Cornerstone LMS

4.0/5

220 Reviews for UK Users

Powerful LMS

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Overall our experience has been great. The LMS does exactly what we need to train our employees.

Pros

Cornerstone is very powerful. It has all of the advanced functions we need for a large and complex organization.

Cons

The admin side can be hard for a new user. It takes time and training to understand all the power and complexities of the system.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review! We are happy to hear that our LMS has the functions you need to make your organization successful. It is a powerful system and taking the time to learn and complete training only aides in understanding and utilizing the systems to it's full potential. I'm glad you have had a great experience and I hope that continues!

Emily
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A good product that needs some attention to make it great

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Support can be a bit hit and miss. Turnover of account managers has been high the past few years, so we feel like we have been having a lot of repeat conversations.

Pros

The functionality is comprehensive, with a lot of features you can customize including custom pages which are great for improving the user experience.

Cons

It is a very slow system - each time you update a field, the whole page refreshes. There are still a lot of functionalities that one would think would be a given with an LMS that despite feedback, they choose to focus on their bigger scale feature releases.

Moodle , ELMO Software and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Highly customizable, better suited to a larger organisation
  • Industry: Banking

Awful LMS

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Pros

Security, is almost impossible to hack with the spaghetti and awful code it has.

Cons

Simply put, is the worst LMS I ever tried.
- Very, very sluggish, in time response and workflow.
- Not intuitive, every time we make a course, we also need to make a PDF manual for the users, unbelievable.
- Full of bugs, the tool is unpredictable, we launch a course, and if many users report a problem there is no way to fix, we need to make a new course with a different ID, even if the admin test the course, there is no way to make changes after it.
- Complete lack of plugins or extra functionalities.

Maybe it would be a very good LMS if we were in 2005, but right now, we have much better options.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Higher Education

Robust learning management system

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

We have been pleased with the ability to consolidate our learning offerings/tracking and the ability to automate our assignments and emails. This has streamlined our efforts and saved staff time doing manual processes.

Pros

I like that we can have all of our required trainings in one system and can automatically assign them to our learners along with sending automated emails. It is great to be able to run reports out of one system to track learning. I am also excited to see where we will be using the tool in the area of Skills.

Cons

The evaluation tool is not that easy to use and the reporting is basic level. It needs to be an area of focus.

Kristen
  • Industry: Machinery

Cornerstone Review

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

The customer service and implementation team was very helpful and professional throughout our journey.

Pros

I love the ease of this product and how functional it has been for our organization.

Cons

There really was only one function that we weren't able to implement through Cornerstone, however we are managing around it.

SAP Business ByDesign

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone was simply a better option for our work needs.
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A system full of interesting functions, but difficult to 'cooperate' from the admin's...

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

From the Admin's perspective - it is very hard to work with the system, creating anything takes a lot of time and you can never be sure that all functions will work as you want (some you set up at the stage of uploading materials, some later - sometimes they are mutually exclusive).

From the perspective of a person who uses Cornerstone for learning - quite intuitive navigation through the system, visually approx.

Pros

Many nice features, like Playlists - you can create a playlist with any links you want and share with employees (e.g. leadership Inspirational videos/articles).

Easy to assign training for a big group of employees (very easy to create a specific group based on employees' features like a place where they work).

The end result, e.g. assigned training, looks good from the user's perspective. Easy to re-assign which is very useful for mandatory training.

Cons

The biggest problem for me is a very unfriendly administration panel - to create anything, you need a lot of "clicks", and in every part of the system, it looks different (e.g. you have to sometimes click 'done' to add something, and in another place just click on '+'). Sometimes it seems to have no logic (even Cornerstone employees have sometimes problems answering how the given feature will work...).

It is also difficult to edit anything in many places, which means that you have to start work from scratch (e.g. when creating a test, you can set that user will receive partial points for multiple-choice questions, but if you did not choose it when creating the question, you have to create the question from scratch)

And the last annoying thing for me - practically nothing can be deleted from the system if it has been used at least once, which creates a long list of unnecessary materials / tests / training / etc and makes it very difficult to find what you need.

ProProfs Project
Amy
Amy

Adding and tracking attendance for our training courses is easy to maintain with Cornerstone.

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

The main benefits are being able to track on report on which customers attend our courses and how they evaluated our courses.

Pros

What I like most about Cornerstone is that I can add and track our courses and customers who have attended our courses. A majority of our courses are offered virtually so being able to effectively track attendance for these courses in a simplified way is very beneficial to us. We also have advanced courses that our customers need and since we do not allow customers to take an advanced course with the pre-requisite course is extremely valuable to us. We do not want out customers to get frustrated when they attend a training that overwhelms then when they should have take a introductory course first. Cornerstone makes this easy to implement our protocol. I also like they customer can easily receive email confirmation when they locate and register for the course. They also can get in their email the Student Manual for the course and also integrate the date/time of the course in the email application.

Cons

Sometimes, our customer don't know exactly where to go to launch a course they are scheduled to attend. They have to go to their User Profile and look at their transcript. Although most customers to locate this, some can not. We wish it could be easier so that our customer attendance is high and we can continue educating our customers on the products we offer.

• Industry: Legal Services

Cornerstone across the years

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Very positive. In the last 20 years I have worked with Saba, Sum Total, and Cornerstone. This has been exclusively Cornerstone for the past 12 years. I'm sure that says something!

Pros

It is functionally rich with a clear and visible roadmap of future product development and in recent years clients have had some level of influence and input into this.

Cons

It is a hugely configurable platform which is both a strength and also a weakness, particularly when first implementing. Rapid innovation in emerging areas such a skills and learning in the flow of work whilst critical, does carry the cost of leaving some parts of the platform looking a little tired and in need of overhaul (e.g. managing events and sessions).

• Industry: Wholesale

An excellent way to organize and provide employee training.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

We have used the Learning module for a few years and added in the performance and recruiting modules. My focus is on the Learning and Core modules.

Pros

There is so much we can do to improve our employee education / training with the system.

Cons

We are not using the software to it's full extent so there is a lot of clean up to do. We are also part of a larger corporation so I'm not able to use some of the new features without assistance from the lead organization.

• Industry: Banking

So glad my organization made the switch!

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

Pros

We use the Learning, Performance and Succession Modules. I really like the fact that each module "talks" to each other. It makes for a more robust platform and reporting is so easy!

Cons

The Succession Module works but there are times that it can be a bit clunky. Overall I do like how they all work together.

Phillip
  • Industry: Dairy

Best in class

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

I've been a user for many years. I like the product, and believe the company is always striving to move forward.

Pros

The user community is the beast thing about this product. It's huge and people like to share. Cornerstone is a great partner for the community as well.

Cons

The inconsistent support experience. Most of the time it's great, but too often it is slow or not responsive at all.

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

Growing company, and needed a new product to meet our needs

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Best in class, and we already used the other modules of the product.
Lin

Top notch Learning System For Our Premium Needs

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Cornerstone Learning has been firmly a part of training and development workflow for as long as I have been a art of this organization, and it has served us well. The UI is easy to the train for both our end users and administrators/educators. Yet, we have just only cracked the surface with the modules that we have employed.

Pros

Cornerstone Learning is intuitive to learn with a mostly clean interface. Some newer systems have more modern and updated features, but Cornerstone does the job for us. I love how relatively easy it has been to engage our users and deliver quality learning objects.

Cons

The content development tools are growing, but find external authoring applications is still essential.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Higher Education

Cornerstone Learning has been essential to our learning culture!

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Cornerstone is a great partner to work with. I have been so pleased with our main contacts over the years and I feel that they truly do advocate for us and help us achieve of institutional goals. Their tier 1 support is 5 stars- I've never been disappointed with the help and attention I receive from tier 1. I do think that tier 2 support could take some pointers from tier 1, as this year I have not been happy with how a couple of my escalated tickets were handled. I will say that I wrote in feedback about this and Cornerstone immediately contacted me to gather information. They are truly a responsive company that I have enjoyed working with for almost 6 years.

Pros

I love the versatility of it. There isn't just one way to do something. We have come up with creative ways to achieve and end goal. I also LOVE the Cornerstone Success Center and the Knowledge Base. It's so amazing how theyve built a community of their customers that's actually engaging and helpful!

Cons

The system itself is not difficult to learn. Just like any other system, you have to learn it and get comfortable with it. I also dislike that some of the functionality is antiquated (like groups) or just looks "old" (like the test engine). Cornerstone is making strides in updating pieces of the system and we have been so happy with their updates in reporting, the LAT, the content uploader, and Edge.

Shelly

Cornerstone On Demand - Full Suite

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Pros

Learning/Performance/ATS/Succession all in one place.
Customization, allows you to really think outside the box to meet use cases.
Robust curriculum builds
Versatile checklist, we use for skills and onboarding
Certification tracking
Easy of use for end users
Reporting - love the recently updated reporting 2.0
Performance Evaluations, very smooth process and easy to account for multiple steps and calibration.

Cons

Customer Service, while improving is still not timely.
ATS, while improving there are several issues to work though. The largest being how rehires are handled.
External Registrants being seen as internal causes system issues

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Shelly, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy you see value in having multiple Cornerstone products. They were meant to work together and make your organization successful, while making it easy for end users. Customer service is a big focus for us currently. We are dedicated to improving our response times and overall support. I hope you continue to see improvement with support and our recruiting product. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Shannon

Cornerstone is Great

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

Pros

We use Cornerstone for all of our learning and development as well as performance initiatives. We have many employees out in the field so the mobility of the platform is so important us. Help us keep up top to date on compliance training as well as employee engagement. We love it and would highly recommend it.

Cons

We are able to have all of our training and development and performance processes on one platform, which has been great! There is no more need to switch in between platforms to compare data, it's all in one place. Reporting is so easy with Cornerstone because we have all of our data in one place to anyalyze.

Elisha
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

We have come a long way.

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

We have seen Cornerstone make improvements in the time that we have been with them. Our team have been self taught for the most part. Fewer tickets have been submitted. We have discovered opportunities that we would like to explore and use the system to its fullest potential.

Pros

The Performance and learning modules are used the most and we were able to accomplish what we needed as we switched from a different deliverable.

Cons

Some pieces within the modules do not have the same behavior across the board which can make it very frustrating at times.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Elisha, thank you very much for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you have Learning and Performance, which is a powerful duo to help foster employee engagement & development. I hope you've enjoyed the community and resources within the Cornerstone Success Center. We would love to support your team, if you would like speak to a live person, I encourage you to join the Client Success Office Hours, to continue expanding your knowledge. Thank you for being a customer!

Giulia

Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

The best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports of their direct reports' training. In addition to the reporting functionality, Cornerstone as a vendor has been great! I have an amazing team that I can rely on to provide me with the answers and solutions to my issues and initiatives.

When evaluating a Learning Management System, I think that the support you receive after implementation is just as important as the product itself. Of course, you wish to receive a product that meets all of your business needs, but it's important to also look for a company that provides ongoing support. Cornerstone provides that to their clients.

As an administrator, I found the system to be very easy to learn and use. It's logical and provides a clean look. Users require very little training on how to use the system. It's intuitive for them and for someone like me, saves time from needing to train users.

Thus far, I have been able to implement all business initiatives through the Cornerstone system. There have even been a few requests that I have been able to accommodate using a work-around that Cornerstone helped me create.

The system is well designed. I have never logged onto the system and have it be unavailable (unless during scheduled maintenance). You can trust this product and its team to fix system issues quickly and efficiently.

Cornerstone consistently provides support to its clients. In the beginning stages, the sales person helps you to purchase the right product for your business needs. You are then paired with an implementation specialist who makes the process easy! After implementation, you are assigned a client success manager. My CSM always makes time for me and returns my e-mails/phone calls. In addition, I can always reach out to global product support and take part in webinars with other clients and CSMs to get answers to my questions.

Franz

CSOD Client Services Structure Is Great!

Reviewed on 08/12/2015

Cornerstone OnDemand's Learning Cloud is a robust LMS that provides all of the necessary functions to properly administer an organizations training operations. Our training department manages hundreds of simultaneous training sessions every week, from self-paced elearning and webinars to ILT sessions and third party vendor training, CSOD has helped us keep accurate training records and produce valuable reporting data integral to our business strategy.

There are many helpful functions within the Learning Cloud, but one in particular that has been a time-saver is the Test Engine. The Test Engine within CSOD has helped us reduce the cost of administering and maintaining tests. We constantly test our employees for job proficiency. After much thought and planning, although we had the option of building tests using authoring software like Adobe Captivate or Articulate Quizmaker and then uploading them to the Learning Cloud, we instead decided to use the Test Engine. The Test Engine allows us to build a database of test questions and categorize them. This makes organizing, updating and create new tests simple and faster than using authoring software.

In addition to the useful functionality within the Learning Cloud, CSOD's client support team has been outstanding. I can't rave enough of how valuable it is for any company it is to have a DIRECT relationship with their LMS vendor. CSOD provides us with a dedicated client support representative and a whole team of troubleshooting partners that are available to answer questions or resolve issues. CSOD's client support is amazing. In addition to having actual people you can talk to over the phone, CSOD hosts several live webinars that touch upon different functionality within the software. There are even office hours where a CSOD specialist is available for discussions about LMS administration or strategy.

With so many useful features and an absolutely fantastic client support structure, CSOD should definitely be in the conversation when discussing the top five enterprise level LMS applications in the market today.

Chelsea

Solid LMS and LXP

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Pros

The reporting features are the best part of the LMS. Not only can you get any information you need, but you can customize the reports to fit your needs exactly.

Cons

Tracking certifications is a struggle and overly complicated.

Tanya
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Cornerstone has made our training lives so much easier

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Cornerstone LMS has been a lifesaver for our training. We love that we can upload our own trainings, assign out to all employees (2000) and have a record of them reviewing the product. We , as a law enforcement agency, find it very important to have accurate record of training especially for law suits.

Pros

Once we figured out how to use Cornerstone it has been very easy to use. We have multiple training managers and the product has been easy to teach to many others. Our employees have found it convenient and easy to find available training.

Cons

Some of the set up process has been difficult to figure out. Creating certification or attestation forms has been difficult.

Holly

Cornerstone is the Best LMS Solution We've Found

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Love it! Easy to use, robust, great courses.

Love it! Easy to use, robust, great courses.

Pros

Cornerstone is the most innovative and easy to use of all the systems we have tried.

Cons

I wish it were easier to upload the OnCourse compliance courses. Other than that... no complaints

Margaret
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Cornerstone as a Learning Management Tool

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Overall, the LMS is great. We have seen increased user engagement with the content and completion of training items. In addition, the Playlists are a big hit and I love how we can customize the Learner Home Banners and Welcome Page.

Pros

Working to integrate Cornerstone with our business had some challenges with setting up the system with our vendors, both current and previous. While we still have trouble with our integration from ADP to Cornerstone, our transition to the system has been pretty smooth. The system offers SSO Access which cuts down on the need to reset passwords and has a very sleek and intuitive design. I think that is the best part of the software - end users find the tool easy to access.

Cons

As a Learning Administrator, I am responsible for updating content and learning assignments throughout the organization. Versioning content and their associated assignments in Cornerstone is very confusing, and I often make mistakes that cannot be reversed. I think that is what is challenging about Cornerstone - once you submit a change, it is difficult to undo without a back-end service.

Toby
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Talent Management with Ease

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

I think Cornerstone LMS has a lot of potential that can apply to many organizations. With the continuous improvements in the quarterly releases, the system is often being improved and issues being addressed.

Pros

The learner interface is very easy to use and very modern. Learners can find training rather than always relying on training being pushed to them

Cons

There are some features that are a bit outdated and can cause the administration to be a little more involved than it needs to be.

• Industry: Automotive

Powerful, detailed LMS and more

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Pros

Course upload, assignment, and display is all great

Goal setting and performance reviews look great on employee side

Cons

Certifications are complicated to set up and use, but they have their place, Test Engine is not intuitive but they say they are working to update it

Nicolas
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Efficient SaaS tool, used since more than 8 years

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Pros

Quite efficient and complete learning solution
Continuous new features on recruitment to be highest than the average of the market
Implementation performed by Cornerstone and an integrator (in 2010 and 2015)
Dedicated points of contact : 1 for commercial, 1 for technical
Security role management

Cons

Still some delays to get answer on support (~2-3 days)
Wait some features improvements to improve administrative action in the system.