WorkOtter

Veronica
Veronica

Simplified Project Management

Reviewed on 18/09/2022

WorkOtter's sales team has been very responsive to all our questions and provided is with a great onboarding experience.

The software itself is very robust and responds well to our needs in managing our projects.

Pros

I like the fact that the software is agnostic and can integrate with Microsoft Project Management and the dashboard provided a great overview of the current project status

Cons

So far, everything is working great for me and my team. No complains

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

Better details and hierarchy management

Asana

Aaron

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Reviewed on 01/09/2020

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing. As our work has gotten more complex, we started seeing the need to fully combine these two systems: automate.io was the only solution on the market and even this looked like it would make things more complicated to keep the system working over time. We needed something that worked and didn't require constant updates to the API. Thats's when we were told about WorkOtter. Our sales person was able to answer all of our questions, and helped us find solutions to our current Best Practices. It was like he had a solution for everything we threw at him!

Pros

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program.

- The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients!

- Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly.

- Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

Cons

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

We outgrew our ability to use Asana and Smartsheets together.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

‐ The ability to quickly switch between interactive ‐ Portfolio management is best in class, I haven't seen other PM programs with this many features. ‐ Gantt charts too! ‐ APIs are completely open, and allow us to pipe information to our clients without trouble. Any issues we had, the WorkOtter team was extremely helpful. It's hard to get service like that from most of the PM software you can find in the market today. - Very easy to use.
Michael
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

WorkOtter - Great PM Option!

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Simplified way to track and get project status updates and completion rate.

Simplified way to track and get project status updates and completion rate.

Pros

- It's very easy to customize, it lets the user arrange information as preferred views to help ease the tracking of information.
- Projects require a significant amount of documentation to support the tasks, to be used as reference information, for auditing purposes and reporting. WorkOtter offers unlimitted storage allowing user to store any documents without having to worry about the available space.
- WorkOtter offers an easy and simple section to track times and task completion allowing "light users" to keep close track of their work and also great input for the PM to pull out reports and estimates.
- Reporting section is great, it offers a significant amount of templates to build reports making it sufficiently versatile to present relevant information for specif project gorups (i.e. Sponsors, Stakeholders, Team Members, etc) in a simplified way.

Cons

- Software layout and design is a bit plane in comparison to other software for the same area.
- Information can look a bit cluttered when browsing thru the tasks dashboard and Gantt view.

Jason

We Have Found Our Project/Resource Management Home!

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

No surprises and the implementation was as promised..30 days!

No surprises and the implementation was as promised..30 days!

Pros

The feature I like most is the "sandbox" for my "what if" scenarios... I am able to project in more ways and more accurately with a click and a drag!

Cons

The software is intuitive but with covid, our team took a little while to get up to speed... Not really the software's fault.

LiquidPlanner

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

We needed a more robust platform and wanted to integrate more features.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

Ultimately, WorkOtter met or exceeded all our needs. There are so many useful features that will allow us to take our game to the next level... From the "what-if" scenarios in the sandbox, to the "role-centric" dashboards, to the data animations, and on and on..... I am able to manage my entire firm, from people to assets, at glance! WorkOtter was hands-down the clear choice.
Audrey

You have to check out this project management software

Reviewed on 15/09/2022

Nick always answer my question in a timely manner. Over all experience is very nice and pleasant

Pros

The software is a very good tool for Project Management. Not only you can collaborate easily with team members, it also gives you different options to present the graph and show to members and leaders. My favorite is the Portfolio Planning report. It gives you a report of resource time and the amount they invested for each project. It also convert projects to word, pdf, etc

Cons

Security feature to be determined. I work for a healthcare company and deals a lot with PHi.

monday.com and Smartsheet

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

it is easy to use and the Portfolio Management feature is amazing
Daniell
  • Industry: Executive Office

WorkOtter lets me keep track of ALL my puzzle pieces

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

We needed something to bring together all the features we needed (and were using too many programs to accomplish) and WorkOtter did that.

Pros

I love that I can customize the dashboards and that this tool allows us to forecast projects which helps us with reporting to upper management.

And the Gantt charts! 😍

Cons

No cons to list yet - we're still building it out!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

It allowed us to consolidate

Asana

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

Much more adaptive and intuitive than a clunky spreadsheet system!
Laura
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Team collaboration at it's finest.

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

Being able to see upfront pricing allows for faster decision making when comparing products. Questions about the product were answered quickly and their knowledge helps to understand the full capacity of the program and features.

Pros

The Gantt chart with features to make adjustments and review timeline possibilities. Building dashboards to collaborate better with team members. The syncing features help to improve documents and allows for better communication.

Cons

There really are not any cons to the software itself. With a little bit of a learning curve, the software is very useful and provides many features that are needed in project management.

Amanda
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best new all in one working space and product management space hands down!

Reviewed on 23/04/2023

They have flexible plans that help users like the "30 day implementation plan" that help setup the software quick and easy, along with expanding licenses and plans they ensure everything is proper with no additonal charges and pressure. Support team is great which made the whole transitioning process into the software so much easier.

Pros

I loved the fact that everything is very easily accessible and very easy to navigate. It syncs with microsoft and also very customizable because there are ways to configure and customize display - which is great for people who have very distinct ways of working. The dashboards are easy to configure and you can also share with a team space which is also very easy to have collaborate. There are ways you can view the software on IOS and android. For people who work with serveral portfolios and work with a lot of product management workotter is very very useful. It is heavily stacked with so many features, very accessible and a great great price for all of this.

Cons

Everything has been great so far. There are many features to get through which may seem overwhelming but just like any platform/tool you get the hang of it and can work your way around it. Especially because you can customize it your own liking. No complaints so far.

Pamela
  • Industry: Government Relations

I Am So Glad I Found WorkOtter!

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

No problems! It keeps everyone on the same page, that's just brillant!Great customer service, that's a big plus!

Pros

It's very versatile and easy to use! Love that is so customizable. The features allow you to manage what you need and perfectly organized. The software is very interactive and visual.Seamlessly intergrates all team members into the process. It's great for all types of projects.There is so much to say great about this software. Just everything is awesome and makes your work so much easier!

Cons

I can't honeslty think of a con as of yet!

• Industry: Publishing

Over the moon with WorkOtter

Reviewed on 16/04/2023

Best overall project management tool I have had the pleasure to work with.

Best overall project management tool I have had the pleasure to work with.

Pros

I save so much time each and everyday because of the functuality of WorkOtter. I am so happy to have this program be part (majority) of my day. It is all here plus so much more. Not to mention the ease of use. I have team members that are at all different levels of computer experience, project management and business analysis. Everyone of them enjoys using WorkOtter for various reasons but mostly because it handles so many different tasks all in one. Best time saver we have utilized in our offices.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this program. I wish it had been available 15 years ago.

Jessica
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

By far the best project management software!

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

There are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.

Pros

We use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role.

Not only does it have amazing features, but it also created a supportive and team building work environment. The software automates team collaboration and has brought us together as an organization in many ways. You can easily keep track of status on tasks, and easily assign team members with work. So, you will be always on time. Our communication as a whole has never been better.

By far the best product we've used!

Cons

The software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.

Alex
  • Industry: Insurance

My best way to save time

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

First of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it’s easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn’t some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.

Pros

The thing I’ve liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I’ve received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it better. Also, on my e-mail I got all updates, but I got attached dashboards.

Also, another thing I’ve liked were the interactive visuals inside reports and I mean by that I could see all the work using infographics and custom the schedule, see my workers’ individual work. With that, I could understand all the complex data easier, discover patterns and find the problems of my workers so that I could talk to them.

Cons

I think WorkOtter is the best software I’ve ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I’ve discovered on other softwares like this but I can’t complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won’t disappoint us in the future.

Matthew

Everything I need and then some!

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Pros

WorkOtter has been great so far! I am usually a bit nervous whenever we pick up a new piece of software to start using, especially with something as critical as project management tools. The WorkOtter support team was great with onboarding and getting the team up to speed relatively quickly.

Now that we've got the software set up and have had some time to move our projects over, we're starting to see the full benefits. The email reports have been great and were really easy to customize to my liking.

Clean dashboards seem to be a really popular feature these days and WorkOtter's are pretty great. I like that I can keep the information I need right at the top and have other, less important information pushed down the page. Customizing the layout to my preferences was straightforward.

If there's something that catches my attention in the dashboard, I will usually drill down into the more detailed view and export that data into Excel where I can do my own manipulations.

Since I'm still a bit more comfortable with Microsoft Project for a few edge cases, I like that integration between the two pieces of software is straightforward. Usually, I try to avoid exporting though, because the built-in tools in WorkOtter almost always cover my use case if I just put in a bit of effort to learn them.

All in all, my experience with the software has been great. It's comforting to know that if any questions do come up, the support team is always responsive.

Cons

No major complaints about the software, once we got used to the fact that it's entirely cloud based and some features are desktop only.

Deana
  • Industry: Program Development

WorkOtter has changed the way I manage projects

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

As a project manager I am always looking for ways to add a visual aspect of projects to share with my team and with WorkOtter's dashboards I can make this happen. Role management is also a great way to keep my team organized and focused on only the data and elements that they need to see.

The resource management tool is a lifesaver. It allows me to track my team's utilization as well as scale up or down the resources I need to get any project completed on time and under budget - without burning out my team members.

MS Project sync is another excellent feature to get a project started in WorkOtter. I can work out the details I need regarding my project privately via MS Project and then upload it to WorkOtter so that my team can view the plans, resources and budgets as needed. The option to continue working in MS Project or switch entirely to WorkOtter is valuable and seamless.

I also find the ability to easily create custom reporting on the fly a feature of great importance. Quite frequently I am called upon to present timelines, budgets or resource constraints which makes it helpful to present data in an easily readable format to my customers or executives in a timely manner.

WorkOtter is a great tool in a market of sub par competitors. If you are a Program /Project Manager, Solution Designer or Developer, WorkOtter will help you stay on track and remain informed of your responsibilities and those of your team members.

Pros

The dashboards are easy to create and full of valuable information. The role management capability is crucial to managing resources and budgets. The governance model helps team members understand the work flow and how things get done.

Cons

The software needs to be more flexible to integrate with 3rd party solutions outside of MS project. There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

James

WorkOtter represents the two most important features of project management; discipline and...

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Pros

I am the Senior Project Manager for a Digital Marketing Agency and have been doing project management work for over 20 years using Microsoft Project primarily. The greatest advantage WorkOtter provides is the ability to do project setup once and then iterate through changes to the project plan such as scope increases, new requirements, changes to the resources needed to support the project and even group interdisciplinary projects into portfolios at the click of the mouse. A project manager the ability to take advantage of the automated features of WorkOtter such as data analytics and visualization to show the most critical executive the status of things (good and bad) in a matter of minutes vice hours and days.

Cons

The learning curve to become highly proficient with the software is significant. However, the return on your investment of time to learn the intimate capabilities of the software is high. You will recoup all the time spent leaning how to use WorkOtter through the reduction in time to manipulate the project to show a detailed performance picture for the work being done.

Khan

Fast, Efficient, Collaborative and User friendly

Reviewed on 21/05/2017

I can easily keep track of the tasks, issues and risks. It also makes budget allocation very easy. Instant sharing and cloud platform makes it a very easy, efficient and handy tool.

Pros

The thing I like most about WorkOtter is that it is cloud based and so it can be used collaboratively within a large group without any issue. And that enables real time update and tracking making it very efficient.
Tons of necessary features like interactive dashboard, gantt chart, PM features, forecasting, budgeting etc makes it a must have tool for project management.
The dashboards are tailored to type of user, customizable reports, instant sharing, automatic distribution are some of the most desired features.
Compatibility with excel and microsoft project is a big plus.
I am using it for about two years and really satisfied with it.

Cons

No notable cons, but aesthetically could be a little more attractive. But still does the job enough.

Brian

Impeccable and thoughtful design, *and* somehow gives you complete control!

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

Overall, It is obvious the designers are project managers with an intimate understanding of PM who sought to create a product to make their own lives easier; the perfect kind of inspiration. PM products are directly tied to efficiency and effectiveness. WorkOtter maximizes both – and makes it difficult not to.

Pros

The process of using WorkOtter is superlative. The interface is responsive and gives you powerful, comprehensive oversight and highly granular control over all aspects of a project; all with the most intuitive interface I have encountered with PM software. This all facilitates more completed projects on time and within budget. As I am also an IT Administrator for my organization, setup and onboarding is a breeze as well.

Cons

The only room for improvement I can conceive related to aesthetics, but this isn’t the point of the software. While visual improvements to make the look sleeker may enhance the UI, if WorkOtter wants to make improvements, the changes will be easy to implement.

Aline
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Helps team collaborate, it is a solid and flexible system.

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Pros

Work Otter has a clean and straightforward interface, with interactive visuals you can customize inside the reports. It also presents an excellent array of features for project managers and support for integrating other tools like Excel, Microsoft Project etc.
It was nor complex at all to get started with and the whole system has a clean and up-to-date appearance, very intuitive which made it easy for me to figure out the basics of how to use it within a few minutes. Best PM system I ever used.

Cons

I would like to have local storage options, the only storage option currently available is Cloud and I am not really sure if this will work forever.

Edberto
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

An Amazing Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 21/05/2017

This software transformed how our supply team handled our projects, this has given us complete control of each activity, and increased our productivity dramatically.

So, this program has done more for our company than any other that we have tried in the past.

Pros

WorkOtter is a complete project management tool, it has a simple user interface, much simpler than some other of its competitors, but is also has advanced PM features as well.

You can customize it to look basically just like you want it, if you want, you can arrange your projects in a portfolio, for example.

Any PM tool needs great storage as well, and WorkOtter gives you unlimited storage so you can link and attach documents without worrying about size.

You can assign tasks to other team members, and you can easily check status and track activity times as well.

So, this is easily the most complete, user friendly and usefull Project Management tool I have ever tried. Definitely recommend it.

One of the Greatest PPM tools- We Love WorkOtter

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

WorkOtter allows us to actively manage our projects and it has rich functions available to customize, create, and track any and every part of the project from every stage. It is used in any sector that needs project management. It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to resource management and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer sometimes. This aids in productivity because it is adequately sets up the system for our company's needs. As far as usability the product is great because it it simple and easy to learn. The tool is also great because it can integrate with Jira and MS project. We have several teams that use JIRA and MS Project and the integration makes it easier for our productivity. One of our favorite features are the dashboards because it also helps identify issues quickly and get to the really meat of the project faster. We have worked with several different PPM tools and WorkOtter is definitely one of the best products for PPM out there.

Pros

It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to Portfolio management, Resource Management, and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer needs. Furthermore, the integration between JIRA and MS Project is a plus because they are commonly used in many companies.

Cons

The graphics are good, and I realize it is an incredibly dense program, but even more enhanced graphics and general layouts would help from an aesthetic standpoint.

Barbara

Incredibly user friendly. Easy to use. Broad range of features. Amazing customer support.

Reviewed on 12/02/2018

Pros

I love the fact that this software is so much easier to use than other systems I have tried before. It's just so simple to get started with. And whenever I run into a problem and I need help, they have this amazing support team that always answers all my questions. In general it serves all my team members really well since they can easily keep up with the work and constantly track the time and status of all projects. Another feature that I really like is that management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with the necessary dashboards attached to it.

Cons

I know it sounds unreal, but nothing really until so far. This program simply has been great for us. The one thing I can think of is that the only language currently supported is English. My company could do well with Spanish for example. But it has not been a real issue.

Agatha
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Collaboration is the key word for this PPM.

Reviewed on 28/05/2017

Pros

This is a capable project management and work management tool that comes with several excellent dynamic features for helping teams work on projects through completion. What I like the most about this PPM is that collaboration across the team increased after WO was implemented. My team is able to keep track of work, track time, provide status and share documentation, we no longer have files in different places and different version which is something that help us avoiding errors due to wrong data, avoids rework. Gantt charts are easy to set up, view and edit, as a PMO this is crucial and I appreciate how easy it is to work on Gantt charts with this program.

Highly functional

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

The teams are informed and quickly set up. From implementation to support, we enjoyed our experience...

Pros

The ability to lock in current status and perform sensitivity analysis

Being able to manage and effectively allocate resources

Love the project manager view with current projects, statuses and milestones. Instead of reviewing a shared calendar, Gantt Chatt and individual PMS system, it's all in one.

Drawing clear attention to what is foremost with familiar colors and signals.

Project Kanban Board

Customizing Columns

Filing Sharing Opportunities (Unlimited file share service)

Tagging People

Available Work tab

Log time dialog box

Love the dashboards (ability to add components)

The ability to pivot information for certain department or project area

Cons

Nothing I consider a con. It's so great!

Silvana
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great experience working with this highly configurable software. I found it easier to work...

Reviewed on 20/05/2017

My job is easier.

My job is easier.

Pros

It looks simple at your eyes but it has very advanced features that allow you to manage what really matters: issues, risks, changes and status reporting.

I can do really cool interactions since it shows me everything what's going on in my organization. Very interactive and visual software that allows me not only to see and arrange my projects but to build my own dashboards and share them with other people from my organization.

This is the kind of tool every manager requires. Not only it automates team collaboration but it can also be integrated with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project.

Cons

I liked every single aspect of this software. I think it meets the requirements that every manager needs to have in order to manage, control and share the company's projects.

Clare

A very useful full scope project management

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Using WorkOtter has been great. I most of my project data has been seamlessly integrated into one easily navigated location. Timesheets, schedule updates, even team communication can all be done using WorkOtter.

Pros

This is a great tool for seamlessly integrating all team members into the project management process. Displays and reports are easily customizable for use in any industry. It's wonderful that it can be integrated with most programs I use for managing like Microsoft Project and Excel.

Cons

For the most part I have no complaints. It has been a critical resource. There are a few features that are not available on mobile. However, I work in construction and some of my team works in the field with limited access to a computer. The fact that there is a mobile option has been very useful.