Service Fusion

Easy. Powerful. Mobile. Field service management software.

4.2/5

S.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Fantastic Software and Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 17/02/2017

We used Service Fusion for 1 month in a "test" environment. We liked it very much, and decided to move forward. Now, we have been using it in production for 1 week, and it has greatly streamlined our processes. Our office staff loves the intuitive user interface, along with the automated notifications that can be configured when field staff is dispatched to our customers, and as the job progresses (dispatched, on site, invoiced, etc).

The work of our field staff has also been simplified by going "paperless". The mobile app they use has all the information they need at their fingertips. Customers can sign for their work and receive e-mails at job completion with invoices if desired.

On aspect of Service Fusion that we really appreciate is that it is highly configurable. As a small example, if you don't want notifications to go to your customers, you don't need to send them. If you only want certain ones, during certain statuses of the job, you can configure that. We appreciate how the developers have designed it in such a way to be flexible and not force a company to work a certain way. For example, the ability to add custom fields for various entities (customers, jobs, equipment, etc) shows that they understand each company may have specific needs for information tracking that are not included the software's built-in fields. Giving customers this flexibility makes the software highly configurable to our needs.

Finally, our experience with Service Fusion's Support staff has been phenomenal. We've had to call in several times during our transition from our previous software for various things. Each time, we were able to work with their knowledgeable support staff who've spent the necessary time with us on the phone to solve our problems. In addition, we sent in a request for a minor enhancement to a report that would have really helped us. To our surprise, they followed up very quickly and made the enhancement we requested. Typically, our experience with software vendors is that we don't see such quick turnaround to implement enhancements. But our experience with Service Fusion is that they are very proactive and listen to their customer needs.

Based on our experience so far, not only with Service Fusion's customer support, but also with finding their software highly functional and easy to use, we would not hesitate to recommend Service Fusion for service companies like ours.

Pros

Highly configurable, easy to use, intuitive user interface.

Cons

Would like to see more customizable reporting, but what is provided out of the box is sufficient

Leif
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fabulous and versatile product... EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Tremendous consolidation and money-saving via systems and especially efficiency and automation capabilities!

Pros

We are a full-service cleaning and restoration contractor in WA State, and have had a heck of a time finding software that works well in all divisions of our business. There are many cleaning software platforms and a few restoration-specific programs, but we've been looking for YEARS for software that will allow us to manage both, including re-construction.

Intuitive platform, versatility, list and workflow creation including the ability to customize and require that personnel gather specific information, GPS, payroll and credit card processing integration (allowed us to kill separate systems/charges for all 3 of those elsewhere!), good and simple reporting features and the sheer ability to book simply daily/one-off jobs, as well as full-blown project management!

Interpersonally, Max Paltsev (SF CEO) makes himself totally available and is extremely hands-on! SF is highly capable and is developed in-house (vs. farmed-out over seas), which is a big deal to us! I brought up an issue just yesterday regarding a specific functionality item that is pivotal to our business. My account rep took the issue right to Max and I received a reply today that their development team is creating a code-module as we speak and it will be re-coded by week's-end. SERIOUSLY!?... WHO DOES THAT? Incredible.

It doesn't get any better than this. My goal is to master this system's functionality and I find things every day that are better than I even imagined. We are now a lifetime client!

Cons

Very few. Calendar is a bit dated and needs a little help in relation to what SF calls DISPATCH capabilities... BUT this is a primary focus on their

Ken

Not reliable Servers are constantly down , very overpriced for the reliability

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

The problem is reliability of their servers. At least several times a week they go down anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours to fix. You try running a service company when your techs cant go to the next job because the server is down. I am assured once a week that there server issues are resolved and they are not. I have been using this software for over 2 years, 6 month ago they did something because they are no longer reliable. I am paying top $ for the software . Kickserve was much more reliable and much less expensive.

Pros

As a dispatch software it does a good job

Cons

When it is working it is good , the problem in the last 6 months the server constantly goes down crippling my business

Response from Service Fusion

Ken, we understand our software's mission-critical nature and take these issues extremely seriously. I can assure you that our engineering teams are working to reduce and eliminate the risk of any similar events occurring in the future. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Shawna

Easy to use, and Optimal Customer Service

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

I just started using Service fusion 8 months ago, at first I was scared I would mess up the whole process of customers and scheduling my technicians. But Service Fusion has proven over and over again their product is easy to use, implement, and there really isn't much that you can't "undo" if you make a mistake. If I can't figure out how to do something all I have to do is contact customer service and they walk me through step by step!

Pros

The easy of use for this product is amazing! If I think there might be a better way to do a task, I can always reach out to Customer care and they are fabulous in trouble shooting my ideas.

Cons

The only drawback is when there are more than on tech on a job, the real time data is not available on the calendar home page.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

The ease of use and the cost

Response from Service Fusion

Your feedback is valued! Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

Rick

Raving Fan

Reviewed on 21/02/2023

The customer service is outstanding. They are quick to walk me through to solutions.

Pros

It is a wonderful platform. This is my third platform from similar companies. All of the others have invoicing, calendar, etc. ServiceFusion is special. I use the VOIP phone feature, the data in Reports, accounting tab, and all the color coded dashboards. It is a great, great platform to run a business. If a prospect wants to just keep track of his jobs, there are less expensive options. But if a prospect wants to run a business, SF is a great solution.

Cons

It was very difficult to launch SF. The great thing about SF is it is highly customizable. The bad thing is that it is very customizable. It was very hard to get all the communication, forms, colors, etc set-up. Housecall took 1/10 the time to set-up. But now that it is set-up, I love, love SF.

Response from Service Fusion

Your raving review is much appreciated! Thank you for your feedback.

Trinda

SERVICE FUSION IS AWESOME!

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

The benefits that we have received, since using Service Fusion, are countless! Just a few examples include the following: combining 10+ databases into one, ease of reoccurring billings, having one central go-to place for everything, having the ability to see exactly where our technicians are, pulling reports, increased tracking capabilities, emailing our invoices to our customers, receiving payment in the field and the list could go on for days. Their Support Team as a whole is fantastic. One of the guys from the Support Team made certain that the implementation of Service Fusion to our team went as smooth as possible! -You can't get the kind of support I received, just anywhere. Above and Beyond!

Pros

This software has been fantastic for our Heating & Cooling company! It has achieved the goal of combining 10+ databases that we used to use on a regular basis, in to this one program! The program is relatively easy to use, along with their field worker app. At the beginning I was worried about the variety in ages, of our users, ranging from 14 years old to 69 years old, they all have done excellent in using Service Fusion due to the simplicity and ease of the program! Over the past several months Service Fusion has came out with enhancements, which makes tasks easier for us.

Cons

There is the occasional idea that comes to mind, that I would change about this software. However, I think of anything specific right now.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery

Easy Plug and Play Service Management Tool

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

Service Fusion has been a blessing; previously we were manually routing our individual field service technicians to their appointments by phone as they came in, and following up with an email to provide the address. Again, although I would like to see some updates to the mobility of scanning and inventory management, overall this is a strong application.

Pros

This app is an all-inclusive solution for anyone conducting field service work at customer locations! We are an industrial mechanic service, that has built our business around specialized in-field repair servicing. Service Fusion is a one-stop shop for appointment information; it features a GPS module to make for easy appointment transportation. In addition, they offer customizations within their template for appointments which allows us to include industry-specific task items and buttons.

Cons

The biggest issue we run into is with inventory management. Although they have a great inventory management module, that has a lot of expandability and allows for barcode scanning, the scanner is restricted to operating only when attached to a laptop... You can't attach it to a tablet or mobile device which makes it very cumbersome and not as intuitive with the mobile application as you would hope. The platform is built off the mobility via the app, so to not allow the scanning and inventory management to function off of that is very counter-intuitive in my opinion.

Geovanni

This changed my LIFE

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

I just love this software. Everything has been so easy to use and so easy to create new jobs.

Pros

User friendly interface! I really love how it communicates with clients when tech changes his status.

Cons

Limitations on phone app. I really wish the interface on the App had more functionality and more customizable settings.

Rev.io

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

PRICING was more affordable.
Lucan

Cloud based solution for work orders and maintenance

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

It allows us to keep track of hundreds of service calls a day and allows our technicians to keep track of their times and call history.

Pros

The Service Fusion support team is very responsive and fairly quick to remedy problems and add new features. The app allows us to send jobs and work order requests to technicians in the field. The app also allows technicians and office staff to update notes and information in real-time. It offers everything needed to maintain a small to medium sized service company.

Cons

Updates to the platform are often rolled out with little to no warning. The platform is very stable, however, when it does go down, you are basically dead in the water until it's back up and running. They have back up servers for down time, but they operate at a much slower speed, impacting production during those rare instances.

Gloria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

easy to use, solid software, but some basic functions are missing or not working

Reviewed on 08/07/2018

Pros

We are a HVAC company and have been using Service Fusion daily for lead dispatching, quote, job dispatching. It is a solid software.

Cons

However, there is on basic functions not working. When filed worker add a new service address to an exiting customer in their mobile app, the address is not searchable anymore. This caused big problem for us, and I have been calling their customer support team many times. Everyone was polite , but my problems not solved. I suggested if they couldn't fix it in there application logic, they can create a simple SQL script to run in the backend database every night, to copy all new address to customer's profile. I couldn't see any reason why this is not doable.

I am writing a review here, hoping some one from higher level of the company can hear their customer's pain and solve the problem for me.

Jake
  • Industry: Accounting

Software does not SYNC to quickbooks, it PUSHES data to quickbooks. No return data.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

The sales process was great, no surprise there. Maybe give some of that commission to the devs so you guys can catch up with everyone else.

Pros

They have the right idea and it's close to being a good software.

Cons

They claim (falsely) that they "sync" with QB. In reality, they only push data to quickbooks.

In our situation, we deposit checks from clients and that data is pulled automatically in QB. Service Fusion does not record the payment automatically so we must go in and apply the payment to the invoice in question.

When we return to QB, there is a double transaction from their high-tech "syncing" that cannot be removed. This results in a vastly inaccurate balance in QB.

If you call them for assistance, they basically tell you to stop syncing to QB.

So in conclusion, you can track either track finances with QB or service fusion but never both. You'll either have outstanding invoices in SF (which will email your customers telling them they're past due) or you can have totally screwed math in QB and never push invoices there.

This is not a system - more like a band-aid.

Chris

Mislead reps, they take your money and run

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

Horrible customer service!!

Horrible customer service!!

Pros

Lots of customization, ease of mobile device.

Cons

Lied to by sales rep, and implementation team about what system can do. Found that no PO's can be generated through mobile device. GPS system is beyond horrible. No tracking, just real time tracking. Most of time it never updates so fleet is always idling instead of driving. No custom forms. Customer service is the worst. No follow up, no corrections, no help getting live but will take your money

FieldEdge, BuildOps, Simpro and Total Office Manager

Reasons for Choosing Service Fusion

Thought it would be a better program. Wow I was wrong. Reopened Mhelpdesk as we shopped around again. Starting with Service Titan in March 2022

mHelpDesk

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

It was supposed to generate PO's on mobile, have a good GPS, service call A.I., A-Z program. Was mislead by representative
Heidi
  • Industry: Consumer Services

It cannot do all things so be sure it is right for your business

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Very nice people that are willing to work with you weekly to train you and your team on the system free of charge so that is amazing.

Pros

Very mobile and user friendly. I liked the ease and training they offered on the app and website. They were able to compile all my client info and add it into the system which was very helpful.

Cons

Didn't work well for multiple visits scheduled throughout the day and week (for pet sitting). It sends an invoice at each visit so works well for businesses that visit less frequently like AC repair, cleaning service, etc. The timer won't go after midnight so it doesn't work for night shifts either.

Crysten

Great for small HVAC companies

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Overall our experience with Service Fusion has been great. It's a tool that will do well for any small service company. I would love to see Service Fusion step up their partnership with larger organizations like ACCA and do more with their on boarding process. We were left to figuring out how to apply the tool to our own processes and how to get the tool to do things we wanted it to do for us. Service Fusion was there for us when we have questions, but a better on boarding process with a consultant to help us set up would have saved Service Fusion teams from less questions down the road and helped us ensure we're using the tool/setting up our own methods properly in the first place. I would still recommend Service Fusion to any small business like ours.

Pros

It's allowed our small business to get more connected with customers and create a better customer database along with new payment portals not available to us before. We are still learning the tool but we've already saved time regarding payroll and getting critical data in the hands of our Technicians when they are out in the field. Connecting the field to the office support team has been critical in ensuring we're providing our best selves to the end customer.

The Service Fusion team has been incredible! They are super supportive and answer any questions we have on any given day within minutes. They have helpful videos and go the extra mile to help in every aspect. Great Team!

Cons

While there are some incredible features that have helped us, there are some limitations and clunkiness that needs to be ironed out. The dispatching views are great but limited to size of screen - having to reduce the overall screen to see our entire team doesn't give us a view of the bigger picture. The phone app doesn't allow this larger picture of schedules when we're out of the office, however the dispatch does connect to Google Calendar to get it but still makes it so we're jumping through multiple clicks to get answers to customers on our availability when we're in the field.

Reporting on schedules and tracking schedules is somewhat limited. There is no good way to handle tracking paid time off (which we offer to our employees) so we are left to creating our own work arounds to track this. We run into our teams forgetting to track their time and needing to update their time on the back end - there are ways to get it updated, but it's clunky - multiple clicks through multiple areas isn't always transparent on method.

We have clients with multiple properties and while the tool supports this model, we would love for it to track the equipment to each property so we're not having to manually look this information up. For us being in HVAC, we need a way to track the size of the air filter for a few of our customers that own hundreds/thousands of properties. Being able to tie equipment to property would be huge.

Lucinda
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I use Service Fusion to run my cleaning company with 12 employees. Scheduling/client mgmt is a...

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Ease of scheduling, wonderful client management tool, great employee-side app. Helps me:

Schedule...

Schedule quickly
Track time in/out

Pros

I investigated all the big field service software something (some cleaning industry specific some not), and I tried a number of them but Service Fusion hands down won the race.

Client and scheduling management is a dream. The ease and simplicity of creating and managing schedules both recurring clients and single cleanings is so wonderfully well designed. My office manager can manage the schedule of 125+ recurring clients (plus 15-20 one time cleanings each month) for 12 cleaners from the office or home on work laptop.

The reporting capabilities and exporting of reports makes payroll easy.

Finally, the employee-side app is a fully functional app that shows the schedule, acts as gps, acts as time clock, and tons of details to help them.

Cons

I hate it when people cop out and say There's nothing I dislike but.....there's ALMOST nothing I dislike:-)

1) I love the grid layout of the schedule page when viewing with a computer, but with mobile phone the view is different. It's fine for our employees, but for me or the office manager it's difficult to view everyone's schedule for the future.

2) I wish they had a referral or affiliate program

Mario

One of the better players in their field.

Reviewed on 20/08/2017

Pros

It is easy to use, fairly reliable, and it handles purchase orders, multiple warehouses for inventory, ability to schedule multiple technicians to a job, sub customer. Tech support is easy to get to.

Cons

We have some customers that prefer to have invoices faxed to them, and we use myfax for our provider. It appeared that there was a way to integrate with that service, however, when we contacted tech support they informed that it may be available in the future. Not sure why they have a non-functioning feature. The inventory system is at best mediocre. Payments recorded in Quickbooks do not synch back to SF. Tech support, while helpful most of the time are stand-offish when a feature does not work as expected. Overall, they are far better than a few other vendors we have tried, but there are a lot of improvements to be made yet.

Response from Service Fusion

Hi Mario,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and provide us with your candid feedback! Greatly appreciated.

I just emailed you a solution for the eFax setup. My guess is that since it's not a common request the person you spoke with was not sure how to set it up. I apologize.

Would love to hear more specifics about the inventory management piece not being up to par. I think we have quite a bit of functionality covered (e.g. multiple warehouses, serialization, reallocation, POs, inventory orders, etc.), but again, would definitely love to hear a more detailed feedback and figure out how to improve.

Thanks again for the feedback and your continued support!

-Max

Paul

Managing Member

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Up until December 2022 and January 2023 it was a 5 star experience. If you plan to process credit card transactions, there is a possibility that you may be dissatisfied with that part of the platform. We are currently working through a solution or could consider finding another platform.

Pros

The program platform is very good to excellent for the HVAC industry, especially when we compared the platform more than 2 years ago to other platforms.

Cons

At the end of the 2022 fiscal year, Service Fusion changed its gateway process for credit card transactions and we are no longer allowed to use the credit card processing company we had used for several years. The research being asked by what is appears to be a 3rd party vendor is very comprehensive. Because we did not provide information, they held up an $8,000 transaction and shared they would not process payment to us either for 90+ days or until we provide information.

Payam
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Promises of features... never came true & customer service down the drain!

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Started well but now from scale of 1 to 10 they get ZERO.

Started well but now from scale of 1 to 10 they get ZERO.

Pros

Pros would have been the ease of managing customers in the field with management and staff and seeing all customers in an easy map layout! However, many of these features that were Supposed to be launched with their upgrade, was promised to us as early as March to April of 2020 and they NEVER came true!

Cons

Customer service has become non existent! Calling many times with no one returning calls. Getting hold of people and requesting to speak with supervisors and 2 weeks passes with No call backs!
Features for a small field team are not very practical ans user friendly specially in the field.
Has lots of bells and whistles that are not rrally used much and many features that were supposed to be launched to make the app more practical, never happened. We did really put lots of effort and tried to use this for on and off over a year, but it has been a total disappointment. Our industry is fire protecrion services. Will Not recommend this.

Justin

Field management software

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

The overall experience is great. I dont have complaints really.

The overall experience is great. I dont have complaints really.

Pros

The thing I like best about Service Fusion is that it is very easy to understand and use. They have extensive videos about features. We find ourselves using it for more and more things and it is replacing more and more services we contract elsewhere.
They are very aggressive in their improvements and are often coming out with updates and new features every month.

Cons

As with all service platforms and mobile work order software. Nothing seems to do everything that is needed. I wish they had a few different features. Like I said they are always working on new features.

Kim

Very good value

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Highly positive so far

Highly positive so far

Pros

Service Fusion has enabled to us to consolidate or integrate nearly all platforms previously used and we appreciate the ongoing efforts to improve functionality

Cons

We would like to see improvements made to inventory management. We like what's been built so far, but some type of reporting or dashboard that would provide a min/max report would be a life changer!

Response from Service Fusion

Kim, we are so glad you are enjoying your experience with Service Fusion! We will be sure to forward your recommendation for inventory management improvements to the product department.

Erik

Great software with even better support!

Reviewed on 03/04/2017

Our garage door company was looking to digitize our work orders and streamline the invoicing process from our techs in the field back our our personnel in the office. Service Fusion definitely fits the bill - with tons of features and integration with Quickbooks. We do things differently than most businesses as well, so the level of customization Service Fusion has, has really help us make this a great fit. Some of the features we do not use at this time, but they have given us something to look at for the future in terms of running and tracking marketing campaigns, setting up customer portals, etc. Otherwise, we now run our day-to-day out of this platform and it makes tracking our jobs, billing them, and keeping up with our workers much, much easier, and nothing slips through the cracks.

To be honest, the pricing seemed too good to be true compared to their competitors, as well as no additional fee for support - I went into this thinking Tech Support would be lacking - DEFINITELY NOT THE CASE. This is hands down the best support I have received on any purchase I have made. There is no limit to them helping you, and they are super friendly and accommodating. On top of it all, when we asked for things not in the software, they went above and beyond to work with developers to see if it was possible to iterate the software to help us further, and they have been just more than helpful in onboarding and helping us to understand everything about the software. Couldn't be happier!

Pros

Customization, easy of use, customer support.

Cons

I would like to be able to process payments through here without using one of your vendors.

Andy
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Good Product, Great People, Excellent for your Business!

Reviewed on 06/09/2016

I have been using this product for close to a year now. Max and Aramis were extremely helpful with our conversion to using this product. The live tutorials, additional references, and tech support made learning the product quick and easy. The tech support with this company is second to none. In my experience they have continually worked to make their product better every chance they get. This is rare and is what prompted me to give them a review. My company is able to use this product for our construction/renovation projects, repair technicians, and the routes we have that are on routine maintenance. Templates, inventory management, and custom fields have made the difference from other software that we originally were considering. Hope to see route optimization in the future.

Pros

Ease of scheduling customers. Product pics in the app help our employees find the products they are invoicing quicker. Tech support staff are outstanding and will find an answer if they don't already know it.

Cons

Wish this software had route optimization since that is what all service based businesses need

Tonya

concho valley door

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

it is ok, but honestly, we have found numerous things that take way to long to do and there is too many clicks to get things done. Not a time saver compared to our old software.

Pros

easy to schedule and reschedule customers

Cons

the inventory module is almost worthless. It is way to difficult to see what you have on hand and what you have sold. I have to look at what's on hand, look at inventory management to see if there is a PO made (and when you find that, you can't see how many are on each PO. You have to open each one) then you have to run another report to see if you have any sold. Way to many steps to figure out what you have!!!Also - it really doesn't integrate with Quick Books all that well. The inventory module doesn't match on hand quantities and the part numbers are not in Quick Books anywhere, so you have to update each part with the part number

Response from Service Fusion

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Service Fusion is focused on bringing innovation and more capabilities to the platform this year and beyond.

Samuel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We started using Service Fusion 6 months ago and we love it.

Reviewed on 04/01/2018

We speed up the job and coustomer management.

We speed up the job and coustomer management.

Pros

what we like the most is how fast their customer service is to respond to our questions, also they paid attention to our suggestions.
They keep adding and improving features to the system.
Job management is great.
Very good functionality for Scheduling and Dispatching.
And invoicing is good too.

Cons

The things that we would prefer that they improve we already discussed with them. They fixed two big things for us, one was the way that the pictures of the first job repeat every recurring job and the other one was on the billing before the job was close.
The only thing that we still want and probably they will work on that too is the ability to add the balance of previous invoices to the new invoice.

James
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Software for my business

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

Real time service assistance when needed. App works great for technicians in the field. No complaints

Pros

Easy process for scheduling, billing and communication to customers. Automated call to customer prior to arrival is a plus.

Cons

Software works Great for our company. No cons on our end

Response from Service Fusion

Thanks, James! We're thrilled that you are satisfied with Service Fusion. Your feedback is much appreciated.