Visme

Write a Review!
The all-in-one online presentation, infographic tool

4.2/5

653 Reviews for UK Users

Arun
Arun
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

An comprehensive platform for me

Reviewed on 24/02/2023

Visme to be an excellent tool for creating engaging visuals quickly and easily. As a businessperson, marketer, and educator, I appreciate the ability to create visuals that reflect my brand and message. However, I should note that Visme does have some drawbacks, such as limited editing capabilities and a limited library of templates. Additionally, I find it to be quite expensive compared to other tools.

Pros

I like Visme, it's really easy to use when creating and adjusting visuals. It has a great library of templates that I can customize to fit my brand. It also gives me the ability to customize fonts, shapes, colors, and more to make my visuals stand out. Plus, Visme allows me to track the performance of my visuals so I can make better content decisions.

Cons

I think Visme is a great tool for creating visuals, but there are some drawbacks that I should consider. Visme doesn't offer me the same level of editing capabilities as other tools like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. The library of templates Visme provides is a lot smaller compared to other tools. Plus, Visme can be quite pricey compared to other tools, making it not as accessible for those on a budget.

Allen
  • Industry: Government Administration

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Used this for a few presentations and creating a one-pager. Generally pretty easy to use and people are amazed by the quality/graphics of some of the templates.

Pros

Probably the easiest SAS presentation software I've used. The user interface is intuitive and allows you to click+drag to create pretty professional looking graphics and presentations. Very convenient to use especially how it allows you to save and access your presentations from anywhere. It also allows you to access thousands of images to use for your presentation.

Cons

This is probably an issue with all other SAS which requires a constant internet connection to use. Slightly annoying making small/minor changes quickly since you gotta find internet -->log in -> make change-> save-> re-export as your powerpoint presentation, etc... Specifically, the visme presentations can't be modified in a MS powerpoint presentation and cant be modified offline. It exports as a graphic/single image in powerpoint so it forces you to only use visme to modify your presentation. Requires online connection and sometimes it lags when you're working on your browser if you have a slow connection. Charges you in USD so it sucks for you Canadians out there.

John
  • Industry: Government Administration

High hopes shattered

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

Pros

The initial offering looked good but in use it is terrible.

Cons

High hopes shattered. I was really excited to use this tool and even got my agency to purchase multiple licenses. I have, however, been really disappointed with Visme's software and the customer service in my attempts to have it corrected.We have had weird experiences like buttons not working, so you have to refresh constantly, backgrounds disappearing, video not working, and animations totally breaking. I have submitted tickets for this and reached out in chat, each time without resolution. Even when we initially set up our accounts with Visme assisting, they gave us the incorrect configuration, and we had to redo it a month later.

Carolyn
  • Industry: Utilities

Love Visme

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Again, I'm not a graphic designer, but it makes me look like one. I've been able to create graphics, presentations and social media posts that look professional and are clear and easy to understand.

Pros

It is so user-friendly! I'm not a graphic designer but it makes me look like I am!

Cons

I found creating tables and charts to be very cumbersome but talked with a Visme team member and they were able to walk me through linking Google docs.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Ease of use, mainly, but you can't beat the pricing!
Adam
  • Industry: Higher Education

Visme- Your Permanent Solution to boring PowerPoint slides

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Overall, it's excellent and easy to use. Some clunkyness that I specified above makes creating a slideshow take a bit of time compared to using software like PowerPoint, but you can't argue with the results. The slides are infinitely better than anything you can do with PowerPoint.

Pros

The crispness and simplicity of the final slides.

Cons

A few tweaks would make this software better. Being able to paste images onto slides would be great. Also, when you want to change text, you can't just highlight all the text and start typing or backspace it and start typing because it will change the font and format. So, I have to highlight all of the text except one letter, and then backspace the last letter once, and then I can type and keep the same formatting. It's pretty aggravating and slows things down. I also don't really like how the default import image drops into the background, so I end up dragging another photo onto the canvas, which I then replace with the image that I want to use. Finally, if I create an infographic within Visme, I don't think there is a way for me to import it into my presentation, which would be really useful.

Claire
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Exactly what we needed to do something differently

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Pros

The Infographic template is one I use a lot and the blank template because we have very strict branding guidelines to stick to. Being able to use this feature with the different built in items as well as pulling our own assets it, is exactly what we need to do things differently for internal communications and projects. Makes things less blah!

Cons

I think it would be good to have email header templates available - the type of thing you could download as a png or a jpg and add into the body of an email at the top to make it pop more and get people's attention

Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Visme

We needed to be able to add URLs to link out to multiple sources and we couldn't do that very easily with Prezi.
Christa
  • Industry: Investment Management

Changed how we conduct presentations

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Pros

Visme is incredibly easy to use! It has changed the way we conduct presentations, in a more efficient, more professional and more visually interesting way to our clients. No longer are clients leaving with boring printed presentations, instead they are interactive, and can be emailed to the client after for their keep sake

Cons

at first, because there are soo many incredible features I was a touch overwhelmed with what the program can do. But once you go through your first presentation you realize how straightforward and "drag and drop it is". We love that it has the ability to be 100 % customized to each client

Microsoft PowerPoint and Prezi

Reasons for Switching to Visme

due to their exceptional reviews from other users, especially in the 'ease of use' category
Logan
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Incredible Way to Visualize Data

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

My overall experience has been positive! I used Canva before and I think that Visme is a significantly better design and visualization software.

Pros

This is an impactful tool to visualize reporting data and revamp our presentation and proposals. I have been able to visualize data points in a creative and compelling way. I have design freedom, but I also have access to templates if I need inspiration. I also think that the ability to add data directly from an excel document is a feature I now cannot live without.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about Visme is the presenting and downloading options. If I want the interactivity and animation to show, the project has to published on the web or downloaded at HTML5. The issue with published to the web is that you cannot go full screen, there is a web search bar at the top. With downloading for offline, the fonts I have used in my projects do not download correctly.

Courtney
  • Used for 1-5 months

Absolutely love Visme

Reviewed on 16/01/2021

Great experience overall. There was a small glitch with animations when i first started designing a project, but when I contacted support they had it fixed the next day.

Pros

The fact that I can drag and drop graphics and images directly from Adobe Illustrator is a game changer. It saves an incredible amount of time. There are also a ton of features to explore on future projects.

Cons

The only issue I had was trying to change the background color on one project. The controls were locked for some reason.

Issuu

Reasons for Choosing Visme

Visme lets you create designs rather than just upload them.

Issuu
Jessica

Modern and Easy to use

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

This software was easy to use and very user friendly. I was able to learn it on my own and begin creating projects immediately. I have received many compliments on how my project look.

Pros

This software is very modern and offers a wide variety of themes and templates. I learnt it quickly and the help resources available are straight forward and user friendly.

Cons

So far I have not had any issues with this product.

Mark

Not what it seems

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

I was sold on the ability to make an interactive infographic that animates as users scroll (parallax animations). I signed up for the free trial that showed this functionality > bought the membership > spent the best part of a week designing the infographic > then found out it was a waste of time. It took days of back and forth with their customer support to find out this functionality actually does not exist outside of the platform. You cannot export what you've designed onto your website with that parallax animation. Very non-transparent; waste of time and money.

Pros

- Easy-to-use design functionality.
- But....

Cons

- If you want to make an interactive infographic, you're out of luck. You can create one but there's no option to put it on your website so it animates as you scroll.
- The customer support is poor (one-word answers on live chat).

Reasons for Switching to Visme

Their free trial showed a platform that had the functionality we needed. Unfortunately, it doesn't.
Tim

People love my presentations

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

I feel I am delivering my message much more effectively - and people envy my slides and ask me how I did them.

I enjoy putting presentations together much more

Pros

Let's face it - Powerpoint slides get boring. Even their new auto-design gets tired after a while.

Visme presentations look amazing, and it guides me to be very simple and direct in my messaging. I find it helps me get my message out much more powerfully.

Also - when it comes to infographics - there is no way I would have been able to do these without visme - and they have been very powerful

Cons

It is still an evolving product. Sometimes things haven't worked as smoothly as they might, but they have sorted most of that out. I think the ability to produce graphs is great, but could do with a few more options. On the other hand, by keeping the charting options simple, my charts remain simple and clear.

Reasons for Switching to Visme

i still use Canva for some things - it is better for producing a printed flyer for example, with more control over the text. But for infographics and presentations, Visme gives a clearer, bolder result
Nirav
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Powerful Platform To Create Impactful Presentations

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

We create weekly review presentations on Visme. The templates are very useful. Also, cross-device collaboration helps in accessing and editing files anytime anywhere. If cost is not a constraint then you should go for this tool.

Pros

Visme has a huge and impactful ready-to-use template library creating a unique selling point for itself. The graphic options available are unbeatable.

Cons

Visme is a more expensive tool as compared to other SAAS platforms. Only large organizations can afford the same.

Kim

Content Creation, No Graphic Design Experience Needed

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Overall I have been very pleased and will continue to use it to deliver quality content for my clients.

Pros

As a business owner, Visme has been a wonderful tool for creating content that is professional and engaging without the cost and delays of outsourcing design projects. It is easy to use and learn.

Cons

I have found sometimes it is buggy - slow to load or features do not work at times.

Adobe Illustrator

Reasons for Choosing Visme

More features

Bradley

Visme for Simplicity

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

I have been praising this software since my first use of it. I am a 20+ year industry veteran and familiar with all the usual suspects, it doesn't replace our Adobe Products, but it does work as a fantastic partner or alternative at times for client workflow. It is a great alternative however to Powerpoint and Keynote where you so often end up with version or compatibility issues. Being able to design in one place, alongside the end user and them see it come together and work exactly as they expect is priceless. I love the ability to have everything hosted in the cloud as well as the direct integration of video. The software has a very small learning curve, a experienced designer can be up and running in minutes and an average user in a few hours.

Pros

We love the centralized ability to have everything in the cloud and accessible for our team and clients. For years we do as everyone does and have passed presentations and documents back and forth that were simple and needed minor edits and you would deal with compatibility and version issues. This simplifies this greatly, giving our clients often times a place to dump in content that we can design around or a place where we can be completely creative and they can dive in and review, what they see is what they get and we love that feature.

Cons

The software is new, therefor you can expect some unexpected bugs, things don't show up as expected or the page needs refreshed so it works as expected. Overall, these have been very minor and we see how quickly the visme team is working to improve the product so I see this being less of an issue over time.

Isabela
  • Used for Free Trial

My experience on Visme

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

I'm working on an slide presentation for a specific foundation where I am currently doing my student internship, and thanks to its tutorials I can make my slide presentation to be interactive by having pop ups or by skipping to different slides (with a click or by hover). It also gives you the possibility to add media (videos) on it.

Besides of that, even if I can't use the premium templates, by looking at them, it can give me some ideas on how to decorate every slide.

Pros

Definitely I really enjoy the diversity that Visme gives you when it comes to present your project, whether is a slide presentation, timeline, brochure, or any other form, you'll find tons of different ideas along with templates to experiment. They even give you themes such as: Nature, Birthday, Business, and much more. Not only you'll find nice template designs whatever your need is, but also you'll find many types tutorials to make your experience easier. If you have any type of doubt, you can contact the Visme Support Team and they'll email you in a short amount of time. So far, I'm overall happy with the experience.

Cons

Okay, here may sound a bit contradictory to what I wrote above, but yes, one of the advantages of Visme is the diversity you'll find on the platform BUT is also one of the problems. Here my out: As a member of Visme, you'll some cool design templates with different themes (whether is a slide, brochure, infography, timeline etc), however, the majority of the coolest design templates are only for Premium members, in which obviously you'll have to pay. In my case, since I'm still a student, I can't afford the Premium advantages. That's the only disadvantage I could think of. It would be a nice touch to give more template designs for the non-premium users.

Also, it's a shame the platform doesn't let me upload a video directly from the computer, because it takes time to create an Youtube or Video account and then uploading videos on it.

Cassandra
Cassandra
  • Industry: Design

Visme: The Easy Way to Create Professional-Looking Designs

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

As a user, I can confidently say that Visme is an excellent tool for creating engaging and informative visuals. I love that it's so easy to use, even for someone with no design experience. The templates are great, and the drag-and-drop editor makes it easy to customize them to match my needs. I also appreciate the wide range of features, including charts, graphs, and other visuals that can be used to present data in a clear and concise way. Overall, I'm very happy with Visme and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, user-friendly tool to create visuals.

Pros

I love using Visme because it's an easy-to-use, versatile tool that can help me create professional-looking visuals for a variety of purposes. Visme offers a wide range of features, including templates, charts, graphs, and other visuals that can be used to present data in a clear and concise way. I can also add images, videos, and text to my visuals to make them more engaging.

Cons

I have been using Visme for a few months now and I have not found anything I didn't like about it. It is a very user-friendly tool that allows me to create professional-looking visuals without any design experience. I would highly recommend Visme to anyone looking for a powerful and easy-to-use tool to create visuals.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 6-12 months

Create your Presentation with a modern touch with Visme

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

My overall experience with Visme was great. I was fascinated by how good the presentation templates look and how well presentations can be designed with the use of this tool. However, as I used the free version I was not able to get my presentations as .ppt files which was slightly inconvenient to me.

Pros

Visme is a web-based Presentation and Infographic tool. What I liked the most is that Visme has some great looking, modern templates that can be used to create amazing presentations. This vast template library makes the process of making a slideshow very interesting rather than making one with a conventional tool like Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint. The modern look on these templates is fascinating. Moreover, there are a lot of icons, shapes and logos to be chosen to include in your presentation. Furthermore, smooth and modern animations can also be included in the presentation.

Cons

There are few cons in this tool as well. The free version gives only a small amount of icons, shapes and templates to be used in your presentations. Also, the free version doesn't allow the user to download a presentation in PDF format or .ppt format. Free version only allows the users to download the presentation as a bunch of JPEG files which is a huge drawback (not applicable for Premium/paid version). So in free version, if you want all the fancy animations and effects to be on your presentation you should connect to the internet and present the slideshow via the website.

Andrew
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Software for building infographics

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I used Visme to build my online portfolio of infographics to assist me during the interview process while i searched for a new role

Visme was great and helped me land a new Director of Communications role at a company that needs more visual communications. I will be recommending that my new employees get up to speed and use visme.

Pros

I found the software intuitive and feature rich. I was able to easily import individual elements I had created in illustrator and have them appear and get arranged exactly as I had imagined.

The templates provided are strong as well and I could easily apply my own branding.

I also found it very easy to make them interactive.

Cons

I think that the presentation builder (ie slide shows) could allow more flexibility. right now, you need to create individual duplicated slides with an element or 2 added or removed to simulate a slide

Tyler

Visme's software makes creating graphics, images, and infographics very easy.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Pros

The ability to pull from a large number of icons and images; the ability to work from pre-made templates and "make them my own"; the auto-save functionality; the ability to create my own color palettes; the ability to download as a PDF or image and to have the option of directly embedding into a page; if I do have an image/graphic embedded on a page, I love having the ability to edit on Visme's site and have the changes immediately be reflected on my website without having to download anything new or update any other code

Cons

It sometimes signs me out while I'm in the middle of a project; I wish there were more pre-made templates it would be cool to have some new ones continually added; oftentimes the "settings" menu doesn't disappear after I click it, and I have to refresh the whole page just to get it to go away; I really don't like that I can't right-click a project to open it in a new tab ... if I have multiple projects in a folder that I need to work on simultaneously, I have to open up my own new tabs (for each project), go into the folder, and open it that way the experience would be much improved if right-clicking opened up the project in a new tab.

Miriam

Great Platform

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Visme is a fantastic platform to work on! They provide a clear, easy to use design system for ultimate implementation.

Pros

What I love most about the platform, is the block system.

Cons

What I like least about this software, is that every little perk requires me to upgrade to a premium account.

Great visual storytelling tool

Reviewed on 04/10/2018

Great experience, completely changed how we report things internally (no more cumbersome PowerPoints or visually unappealing excel graphs).

Pros

Affordable, and premium offers a lot more features, options, and templates. Tons of templates and forms of graphic assets to choose from. Video at the beginning of each new project is easily searchable to learn how to use a new feature, but the tool itself is intuitive. Premium also allows for brand pallets with new default colors and fonts for a unified theme. Great alternative to illustrator for far less money and for users will little design experience. Love the feature to upload excel doc and output is a visually appealing graph or chart that’s customizable.

Cons

Doesn’t allow you to copy and paste things into visme from another tool or document. Would be nice if some of the tools on the toolbar were labeled, it’s odd to locate the duplicate and delete button because it’s not in a easily accessible place. Wish the PowerPoint presentation templates came in a size other than widescreen.

Response from Visme

Thank you for the review and your comments. We will certainly take your recommendations on improvements into consideration.

Dalia

Visme Review

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Pros

Templates are great and very good icons and colour options.

Cons

The software can glitch sometimes. Sometimes when you try to paste an item it will not paste directly to where you want it. When I view my projects it shows double the amount for some reason as well. There could also be more shapes.

Emmanuelle

Like a light in the night

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

We needed help to create and mail out a gazette providing respite for the informal caregivers that we support year-round and who found themselves confined to their sick loved ones in the spring. These people are mostly elderly and without internet. We found the ideal tool with visme. Easy, reactive, in constant evolution and an exceptional support. Visme and its support team, is considered as a partner within the team.

Pros

Quality, ethics, ease, accessibility, continuous improvement, support, listening, training, intuitiveness...

Cons

None, i am a big fan!
If I have to pick, it would be about the payement organisation. My hospital couldn't pay , They didn't have a crédit card, I personnaly had to pay first. But it is peanuts !

The templates save me a ton of time, and pre-built widgets help me customize the slides

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

The templates and pre-built widgets and icons help me create very high quality presentations. The audience is very impressed when I present. It is easy to navigate through the application with the dashboard and projects aligned very nicely. The text and graphics objects specifically are great which takes manual work out of the way. The analytics help me track who viewed my presentations, and by using my own logos and colors, I can customize my slides to exactly the way I want them to look.

Cons

The animation could be improved. There is no way to animate based on a mouse click, you can only start it at certain time. Switching between projects is a little cumbersome.