OwnerRez

Todd
Todd

So Happy!

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Pros

I honestly cannot say enough good things about OwnerRez as both a software and as a company. Having been in business for many years in both the technology and manufacturing realms and now in vacation rental management, I have a real appreciation for quality customer service. The service and technical support offered by this company truly sets the bar for others. I continue to be blown away at the speed and thoroughness of their responses even at late hours, on weekends… you name it!

Now the software – just WOW! OwnerRez has saved our company so much time and energy. From calendar syncing, guest communication, automated emails, an amazing variety of reports, integration with other platforms (VRBO, Airbnb, Booking.com, QuickBooks), etc. – I could not imagine functioning without it. Best of all – the hosted application is fast! In addition, the website hosting gives us an all-in-one solution to be able to see everything that is happening from one place and share that with our customers. It even works on your mobile phone!

I could go on and on – but you get the idea – I love this software and more importantly – the company and service behind it!

Cons

There are too many options? HA! This software does so much that truly complete configuration can take some time - but is that really a con? I can't really think of a con or complaint.

Julia
  • Industry: Hospitality

Really happy with Ownerrez after trying many other softwares

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

I rent six properties in a remote location in Greece. Each one has some very specific needs in how I manage them. I do the online part and work together with the owner who is on the field and need many specific things from me. With ownerrez a lot of what I used to do in like 5 steps using different softwares now are done in one step. I have a complete picture of my scenario of reservations and finances without doing anything. Before I had to do many entries in different softwares. I am really happy with their customer service too. They are fully committed to us clients and to improving their product. Highly professional and dedicated to excellent quality.

Pros

I has a lot of flexibility for my unique needs as the manager of 6 vacation rentals in Greece. Basically everything I had needed so far I found a work around in OwnerRez. Or the staff helped me to find a solutions. Few things I still need to do outside of it. But my workflow managing my listings and reservations has really become simpler and much much faster.

Cons

It is not as beautiful as other options I’ve used. And it is not as user friendly either. But all other options I’ve used had some critical limitations that I couldn’t work around. For my type of property management I needed some very specific things. Together with the staff at ownerrez, always by email, but efficiently, we almost always found a solution.

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Hostaway had some bugs and limitations and over complications on the money collection and quote to guests etc. Lodgify was way too limited and inflexible to me.

Hostaway and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Flexibility within a really robust system and highly professional staff super committed to their product and to solving my unique needs.
Brian
  • Industry: Hospitality

OwnerRez has the features and support!

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

I recommend it!

I recommend it!

Pros

The functionality is pretty incredible, and the support team is very very thorough .

Cons

It's not the most modern interface. I value function over attractiveness, so I don't mind too much. It's still somewhat intuitive.

laura
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

BEST Tech Company for Short Term Rentals Highly Recommend It

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

I had low expectations when I first started the free trial of this company service for my 3 year old Airbnb rental business. Everything felt a bit intimidating to start with. But boy once I got assigned by the onboarding team I was blown away by their reps' efficiency in email responses and especially the complimentary training by Adrielle. She is so sharp, competent and knows the products in and out. I attended their free webinars, watched and read so many training tutorials Adrielle sent me. Everything was so well documented and it completely boosted my confidence that I can do this thing. The one thing drew me to try this product is the direct booking website, since I am really struggling with my Airbnb bookings and I am trying to cut cost and be more competitive in pricing by eliminating the Airbnb platform fees. Adrielle walked me through on how to set up the website and she even sent me a customized tutorial video after I sent them an email with more questions. I tell you this company works like a well oiled machine. What surprised me and also impressed me is that they have some very experienced property managers on the team who are not your typical young tech guys but older ladies who know a lot about the hospitality industry and are so tech savvy. I can't tell you how pleased I am with everything they do. I even looked up if they are publicly traded company, as I am prepared to buy their stocks if they are. That's how impressed I am by this company and its employees. I highly recommend them to anyone who has a rental business. They will help you to succeed. No doubt!

Pros

Exceptional Customer Service, Outstanding Onboarding Training, Competent and Very Professional Employees very pleasant to Work with, the best company I've dealt with in a LONG TIME. I am beyond happy with their product and service.

Cons

I have not noticed any cons so far. To me the monthly cost is well worth it if I can get even just one booking out of the service.

Chandler

OwnerRez is the comprehensive solution for Vacation Rental Providers

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

OwnerRez helps us automate 90% of our hosting business. We wouldn't be scaling the way we are while offering guests a memorable experience in our homes without the flexibility and reliability offered by OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez is a cost effective and flexible PMS for vacation rental providers. The engineering team is constantly rolling out new features and 3rd party integrations that help us continue improving the overall guest experience pre-stay, intra-stay, and post stay. Support has been amazing and allows me to focus on what we do best, which is offer our guests an unforgettable experience in our homes!

Cons

OwnerRez is so flexible it tends to spoil you, so being able to think of new features we'd like to have can sometimes be overwhelming for the engineering team. I don't think this is a problem with OwnerRez, but more of a function that when you offer such a great service, customers continue to want more and more features and 3rd party integrations!

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

OwnerRez is more flexible, cost effective, and has better support.
Gabriella

Never been happier

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

The concierge service was just what I needed - they set up everything, and they're help email is always quick to respond. The staff are all very friendly and willing to ensure you are set up for success.

Pros

The features of the hosted website, my website looks so professional. I was previously using Wix, and the difference in quality is astounding. The channel manager ensures all my photos match to all my listing channels.

Cons

They just removed a fee feature that allowed you to associate certain fees when using credit card processors, but was easily able to adjust and set up a surcharge to cover this.

Guesty and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Started using Ownerrez for the channel management, ended up adding additional features that brought my brand to a whole new level.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

Seemed like a more cost efficient option, and seemed to be more cost efficient.
Laura
  • Industry: Hospitality

Robust system with amazing support

Reviewed on 26/06/2023

I recommend OwnerRez to every property manager I meet. Enough said.

I recommend OwnerRez to every property manager I meet. Enough said.

Pros

It covers everything I need it to do. They're always adding more features. Customer service is timely and knowledgable.

Cons

Because it's so robust, it can be overwhelming to get started. But their videos, and more importantly, customer service is second to none. A rep spent hours with me getting things set up in the beginning, and I will never forget how much I appreciated and valued that help.

Robbye

Superb Customer Service

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

I cannot say enough about their customer service. Always quick to help and always goes beyond what is required.

Pros

Set up was easy with detailed examples to help guide you through the steps.

Cons

Not having a technology background, I do not have any suggestions for improvement-it works seamlessly for me.

Michelle
  • Industry: Hospitality

OwnerRez a MUST for newbies or seasoned professionals to use for STR's

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Overall, it's been the BEST, most satisfying learning curve as I feel genuinely supported and encouraged by the OR team and understand how MUCH the software (and people) can offer to my new rental business.

Pros

Once "trained" with help from ProConnect, I felt much more confident in navigating ALL the various options OR provides

Cons

When I first signed up, I felt overwhelmed with the vast amount of information available on OR (via video tutorials and help docs). The sheer amount of information made me nervous, but once I worked with Customer Service/ProConnect (Lisa M), all my worries faded and I began to understand the processes much more and my confidence in using the software grew exponentially

Guesty For Hosts and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing OwnerRez

Prior to signing up with OR (Jan/Feb 2022?)

Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

All the various features OR offers to hosts/owners/managers via the software, automated emails, and direct booking website
Brenda

Back to business!

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Nirvana! I honestly was so relieved the day we went live with 43 listings. The support, functionality of the software, the website ….. all above an beyond. I literally lost 2 years of my life with GUESTY trying to make their solution work.

Pros

We spent 2 PAINFUL years trying to make the MYVR to GUESTY transition work until we finally found OwnerRez and transitioned in 2 months with their amazing support team and I am overwhelmed with how EVERYTHING WORKS and now we can stop spending endless hours on our technology solutions and get back to the business of managing our properties and serving our guests and owners.

Cons

Such a minor issue but we need owner generated reservations to be passed to Breezeway as a reservation and not just a block of time.

Brian

Dont Sleep on OwnerRez. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/09/2022

I couldn't be happier. It's a great product with great customer support at a fair price. To me, this is a must-have as a vacation rental operator.

Pros

I have yet to find a feature that's "missing" from OwnerRez. Everyday it feels like I find a new feature and/or use for the software. It really does everything I need it to with other features that I didn't even know I'd want until I discovered and used them. Their customer service is absolutely wonderful. Every question asked is responded to quickly and in detail.

Cons

It's ugly. Truly this is a non-issue as a user, and one that shouldn't stop anyone from selecting OwnerRez to manage their vacation rentals. But the marketer in me knows that if this software was a little more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive, they'd secure more new users.

Hostaway

Reasons for Switching to OwnerRez

A recommendation from a friend who tried a bunch of options and said that appearances are deceiving and OwnerRez was the sleeper pick.
Jill

OwnerRez Integration Leads to 50% Increase in Gross Revenue, Better Reviews and So Much Time...

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

We've had an amazing experience with OwnerRez, and have been thrilled with the ease of use on a daily basis. Customers are seamlessly searching our listings on multiple booking sites, making their reservations, paying for them, signing our Renters Agreement, and followup with us with positive reviews, all made so so simply by OwnerRez (we're especially fond of the automatic email trigger systems, which have automated the majority of guest interactions). I highly recommend OwnerRez.

Pros

OwnerRez has been instrumental in growing our vacation rental portfolio from 2 units to several more. The software makes cross-listing among different booking channels a breeze, and the single reservation calendar helps us keep a firm handle on all our reservations. If I had to pick just one favorite aspect of the software, it's that, once fully implemented, we are able to offer direct bookings and are no longer tied to the big players in the vacation rental industry. That means we can enforce our own policies on house rules, guest damages and more. OwnerRez gave us that freedom. My second favorite aspect was the integration with dynamic pricing software, which has led to an almost 50% increase in gross revenue from previous years.

Cons

OwnerRez wasn't the easiest to implement - we took about a month to fully integrate, and learn the ins and outs of the software. That said, they do offer a concierge integration service (which we didn't utilize) which might be especially helpful if you don't have the time to learn the software in detail yourself. But the time we did spend learning the software gave us the confidence in knowing how to use the entire system, and the support forum is incredibly robust. Somewhere in the help docs is the answer to our problem, almost every time. The remaining times we send a quick email over to Support, and they respond with the answer and steps to solve the problem, even on the weekends, which is incredible. The most difficult aspect of integration wasn't OwnerRez itself - it was our time in learning the complexities of the software, and just how much it can do for us, from credit card processing integration to dynamic pricing integration, to smart door locks, plus of course the main features of one place to house your customer interactions, listings and booking channel integrations.

Chester

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 23/04/2017

Before retiring and managing my rental property I was in the IT department of a large hospital for 40 years, involved in application development, vendor application management and a technical systems engineer, MCSE, CNE, CCNA, VCP. So I have had a lot of experience with software and systems. I had been using another property management product for a year that was absolutely horrible and had zero enhancements to the product while I was with them. The main reason that I chose this product to begin with was that it offered me the ability to offer my guests property damage protection and trip cancellation insurance for a property owner that has only one property, all the other products required the owner to have/manage at least 5 properties. After test driving the product for the free trial period I quickly found that this product was for me and dumped my prior vendor like a hot potato.

The system is rich in all the major features that a property owner could ask for like a large number of payment methods, legal agreement integration including guest online signing, email templates, triggers and tracking, listing site integration, travel insurance, property damage protection and a host of others.

The owners/developers of this product actually do listen to their customers, I have been with them for a short 5 months and have seen a number of enhancements in that short time. Their response time for questions is very quick and they have answered all my questions. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

The setup process was straight forward and includes a Setup Interview to make sure that you configure the minimum configuration to get things going. After you have configured the system they also include an import feature so that you can import all your information from excel to make the transition a breeze.

You are able to modify an invoice on the fly before sending the quote to the guest to include additional line items like a Special Discount, change a charge, delete a line item, etc. You have complete control over the invoice and how it will be presented to the guest, absolutely fantastic.

Cons

The rates database is separate from the seasons database and I feel if the rates were included in the seasons database it would make the setup process a little easier.

Response from OwnerRez

Thanks, Chester! We appreciate having you as a customer! Lot of great new features just around the corner.

Stephanie
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best customer support ever!

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

My biggest business problem is, what's going on right now, today? The different screens I have at my fingertips helps me keep my pulse on what is happening today, tomorrow and next week.

Pros

I love what this software does for me. The daily tracking and the ease of having the information I need right at my fingertips. The customer support is second to none. I'm learning more and more as I dive into it and there are so many things that OwnerRez anticipated and already have in the software. The customer service has been awesome and very responsive. I'm not techy but they help me through each little road block I hit.

Cons

Granted, there is a learning curve as with any software. So, my own frustration was my biggest enemy. I quickly asked for help when I was lost and always quickly received a response.

Streamline

Price.
Susan
Susan

Owner Rez completely simplified how we run our business

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Owner Rez has the most outstanding customer service I have ever experienced. I have never not gotten a response to a question within 30 minutes or less, and that’s day or night.

Pros

Pricing is reasonable

Very useful options available to manage multiple vacation rentals across multiple channels

Interfaces seamlessly with QuickBooks

Interfacing seamlessly with our Website

Robust automated guest emails and triggers

Cons

The calendar is fixed by month and not following which makes seeing turnovers at month end very difficult to see

No way to send emails on a certain day of the week (I.e./ remind guests it’s trash day)

No way to allow other people to also be able to log in and only see the calendar but not the financial side. This would be useful for cleaners etc.

Cindy

Get the CONNECT service

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Once I got on the connect team and connected with one of their members by the name of Layla, who was absolutely amazing she was patient she was kind she was understanding she listened. She outlined our calls, followed up on things went over things if I had questions concerns. She is an amazing person and I truly enjoyed our one on one’s and learned SO MUCH! I appreciate OwnerRez and the way that they go with their web meetings. I belong to numerous Facebook groups that support OwnerRez. I find that they have numerous resources that are invaluable to me as I go through the process of learning more and more about the software that manages my business. I feel confident now because of Layla’s help and everyone there at OwnerRez helping go over the things that need to be set correctly in the software. I feel like I am set up for success. I look forward to many bookings on my website!

Pros

I chose OwnerRez my number one reason was that it was an American based company and I was speaking to Americans everything after that was gravy

Cons

So far, I don’t have a least that I like about OwnerRez. I have nothing but good things to say at this point in time I truly believe this is a amazing company that would help many people that are trying to do short term rentals especially if you have several.

Sheron
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

The absolutely best software for vacation rental owners to manage bookings, emails, etc.

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

My experience has been better than I expected. Because I am not very computer savvy, I really appreciate their suggestions and links to where I need to go.

Pros

Anytime I have a question and contact OwnerRez I hear back from them very quickly. They always answer my question, but also make suggestions for things they notice on my site with them that could use some tweaking.

I love that because I am with OwnerRez I am able to require accidental damage insurance for all bookings, regardless of where they originate from. Without OwnerRez I would not have been able to do that since Inhave only 2 vacation rentals.

Cons

There is nothing.in I don’t like. It has done everything and much more than I expected.

Garry
Garry

OwnerRez does everything I need in a vacation rental software, and a bunch I didn't know I...

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

It makes running my business easier than I could have imagined. It's the one system I can't live without. The automation that it provides makes it so I don't hardly need to lift a finger. Many people say that Short Term Rentals are not passive income investments. OwnerRez challenges this notion.

Pros

I wish I could give 6 or 7 stars for Features and Functionality and Customer Support. The software and support team are outstanding. I've tried running booking plugins on a Wordpress site, and that gave me lots of headaches. While searching for new plugins, I found OwnerRez and a few other similar applications. After researching reviews online, I narrowed it down to two and tried the other one first. It still left me wanting in some areas. Then I tried OwnerRez and I was hooked. Since I had other issues with Wordpress overall, I jumped right in and added the OwnerRez hosted web site too. It's super easy to configure, and very reasonably priced. And did I mention the support is awesome? Every once in a while I find something new that I think would be a great addition. Some of those have already been incorporated as new features in the product.

Cons

I briefly considered giving 4 stars for Ease of Use, because there are so many options and features that sometimes it's overwhelming. But overall, I think that's a great thing, and it wouldn't be fair to rate them less than 5 stars. And anything that I have trouble with, I just send an email to the support team and get a response within a few hours. Or if I can't find a feature, they let me know exactly where it's located. The more I use it, the easier it becomes.

Keith
  • Industry: Hospitality

Amazing Property Management Software for Short Term Rentals- It's Useful Even if You Only Have...

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

My overall experience with Ownerrez has been phenomenal. Even though it was a steep learning curve, the customer support, the help articles, and the help videos have been more than supportive in ensuring I had a smooth onboarding process. The features & integrations OR provides (security deposit, rental agreement, etc.) really help me to start my Airbnb last year.

Pros

I enjoy the fact that ownerrez helps me manage my Airbnb listing like a business and helps me to automate things I didn't realize could be automated. Even though Airbnb does have similar features, I love how OR allows me to pivot onto other platforms and with direct bookings if needed.

Cons

I don't like the fact that there isn't an app to download from the app store. I also wish there was more customization features on the rental agreement in terms of text boxes that are mandatory. For example, I wish I could have a separate textbox that the requires the name for each guest rather than typing a bunch of names in 1 textbox

Richard
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent value for money, with unparalleled support

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

Although we are a very small business, we always receive prompt and courteous responses to our support questions. Setup and maintenance are easy to master. Integration with our credit card payments was very easy to implement.

Pros

All the information we need in one place and the ability to save time in most day to day vacation rental activities.

Cons

Doesn't integrate in to the same extent with all OTA's However, not really the fault of the software itself, more an issue with the API's of the OTA's

Shannon
  • Industry: Hospitality

Concierge Support Team is Amazing!

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

A bit on the stressful side - initially, I started with a focus to only launch a direct-booking website and somehow got off track with API integrations and experienced a serious problem with the PM API set up with VRBO, had that reversed, and then my VRBO listing was "broken" for almost a week. As of today, so far it seems we're back on track so I'm happy about that.

Pros

Simplifying my listings into one dashboard and most importantly the option for direct bookings that are as professional, if not more, than OTA's. Working with the concierge team, particularly [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredible.

Cons

I'm still learning and getting familiar with all OwnerRez has to offer; at first I thought it was a bit clunky but as I said I'm still learning. I wish there were a feature to allow for messaging, e.g. similar to Smartbnb that pushes communication to guests in a reservation messaging thread via an app. This seems to be an industry standard, so I hope this functionality will be a future implementation. For now, I will maintain Airbnb guest communication primarily pushed through Smartbnb as all of my autoresponders are currently set up there and it works well. Plus, Airbnb "grades" hosts on their response times to guest communication via their messaging app / messaging thread.

Michael

Glad I switched to OR as my PMS

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

This is an exceptional product with massive value for money for the size of my operations. I would highly recommend OwnerRez just for the product features but, when you add in the top-notch customer service/help, you have a true winner. Due to the features included in the software, there is a learning curve but it's genuinely worth the effort.

Pros

So many. I'm not sure I can define a short list. Also, my use might be quite different than yours. But, this is not a feature to many but the response time and value of the customer responses to help requests is truly exceptional.

Cons

Need to add inquiry communication not just post-booking for VRBO integration.

Leonardo

Best for the price

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

Pros

Price, easy to use, API, guest messages including email and sms, customer service, constant platform updates and improvements.

Cons

Poor owner portal and just major API channels connect

Robin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use, great Customer service

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

My experience from the very start has been great.

My experience from the very start has been great.

Pros

I really like their user interface and support. The way they communicate their How To's makes using the system very easy. Its not technical, its very user friendly. They also give examples in their how to's which help explain how to use a feature. very helpful.

Cons

I'd like to have more flexible options with setting up discounts.

Bernard
Bernard

Ownerrez is amazing!

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

It is the alternative that best fitted my requirements

It is the alternative that best fitted my requirements

Pros

1. Speed – It is lightning-fast to use and makes a huge difference in your visitors’ engagement and stickiness when a search feature is integrated on a page.
2. The way it integrates Wordpress websites is ideal for my needs and is unmatched by its competitors who have not at all thought things this way.
3. They thought about everything. It is difficult to find a requirement that is not feasible.
4. It’s fairly simple, easy and logical to use.
5. Not last and certainly not least – the documentation is extensive and support service is unmatched. Basically you get a positive reply or clear explanation on any issue within a couple of hours and by the people who design it, not a call centre in some exotic place.

Cons

1. It is not GDPR compliant
2. Its checkout process is near to a disaster (but it works perfectly on a technical standpoint). The processing seems to perfectly fit the American market so extended customisation of the process is really a must.
3. International / language is ¾ way done.
4. White label is not available (except if going the API way).
5. There is not proper channel manager feature but the alternative proposed works perfectly.