Capsule

Take care of your customers and sales opportunities

4.6/5
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

Dave S.

Simple and Functional

Reviewed on 07/09/2020

My needs for tracking client opportunities are simple and this CRM does everything I need of it. I mainly use it for recording my meetings and coaching sessions with my clients. This functionality is easy to use and it is easy to search clients later to see what was last talked about.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to set up, very simple to use and I like it's integration with Xero.

Cons

Sending email from the system get stored in dropbox, not ideal if you don't use dropbox

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

it was the easiest to use and the price point was great.

Response from Zestia

Hi Dave,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you like the integration with Xero. In terms of the Drop Box I have good news as the Capsule Drop Box is not the same as the file storage service Dropbox.com. The Capsule Drop Box is effectively an email address that you use to BCC or forward your emails to which in turn stores them against the relevant contact in your Capsule account. This is what non-google users use for storing emails. You can learn more about storing emails using the Capsule Mail Drop Box here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/setup-and-configuration/storing-emails/#understanding-the-mail-drop-box.
If they are finding that emails aren't being stored on their contacts as expected, could you please email [email protected] and we can investigate further.

Andre M.

EASY AS PIE

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

has been great to work with and easy to operate

Pros

Super easy to start using , the pipeline is the best way to keep track of sales process and visually easy to keep track of

Cons

I feel it needs to automatically remind me of thing, I use this to track inquiries and sometimes people fall through the cracks. if for some reason I forget to start an opportunity I won't see the customer on the sales pipeline, maybe its just the way im using this.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andre,

Thanks for writing a review and we're glad that you've found Capsule easy to get to grips with. Moving on to creating Opportunities - There's no in-built functionality in Capsule that will automatically create opportunities from new contacts I'm afraid. Our advice is generally to only add an opportunity once the lead has been nurtured or qualified as a viable sales opportunity - this is to prevent your Capsule account filling up with opportunities that never get off the ground. What you're looking to do can be achieved, but it requires the use of a 3rd party tool called Zapier. Are you familiar with Zapier at all? To explain Zapier is what we call an integration platform which connects different services that don't normally have their own integrations with each other and they support Capsule. Check them out here: https://zapier.com
You can create a zap that each time a new contact is added to Capsule it triggers an action of a new opportunity being created.

James P.

One of the best CRMs I've ever used

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros

I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Cons

I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons.

Kate P.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

A Great Organizational Tool!

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Multiple people in our organization are points of contact for a client, so Capsule has helped us to be able to document and share information among our team. It is easy to use, and allows us to capture all of the important information for our clients.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, and we have had great success with using it to communicate internally to better serve our clients. The calendar view for tasks is my favorite to stay on top of everything.

Cons

I would like to see an added feature of being able to pin notes to the top of the home page for a Person/Organization.

Response from Zestia

Hi Kate,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for writing a review. Also, thanks for the suggestion about being able to pin a note - while it's not something we have in our pipeline at the moment, I've recorded it as a feature request. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use and that it's helping you to communicate better as a business. I'll definitely pass on that feedback to the rest of the team too.

Jason B.

Stands out from the crowd

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Having used a number of CRMs, Capsule has stood out as an excellent all round package. The interface is accessible and easy to navigate, whilst the settings are in-depth enough to allow for professional alterations tailored to any particular cause. We are a charity and use it to track our philanthropic relationships, donations and overall workload. One of it's best features is how easy it is to assign and track tasks, and manage multiple shared relationships and communications across a large team. Thanks to Capsule, I know for certain it's helped us to better achieve our goals.

Pros

It can be tailored to a significant extent
Easy to track relationships and communications
Easy to assign and track tasks
Nice light easy to navigate interface

Cons

It's export functionalities and query are somewhat limited

Been using Capsule for over two years, and it's easy to track leads, clients and tasks per...

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

Cost efficient way to keep daily tasks organized.

Pros

The best thing about Capsule is how helpful it is with keeping me organized. We have over 100 clients that I need to keep track of. With each client at a different phase, it could become overwhelming to keep track of all of the details. Capsule helps me stay on top of everything

Cons

Tracking emails is a little cumbersome. I BCC a capsule email address associated with a project. When a client replies to that email the BCC is not copied, so that email does not get tracked. I could copy the email address, but that is not something I want the client to see,

Rebecca H.

Super helpful!

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Pros

The UI/UX is exactly what we needed!

This software brings together our sales and marketing department and shows transparently and where we are in the business - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

There is nothing that we wish we had or could improve on :-)

Response from Zestia

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for writing a review - I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments about the UI/UX to our designers.

Angela C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

It has helped us stream line and keep great work flow.

Pros

What I like most is keeping notes and tracking all phone calls and customer interaction with ease to follow up.

Cons

Possibly a way to add photos to activity log.

Response from Zestia

Hi Angela,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the feedback we receive. We're really glad that Capsule is helping you to keep track of customer interactions. As for adding photos to the activity log, you can attach files such as photos, pdfs etc. when you are logging the activity. Would this help you out? If you'd like any more help with this please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help you out.

Cecile S.
  • Industry: Market Research

A user-friendly CRM

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Pros

Very useful for contact management, also to manage opportunities and tasks

Cons

Easier integration with MS Outlook to save "sent" emails

Response from Zestia

Hi Cecile,

Thanks for reviewing Capsule. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule useful for managing contacts, opportunities and tasks. As for an integration with MS Outlook while it's not currently available it's very much on our radar for future enhancements.

Julie C.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy to use client management

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Easy to capture important client notes, follow up items and important stuff like their pets' names.

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive, has all the features I need for my small business

Cons

Can't think of any improvements I need at the moment

Response from Zestia

Hi Julie,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for reviewing us. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and it's helping you capture important details!

Mauk V.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Go for it and keep track of all your contacts for years!

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Pros

Ease of use and complete history of all my contacts over years.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. So keep this up!

Response from Zestia

Hi Mauk,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we're happy that you find Capsule easy to use and that it helps you to keep track of your contacts!

Mike R.

Works great and simple to use

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Technically it has always worked great and customer service is always prompt and very friendly.

Pros

Very easy to use. Not as complicated as other CRM's.

Cons

Wish it was easier to delete files that are no longer needed to save space.

Harold S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Capsule CRM

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

As a new business, we have to track our opportunities, closing ratios, products, and the health of our opportunities without having to search several databases to obtain this information. It's right there!

Pros

We reviewed several CRM's and found Capsule to be extremely user-friendly, able to interact with other services flawlessly. It wasn't a chore to go enter information, it's very intuitive.

Cons

Sometimes you have to make some modifications or add additional data to reflect your business, but when you reach out to their customer service, they are outstanding.

Response from Zestia

Hi Harold,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we really appreciate that. It's so nice to hear that you find Capsule user-friendly and intuitive. As always is you need any help with further customisation then don't hesitate to reach out to the team again. I'll be sure to pass on the excellent feedback regarding our support team!

David F.

Great Small Business CRM

Reviewed on 29/08/2011

I really like CapsuleCRM. I've used Salesforce, Zoho, TactileCRM, Goldmine (years ago) and CapsuleCRM is so far the best in the small business market. It has a very easy interface to use, great tagging and list tagging capabilities. Easy to integrate via email or API. The only negative right now is it doesn't have security, any user with access can see everything and do everything. It's fine for small business but if you require security, I don't think you can use CapsuleCRM until they add that feature. Luckily for me our sales team is open so we can use this great tool, I hope they add security soon so we don't have to leave this product when we our sales team expands and we will need more security control.

Pros

The best thing I like about it is the dropbox and being able to leverage email to create notes, opportunities, tasks and the best part is that it auto-creates the customer if they don't exist. Also the pipeline tracking with milestones are great.

Cons

They really need to add access control and security. Right now everything is wide open which is fine for a small business but as a business grows, it will be key to have the security. I hope they add it soon.

Graham H.

Excellent basic CRM tool

Reviewed on 06/01/2016

I have used Capsule for over 5 years and have a database of over 10,000 contacts. It is easy to use, has a clear and attractive interface, s very reliable and has great customer support.

Pros

Very reasonable subscription cost (USD12 per user per month)
Good task management system
Fast
God and easy reporting
Easy export, good import
Good integration with external programs (I use MailChimp and Xero)

Cons

No HTML on stored emails
Very limited boolean filtering on lists

Juliusz D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great product, easy to use for basic CRM

Reviewed on 30/06/2017

Organizes my work and contacts with ease, but some features are more difficult to find.

Pros

Easy to use, basic CRM functions, well-organized system perfect for most small to medium businesses.

Cons

You need to dig inside of the system to find certain features. Other than this, I'm pleased with this software.

Its good but it can be un-intuitive sometimes

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Capsule is the CRM system where I work. It is good, but it is frustrating and could be a lot better. It could be we need to spend more time configuring it, but we have problems of deciding what is a case an opportunity or a lead. It does integrate with a lot of other software we use, so the only reason the company stick with it. Functions like retrieving entries image from LinkedIn never work. If you like the colour orange then capsule is for you, and if you don't, get a different CRM system.

Pros

Integrates with many other applications.
Easy to use API

Cons

Bit of an eyesore design
unintuitive

Andy M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Essential software for any business owner

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Managing leads and customer contact.

Pros

The ability to keep on top of leads and track their progress and customise the pipeline titles.

Cons

Office 365 integration should be built in to sync contacts and other data.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andy,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate it and are glad that Capsule is helping you to keep on top of your leads.

Steve M.

Excellent for bootstrapped budgets

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

In these early days, we need a CRM to help us keep track of our interactions with our growing user base. Capsule CRM allows us to easily record customer details via their API and log all emails using the drop box email address. It's a really simple-to-use bit of kit and has helped us achieve our goals. Would recommend!

Pros

The features we needed for our small user base are free, I really hope we can join a paid plan and support this product!

Brett W.

Not sure about this one!

Reviewed on 14/05/2016

I have been trying to use capsule on and off for a few years now. Unfortunately as I deal direct with the end user I have found capsule quite taxing as it is set up for business to business use! After following their instructions I then ended up with hundreds of duplicate accounts.

Pros

Great value for money

Cons

Not for B2C businesses

Josephine-marie M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used for 6-12 months

LOVE it!!

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Pros

I like this software on how it organizes the email and sale everything for me so I don't have to go looking for the things that is needed for sales. It helps with staying on track with the customers

Cons

the only thing that is least liked is the calendar but other then that everything is good.

Elle R.

Simple to use

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

Very basic CRM tool. Get for lead management . The free version is great for organizing my contacts and opportunities.

Cons

The app could use improvements. I like to be able to work on the go. Wish the contacts could be integrated with the ones in my phone.

Siiri nathalie B.

Great system!

Reviewed on 25/04/2015

I have been using Capsule CRM in my previous job and we were happy to see how easy to use it was aswell as very compatible with our needs.
The system allows an easy overview of customers/clients/contacts and with the integration with e.g Zendesk we were able to support our technical team.
If you are a SMB you will find everything you need to run a smooth operation with Capsule. Keep tags with correspondance, pipeline, tasks etc.

Nice design

Reviewed on 27/08/2015

Jacob G.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Pros

We are a small company. Capsule has helped us stay organized in our sales approach. It is highly customizable, integrates fairly well with gmail and google calendar, and it is simple enough to easily navigate and stay focused on the task at hand. Highly recommended.