Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

4.0/5
4.2/5
4.1/5
3.8/5

664 Reviews for UK Users

Diane R.

Our experience with Day force has been great from Implementation on. We never felt alone.

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Before Dayfore, we were using three different systems. One for payroll, one for time and attendance, and another for HR. We had to import data from one system to another so there was the potential of data dropping off. We were able to combine three systems into one with Dayforce. Since Ceridian uses one solution, once an employee is hired they are visible in all parts of the system immediately. No more waiting for overnight updates. Ceridian cut my payroll processing time by 40%, which allows me more time to audit my work. There are some great audit reports built into the system, which I run every payroll. They point to problems with can be corrected before we finalize for the week. The ability to run wage and tax registers, and W2's anytime of the year, allows me to fix any potential problems, which in turn make year end a breeze. My employees now are able to manage some of their own data, which alleviates the burden off HR and Payroll and allows the employee to update their records when it is convenient for them.

Pros

I love that it is one solution. No more imports, no more worries about data dropping off. The test portal allows us to set up new deductions and earnings, and test them before putting them into production. The future dating feature works really well. It allows us to enter increase early and test them in a future payroll to see how the employees pay check will look, and gives us more time to audit our changes thus relieving some of the stress that comes with year end. The education portal is a big plus. It allows us to learn at our own pace, and to schedule that classes that are helpful for each administrative role.

Kelli M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Managing your own settings means lots of potential for success and mess

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

Honestly, I am pretty neutral at this point. For each thing that has changed for the positive, there is something else that has changed for the negative. I am still optimistic this will work out for the better in the long run but as in my previous comment, implementation has been extremely difficult and we are in a severe situation with our clients and investors on the 401K funding situation.

Pros

-Ability to control the majority of your settings
-Real time gross to net calculations
-Great payroll auditing tools
-Many standard reports and ability to tweak them to your needs
-Auto setup of a lot of policy assignments based on data management criteria - eliminates human error

Cons

THE IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS - We went through at least 3 weeks worth of work to gather all our settings, decide on how we would like it built, did research on the best way to put our data in the system, even received guidance from one of their recommended consultant groups, THEN went through 16 hours of Discovery calls to talk through how we wanted the system setup. In the end though, all the job codes and mapping we requested at implementation went out the window and they setup the system based on the data from our old provider, which was a mess and part of the reason we moved in the first place.

We are now a year into this project and 6 months post-live and are STILL trying to cleanup the mess caused during implementation. My time and my team's time is dominated by this cleanup process.

Lastly - we are currently have a major struggle with funding our 401K. Apparently, 401K funding is currently only done via check and NOT ACH. We have 3000+ team members and 90+ locations - we cannot have that many 401K checks being cut bi-weekly. In order to setup as an automatic feed, there would have to be a separate file feed for each location, based on software limitations - which means 90+ file feeds - all associated with a cost to build and to maintain should there be a change required.

I truly believe (and hope) that once it's all cleaned up and all settings are the way we need them to be - we will be in a much better place but this process has been extremely difficult.

ADP Workforce Now and UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM

We are growing rapidly and we outgrew the functionality of our previous company. There were many things we had to do manually should now automatic in Ceridian - once its setup properly. Also, inconsistencies of setup in the previous system caused issues in reporting.

Netchex

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM

The structure of team members have ONE record that is references by all the modules as opposed to multiple databases/records throughout the modules.
Stefanie J.

Payroll and scheduling needs all under one roof

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Dayforce has really trained me into using numbers to schedule employees so that I am accurately staffing and not wasting money overpayment

Pros

I liked this software because of how accurate it keeps the time of each employee and how I can incorporate these numbers into my scheduling so that I am not understaffed or over budget.

Cons

I really believe there are quite a few feature on this software that are completely redundant and repetitive.

Helen D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Dayforce - Implementation Beware

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Bumpy at best. Some days I actually say I miss ADP.

Pros

I like the 'one' database aspect the best.

Cons

Implementation was very lacking. Nearly a disaster. I am over 2 years in and still have not been able to get everything we originally intended to do up and running.

Paylocity and UKG Ready

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM

ADP was unable to accommodate some things we needed and they were not flexible to find other ways to help us.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM

Recruiting module was most robust (the one module we do NOT have running and will probably abandon at this point). We also liked the GL feature - which does work well and was implemented by the one rockstar of our implementation team.
Samuel K.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Phenomenal Human Resources Software, Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

My overall experience with Dayforce HCM has been great. It took me only a couple of minutes to set up my payroll administration preferences, my benefit preferences, as well as several other aspects of the on-boarding experience which employers typically ask of their new employees. I have not experienced any issues thus far in using Dayforce HCM, and I have been using it for quite a while now.

Pros

There are multiple things that I enjoy about Dayforce HCM, some of which include the ability to simply and efficiently administer payroll information such that employees would be able to enter their personal bank account information, how they would like their pay distributed among multiple bank accounts, if applicable. I also very much like the simplicity of the user interface when dealing with benefit administration, which can get very confusing with other HR softwares, but not with Dayforce HCM. Keeping tracking of PTO is also very streamlined, as the amount of PTO available increases, or decreases, in real time. Paystubs are easily accessible, also. Lastly, customer service, whenever needed, is always happy to help and is always available to answer the call in a just a few minutes. Highly recommended.

Cons

The only possible aspect that I can point out as a negative when it comes to Dayforce HCM is its pricing brackets. Compared to other HR services, the price is a bit more expensive, which may become an obstacle for some, but when considering the value of the service you would be getting, I feel it is well worth it. Outside of the potential pricing barrier, I honestly have nothing else to point out as a negative, as the service does everything it promises to be able to do, and efficiently.

Decent HR Software Program That Gets the Job Done

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Dayforce HCM is our main source for anything employee-related and it has been a consistent and useful resource for us. It has the information we need and when we need it, and we can trust and depend on them to provide the functionalities we require. Although not as UI/UX friendly as other software platforms such as Workday, it is a relatively cheap platform that allows employees to do what they need to do.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a good HR software program in that it is a cloud-based platform for workforce management and other essential things such as payroll, benefits, and document management. It essentially gets the job done for the common employee and offers enough functionality to be a useful platform.

Cons

The overall aesthetic feel and functionality wasn't as smooth and intuitive as the previous HR software our company used, which was Workday. It's not a dealbreaker but it goes a long way to empower the user to feel like they understand and to a large degree have a comfortable control of the app in the first few experiences.

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM

Costs were getting too large for our growing company. We received a cheaper quote from Dayforce.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM

Mainly cost savings. The cost to benefit ratio of saving money to have a less aesthetic and intuitive HR software favored keeping the existing software which everyone was accustomed to already.

Response from Ceridian

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback!

Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience.

Very best,

Michael

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Dayforce HCM Software

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

So far going smoothly but some disconnect with the implementation consultant.

Pros

It has a lot of features that will keep all employees and managers happy throughout the use.

Cons

Lot of at times unclear connecting steps and very long process.

UKG Pro and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM

Putting everything on one platform and report reviews.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM

Just had the best fit overall

Great for scheduling and payroll

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Pros

Dayforce is a great way to keep track of employees’ time worked, track vacation and sick time, track time spent on specific billable projects, and electronically administer pay stubs and tax forms.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve with Dayforce, especially from the management side, but the software has made some big improvements there in recent years.

Maizy M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Good Attendance Tracker

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

Overall, Dayforce is a good tool that does its job well. It's more simplistic them complicated, and I find that refreshing when compared to some of the other software I use.

Pros

My workplace uses Dayforce as our attendance tracker. We can easily login and submit the time/days we want off, and the workflow will automatically move to our manager who can approve the time. It's a relatively easy tool to use, and makes recording a breeze as it holds a record of available time and time taken over the year. There are other features, such as viewing my earning, and various payment forms. It's a nice tool.

Cons

One disappointment is the calendar feature. The default view shows the calendar with Saturday first, rather than Sunday. I rarely see it like this anywhere in America, so it's been a cause of mistakes and confusion for me and my co-workers.

Sandy K.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

User-friendly, for the most part

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

Pros

The benefits open enrollment feature is easy to use, as is reviewing pay stubs and submitting tax forms. These are the features most of our employees use the most.

Cons

The time clock/scheduling interface is small and not as intuitive as some of the other interfaces.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Not userfriendly but to discover

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Overall, it was painful at moments (because of all the issues) but I'm happy I only had one centralized system to work with.

Pros

I worked with Dayforce from Ceridian for over 2 years. It was difficult to implement it but what is good with this system is how EVERYTHING is centralized, employee information, payroll, timesheet, time off request, onboarding, etc. This is GREAT, it saves time. They do have FEW but VERY competent technical support specialist that we can rely on but unfortunately, not all of them are able to support you properly.

Cons

The problems with Dayforce are that EVERYTIME you want to do a modification (vacation calculation per example) it cost you money. Every time they do a modification based on what you asked, it will impact something else (since everything is centralized) and most of the time, their customer support team are not specialized enough to know what changes impacts what. It is VERY painful working with their team sometimes as a problem solved creates another issue where most of the time you still need to pay extra money to solve it.

Maribeth T.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Dayforce HCM Review

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

We have been able to become more paperless with Dayforce. For the most part, payroll processes correctly each pay period. Open Enrollment saved lots of time and paper and the employees seemed to really like the process. I think as we learn to use all of the functionality of the system, we will find more benefits and cost-savings. We are just disappointed that we did not get this information/recommendations from our implementation team. And the fact that modules that should have been live and working properly at the time of implementation are still not functional has been extremely frustrating. Our HR Admins are doing more work now, than they did before implementing Dayforce , where Attendance Management is concerned.

Pros

The system has lots of flexibility and functionality - unfortunately our implementation did not go very well (we are still working on it over a year after going live) so I don't believe we are using the system to its full capacity. The user experience is really friendly. Our current employees and onboarding employees like the system.

Cons

It seems that the implementation team wants to cut you off long before the system is running as expected. It's wonderful that Ceridian is working on so many great, new, cutting-edge options but our users (PR/HRAdmins, Managers) just want the current functionality to work properly. We are still submitting lots of tickets to support on a weekly basis and we have found the quality of support to be herky-jerky. Some of the reps are really good and others seem to just want to get the case off their plate without full resolution of the issue.

Stephen S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Review of Dayforce HCM

Reviewed on 07/04/2017

Having used Dayforce HCM for over 5 years, I can honestly say that it is an incredible piece of software that is ever-expanding, and the developers are always hard at work creating more modules.

As opposed to previous systems where it required multiple file feeds internally, which would constantly update one place such as the HR record, but would not update in Payroll, Self Service, Benefits, or wouldn't update in any of them; with Dayforce however, there are no longer such data integrity issues, as it uses one database to house it all.

It also also far easier on the eyes than some previous systems, and the ad-hoc reporting along with topic builder make creating custom reports quite easy (once you get the gist of how it works - there is a learning curve if you don't take the training - but if you're savvy, it's quite robust).

The key with Dayforce is IMPLEMENTATION. If you are not diligent, clear, and thorough with the discovery stage and throughout implementation, it will haunt you down the road. Make a team, dedicate someone to nothing but testing and making sure you've got it doing what each team/department/manager/user needs it to do, just do something to make sure you are comfortable with the application and get what you need, otherwise you will spend a lot of time fixing issues with upset employees .

Ceridian has grown their teams vastly, so the support reps can be hit and miss, but if you are techy and willing to learn the system, it is far superior to the others out there, and can be very low maintenance.

Pros

One database means data is always consistent throughout modules. The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched. Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading.

Dayforce has changed HR and Payroll at our organization in a postive way!

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Pros

Once we went live on Dayforce is felt like we left the dark ages for the electronic age! No more paper times sheet which several people handled, the employee punching the time clock, the supervisor totaling hours, identifying how many at regular pay, how many at overtime 1.5, how many vacation hours, how many hours against sick time, where were they transferred, etc.

Once the supervisor wrote all of this, then someone in HR got to key this information into a "Green Screen" and the file was uploaded to a payroll system and you hoped the data would flow though without errors or dumping.

With Dayforce, the employee now requests time away in Dayforce, the supervisor either approves it or denies it, if approved the time is automatically placed on the timecard and the entitlement is deducted, both the supervisor and the employee can see the timecard each and every day and if any questions arise, they are taken care of before running payroll.

In addition, our employees no longer need to complete a form to turn into HR for changes in their information. Our employees change their own information in Dayforce for tax forms, address, email, phone numbers, emergency contact, etc.

Company issued property and training records are all housed in Dayforce. We recently implemented the recruiting and performance module. Dayforce keeps enhancing the product.

Cons

I do think Dayforce can improve upon the Recruiting module. I do realize they have an upgrade coming which does show it has upgrades in the recruiting module. I would like to see them provide the functionality to schedule interviews without Outlook without leaving Dayforce. I would also like to see them provide more standard reports for those client who must write an Affirmative Action Report. I don't feel I should be required to create my own report to pull the required data for this report.

Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR.

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros

We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record. From application to hire we only have to enter their information once. We have significantly cut down on our errors and the spreadsheets we used to keep to follow all of our processes. Our Onboarding is streamlined and professional. New hires can fill out all of their documents prior to the first day of work, so that we can maximize our first day with them. And finally Support. The Support Team is world class. I can't speak highly enough about the responsiveness, expertise and efficient way the support team works with their clients! Ceridian gets an A+ for their support.

Cons

Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

Stephen S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM is a great, single database cloud software, that is constantly adding new...

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Pros

One database means data is always consistent throughout modules.
The flexibility within the configuration is unmatched.
Beautiful appearance and very user-friendly.

Cons

The switch from SilverLight to HTML has been slow and each release has been somewhat buggy initially after upgrading when using the new HTML pieces.
Aside from that, the system is as good as your involvement and motivation to learn (especially during Implementation - be diligent and thorough in your discovery and scoping, or it will be painful when transferred to support).

Joanne K.
  • Industry: Building Materials

DayforceHCM - One Year After Implementation

Reviewed on 21/04/2017

Pros - Our previous system basically operated on a "point in time" basis; historical information was kept in hard copy in employee files. Reporting from the payroll system was difficult and in many cases required expensive custom reports to be written by the service provider. Approximately 65% of our employees do not have access to the company email account, consequently requests for vacation payments, time off requests, address changes, tax changes, bank account changes were sent to HR by the employee's manager. Employees monitor their own personal information in Dayforce such as salary, job title, etc. ; they have access to forms; managers have access to a multitude of reports to help them manage their workforce. The HR/Payroll team have the ability to provide executive reports almost instantaneously - time spent producing management reports has been significantly reduced. Company policies and agreements have been uploaded into Dayforce eliminating the need to produce hard copy documents - this includes handbooks, links to benefit websites, corporate forms (eg. Code of Conduct) which saves time and money - no hard copies required. Time spent in payroll has not reduced, however, quality has increased significantly - more time is spent in value added auditing rather than paper processing. Compliance with legislation is much easier to manage. Immeasurable ROI on employee satisfaction - we spend more time talking to our employees; Dayforce has facilitated a closer relationship between HR and employees - they feel like they are part of something big, because they can see it! HR and Payroll is no longer a mysterious machine somewhere in corporate office. The Ceridian learning tools are awesome - although we do not have all of the modules, providing access to the Ceridian University gives us opportunities to attend sessions and experience other activities that our organization may want to consider.

Con: We do not have enough time to explore/implement the many features available.

Overall Satusfaction: Dayforce provides everything we need!

Recommendation to Other Buyers - Dayforce HCM is powerful and I highly recommend it for human resource management.

Bethann D.

Expect the Unexpected

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time.

We also continue to find new ways to leverage the WFM platform to capture as much information as possible about time, labor and attendance.

If you are considering making the change to Dayforce, you can't be prepared enough. You need to understand your own policies and procedures like the back of your hand as well as have the ability to explain the same to the implementation team. They will do their best with the information you provide, but it is up to you to ensure they understand and to test everything multiple times to make sure it is what you need.

Keep in mind, the platform is highly configurable. As mentioned earlier, we have a rather complex payroll. We have six separate payrolls that combine hourly, salary, weekly, biweekly, union, non-union, etc. A little of everything. The policies for each payroll are entirely different, and both Ceridian HPL and Dayforce handle it without any problems. Here and there we have had to be creative - but it was still able to be accomplished.

I have been working in HR and payroll for 15 years and have used numerous different vendors/software over the years. None of them are 100% perfect. But Ceridian comes the closest. It is the most configurable and provides the best ad-hoc reporting tools out there. We have been able to automate many processes that used to be manual systems. This has freed up our HR staff to be more hands-on with employee onboarding, engagement, and development instead of stuck behind their desk completing transactional tasks.

Pros

It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons

The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Chris S.

Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application.

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust.

Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that allow the use of mobile devices will really allow the application to shine. Environments, where there isn't reliable network access, may prove difficult. Dayforce support staff is very responsive to customer needs and their level of support is strong.

We use Dayforce across 90% of our enterprise. We use Time & Attendance across the entire 90% and Scheduling & Task Management across 75%. As a specialty retailer in the Musical Instrument category, we sell very specific products to customers with very specific needs. That requires knowledgeable employees to be in the right place at the right time. Dayforce is key to making that happen.

Pros

- Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities
- Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices
- Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons

- Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need

Shreshthi M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Dayforce - HR and Payroll software

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

It is a good product. It is cloud based which makes is highly desirable during the pandemic. Customer support is also very helpful.

Pros

A lot of features are easy to adapt and there is less of a learning curve. The software can be used for a host of HR functions from payroll to recruitment, LMS, performance management and more.

Cons

The system has a vast number of features and one needs to rely on a consultant for customization. Advanced knowledge of software engineering is necessary while creating reports or XML forms.

Dynamics 365

Chiquitta H.

Dayforce User

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Dayforce allows our organization to house all of our employee records and performance reviews. Previously we had ADP and we had issues with retaining employee records with accurate information.

Pros

Very easy to maneuver through screens once you get the hang of what you want to see.

Cons

Terminated employees were not included in the search feature but this has recently changed and a box has been added to show those employees.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM

WE ran into alot of issues and we were needing a system that could help us sreamline our processes more efficiently.

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM

Dayforce seemed to have alot of the features that we were needing to be more efficient with our processes. We are excited to utilize the dashboard so that we can see where we can make improvements.
Khristan P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Empowering Team Members

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

Overall, we have truly benefited from partnering with Dayforce. Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, the accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. Our managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, we have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Pros

• Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program,
• Great to have accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically.
• Managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability.
• Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline.
• Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process.
• We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity,
• We have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Cons

Implementation might drive you crazy, but your team will be elated & productivity improved. It would have been helpful to know more about what was required & expected for implementation so we could have made better decisions with assigning responsibilities during the implementation process.

Randy R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Dayforce HCM great for Payroll and HRIS

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

Dayforce works great under the right circumstances, but they still have some work to do to gain a bigger market share.

Pros

Dayforce HCM (DF) is a great product for payroll, which is the company's core offering. They have incorporated other HRIS modules into DF, some of which work extremely well. Dayforce does a great job of using only one employee record for everything, so there are no internal interfaces, and all changes are made real time. The company keeps up to date on all regulatory changes, and is quick to roll out updates and fixes to the software, which are seamless because they happen in the cloud. Works great for both our US and Canadian populations.

Cons

Dayforce does not process payroll in Mexico, so we cannot use it for the sole solution in North America. The reporting on data is sometimes difficult; the tool is pretty robust, but some common-sense reports are almost impossible to build, due to the cumbersome process of linking data fields together. This is getting better, but still lacking. Support response times are usually timely, but support personnel are not always knowledgeable enough to fix the issue right away. Any extra work on the product is always billable, and never cheap. Due to the design of the product, any changes to the company's organizational structure will almost certainly result in a long, expensive project to update the product.

Jessie B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Employee-friendly self-service once implementation hills are climbed

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Pros

The ease of and accessibility of reporting and the self-service features for employees, including the always-expanding app, is wonderful. I also find the handshake between the onboarding feature and the HR to be a strong plus.

Cons

I feel like my con is less about Ceridian as a platform and more about the lack of cohesiveness offered by the support team. I feel like the value of and quality of communication and follow-through vary wildly from case to case.

Exelare and Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM

Leadership-led initiative seeking better reporting options built on a single database concept

Danna M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Leaping into the future...

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

ABC Inoac previously utilized the Ceridian HPW platform solely for payroll management. Due to personnel changes and attrition over the years, we were down to only two users who could operate within HPW. As the obvious need for change was being discussed, we became aware of the Dayforce application and could not wait to see it first hand. From day one we knew this was the solution would best fit our needs and objectives. The implementation and go-live process was fairly seamless. With a great internal team and wonderful support from the Ceridian staff, we were able to navigate many custom programming issue in order to accommodate the many policies and processes already in place. The change has been largely well received by all employees. Within a couple months we were able to stop printing paper earning statements. This was a huge leap for our folks and not without some stress but has gone very well overall. We look forward to growing into the many features the application has to offer including attendance and document management.

Pros

Fairly seamless transition from HPW to Dayforce platform. We used to utilize a separate Kronos system for timekeeping so having timekeeping and payroll all in one application now is so much easier. Our HR and support staff are able to focus on other important issues rather than spend hours on timesheets. Utilizing the benefits functionality has been a bit of a transition but has gone very well. We look forward to a totally interactive open enrollment in 2017.

Cons

Implementation team changes caused some delays during configuration which ultimately cut into our testing timeline. This was a bit of an inconvenience but thanks to a great internal team, we were able to navigate the changes without jeopardizing the go-live of 1/1/16.