Showing 82 reviews of 70

Unanet A/E

Project-based ERP for mid-to-large size AE firms

4.4 /5 (70 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 82 reviews of 70
Erica L.

Functionality at its Finest

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Being a newer accountant in the engineering industry, I had a bit to learn about how jobs are billed, tracked, etc. It is definitely a different process than accounting for goods being sold! I came into my job as the implementer of InFocus and learned A LOT simply by learning the system. InFocus is so easy to use and straight forward. If there is something that I don't catch onto right away, the Clearview support team is always ready to help and quickly help resolve the issue.

As the years have gone on they have updated the system based on feedback from their clients, which is amazing! The changes they have made make things run more smoothly and it is great to know that they are listening to the needs and desires of their clients. InFocus also has a built-in reports, but also its own report builder tool if the report you need isn't automatically there you can create it yourself!

Overall, I would definitely recommend InFocus to anyone looking for new engineering software. The program is easy to learn, easy to maneuver in and provides everything you would need. Even your specific need isn't met you can simply reach out to their support staff and be taken care of. It is a great software, but even better customer service - thank you Clearview team!

Pros

Ease of use, availability of support staff, resolution of issues, suggestion forum Clearview provides

Cons

Export to excel needs manipulated often, if modified the journals will show both versions

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Clearview InFocus gets the job done.

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the fact that it is very versatile and can be customized to suit your company's needs.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that when the product needs an update the users who are in the field and do not have access to good internet are left unable to do their time sheets because they cannot get into the screens without the update being done.

• Industry: Industrial Automation

Project Management software

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We have greatly enhanced and automated the project cost management using InFocus.

Pros

*Tracks project costs easily
*Many options for project set up
*Allows users to enter time and expenses from anywhere
*Electronic file attachments allowed throughout the software

Cons

*Cumbersome or lacking drill down capabilities in multiple modules
*Missing a few warning messages in critical areas such as the ability to post AP/AR to closed periods

Alla D.

InFocus for engineering firms

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Overall, flexible software accommodating engineering firms and great support team to work with.

Pros

Absolutely incredible customer service - a great team of highly skilled professionals providing a quick answer via an open ticket, a walk-thru via Webex or customization via a Work order.

Customization in data presentations, security, permissions, reports. An end user can do a desired customization him/herself or ask the Clearview team to run a script to implement it.

Constant development and training. Workshops, webinars, announcements, updates. Continuous improvement in all InFocus features and options. Clearview team always moves forward to the new advanced ways to use the system, always up to date with technology.

Cons

Whenever and whatever we like least in InFocus, we bring it up to the support team and try to change it to the way it would work out for us or find the best solution for it. In most cases it is all repairable and we get the changes we want to use InFocus more efficiently. InFocus team is open for ideas and suggestions and many improvements we asked for have been already in place and we use them routinely now.

Dara S.

Great product for a small to medium firm

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

We've been using this for a few years now and we're still learning how to use it effectively. Overall, I think its a great tool.

Pros

Once you get used to the layout its very easy to navigate and find the information you're looking for. I'm sure it can do a lot more that what we're using it for and I'm excited to see how we can grow with it.

Cons

It forces you to structure your projects specifically in order to use all of its features. At times it seems too rigid in its assumptions on how a project should be structured and we have to find work arounds. For example we might have 2 Project Managers on one project, but you can only select one per project.

Susan M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great for small engineering firms!

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Overall we are very happy with Clearview. The attention to detail in each applet makes for a thorough accounting and project management system that can't be beat.

Pros

This software is easy to use and the support team is great for every question and issue you have. The daily financials and banking systems are easy to follow, and the way employee timesheets, bill reviews and invoicing systems are integrated make billing a breeze.

Cons

Custom reports can be tricky, but the support staff is very knowledgeable and will help you out.

Jake G.

InFocus Review - Great Product

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Pros

For a small firm like ours, InFocus is very affordable, yet has all the functionality that we can function like a medium to large firm from a financial perspective. We can also meet all of the government FAR regulations.

Cons

The only con is that there are so many features, it sometimes takes me time to remember what they all do.

Matt M.

great onsite service

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

na

Pros

Brock came out and did a great job meeting with us and helping to build customized tools for our team to best utilize the software.

Cons

we've paid for so many self-hosted licenses, that it makes it really tough to convert to a cloud based platform and just basically throw away all those initial costs.

Rick W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

User Friendly

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

The greatest pro for this product is just how user friendly InFocus is. Very clean interface. Minimal training needed.

Cons

The only really con is not enough people are using it. Other than that I don't really have any complaint from my perspective.

Scott W.

Great customer Support, would like more data on features

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Pros

Online, web based in the cloud. Dashboard is pretty easy to use, very visual. Need a better way to customize dashboard.

Cons

Need mac version. Need a better way to customize dashboard. Would like to be able to send help tickets direct from software.

• Industry: Design

Endless capabilities on a dated platform

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Capturing employee time sheets, project costing, invoicing, etc.

Pros

The software has the ability to capture an unlimited amount of data and translate that into what seems to be and infinite number of custom reports for analysis.

Cons

The software platform is dated and does not appeal to the progressive user. Functionality is excellent if all data points and selections are properly input. Many erroneous mistakes are unidentified until you reach a failed attempt to export a related function.

Loretta K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Why I like Clearview accounting software...

Reviewed on 13/02/2015

Pros

Our company has been with Clearview since 2008 and we've grown with them over the years. What I believe I like best about Clearview is that besides it being fairly easy to use, someone is always available to reach for help via phone or email (during business hours) and they are prompt in responding back. Whether I need a custom report made quickly or training on a new release item they've just put out, it is comforting to know that I'm always going to be taken care of quickly.

Cons

I'm really happy with Clearview so really don't have anything specific that I don't like.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple and Spartan

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Pros

Gets the job done, simple enough table input method for users. Simple layout

Cons

Difficult to search and identify clients and codes. From a user (non-administrative) perspective, it can be difficult to create a summary or identify things over time without scrolling back through dates and submissions

Kevin W.

InFocus

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

It has been an easy day-to-day experience for me

Pros

Quick and easy interface for daily accounting

Cons

Could use a more robust interface and better cross-product compatibility

Tian you S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Benefit of using Clearview Infocus

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

Clearview Infocus offers a lot of nice features to improve the project workflow, and save you a lot of time.

Cons

It is hard to learn at the beginning. you either need to have training by your own team or third party consultant.

Stefanie A.

Not user friendly. Every day I dread having to use this product for time and invoices.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

This program is only beneficial to our bookkeeper. People actually imputing there time find it difficult to use and time consuming.

Cons

This software is very difficult to navigate. It is not easy to use or understand. You need to complete multiple steps in order to get the result needed.

Joshua M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use and powerful

Hours recording

Pros

Ease of use in recording hours for timesheet

Cons

UI format is relatively bland—could use more customization

Shelley M.

While the software is fine the implementation and customer service was terrible & well below...

Reviewed on 21/06/2017

Pros

The ability to make changes easily. Because of our terrible experience I do not have a lot of "Pro" comments to provide.

Cons

Dealing with customer service and conversion teams. It was a terrible experience. When we purchased this software we were told many things that were not true and did not happen as promised and because of that it took over a year for the conversion to be complete. This ended up costing us much more than proposed and the conversion was still not what we had initially asked for. I would not recommend working with this company.

Emily Y.

A software that fits our need

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

Even though, Stillwater Energy is a small company, we are an energy consulting firm, InFocus provides us a very good tool to keep track timesheet by projects, for managers to do project planning. Even better is whenever encounter a problem using the program, either get on the Help Center to browse articles or videos or open a ticket , we can always get our problems resolved almost instantly.

Leora S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Project Management Portion

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

-Very organized and easy to manage
-Very simple
-I like the way your able to group products
- I like the charts!
-Not so expensive

Cons

The look is what throws me off most its way too simple. For the 21st century I believe that they could have done a better job.

Leah I.

Luxury Hotel at motel price

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

InFocus is simple to use while compiling and organizing complex data. Constantly improving on an already comprehensive and component program.

Lauren J.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Clearview Software Review - Infocus

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

I am extremely happy with Clearview Infocus. They have been amazing in their customer service department and help when I need it with trouble shooting. They have gotten better about adding tutorials and training modules, and even adding in person workshops to help expand my knowledge and learn more about the software. They are always listening to their customers and adding updates to include features their clients want to see.

Pros

I like that the software is able to integrate all aspects of our business, from timesheets to expense reports, invoicing, and bill payment, etc. It is a one stop shop kind of software.

Cons

The hardest part of the software is getting it to generate the reports you want if they are not already built into the system, if you want a custom report do you do need to know some sequel background to run a report. I have also found that it is an extremely powerful tool but I am only scrapping the surface, and if I knew more information it could be even more useful. Adding custom boxes to applets to make it more specific to our business.

Good for our industry

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Huge time savings getting through invoicing. All information input into one system. Ability to have projects and invoicing tied together.

Pros

I like that we can build estimates and track a project from beginning to end. All costs go in and are automatically available for invoicing at markup rates. Flexible and able to have multiple price sheets. Integrated with project scheduled, resource planning, time sheet and expenses.

Cons

Interface is a little outdated. Some standard reports you get in products like Quickbooks are not present. Mobile timesheet is a little outdated but works.

Madeline M.

I find the program difficult to maneuver when trying to set up projects and invoice

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Pros

I like that each PM has the means to review and prepare their own invoice. I would like to know more on how to set up a template style that can be imported for each project and then alter from there.

Cons

I wish it were easier to move time tickets around. It takes many clicks to get to move a time ticket to where it needs to be when entered in the wrong location. I wish uploading documents was easier and that I did not have to put on my desk top to move. To edit fees you need to be in one place, to add tasks you need to be in another. The program is not intuitive.

Teresa K.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great software for small to medium size firms

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Timesheets are in on time due to the capability to use app on cell phones. Can close the books in a day versus 3-5 days as in the past. Invoices are sent faster than before.

Pros

Easy to use, very intuitive, software is always available and have never had any issues with connectivity

Cons

Would love more canned reports to choose from