Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail is a secure, encrypted, and enterprise-ready email

4.6/5

967 Reviews for UK Users

Gabriella
Gabriella
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great functionality with available set-up resources

Reviewed on 14/02/2021

I recommend Zoho mail 110%, I have been using it for years now with minimum to no issues.

Pros

I have used Zoho for about four years now, and I was attracted to it by Zoho mail. Zoho mail allows you to have five email addresses with individual mailboxes under one custom domain for free. This is great especially for entrepreneurs and startups, even though you have to purchase the custom domain.

The level of functionality is great, it ranks well even when compared to paid services. Another important aspect is that it's not "spammy" and it does not have compromised security.

Zoho mail works well, I would recommend it to other business owners and entrepreneurs. It is also continually improving and adding more useful tools such as the MX record checker.

Cons

I like Zoho mail's performance and reliability that is enabled by aspects such as adding SPF and DKIM entries in the domain DNS and adjusting MX records.
But depending on skill level, these settings could be seen as challenging and could deter some. I found the manual webpage that's available for setting up for a range of domain providers to be quite helpful. There are other sites that cover how to set up Zoho mail, which I also found to be helpful.

I realized that it can take long for Zoho mail to pick up added entries to a domain DNS. This is probably split between Zoho mail and a specific domain provider but perhaps some improvements can be done.

Syazwani
Syazwani

Good with organizing emails

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Zoho Mail is better than my previous email hosting that my domain hosting has provided. There are option to access my mail from my mobile device, which i like very much and can access it from anywhere. There are also a tools to have a quick chat with my contact list.

Pros

Sending and receiving emails with Zoho Mail has never been a problem so far. Adding contact list in bulk is very possible and can work in multiple type of file format like .TXT and excel. Creating a template for my email like footnote and signature is easy and has many option like font style and color to customized it.

Cons

There are limited user that can be add for the domain, and will include more fees to add more user. Adding a domain is not easy as it should be, the MX records is not easily recognized by this software and keep showing error. There are no detailed manual to the problem that I face, and only after seeking support from the customer service the problem is fixed.

Terence

A terrible email provider that should be avoided.

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Horrendous and completely unprofessional. Now I see why people go to google or outlook. Great for free. If you have to pay we suggest you go to a professional company.

Pros

It’s cheap. That being said. You get exactly what you pay for.

Cons

Complete and utter incompetence. Every time any of our employees travels out of the country zoho turns off the emails. We have had staff with multiple trips where important business emails were missed as they didn’t receive emails nor was anyone at the company notified. We had a customer support agent [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who utterly useless making this situation right. You would think that this would have been resolved during the first few trips but oh no. Every single trip it happens. If you have a small business I would seriously avoid using this company. You get exactly what you pay for.

• Industry: Information Services

Uses of Zoho Mail

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

very exciting experience. Especially on Security

very exciting experience. Especially on Security

Pros

Ease of use is the best character of the system

Cons

It is generally good in every sense. We use only few services.

Notion

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Need to have a unique emai as an organization

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

we never used any alternative products with zoho
Sunita
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Perfect Alternative for Gmail

Reviewed on 23/12/2023

Pros

Zoho Mail provides me with a means to manage my mails with ease, it's got a user friendly interface, mails are sent and received instantly without delay and opening links from mails is also easy to do.

Cons

Non really except for one time i changed devices and it was a bit tough getting access into my new device.

Jose
  • Industry: Legal Services

The best option for SME

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

cost effective, easy to use, affordable for sme

cost effective, easy to use, affordable for sme

Pros

Easy to use and cost effective for SME.

Cons

All is ok, sorry, no cons for zoho mail.

Harriott

This is a very good product

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

I like it a lot. I would encourage anyone to use it.

I like it a lot. I would encourage anyone to use it.

Pros

I like the clean look, and I like the secure email feature.

Cons

It took me a while to get used to it initially because the "feel" is different from what I was used to.

Daria

Great alternative to Gmail

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

Pros

Gmail very quickly becomes too expensive for a startup. Zoho provides a perfect free alternative.

Cons

Images don't always display properly in incoming emails

Christopher
Christopher

The best professional email service to start

Reviewed on 11/11/2023

Very good, first setup was very easy because they have instructions for most domain registrars in their help pages.

Pros

Their free plan is the best way to start with a professionnal email.

Cons

Since the professionnal email is hosted on Zoho, it can't be used in android apps like Gmail. However their Zoho Mail app for android works great and I really like it.

Irene
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

New user for branded domain email

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Good. Am new user so will let you know after I have used it a bit.

Good. Am new user so will let you know after I have used it a bit.

Pros

Nice layout and good support.Need more time to access.

Cons

no cons yet. am new user. was fairly easy to set up.

Meant for Startups and upto Medium Scale Business Mainly

Reviewed on 10/08/2019

The branding of the company and reputation as premium is what established via use of Zoho Mail. It is a very important factor in creating a trusted image among potential clients. In fact, it does maintain a reputation with ease of access at the companies end.

Pros

Ability to scale up and work as a team is the most approaching benefit of Zoho Mail.

further to it, on use I did find:

1. The Administrator can be a team and not just one person.
2. Role set up and Employee Addition, even with custom roles are very helpful for medium scale enterprises.
3. Has a good ability to make a company-wide policy for better implementation of compliances and related kinds of stuff without hassles.
4. The advanced and simple mode selection also helps for quite a good lot of employees.
5. The email authenticity details in every email are quite a helpful feature that will save a life from spams not available in Gsuite and likewise applications to extend Zoho has.

Cons

The Cost expenses of running full premium features are a setback to most of micro and nano scale enterprises. The Company does provide good lot feature even at free of cost but the overall pricing deters such enterprises to buy paid plans, thus reducing the inflow of such paid customers.

The privacy policies of companies present a loophole of the ability of admin to peek in an employee's email. It is like a sword with two edges, both beneficial and destructive too.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

The price factor and reliability factor were crucial in selection. But ease of access and trust issues were the factors that narrowed down the search. The value for money makes it win win situation.

Great email service that links easily to the rest of the Zoho suite.

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

It is an excellent email service for business or home users who don't need a full Exchange server, Office365 system etc. It has plenty of storage space so that you dont have to keep deleting emails or having the risk of not being able to send or receive a critical set of mails because you have ran out of space. There are plenty of upgrade paths at a reasonable figure per month so that it can grow if you need to expand without having to switch to another company.

Pros

The email service has a very generous mailbox size and a lot of features even in the free version. The webmail works very well and the apps you can download for your mobile devices seem to perform with no glitches so far. It has all of the features you expect from an email service including standard email, calendar, tasks, contacts etc and the webmail even has a handy Remote Work feature that allows you to clock in and out and log the time you are spending on a task. It has the usual software programs for Mac, Windows and Linux so you dont need to purchase a dedicated email program to send and receive your email.

Cons

The calendar feature does not work in the webmail section when on an iPad outside of the normal app.

Gmail and MyWebsite

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

We use a lot of their services and they work so well together that it was an obvious choice to use their email as well.

Zoho Mail Review: Efficient Email

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Overall, Zoho Mail is a cost-effective solution that provides many basic email features, but it may not be suitable for users who require more advanced features and customization options.

Pros

Efficient Email Management: Zoho Mail provides a clean and user-friendly interface, advanced spam protection, and collaboration tools for teams, making it easier for users to manage their email.Affordable: Zoho Mail offers an affordable email service for individuals and small businesses, making it a cost-effective solution for those who need an email service.Secure: Zoho Mail provides advanced security features, such as two-factor authentication and encrypted email storage, to protect users' data and information.Integration with Other Zoho Apps: Zoho Mail integrates well with other Zoho apps, such as Zoho CRM and Zoho Calendar, allowing users to streamline their workflow and manage tasks more effectively.Custom Domain Name Support: Zoho Mail allows users to use their own domain name for their email address, helping them establish their brand and professionalism.

Cons

Limited Customization Options: Some users may find that the customization options for Zoho Mail are limited, and they may not be able to personalize their email experience as much as they would like.Lack of Advanced Features: Zoho Mail has many basic email features, but it may lack some of the advanced features that are available with other email services, such as email categorization and prioritization.Limited Customer Support: Zoho Mail's customer support options may be limited, and users may have to rely on online resources and forums to get the help they need.Integration Issues: While Zoho Mail integrates well with other Zoho apps, some users may have trouble integrating it with non-Zoho apps and services, which could limit its usefulness.

Habibah
Habibah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best to manage domain email

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Zoho mail is very reliable and the server uptime is 99.9% which is the first feature that i am looking while choosing the email management software. I use it for daily use and it is critical for me to have an email management that is always online. The price scheme is also not too expensive and i can afford it.

Pros

Zoho mail is very complete in the feature that they provide, it has an option to recovering back all the email attachment even after i have mistakenly deleted the email. It is very useful for me as i sometimes mistakenly deleting an important email when trying to clearing up my email inbox. The spam blocker also work pretty well.

Cons

Adding and setting a new email domain with this software is very hard and confusing for the first time i am trying to do it. It keep showing error and can not correctly even after i am following the instruction that they provide in the manual. Thanks to the customer support, i can connect it with my domain after a few times.

Norzihan
Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quite good with email management tools

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

I have use Zoho Mail for managing my domain email, setting it up is really easy as there are many guides and manual provided by this software to make it work. Up for 5 business email id is free to register and that is enough for me for my own domain without having to pay for its premium plan and i really happy to be able using it for free but with premium feature.

Pros

Zoho Mail is one of the top software that has good tools that offer a free email management, also for managing business email. I really like that i can customized and editing keyword for the spam filters, so the legit email coming from legit business email address can be white-flag and landing to my primary inbox.

Cons

Mobile application for Zoho Mail is less responsive unlike the desktop application. It just won't automatically synchronized my emails and i need to manually refresh the application for it to start showing my new emails. I don't know if it is the problem with my smartphone or it just won't work.

Rodolfo

Cost/benefit is insane, you will always get more for low price

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

I’m able to handle all my official business communications though Zoho email, even the smtp part to send emails from my site.

Pros

I loved the capability of have a free tier with enterprise ready functions, how I started as a freelance and be able to setup a “virtual” team right away it was insane, be able to use different personas in one Emil in incredible.

The search functionality is amazing too, how you can filter by persons, attachment, content etc, the tus just great.

I love the spam protection, it is so good, even categorize common emails that you receive frequent, just be aware need to add those to white list. But is better that way instead of lead a spam email to reach out to you.

Cons

As a newby when I started, it took me some time (not much) to set up, specially the look and feel with my logo.

Excellent for managing multiple email addresses

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

I love Zoho Mail. Before I found it, I had lots of trouble managing multiple email accounts on a few different computers.

Pros

I can make several different email addresses very easily with Zoho Mail. Gmail limits you to five email addresses in one account, but I manage much more than that with Zoho. I can access it from any computer or from my phone. I've been using it for about 7 years I think, and it has made a huge difference in my business.

Cons

Zoho Mail can do so much that it can be a little difficult to set certain things up because there are so many different settings. A few times I've had trouble with something that I thought shouldn't be that complicated. But thankfully Zoho's support is good and they've helped with any questions I've had.

Aris
Aris
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Zoho: The Mail King

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

We base all our direct sales and customer support emails on Zoho Mail because it has a full suite of apps around Mail, it gives us tools to embed some features needed on our ecommerce using the API and also a lot of our customers prefer Zoho Mail more than Roundcube or other Mail providers because of its user friendly interface, deliverability and cool features.

Pros

We have the paid plan and can take advantage the big file size of attachments and the integration of various Zoho applications, such as calendar, notes and scheduled emails that are heavily used by our company employees. The most practical, user friendly and useful feature are the tabs for each action we take. Everything we click is opened on a new tab in the same webpage which help us go back and work at multiple things at the same time. Advanced filters, forwarders and tags are necessary for our business and Zoho exceeds our expectations on these features. Two factor authentication is recommended and available by Zoho. Security notifications are always enabled and help us monitor suspicious activity of our accounts. Also there is an API that gives us the ability to embed mail features inside our web apps and various projects.

Cons

We would prefer if the paid plans had unlimited users for a single domain, because the domain is owned by the individual user/company and would be fair to be able to use unlimited aliases for a domain. Other than that Zoho Mail is great and this is our personal opinion on this matter!

• Industry: Sports

Professional email with lots of features

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Overall, I really like Zoho Mail. It helps us cut the costs down for emails a lot because they offer generous service plans which other companies charge a lot more. And if you are still not sure if Zoho Mail is right for you, they offer a great free plan where you can have 1 domain and 5 emails each offering 5 GB of storage.

Pros

Zoho Mail is great if you are looking for a cheap professionally managed email service that allows you to have professional-looking emails ending with your domain name. No more @gmail.com for making business. Now customers can see that you are a serious company and you can do more with Zoho Mail than with your previous email.
Zoho Mail perfectly connects with other Zoho services and every Zoho service has its add-on which is already integrated into the whole system.
Zoho Mail features a nice-looking webmail interface which also has dark mode available. The design of webmail is very modern and to my preference, I like it more than Gmail.
A key advantage of using Zoho Mail in large corporations is organization policies. Mail administrators can set up signatures, disclaimers, attachment size limit, and spam settings and even enforce the use of 2FA which all serious companies should be using nowadays if they take security seriously.
Zoho even offers a great Zoho Mail mobile app which works great on all mobile devices and systems. It supports adding multiple accounts which is great if you happen to manage multiple email boxes. If you happen to have an email client of your own choice, you can easily set up your inbox in other applications because all popular email protocols are supported out of the box - POP3, IMAP, SMTP.

Cons

I don't like the search functionality of Zoho Mail. Sometimes it is kinda unhelpful and I find emails I am searching for way faster manual rather than with a search bar. Zoho Mail saves email and associates the first name of a person in the address book based on the first part of the email. Not all companies use the [email protected] format and I think that should be considered when using search because sometimes the results of a search aren't great.
Also, the translation of the word Forward is translated wrongly in the Croatian language. I already contacted support a few times but they still haven't fixed that. Some less experienced users could find it confusing to forward email because of this poor wording. I know because at first I also was.

Sahid
Sahid
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good choice for email service for enterprise.

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

For small and medium-sized organizations, Zoho mail is a useful tool that has performed above and beyond expectations. Similar to that, this application's usability is a plus. Last but not least, this mail service fulfills all requirements for individuals seeking for a respectable mail satisfaction management program without affecting their financial statement.

Pros

There isn't much that a low tech user can't figure out after the first setup, which needed some understanding. Email and other collaborative tools are easy to use and understand. Spam was not a problem because it is able to identify and classify messages accurately 96% of the time. I like how affordable it is to utilize my domain name for an email management system that focuses on the needs of its users.

Cons

The organization may expand into a new market by offering live help for mailbox installation in addition to video instruction. It was a bit difficult to implement email since the program needed professional assistance to be set up. Apart than that, using this application is straightforward. After the setting is finished, the application has been functioning without any issues thus far.

Yahoo Mail

For better pricing.

ProtonMail

Some functions missing.
Brandon

Free business email has never been this good

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Zoho Mail solved two huge problems for us: internal communication and professional company branding in our emails. We needed a platform to facilitate better communication within the company. We chose Zoho to begin with because it was free​ but found that its functionality surpassed what we were hoping for. Before we had been using free services that required us to cram our company name into the sender portion of the email (e.g., [email protected]). This looked unprofessional. Since moving to Zoho, all our outgoing emails now look professional​ and uniform with our company website dot com in the domain portion.

Pros

This email service does everything and more than we needed or wanted. It has spam filters (and they work!) You can organize and filter mail to automatically go to predetermined​ folders. You can set up and moderate several accounts for employees. You get to attach your​ own company/website name to the end of the email address (e.g., [email protected]). And it's totally affordable for small companies. 25 free user accounts and unlimited groups for free! Customer service is great for a free service. I have emailed them to report a problem​ and have received a response within an hour. The longest I had to wait was 24 hours, but it was during a peak season, so I'm not surprised. They are surprisingly​ attentive and timely for a free service.

Cons

It is a bit complicated and involved in regards to setup. Someone with a little knowledge won't have a problem. But if you have trouble setting up a gmail account, you'll definitely need some help with this.

Avezkhan

Zoho Mail Review

Reviewed on 08/07/2023

Zoho Mail is very essay to used. as per my experience Zoho Provide other think like ZOHO chat on the same page as well as 15gb free storage for the users. and very fast resonance as compare to other mail services.

Pros

Zoho Mail offers a clean and essay UI. Most Impotently User can set their own domain names for email addresses, as well as it is provides generous storage options, allowing users to store a significant amount of emails and Zoho Mail offers an ad-free experience as well. Aslo Zoho allowing users there own services like Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects, or Zoho Docs from within the email interface.

Cons

Some time I feel performance issues with Zoho mail. Compared to some other email providers, Zoho Mail may have a more limited selection of third-party integrations While it's offers a range of advanced features but for learn that they don't have perfect and clean documentation. And For Mobile Application Zoho mail have different different app for like chat, For mail.

Matt

Zoho Mail is the perfect solution for managing emails!

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

My experience with Zoho Mail can't be faulted, the tools it gives you at such an affordable price for all businesses is incredible. It is definitely a product I will return to time after time for all of my business related email needs.

Pros

Zoho Mail is an all in one solution for working as a team and alone. The admin panel allows for simple yet powerful management of the organisation's email users and available tools. Group email addresses allow for endless options when it comes to collaboration when using Zoho Mail, utilising private internal addresses, aliases, ticket like threads, and so much more shared with the entire team. The settings available for all features from mail sorting to signatures and alias addresses are endless and extremely useful for managing mail and a business. The best part in my opinion is the pricing, free email hosting for a custom domain with up to 5 users and unlimited aliases/groups, it's more than you could ever wish for, especially as an upgrade is only £0.80/month!

Cons

Unfortunately when it comes to Zoho Mail, too many genuine emails seem to slip through into the spam bin in my experiences. Also the choice to not allow for mail forwarding on the free plan seems like an unusual choice. The mobile app also feels slightly difficult when logged in with multiple accounts actively signed in. The admin app for mobile is difficult to use and not inline with the quality of the web version too.

Jose

The best and cheapest mail box

Reviewed on 08/02/2023

Pros

It has the best UI in mail apps, its better than Gmail or Outlook. You can customize everything. A really intuitive app, its pretty easy to manage users.In the cheapest plan, you get personalized signatures, multiple mailboxes, web and mobile apps and custom filters for inbox mails.

Cons

The contact manager sometimes doesnt search correctly.

Microsoft Outlook, Gmail and Hostinger

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Price, zoho is really cheap

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

It is the best quality/price ratio
oscar alberto
oscar alberto
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The most economical option with more options in email

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

In general, work with zoho is good, despite the points against, the mail of zoho has all the options to be an excellent service provider, the mobile and web versions I think are the best, has multiple options and On the other hand, it offers the free option to host the business mail of your company if you have your own domain, but depending on the domain it can be for 25 accounts or less.

Pros

What I like about zoho mail is that it is an excellent alternative to traditional email providers, it offers you a service without any publicity which is very much appreciated, you have the option to open a personal email with zoho or if you prefer an email business at very competitive prices, zoho interface seems very clean and functional, you can modify it from the configuration, which has many options to change and customize your email, has very practical modes of notifications as it groups you emails electronic devices according to the order of priority given to them, so that they are ordered and ready for the corresponding reading. It has a version for each device that is needed and it really is very practical and the emails arrive instantly.

Cons

What I do not like is that in the free option you do not have the pop and imap options are only available for the payment option so it is impossible to use the zoho client to receive or send your emails to other platforms if you do not make a payment and you subscribe to their service, on the other hand the pc client is quite deficient, it is a web version of reduced proportions, and you can not configure other accounts unless you close the session of the main account.