4.2
Melanie E.

This Has Become My Go To Tool for Pitch Decks

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 06/04/2019

The quality of the appearance of our pitch decks has improved 200%. And while it's what you say in that pitch that matters most first impressions and apparences count and the fact the agency has won jobs over bigger companies has at least a little to do with this.

Pros

Pitches are a part of daily life for my agency, and although over the years we have tried a number of pitch deck softwares when I found Slidebean I haven't used anything else since. It's hard to pick a best feature. It's not a steep learning curve to begin using it successfully, the design templates are great and the customer service is fantastic. A favorite tool for sure.

Cons

There's nothing to not like here. If you need to present pitch decks and do not maintain a full time design department to do it for you then this is the best tool out there.

Response from Slidebean

Melanie thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are more than happy to know that you found value in Slidebean.
We wish you the best!

Industry: Computer Software

The fastest way to create a deck

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 09/01/2019

It works great. As you start to use it more, you will fall in love with it.

Pros

- Ease of use
- They have intelligently separated out design from the content. You write your content at one place and Slidebean automagically creates a unique design for you based on that content.
- Present on the web itself.
- Send ppt as a web link which removed the need for a compatible version of ppt on the recipient machine.

Cons

Frankly nothing. They can do with more templates.

Joby I.

Great place to create and host your pitch decks

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Pros

The site has lots of templates including copies of the decks that companies like airbnb used to raise finance.
You can also create your own from scratch, the system is very easy to use so you can have a great looking deck up and running very quickly.
They also offer great tracking to see who is opening the deck how many views it getting etc. all hosted online.

Cons

My only criticism is that I would like more flexibility of the modifications I can make to a slide on the site. You do have the option of creating something in power point and keynote and uploading it, but it would be good to have that power online.

Don D.

I suck at design but you wouldn't know that with Slidebean

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Easy to learn tool that allows me to write great content while they take care of the design. I spend much less time on my decks now and end up with a higher quality result. Huge library of templates and content for your decks. Their chat support is great as well!

Pros

Value to me. Time savings and quality of the finished product.

Cons

It's buggy sometimes but what startup app isn't?

Jackson C.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

Great slide sharing/pitching/presentation software

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 20/07/2019

I picked this up on a lifetime deal from AppSumo in 2016, figuring I'd need it someday. That day finally came this year (2019) and I'm glad I invested in it to "future-proof" my business. The software seems much improved from the time it launched. I had no problems learning and using it, and I'm not much of a techie, so that's a good sign anyone can quickly master Slidebean.

Pros

This was easy to learn software that creates nice-looking, professional slides. It includes a library of animated GIFs, color palettes, pitch templates, and royalty-free stock photos to jazz your slides up.

Cons

I have not had any real problems with this software yet.

Response from Slidebean

Hi Jackson, we are so glad to know that we were able to bring value to you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Cheers,

Slidebean Team

Julian J.

Best Presentation App out there!

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Slidebean is super easy to use! It helped me create awesome looking presentations for my startup! Great customer success team! Never using PowerPoint again!

Awesome looking presentation
Great Design Team
Great Customer Success team
Great Pricing

Cons

Nothing

Joshua S.

Great start but too buggy for real use

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Pros

Easy quick and beautiful. Great starter templates and color themes. Love the icon library and the simple intuitive UI.

Cons

Too many small frustrations. Moving my entire layout when I add a content block. Pushing the title or other blocks off canvas so they have to be deleted and recreated. Buggy content editors causing me to have to input text over and over again. Things not saving, or overwriting other content blocks when making selections.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Karol M.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

Slidebean is Awesome!

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

I began using slidebean for all my presentations a time ago, and it is great. My presentations are creative, unique, and professional . Just Great!!!

Pros

It is easy to use and helps me creating best presentation with enough text, great images and so on.

Cons

I really like it!

Paulo A.

Justin T.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Awesome product, works for Fuddar

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Slidebean's intuitive presentation engine is fantastic to use. I was able to create Fuddar's MVP presentation using one of their templates. Fantastic customer support and agile company!

Pros

Great templates, ease of use

Cons

Mobile compatibility

Pip Q.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Continued to charge after cancelling

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 29/08/2018

I canceled my subscription in September last year which was acknowledged by then but they continued to charge me monthly until June this year. I received only a partial refund (3months) and am still trying to recoup the remaining 6 months worth of subs. It was so disappointing. So far it's been a wall of silence.

Pros

The product is fantastic . It was a little expensive and I wasn't using it as much as I should have, so I ended up cancelling.

Cons

Would have preferred my colour choices for the presentations

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Roberto I.
Industry: Entertainment

You can look like an expert in slide design

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

I always consider myself having horrible skills in making slides, but this sw made my life easier.

Pros

There were three main things that I loved

First the separation of design an content, so you can be focus on different thing at a time
Second, the easiness of using the software, how to change things, colors, text font, etc
And third, the amazing templates make you look like a pro

Cons

The AI feature that is supposed to help you arrange things up, is not too helpful as it seams. The professional version is too expensive for non frequent users.

Oliver B.
Industry: Financial Services

A must for entrepreneurs

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Pros

The slide deck templates from famous companies are priceless. Building on top of these forces you to do thorough research where you may have left holes and results in a deck with the wow factor.

Cons

Customising slides and rearranging elements is still a bit clunky and there are a few other minor bugs.

Early in the process, great value for money if you can get in now while they build out roadmap tech.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Cloud slide presentation development at a good value for the cost of the product.

Pros

Love the easy edibility within the slide software. Pre-made templates to choose from that makes editing a professional presentation easy and accessible. They have the ability to share and integrate with ease.

Cons

The platform is newer, at least it seems to be, and that has caused the platform to seem not fully built out yet. The roadmap will include far more pre-made templates and integration features, however right now the value for money is on point with where they are in the development process.

An amazing online presentation tool for use

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

The great advantage slidebean has is the insights which It can show it for the presentation.

Pros

Slidebean is an awesome online presentation tool which I think is more geared towards Pitch Desks. I had an opportunity to create a pitch desk with one of my clients and the option to see the insights of the presentation is very good to have.

Cons

They could include various themes and an option to create our own theme, right now there isn't many themes which personally like.

Wendy L.
Industry: Computer Software

Site has numerous bugs and is very unstable

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Pros

Professional existing templates and easy to use.

Cons

The website is very very unstable. I am creating a deck for my company so I paid for an annual membership. For the past week, I used this platform everyday. There are some small bugs here and there such as the table chart etc. I understand that this is a newer platform and the team is ironing out issues. That is understandable.

But then comes today. OMG. The website wiped out all my images and logos. Spoke with a support person. They said it is because Amazon Web Services is having issues so the images cannot load properly. I am pretty sure there is some sort of bug
However, not only was the image not loading, it was doing crazy things. I tried to upload a picture, it turned my slide background black! I cannot export my presentation to PPT or anything.
The representative whom I spoke with kept saying this is a AWS issue. He couldn't tell me when the issue can be fixed. These issues rendered my deck completely unusable.

I am pretty sure this is not just an AWS issue. I like Slidebean until now. I didn't appreciate how they kept blaming everything on AWS and did not give me an estimate on when the problem will get resolved. Its unprofessional.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Jackline M.

Bombass Presentation Software

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

been using it for service proposals mostly but my clients seem to really love the format of delivering the proposal with a link and I can also use their insights to track how far along my clients got into the proposal

Pros

easy to use

Response from Slidebean

Happy our service proposal template are working out great for you :)

Richard S.
Industry: Education Management

Really easy to use!

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

So, I'm not very good with design, presentations or any of that. And with Slide bean I managed to make really clean slides, that actually look good, and it was easy. Overall very happy with the service, fast and simple.

Pros

Again, it's easy and to the point, great for quick slides, fast and simple presentations, I used it for some lectures no issues really.

Cons

It needs to grow a bit, I could use some other features, and maybe more kinds of elements, or an app to handle things on the phone, but as problems go, nothing mayor.

Isabella S.

My favorite online presentation tool!

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

I've been using Slidebean for over a year now and I love it! The simplicity of the platform and the variety of templates that it offers makes it a great presentation tool. Not only I would recommend it for startups, but also for marketers and businesses that need to create presentations on a daily basis.

Rocío C.

The best presentation experience

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

The most versatile tool, simple and with multiple possibilities in terms of design.
It is not easy to find all these attributes in a single platform, at the same time is accessible ($$) and with an awesome Customer Support team , always willing to provide the best customer service.

Slidebean.

Industry: Financial Services

Great idea but lots of improvement needed.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Pros

It is really simple to create a presentation and very easy to make any changes to your slides within the platform. But overall their systems lack a lot of necessary functions and is filled with issues.

Cons

Cant change font size, the only option is to either super script or sub script. Pay as you go power point slide is completely useless as it only exports an image to Power Point and you can't edit it! Based on the limited functionalitiy of the platform don't waste your money on this service

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Ipek U.
Industry: Management Consulting

Rating only

Reviewed on 20/05/2016

George G.
Industry: Management Consulting

Give it some time for you to shed your .ppt-thinking. Then you'll like it!

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

It's really quite good! I have made my last few marketing decks in Slidebean (replacing Keynote which replaced powerpoint) and have been very happy.

THe ability to share a link instead of a file means there's nothing to download which is something that frightens customers today.

Pros

You can make beautiful slides that are nicely formatted and have carefully chosen color schemes. At first it seems too limiting, but once you get the hang of the approach you'll find it very useful and easy.

Cons

I'm not crazy about the presentation experience... it builds one element per click -- I'd like to move along at 1 page per click. I'm worried that customers will get bored and abandon...

Edwin S.
Industry: Sports

Sleek and breathy slides; it separates content from design and eliminates the huge learning curve

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

It does the thinking for me in terms of design and formatting, and that is where a lot of time was wasted when I created slides. And I don't need to spend extra time learning what a huge range of tools does when it's done for me automatically in the background.

Pros

I've used the classic PowerPoint for many years and I still use that at time for particular reasons when I need hefty presentations rich in facts and figures. But more often than not, I need sleek and breathy slides that showcases tastefully 1 or 3 points per slide. I find Slidebean to do a neat job at separating content from design. Unlike what I was used to previously and that was tons of tools and a huge learning curve, Slidebean's design and formatting is automated and can be tweaked quickly. Since the end result doesn't require perfection, I'm rather grateful with the automation features as I don't have to be too creative myself and I can rather cherry pick the suggestions I'm offered.

Cons

It works for me. No hiccups there. Tweaking and editing just takes getting used to, but I knew what my expectations were when I went in, and they were met.

Response from Slidebean

Edwin thanks for your review, we are glad you found Slidebean useful. We have something new coming in the nexts days. We'll keep you posted.

Heath H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Enhance your Pitch Deck and make your slides more visually striking.

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Pros

I'm not the most "design" skilled person, one thing i struggle with is making presentations really pop and look striking or complex.

Slidebean has really helped bring my presentations to life once i have all the data, text and graphs imported. If you are in a creative field (or presenting to a creative business) then Slidebean saves time on the visual aspect of your slide deck and makes sure it's more appealing for viewers.

I like that it's intergrated with Powerpoint and Google Slides, not just their own platform - that way people think you designed everything yourself!

Cons

Nothing i disliked, but maybe they could integrate with more tools in future? If they could get skilled and help out with Prezi or Canva presentation, even though they are competitors, it would be fantastic. AS the downside to those other tools if the fact there's very little help and support. Slidebean on the other hand is very personal and supportive.