GoTo Connect Reviews

GoTo Connect

The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

4.4/5
4.5/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

661 Reviews for UK Users

Ann
Ann
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

The best business decision I ever made

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

The one thing I don't have to worry about in my office is the phone service. The phones are there and the call flow helps my business run smoothly.

Pros

This software is easy to use even for a novice like me. This system is able to grow with my company and I can make the necessary adjustments myself with ease. If I do ever run into a situation that I have trouble with (all centered around my being close to a Luddite) the customer service department is quick to contact and ready to help. They have been understanding and helpful and supportive all the way. I can't say enough about how great this service is.

Cons

Sometimes the time on the phone changes to the wrong time. I don't know if that is something I am doing on my end or a glitch in the phones. If it ever bothers me I call and the tech department can fix it for me. They tend to change again later though.

Merrick
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used for 6-12 months

Jive over everything!

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Jive is so much simpler than it’s more expensive, less customer oriented counterparts.

Pros

Jive is what Ringcentral used to be: an easy behind the scenes portal for administrators to easily manage phone trees, voice messages, and digital faxes. Jive allows you to create actual ‘click and drag’ style phone systems. The customer service team is relatively local, well informed, and has ideal follow through. Jive beats it’s competitors in functionality and price. The Apps they offer are great for doing distance work and responding to voice messages out of the office.

Cons

The digital fax function requires you to use an email account and copy paste destination info into your ‘to’ field. This process was rarely convenient.

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

Ringcentral is a complex maze of patches and updates. It’s user interface has become more nightmare-like over time.

RingCentral MVP
Rob

Ok, But Not Great

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

It hasn't been horrible, but it hasn't been great either. When my contract expires in a few months I'll be looking to move to a new product.

Pros

This was our first cloud-based phone system, having migrated from on-prem Wave. It's convenient to be able to manage it from anywhere.

Cons

Call quality is often lousy. Rarely does a week go by that my users aren't complaining to me about dropped calls or calls that are cutting out or static-y.

8x8 Work and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

Cloud based and cloud managed phone systems are the way to go.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

The MSP we were partnered with recommended them.
João
João
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Video and audio in one platform.

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

With the COVID pandemic, the GoToConnect platform helped employees to collaborate due to the quarantine and everyone working from their homes. We use the voip service a lot to communicate for free and the videoconference feature to make regular meetings, presentations and training. The experience was very good.

Pros

GoToConnect has everything we need to work away from the office and maintain optimal communication. In this software I like the integration of videoconferencing features, VOIP audio conferencing and corporate instant messaging. It is compatible with Windows and Android and IOS operating systems. I use it every day to chat with my colleagues and clients, using Voip when something is fast and when it requires a presentation I do online meetings.

Cons

GoToConnect still has some instabilities on android where it happened to close the application without my permission. But I see that on PC I have nothing to complain about.

Rex
Rex
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best VoIP!

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros

Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons

No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

Robin
Robin
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reliable voice service and excellent customer service

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Since JIVE provides the phone and fax service for my employer, there is a lot at stake. There have been few problems, and customer service is excellent. Even when we switched Internet providers and there was an incompatibility between JIVE and the new equipment, Customer Service stayed with us until our phones and fax were functional again. Five stars just for the Customer Service!

Pros

This software is pretty seamless. Once it is set up, there is really no need to tinker with it. It works well, and if there needs to be a change, Customer Service is right there to help.

Cons

Not too crazy about the new interface, but getting used to it. Also not thrilled that there is no way to block spam faxes.

Cory
Cory

Recommended for Businesses that Need More Functions and Features in Their Phone Menus

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

The overall experience with Jive has been positive.

The overall experience with Jive has been positive.

Pros

I like how many options, features, and functions the software has to offer for VoIP phone systems. The software is easy-to-use for those who are versed in software configuration. I also like that the app for it gets rid of the need for companies to buy their employees company cell phones. With the app, all you need is Internet to receive and send calls from your work number.

Cons

I don't like some of the hidden costs. Make sure to discuss all associated costs with your sales representative.

Susan M
Susan M

Jive gave me step-by step guidance on how to properly and effectively set up Jive voice.

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Our Biggest Win is one billing location, centralized control and the ability to control from any location

Pros

My biggest win with Jive was having one voice mail location for both of our offices. We can set them up, change the message, retrieve and even see them visually from any location. We do not need to be in the offices to preform any of these actions. This is especially great being a seasonal business. We can custom-tailor the entire system to fit our needs. Jive also allowed us to have one billing for both locations.

Cons

We have used Jive for the entire season now and there is not anything we have disliked about the software or the customer service.

Allison
Allison

Office Phones

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

its a hit or miss with customer service. I have had exceptional reps that has solved my problem quickly and with ease but i have also had reps that have just made the problem worse and rushed me off the phone.

Pros

I really like that my staff and I can take our phones home with us so we can work from home when the weather is bad. I also really love that if the phone isnt answered at my office it will ring on my personal cell.

Cons

I think it could be a little bit more user friendly but Im not the most tech savvy person.

Jake
Jake

I have had a fantastic experience with Jive from onboarding to support to expansion! Always...

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Ease of use. Administration. Consistent constant uptime.

Ease of use. Administration. Consistent constant uptime.

Pros

I can configure everything I need to from my administration portal. I need to rely on support for very little unless I want to.

Cons

I don't fully understand the terminology that's used. I do my Google searches to learn, but it would also be helpful to have definitions for lay people on every page as well as tips and guidance.

Stephen
  • Industry: Veterinary

Everything we wanted from a phone system and more

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Moving to GoToConnect just before COVID lockdowns was a godsend. The ability to have staff work from home was a huge help. While the onboarding process was intense, GTC staff were there at every step to help. And the customer support ever since, at every step and for every issue, has been fantastic. My favorite fact is that I have yet to be transferred to another associate when I call in. Every representative has been able to resolve my issue every time.

Pros

First off, GoToConnect is simply a great product. It does what it does well and without issue. We were initially nervous about moving to VOIP out of fear of poor call quality but after a year of use, that has not been a problem.

GTC offers incredible flexibility for product utilization. We can design plans where the phones in certain rooms only ring at certain times. There are options to adjust the length of time before calls are routed to voicemail. You can create messages that play according to when the call is received (before/after hours, lunch, emergency closure). Staff members can even log into the system and work from home.

GTC offers cloud based call recording. We only recently began utilizing that feature (more options than we can even think about) but have found it to be incredibly helpful. If there is ever a problem with a client, we can just review the call and have proof to resolve the dispute.

GTC offers unparalleled customer support. It may well be among the five best customer support experiences I have ever encountered. And these are complicated, in-depth issues that they help us with. But their staff know their business and are able to resolve the issues every time.

Cons

The onboarding process was lengthy, complicated and intense. Switching from a standard wired phone system to a VOIP system is a big switch for any company but especially for one without a real IT department.

GoToConnect offers more features and capabilities than we can even understand or utilize. At times, the sheer number of opportunities can become paralyzing.

The one "feature" we still struggle with is placing a call on hold, answering another call and then switching between the two. On a "old school" system with a hold button and blinking lights for each line, that process was second nature for those of us with a few years of that process. Moving to a VOIP where you don't really have "lines" is still tripping us up.

We wanted more features.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

GTC had better pricing.
Joel
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person from Software Advice we were given two options to follow up on. We ended up choosing Jive PBX because they offered incredible service, great tools at a very reasonable price.

Our current setup now is that when people call the church and no one answers, they hear from an automated attendant offering to connect them to the right person. The call then gets forwarded to the persons mobile phone. The great thing about Jive is they charge per physical device connected to their system and not per virtual extension. This means that at the moment we only pay for one Jive phone line. However, we can forward calls to as many non-jive mobile phones as we want without an additional cost. They are also very flexible allowing you to add or remove devices depending on your needs. Therefore when summer comes and we hire more staff we plan on adding more jive phone lines. When the summer is over we can cancel the additional lines.

In terms of quality, their voice quality is excellent. I was concerned that the VOIP quality might not be as good considering the home VOIP services I have tried in the past. Because of these concerns I took a few months to try out the VOIP quality with our staff and clients. We also tested the automated attendant at the same time. The staff have been very impressed with how well it works both in terms of quality and ease of use. This is why we are going ahead with the Jive deployment.

Their customer service is amazing. There have been a few minor issues that we encountered but they were very good about sorting it out. One issue involved a delay in receiving our phones from them. However, after I called them, they acknowledged the error on their part and did an express delivery at no additional charge to us. Another issue had to do with billing. We had an issue where we were being charged for two lines but we only wanted one. They were good about sorting out and refunding the additional line. The issue turned out to be due to our initial quote asking for two phone lines and ordering two phones they assumed we wanted the two phone lines right away. However, I had asked for a second quote with only one phone line, knowing that in the summer we would go to two lines. This is why I ordered the second phone even though we didn't plan on using it. All of us would prefer that everything go smoothly with a deployment. However, I am very happy to know that if something doesn't go right, that Jive team has an amazing support setup to get things sorted out.

They have great user interface for setting up PBX solutions. It is a drag and drop interface that anyone can use. I was very impressed by how simple it was to set up and route calls. They also have great training to help you get started.

Overall, I would highly recommend Jive Communication PBX. We have used them in the small business case but I can see that they could scale well for large organisations. We are very happy Jive Communication clients.

Pros

* Very reasonable cost.
* Great Customer Service
* Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones)
* Easy to use web interface.
* Good voice quality

Cons

* Some issues with billing (but they got that sorted out)
* Fax service is not as easy to use.
* Slower delivery with phones (but that was due to a glitch in their system)

Amber

The Customer Service Is Outstanding!

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

It has been amazing! Again, we have never had any of the issues with dropped calls or static on the line that we have had with other VOIP companies.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it doesn't malfunction or break! We have been with other VOIP companies and have experienced dropped calls, static, silence, etc as the norm. But not with Jive! I have never had a dropped call or an issue with static. The only time I have ever had to call in to tech support was when I needed help setting something up. My wait time to speak with someone has always been less than 3 minutes, each tech support agent is equally knowledgeable and if I couldn't figure out how to do what they were suggesting, they would log on to my computer and show me how to do it. I love this company!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I have never had any issues and Jive makes my life easier as I don't have to deal with phone issues. If the phones are down, it is a major issue for our company.

Colin

Good, almost great.

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

Pros

Integration into our dental practice management software. Curved Hero.
Text messaging evolution has gotten better, but need improvement.

Cons

Two things:
1) They are constantly having issues with their text message system. I heard they are thinking of cutting the system altogether. I think that would be a big mistake. Jive just needs to figure it out. We use it all the time to communicate with my patients. If they drop this software, we would probably change providers. I don't want to.
2) customer support emails: they need to summarize the issues in their emails asking if the issue has been resolved. I have many staff members and from time to time they call Jive to help with an issue. I see Jive respond asking if everything is fixed, which is great, but I don't know what is fixed. It would be great, if in the follow up email, Jive would include:
1) a summary of the problem
2) who called it in
3) who is fixing the issue
4) what was done to fix it
5) then ask if everything is good
That type of response would be impressive and I don't think it would take much to make that happen.
3) Extra emphasis on the text option - fix it, DON'T drop it. Thx.

Matthewq
  • Industry: Government Administration

Chief Clerk

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively. And the follow up is truly exceptional, I have never, ever experienced this level of support from any company. In this regard the company is truly outstanding. I recommend Jive to my business colleagues and wholeheartedly endorse the service and software. To say it makes my job responsibilities more effective and more pleasant would be a gross understatement. I would give Jive my highest recommendation of any vendor we deal with.

Pros

It has features which are very useful.
1. Monitoring individual user time and calls
2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers
3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users
4. Regular service updates on service issues

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what we need and want

Jay
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Superior Customer Service and a Service to Match

Reviewed on 25/08/2021

GoToConnect has replaced our previous service provider with superior customer service, an incredible amount of features (particularly for a small business), and excellent phone service for a very reasonable price.

Pros

Disclaimer: we have only just started using GoToConnect. I will set a reminder for six months from now to reevaluate this review, but unless something drastic happens, I have nothing but praise.

Starting out with the most impressive first, GoToConnect offers a dedicated onboarding team to assist with everything from receiving your hardware order, configuring the system to suit your business' needs, discovering features that you didn't even know you needed, all the way through porting your number from your previous provider and verifying that everything works as expected. I placed my order for service and hardware on Tuesday 8/10 and received the hardware on 8/11. I had the system mostly configured by Friday 8/13 and completely configured by the following Tuesday using a temporary number with the help of the onboarding team. The only problem was that there was a minimum 14 day wait period to port the number over that we needed to wait for in order to have the full service active!

The service itself has been dependable and top quality with very clear audio and excellent usability.

Cons

The only downside that we have experienced so far is the intra-company messaging. It is only available on the desktop app and is not very dependable, requiring the use of a secondary messaging software such as Skype for messaging.

Logan

Jive

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

I really like them. Being on the IT side they are always very helpful and have assisted me in solving issues (or just done it themselves). The reliability was shaky at first but we have had the service go down in months and months vs Ringcentral where it would go down a few times a month even if only for a few minutes. The admin side PBX takes some getting use to, but once you do its a breeze to set up new users and change features, but when you are learning something new, make sure you take note of all the steps needed to set things up, because you might forget the next time. Though this might be more my fault as this is my first time working with phones in depth. Though they need some improvement on the web/app side vs RC. They are far superior in ease of use and reliability.

Pros

The customer service is great and I always get help when I call in which is a lot. Everything is very easy to setup for new users.

Cons

Jive Web isnt great. There are (or were) a lot of bugs with it. We have some users who show they have messages or vms when they dont. I have contacted support about it and they have been very helpful but havent really found a fix. The texting option was in beta but isnt anymore? (not sure) so it works fine for the most part but acts strange sometimes and will stop working. I guess reporting is in beta as well and that is difficult to understand though this is in the PBX admin side vs Jive Web.

Paula
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great service at a great price

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Our old system did not allow for direct calls to each person and so calls were answered by a receptionist. It is nice to have a personal number to give out and to know people can call you directly. it presented a more professional business setting. The old system also sounded horrible, with crackling noises all through the calls, Jive voice is like a smooth cup of Joe!

Pros

I can control the system from my computer. It is easy to change messages and dial plans. When I get stuck, the service reps are the best. Very knowledgeable, helpful and pleasant to talk with. They understand your problems no matter how you explain it and they treat you like a VIP. There are so many features and I know we don't use them all!

Cons

It is hard to find something, but if I have to I guess I would say the color of the phones. They are black, maybe a range of colors would be great!

Wow, can I get a root canal instead, please?

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

The service is worse than non-existent, it was actively bad in so many ways. From just not calling back to incompetent techs (twice, including the entire reason the tech couldn't change the settings, I actually figured it out and explained it to the tech) to just inferior code, Jive has it all!

Here's the kicker; you cannot store ANY voice data until you go and activate (and configure, with zero support) an Amazon SAS account (don't quote me on the acct type) which is completely outside the realm of 'consumer' product.

I've gotten my pound of flesh for the loss to my income, I've personally been responsible for at least 3 businesses staying FAR away from Jive. Come to think of it, the name fits!

After exactly 23.5 hours of my time over 5 days on this (I kept track) I finally cut bait and got a Google Voice setup. You should to!

Pros

It had all the bells and whistles. Most importantly it had the ability to record all calls automatically-or so I thought.

Cons

Where do I start? If you're looking for a simple VoIP system, this will work! If you buy ONLY their phones, this will work! If you don't need to store any recordings (why else would you record, yes?) this works!

If you need to ANY of the above, run screaming from this app and this company.

Response from GoTo

Certainly not the experience we hope to provide. Sending a direct message to gather additional info and make sure any open account details are resolved.

Can you please provide your account name, reference ID, and best contact info. We'll have someone from our team make sure the account is resolved or closed out. Based on the review information sounds like you've switched providers.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Jive Support

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

We are a resell Jive Communications. We have done some complex installations and some very simple jobs. From 4 or 5 phones to 65 phones. Jive has done a great job on all.

Pros

When I have a question, i can call, get through to a tech and get my question answered. They will log on and look at issues with me rather than just wanting to fix it and move on. They take time to make sure I understand what is going on and how to fix an issue. Jive engineers are the most responsive I have ever worked with.

Cons

It seems to be limited to specific programs written by Jive for Jive. Some features that are standard on some are not available on the Jive software. Their engineers are willing to work on solutions or work arounds.

Michael
  • Industry: Utilities

The ease of the auto-attendant setup makes this the best telecom service around

Reviewed on 17/06/2018

Easy voip setup

Easy voip setup

Pros

The auto-attendant service has a graphic interface that is easier to use than any company we have dealt with. The free additional features is a big plus, where a lot of companies nickel and dime you. 24/7 customer support is helpful and allows you to configure off hours.

Cons

So far we have little to complain about. There is no cost effective way to run multiple phones for one individual, without paying multiple device fees. So if you have a phone in the office, and at home, you are paying double. A visual mapping of where calls are directed for an individually selected phone would be useful, but we haven't had any issues to complain about.

Carleen
  • Industry: Insurance

Great VoIP service with just a few tiny kinks that could be worked out!

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Overall I'm happy we switched from a landline system to Jive VoIP. Great phone quality, decent customer service. I'd recommend it!

Pros

It's super easy to use. Onboarding was easy (at first the rep wouldn't contact us and we had to chase someone down to help with onboarding), but overall they are kind and try to assist. Everyone on the phones seems very in-tune with the online system for setup and programming. Very little downtime (if ever--it has yet to go down since we signed up which was many many months ago), and voice quality is great.

Cons

There are a LOT of "incompatible routers", which is difficult because our router is provided by Comcast and is for business use. If they have so many incompatible routers, I wish they'd provide a list of compatible ones (there isn't one--except for a bunch that Jive sells on their end that is impossible to get quickly). Customer service, though helpful, often times requires a "ticket" and then takes a long time to get back to us.

John
  • Used for 2+ years

Solid VOIP System

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

My experience with Jive was a pleasant one. At the time it was a significant upgrade from our old system and is certainly an adequate solution for a small office with a VOIP need.

Pros

At the time that our firm made the switch to this system it was a major improvement to our old phone system. For the first time we were able to have custom call handling rules, we could assign temporary voicemails without terminating the standard voicemail, and we had the visibility to see if other team members were on the phone from our own desks.

Cons

What I have learned since moving on to a different software is that competitors allow much more customization in the dial plan, address book, e-faxing, and vacation planning. While this system is perfectly adequate for a home office or simple office, it is not conducive to a large network of employees.

Shanna
  • Industry: Legal Services

GoTo Connect to Your Clientele

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

GoToConnect is easy enough to integrate and use that I feel almost anyone can use it. I enjoyed launching it and training my team on it and got a lot of feedback from them as well about how functional it was for them.

Pros

GoTo Connect was easy for our remote team to all download on their computers and use at home. Due to Covid we went mobile with very little notice. This program was easy for our team to learn to use to make calls, create voicemails, manage call backs, etc. It was also easy for our leads and supervisors to monitor activity and follow up on our teams performance. We could control turning lines on and off easily.

Cons

Make it easier to transfer calls so that 3-way calls can be done and any party can drop off without the call ending.

Kris
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Jive Communications positive experience

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Pros

Jive did a great job of incentivizing making the change to VoIP with a great deal on the equipment needed to get started. They managed the set up process well and the customer support was excellent. Love the Management panel for building out answering queues, ring groups and auto attendants.

Cons

The Fax interface is not robust and is prone to crashing and needing to power cycle. We have had some marginal problems with quality from time to time and we did need to change our Router to a more expensive router to handle the phones. That was not clear from the beginning.