Fergus

Job management software for trades and service businesses

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.6/5

154 Reviews for UK Users

Amy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A far easier way to run the day to day of your business.

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

I’ve pretty much gone completely paperless - the calendar and task feature is my diary. The customer support is epic and I love using this software. It’s been a game changer for me.

Pros

How it keeps track of 99% of everything I need to run the day to day side of my business. I dunno how I managed with out it. Everything is attached to the job electronically and you can go back and look up what you need.

Cons

There’s no inventory to track the left over materials from a job to reassign them to another

Simpro

Reasons for Switching to Fergus

The customer support is top notch.
Karen

PRSL Taranaki

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

There are lots of benefits that outlay the cons. Have used Nimbus & Simpro in the past. Simpro I believe is one of the best systems however is rather expensive.

Pros

- Easy
- Very visual
- custom emails responses & templates
- supplier invoice downloads (JA Russell)
- field staff find easy to complete COC's and job cards
- forms is easy to use for internal audits and tailgates

Cons

- WIP doesn't download very well would be great if PDF Option
- unable to custom status's
- unable to create credits for invoices have to void then recharge
- quoting reporting would be great if we could filter to groups
- hazards need to be mitigated by all staff however not all staff are scheduled on works?

Liam

Makes life easy

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Pros

Very streamlined and well thought out software. It is designed to make the tradesman's life easier and it certainly does that well

Cons

Recently they updated their pricing and it in my opinion is perhaps getting too expensive, considering there are plenty of competitors out there

Thomas

Fergus Review

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Pros

Calender function and easy to use interface

Cons

A few features lacking, a few bugs. We are hoping these will improve with time, being a subscription based product

WorkflowMax and Simpro

Reasons for Switching to Fergus

Price, integration with our preferred suppliers

Response from Fergus Software

Hey there, thanks for this review. We're always working on improving Fergus - keep an eye out over the next few months for new functionality!

Gregg

Has been a game changer for our business, i wish it was around 10 years ago!

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Invoicing and quoting are much less of chore and can now be done much quicker than before. This has resulted in an improved cash flow for or business.

Pros

Tracking and entering costs (both labor and materials) has made our invoicing and quoting much more accurate. Being able to set up favorite item lists makes quoting much less of a chore than it used to be as items can be just selected from a pre made list and added where needed.

Our wholesalers send us daily CSV files with our purchases which are then uploaded directly to Fergus. The Job numbers are all linked already so its just a matter of clicking a button and the materials are automatically assigned to the job and corresponding site visit.

Pricelists are also uploaded from our wholesalers so prices for thousands of items are available instantly and are up to date. This means jobs can be invoiced quickly and on site if need be.

We also use Xero for our accounting software and Fergus integrates perfectly with it.

Cons

Integration with the Xero employee pay function is the only thing lacking. At the moment all our employee times are entered into Fergus for each job then each week their hours need to be enetered into Xero again for the pay cycle. It would be great if they talked to each other so we didnt have to do it twice.

Response from Fergus Software

Love that we are changing your business! Thanks for the review Gregg.

jason
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

excellent

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Pros

simple to use and ease of use. makes my business much smoother. typing this message is now annoying me.

Cons

would be nice if customers had access to post notes on a job , so as we can monitor all correspondence.
would be good if one person could insert hours for multiple persons on the online version and not app version (one click does all workers)
being able to insert your own test certificates and compliance certificates (Australia) is a massive miss.

when creating an invoice and importing workers hours it would be good if the description of what each worker did next to their hours so the client can understand what each worker has done, at the moment the hours and the job description are in different areas.

Ipad pro does not let you type in lower font when entering materials to a job

A
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fergus review

Reviewed on 01/03/2017

We love Fergus - very flexible, saves us a ton of time with processing and scheduling. Could do with a bit of modification around statements/customer invoicing/payments and also the number of clicks to navigate around the site but overall an excellent app and we highly recommend it!!

Pros

ALmost everything. It saves us a heap of time with scheduling and processing jobs. It is easy to use and reliable. There is alot of capacity to communicate with both customers & employees within the app. Reporting is a breeze and at a click of a button. Excellent

Cons

There are only two things - sometimes it takes more clicks than necessary to navigate around the website which is a bit of a pain. And the invoicing/statements functionality and payments process could be improved - I currently can't select for a statement for a certain time frame within a customers account and it would be good to be able to record payments at the time of invoicing instead of ok'ing the invoice and then having to process the payment.

Sonya

Personal Perception

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

I have used Fergus for some years now and under different employers; builders, plumbers, sparky and even a company that washed buildings and had a national team of employees to manage. It's a great all-round system which really negates the need for any other system other than our accounting package Xero. It's a lot to set up (like they all are) but once the background work is uploaded it covers so much for the team on the front line as well as in the office. Now also with H & S being added in - it really does keep work efficient. I have recommended you to over 30 people already! Thanks so much.

Pros

It covers having a customer file, GPS logs, H&S, jobs, calendars, quoting and invoicing. So I like that we only have to have one system that works really well with our accounting package.

Cons

When you get used to using something and really like the way it was but then it changes. For example, the new map.

Trevor

Great program

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

A first i was a little worried starting a new program. But once it started and we got going, it is a piece of cake to navigate and manage. From creating a job - to invoicing. Its great.

Pros

The fact that every job is easily managed and can be traced back when required by clients. If all information is loaded on to each job, it makes life so easy to manage, service, and invoice all at the click of a mouse.

Cons

Not a lot really, just minor things when allocating jobs to staff. When changing a job to another staff member, you then need to physically need to go back inot the job and physically delete them from that job, as it will show up on the system that they have not entered time, or need to attend site.

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Overall Fergus has been brilliant to use. I have used a couple of other systems in the past while working in other companies and Fergus seems easier to use, more straight forward. It's been perfect since we went out on our own, it was easy to learn the system, it works well with Xero. I've recommended it to a few companies.

Pros

The software is so easy to learn and use. It's accessible on my phone & Ipad so I can check information and jobs anywhere. It works perfectly with Xero.

Cons

There's no way to track van stock. And recently I could add another customer who had the same name as an existing customer.

Michal

Our positive experience with Fergus

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Fergus have been very accommodating, their service is personal friendly and attentive. We have been with them from their early days and have watched them grow and develop, they take on board their client's feedback. Given the fact that we are dealing with a local company, as oppose to a large international company, as we have in the past, has meant that we can resolve issues more easily and faster. Unlike with previous companies, in Fergus, they actually do answer customer's calls, it feels more personal.

Pros

I love that I have every detail of each job file in one place, from the first call of a potential client, to the last invoiced, all the job history, ie correspondence between Us and the client or Us and a supplier or any account detail relating to the job. I really like that it is locally owned.

Cons

Our accountant struggles with certain aspects when needing to retrieve financial information and do reports. I personally wish that in order to show to and fro correspondence in any specific job, that I wouldn't have to copy and paste replies from Outlook back to Fergus. Keeping a paper trail is vital in our business.

Andrew

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

The best part about Fergus is having everything related to a job in the one app, which can be accessed from your office computer as well as any other smart device you have it installed on.

Pros

It has everything I need to use on a daily basis and allows me access to all my site notes, photos, and day sheets remotely so I can always access what I need to know about any job quickly. This program allows quotes/estimates, invoicing, supplier documents, day sheets and employee trackers all in the one program.
Fergus sends all sales and purchase data entered directly to some accounting software. Easy importing of supplier documents.

Cons

I have found the GPS to be a little slow to load. Also the fact invoices can't be easily edited after approved can be a little frustrating.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Utilities

Fergus save the day

Reviewed on 09/12/2018

Wonderfully encouraging

Wonderfully encouraging

Pros

I’ll keep it simple and straight to the point.
If you don’t use Fergus then you are missing out big time.
I’m nearly at the end of my fourth year in business with a busy little maintenance Plumbing business. Being a newbie I’ve made lots of mistakes that have cost me a small fortune. Not having Fergus to date is the biggest one.
It makes your operation , what ever it may be , run smoothly and have structure. It’s easy to pick up , with a brief training session the crew and office are off and away . I’m on the tools so I see it from both sides . Admin had a fair amount it of set up but once all the computers and programmes got talking to each other and Fegus was live we haven’t looked back because to do so is mind blowingly surprising. How the hell did the office girl stay sane.
If you are in two minds, just do it. You won’t regret it, you will cringe when you look back but in saying ,you’ll never look back

Cons

It’s hard at first when you get to end of job and have to make up a gear list when used to racing off to next emergency.but that’s a good thing , right

Shirley

How well Fergus does for a plumbing firm

Reviewed on 01/06/2019

We are happy with the product, although we look forward to some more improvements in the future that will assist our business.

Pros

Easy to use and all in one place. Great how csv files integrate so no downloading and data processing of invoices from the major firms (hopefully one day all firms will be integrated!) Reporting good.

Cons

Not quite suited to a commercial plumbing firm, lacks in some areas such as retention payments, large on-going jobs and not repairs and maintenance type work.

Brett
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Comprehensive, easy to use, great Support

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Fantastic Fergus team and support, especially for someone who thought he was not savvy when it came to accounting and planning.
This has made my life so easy which in turn has helped my business succeed, in my 'perceived' areas of weakness as well as helping me grow in those areas.

Pros

I use this on every aspect of my day to day month to month job plan. It syncs with my accounting package and I never have to go to any other software package.

Cons

To be honest I have yet to find anything I would call cons. You dream of great software to help you, well here it is. people who understand and have created exactly what we need

Nina

Great for trades

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

Fergus is designed specifically for trades which suits us perfectly. It integrates seamlessly with Xero which means jobs are automatically filed (if already marked complete) when paid, saving me time. The Fergus staff are extremely open to suggestions and are constantly improving their product. Happy to recommend!

Pros

Integration with software, conversion to invoice from quotes

Cons

New calendar is taking a bit to get my head around, no formatting in job descriptions and notes (big sigh)

Fraser

good

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Pros

Ease of use. We are a company that does small and medium sized jobs. When doing smaller jobs there are more of them so fergus makes it easy to keep track of everything

Cons

- Cant have multiple colours for employees jobs. For us this would make it easier to organise the teams day as they would be able to differentiate an urgent job from a job that be done at any time throughout day

Sarah

Fergus Review

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

I like the features of Fergus, the ability to have photos on the job and the overall ease of use.

Pros

I am entrenched in Fergus and really like how it operates. I work about 55 hours a week and find it so easy.

Cons

Only when things go haywire like the Site Description scenario the other day

Response from Fergus Software

Hey Sarah, it's always good to see our users enjoying Fergus! Thanks for the review

Lorraine
  • Industry: Building Materials

A practical all on one system for trades.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

A working software than we can rely on

A working software than we can rely on

Pros

It is user friendly and there is continuous work to improve the user experience. It has an easy to read format and uses commonsense.

Cons

That you can't go back to a category page in the dashboard ie invoices you have to go home and then into that category and then the next item.

Amelia
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A must for Tradies

Reviewed on 05/03/2017

We have tried 3 other management tool's and by far Fergus stands out as the winner.
If you want...

If you want something quick and easy to use on a phone it works great.
The best tool for us however is the quoting feature that then allows us to add variations to the job and all report under the one Job code - Love this tool :O)
The Support Team are always really helpful and respond quickly to emails.
I have found in the time we have used Fergus they are always enhancing the capabilities of the tool.

Pros

Quoting and variation to jobs reporting

Cons

Nothing that I don't like

Peter

It has been basically completely trouble free, any bugs have been able to be worked around -...

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Proactive day-to-day job management for my trade business

Proactive day-to-day job management for my trade business

Pros

Outstanding sole user pricing plan
Active development plan with both functionality and user interface/usability improvements.
Keeps me in control of my daily business job management!

Cons

Ipad/iPhone app: some quirky behaviour in text boxes that have more text than can be displayed
Ipad web browser some calendar scheduling functions are not operable.

Sue

The easiest to use programme for our plumbing business

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Pros

The fact that we now miss no invoices from the guys forgetting , cashflow much better , office work cut in half

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this product . It is the best product on the market for plumbers to use

Conrad

Electrical company review

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

There are many benefits Fergus has provided our business. Time management and job efficiency has been the most important for us.

Pros

Fergus is a great system we are using to help with job scheduling and management of our workers and also great with invoicing jobs once completed, as it links with our xero account as well. Its also provides us with good analytical data on jobs, so we can see our margins and net profit we are making. Very happy with the service provided.

Cons

Set up was interesting and we got some advice from a local virtual assistant company to help with it. It would be great if Fergus had a local contractor to help with this in our area.

Response from Fergus Software

Thanks for the review Conrad! We really appreciate it. We're working on making support and training as accessible as possible, so your feedback is really important to us.

Darrell

Its that Simple

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Fergus has been a great program for us as we are not a huge company and it manages all our client info and jobs that we have, It simple, it run perfect with Zero.

Pros

That it is simple to use and work through my jobs i have running and that it cuts my paper work with invoicing at the end of the day,

Cons

The way it processes the voiding job/invoice/estimate/quote process,

Stuart

Happy User

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Easy to keep track of jobs and invoicing

Easy to keep track of jobs and invoicing

Pros

Easy to set up and teach to new employees

Cons

Not a big fan of the mobile (IOS) app.