Freshdesk

4.5 (3,290)
Write a Review!
Online helpdesk system and customer service software

(3,290)
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.5/5

3290 Reviews for UK Users

Ahmed
Ahmed

Experience The Magic of Freshdesk An Affordable Solution for Effortless CS.

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Freshdesk has been a valuable asset for our company, it has helped us to solve many of our business problems and improve our customer service and support, The benefits we have realized from using Freshdesk include improved customer satisfaction, better communication and collaboration, and increased efficiency and productivity.

Pros

Our company has been using Freshdesk for a while now, and overall, we have had a positive experience with the software, Here are some of the things that we liked most about Freshdesk:- Comprehensive and Impactful Features, Freshdesk offers a wide range of features, like ticket management, scheduling, sales pipeline management, lead management, knowledge base management, project planning, task management, contact database, service history, content management, support ticket management, and contact management, These features have been very impactful for our business and have greatly improved our customer service and support.- Easy integration with other tools and applications was very easy, we were able to integrate it with our existing tools and systems with minimal effort.

Cons

Some of the features in Freshdesk are less customizable and difficult to tailor to our specific needs, Also remote access and control feature is limited and not as robust as we would like.

Jira , Kayako and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

After evaluating a number of alternative products, we ultimately chose Freshdesk because it offered the best combination of features, pricing, and overall user experience for our company, Freshdesk offers a wide range of features that are tailored to our specific needs, like ticket management, scheduling, sales pipeline management, lead management, knowledge base management, project planning, task management, contact database, service history, content management, support ticket management, and contact management, Also Freshdesk is more customizable as compared to other products we evaluated.Freshdesk's integration with other tools and applications was very easy, we were able to integrate it with our existing tools and systems with minimal effort, and this was a major factor in our decision to choose Freshdesk. Cost-Effective: Freshdesk's pricing plans were more cost-effective than some of the other alternative products we considered, which was an important factor for our organization. Positive User Experience: Our team had a positive experience during the evaluation process and we found Freshdesk to be user-friendly, which was also an important factor for our organization.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent customer support ticket system

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

Our team were able to automate and monitor a number of our process workflows thanks to Freshdesk's help. In addition, it is a better choice than emailing support questions and concerns. Freshdesk allows our clients to see their ticket status and ticket history, as well as submit their comments and rating, which simplifies the process of providing excellent customer service.

Pros

Freshdesk has a wide range of essential services, including live chat, email, phone, and social media support channels. The software is cloud-based and easy to use, with clever automation capabilities that guarantee things are done easily and quickly, resulting in more efficient corporate operations and a better customer experience.

Cons

Upgrades to Freshdesk's reporting feature are, in my opinion, overly pricey for individual agents and users. There is a good thing about Freshdesk's free trial plan since it allows us to test out their vast variety of services before making a decision on whether or not to upgrade our business.

Sean
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

You're on your own

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Pros

The platform is relatively user friendly and has a sufficient number of features to work well.

Cons

Service is highly unreliable, and if something significant happens - don't expect Freshdesk to be available to help you. It can take 2-4 days to get a hold of someone EVEN IF YOU ARE FUNCTIONALLY SHUT DOWN.

Here was our experience: We had been using Freshdesk for 3-4 years and were relative experts on our plan. We arranged to make a change to our Freshdesk plan to switch to a multi-product platform. We upgraded to a plan costing 7x our current cost per user and requested to speak with a Success Manager to plan to the changes. It took persistence and some time to get on the phone with someone. The person we got has had relatively low product knowledge, but escalated to a very competent product engineer fairly promptly. We confirmed our plan and attempted to implement independently after business hours. We were forced to initiate a backout plan when errors and unpredictable behaviour blocked our completion. Our backout plan partially failed and customers were impacted for 3 days before we were able to get anyone to help us. We heard a myriad of responses via email as to why a phone call was not possible from, "I am not working today" to "I will give you a call next week at your convenience" and "I will have XX get a hold of you to help" - but no call, no chat, no email Q&A -- radio silence. We got the message loud and clear 'you are not that important'.

Be warned - if something go wrong, the documentation is very modest and don't necessarily expect help.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Lower cost of entry and good usability allowed us to learn how to incorporate help desk capabilities into our business model without paying high initial fees before value was realized.
joe

Simple but powerful ticket system

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Overall positive feedback. We would like to see features be able to be added on ala cart. we would also like easier integrations such as billing and inventory software to easier manage items being sold.

Pros

We can keep track of our tickets and see them grouped in the dashboard. I can see at a glance if anything is overdue and what is actively open. I can run metrics to see how many tickets on average we get incoming per day.

The field service add on allows us to have customer sign their work order upon completion and keep track of time.

Cons

Certain features are not ala cart. Depending on the feature you want, you'd have to upgrade your whole plan and get even more features that you might now want.

sometimes when we are replying in a ticket, the curser jumps to the beginning. We haven't been able to figure out if its a keyboard combination or shortcut that is doing it, or something else.

Kelly
Kelly
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The FreshDesk ticketing system is quite efficient

Reviewed on 11/11/2023

Freshdesk is one of my favorite help desk tools because it is intuitive and simple to master, even for complete newcomers. Finding comparable tickets is as simple as conducting a Google search, and there are numerous filtering options to select from.

Pros

Freshdesk is a smart, easy-to-use, and intuitive business solution. The user interface is clean, which makes it easier to concentrate on giving a proper response. Smooth customer communication leads to expert support. For years, Freshdesk has been an indispensable tool for me, and I have often touted it to friends and colleagues in the business world.

Cons

The news that the Legacy Reports page will be removed and replaced with Analytics makes me unhappy. Some of the cool stuff in Legacy Reports isn't in Analytics yet, but I'm having a joy with that tool.

Joro

Ozone Entertainment review

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Pros

I love the automations and integration in the Helpdesk portion of the OmniChannel. I can really introduce a lot of quality of life features to the team to help them focus on supporting and not repetitive tasks and triage.

Cons

The chat feature has less automations on the backend like the need to add Labels manually as well as the lack of tags. With the introduction of ChatGPT I hope to see more automated tasks. Also the addition of tags as another form of chat categorization will help as the Labels provide a more general placement into a category and the tabs will really help define every chat issue.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Freshdesk offers more options to scale the team

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Better pricing plans for the features we are looking for
Kyle

Daily use of Freshdesn

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Fantastic, used it for all of my professional career within the IT Industry and i will continue to use it.

Pros

I can only speak for the features i use but i used and even pushed to use freshdesk at all my employments. I honestly don't think i could do my job as well as i do without it. The ease of use is great, the ability to see what jobs are coming in and being able to manage them is critical.

Cons

I do not have any cons about this product.

Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Freshdesk have just become the norm for me. I will always recommend it because of its ease of use and features.
Ted
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best CRM out there

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

Freshdeks is helping us keep our customers happy by providing a platform to address their concerns and issues and resolve them. It is making our business grow.

Pros

The Omni channel features are the best. Freshcaller, Freshchat and Freshdesk in one place is a powerfull combination. It was very easy to integrate. User interface is simple and focused.

Cons

I would like to see integrations with AI tools such as Vonage AI and ChatGPT

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Freshdesk has more features and it is cheaper
Sonya
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Freshdesk CRM

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

I have used many CRMs and freshdesk is on the top of my favourites list, due to its user-friendly options, simple and customizable view and functions efficiency.

Pros

The simple view and yet there are so many options and customizable fields available. Very user-friendly.

Cons

The way the signature is created - it would be simpler if the signature image could be copied and directly pasted in the box.

Akshat
  • Industry: Accounting

Freshdesk honest review

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Pros

There is nothing much which I like about it except the video calling part

Cons

The customer service is very bad and they send too many notifications

Emily

Solved our suppor system woes!

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

FreshDesk has streamlined agent actions and provided a clean and holistic overview of the product for me (the product manager). The agents are able to work together with better ease and be more efficient with the email notifications on ticket actions. The FD support team is incredibly responsive and good at providing alternative solutions if the product doesn't currently support what is being asked.

Pros

Customer portal, ability to support multiple products, customization of statuses/dashboards/setup, email notifications with ticket activities, real time help from FreshDesk agents to support our team when questions come up, collaboration tools for agents (private notes, chats, etc), notifications when another agent is viewing/working on a ticket (prevention of agents stepping on toes/rework)

Cons

I have struggled with getting the reports that I need from this software. I've worked with very supportive agents, but the software is not setup to generate the reports I need or to create customized reports for what I'm looking for. I am trying to schedule a daily report of agent performance that includes how many unresolved tickets are assigned to that agent at the time the report is generated (not how many were assigned to them in the report period) and the aging of their ticket queue (how long has the oldest ticket been open). We work in software development and we can't close some of our tickets until development work has been done, some times taking months. Having that metric is critical for our team to be able to analyze resourcing and performance.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

The out of this world product team. I'm not kidding when I say your onboarding staff is what sealed the deal. The product knowledge, SUPER responsiveness and excitement Reshma had about your product is what sold us. Of course the software answered all our questions, but the onboarding process is what really confirmed we made the right decision.
  • Industry: Information Services

Freshdesk is a great alternative to over priced industry stalwarts.

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

Pros

Freshdesk has been a breeze to set up and use effectively. My team loves how easy it is to quickly work through tickets. We heavily use Trello and their integration is top tier.

When issues do come up, the support team is always available to answer my questions. Even when it doesn't support a particular workflow, I've always been given excellent suggestions to work around its limitations.

Cons

Many integrations are v1 products that were built years ago and never updated. Salesforce integration needs a lot of work. We had to disable it because it was using too many API calls.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Salesforce Service Cloud is a pain to configure. It's it pretty much unusable unless your company has an on-staff Salesforce developer. You can only configure very basic functionality via the admin options.
Gabriel

Very happy with this purchase

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

I am currently the only person responsible for customer support in a small company. Freshdesk made it much more easy for me to manage support tickets due to SLAs, automations, etc. I used to have to do pretty much everything manually.

We'll be adding new users soon because of this great experience.

Pros

Ease of use. Reasonable price. Otherwise, I like the way tickets can be prioritized with SLAs, status, etc. Canned responses and automations are great too.

Cons

The automations, despite being very nice, are somewhat limited in terms of what they can do. Sometimes I'd like to go a little further than what they can offer. It's often just little details, but it could make a big difference.

Here are a few basic examples:

1) IF field is empty, THEN send a notification to the user with a message saying that it has to be updated. This is not possible since we can't have an automation triggered by a field being left blank.

2) Only the custom fields with drop down lists can be used as triggers for automations.

Also, I'd like to be able to have the SLA based on the expected first response rather than the expected resolution.

Overall though, it makes my job a lot easier.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

TP is really good for development projects, but it makes absolutely no sense when it comes to giving decent customer support. No SLAs, no prioritization, no notifications, no automations.

Targetprocess

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

The price mostly. While Zendesk had cheaper plans, the Freshdesk plans had more features for the same price. Zendesk overall had a few more features, but we would have never used most of them anyway and Freshdesk seemed easier to configure and customize and it looked better in my opinion. The ticketing systeme is just great. Everyone asked was talking about Zendesk, yet I found it somewhat underwhelming.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Very happy with Freshdesk

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

We are a distribution company that imports several US and European brands into Canada. We manage the customer service inquiries for all these brands for Canadian customers and retailers. We were previously using Outlook inboxes but that became too cumbersome. Freshdesk has allowed us to feed all inquiries to one place while still maintaining our separate brands and automatically routing tickets to the appropriate customer services team. Our workflows are more efficient and customers are easier to track.

Pros

Freshdesk is extremely easy to implement and the ability to customize experience, workflow, automations, users, and more allows us to optimize for our business needs. The onboarding and customer support has been very knowledgeable and friendly. The software offers excellent value for what you pay. Everything we need for our medium-sized company is in the plan we've chosen and as our needs grow their higher tier plans look like they will grow along with us. We also chose this software because it integrates with their Freshchat solution.

Cons

There are a few automations & rules that are pre-built into the software that didn't fit into our business workflow. But we easily adjusted them to fit our needs.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

To improve efficiencies and better track agent performance

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Freshdesk capabilities and features are very comparable with Zendesk's and at a lower price point.
Bob
Bob

A Fresh Start to Better Customer/Issue Tracking

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

We needed to migrate from a support solution that was bought out by Microsoft. Microsoft CRM Dynamics was too expensive, so we reviewed over a dozen solution providers. The Freshworks team worked with us to ensure we had a successful implementation (3 months - part time). They were also very receptive to our feedback and have incorporated those ideas into Freshdesk. We just got done adding another SSL certificate for our latest product's portal. The support team came through again with flying colors!

Pros

We use Freshdesk every day to capture and work customer-reported issues. The ease of use has a major factor migrating from our former portal solution. We were able to keep things simple while still capturing all the critical elements of the issues. The Solutions page (knowledge base) was/is very easy to maintain and update. From an Administrative perspective, the product is easy to configure and customize. Further, we have enjoyed nearly 100% up time over a year and a half!

Cons

We were hoping to port over prior ticket history from our prior solution, but were unable to capture "conversations" as part of our migration. However, Freshworks was able to create new records for each legacy ticket as part of our conversion. In the long run, only a couple customers ever noticed their prior ticket submissions.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Parature was purchased by Microsoft and users were given the 'option' to migrate to CRM Dynamics. Parature was also expensive and moving to Freshdesk was a solid financial option.

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Overall, we just needed a simple process for handling ticket submissions and responses. Many solutions came with high price tags that were just not in our budget. The implementation and training options provided by the Freshworks team sealed the deal for us.
Anthony
  • Industry: Design

Good Software, Bad Marketing. Bait-and-Switch (beware)

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

While Freshdesk has a great UI, and is a feature-rich service, the truth behind the advertising leaves much to be desired. While their software is good, the pricing model isn't, and their marketing is intentional bait-and-switch. The features listed on each pricing tier are expanded upon here: freshdesk.com/features. Once you buy, and ask what's up, the support will tell you to upgrade for that feature, and link you to a page that isn't linked to from anywhere on their site: freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features, as justification.

As an example, $15/agent/month includes, "SLA Management," which is described from their features page as including every SLA feature, including basic things like SLA email notifications, reminders, escalation policies. You know, what anyone would think of as "SLA Management." However, none of those features are actually included in that price plan. To even get email notifications of SLA violations, or have your SLA respect office hours, you'll have to pay $50/agent/month. Worse, there is no way to discover this until after you've paid and spent time getting everything set up.

Pros

Wonderful tracking and organization of emails and support issues, with a nice and clean UI, and simple tools to automate many support tasks.

Cons

Features listed as included in lower tiers on their pricing page, are not actually included until much higher tiers. See: https://freshdesk.com/helpdesk-features for the real breakdown. Freshdesk has no links to that page, and you'll only get it if you ask about a missing feature in their support portal.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Jitbit didn't have all the features we needed, was difficult to keep organized across many clients, and nearly impossible to track SLAs.

Jitbit Helpdesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

It looked like it included the main features we needed, at a much lower price. - Organize clients by company, and individual. - Group contact by company and allow users to view will all company tickets. - Track and report by problem area and issue resolution. - SLA Management Automation Once we got everything moved over and set up, two of those features "Included in the Garden plan" ($15/agent/month), we were told to upgrade to $65/agent/month. When we contacted support about the problem, they just didn't answer.
Viktoria

The best customer service desk available

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

We used it for daily customer service contact and it was great. It was great for assigning

Pros

Freshdesk is an amazing solution that made my daily life easier. I used it as a part of my work as a customer service agent and it helped go through the tickets quickly and efficiently. Mostly I loved how easy it made for me to track the previous interactions with the customer and how efficient it made me.

Cons

We tried the call centre as well, but that did not work so well. We had calls drop randomly after a few seconds so we stopped using that feature.

Zoho Desk , HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

We suddenly had more tickets than we could handle using only email.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Freshdesk

Because of the price and it seemed like the most well rounded of the bunch.
Stephanie
Stephanie

It has many functions like ticket management

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Intuitive interface that can greatly aid businesses in providing superior customer service. It supports a plethora of functions, such as ticket tracking, sales funnel management, task tracking, service history, etc. Tracking and responding to tickets is simple. In addition, it has numerous tools for reporting and analysis.

Pros

Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) stand to gain a lot from using Freshdesk. If you ever have a problem, their customer service is top notch. All in all, we were pleased with Freshdesk during our time working with them. Our primary motivation for using the ticketing system was for support purposes.

Cons

Occasionally, it might be a difficult process to integrate the new system with the old one, and some functions, like ticket forms, have relatively less room for personalization. There are few possibilities for creating reports.

Jessica
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

We use Freshdesk daily to solve customer problems

Reviewed on 02/11/2023

Easy to pick up and use right away; minimal training required. I appreciate having a centralized location to view, manage, and reply to all of my tickets. It's a benefit if you can combine prepared replies with your own expertise.

Pros

One of my favorite features of Freshdesk is the simplicity with which work can be assigned and prioritized. In addition, the availability of group filters makes Freshdesk a breeze to utilize with large numbers of groups. In addition, the interface is simple and uncomplicated, so creating tickets and monitoring their progression is a breeze. It's useful for managing tasks in customer service. Small businesses can benefit from using Freshdesk.

Cons

The cost can add up quickly for organizations of a certain size. It's preferable to develop a desktop application rather than a mobile one; the mobile app's user experience could require some tweaking.

Alan
Alan

Freshdesk can help you manage & grow your MSP business

Reviewed on 04/11/2018

Freshdesk helped BootUp LLC to get on top of their user help desk support problems, and this NYC-based MSP is now poised to grow its client base by hiring more technical staff and expanding its support offerings. Our collective experience with Freshdesk has been extremely positive, and we recommend it wholeheartedly!

Pros

Freshdesk enables your clients to create their own help desk request tickets, track their ticket's progress, add notes & comments along the way, and decide when to mark each ticket as Done. Once you know what the solutions to their most common problems are, you can post self-service procedures for the easy ones that they can handle themselves - thus freeing you from unnecessary remote support or onsite support events. Use the built in ticket timers, and you have a way to capture the data for your Time & Billing system. And you can build your user community with a built-in user forum and links to your social media accounts. Help desk managers can spot check the Dashboard and see at a glance how many & which tickets are unresolved, overdue, due today, unassigned, or on hold pending various 3 party issues. All of these features are designed to help you get on top of your service delivery and get the metrics you need to maintain quality service while adding clients & technicians.

Pair Freshdesk with Teamviewer Corporate and you have a powerful Help Desk with one click remote support connectivity to any PC at any client location anywhere. Now you can deliver quality support with fewer truck rolls!

Cons

My only real problem had to do with Notification Alert Sounds. I wanted a way to use different new ticket alert sounds depending upon with the client, priority or assigned to me status so that I could walk away from my workstation and do other work in the computer lab but get a loud sound alert for critical new help desk tickets. A prompt response from the Freshdesk support team let me know that none of the major browsers support custom notification sounds in their API's, so there is no way to implement this at this time. (Hey Google Chrome & Microsoft IE teams: how about custom notification sounds in the next update release? Very useful for advanced users!)

Zach
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Freshdesk - A Great User Experience

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

The Freshworks team provides a great onboarding experience as well as continued support across all of their applications. They take my feature request submissions very seriously and are always able to respond to my questions quickly and efficiently.

Pros

This platform is very very easy for both admins and end-users to navigate. There's always a learning curve when implementing a new system, but I had virtually no questions sent to me (an admin), the week of Go Live. The platform lays everything out in a way that is very straightforward to the end-user. From an admin perspective, my favorite thing is how easy it is to create workflow automations. I have created nearly 200 email routing rules. We have about 10 email addresses that our customers send emails to, and based on who the email is from, who the email is to, the domain of the sender address, the subject/content of an email, etc... we are able to create very specific routing rules to get the right emails to the right agents without needing to hand things off multiple times to different agents.

I also love the use of tags. For anything that doesn't have its own field (in relation to a ticket), you can just add a tag(s). These tags can be filtered on and reported on. We heavily rely on tags to identify tickets in a variety of ways.

Generally speaking, this application has significantly improved our support desk efficiency.

Cons

I wish that Freddy AI would look at all of the domains of the email addresses that are sent to us and would add those domains as unverified "Companies." Right now our "Companies" module is empty because it needs a data import to populate. If Freddy AI could populate this data and then have an admin verify and change the company names, that'd be ideal. I think it should work similarly to the verified and unverified contacts.

Outside of this, I really have no complaints. There are some additions to the Analytics reporting tool that they need, but this tool is still in Beta right now so I expect more features to be released throughout the year. The biggest painpoints with analytics right now is 1) I can only share a report with myself or all users. I cannot share with specific individuals or teams, and 2) there are chart-type limitations based on the data you are trying to display. One limitation is that you can only have 4 different metrics in a stacked bar chart. If you have 5 metrics you are tracking against, you are required to use a summary table or line chart.

Reasons for Choosing Freshdesk

Our old system would crash and we'd have semi-frequent downtime where we would not be able to respond to emails.
Winfield

What You Need To Know About Freshdesk

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

It is a very good application. You manage your work and get things done✔ I love it

Pros

1. Tickets - Tickets come as Tickets and are numbered which makes it easier to identify them
2. Viewing Tickets - there is an eye which will show when another user is Viewing the same Ticket you are viewing. That way you alert ⚠️ the other User from nor duplicating your work. One picks up a ticket ans identifies and Agent and Tixket number they picked or closed.
3. Search Feature- you can search by ticket number or by name of client and shows all your conversation history
4. Tixket alert- The system allows one to check issues not resolved and are flagged as Red
5. Freshdesk allows you to create your own Tickets and Emails
6. Dashboard - Freshdesk Dashboard helps to show progress of what you have achieved or not
7. Ability to attach files
8. Ability to create Canned responses
9. Ability to delete certain Tickets that are not useful to a User

Cons

I wish Freshdesk ca improve in the following:
1. The maximum amount of Gigs when attaching files is very small. If they can increase this, that would be useful
2. When creating emails on contacts: On To:- Tab, it is only one email that must written and Freshdesk ystem will not allow you to add several email addresses under To:- TAB option. If they can change that setting, it will be very helpful. I know on CC and BCC it is ok but TO option must still be changed
3. Formatting styles must changes. We have limited options on Freshdesk from Font sislze, styles to Colour. If they can see what Microsoft Word feature or Outlook looks like and work on that
4. When creating tables, they are not as presentable like the way we see on Outlook
5. Editing Tools are limited like Undo, Cut features, they may need to improve that to be user friendly. At some point I deleted my entire paragraph by mistake, if I did not know how to use the shortcut keys like Ctrl + Z to Undo , I would have wanted so much time re-typimg it again. 😔 So for new uses who have no such knowledge, they want to see an Undo feature somewhere.

Maximiliano
Maximiliano
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

"Streamlining Customer Support: A User's Experience with Freshdesk"

Reviewed on 08/02/2023

As a user of Freshdesk, I can say that my experience with the software has been positive. Freshdesk has helped me manage customer interactions efficiently on a daily basis. The software's intuitive interface makes it easy for me to navigate and access the various tools and features that I need to manage customer inquiries and support requests

Pros

As a user of Freshdesk, here are some of the things I would like most about the software:Ease of Use: Freshdesk is user-friendly and easy to navigate, which makes it simple for salespeople to manage customer inquiries and resolve issues.Integration: Freshdesk integrates well with other systems and processes, allowing for seamless and efficient management of customer interactions.Call Monitoring: Freshdesk's call monitoring capabilities provide valuable insights into the performance of customer service operations and allow for continuous improvement.Customer Support: Freshdesk offers excellent customer support, helping users to resolve any issues and maximize the benefits of the software.Reporting and Analytics: Freshdesk provides a range of reporting and analytics tools, allowing users to monitor key metrics and measure the effectiveness of their customer service operations.

Cons

As a user of Freshdesk, here are some of the things I would like least about the software:Limited Customization: Freshdesk has limited customization options, which can make it challenging for users to fully personalize the software to meet their unique needs.Steep Learning Curve: Freshdesk can have a steep learning curve, especially for users who are new to customer service software. This can make it difficult for some users to quickly become proficient in using the software.Pricing: Freshdesk's pricing can be relatively high compared to some other customer service software solutions on the market, which can be a concern for businesses operating on a tight budget.

Karen
  • Industry: Accounting

Stop forwarding emails now

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Time saving functionality on many levels. Less emails in your inbox, and less hitting the forward button. Best part, if you're using Zendesk, you can import your emails from there when you get started. The functions in the free version are fantastic. Help desk, HELPS, but responding quickly. All private messages on a ticket or message are kept together with the email chain and kept private (unless you want the client to see the message). Recommend this product

Pros

I love the interaction with our team members. It's so easy to 'assign' emails to the correct department and the correct person within that department. Forget about hitting the forward button again, and having your team mates emails clog up with FWD: subject lines. You are also able to privately leave notes for your colleagues that the client doesn't see, but remains with the email chain! Happy days indeed. The customer service is great - even with the free version! - and you'll hear back very quickly about your queries or concerns. Nothing is too big or too small for them to respond to.
Also, you can set-up response times, and review how the team is going reaching the company's response time. This is a great function to see how your team responds to clientele and also to see the average resolution time of tasks. You're also able to change timezones so that this reflects more accurately.
Love, love, love the autoforward function, ie. if this email address @123abc.com sends an email it automatically gets assigned to this person in the team and this group. This isn't 100% accurate, but it's helped save time overall with minimal unassigned tasks coming through.

Cons

By setting up groups and team members of those groups, unfortunately if you assign it to the person & the group they'll get 2 email separate email reminders for the same email. We get around this by simply assigning it to the person in the group responsible, and they themselves apply it to the client group.
Another thing that is a little annoying, is if you apply it to a group - it leaves the email in 'unassigned' on the dashboard. Only if you apply it to a person will it remove it from this section. Again we just ensure we assign it to an individual.

Joshua Yeboah
Joshua Yeboah
  • Industry: Research

Enhancing Customer Experience: A Freshdesk Review

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Freshdesk has proven invaluable for our crowdsourcing company, addressing key business problems and delivering significant benefits. Its ticket management system streamlines customer support processes, ensuring prompt resolution. Multichannel support enables a seamless customer experience across channels. Freshdesk's unified inbox centralizes interactions, enhancing organization and timely responses.The reporting and analytics features provide valuable insights into support operations. Customizable dashboards track metrics, measure performance, and identify areas for improvement, optimizing support processes.Benefits realized include improved efficiency and productivity. Streamlined ticket management and automation allow us to handle higher volumes without compromising response times. This boosts customer satisfaction and loyalty.Integration with our existing CRM platform simplifies workflows and enhances data synchronization. A comprehensive customer view facilitates personalized support, ensuring seamless experiences.Freshdesk's user-friendly interface, robust ticket management, and multichannel support form a solid foundation for our operations. Reporting and analytics empower data-driven decision-making. Integration streamlines workflows and enhances customer experiences.In summary, Freshdesk transforms our customer support processes, enhancing customer satisfaction, productivity, and overall business outcomes. We are grateful for its positive impact on our crow

Pros

The thing I liked most about Freshdesk is how easy it is to use. The interface is clean, intuitive, and well-organized, making it a breeze for our team to navigate and access the various features. It didn't take long for everyone to get the hang of it, even new team members found it user-friendly.One of the standout features that had a significant impact on our customer support operations is the robust ticket management system. It allows us to effectively track, categorize, and prioritize customer inquiries. With automation and workflow rules, we were able to streamline our processes and ensure that tickets are assigned to the right team members promptly. This helped us prevent any tickets from slipping through the cracks and improved overall customer satisfaction.Another aspect that impressed us was Freshdesk's ability to provide multichannel support. It handles customer queries from various communication channels, including email, phone, live chat, and social media platforms. The unified inbox feature brings everything together, making it easy for our agents to respond promptly and consistently across different channels. This helped us maintain a cohesive and seamless customer experience.Lastly, the integration with our existing business was a smooth process. Freshdesk seamlessly integrated with our CRM system, allowing us to have a comprehensive view of our customer interactions.

Cons

While Freshdesk has been a great asset for our customer support operations, there are a few areas that could use improvement.One aspect that could be enhanced is the reporting and analytics features. Although Freshdesk provides some reporting capabilities and customizable dashboards, we found that the options for advanced analytics and customization were somewhat limited. We would love to have more in-depth insights into our support performance and the ability to create more tailored reports.Another area where we felt Freshdesk could improve is in social media integration. While it supports social media channels for customer communication, we found that the integration with social media platforms could be more robust. Having more advanced social media monitoring and engagement features within the software would help us effectively manage and respond to customer inquiries on those channels.Additionally, we encountered a few challenges when it came to configuring certain settings and workflow rules in Freshdesk. Some of the more advanced configuration options required a bit of trial and error to set up correctly. It would be beneficial if Freshdesk provided more intuitive and user-friendly interfaces for these advanced settings to simplify the configuration process, especially for non-technical users.