OpsGenie

Modern IT incident management and response solution

4.4/5
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.6/5

139 Reviews for UK Users

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use, with great integrations and reporting

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

We've been really happy since we switched our alerting to OpsGenie. Our old app didn't give us the flexibility we needed to create the complex oncall schedules that we needed for our engineering org.

Pros

It's easy to use, with integrations for all of our monitoring and messaging apps. The reporting around alert activity and agent performance is excellent. The team organization gives us great flexibility in how we set up our oncall and alert schedules.

Cons

Some of the scheduling around teams can be counterintuitive. If you're not doing it all of the time, it can take a little hunting around to get the setup you want

Easy way to Oncall and Incident Management

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

We moved from pagerduty to opsgenie, it was easy to setup and get going. Working out well so far.

Pros

- Setting up is simple
- Lots of integrations available
- Role Based Access Control
- One can create good Dashboard
- Mobile App is very handy

Cons

- Extracting information from the integration and showing it up in the alert is difficult to setup
- The user experience could be simplified but that is the case with all atlassian products

Shitij
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Opsgenie use at Dunzo

Reviewed on 27/01/2023

For daily usecases opsgenie works very smoothly. Anyplace where customisation is needed, it is not easy to work with

Pros

Easy to setup basic alerting and routing. On call management is also flexible. Has got lots of integrations

Cons

Most good integrations are only within atlassian ecosystem. Anything over basic use is complex and UX is not very intuitive. Incident management plan is not cheap

PagerDuty

I use OpsGenie alerts to manage my work all day. I can react immediately when an issue arises.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

I really like the flexibility I have in receiving notifications. I can set mobile alerts or even phone calls for the most immediate needs, or just an email for something that I just need to see by the end of the day. I work in production support. So, this immediate filtering of alerts is key to meeting my performance goals.

Cons

I don't actually do the alert configuration myself, but there seems to be a lot of required information to manage new types of alerts. Possibly too flexible, meaning not enough structure to build functionality easily and quickly.

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

After looking at competing options, OpsGenie provided the best value overall

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

We went from having end users tell us systems were down, to proactively being alerted about critical issues. With the flood of alert emails coming in from every direction, it was just not feasible to respond to every email that chimes on your phone. OpsGenie allowed us to filter out the garbage and know that if my phone is ringing in the middle of the night, it's something worth being woken up for.

Pros

Frankly, most of the products in this category do basically the same thing. OpsGenie's advantage is the cost, especially when you look at the co-marketing being done. OpsGenie and Solarwinds working together to replace Alert Central is a great example.

Cons

The filtering can be a little complicated, but that is to be expected. Otherwise I don't have any complaints.

• Industry: Music
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Finally a tool that lets you easily organise your on-call team

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

So far so good, I've tested the call and sms alerts and they've worked as expected.

I'm excited to...

I'm excited to see how this benefits the team in the long run.

Pros

For years we have been running an in house on call team, up until discovering opsegenie this was a very basic on-call rota with a shared mobile number

Opsgenie allows us to setup much more complex on-call rotas, with on call management and escalations, meaning alerts and on-call calls should rarely get missed.

While I've yet to fully integrate all core system alerts, it looks like it can integrate with pretty much everything.

The free tier seems extremely generous considering everything it offers

Cons

It's going to be quite time consuming to setup alerts from everything you want to monitor, but that's not the fault of opsegenie

It took a little time to work out how to input the rota schedule for staff, this was down to me learning how to use the system, but I think the UI could be improved in that area to make it more clear

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

I use a daily to notify issues about my apps and works like a charm

1. easier to settings
2. availability (uptime)
3. the message of alert contains great elements

1. easier to settings
2. availability (uptime)
3. the message of alert contains great elements

Pros

1. is very simple to setting teams, escalations and source notifications
2. reports is easier to use
3. integratetions

Cons

1. the on call schedule isn´t easy in your first visit.
2. integrations with another apps need more docs o information

OpsGenie Review

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Pros

I love the ease of use with the OpsGenie dahsboard, as well as being able to receive immediate notifications on my mobile phone.

Cons

No real dislikes -- the dashboard is a little overwhelming at first, but the feature set is great once you get used to the navigation.

• Industry: Insurance

Excellent choice for managing notifications, monitoring, and escalations

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

We are using Ops Genie as the central point of management for application alerts, server monitoring, and website monitoring. It has allowed us to fine tune our policies to only send alerts that we deem as priority to the staff, and only within specific hours.
In the beginning we were generating far too many notifications based on the activity of alerts created from our applications and monitoring. The best feature is that with Ops Genie, we can modify incoming alerts to mute them based on very specific criteria. This means no changes are required to the applications reporting the notifications, it can all be managed from a central location.

Pros

Extremely easy to use.
Configuration options are clear and simple to setup, but extremely powerful.

We have setup a fairly complex set of policies and escalation schedules and it remains very simple to manage.

Cons

So far it has met all my needs, no cons.

James
James

Nice affordable alternative to Pagerduty

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Distributed support management for our small team.

Distributed support management for our small team.

Pros

The economics of the platform fit our needs better than the alternatives. I like the ability to easily spread the responsibility of support across the team.

Cons

The complexity of the interface is the biggest weakness that this solution has. Sometimes it requires a long time user to use a support ticket to figure out how to do something simple.

William

Good, almost great

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Reliable Alerts monitoring from our application and infrastructure. Without it, we'd either be staring at monitors all night, or waiting for customers to call us and complain. Critical critical app for us.

Pros

The scheduling, routing, and alerting of the alerts is spectacular. Really simple to use, really powerful.

Cons

The new ui for alerts. Yes, its more flexible and exposes more functionalilty that was previously possible. But for 99% of the time its too, too much UI flexibility. When the house is on fire, I want to grab the fire estinguisher and go. Your ui slows me down. It just needs to let me select open, unacked, and closed alerts, SUPER SUPER easily and SUPER SUPER FAST.

Also, the Android app is often unusably slow. I can often boot up my laptop, login to our domain, unlock password manager, and login into the opsgenine website before the stupid app will actually display the alert. Terrible.

Andianne
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

I'll know for sure that I receive my alert, using different channels

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Fast acting on solving a problem before my customers notice it!

Pros

It has many ways to notify me: push notification, SMS, Phone call, email. And I love the sum of integrations available, easy to set up and customize. It is a must have solution if you need to be sure that you get alerted when some of the services you offer have a problem and needs to respect the SLA. Long story short, you know when something goes wrong before your customer has a chance to notice the problem!

Cons

The search is not finding the correct results sometimes. The phone calls keep coming even after the alert is acknowledged, sometimes I need to answer in order to stop the calls. And what I like the least is that I cannot bulk note and close all the alerts at the same time, it should be a button for that, when 50+ alerts need the same note and close action.

Vibhu

OpsGenie Review positives and Negatives.

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

It is very easy to use application. Also highly recommendable if your budget is low.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is very handy. Also the mobile app takes this to another level from where we can access and get notified on time whenever there is an alert that comes in. Also it supports call feature if you failed to acknowledge the alert.

Cons

There is no SLA Warning or breached graph on the application that is the only con that I've found on my side.

Prabhudatsinh

One stop solution

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Overall we are happy and glad to recommend OpsGenie at any other organization.

Pros

Opsgenie is one stop solution for our monitoring need . Adding Opsgenie reduces our manual and development effort very much. Systems are now easily manageable

Cons

There are still some integration which needs development efforts i..e JIRA . I wish that can also be automated and one click away integration.

Andris
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great product

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

With a help of OpsGenie, we massively improved our response time and it helped to meet SLA agreements with ustomers.

Pros

OpsGenie allows you multiple integrations. We are using Zabbix integration and it works perfect for us.

Cons

At the first point, it is a bit tricky to understand on-call schedules but that was couple of years ago and they done a lot of improvments.

RoophaShree

This tool is really very helpful and easy to use.

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

From this software we are able to monitor all the below threshold level values and alerts get triggered automatically.

Pros

This software can be used by anyone and it is very easy to use. The alerts that get triggered are all genuine alerts and for the alerts which are critical, the incidents get automatically created.

Cons

Once we open any alert somewhere in between and again go back to open next alert it shows from the beginning wherein we have to again scroll down to search for the same alert.

John

Great tool for monitoring systems and escalations

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

It has proven to be useful many times. We also utilize the incoming call option, so people can call for live support and it will rotate through the agents to find someone who is available.

Pros

It is a great tool because it allows you to escalate notifications so that if someone does not respond it will go to someone else. This allows for better support in an on call type of situation.

Cons

I have not encountered any issues with the software. There is a slight learning curve to understand how everything works and how to configure it, but it was fairly straightforward. Their support is also very helpful if you run into any issues.

Great Service for Operations Alerts

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Pros

Vast list of different integrations available to connect with current tools being used in your environment.
Allows for extra logic to be placed after the alerts are created which provides flexibility in many areas.

Cons

The ease of getting your users configured and ready to receive alerts is a little tricky to wrap your head around at first. After that, its smooth sailing.

David

Really great application.

Real time Monitoring, increased reliability

Real time Monitoring, increased reliability

Pros

OG has a very large list of applications it can integrate with. It also has a really simple Python integration which makes it really simple to creat customized allerts.

Biswajit

Its easier to manage our alerts and makes our Oncall life much better.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

It helps us to manage our Oncall rotations and managing alerts in much easier way.

Pros

i like the Opsgenie smartphone app. I personally use it on my iPhone. I like the options it has for all the alerts.

Cons

May be the notifications settings.Nowadays i can't use the 'ack all' and 'close all' option. Any reason why its disabled for me. Earlier it used to work for me.

It is easy to edit, user-friendly and has amazing features of syncing up with communication...

Reviewed on 29/12/2017

Pros

Sync-Up feature with other tools like Slack/Hipchat. I am a daily user and the navigation and search options are pretty attractive.

Cons

The notes section can be made better, there is a notes button and then we see the notes. I think this can be improvised. Earlier, having used service-now, I am used to seeing notes in a better format.

Eren

mostly flawless, does what it promises

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

Great price compared to similar software, feature set is pretty decent, interfaces are nice and detailed activity log is super nice.

Cons

There are some missing integrations. When it comes to other software, OpsGenie seems to be not as popular as some competitors and thus they don't have integration towards OpsGenie.

Raiko
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great Product, best customer service I have seen in a long time

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Pros

It's so easy to use, totally reliable and customer service is just great and proactive

Cons

actually there is nothing I don't like at all

Very useful paging tool

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Overall, I have had no problems with OpsGenie. It has been a great tool to support my on-call job duties and I'll very much recommend it.

Pros

Mobile application makes paging very easy and a great UI provided by the developers makes it easier to navigate even when using the mobile application

Cons

There have often been cases where the incident got escalated even when the alert was acknowledged. I'd say there was a miss about the defined SLA.

Arthur

I like it, does the trick

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

We've never run into a situation where we couldn't integrate OpsGenie with some other service. i think that's awesome.

Cons

The advanced configuration page is difficult to use. It would be nice if we could use a test event and dry run the integrations to see if they work.