Bob

Write a Review!
A modern HR platform for modern business

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

146 Reviews for UK Users

Elena
Elena
  • Industry: Human Resources

I've chosen bob over another great product I was using in the past and haven't regretted!

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

ease of HR management, also our finance team benefits from easy holidays/absenses management, payroll reports and such.
I'm doing all admin in bob, from contracts to onboarding, org structure, salary changes etc

Pros

It's very easy to use - user friendly interface, intuitive navigation, you can find whatever you need in the matter of seconds even if it's your first experience with the platform
It's beautiful - our employees love it too
The support team is amazing - they not only resolve any issues quickly, but they also listen to suggestions and implement them within reasonable time. I love getting product updates as I know that there will be something I asked about.
The system features everything you'd want from a modern HRIS and even more - we love club feature and about section - it helps employees learn more about each other and find common interests.
There's some functions that I'd love to have but they are not yet there (such as pre-boarding or e-signature) but the guys are constantly working on them and I've seen that for example e-signature is coming within next few weeks.

Cons

If we are talking about bob as HRIS there's very few things that I don't like, or rather I would like to have and they are not yet there - prebording being one example.
I'd love performance module to be more sophisticated but the guys have just introduced it and I see that it gets updated constantly, which is great. also, it's not a separate platform for performance management so I wouldn't expect it have all the features that other platforms dedicted to performance only have.
There are other small things (such as I can't send a survey to 1 person only), but they are small compared to all the benefits and again, I know that sooner or later those will be resolved too.

Valentino

Bob can be a great friend, but you need to know him well first

Reviewed on 12/03/2023

Bob is our HRIS. Whether that’s our people themselves (being able to see all of their employment information in one place, being able to book a holiday and see when others have time off), our managers (getting a full view of their team’s details - salaries, job titles, locations in one place and seeing time off in full view in order to capacity plan accurately) or our People, Culture and Inclusion team (reporting, right to work checks, onboarding new folks, onboarding ourselves onto new systems and employment changes) - all of these things get simpler with Bob. We make a great use of the automation of tasks that Bob allows to build, from new joiners to leavers, from probation and onboarding to parental leave, we have created flows that automatically assign tasks to the relevant people, to make sure nothing is missed on important lifecycle phases of employees.

Pros

great user and admin experienceDEIB focus with pronouns and demographic fieldsmass loading possible super quick implementationautomation of tasks and workflows

Cons

Automations don't always workSupport is patchy and relies too much on users being able to solve the problem themselvesA lot of workarounds are necessary to overcome Bob's limitations

Personio and Humaans

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Quick implementation, onboarding & pre boarding workflows were suitable based on our needs, the UI is intuitive

Bob for Web Developers

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

Pros

You can easily access all employee database and quickly. The software doesn't lag. The time and attendance tracking is always accurate and it also provides a report of all the gathered data.

Cons

It's not available for all languages, so the selection is limited, as well as offline functionalities, which are also limited. If you are not used to HR platforms, some of its tools can be confusing to use at first.

Tilly

Good Integrations

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Pros

Love the fact that you can integrate many different platforms with Bob. Such as Zinc and Greenhouse and really easy to work your way around the system.

Cons

I cant think of any at this moment. Love everything it does.

Kristin
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great hr tool for midsize companies

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Bob as solution as well as bob implementation team and support are outstanding

Bob as solution as well as bob implementation team and support are outstanding

Pros

Implementation and deployment was a breeze. The adoption rate of the business is high.

Cons

Absence of dependent fields when we started and it lacks the ability to customize reporting and homepage for different user groups

Personio and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Bob

Sap not suited for our needs - not agile enough

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Better suited for our global needs
Stefan
  • Industry: Entertainment

Are you looking for something new?

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Pros

A central platform that can connect to all other satellites in your organization, versatile in so many ways.Bobs modules are great, you can define your own system and build as grow, from start-up to corporate

Cons

We would love to have Calculation fields in compensation planning.And be able to define our own calculations for ex Annual Bonuses

Oracle PeopleSoft , BambooHR and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Bob

We wanted an HRM to feel like a hoodie, not a suit and tie
Leeav

HiBob Review

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

I love this software and would recommend it to all companies looking to get a HRIS system in place.

Pros

I love the UX and especially the customer support team, both in Israel and in NY.

Cons

Sometimes features aren't available for different employees and it takes time to talk to the HR manager to allow some permissions.

Ashley

Fantastic, Flexible Option

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

Pros

Unlike other HRIS companies I've worked with in the past, the Bob platform is incredibly flexible. I'm able to set up customized onboarding flows, employee fields, and reports for every instance. Surprises come up in HR a lot and HiBob can go with the flow.

Cons

My least favorite feature is no good screen to view all holidays across the company for employees.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Bob had more flexibility and more integrations with our other systems.
Jenny
  • Industry: Import & Export

User friendly and current

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Really positive, would recommend as it's very engaging in design, but also useful in terms of a HR portal.

Pros

I really like the social media style communication on the profile page, this has brought our teams together so well across all locations.

Cons

Some of the dashboards could be adapted to show more of a breakdown. For example time off by reason, not just by month.

Sage HR

Reasons for Switching to Bob

More modern than Sage which fits our people better.

Complete but overwhelming HHRR software

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

Overall the platform is vey complete. However, it can become a little bit overwhelming due to the amount of functionalities and cluttering. I miss some help elements in the platform (tooltips, explanatory text) to guide me a little bit.

Pros

The notification settings. The panel to control them is very complete and flexible.

Cons

"My time off" divided in two sections, "Balance" and "Requests". I'd rather have everything in one place.Having access to pages I won't use (I'm not sure if they can be removed or disabled for specific employees).The arrows to expand the main body to make it fill the whole screen is silly."I personally don't like the "social media" part of the platform. I have the feeling that the platform is trying to be so complete that sometimes it loses focus of its purpose.

Kate

Easy to use. Comprehensive. Great support. Feedback is acted on. Know you are valued as a...

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

Being able to feedback and see your feedback quickly acted on influencing the growth of the product. You feel valued and part of the journey. I am a 1 person HR/office team helping out a small finance team for a company of 50 and this software has saved me hours of time and stress. I am not even using it to its full potential yet due to finite time. It has also helped give power to employees where as an example they can see their annual leave so I don't have to keep spreadsheets and constantly update individuals. It is just their. Managers can see their teams, Org charts are great. adding photos so people can see who's who in a growing team and that is just the very tip of the iceberg that is bob. Fantastic.

Cons

The performance review section. I know when bob developed it they developed a product I was super excited about and holding out for. They, as any business would do, sought feedback and ended up releasing a much lighter touch performance review section based on the feedback. As a result I am going to use another platform which is more suited to my companies needs. However I am sure it will be a very suitable process for many companies, as their own research shows.

Ghayathri
  • Industry: Research

Hibob for a high-growth startup

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

Pros

The UI is amazing. People find the application to be really easy to use and interactive. The documents, surveys and performance features are mind blowing

Cons

The onboarding task lists cannot be grouped into folders. Same with performance reviews questionnaires. Can have more and better integration with slack.

Rippling and BambooHR
Carol
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Fantastic, Easily Customisable HR System

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

LOVE Bob! I've worked with several HRIS and it is honestly the easiest to use, the support team are lovely and overall it is a great user experience.

Pros

Access to real time data. System is easy to customise, you don't need a dev team to make changes you need and changes can be done in real time. Ease of use both for the HR team and employees. Its easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I think more work can be done on the performance management piece i.e.: including weightings on key indicators, instead of on the whole goal.

Sebastian
Sebastian
  • Industry: Entertainment

A great up and coming app

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Pros

LOVE! It is a main staple on most tools to be integrated with, slack is easy but also other payroll, engagement and HR/Tech tools integrate seamlessly.

Love the UX, simple, colourful and engaging.

Customer service is great too! Keep doing what you're doing, bob :)

Cons

The pricing model for new features could be a bit more adaptable. We wanted to add timesheets just to a set number of employees but they wanted to charge us for the whole company!

Access PeopleHR and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Bob

Price and product offering!
Lucie

Best HRIS I’ve worked with so far!

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Pros

Complex HRIS with al the features you need for small/mid-size company, they cover all the employee life-cycle. Very remote/global-friendly. Pretty easy implementation, great support from their team during the selection & implementation process and even now when we need help with some issues/questions. Highly recommend Bob!

Cons

NA - We are really satisfied with HiBob!

Monica
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

BOB is perfect

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Pros

Bob is a fantastic product that includes all the features that we need and is still developing more on a monthly bases

Cons

Integration with our payroll provider is not available

Ryan

Bob is a great HR platform for the average staff member at a business. Could not be easier!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Streamlining the HR process for staff at a business saves time and money. Centralizing these functions in a stable platform like Bob will allow you to focus more on your staff and business relationships, provide benefits to staff, and manage your company time off. This is a great product for a small business looking to manage their human resources in a simple and cost efficient way.

Pros

HR platforms are typically robust and house many different features for managing your employment and benefits at a company. Bob is the perfect match between a platform that has a high level of functionality - but remains easy to use.

For HR Staff using the system to manage a business; it contains stable features to manage time off, holidays, employee on-boarding, document provision, and company benefits. For the average staff member at a business, it is simple to use and has an intuitive interface. Taking time off is easy!

Bob is a new platform that is growing quickly. Although it may be simpler than some other HR platforms as a result, it's ability to easily solve a large amount of HR tasks in one platform is well worth the investment.

Cons

Being a new piece of software, some of the complexity found in managing company benefits, for instance, is limited in features at this time. This is only the result of having launched in the past couple of years; but the success so far is allowing them to continue development for improving the product.

Roy

Simple, light, Great!

Reviewed on 02/12/2023

Overall experience is very good, much better than all previous solutions. Especially since it combines everything into one place which is neat and easy to use.

Pros

Simple and easy to use system that centralizes everything for employees and managers.
I find myself open it many times.
I also used the API which was well documented and easy to use and created simple automations to pull out some information.

Cons

Some of the screens are a bit overloaded and “old fashioned”.
E.g the employee information.
It could use a better UX and a fresh look.

Charlotte

Easy to use, good looking and fits with our agency vibe.

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Pros

I like how easy BOB is to use, how easy it is to contact someone at BOB if I have any troubles with the system. The look and feel works so well for our type of work place and BOB have helped us roll out the platform so effortlessly. I'm always finding out new things on BOB and I find the weekly emails from the BOB team explaining whenever something has been added helps us to discover more.

Cons

As a new piece of software there are some things that haven't yet been built. Although saying this the BOB team are always on hand if we want anything specifically added to fit our companies needs. We had slight trouble in the beginning with the calendar view and it not working in the way we have previously been used too. We spoke with the BOB software developers and they were able to help us fix this by creating a brand new calendar view which fitted with our needs.

Powerful tool with many possibilities

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Pros

There is so much to explore with Bob and the capacity for data is endless. It makes HR more fun with a social media-like feel to it, which helps build a virtual community between employees.

Cons

Because there is so much capacity, sometimes it can be difficult to navigate and understand the process behind specific tools. There are still some features that I doubt I have understood, but as time goes I explore and learn more and the potential keeps growing.

Vincenzo
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Best in class HR/People Software!

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

Pros

All-in-one People Management platform. A one stop shop for the people team to manage everything HR

Cons

Sometimes a few features are a bit hard to use or understand, and not immediately intuitive - but not a major concern

Laila

HiBob takes feedback seriously

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Overall really liking HiBob its smooth and easy to use in a general sense, I've used other platforms such as Maconomy, ADP and BambooHR and HiBob would currently be my top.

Pros

The product is user friendly, straightforward and easy to use.The functions such as time off policies, onboarding modules, e-sign and forms functions are great and practical. Support is amazing and they respond so quickly to my queriesIs able to integrate with some external systems such as Learnerbly

Cons

Scheduling performance cycles within task lists or setting up emails within task lists aren't easy to do and can be confusing Reporting - effective dates not captured within a pre selected date rangeReporting - navigation challenges some reports are held in analytics some in dashboard some under time off can be confusing would be good to have them all in one place even if they are duplicated elsewhere

Amrita
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best HR System!!

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Pros

So easy to use, has an app, it is visually appealing and has so many features. The customer support is fab, you get answers to queries so quickly

Cons

The performance review tool is a bit complicated and lacks customisation

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Bob

Personio lacked a lot of features that Bob offers. It was also not straightforward and didn't look great
Sarah

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 27/06/2023

Pros

bob is a user-friendly People tool that has been a great resource for our business. It has helped us automate tasks and focus on people initiatives that make a difference in employees' lives. With easy to use reporting systems and detailed dashboards, we are able to make well informed data-driven decisions.

Cons

Would love to see further expansion in the 1x1 tool to enable team members to make meetings with their managers, and allow other leaders book 1x1s with team members to encourage mentoring. I would also love to see further development in the e-sign templates to allow for direct uploading of editable pdfs.

Daisy

Great HR product

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

Great, the product works well and the Customer support is fantastic

Great, the product works well and the Customer support is fantastic

Pros

We really like the surveys and the review process.The automated task lists and workflows are also really useful.

Cons

I'd like to track peoples over time more easily