appearance. There's no available option to incorporate personal branding with a unique domain or to employ a white label solution. The support team continually praises the product's adaptability, but their grasp on the actual setup and customization for distinct business applications appears shaky at best. They're quick to spotlight its adaptability, often suggesting that users can tweak it as they see fit. However, the reality is that there's a glaring absence of crucial features and functionalities. My list of its deficiencies could extend for pages.You're limited to setting up triggers or actions based solely on new clients or scheduled appointments. There's no mechanism to automatically add or remove tags based on specific actions, which is a significant oversight. Although they have a feature request section, their response is often sluggish, with a tendency to prioritize trivial updates that don't genuinely cater to user needs. A pivotal enhancement would be to simplify workflows and provide integrations with platforms geared towards selling services, like Shopify. While this platform might suit office functionalities, it severely underperforms for companies aiming to sell their services online and seeking seamless integrations.Moreover,

Pros

The customization options for setting up your work flows are pretty good.

Cons

Gross colors schemes and templets that aren't customizable. You're stuck sending there email templets that look like Spam and you can't brand your own domain or white label. The support set-up just likes to talk about how cool the product is but they don;t know how to set it up or optimize it for yor business. They say thats whhy it's so cool, bevause you can do whatever you want with it. I could go on for hours about the missing feature and

Megan

Pretty good system

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

It was overall pretty good.

It was overall pretty good.

Pros

I liked the payment options and the ability to structure it how I needed to.

Cons

I didn't like how recurring payments was structured. It could have been more user friendly in some ways.

Athena

Reasons for Choosing IntakeQ

To combine features needed in that environment.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to IntakeQ

It was cheaper
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent support for my small business!

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Overall, IntakeQ allows me to connect with clients and gain initial information before our first appointment allowing them the opportunity to share what is most important to them rather than spend the time completing paperwork. This is a great benefit to me.

Pros

I am very pleased to be able to allow clients opportunity to communicate and complete personal health information online in their preferred way to communicate without fear of exposing their personal health information to others. I also appreciate the pricing for this product.
I love the responsiveness of the customer service.

Cons

I wish that the software worked well with PayPal or had their own credit card processor. I also would like to be able to submit payments to insurance companies through the system. Among the features that exist already, I wish that you could click on the clients’ name where ever it appears and be able to get back to their profile page without having to go to the client’s list. I also wish that when stopping a recurrence, you could have a choice of stopping all including the appointment that is open and not just all of the ones after the one that is open.
When I am in the message center and want to click to another client, I have to refresh the page to ensure that the right page is connected to the right client. Otherwise the name will change, but the page remains on the previous client’s page.

Angela
Angela

Gives you control

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Overall I have been pleased and satisfied with it. I like the level at which I can individualize it. The developers frequently improve and add more to it. Also, The price has stayed very reasonable.

Pros

It had everything I needed for practice management, and I could integrate it with online services I was already using, such as Square, Office Ally, and Google Workplace. The price was reasonable, and I had more control over how to set everything up, i.e. documentation, the client portal, and automated processes.

Cons

Some things took a while to figure out how to do, and there have been some bugs. I wish there was more control over organizing documentation under a client's profile. I had experience developing documentation and using integrations with Google Workspace Apps, so it was probably an easier transition for me than it would be for someone who didn't have that experience.

lntakeQ

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

I really like IntakeQ and I love being able to have organized information of my clients. It saves time by sending completed forms right to their file.

Pros

Working in the Mental Health field, we need software that is HIPAA compliant, but also reasonable in price. IntakeQ offers both!!! It also has a sleek design that looks professional. Auto-save is also a life saver. I have had several notes lost due to internet cutting out. Notes take a while and not having to redo them makes life so much easier. Customer service is friendly and always there to help whenever things may go wrong.

Cons

One thing I would like is that if you click on a Client's name, then it would take you to their home page. An app would also be beneficial since the forms don't convert well to phones.

Customer Support is Outstanding!

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

I love how quick, polite, and helpful the customer service is. I always receive an email reply back about my question or concern within one business day - usually much quicker, within the hour!

Cons

For our purposes, it would be helpful to have more options with sending forms back to clients once complete (like after a year or so) for them to update info. But, other than that we are very pleased!

Wonderful Intake System!

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

IntakeQ is a very great and affordable tool for the entire patient intake process!

Pros

- Unbeatable customer service!
- Very simple and easy to use
- HIPPA-compliant and secure when sending and receiving information
- Connected to my Google calendar making it very easy to see patient appointments on my mobile phone
- Can upload ANY patient info including insurance cards and IDs

Cons

- I wish ALL alerts would be sent to my email including when a patient starts filling out their forms not just when they complete it
- Making forms on your own in the beginning is very challenging and need to learn how to make the forms; definitely a learning curve with this one!
- It would be nice to have the incoming fax feature

Reliable and user-friendly platform

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Pros

Based on my almost a year experience, I can say that this is by far more convenient platform that I ever used.

It is simple, reliable, and very intelligent.

The team behind IntakeQ Is very responsive and quick.

Cons

Invoices data export does not currently show actual amount paid. I believe it can be fixed soon.

Response from IntakeQ

Hello there,

Thank you for the positive review! Invoices export should definitely show the amount paid. Please get in touch with our support at [email protected] and we'll be happy to look into this for you.
Thanks again!

Great EMR - Ive used many and for the price, customer service, and ease of use, this is my...

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Pros

You can customize it any way youd like. It has automated reminders, etc. Very easy to use!

Cons

Cant think of any! The customer service is truly what makes this EMR so great. I get responses back extremely quick and there is always an answer!

Nicole

New patients no longer ruin my day

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Great overall experience. Excellent product. Has saved me hours of time and frustration not having my new patients organized. Now we can reschedule them if we do not see their paperwork done 24 hours prior to their appointment time instead of assuming they filled it out AND remember to bring it.

Pros

For years we stressed about new patient paperwork not being filled out and causing my schedule to run 30-45 minutes behind when they forget to fill out 8 pages of paperwork. The forms are easy to make and send. Patients can fill them out on their cell phone which is a huge help for my practice since we have many seasonal visitors in Scottsdale. The customer service is excellent. Always above and beyond and super fast. A huge refreshing change from my last portal. Horrible customer service. The membership option is very helpful and if you want to switch to a concierge membership program I would highly recommend using the IntakeQ billing system.

Cons

I hate their schedule. It is ugly. It is clunky. I can never see all my patients in one day well. The print outs of the schedule waste a lot of paper. This could all be easily improved upon. But we make it work.

Jessica

Love IntakeQ!

Reviewed on 11/05/2023

I switched from another EMR system and feel IntakeQ is significantly better for me than previous. Love it!

Pros

I love that everything is now in one place for our company. We have the portal, calendar, and all forms all in one location vs having to use multiple programs. The ease of use and amazing customer service are added bonuses

Cons

I did have to get help from someone a little more technical than me to help set up our initial forms. Part of this was because I was limited on time and I knew they could do it much faster than me.

Rebeca

Great product with potentiality for excellence

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Functionality of the firms and charting is great. Client portal is excellent. Lacks employee management. Would be great if it had voice to text.

Pros

The customization of the forms is greater.

Cons

Customer service. Our personal experience is that it’s hit or miss.

Tate

Easy and Extremely Effective

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

Pros

This software is the ideal solution for medical practices like mine that need to send paperwork to patients before their initial visits with us. This not only allows us to have the paperwork to review ahead of time but also allows our clinic to run more efficiently as our team doesn't have to wait for people to fill in their paperwork by hand in the office. They are excellent at converting detailed forms such as ours into digital copies without losing the integrity of the questions we are trying to answer. It also tells you who has started on their paperwork and how far they've gotten, while allowing you to print off any partial forms that aren't fully filled out. Also a terrific value for what you pay.

Cons

If I had to nitpick, I would say the only thing I don't like about the software is that because we send the links in email form, some people try to fill it out via phone and don't make it very far.

Zachary

Unparalleled Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

My experience doesn't matter as much as my clients' experiences: they all love the intake and consent forms going right to their email, and they love the appointment reminders (text and email.) It really goes a long way to make my practice come across as professional.

Pros

The software is intuitive and amazingly flexible. There are templates built-in for consent forms, assessments, and notes, but you also have the ability to customize each template to suit your practice's needs and create completely new templates. I use IntakeQ for everything: scheduling, billing/invoices, notes, diagnosis, Superbilling, appointment reminders, and secure communication with clients. The customer service department is ABSOLUTELY amazing to the point that I asked them "where can I leave you a review because you deserve recognition." I've had a few questions for them, and I've always got a response within an hour or two. I can't recommend this service enough. It runs my entire practice.

Cons

Initially, I was a little hesitant about the idea of having to create my own forms, but the templates provided made it super easy to tweak them to suit my needs.

Ruel

IntakeQ has made scheduling, sending forms, and reminding clients of appointments much easier.

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

Having clients be able to schedule their own appointments and access paperwork online is a huge benefit. I also love that clients get a text reminder, which means I don't have to remind clients of their appointment time.

Pros

I love that clients can schedule their own appointments, get email/text reminders, and fill out paperwork online.

Cons

I wish there were more features available for linked calendars and spacing out appointment times. For example, I have it set within IntakeQ to link with my work Google calendar. When a client schedules an appointment through IntakeQ there is a 15-minute space that is created between sessions. However, sometimes clients schedule an appointment with me which I put into my Google calendar. These appointments are not scheduled through IntakeQ so, therefore, there is not a 15-minute space between sessions with clients. As a result, I'm often left with back to back appointments with clients without any break. I realize I can go into IntakeQ and schedule the appointment however that is not always possible.

Beth
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Ease of non contact paperwork

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

I overall love the ease this has make paperwork. Not all patients like it, but we do.

Pros

I love that we can send all forms needed to patients to fill out prior to the appointment. The ease of checkin is a huge importance to use. The non-contact is also helpful with recent events. Intake uploads these forms directly to the patient's chart.

Cons

I would like the schedule to be synced from Rev to Intake. That way we wouldn't have to type in each individual patient.

Weave

Reasons for Switching to IntakeQ

Cheaper
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Exceptional customer service, clean/professional forms & nothing but positive feedback from...

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Really impressed with IntakeQ. The online forms have allowed our practice to operate smoothly and efficiently from the very beginning. We have always felt valued as a customer too, which isn't necessarily easy to come by these days.

Pros

As a practice in our first year of business, IntakeQ really helped us get started on the right foot. Creating all of our forms from the very beginning with IntakeQ has truly made a positive impact on our patient experience. Collaborating with the customer service team makes the design process enjoyable, they are always available and incredibly helpful! Patients have appreciated being able to complete the forms via cell phone and they like that progress is saved as they go. We haven't had a single negative review about IntakeQ from our patients. I am glad that we found IntakeQ and I strongly recommend IntakeQ to any practices looking to be paperless and utilize online intake forms.

Cons

Can't think of any cons to IntakeQ, although at first I wasn't sure if we needed it since we were just starting out as a solo practice. Not the case! The cost is definitely worth it, no questions asked. Between the dedicated customer service team and positive patient feedback, I can't imagine our office opening a year ago without IntakeQ.

Laurie

Customizable EHR

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Pros

IntakeQ is really user friendly and intuitive. New therapists at our agency are able to learn it quickly. My favorite part is that the forms are highly customizable so we can make changes and improvements easily.

Cons

The fact that the income report isn't itemized in one page for downloading.

Kristin
  • Industry: Cosmetics

We love Intake Q.

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Very POSITIVE.

Very POSITIVE.

Pros

We use this for Consent forms, Treatment notes and other client information, the program is easy to set up use and very affordable.

Cons

Nothing I really dislike but I would like to see some additional features... I would love a kiosk mode that is more clean and simplified (brandable) for when clients are filling out information on an ipad in our office... And a way to color code the blocks on the left bar where they are either green for intake forms or blue for notes... I would love to assign colors based on the form being used.

Jason
  • Industry: Medical Practice

One of the very best online products I have purchased

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

I've been with IntakeQ since the early days. Even from the very beginning, it was a solid product with excellent pricing. I have noticed over time that new and very useful features are added on a consistent and frequent basis, which I love. This service is continually improving and continually impressing me. It has been an important and welcome addition to my medical practice. I fully endorse IntakeQ!

Pros

Well designed, well coded. Visually pleasing. Constant improvement and addition of new features. Excellent support.

Cons

I have no significant cons about this software. It is excellent.

Jason

Pure 5 star experience

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Pros

IntakeQ has everything I need to run my clinic, skipping none of the features. I've spent the last month creating sheets to weigh in all of the options, with IntakeQ winning over and over again. The interface is clean, modern, and easy to use for both clients and clinicians. Adding assistants and non-clinical staff is simple, without any limitations to what they can see or interact with unless I create said limitations. The ability to use Zapier and export the API means those of us looking to really make something fancy are able to explore endless possibilities. For my clinic, which hinges on being state of the art, this is the perfect platform.

Cons

Clinical note templates and treatment plans leave a bit to be desired, especially in comparison to Simple Practice or Thernest- both of which have robust templates. This is really only a con if you find yourself regularly using quick labels or quick notes, which our non-clinical staff like to do. Though, our clinicians often correct said notes and customize them, which is something IntakeQ allows for.

Ashley
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Makes my work so much easier

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

I no longer have to scan client paperwork to upload it to their chart. Saves me on cost of printing and time scanning and storing paper documents! Allows me to get client information ahead of the appointment and maintain privacy.

Pros

Very easy for me to set up and use. My clients appreciate the efficiency and hassle free process of completing paperwork. I think it enhances the professional credibility of my business. AND it's HIPAA compliant!!!

Cons

When I print forms it prints a ridiculous number of pages. That feature could be improved. Maybe add option to print in a smaller font.

Response from IntakeQ

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the excellent review! The following article shows how to have a more compact print-out of your forms: https://support.intakeq.com/article/29-can-i-make-my-forms-use-less-paper-when-printing-them
I hope this helps!

Katie

Everything works efficiently and customer service is superb.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

Pros

How easy it is for the patients to use. How amazing the customer service team is. No matter how small the issue they respond and fix the problem faster than any other customer service I have ever dealt with.

Cons

My only complaint would be when you trying to block a time off, when you click on the hour block you want it defaults to 15 minute increment time instead of an even hour.

Yehuda

Very Happy. Great Product

Reviewed on 23/01/2022

Pros

Pretty much everything. A great system truly built around the needs of the practitioner, kind of like the Toyota of EHRs. Interface is fresh and easy to use. Customization is a breeze and functionality is fantastic. I shopped for an EHR for many months and was told by colleagues that I will eventually have to succumb to Simple Practice. They were wrong and I am so happy that I trusted my instincts that there just had to be a better, affordable solution out there. IQ is that solution.

Cons

No live support and no 2-way communication on alerts (meaning, if i send a reminder to a coworker I do not know whether they opened it and there is no way for the coworker to 'sign off' on the reminder when it is has been completed.

We also needed to create quite a trail of workarounds to deal with some glitches relating to the inability to attach treatment notes to outgoing claims in the Office Ally integration. But IQ was receptive and worked with us and we got it done.