Smartsheet

4.5 (3,246)
Write a Review!
An online work execution platform for any size organization.

(3,246)
4.4/5

3246 Reviews for UK Users

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Insurance

Critical in daily management

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pros

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Cons

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Grace
Grace
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Smartsheet is a fantastic resource for teamwork

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Using Smartsheet, our team is able to centralize our paperwork, more accurately claim and monitor our work, improve our ability to interact with one another, and gain deeper insight into any lingering tasks.

Pros

The best part about using Smartsheets is that you can keep all of your information in one place, including notes, files, and contacts. The system is intuitive because it is laid out similarly to common spreadsheets but with additional features.

Cons

It's not simple to put in place. Only one person, in close collaboration with a SmartSheet expert, is responsible for initial setup and ongoing maintenance. It wouldn't be as useful to us without the assistance of a SmartSheet wizard available only to our internal staff.

Surace
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Brilliant Tool for Project Portfolio Management

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Task and project management.

Team communication.

Task and project management.

Team communication.

Pros

Ever since I started using Smartsheet, it has never been hectic to manage tasks and projects.

Cons

Smartsheet is the most iconic tool that barely has any drawback.

Steven
  • Industry: Design

Average user using time and expense tracking

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Pros

Seems to have a lot of functionality. Ability to track a team's time is useful.

Cons

Some things are not as easy to use as I would like.
Also, I have accidentally committed forms unintentionally.

Tichaona Redemptor
Tichaona Redemptor
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Another task management tool to try out.

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Very exciting and very educational. i would recommend it to my fellow it friends.

Pros

You can share your tasks with your team members and stakeholders, and communicate with them using comments and attachments. You can create custom reports and dashboards to monitor your tasks and metrics in real time.

Cons

No Time Tracking or Resource Management: Smartsheet does not have built-in features for time tracking or resource management, which are important for managing project costs and availability. Users need to use add-ons or integrations for these functions.

Trello, Float, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

TO check out, more software's that is in the category of task management.

Trello, Float, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

It has a reasonable budget plan for any average user.
Bonnie

Exceptional Project Management Platform.

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

I like how it's simple now to view work status with Smartsheet.

I like how it's simple now to view work status with Smartsheet.

Pros

It is simple to plan and manage daily tasks and projects with Smartsheet smartly.It is simple to organize projects and workflows efficiently with Smartsheet.Smartsheet enhance seamless team collaboration.

Cons

Smartsheet makes project management process to be easier thus no downside to highlight.

Alex

Smartsheet in Construction Project Management

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Pros

It has been effective and straightforward to plan, manage and track projects with Smartsheet.

Cons

Managing programs in my industry has never been hectic ever since I started using Smartsheet.

Victor
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Iconic & Tremendous Tool for PM & TM

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Pros

Smartsheet has enabled me to automate over 90% of task and project management procedures.

Cons

Ever since I joined my current organization as an Intern, Smartsheet has never failed me.

Emily
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Helpful tool

Reviewed on 21/05/2024

Pros

Project tracking with completion. Communication through email when tasks are updated. Ease of assigning tasks to others to complete. Being able to share information in the form of attaching documents to each line item is helpful.

Cons

Without a user license you miss a lot of key features. A bit difficult to learn formulas (like Excel but harder).

Alyssa
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It's alright for my user role

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

I don't use Smartsheet very often - it's mostly a way for our client to communicate different details of a project with us as an agency to assist them in building out sites, etc.

Pros

It's a good place to organize and share workflow. It's a good way to have a shared area to conveniently update info in real time without needing to send emails every time.

Cons

On my end it's not a super necessary tool, but our client uses it as a way to organize their workflow.

Rick

Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

Pros

Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

Cons

Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

We still use Sharepoint for some internal PMO functions but it is too slow. Smartsheet is much faster and more efficient for most of our processes
Sara
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Love the versatility

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

Pros

I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

Cons

All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Agile CRM

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ability to be a wiki spreadsheet overall won our vote. Its for people who use both left and right brain.
Kristie
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

Cons

I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for.

I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Cory

Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Pros

Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

Cons

I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Microsoft Project and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Salesforce functionality relies on two (negative) criteria: 1) you track everything related to the project within Salesforce; 2) to track everything, you have to purchase access to modules that would otherwise be unnecessary.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The ROI was greater with Smartsheet.
Andy
Andy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A must-have tool for project management!

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

By being able to check the progress of tasks in detail (confirmation of delays), it was possible to allocate human resources optimally. In a project with a fixed release schedule, it is necessary to move forward efficiently, so I am very grateful to be able to understand this. A convenient editing function that allows multiple people to edit at the same time online and a free sharing setup with no limit to the number of people. A Gantt chart can be created intuitively.

Pros

It is mainly used for the management of projects that occur frequently in the company. The main tasks of each project and the secondary tasks linked to them can be managed in detail and in a visual and easy-to-understand way, which is useful to understand the progress and bottlenecks of the project. It is nice to see alerts for overdue tasks.Additionally, a lot of templates are available that can be used for any project, which is very helpful.

Cons

The templates are perfect, but there were many times when I hesitated because I often wondered which template to use in the first place. I thought it would be nice to have a feature that would recommend this template for such a project.

Jira

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

The user interface is good. There are several project management tools, but if you want to manage a project with a relatively long time period and detailed tasks, I think this tool is the only choice.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

I used it to see the approximate schedule of tasks, plus set due dates for individual tickets. Gantt charts are often handled in duplicate with other tools, but we were able to minimize the burden because it was easy to create.
Lillian
Lillian

There is no better chart manager than Smartsheet

Reviewed on 26/07/2023

Smartsheet helps me keep track of and prioritize my work throughout the day. It's a breeze compared to other applications I've used. The UI is straightforward and simple to use, making it a breeze to pick up and run with. The help desk staff is available at all hours.

Pros

Smartsheet is an excellent program for managing both individual projects and entire portfolios. I appreciate how simple it is to deploy and organize. It's convenient because we can oversee all of our work whenever we choose. New assignments can be made and distributed to coworkers with minimal effort.

Cons

The learning curve for this program is steep, so it's best to have some background knowledge before diving in. We need the license to include training materials so that we may save money by not hiring an outside company to teach our new hires the ropes.

Amanda
Amanda

Smartsheet streamlines our project processes

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Smartsheet has simplified our team's ability to collaborate by allowing us to easily share and trade spreadsheets and datasheets. The data can only be seen and changed by authorized users.

Pros

The software provides an intuitive user interface and a wide variety of tools for data visualization and management, including dashboards, grantt charts, and data suttles. What I like best about Smartsheet is how it helps us streamline our project operations, especially while working on a particularly difficult or complex endeavor.

Cons

Microsoft Excel's formula functions differ from those in other spreadsheet programs, which might be confusing to beginners. When several, sophisticated formulas are included in the data sheet, its storage capacity is quickly exhausted. The sheet needs to be refreshed regularly to ensure that the data is displayed accurately.

Omar
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Smartsheets for everyday management

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

Pros

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Cons

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Clarity Software, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality
Sadaf
Sadaf

SmartSheet- Highly recommended Project Management Software

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

We have a global team of collaborators often working on the same document. SmartSheet, being a web-based collaborative tool makes it effortless to delegate and track tasks, allocate resources, and oversee budget in a concise form. The transparency in this tool is exemplary as one can view activity logs and track changes. Unlike its main competitor MS Project, SmartSheet is capable of tracking real-time workflow wherein changes made by one individual can be reflected across the entire team in an instant.
It functions spectacularly on a range of operating systems (I use it on iOS as well) and has proven to be a cohesive platform to visualize project data in real time, all in one place for all relevant team members to view and work on. I would highly recommend SmartSheet for teams who are looking for project management software that requires minimum training with maximum output.

Pros

SmartSheet is a cloud-based tool that helps Project Managers better align their resources, cost and time. Being a part of a virtual team responsible for collaborating whilst managing critical projects, Smartsheet has been indispensable in helping us track project timeline through interactive Gantt charts, establish critical paths, manage team resources, analyze budget and costs, in addition, to document sharing through OneDrive, Skype and even the app.
It is definitely reliable, has a simple user interface, flexibility in function, offers real-time data tracking through dashboards and training additional collaborators is uncomplicated. I love how SmartSheet offers a powerful conditional formatting feature, visualization of data that is editable and printable for presentations and has a spreadsheet-like interface (like Excel) yet is straightforward, unlike its counterparts.
Another thumbs up feature is that SmartSheet offers a 30-day trial wherein full functionality can be tested and project plans produced before actually investing in the software!

Cons

Our firm works from Sunday to Thursday (unlike the USA) and though they are advised well ahead, maintenance windows don't always align with our schedule, and we have to work around that. One attribute that can definitely be improved is the option of turning on auto-save, instead of manually saving the document. Often the development of a comprehensive project plan across several collaborators is quite intense and even if one of them fails to manually save the document, it is quite a hassle.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent project management tool!

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I joined my team in 2017 and was asked to establish our PM management system - knowing that I didn't have the budget for some of the more robust tools, I needed to find one that wasn't only user friendly but had all the capabilities I needed to create the complex timelines and reporting that I needed. Smartsheet was recommended to me and when I finally did a walk through I felt like it would be the perfect fit for my needs. Since then, I've been able to setup the platform and project management system for my team and we adjust it as needed along the way with ease. We also have been able to find uses outside of my project management needs to track form responses and other data management needs.

Pros

easy to set-up processes, ongoing product improvements and additions, great team capabilities, quick and easy adoption due to familiarity of tool to MS Project/Excel style, many different uses outside of projects timelines, very cost effective

Cons

interface feels dated (although they're continuously working on this) and not created for non-project team members, dashboard tool and capabilities could use some improvements, sometimes creating cross-functional sheets can be clunky and unnecessarily complex.

Carissa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Very robust collaboration tool

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Pros

Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

Cons

One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Furniture

A flexible tool only limited by your imagination and ability with formulae

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Smartsheet has been transformational for our business. As a small bespoke kitchen manufacturer (21 staff) we have some industry specific software for design and quoting, but most out of the box ERP software doesn't fit. We don't have an IT department so anything we use needs to be robust, and my background in programming has enabled us to implement some nifty systems using Smartsheet, but without the hassle of actually writing and then maintaining our own programs. Excel just doesn't compare, and is not cloud native so just doesn't work so well even in Office 365. We genuinely cannot live without it.

Pros

Cloud based - available everywhere to everyone
Flexibility - it's not only a project management tool, it can do most things that Excel can do, but often better. Specifically column formulae are a fantastic recent addition that enables sheets to become almost unbreakable

Cons

Nothing major. There are some minor gripes:
- Slack integration doesn't allow tagging of individuals, and cannot allow a variable to determine which channel to send the message to
- Cannot yet control heirarchy with formulae, I hope this function will come eventually

Daryl Edwine
Daryl Edwine
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Smartsheet: a flexible and collaborative project management platform for businesses.

Reviewed on 22/03/2023

Pros

Flexibility: Smartsheet offers the flexibility to create customised spreadsheets, Gantt charts, dashboards and forms to meet specific needs. We can customise the platform to fit their unique workflow.Collaboration: Smartsheet enables real-time collaboration, with tools to share spreadsheets, files and tasks with team members, and to collaborate on projects simultaneously.Automation: Smartsheet enables task and workflow automation, using rules and alerts to send notifications and trigger actions based on certain conditions.Integrations: Smartsheet integrates easily with other project management, CRM, cloud storage and other applications to enable a seamless user experience and collaboration.Analytics: Smartsheet provides analytics and reporting capabilities to track and evaluate project performance, which can help users identify issues and make informed decisions.Overall, Smartsheet is a valuable project management platform for teams looking to improve their project collaboration, planning and execution, with great flexibility, automation and analysis tools, and ease of use.

Cons

Learning curve: Smartsheet is a complex tool that may take some time to get used to its features and interface. we may need training or assistance to fully use the platform.Limited customisation: Although Smartsheet offers many customisation options, some features may be difficult to customise to meet specific needs. we may also need advanced technical skills to make advanced customisations.Feature dependency: Smartsheet is a very feature-dependent platform that requires regular updates to stay current. We run into problems if we don't have the latest version of the application or if certain plug-ins or extensions are not compatible.Limitations of the free version: The free version of Smartsheet may be limited in terms of storage, project sharing and advanced features. We may need to upgrade to a paid version to access more advanced features.In summary, although Smartsheet is a very useful project management platform for teams, we encounter drawbacks such as high costs, a learning curve, limitations on customisation or dependencies on features and regular updates.

Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Thanks to several useful features, the team members are able to proficiently handle the...

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

Using Smartsheet has made our work progress much smoother and improved our ability to coordinate daily tasks. Furthermore, real-time updates allow us to take corrective actions to avoid potential delays.

Pros

It is wonderful that with Smartsheet, the interface can be easily customized, which helps us prepare it in a way that suits the nature of the tasks we follow. I love the fact that automation simplifies all administrative procedures and allows the management of the workflow, linking the tasks collected from team members with logical relationships. It is also great that there are many ways to display task schedules, which facilitates the follow-up dates and determining outstanding activities. I also appreciate how Smartsheet deals with project data, as it enables us to withdraw data from multiple sources and provides a strict permissible system that helps us maintain the privacy of data and identify people who are allowed to make adjustments to them. I also love how Smartsheet can link the workflow with emails and the ability to add documents and comments, which greatly helps in organizing the team's efforts. dashboards are also distinctive, as they are easy to customize to include information, graphic fees, and tables that we want to highlight.

Cons

While there are some imperfections with Smartsheet, the constant upgrades and addition of new features help to mitigate these issues. Although the learning curve may be challenging for some users initially, with continuous practice and guidance, the procedures become easier

Yevstakhii

My expirience of use Smartsheet

Reviewed on 21/05/2023

Smartsheet is a widely used collaborative work management platform that offers a range of features to help teams plan, track, and manage projects effectively. Here are some aspects of Smartsheet that I have highlighted as positive experiences:Powerful project management capabilities: Smartsheet provides users with a comprehensive set of project management tools. I can create and assign tasks, set due dates, establish dependencies, and track progress. The platform offers flexible views, such as Gantt charts and Kanban boards, allowing me to visualize and manage their projects in a way that suits my preferences.Seamless collaboration and communication: Smartsheet enables teams to collaborate efficiently and communicate effectively. I can share sheets with team members, allowing real-time collaboration on tasks and projects. The platform supports commenting, file attachments, and discussion threads, fostering collaboration and reducing the need for multiple communication tools.Customization and automation: Smartsheet offers customization options that allow users to tailor their workspaces and workflows to their specific needs. I can create custom templates, define automation rules, and set up workflows to streamline my processes. These features enable teams to automate repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and standardize their work.

Pros

1. Project and task management: Smartsheet provides robust project and task management capabilities. I can create and assign tasks, set due dates, track progress, and manage dependencies. The platform offers various views, such as Gantt charts and Kanban boards, to help visualize and manage projects effectively.2. Collaboration and communication: Smartsheet enables seamless collaboration among team members. I can share sheets, collaborate in real-time, and provide comments or feedback directly on tasks. The platform also supports file attachments and discussion threads, facilitating effective communication and reducing the need for multiple tools.3. Customizable workflows and automation: Smartsheet offers customizable workflows and automation features that allow users to streamline their processes. I can set up automated notifications, reminders, and approval workflows, saving time and ensuring tasks progress smoothly.

Cons

1. Limited customization options: While Smartsheet provides customization options, I have expressed a desire for more flexibility in tailoring the platform to my specific needs. For example, I have requested additional customization options for visual elements, user interface, and form designs.2. Formatting limitations: I have occasionally faced challenges with formatting and layout options in Smartsheet. For complex or detailed formatting requirements, I have found the platform's capabilities to be somewhat limited compared to dedicated spreadsheet software.3. Performance with large datasets: Smartsheet's performance may be affected when working with extensive datasets, particularly in terms of loading times and responsiveness. I work with sizable projects or large amounts of data and have occasional delays or sluggishness.