Vagaro

Sean A
Sean A
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good value for the price

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Pros

I set this software up for a massage therapist shop. It was for an individual who needed to contract out 2 services, yoga and massage therapy. In order to do that, we had to buy 2 subscriptions what was sort of a pain. However, the ease of use of software was great. There's integration into yelp and facebook. It integrates right into your google calendar which is super important for people that are really busy. Also its way cheaper than mind body so that's a bonus.

They provide everything you need in order to setup a successful massage shop or whatever in fitness you are doing. They even take credit card for services. If you swipe it on your phone in the mobile app, it will ask you for a tip. On ipad, it doesn't.

Also vagaro allows you to rebook an appointment on the spot which I found very convenient for rebookings.

Cons

It was really hard to setup multiple services within the shop. I had to setup yoga and massage under 2 different employees but the same name, with 2 different google calendars. It was really messy. It works best when you have employees and can set them up under services they provide, if your solo and provide more than 1 service that aren't related, its hard.

Keyone
  • Industry: Hospitality

Oh how I love Vagaro!!

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

A few words : EXCELLENT, STREAMLINED SERVICE AND MAKES MY DAY FLOW

A few words : EXCELLENT, STREAMLINED SERVICE AND MAKES MY DAY FLOW

Pros

I love how streamlined it has become in my work/life balance. It's almost like my boss dictating when I can or cannot have the day off. It just helps in many ways with me mapping out my day and as a big plus I can link it with my Apple Watch.

Cons

Honestly I'll need a while to think about if I had any complaints in the past but for now I'm just gonna enjoy my experience.

Amber

Vagaro Is a horrible software, We have asked them repeatedly to remove the false reviews!!!!!

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

Horrible, Horrible Horrible Horrible Software

Horrible, Horrible Horrible Horrible Software

Pros

Not much, constant complaints on the online booking, outages, fake reviews

Cons

Arrogant, rude, will not fake plant reviews, I don't want reviews period. I trust Google for my reviews, not some podunk reviews from plant clients.

Response from Vagaro

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. At Vagaro, we strive to maintain a standard that ensures fairness and accuracy in all business reviews. If you believe that your review doesn't align with our review standards outlined here: [https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167680-Business-Review-Standards-in-Vagaro], please don't hesitate to contact our team for assistance with the matter.

If you prefer not to display reviews on your Vagaro page, our premium feature MySite offers the option to remove them from your website.

Markell
Markell

Happy Stylist and Customer

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

Pros

The ease of use, it wasn’t a headache trying to use the program.

Cons

I haven’t had the chance to dislike anything about Vagaro just yet.

Chermaine

Great Scheduling platform

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

Its easy for clients to book appointments.

Cons

Its not as popular as other platforms that clients are accustomed to using.

Sara
  • Industry: Veterinary

Easy Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Pros

User-friendly interface, appropriate amount of reminders for my appointments.

Cons

No major issues for me with Vagaro. Easily able to schedule my hair appointments for years using this software.

Marnie
  • Industry: Design

Simple and ease of use

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Pros

The simplicity of the app. I am able to easily cross check schedules with appointments using Vagaro

Cons

It can take quite a bit to load and sometimes can be glitchy.

Jae
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Super easy to yse

Reviewed on 03/04/2024

Pros

So easy for booking clients, it’s a few clicks and they’re booked

Cons

Takes a little while to get use to using the system

Ricardo
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great way to book a relaxing mental health day with trusted companies

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Pros

I liked finding local places to get spa treatments or massages. It showed me reputable businesses and I saw a lot of good photos to know what to expect.

Cons

I saw some nice spas in my city that are not on Vagaro. Not all places seem to be listed.

Alexandra
  • Industry: Market Research

Easy to use! (and edit)

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Great both on computer and mobile device. Super easy to use!

Great both on computer and mobile device. Super easy to use!

Pros

Love when the places I need to schedule an appointment at use Vagaro. It's super easy to pick a date and time and see the available appointments. I am able to sync it with my calendar for an extra reminder, get schedule updates, and easily edit or cancel appointments I've made.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about this app!

Marissa

After 7 years with another booking software, we switched to Vagaro in 2019 and have been very...

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

We really like Vagaro. We have improved/streamlined our online booking thanks to it.

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate and is much more client-user friendly than other booking software. And Daily Deals are great!

Cons

Vagaro still doesn't have a lot of little features/extensions that would make doing business even easier, but they keep adding new things, which is helpful.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Booker's interface was very rudimentary. The site was regularly down for maintenance, making it difficult to schedule or check out clients standing in front of us! And the cost kept going up for no additional features or services.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro had better features.
Felicia

My clients and myself love Vagaro!

Reviewed on 13/01/2020

Vagaro has been great. Even when My website domain host offered a booking site through them, they admitted theirs can't compare to everything Vagaro can do.

Pros

I love that I don't have to be a slave to my phone. I don't have to go back and forth with clients, "how bout this time? or this time? or this time?" they can just get online and see all my openings!
I don't (often) have to leave my clients in the middle of appointments to book another one. When i'm off/busy i set my work phone to driving mode, directing my clients to book online.
The reminder texts are a God Sent according to my clients and compliments very well the ability to set my clients up on a rotating schedule which is also very convenient!
Oh, and the dashboard is a great tool to track busy times, slow times and number of clients, repeat clients and if they're booking online or not

Cons

I don't know if this is already a feature or something I need to do on my end through my phone but it'd be very useful if i got some sort of sound notification, a ding of some sort, when someone booked online so i would be aware of it when i'm super busy and think I know my schedule and end up telling a walk-in to come back when I think I have a gap in my day but it's been filled online.
I do wish there was a way I could make certain appointments only available during certain times for services that I share a room with another stylist.
And not that it happens often (maybe 3 times in 3 years) but when the site is down.... i feel totally lost, like a have no control over my life, I don't know when my next appointment is, who they are or what they're having done! it's awful. but it never lasts more than an hour or two I don't think.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I don't remember the exact features that the other ones it tried lacked.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

better over all lay out, ease of use and convenient domain name.
Benjamin

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none.
To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

ZENOTI

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We wanted one program to do everything, and after researching Vagaro and trying the Free Trial, it was absolutely what we wanted...and more.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Zenoti was way, way too expensive for a small business such as us and YoureOnTime didn't offer recurring payments (for memberships). They look to be great products (especially YoureOnTime), but they just didn't fit our needs 100%.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Melinda

Vagaro is an INCREDIBLE deal & service!

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Vagaro is hands down the best!! We thought we needed to switch to Mindbody recently (because a handful of nearby studios used them), and we were back in just TWO weeks because Mindbody's software and customer service were unbelievably awful. Vagaro has superior customer service, intuitive system use, MUCH better user-interface, and overall an excellent staff and customer experience! Our clients were SO happy when we switched back to Vagaro :)

Pros

It's easy to use, customer service is always available and helpful (even if they can't solve your request right away, they get back to you), our customers LOVE the ease of the program, and it's actually affordable!

Cons

I do wish you could check people in to a class and if someone didn't show, it would register as like 7/8 in the class count after checkout so we could see the "realtime" class attendance.

ABC Glofox and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Affordability, customer service, and better product.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Melinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you and your clients love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Michelle

Vagaro Love (it's a real thing)

Reviewed on 24/03/2022

Great, great. I love Vagaro. Like, sincerely hands-down I am fan all the way. It's format is user friendly for my clients and my staff to learn. The vagaro university on YouTube is so useful. Of course, their customer service rocks. The learning curve with my previous CRM was painful and long. Vagaro is a joy to work with.

Pros

The customer service. The majority of reps are great and very helpful. I also love the a la carte pricing, it makes it so much more affordable and you can add what you need as you grow. I also love how they are consistently adding new features. I also feel like they listen to user feedback and implement changes. Vagaro University on Youtube is great! The electronic forms are a lifesaver to help enforce our cancellation/refund policy. Thanks to Vagaro I could run my business with peace of mind and be seen as more professional by the public.

Cons

I wish the logging in part was faster for the client and also it feels like the experience is more on vagaro than our brand. I would like the option to create a brand app more affordable. Also, if a client already has an account from another user, it erases the information placed it by me and makes me start all over. I would also like the client to add their mailing address and date of birth on their intake. The mailing address is an important aspect of our marketing. I wish the star rating on employees could be a feature that could be turned off or on. At times, it makes it hard for newer therapists to get bookings.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

MindBody was terrible. The monthly price was ludicrous and expensive. They raised prices four times in one year without notice. All the "bells and whistles" they offered were so hard to use that it wasn't worth it. It was way too expensive for a start up. I hated the learning curve.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Outstanding customer service, the learning curve was a quarter of what MindBody was. The price was so reasonable for a solo provider which is how I started.

Response from Vagaro

Hello Michelle. We appreciate your review. If you would like to discuss these issues further, please reach out to [email protected]. Thanks so much for the kind words!

Mike

Great Scheduling System for both provider and clients

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

I have been using Vagaro for about a decade now. I would say that if your looking for a scheduling system and the ability to have your clients book online and also receive reminders than Vagaro is perfect for you.

Pros

I like that fact that clients can schedule anytime. I also like the fact that on my voice mail I inform new and existing clients of the website. This is very helpful because I can't always answer the phone. This gives the clients more option and the ability to look at my schedule and make an appointment that meets the clients needs.

Cons

It was difficult using the Merchant Services to take payments. The price was in line with some of the other providers such as Square. Before taking payments from clients, I wanted to make sure it work. I used my debit card to charge $1.00. After I did that and started taking payments they froze my account, noting that I violated the Merchant Service agreement. It took several months to get this resolved. I had to find out which company Vagaro was using to process Merchant Services. I had to call so many times as well as write and mail out demand letters to get my founds. I found that it was less expensive going with one of the major processors such as First Data and Fiserv Merchant Services. I also was not impressed with Vagaro's customer service. I had issues with their Merchant Services as well as some other customer services issues. As I have been using Vagaro for the past decade I would have hoped that their customer service would be much better. Don't expect much from the customer service team or the management.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Schedulicity was not providing what Vagaro was offering.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro had the best system.
Maria
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Efficacy of Vagaro is powerful for small businesses

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

My experience is satisfactory. Customer service is helpful. The resolution timeframe is fast. Overall function is effecient.

Pros

Vagaro is a powerful tool for small businesses.

Cons

I want the system to list the business address for the location in the appointment reminders. Also I want vagaro to allow administrators to personalize the Personal Task time off. The selections are to narrow.

Cost and functions.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

For the area of esthetics vagaro is becoming easy to use by clients.
Maria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent Booking System !

Reviewed on 31/08/2016

I really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client retention and clients that did not like to book in advance no do so because they don't have to remember to call and then play phone tag until we get to talk. I am a sole proprietor. Even good people forget appointments , with the 3 reminders that clients get its hard to forget to come in. If they still do forget or no show you can check with Vagaro to see if the text actually went through. I had a client that said she never got the message. She seemed honest but I did not see how that could be possible. I checked with Vagaro and there was an issue with her phone service. I don't do this with everyone, but in this case she really did not get the message. I do love that wen a client confirms the appointment the color in the appointment book changes to orange . If not I call them up. I love how it keeps track of what I do and what the clients get. I also love that I can set rules for online booking. I have mine set to 48 hour advance booking notice and then I have to approve it. But its possible to have same day booking open as well or not at all. I can keep track of how I I take payment cash or credit or check. The gift certificates are wondeful too. You can have a little creativity with them. Now and then someone will call when I am closed for a gift. I can send them a gift certificate through email. You can also do email blasts. I think a text blast would be great too, although they don't offer this at the moment. .

Pros

The ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.

Cons

It does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.

Samantha
  • Industry: Consumer Services

My salon has used this software since we opened almost 4 years ago, absolutely love it.

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

The salon benefits tremendously from using this software. First being, salon operations. The overall smooth running of the salon. With the booking block scheduling, color coordinated services, customized services, and application/processing time being adjustable, it just makes the salon run so much smoother. The service providers never struggle with their time management thanks to vagaro. Each service booked in their book is booked appropriately by time, which makes a smooth transition from one client to the next. Also, when checking customers out, it is super easy. Being a booth rental salon, who still functions as a team and uses one system, one receptionist, one merchant, one credit card machine, it makes it easy. It breaks down each providers day, total services, total money taken, etc. So, when it's time to closeout, there are no mishaps, you know exactly what happened with each client, by name, by service, by provider. You can truly check anything you need to. Also, when clients move their appointments around, as clients always do, vagaro has it set up very smoothly. It's very easy to move a clients appointment from one day to the other. Also, having the business website attached to the actual software is a major bonus! A lot of new clients find us using vagaro. The new customers can see customer reviews, they can see our service menu and prices, our hours, everything they need to know, and they can book online right then and there! Our clients truly love booking online, without that feature, a lot of our clients would have a hard time booking appointments because their schedule changes from day to day. With this option, the night before they know they are going to be free for a service, they can open up their phone and book for the appointment they need with the service provider of their choice! Vagaro, with the few faults it may have, is hands down the BEST salon software you can get today! It's a one size fits all type of system that has worked while we were an hourly salon, then to a commission salon, and now a booth rental salon. Vagaro is so great that we REQUIRE all of our service providers to use this system! The providers that have been with us since the beginning wanted to stay with vagaro. The new providers were amazed by the system and were happy they made the switch! Anyone who has ever used this system would be a customer, no matter the size or type of salon you have! It's the best! Almost 4 years with vagaro, and many more to come!

Pros

The online booking feature is a MUST with our clients, they absolutely love it. Also, the fact that you can have your website attached, a beautiful website at that. The ease of entering in all of our services into the service menu, our prices, and individual time intervals per service and per provider. But, the BEST thing about vagaro, is the ease of paper work. We do our daily tally and weekly tally sheets, and vagaro makes that absolutely a breeze. I am part owner, salon manager, and reception and I do all of the employees paperwork and money handling, and vagaro is absolutely amazing and makes the process so much easier than other software I've used over the years. The transaction list, to be able to go through all checkouts for the day, to be able to refund, charges, cash, and checks all separated into categories. It's just amazing. The checkout through vagaro is nice as well, you can put in the tip amount, check, cash, or charge, without using their merchant services, which is a benefit because you have an actual layout of each customer, each transaction, whereas on the credit card machine, which is completely separate, you can only see customer, and how much paid, including tip. Since, we opened this salon, we have only had vagaro, and we will continue to only have vagaro. It's the best salon and spa software that is available. No matter the size of salon, or services offered. This system works for everyone. Also, the text message updates they send out when theyre down.

Cons

There are really only a few things that I like the least about Vagaro. One would be, the system issues, especially with the credit card processing. When we first opened we were using vagaro as our merchant as well for our credit cards, and we had nothing but issues. Even now, I get the texts whenever there is a software malfunction, and it seems most of the malfunction is with credit card processing. So, we ended up having to buy an actual credit card machine and go with a different merchant provider, and now all of that is resolved. The next thing I like the least is, you can't separate your business at all. We have both tanning and a hair/nail salon. So, our tanning hours are slightly different from our hair/nail hours, and there is no way on vagaro, or our website, to separate and add additional hours. The last thing I like the least, is that Vagaro really only allows you to add services, there's no where for us to list our prices for tanning on our website, unless we take a picture of the menu and post it in our pictures, which would be out of place.

Stephanie

Initially Good, then overall decline in application

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Initially, it was really good, however, about 6 months ago there was a major upgrade, and the application has declined and seems to have many issues within their marketing campaign, forms, and syncing between locations.

Pros

Initially, we needed to track our customers packages, gift cards, and appointments. Scheduling, reminders and forms for services were also an important feature.

Cons

We are required by our insurance company to have forms for each service and forms have been an issue by not sending out to customers, saying they are filled out when they are not. Additionally, the marketing campaign feature (emails/text) does not provide you with correct data. What they say will be "Announced" does not match what was processed and text messages are sent DAYS after it was announced. Additionally, customers are missing from the email/text campaigns and Vagaro says that to account for any missing customers that would be an "enhancement". Reallyyyyy, what is processed versus delivered/failed do not match and there are missing customers and that is considered an enhancement. Additionally, you have to submit a ticket to determine what happened and if they don't research it with a 7-day window, they respond that they can't research it. We have been going round and round for over 4 months to get these issues resolved. Very disappointed in where this application is going.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We've taken note of the issues you've experienced with our service. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve these issues. If there's anything specific you'd like us to address or if you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. We're committed to ensuring that your experience with our software meets your expectations.

Scott
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Total salon management suite at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Since I am independent contractor and responsible for booking my own appointments, this really frees up a lot of time that I would have to spend on the phone booking and confirming appointments. Also helps me keep track of so many aspects of my business so I know at a glance what needs to be addressed, how and when. I have considered using other options and even signed up for a couple of trials but in the end I have stayed with Vagaro because nothing else has impressed me enough to switch.

Pros

Many available features and you only pay for what you need to use. Very intuitive interface and comprehensive online tutorials to help if you need help.
I work in a salon with others who don't use salon management software and still do everything "old school". I am amazed at how much more time they spend on the things that Vagaro simply takes care of for me such as allowing my clients to book their own appointments online 24/7 and sending reminders and confirming appointments. I keeps track of my retail inventory and lets me know when I need to reorder and the customization of reports really help me see what areas of my business need attention.

Cons

When I recently changed salons and starting booth renting for the first time, I was advised by Vagaro that my client information would be transferred to my new Vagaro account with the previous salon owners permission. However, once I set up the new account the only thing that was transferred was client names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and appointment notes. NO CLIENT HISTORY AT ALL! I had over 1000 client names and I had no idea when they were in last, how often they came in, what services they booked. Customer service was not much help as this point since client history simply isn't something that they transfer as part of client data so not much they could do. I hope they add this feature in the future since it's really the only negative (although a pretty big one for me). I was able to send an email blast to the clients who had provided an email address but that still left a LOT of people who still needed to be identified as current clients and notified of my move. The process was far more labor intensive than it ever should have been and the length of time it took definitely cost me time and money.

DaySmart Salon

Cost, features, flexibility.
Sarry

Give it a go

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

I just wish there was a little more to Vagaro when it comes to business essentials. It is really important for owners to track their numbers without having to do extra work and I just wish there was more there. I also wish that texting was a part of the program seeing as how contactless is the way to go but to charge an arm and a leg is a bit much. I get that new ideas are coming up and the actual subscription isn't expensive, but don't up-charge us because technology changes and you see it as a way to get money from us. I also wish there was an option for split payments of more than one credit card. I wish that they did NOT charge a fee for us to accept credit card tips. A few ideas and ways to help.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use and it allows us to check our schedules anytime

Cons

There are always pros and cons, for me sometimes it's the reliability that bothers me. Sometimes appointments will not show and clients get a confirmation which is frustrating. I also don't like the way the company handles its credit card processing especially during covid, it would be nice not to have to pay an extra free when it comes to storing cards in the system. I also didn’t like how little resources there are for reports or how little the software offers you a boost when you pay for a service to "get noticed" otherewise everything is pretty standard.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for your review, if you have any ideas about how we can improve the software you can share them at feedback.vagaro.com

Joanne

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not my experience with other programs, although it's not something I used it would be helpful for tracking clients paying with Medical Flex Plans. NOTES: I like this section it's comprehensive to different professions. The medical note section is helpful for massage therapists and other medically oriented professions. I especially like the POP UP notes. Very helpful when you have special needs clients. Also helpful for an aging (post menopausal) memory (LOL, some may not understand this importance). PERSONAL TASK: This is a great option that allows you to block off chunks of time. It also allows you to choose reasons for the block, sick, personal time etc. Especially nice when tracking you personal down time. All in all it's a well thought out program. Whenever I've needed help the CHAT feature and the customer service representatives have been very helpful in solving my issues. Generally you don't have to wait long for help. That's especially helpful as every self-employed persons time is valuable.

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was to block out all my time slots with the Personal Task feature. Clients eventually end up calling me, which is what I want. I sent notifications, but you know how that goes. The other option I think would be helpful that isn't available is the option to choose different colors for the PERSONAL TASK blocks. I'm a visual, color oriented person, right now the only option for Personal Task is brown. I like to be able to assign or have assigned colors associated with the different block options, like green for "sick time", blue for "meeting" etc. Lastly I believe this program leads the on line booker to believe it's more of a salon oriented environment. I know for a fact some more medically oriented massage therapists have shied away from using it for that reason, because I've recommended it and received this feedback. I think the developers maybe doing themselves a disservice in this regard. The program is very comprehensive for medically oriented massage therapists, chiropractors, craniosacral therapists, reiki masters and like professions.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Jennifer

Ok for single operator. Not effective for bigger salon.

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

Their customer-service department seems to be filled with condescending 20 somethings who enjoy attempting to make users feel inadequate. The last 3 times I've had to call-in and ask a question or have voice a concern about the product, I've been spoken down to by someone half my age.

Pros

The calendar is easy and self explanatory. It seems easy to use Even for people with no computer experience . If you're still using pencil and paper , this is way better than that . Probably a great product for both renters. Clients like notification system.

Cons

If you've used any other salon softwares that are in a high performance category as far as reporting and/or user experience this will not suit your needs . It is very rudimentary in its performance . It does not allow for any customization in reports or in applications .
Many features are archaic and need updating. The feature to logout users after a certain amount of time can't recognize the difference between idle and not idle so it will log you out and lose your work in the middle of a session . The "marketing" section is mediocre at best . IF you've already been running a computerized operation for 5 yrs or more, you will find the software completely inefficient . It does not save your work if you're in the middle of procedures when it logs out . It cannot tell the difference between tasks in progress and idleness . If you leave the program wide-open and it doesn't log anybody out automatically, then your separate users have no recognition within the system, Unless they individually and manually log themselves in-and-out every time . SO MANY SILLY TIME WASTING things that MUST be done manually every session. Yuck.

Karen Cecilia
  • Industry: Human Resources

Do not use Vagaro if you run a Nail Salon

Reviewed on 05/09/2023

Not the greatest. As a paying customer and owner I shouldn't have restrictions or have roadblocks because vagaro is not set up for nail salons but yet advertises that it is. The system is not convenient to use in many different situations. The solutions are very inconvenient, pointless, problematic or no solution at all. Some solutions create other issues in the system. Its honestly poorly set up. Creating all these steps to find information or make changes is unnecessary and it even makes it difficult for new receptionist to learn the system. Ive also experienced agents not being available for days in a row. The system has many glitches and runs very slow. For how expensive the printer cost, Im constantly dealing with it disconnecting and their support team help set up to the wifi to prevent this issue but still does it. I have not used Vagaro for a very long time and the fact that MANY problems came up with the setup and solutions to problems creates more problems or restrictions in the software is terrible. As a business owner, I don't need more headaches. Talking with other salon owners, they have also experienced the same or similar problems with vagaro and transition over to other softwares. I am now in the process of switching. Can't say Vagaro is a great system for salons.

Pros

Pos system works well. Fees are not to bad.

Cons

I would say the whole setup is not good for a nail salon business or even set up in a convenient manner. Theres so many steps you have to do in situations just to resolve one simple problem. Ive had more bad experiences than good. Ive experienced not being able to do price adjustments at checkout even as the owner I have no access to make changes. This is problematic in nail salons since it's common for clients to make changes in their services or didn't know how to book properly online to begin with. By taking deposits, it locks the prices where you can not make changes without doing inconvenient steps beforehand. Cant simply edit or delete things without the deposit getting lost or again completely steps beforehand. Clients tend to no call/no show and block credit cards so deposits are necessary but that causes restrictions. Deposits don't show on the receipts at final checkout. Not all clients want to get emails so I have to do all these steps to find the DATE the client booked THAT appointment just to to track down the deposit. Theres no way to SIMPLY make adjustments or changes on Vagaro without having to do unnecessary steps where now we have a line of clients waiting. Ive bought their printer and the printer will disconnect or shut off at random times of the day. Every solution given to fix or make better of a problem just created different problems or restrictions. Clients constantly gets booted off when making appointments online. The list goes on.....

Response from Vagaro

Hi Karen, we have been trying to reach you to continue troubleshooting your printer. Please respond to the most recent email to set a time for a phone call. We want to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible, we need to know what time works for you for a phone call.