Intuitive HR & Payroll software

4.6/5

161 Reviews for UK Users

Suzanne S.
  • Industry: Machinery

Fully integrated HR platform and exceptional customer service!! Unheard of combo until...

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Sentric has consistently offered a manageable platform form for integrated HR services (payroll, benefits, etc.) combined with easy to use self-service features but the greatest value Sentric provides is in their customer service. They offer proactive training sessions and respond quickly to any and all issues. They truly offer best in class service in addition to a strong HRIS platform.

Pros

Ease of administration for a full integrated HRIS platform...payroll processes seamlessly based on the time and attendance module, open enrollment is no longer painful, data is easily accessible through standard and custom reporting features, and tax filings are completed faster than ever assuring compliance.

Cons

The only "negative" which really isn't a negative is the implementation process. It can feel overwhelming to have so many options, particularly when you are a small organization, but the implementation team is there every step of the way to guide you and ensure you are set up for success on the system for your current and future needs.

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much, Suzanne! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review.

Karen S.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Very happy with SentricHR!

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Very happy! Transitioning payroll/HR services is a big task, but it was broken into several chunks and was a lot easier on my end then I thought it would be. Lots of handholding, never felt like I was asking stupid questions... each part of the team was patient and knowledgeable and guided me through the transition at a pace I controlled.

Pros

Simplicity plus versatility. It fit our payroll structure and was easy to understand and use. Integration team a HUGE plus! Never felt lost (or if I did, an email or call for help was quickly answered)

Cons

On my original list of Pros/Cons, inability to provide admin for Workers Comp/FSA/Cobra/401k was a Con. I was looking for administative help with that stuff. But as integration progressed, Sentric introduced frequently-used third parties which could provide those services. The services were reasonably priced, contacts were friendly and responsive... and erased my last point of hesitation about going with SentricHR.

Paychex Flex and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

ADP sucks. It's confusing, non-intuitive and harder than it has to be. And customer service is a long wait.

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Liked all the bells and whistles of TotalSource, but knew it would be pain and suffering to continue to work with ADP. I had used Sentric before and missed the flexibility and "comfort" of knowing my way around the software. I found what we were looking for with SentricHR and partners, and for a lower price and without joining a PEO.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, Karen! Our Implementations team works hard to meet expectations, and we are happy to hear they were able to make your transition to SentricHR an easy one. We are glad to be working with you again and look forward to our continued partnership!

Nicole K.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Sentric Payroll Experience

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Pros

The features that are most important to me are the reporting and viewing a user. You are able to make an ad hoc report with all the information in the system. You can also view the user to see what they see . This makes sure they are set up correctly.

Cons

If you create an ad hoc report with to much information it can take a long time for it to produce. This does not happen to much anymore but did when I first started. (Might have been user error).

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your feedback, Nicole!

Derek A.

The entire platform needs an improvement from web portal to mobile application.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Adding data into a central location.

Pros

I like that I can see my PTO and W2 information. I can easily review my teams hours for the previous and current pay period.

Cons

* Mobile application on android is flakey and disconnects constantly even though GPS /location services are enabled.

* There are many times I used the mobile app and it caused multiple punches which in the end annoys me and HR to fix.

* Everytime I submit a review for an employee, I get an error to contact the system admin. By the way I am the director of IT and this is super annoying to have managers call my department for software that is not managed by us.

* after submitting a review the format is stripped and becomes a huge paragraph and hard to actually conduct a review. You should keep the format or all HTML.

* Employees that are salary should be able to manage there own time and fix there mistakes in punching in and out. I have to review and approve anyways later for payroll. This is an extra step that causes distractions for both management and employee.

* The web interface is not responsive.

* the home page should nit display any sensitive information, because when I am conducting a review, I have to login to my account. Employees should never see my PTO.

* Its easy to see how much hours my employee works in time and attendance, but its harder to see my own time per pay period, Why?

* It was not intuitive to find how to create additional punches or modify segments. having an icon or visual display would help.

I have more to add, you can give me a call.

Justin B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent Software with Many Options

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

The staff at Sentric have been incredibly responsive and friendly. They are more than ready to take time out of their day to help with a solution of any kind. If the company doesn't have an immediate solution for an issue, they are willing to brainstorm and come up with solutions not only to better our experience but to use to improve the experiences of other companies. They do not shirk the chance to develop new avenues to improve overall customer experience.

Pros

The ease of use as well as the clarity with which things are presented, both from an administrative position and an employee position, is a breath of fresh air compared to the system we were using previously. It's an open environment with a lot of room for customization which can help us to engage employees in using the software as well as adapt to our ongoing needs.

Cons

We are missing a few specific integrations for our company's needs but nothing that we can't work around. The staff at Sentric are already helping us to build out some solutions for the missing pieces.

UKG Ready, Oracle PeopleSoft and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Customer service with Paycor was like continuously ramming your head into a brick wall. We were assigned no fewer than three different specialists as our main point of contact over my tenure here and none of them were responsive. When they did respond to a specific problem, their suggestion was usually to call the main support line. We received no personalized service and their messaging was always very unclear. The left hand never knew what the right hand was doing and they would constantly lead us on wild goose chases and hours on hold to deal with even the simplest of issues.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

We determined that SentricHR gave the most bang for our buck and matched best with our company's needs. Definitely the most affordable and best solution in the mid-market range.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for your thoughtful review, Justin! We really appreciate it, and we are glad you are having a great experience so far. We look forward to a longstanding partnership!

Anthony B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

SentricHR a great resource for our small non-profit.

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

SentricHR has allowed us to have the same HRIS capabilities as large companies have. It has transformed our on-boarding process from a time consuming manual, paper-driven process into a faster and more efficient electronic process. This has been especially great during Covid remote work. We haven't missed a beat these past two years in large part due to Sentric HR.

Pros

SentricHR is a very user friendly platform that captures all the areas of HRIS functions that we need in order to run a small, non-profit business.

Cons

Overall, SentricHR is a great product. If there was one area of improvement that I would recommend would be the ability to do more functions on the same screen without having to click back/forth as much.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your review, Anthony. We are glad to hear that SentricHR made a difference during remote work environment, and we look forward to helping you continue to transform your HR processes!

Christina D.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Why we chose SentricHR

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

So far we have been very happy with what we have and are learning more about the features on a daily basis. The video tutorials are very helpful.

Pros

The software is intuitive when set-up correctly. Corrections can be made early on after deployment.

Cons

Currently we have not experienced any issues with the software.

Paycom and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Their system is very antiquated and MS Dynamics will no longer support their own system.

Price was a factor.

Response from Sentric

We are happy to hear that you've been satisfied so far, Christina, and we look forward to working with you as you discover all that SentricHR has to offer! Thanks for your review.

Nick D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

very nice package

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

WE are very new at it but i do have to say the implementation specialist is great.

Pros

all the features that tie into each other and easy of use for employees

Cons

The complication of scheduling in time and attendance and the fact we can't start adding entries into the next payroll without missing new employee entries or changes to rates.

ADP Workforce Now and Paycor Talent Development

fort he HR side

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Local company with great references.
Mike A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Sentric

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

Pros

I liked the step by step implementation

Cons

There is not a lot that I do not like as we did not have an HCM before this.

Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Wanted a great local product

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your review, Mike! We look forward to a longstanding partnership.

Rahim B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Database Software "SentricHR"

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

I like this software, it works well and makes my job get done.

Pros

It's fantastic for keeping track of salary and benefits. Team of this software always kind and helpful, and I enjoy how the software is laid out.

Cons

I haven't faced with any serious problem yet.

Adrianne L.

Sentric is a fabulous choice for ease of use and integration

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

The whole team from start to finish was STELLAR! They were friendly, helpful, and really took the time to make sure I understood how to set up different areas of the system. The training offered is great - I can watch a video on my own time, or schedule something one on one, or sign up for a live webinar.

Pros

Shopping for HRIS software is time-consuming. You will find that some have a lot of bells and whistles - then you dig into the demo and realize it is clunky and difficult to navigate and there are major pieces missing.
SentricHR is the most complete HRIS software out there - they cover payroll, performance, benefits, onboarding, document storage, and probably more that I am leaving out. SentricHR was super easy to work with and answered every question in a timely manner.

Cons

This is silly, but it times out after 5 minutes if you are not active on the screen. This is for security purposes - but I am the type of person to work on 3 different screens and I work on one screen for a bit then come back to another screen to work - so it is a bit frustrating to have to log back in when I have not been active on the screen - but I am getting used to this and I understand the reasoning.

Dayforce HCM, Zenefits, Rippling and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

Does not combine payroll, benefits, onboarding, or document storage. The performance piece is too deep for our needs so we did not utilize it to the fullest extent.

Performance Pro

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

The contained the entire package of HR Products that I was looking for.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Adrianne! Our Product Team works really hard to consistently meet expectations like yours, and we are thrilled to hear that SentricHR is hitting the mark for you and your team! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and look forward to a long-standing partnership.

Trisha G.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Value System!

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Overall, the implementation process went very smoothly. Everything progressed according to the initial timeline we put in place. There were a few snags along the way when the capabilities the system offered didn't line up with the promises made by the sales team. While most are not game changers, there were a couple that were heavier considerations in my decision making of which system to use, and if I'd known the actual system capabilities, I can't say for sure whether I would have made the same decision.

Pros

This system looks like it will grow easily with our company. It has more indepth features than many of the systems I looked at.

Cons

The ease of use is restricted somewhat. It sounds like a little thing, but you can't hit "Enter" as an input button, you have to use the mouse to click on a tiny arrow or a submit button each time. Just makes everything take a little bit longer.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with so much detail, Trisha, it's much appreciated. Our team works really hard to exceed expectations, and we truly value your feedback. Your comments have been passed along to the appropriate people to review.

Heather C.

Great product - very customizable

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

There were more limitations than what the sales person stated when I got my pitch and during the demo. I believe this is just a disconnect from sales to daily usage from an HR perspective. It would be nice for them to hire HR professionals to demo/sell their product if that is their target market.

Overall, I really love the system. For the big HR tasks, they really hit the mark. For the tedious day-to-day, they could use some upgrading. I would absolutely recommend this product to other organizations.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, not only for the adminstrators, but also for the individual employee. The app is GREAT! Works extremely well and can do almost everything you can do from the web version.
Build team was fantastic to work with. I have a very complicated report that they were able to create in the Time platform so that this could be automated. The Performance Management platform is extremely customizable to multiple job positions.

Cons

Missed punches in the Time platform are tedious and time consuming. There is no way for the employee to enter a missed punch on their own. They have to email their supervisor to let them know and/or the supervisor has to track down the employee when reviewing the time card.

The Help center seems to only touch on the basics. For the more in depth questions (not specific to my company), I still have to reach out to customer service for help. While they are extremely nice, helpful, and timely, I would like to find out more on my own and not have to submit a ticket and wait for someone to get back to me.

PurelyHR, Namely, BambooHR, BirdDog, Eddy, OnePoint HCM and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing SentricHR

We were transitioning to a full HRIS from a payroll/time keeping only platform and manual spreadsheets.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

The implementation and annual PEPM fees were much lower than the others and I had more options. There was no restriction on document storage space. Some of the others focused on more of the applicant tracking side and not so much the HR daily. The platform itself was much easier to look at and use for the average employee.

Response from Sentric

Thank you for putting so much thought and effort into your post, Heather. We're looking forward to continuing to grow our partnership with you and your team! Thanks for the constructive comments as well - we take them seriously and appreciate the candid feedback. They've been passed on to the appropriate people to review.

Brandon M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Sentric has been very beneficial for us going from just a payroll system to an HR/payroll system, and we’ve added more features over the years. Sentric has allowed us to streamline our processes, assist in compliance and reporting, and gives us information at our fingertips. The customer support is quick and responsive, and I get connected with the right person to help me every time. And on top of all of that, Sentric keeps improving and developing their software.

Pros

I like that we are able to house a lot of information in one place. This makes it easy to access and use for streamlining processes, reporting, and getting information.
The document feature has been really nice, and I look forward to additional updates. It's helping us head towards paperless, and it makes it more convenient as we are spread out over multiple states.
We recently added the recruitment module and that has been very helpful for our recruiting and compliance efforts.
Customer support is very prompt and helpful. When I was first looking at HR/payroll software options, I wanted a dedicated customer service rep, and so I wasn't happy when Sentric initially changed their model. However, having working with them for a couple years, I do really like the customer support, because I'm dealing with an expert in the specific area of the software that I have a question on.

Cons

There are a good amount of standard reports and the ability to do ad hoc reports. However, sometimes I'm not always able to do everything I want in a report.
There are also occasions that the system doesn't do exactly what I want. However, I realize that is the case with any system that is designed for tons of clients. And normally, there is a work around that can be figured out.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Brandon. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The Product Support Team works really hard to consistently meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear they continue to hit the mark!

Melissa C.

My first choice in Payroll and HR Software

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Overall, this is the most comprehensive, yet user friendly, HRIS/Payroll system available. Having working with almost every large payroll product on the market over my 30+ years in business, the fact that I have implemented SentricWorkforce in the last 3 companies that I have worked with will be an indicator that this is a quality product, supported by a quality team of programmers, implementation specialists, and customer support and service providers. SentricWorkforce allows our company to drive supervisory responsibilities down to the managers that need it, while providing HR and Finance the confidentiality necessary to maintain our team members' privacy of information.

Pros

SentricWorkforce is a well-designed and well-rounded HRIS/Payroll System. The integration between Time and Labor Management (time cards) and HR (benefits, time off plan, performance) is seamless and makes running payroll a breeze.
The Time Off Plans, electronic forecasting, requesting time off, and approval process is always a "fan favorite" with the company employees, and they like being able to manage their own demographic information, direct deposits, tax information, etc.
As an Administrator, the wealth of stock reports, along with the ability to write ad hoc reports, means that I can always have the information I need, when I need it.

Cons

The one area where the software can be better, and rumor has it this is being add for a future release, is in providing calendar view of schedules and time off, both departmentally and company-wide.

Shannon J.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

SentricHR Review

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

I would say it was mostly favorable, however the implementation process was much more labor intensive on the customer end than we had anticipated, and there were a few miscues in the implementation that did cause some audit/cost issues on our end. The ongoing struggles with the support response time have also been a concern.

Pros

The search and filter capabilities are a positive. The integrated time system and additional functionality of the upgraded time software is much better than what we had before.

Cons

The customer service setup is not as quick and efficient as our setup on the old software. The availability of certain demographic/employment information is no longer available in the pay entry screen as it was in M3, thus there is a lot of toggling back and forth to verify information when we proceed payroll.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

The cost effectiveness of Sentric in addition to it being the platform we were mostly already familiar with.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your feedback, Shannon! Our team continues to work diligently to make the software easier to use, and we will submit your comment on toggling back and forth to our product team.

Kim D.
  • Industry: Banking

Sentric HR Review

Reviewed on 02/03/2022

Pros

The software is extremely to use as an administrator and also easy for employees and managers to navigate. The customer support that I have received over the years has been amazing. I have contacted customer support many times and every time I have received a quick response to my issue with help and/or ideas to resolve my issue. The knowledge and expertise of the customer support team is top notch and they are always so helpful.

Cons

Some times creating reports can be challenging; having descriptions of available fields would be helpful.

Response from Sentric

Thank you, Kim! Our support team works hard to meet expectations, and we are happy to hear they are exceeding yours. We are grateful for our longstanding partnership with you and your team, and we appreciate your review!

Misty W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Team

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Started with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - her knowledge and services were exceptional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were awesome during the implementation period. They went the extra mile to ensure we were up and ready by our desired deadline! Great teamwork

Pros

User Friendly, convenient and much better for obtaining reports, as well as accessing employee informaiton.

Cons

Not connecting with our Accounting Software so we have to manually input data! This is not a Sentric issue, we are currently in an accounting software conversion and looking forward when the two will interlink. Would be nice if employees could modify their time for missed-punches, so all the supervisor had to do was approve the time at the designated pay period.

Paychex Flex

To upgrade and outsource

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

Prior positive working relationship with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] gave me the confidence that this product would be best for our company!

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for your review, Misty! We are happy to hear that implementation went smoothly and our team continues to meet expectations.

Alissa N.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Sentric makes payroll so easy for us to process.

Pros

I like that the software has a nice appealing layout. It is easy to use and easy to navigate. I like that employees can go into the software and request their own days off and view their own paychecks. I love the technical support team - they are always so patient and understanding. They are there to help you learn the software.

Cons

I think the reports are a little hard to understand at first. Setting up benefits can be a little troublesome until you know what you are doing. While some functions are user friendly some functions take instruction and practice. This is not meant not deter any potential users, keep in mind that Sentric has amazing customer support. They will call and walk you through any procedure.

Kristen A.
  • Industry: Libraries

All in One!

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

We love the system, just looking for better reporting!

Pros

We love learning new modules and how they work together. It can be overwhelming at first but staff will surprise you in how they are eager to do things electronically and adapt quickly!

Cons

The reports are difficult to learn and run and limited in the fields. I wish there was truly a MASTER report that you could pull ANY field, and you weren't limited to what is available under each category. We rarely use the reports because they are cumbersome.

Paycom

Reasons for Switching to SentricHR

We had a prior version of Sentric (M3) as our payroll provider and we could retain our payroll records. We also value our relationship with them and their customer service has always been great!

Response from Sentric

Thanks for your feedback and being a long-time, loyal Sentric client, Kristen. We appreciate your comments on reporting--stay tuned for enhancements coming to the software in 2021!

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Sentric is Amazing!

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

Sentric has streamlined all of our benefits. The carrier connection options have made it easy to keep benefits up to date and has eased the burden of HR to manually send updates to each benefit plan company. It is also easy to pull data reports to reconcile employee balances.

Pros

The ease of reports and pulling the necessary data out of Sentric has streamlined all of our internal processes.

Cons

The performance section has some minor glitches when trying to print.

Response from Sentric

Thanks for sharing your experience with SentricHR, Jessica! We are happy to hear that SentricHR has helped streamline your internal processes and benefits - we appreciate the review and look forward to our continued partnership!

Stephanie U.

Big Sister Boston Review - Dec 2020

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

Pros

It is easy for staff to click around, update their information and enter time. Payroll is straight forward and quick to process. I also really like the new hire functions and how it gets all the forms to a new hire easily to track - in this virtual world it has been essential.

Cons

I wish that I could add in holidays rather than contacted customer service. They are quick to respond but they are quick request so it would be fantastic to manage them myself. I also wish the reports were a bit clearer. For example, the Absences report doesn't let me predict ahead and can not always be accurate when pulled.

Response from Sentric

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your feedback, Stephanie! Everyone here at Sentric works hard to ensure you have the support you need, and we are happy to hear your satisfied overall.

Angela A.

Love SentricHR

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

I would highly recommend SentricHR to my colleagues. I love how easy it is to use and the customer support is awesome.

Pros

SentricHR is extremely user friendly, and tracks everything we need it to track. We love being able to direct employees to their own profile to see paystubs, sick and PTO balances, and the use of the forecast option. I believe this empowers the employee more than we know!

Cons

There seems to be a few glitches here and there with SentricHR. I love the constant updates and believe they are necessary, however it seems to always change really random things. This is probably also a lack of knowledge on my part.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your review, Angela and are extremely pleased that you love SentricHR!

We do update the software on a regular basis and understand that keeping up with the release notes can be challenging. As an alternative you can utilize our free Connect Sessions so you can talk through what's new in SentricHR with a member of our Product Support Team. You can schedule one at any time by visiting the SentricHR Help Center.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Pam Z.

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

The company I work for has been utilizing SentricHR for almost 9 years. My overall experience with SentricHR has been great. The company I work for recently went through a change that involved SentricHR setting up a new account for us. The move from one company name to another - including behind the scenes tax / billing information - went pretty well. The SentricHR customer service is amazing!

Pros

The reporting feature is one of my favorites. If SentricHR hasn't already designed a report in need, they will help you design it or I can design something myself by using their Ad-Hoc option.

Cons

The thing I like least about SentricHR is - employees do not have the option of filling out a timecard via a mobile phone unless employees punch in and out each day. It would be nice for SentricHR to design a program that allows employees to add how many hours they worked in a day - via a mobile device.

Response from Sentric

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, Pam. We appreciate the longstanding partnership we have and are happy to hear our support team continues to exceed expectations!

We can confirm that employees are able to add their hours from a mobile device. A member of our Product Support team will be in touch with more information.

Mindy C.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Right now I am setting up Carrier Connection and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been guiding me - she is super helpful.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] supported me through managing the ACA portion in January and provided reports needed for year end reporting. - response time was immediate and very much appreciated.

Pros

It is visually pleasing and easy to navigate. The software has definitely consolidated the number of steps and amount of time it takes to process payroll each pay period.

Cons

Set up of each component of the product feels kind of clunky and manual. That is why there are so many components that are not in use yet.

It takes more manpower to get it set up than we initially were aware of. Trying to get the ATS set up and realizing that the functionality is not what we need to to be. We are also setting up the Carrier Connection right now. Performance management will follow that.

Response from Sentric

We appreciate your feedback and our long-term partnership, Mindy. We definitely understand that configuring a new HRIS to make sure it meets the needs of your business can seem overwhelming, but we're confident that the hard work you put into it will pay off.