Quickbase Reviews

Quickbase

No-code collaborative work and project management platform.

4.1/5

Brad
Brad

Quickbase transformed our business

Reviewed on 04/01/2017

My company is an energy efficiency contracting business with 20+ employees and $2.5M in annual revenue across residential and commercial business lines. Before we used Quickbase, we had used a combination of other software, and a proprietary software we built to manage our operations. Where these software fell short, Quickbase far exceeded. Simply put the ability create, extend, and change our application to meet our specific needs in a constantly changing environment is powerful. Our application has become our CRM, Project Management, and Operational tracking ad reporting software all built into one with a lot of automation and integration to boot!

Pros

Developing on Quickbase is incredibly easy. Most business operators with basic business software instincts can start building in Quickbase immediately, or they can choose an application on their exchange to start off with. Beyond the basics, where Quickbase really shines is how robust of a platform it is with incredible functionality including beautiful reporting, dynamic filtering, formula fields and form logic, integration ability, and more. There's always a new trick you can learn in Quickbase.

In terms of usability, that's really all in the app your choose to use or build. It can be really clunky or sleek. All depends on your ability to build a usable app. The design of the interface is basic, but they're in the process of rolling out a new UI called Mercury that looks great.

Cons

Quickbase does not provide a ton of customer support. They rely on an incredible community of users and developers as well as approved Quickbase Solutions Providers (QSPs) that customers can contract with for help with building their applications. But if you're looking to go at it on your own, you will have to dig if you need help with something. As savvy of as Quickbase user I am, it took me three years before I even learned that I had an account manager at Quickbase.

Michelle
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Quickbase Review

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Pros

Quickbase allows developers to customize the apps, forms, tables, and fields to best fit our application. It allows us to use coding to achieve some cool code pages and buttons within our apps. In addition, Quickbase continues to make improvements to the ease of use both within the apps and the Pipelines. Adding drag and drop features allows us to make changes quicker than we did before when we had to remove and re add.

Cons

Additional Pipeline tags would be a nice feature to have. Right now we are limited on the number of tags we can have for our Pipelines. Additionally, it is difficult to remove old tags as you have to go through each individual Pipeline and remove the tag. This is especially difficult for companies with hundreds of Pipelines such as ourselves. Additionally, we would like to see some of our support cases gain more traction. There have been numerous times where we submit an issue and the ticket either gets ghosted after the first communication, or the ticket just gets closed with no explanation. Currently there is an issue where our users can see the fields under a tab that is "hidden".Finally, it would be beneficial to be able to see more helpful details in the field usage page, especially with Pipelines. It tells you if it is used in one but there is no easy way to find that Pipeline from the information given.

abe

Disturbing Relationship with a company that should be there for your success

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

In the begining, we started using the app. everything was great until about a year in. im not happy and for the investment, take my advise, SPEND the Extra money and just use Salesforce they arent the best platform for no good reasons. we have already started using Salesforce and have befitted from the switch Greatly.

Pros

This App is basically an excel sheet on steroids.

Cons

The app takes you through multiple steps to save, add or edit an app page. When it comes to process, this app will make you click "Edit" then once you enter your data you have to click "save". The "premier" users or platinum users is ok but when you try to speak to them, all you get is "good luck going else where" . The fact is, they will lure you in, but lets face it. once you move your database in, they count on you not moving it out.

Salesforce Revenue Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

I thought it would be the same quality for a cheaper price, we were all wrong.
Michael
Michael
  • Industry: Political Organization

Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master

Reviewed on 18/09/2015

I have been using Quickbase since July of 2011 with my consulting firm that specializes in making Operations, Logistics, and Finance-related applications for many clients in the Washington, DC area. Coming from a statistics programming background, I found it very easy to start making simple relational databases and customize the user experience to my liking. Over the years, Quickbase has only gotten better in offering more options and polish, while still remaining stable and very robust for any number of use cases. One downside to being such a broad tool is that our clients sometimes don't even think to ask if something can be done in Quickbase, and instead wasting money on a more targeted application that is more out of the box ready. We commonly find that with new clients, making a simple app starts to open up the "what ifs" in their mind on what can be done in Quickbase. This is made even easier these days with the Quickbase App Exchange, showcasing beginner level applications, and the new Quickbase Sync which allows out of the box (one-way) data transfers from several 3rd party applications.

Overall as a developer, the more time you put into exploring what Quickbase can do, the more possibilities there are in meeting requirements for potential projects.

Pros

Easy to set-up, but has a lot of depth for those willing to take the time to learn. Low-code and great for experienced Excel and Google Sheets formula writers.

Cons

They are working on this, but the front end often receives complaints for looking too plain. Also the summary aggregation reports are in need of some TLC, and adding more functionality for picky executives who want things to look a certain way. I hope the attention they are putting into the very nice looking graphs and charting options is turned to Summary Reports soon!

Robertson
Robertson
  • Industry: Printing
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Deploy highly customizable workflow apps in no time

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Overall, it meets our business and operational needs within manufacturing quality. We use QuickBase in a number of our operations workflow. Workflow automation, messaging system, and customizable user dashboards are 3 key features in this app that we use a lot.

Pros

QuickBase is one of those apps that allow actual app users to design and create applications based on what they actually need. This is a platform that allows you to deploy apps in no time. This app also allows you to continuously evolve your apps as new requirements arise.

Cons

Just like any other platforms in the market, this platform is constantly evolving. Areas where I think QuickBase can improve more is its native report generation capability. More chart types and more widgets you can fit in the dynamic dashboard within its native capability is a welcome improvement.

Swapnil
Swapnil
  • Industry: Textiles

QuickBase: Streamline Your Business Processes and Improve Operational Agility

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Our experience with QuickBase has been overwhelmingly positive. We found that the platform was very intuitive, making it easy for us to get up and running quickly. The features and integrations allowed us to easily automate many of our business processes, saving us time and money. The customer support team was also incredibly helpful in walking us through any issues we had. Overall, QuickBase has been an invaluable tool for our company and has helped us improve our operational agility, customer responsiveness, and employee engagement.

Pros

What I liked the most about Quickbase is its power and flexibility when it comes to customizing solutions to fit your business's needs. Not only that, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful - they always respond quickly and provide support whenever needed. Furthermore, the interface is very user-friendly and intuitive; you can create a database in minutes with no coding skills necessary. All in all, QuickBase provides an excellent solution for businesses looking to quickly streamline their processes and increase efficiency.

Cons

One of the things we didn't like about QuickBase was the lack of user-friendly features. While the platform is powerful, it can be quite difficult to set up and maintain. The learning curve might be a bit steep for less tech-savvy users, so they may need assistance in getting accustomed to the software. Additionally, there are limited customization options for the look and feel of the applications created in QuickBase.

Isabelle
Isabelle

Quickbase - for the motivated user

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

Quickbase can be as powerful as you make it - it has the ability to build huge, custom, smart databases that are integrated with other platforms to remove data silos and ensure smooth and efficient work flows. However to really get the most out of Quickbase you need to be motivated to learn, explore and build test case apps to really understand what you need and how to get that out of QuickBase. The learning curve isn't too bad, and there is a fantastic community of users providing innovative solutions to problems all the time.

Pros

Great support and help system
New "QuickBase University" for training and learning is great for new and old users to develop their QB development
Fantastic flexibility to build exactly what you need

Cons

User interface - not great, our organisation has struggled with uptake due to the reasonably spartan and functional user interface

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Utilities

Scale Business Processes with Intuit QuickBase

Reviewed on 31/05/2015

I have found from using Intuit QuickBase that it allows for very custom, time-consuming business processes to be transformed into a simple "app" or database without any coding. If you have a technical background, QuickBase also provides code pages for even further customization of the functions and interface. The interface is quite intuitive and directs users to the buttons they need to perform their actions. I attribute the successful adoption patterns to the simplistic user interface. The interface looks more like a web application and less like a DIY database. The platform is a perfect alternative to Microsoft Access or Excel. I utilize features like automated emails, workflows/business logic, and custom dashboards with reporting to ensure my users always have the information most important to them. I have built QuickBase apps that support hundreds of users and core business processes, many which are custom to the industry or organization, replacing the need for ERP functionality.

Pros

-Intuitive user interface
-Ad-hoc report builder (great for non-technical users)
-No-code/low-code platform (quickly create and deploy apps/databases)
-Custom dashboards for specific users/roles
-Security of Intuit (TurboTax, QuickBooks, etc.)
-Awesome support and account management

Cons

-Improved mobile app
-Increased branding/white-labeling

Response from Quickbase

Thanks for the positive feedback, Rick! We love having you as a customer!

Laura
Laura

QuickBase Accelerates Productivity

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

QuickBase applications can accelerate productivity by enabling Rapid Application Development with a simple low-code platform. The highest level of permissions controls with simple, easy to use forms and dashboards which provide Users with information at their fingertips. The applications I have built, enable businesses around the world to capture, share, report and collaborate as teams providing a centralized single-input source of business-critical data. QuickBase is easily scalable and allows businesses to connect their Applications to other cloud-based data sources. Taking QuickBase beyond its native capabilities is easily achieved with customized programming and support from QuickBase Developers who can make QuickBase function at the highest levels in business.

Pros

Easy to build, fast to deploy with plenty of online, community and Developer support. QuickBase is a tool to replace other data-entry software and programs. Strong permission controls; easy-to-build Forms; easy-to-build reports; and regular free updates to the interface from Intuit which invests heavily into improvements and upgrades which are at no extra charge to the customer.

Cons

Do not expect QuickBase to be a replacement for business-level Accounting software such as QuickBooks, although QuickBase can be integrated with Accounting software in different ways.

Magaly
Magaly
  • Industry: Textiles

An experience of 11 months of use

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

As I use a few software that generate reports, this one also allows me to do them and so I relate them and generate a more complete file. In the time that I am using it, I find it an easy to use application.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the possibility to generate reports, something that in my field is very useful and saves time. In addition, it allows you to create applications with little or no programming experience.

Cons

In my case I consider it a more useful application for developers. Some modifications require a more technical handling, so that people from the area of letters like me, we would use it somewhat superfluous.

Nick
  • Industry: Facilities Services

An essential Project Management software.

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

A major benefit is being able to keep track of all your files in one place. Then taking that data in those files and converting it into reports and charts.

Pros

This software will bring you and your origination into the 21st century. What is considered the "norm" are Excel files and sheets. Well with QuickBase, the software allows the user to create Apps. What these apps can do is create an entire realm of excel sheets into one application. This eliminates the need to save and send and keep track of one or many excel files. By have one application house all of your files any user can log into QuickBase and continue to works where the last person left off. No need to save and send and wait on some else to finish their part. All the data the lives inside these apps are in a "live" state and the data is shown in real time. The other good part about QuickBase is all this data can be converted into reports and charts, allowing the end user to display visual aids to meet needs.

Cons

There are a few minor cons however I will not write them as they are mainly just pet peeves of mines. I would say one con is, it will take some time for a new user of this software to start building applications. Now I am not saying this is a long process if the person is willing to learn they will learn rather quickly. QuickBase also offers what is called QuickBase University, user can join this online training course to help rapidly learn how to use this software.

Eric
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Title your review

Reviewed on 24/07/2021

Quickbase can be frustrating at times, but it has allowed us to do in a matter of a year or so what would have otherwise taken us close to a decade with skilled programmers building from scratch.

Pros

Quickbase is very easy to use, and production is fast. It supports a wide range of features and integrations which make managing and responding to your data very easy. The support and development teams are fantastic, and Quickbase is constantly rolling out new features to improve their platform.

Cons

Since Quickbase is a low-code platform, developers are only allowed to do what Quickbase supports without resorting to code. Don't misunderstand, there is a lot you can do with Quickbase natively, but if you want to add a feature that doesn't have native support, then you may find yourself building very complex data structures, or simply resorting to programming to get things done.

The UI looks like it fell out of the 90s, but I understand that several recent updates and several planned updates are changing this in good ways.

Quickbase is highly customizable

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Quickbase is a good platform for mass creation of work orders or tasks, reporting on high levels and tracking work orders.

Pros

This software can be customized for your companies specific needs, can generate work orders and dispatch them, can be accessed via mobile app or web browser and has completely customizable reporting.

Cons

Unlike other work order generating platforms, this does not have a chat feature for the person work orders are dispatched to and the dispatcher integrated within the system.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

Ease of use, cost and functionality.

Response from Quickbase

It's rewarding for us to hear about your experience with QuickBase. Helping you get the job done so you can spend more time doing what you love is what we're here for. Wishing you a year filled with success! - The QuickBase Team.

• Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great platform. Young but with lots of potential.

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Overall great. Excited to see where they take the platform. Great company.

Overall great. Excited to see where they take the platform. Great company.

Pros

Their premise of citizen development is spot on and what is needed right now by businesses. SFDC is too restrictive technologically and the price tag is prohibitive. Quick Base allows businesses to be agile and build either applications for the long term or ad hoc apps for short term use.

Customer support is extremely responsive and helpful. Amazing.

They have a good grasp on customer needs and build them into their roadmap. They recently added Pipelines, for instance.

Cons

They also do not have a native generic Sync to OBCD databases.

They recently rolled out Sandbox functionality but there is still no dev environment - the sandbox is the dev environment. QB also disallows scheduled automations of table to table copies if you have Sandbox enabled. Big problem!

Cannot remove the default "Create New App" link that everyone sees when logging in the homepage. This means every new user clicks it, and admins get a million notifications of "Joe wants permissions to create apps" from every new user.

• Industry: Media Production

The best database platform for building customized solutions!

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Our major issue with finding a business system was finding one that could meet the needs of our niche industry. Most could meet at best 50% of what we needed out of the box and required extensive customization and development for the rest, plus changes to our workflows to use features. QuickBase allowed us to build the system we needed to support our business as it is.

Pros

We love at how customizable and quickly we can build data-driven applications for our company. Our business has needed a business solution for years but was constantly at a logjam trying to find a solution that met all our business needs nor forced us to change our workflows. QuickBase being a platform solution allowed us to build a solution that specifically met our needs and workflows. And it allowed us to do it quickly with low-code, making it not just the most customizable solution but the most affordable one as well.

Cons

Being a company steeped in visual design, the look of QuickBase isn't the most exciting out there. We wish there were more options to customize the look.

Response from Quickbase

Hey there!
We're so excited to read that you have joined the QuickBooks family and community! Providing you with the tools needed to succeed is what we strive for. It's a pleasure to read that QuickBooks works well for you and your business and that it allows you to build a solution that fits your needs and workflows. We recommend visiting our blog to keep up to date with what's new in QuickBooks: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/).
Wishing you the best!
-Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

• Industry: Accounting

A Lot of Functionality and Options when Building on top of QB

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Has truly been excellent the majority of the time. Minor hiccups, like anything, along the way, but now we have a good plethora of applications and functionalities spread across a growing company and QB has adapted well and increased their response time with any issues identified. It has been a while since any sort of major incident has come up.

Pros

The flexibility, ability to query reports on demand, employee tracking, internal applications that are able to be built off QB, along with many other internal applications. Able to easily code alerting to employees based on alerts, allow them to manage assignments and tasks, keep track of their projects and schedule, and ultimately save our company money.

Cons

Reliability on services is sometimes difficult. If something breaks, you will need to understand what is broken and alert Quickbase. There is only so much you can troubleshoot before waiting on QB.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent tool, but licensing and pricing make it less ubiquitous

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Pros

QuickBase is an incredible tool for modeling business processes. I've seen it used for everything from small TODO lists, where a tool like Asana is overkill, to running the inventory and procurement process for Fortune 500 companies. It's sweet spot, though, is providing a way for small teams to customize their business processes. For this, it's an incredibly valuable tool.

Cons

The pricing and licensing makes it tough to get started. This is a tool that would benefit from a large store of apps. Like a connection to Asana or Trello, the ability to push GPS coordinates from a cellphone (for field service operations), etc. It's hard to get started developing these because they don't have developer accounts, and the trial is only 30 days long.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good concept but could be improved

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

It’s a good service but i think there’s a lot to improve. I see companies switching to more systems/software that integrate quickbase and service now into one easier to use application.

Pros

Once you got the hang of it it was easy to use. It’s great to be able to set timelines to each project and being able to implement templates helps make the process quicker.

Cons

This software lacks a lot of features that should be integrated and contacting support can be a pain. This software would be ideal if it intertwines more aspects that would allow users to send information to others and let other users access features and timeframes. We had to print out each form and attach them which was very old school and time consuming.

Response from Quickbase

Hi there, and thanks for reaching out with your comments.

İbrahim

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

Pros

It has a database-oriented approach. It can also be considered as an online database. An ideal solution for people who use Excel. By creating a table with the web interface, you can automatically insert your excel data into it. You can create your own query screens, report screens, and even form entry screens with a single click. It is so useful. By switching to the mycustomapp tab, I can create as many tables as I want. I can make my changes by adding the columns I want to the tables.

Cons

Unable to define complex business rules. Only when entering the form, rules about the fields of the table can be defined (Required field, amount must be greater than 100 etc.).

Cheri

Great Softwear

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

We used the software to create a service scheduling application, and a billing application for a home medical equipment company. This application allows us to assign tasks and designate steps in the completion of the task prior to it being marked complete. It also keeps a record of all completed tasks and any associated tasks

Pros

This software was easy for out IT department to shape into exactly the application we needed. It is simple to use and offers a variety of reports.

Cons

I wish it had a history check feature so we could see who edited a entry, when it was done, and what was changed.

André

Dissappointing

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

I am using Quickbase to manage all my work on a daily basis. It has some advantages over alternatives such as spreadsheets and email.

Pros

The email notifications in Quickbase contain a lot of useful information. It is sometimes easier to manage Quickbase tasks by reading the email notification summaries rather than navigating the Quickbase website. Thankfully, the website allows files to be uploaded so users can create their own templates for tasks.

Cons

There is no API features and tickets cannot be associated with each other or dependent on each other.

Patricia
  • Industry: Utilities

Quickbase is the future of Databases

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

If you are looking to streamline your data and have it available for all your company to have access at their fingertips... this is the application you need. We are a large Fuel provider and have started utilizing Quickbase applications for purchase orders, fleet management, parts returned, functions tremendously saves, etc. It has unified processes within the company that were never able to stick before. Data is retrievable quickly for instant answers. We learn from it every day and it has functions tremendously. Easy to use to develop apps for simple tasks or complex customer databases. Everyone should be using Quickbase!

Pros

The convenience and ease of the drop down functions to input data and then search it a plethora of ways for easy quick answers

Cons

Quickbase should provide more training and or tips that are easy to find and follow without having to pay for a seminar.

Our Database Solution

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

The software has automated so much work through the reporting features saving us lots of time, and even creates an automatic schedule to run and email reports as needed.

Pros

The program is very flexible allowing you to essentially create a database that will handle nearly everything you need, and also grow to scale with your business. It is many steps up from using spreadsheets, and has helped automate a lot of tasks for us through report features.

Cons

The program is not intuitive to use, and feels like little real live support is given in helping you after you are initially set up. The cost also increased on us and I'm not sure I feel the value fits the cost... but it is the best solution I can find in the market right now.

Corinne
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

QuickBase is customizable and has helped my nonprofit track grants, events, individual...

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

Extremely useful for grants management. We have been using the nonprofit manager application for three years and love it. We also created six other applications to track social services including afterschool care, legal advocacy and public program application assistance.

Pros

Very customizable, quick and easy search. Helpful support services. Low-cost. Can easily download information and upload information from Excel.

Cons

Wish I had more time and knew more to customize the templates with my organizations branding, but as a backend management system. This product is perfect right out of the box.

Streamlining procedures and saving time for all departments

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

Because I've been using QuickBase for so long, I'm more familiar with it than most of my coworkers are. Despite this, I think QuickBase is a good tool for storing and visualizing data for a dispersed team, even though it has certain shortcomings. Overall, I found Quickbase to be the best data management program I've ever used. After I integrated my data into Quickbase, I felt more professional since I no longer had to utilize Excel or numbers or my notes to handle my data.

Pros

My favorite aspect of the workflow was that it could be constructed using a variety of different methods. QuickBase is an excellent tool for visualizing and sharing data. As a data store and visualization tool, it's a great fit. I appreciated the ease with which I was able to import all of my existing data from a variety of different applications.

Cons

You could take a picture of your receipt or document and save it on your phone, which would allow you to transfer it to another device. Taking a photo with your phone is now more accessible than ever before, even if you don't have access to a scanner.