Unanet A/E

Lauren J.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Clearview Software Review - Infocus

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

I am extremely happy with Clearview Infocus. They have been amazing in their customer service department and help when I need it with trouble shooting. They have gotten better about adding tutorials and training modules, and even adding in person workshops to help expand my knowledge and learn more about the software. They are always listening to their customers and adding updates to include features their clients want to see.

Pros

I like that the software is able to integrate all aspects of our business, from timesheets to expense reports, invoicing, and bill payment, etc. It is a one stop shop kind of software.

Cons

The hardest part of the software is getting it to generate the reports you want if they are not already built into the system, if you want a custom report do you do need to know some sequel background to run a report. I have also found that it is an extremely powerful tool but I am only scrapping the surface, and if I knew more information it could be even more useful. Adding custom boxes to applets to make it more specific to our business.

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Project Management software

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We have greatly enhanced and automated the project cost management using InFocus.

Pros

*Tracks project costs easily
*Many options for project set up
*Allows users to enter time and expenses from anywhere
*Electronic file attachments allowed throughout the software

Cons

*Cumbersome or lacking drill down capabilities in multiple modules
*Missing a few warning messages in critical areas such as the ability to post AP/AR to closed periods

Gregg F.

Great SAAS accounting solution for an ACEC firm

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

It's a more cost-effective option than Deltek Vision. If that's your comparison as an ACEC firm, I'd say go for it! :)

Pros

* Reasonable setup and ongoing price per seat. Monthly billing available.

* Quick and easy setup. We were online within 24 hours and had our data converted from Deltek within 7 business days.

* Great technical support via dedicated user login message board interface. Answers/response are usually taken care of in under 2 hours for non-critical/emergency issues.

* InFocus Custom Reports and Invoice Designs can be created and edited using the SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 from Microsoft.

Cons

The only real downside so far has been speed of the interface. We had this as an onsite server and response times were awesome with our own dedicated server. I would have hoped that with SaaS that the background horsepower for their servers would be a little better than what it is. Requests take approximately 4x as long to process as when we tested it as a local SQL installation. Please keep in mind that this is a "feels like" statement and not a technically measured out in milliseconds statement.

Julie T.

Clearview is for Everyone!

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

One benefit I have realized is the ability to make minor edits to Accounting entries without having to go back redo something. The flexibility of this software is unmatched.

Pros

One thing I like most about Infocus are the Gridgits on the dashboard that provide various information all in one place. I also prefer this program because of the flexibility in entering data so there is no more deleting something because you have to make a minor change. Infocus has a variety of reports that are easy to understand that provide a wide array of data. I also appreciate check processing in Infocus for Accounts Payable and Employee Reimbursables because it is very easy to use especially with the recent transaction tab. Timesheets are very easy to enter and approve in Infocus and benefits hours are easy to see for each employee.

Cons

One thing I like least is that some functionality of Infocus is not user-friendly (i.e. having to use F4 instead of Enter). I also would like to see benefit accrual more automated and payroll integration with outside software (i.e. Pensoft) made more seamless for companies that have salary plus employees.

Johana R.

Best ERP and Project Management Software for its price

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

It has all the blows a whistles SAP has to offer. For me, it was very important that InFocus had strong internal controls in order to preserve the integrity of the data. Additionally, it is very user friendly and allows for quick queries, custom reports, and third-party integration. It is a software that caters to your needs without the big software restrictions.

Cons

Currently there is nothing a true dislike. But if i had to pick one it would be statements. In order to generate stand alone statements and submit to the client it has to be done manually versus a mass email distribution. Similar to invoicing. However, if the client is invoiced on a monthly basis they would recieve a copy of their statement with their invoices.

Dara S.

Great product for a small to medium firm

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We've been using this for a few years now and we're still learning how to use it effectively. Overall, I think its a great tool.

Pros

Once you get used to the layout its very easy to navigate and find the information you're looking for. I'm sure it can do a lot more that what we're using it for and I'm excited to see how we can grow with it.

Cons

It forces you to structure your projects specifically in order to use all of its features. At times it seems too rigid in its assumptions on how a project should be structured and we have to find work arounds. For example we might have 2 Project Managers on one project, but you can only select one per project.

Brian S.

A Must-Have!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Our employees pick up time entry very easily with InFocus. Its also great that employees can monitor their own PTO accruals, seeing all that they've accrued and used throughout the year. Employees can also generate their own reports to see how many hours they've worked on a specific project. Its great!

Pros

It is so user friendly, if you are familiar with excel, many of InFocus's features are created the same way. Very low training time!

Cons

Copying entries on time sheets or AP's could be a little better, but it isn't that bad.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Long time customer

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

Was able to import data from old/so to be obsolete program (Sema4)

Cons

Need to have ability to write computer code to make changes to templates

Quickbooks to Clearview

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We are solving a lot of redundancy issues that we had with previous software. It is helping us streamline our accounting system.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about software is its ability to provide me with up to date information that is critical factor in making project related decisions. Also I have found ability to run numerous standard and custom reports helpful.

Cons

All of the capabilities are overwhelming in the beginning.

Barbara P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

InFocus - a Great Product!

Reviewed on 03/02/2015

Pros

This software offered easy conversion from our former software; they were able to bring all of our previous file information forward for project reference. It matched up with our former software in many ways and is easy to learn and use. Clearview Software's staff is very good to work with during the conversion. The training offered is very helpful, and they will always respond quickly and efficiently to any need you may have. Give them both a try; you will like them.

Cons

The only downside I have had is not being able to customize the software's reports at my level to the needs. I have had some custom reports and invoices designed to match up with our needs, but it is too costly to have all my report requirements customized. Therefore, sometimes you have to either run three or four reports to gather the information you may require.

Sanae C.

Incocus is just great

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

Pros

Friendly use, very easy to use and not that much complicated.

Cons

The fact that I don't have o shortcut on my desktop that takes me directly to log in... I need to open a browser and type in the link...

Peter H.

Love Clearview

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I have been very happy with Clearview.

Pros

Very easy to use, well thought out, and the layout really makes sense.

Cons

At times it is slow retrieving data, but this is rare.

Lauren D.

I feel that some items in the program can be more intuitive and easier to use. It gets the job...

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

The layout is nice. I like the list format. The overall calculation of time works well. It is nice that you can copy recent items to a new time sheet.

Cons

It is not very user friendly. If you don't know the "shortcut" commands, it can be very time consuming to do anything. Scrolling through long drop down menus is annoying.

Edward P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Project Software Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

Top of the line Project Software. The developer has put a lot of thought and spend a great deal of time in looking at the total scope of the program functionality and how it interacts with real life situations. They have every angle and every circumstances covered.

Pros

Very forward thinking product that benefits true life occurrences and situations.

Cons

None that I have seen yet. And from what I have seen I do not think it will seen anything derogatory.

Stefanie A.

Not user friendly. Every day I dread having to use this product for time and invoices.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

This program is only beneficial to our bookkeeper. People actually imputing there time find it difficult to use and time consuming.

Cons

This software is very difficult to navigate. It is not easy to use or understand. You need to complete multiple steps in order to get the result needed.

Chad C.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

I mainly use it to submit time for my timesheets.

Pros

I like how easy the software is to use. Very straight forward.

Cons

I don't have any grievances with the product at this point.

Lucas R.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Efficient

Project management

Pros

It makes it easy to manage and organize projects

Cons

It takes a little time to get use to the features.

Good for our industry

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Huge time savings getting through invoicing. All information input into one system. Ability to have projects and invoicing tied together.

Pros

I like that we can build estimates and track a project from beginning to end. All costs go in and are automatically available for invoicing at markup rates. Flexible and able to have multiple price sheets. Integrated with project scheduled, resource planning, time sheet and expenses.

Cons

Interface is a little outdated. Some standard reports you get in products like Quickbooks are not present. Mobile timesheet is a little outdated but works.

Madeline M.

I find the program difficult to maneuver when trying to set up projects and invoice

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Pros

I like that each PM has the means to review and prepare their own invoice. I would like to know more on how to set up a template style that can be imported for each project and then alter from there.

Cons

I wish it were easier to move time tickets around. It takes many clicks to get to move a time ticket to where it needs to be when entered in the wrong location. I wish uploading documents was easier and that I did not have to put on my desk top to move. To edit fees you need to be in one place, to add tasks you need to be in another. The program is not intuitive.

Alla D.

InFocus for engineering firms

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Overall, flexible software accommodating engineering firms and great support team to work with.

Pros

Absolutely incredible customer service - a great team of highly skilled professionals providing a quick answer via an open ticket, a walk-thru via Webex or customization via a Work order.

Customization in data presentations, security, permissions, reports. An end user can do a desired customization him/herself or ask the Clearview team to run a script to implement it.

Constant development and training. Workshops, webinars, announcements, updates. Continuous improvement in all InFocus features and options. Clearview team always moves forward to the new advanced ways to use the system, always up to date with technology.

Cons

Whenever and whatever we like least in InFocus, we bring it up to the support team and try to change it to the way it would work out for us or find the best solution for it. In most cases it is all repairable and we get the changes we want to use InFocus more efficiently. InFocus team is open for ideas and suggestions and many improvements we asked for have been already in place and we use them routinely now.

Filmore W.

review

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

ease of use, cost efficiencies, reduced staff and operating costs

Cons

export to excel, formatting before downloading could improve

Stephen K.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

A very Customizable Software Product

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Pros

First of all, I am not an accountant, but DBA/Software Developer. The ability to create customized reports, actions, and dashboards (both traditional and analytical) and incorporate them seamlessly into Infocus really makes this product stand out from it's competitors.

Cons

There are a few consistency issues between the applets that are annoying at times.

Tonya B.

Great Software. We don't use all of the functions, but the ones that we do use are great.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Pros

I loved that we were able to transfer roughly 18 years of data over to this software. That was one of the main reasons we switched to this software.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that we do not use in the software, but I understand how important they would be for larger firms. It would be nice to have a scaled down version of this software for smaller firms.

Caleb N.

Great, but complicated.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We use clear view to manage our projects with respect to time and budget. Clear view has made it easier to track our projects with the dashboard as a project manager.

Pros

The Dashboard is great and I love how I can configure it to exactly what I need

Cons

User interface is not user friendly. Meaning there are too many steps to accomplish one thing.

Chris M.

Clearview Infocus

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Pros

Fairly easy for end users to navigate and accomplish what is needed, once accimated. Straightforward back end management.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve to get going. After that it feels more intuitive.