UpKeep

4.7 (1,223)
Mobile computerized maintenance management software

(1,223)

• Industry: Machinery
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

UpKeep for a Multiple Facility Manufacturer

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

This the first full CMMS our organization has ever used.
UpKeep was chosen after trying a number of CMMS systems against some basic goals.
UpKeep is competent, easy to implement, easy to use and has the best Customer Service team

Pros

The customer service is the best! Fast and competent replies to issues and feature requests.
Ease of use for everybody. Setup and maintaining the system was intensive since we have over 1000 assets spread out over 6 locations and 13 buildings and UpKeep is fast, easy and simple build the database with. The template uploads helped get us going and the inline editing was a great addition.

Cons

The "View Only" account is a free account. Since we have nearly 50 supervisors and leads, this free account could be the answer for communication and information. They can see open work orders so that they don't double a request. They can see the Preventive Maintenance calendar to plan their production around servicing of the machines. They can see the performance of the maintenance team in their departments. They can do reports. They can see everything.
The problem is if one of these "View Only" users submits a work request, they cannot comment on the work order. Commenting on ones work order is only allowed on the free "Requester" account or the paid accounts.
At first this wasn't much of a deterrent but having to call or send email to maintenance after submitting a request into UpKeep just to make a comment is tedious when the comment section is already in a work order.
It is even worse on mobile because it will let a person type a comment only to pop up a flag saying this is not allowed when pressing "Send". There have been a few frustrated users at this point.
I continue hope that the UpKeep team will resolve this and have a communication system that is the best!

Dave M.

Excellent CMMS for Facility Managers

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

It has been great using UpKeep. Our rep did a great job setting me up and getting my technicians trained has been easy as well - and that speaks the simplicity of the application. All my technicians have Galaxy Tab A 7" tablets which they use with the UpKeep app. They're able to receive work orders while in the field, see all info needed to complete the task and close it out from there. Very efficient and effective. No complaints for the team at UpKeep, they really seem like they care about their product and customers.

Pros

The way it looks. The way it works. Simple, familiar design. Easy to learn and use the interface. A lot about making an application work efficiently and smoothly, is a familiar or simple to use interface, which this meets x 10.
Great tools to utilize; from work order requests, to repetitive work, to inputting assets and added users.
The dashboard is a great tool to monitor who inputs the most work, or closes the most, to what locations or categories are being worked on the most - and thats all linked with your assets to manage life-cycle of equipment.
The support team is very helpful as well. I've had simple questions here and there, and "chatting" on the desktop site yielded very quick responses within minutes of asking.
Love the way I can create my own criteria for Assets, ex; Model #, Serial #, Lifespan, Install Date #. This allows my team to custom build the system to work for our facilities needs.

Cons

Some things still need to be thought out a bit more. A few examples:
-Consistency: between the Android app and the Apple app, both are not identical and work a little differently. For instance, the camera interface and drawing options are a lot more extensive on the iPhone. As well terminology doesn't stay consistent, even with the desktop version in an internet browser; "Dashboard" on the app is "Reporting" on the desktop, and within a work order, there are "Details" and "Update" pages on the app, but on the desktop site they're "Details" and "Activity" - but yet they're the same functions. Someone wouldn't understand this until they've used it of course.

Robert E.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great For our Small Team

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

Communication across departments had been a struggle. So Upkeep helps us all be on the same page and know that concerns are addressed right away and not forgotten on some clipboard. Also being able to look back at old requests has helped in creating reports for our board of directors of what we have been doing.

Pros

This software allows our two Maintenance Techs the ability to see what projects and fixes need to happen at a glance. And its a great motivator to get to check items off once they are done. It is really helpful to allow a wide range of team members to post requests from their phone, and the ability to add a picture takes the guess work out of diagnosing the issue. It was cost effective for us with a small team to have two techs on the account, and people from Upkeep were very helpful in getting our account set up.

Cons

There have been a few glitches with the software where it was hard to access the information or I was getting too many notifications, but those usually sorted themselves out quickly. Having to pay for each tech on the account makes it harder with employee turnover and training new ones... Are they going to stick around, or are they tech savey enough. But we have key team members with access and they direct any others. And they product is easy enough to use as long as you just get familiar with it. The tutorials are very helpful.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Robert. Thanks for letting us know about the challenges you face with paying for X amount of technicians and retaining that same amount. You can contact us at any time through the "View Plan" page in UpKeep to add/remove technical licenses.

Alec W.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

New User

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Originally all work orders were recorded on paper, Upkeep eliminated that process. It also provided a more accurate way to track productivity of technicians as well as monitor frequency of maintenance performed on certain lifts.

Pros

Data saved online; removes the need for a local server
Easy to use and understand
Comes as an App also that can be used on your phone

Cons

Plans are a little expensive
Starter plan should allow an administrator and at least one limited-technician or its useless
Slow process of getting all parts & assets added into the program.

Hippo CMMS and eMaint CMMS

Reasons for Choosing UpKeep

Upkeep was by far more user friendly and is more easily adaptable to today's work environment regarding implementation and utilization of web-based technology.

Reasons for Switching to UpKeep

This product seemed to fit better with what we do on a daily basis.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your facility!

Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager.

Jon H.

Excellent Tool for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

No more hand-written work orders, the ability to take pictures and draw on them improves communication with team members to execute the work order, response times are faster, employees can track progress, grouping, sorting, and note taking helps us keep each one moving forward. Excellent tool.

Pros

From my desktop or smartphone, I'm able to communicate easily with my team to quickly address our facility issues. Employees who have an need can stop me in the hall, call me at my desk, or fill out their own request at their convenience. They can check on the status of their work order when they want. It has improved communication and response time, is a breeze to use, and is so cost efficient. We've been using UpKeep for 2 years, field about 40 work orders per month, and highly recommend it to everyone.

Cons

I really can't think of one thing, seriously. It meets all of our needs and when I have a feature request, the team adds it to their list for consideration.

Mike L.

An excellent tool

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

With 50 properties it allows us to better track the projects at each location and let the maintenance team know what priority level each one is so those that need immediate attention are getting it first. It also allows us to track production and regular preventative maintenance.

Pros

How easy it is to use and allows us to track the progress of all work orders, whether we handle in house or involve an outside contractor.

Cons

Wish you would add one simple feature- a place to add an email address or two. Although we encourage our leaders and managers to enter the maintenance requests in the system, we have times where we enter them and then they are not aware of the progress because they are not part of the email updates.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders!

Leslie S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

User Friendly - Resourceful

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

We use Upkeep predominantly for Maintenance issues but we've also found it's very helpful for safety issues as well. Upkeep is also great when you run into problems you've already had (as long as it's used correctly) in that you can look up to see what was done to fix the issue last time. Lastly I like to use upkeep to notice trends. If we have the same issue once a week and it takes the same fix each time, we need to look for a permanent fix or look into the preventative maintenance on the machine, etc. It gives us somewhere to start.

Pros

Upkeep is user friendly and a convenient way to not only enter maintenance issues but to be able to recall them for similar issues that happen in the future. I also like the clean PDF print outs as well as the fact that it has a phone app.

Cons

I wish there was a more detailed "update" screen so that we could update where we were with orders, if the work order was reassigned to someone else etc.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Leslie! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so excited to hear you talk about using the data that's collected in UpKeep to make more informed maintenance decisions moving forward. That's awesome.
I've made a note about building out the update screen more and will send it through to our engineering team. We take all feedback to heart, so thank you for sharing that with us!
If you need anything else, please let us know and have a great day! https://www.onupkeep.com/

Jason F.

Time and Efficiency

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

As our company continues to grow UpKeep will be a key tool in managing assets and workflow.

Pros

We currently manage 9 Facilities over about 100 mile radius. When I travel to a facility I need to know exactly what tools and supplies I need. I love that someone can not only put in a request, but can also take a picture. I always go, knowing exactly what I will be dealing with. We have only been using this for about 6 months and I am so excited to continue using and finding new ways UpKeep can save us time and make us more efficient!

Cons

Usability with some of the advanced features is tough sometimes, but customer service is great at helping me figure it out.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage 9 facilities.

James H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

It is as essential as a telephone or email

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

The software is unquestionably great but is only as good as the team that developed it, fortunately they are fantastic too. Even with a significant time difference the Upkeep team manage to keep me informed on updates and react quickly to issues, allowing me to focus on my job.

Pros

It has completed modernised our process and in such a simple way, it didn't take us an age to get started and the data grows with us. The limited access accounts has allowed us to show transparency to our client base while keeping our data secure and the clients happy. Our site based technicians have the information they need immediately and the real time updating means they can assist each other remotely, sharing skills and knowledge has vastly increased productivity.

Cons

There are some minor discrepancies between operating systems, but knowledge of them makes it very easy to overcome.

Eric S.

UpKeep is The Best

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

I have used several different platforms for work orders and I believe this one to be hands down the best!

Pros

I think the ease of the software is the best. Learning how to use all the functions is fairly simple and when used head to head with other similar software or apps, you learn pretty fast why UpKeep is worth the investment.

Cons

My only complaint is that whenever you use the mobile app it sends notification for every little entry to all users on your system. If someone is filling out a work order and putting in what they have done and used it sends like 4-8 notifications that the particular work order is being edited. This makes your phone or pad go off repeatedly. I would love to see the notifications only come up when a new work order comes in, when someone puts it in progress, puts it on hold and completes it.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate your feedback! I have escalated your issue with the notifications to our engineering and product team to see what they can do about it. Please know we do our best to resolve all feedback like this.
Thank you for your support of UpKeep - we're so glad to have you as a partner! https://www.onupkeep.com/

Greg M.

Appropriate for Heavy Civil Construction Company

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Although his product was not specifically designed for running the equipment side of a construction company, the product continually adds features to tweak the product. Other similar products made for construction are extremely costly and have a costly annual fee. They also require days of training and tens of thousands of dollars. We love how streamlined and easy Upkeep is, and anyone can access it from their phone or ipad. Laptops are not needed. Upkeep suits most of our needs and the team is willing to listen and implement features to further meet our needs. This is a key feature as far as we're concerned: the engineers are willing to listen and tweak a few features to compliment the needs of a big construction company. Other products felt old and cumbersome and Upkeep feels light and easy!

Pros

Helps us track work orders, preventative maintenance, equipment tracking, vendors, parts inventory and more. Also helps track meter hour readings. Easy to use for all of our crews. Most importantly, Upkeep tries to add features based on our feedback. Super value and ROI for this easy to use product! Can be used from phone, tablet or computer and is graphically clean and EASY to use.

Cons

Not entirely made for the needs of heavy civil construction, meters are not made available for non-administrators to enter. While everyone can request a work order, we wish there was a bit more the crew could access from a specific job site.

Ron C.

Keep it up Upkeep

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Upkeep is helping to keep the department on track. We appreciate how the dragon of daily details is kept at bay while helping to get a grasp on future concerns at the same time.

Pros

Upkeep is great at helping us compile our facility management information in one central location that is easily accessible to different users in ways that are suitable for them.

Cons

I can't remember whether there are more ways of tailoring the automatic email responses for those entering requests into the web form at higher license levels or not .... This is an area that it would be great if there was more flexibility.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and manage work orders.

Joe L.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great Product !!!! Game changer!!!

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

One feature we were looking for was a platform that was easy to use for the requesters. Our requesters have to enter very little to submit a work ticket. This translate to more people using the system.

Pros

UpKeep is extremely easy to use for Requesters and Administrators.

Cons

I would like to see the cost to add Technician lower .

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Joe! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear UpKeep has improved your team's request workflow and it has helped increase the amount of requests you receive due to ease of use! That is awesome! Thank you for being an UpKeeper!

Aaron C.

Upkeep for Facilities of Church

Reviewed on 24/02/2019

I have enjoyed the entire experience. Upkeep has helpful, proactive staff who offer a weekly training, of which we have attended and enjoyed. This also gives my techs/customers a chance to get trained directly from the maker instead me having to do it all the time. It also helps us to stay up to date on advances and changes. The app has been working great for us! We left the software “Freshdesk” to come to upkeep and that has been a great decision!
Thanks upkeep!

Pros

The software is easy to use for both techs and for customers. We set up all departments of our church as customers so things can be easily reported via the app on their phone. I love the app based software and that I can manage it from a computer as well.
The fact that upkeep offers nonprofits a discount is a huge plus as well

Cons

I wish it updated the requester whenever an order was noted not just when you change the status of the ticket. This would inform the requester of noteworthy updates regarding communication on the issue when there was no update on the status.

Joseph O.
  • Used for 1+ year

Great Management of Workload, Equipment, and Assets

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Pros

This is very helpful in the management of our commercial building and helping to keep our tenants happy with the efficient management of our resources. Our maintenance and security teams are well informed about updates and reminders of protocols within the property.

Cons

It was not so much the software but the implementation of it when we first introduced it into our business ecosystem. But that's more on the attitudes of the staff more than the software itself.

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for UpKeep! We are so happy to hear that UpKeep has positively impacted how you keep your tenants happy with efficient communication and management. If you're successful, that means we are successful! And to hear that your maintenance and security teams have experienced better communication makes us so proud of the good work you and the team did rolling this out!

I'm sorry to hear that you experience some challenges in implementing this with your team. We do offer free weekly webinars on the importance of and the navigation of the UpKeep app. This is great for new team members and for those staff members that need a refresher! You can find those here: https://www.onupkeep.com/customersupport/webinars/

Thank you again for leaving us a review! We really do take and appreciate your feedback seriously.

Aaron W.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Great so far. Looking forward to getting my direct reports involved in developing the system

Pros

The ease of access and functionality with a user friendly interface that is simple to use.

Cons

To log plant/equipment delays (breakdowns) as one large database with multiple cells to populate

Ken M.

Upkeep is Pro quality

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Like I said, it streamlines my company's issues regarding maintenance. I have an immediate pulse on all properties. We have transitioned from reactive to proactive maintenance on many fronts. Great asset that couldn't live without.

Pros

Upkeep is thorough, comprehensive, and yet easy to use. It serves my company's needs regarding maintenance perfectly. We save time and money everyday. As a regional I can evaluate daily progress in each of my communities. I keep a pulse on every property better than I ever have. I cannot imagine going backwards and not having Upkeep.

Cons

It works very well. Any issues are normally self inflicted. If something does pop up the Upkeep team always fixes it immediately. They are a great resource to keep me going.

Andrew F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Reminders!

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Its been a great software to keep tract of assets, parts, and ordering for reoccurring items.

Pros

The Upkeep software is great for general reminders on preventative maintenance. It's a great way not only to set dates and times for work but also detail notes about service and products that might need more technical knowledge.

Cons

Sometimes the software does not update work orders on the screen quickly or automatically. It would be nice if i didn't see reoccurring preventative maintenance orders when i know they repeat. I only want to see one period of time without having to use filters.

Brent K.

Great idea , can't figure out how to use it

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Thought it would be a great tool for my business partner and I. We tried to fill out a couple of forms with current work orders, entering information line by line and dollar values where needed.
The form seemed to just sort of come to a dead end with no place to send the information to and no information on what to do next. There's no contact information for tech support, and although it seems like a great system we don't have the time to sit down and try to figure it out and explain it to our employees later.

Pros

It helps show status on current work orders, also captures cost and profit easily. It keeps good communication between my partner and I.

Cons

The form you fill out starts off easy to fill in the blanks, but then ends up a matter of gas work with no way to send the information to someone and no instruction, it just ENDS.

Response from UpKeep Maintenance Management

Hi Brent,

Firstly thanks so much for your feedback and it was great chatting with you over the phone earlier this week.

As I understood, you love the idea of UpKeep, but are just having some difficulties getting set up and using it. I am really looking forward to working with you and your team to get you guys trained so that you will be set up in no time.

I apologize about the difficulties in the beginning.

-Ryan C

Chris A.

Extremely user friendly!

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

A lot of benefits! Able to track items and work orders.. Be able to view them and keep everyone updated on where that work order stands. Having multiple users so everyone is accountable for their assigned tasks! Just an overall great software!

Pros

There are many things to like about this software.. If I had to pick my #1 top thing it would be that its extremely easy to use! They have it laid out so well and it's easy to follow and track your work orders and supplies! It was well thought out by the developers!

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Chris!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

We're really glad to hear our software is helping you and your team easily keep track of work orders and your inventory! I will definitely pass along that everything was easy to use and well laid out to our development team!

Matthew P.
  • Industry: Machinery

I can honestly say i love using this app, 100% made my job alot easier.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

I can keep an eye on stock levels. Keep track of the jobs i have done and jobs still to do. This software as saved me loads of time.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and well set out. Any problems with the software in my experience have been sorted out within 24 hours. The people on the team are great and are always available to help with any problems big or small. I would really recommend this software to anyone.

Cons

As maintenance engineer I service my machines on a 4 week turn around, but the software only lets you choose either 1,2 weeks or 1 month option or the recurring jobs. I have been told that this will be added in a future update or the software. Other than this i can not find anything i don't like about the software.

April M.

Great customer service tool

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

This was easy to begin using. As we have more time to enter assets and tag them we are finding more functions

Pros

Ease of use for technicians and tenants. Everyone can utilize this app online and on their phone. Attaching photos and videos

Cons

I wish tenants could see the progress of all work orders for their suite not just the ones they enter.

Mihai V.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best CMMS on the market

Reviewed on 24/11/2016

Im the Maintenance Manager for a coffee shop franchise. I have over 15 coffee shops in maintenance.
With Upkeep i managed to be more efficient with the repairs, to have complete records on what is happening in the shops, how efficient is the equipment, what im spending repairing the shops and i always know what parts i have in stock and what i need to buy
Best software on the market and very user friendly

User friendly
Great customer support
You can add a lot of information about equipment and keep a stock of parts

Pros

User friendly
Great customer support
You can add a lot of information about equipment and keep a stock of parts

Cons

The software is always evolving with our suggestions so i don't have any cons

Response from UpKeep Technologies

Hey Mihai!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team track all of your restaurant maintenance! Now that you have accurate stock and inventory your customers will always be able to enjoy their coffee!

Bob W.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Very helpful software

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

My experience with the software has been wonderful. They are constantly making improvements. recently there were major improvements to the visual layout on the mobile app and made location and asset management easier.

Pros

Before using UpKeep i was using hand-written logs and spreadsheets to track PM's, repairs and parts usage. with UpKeep it's easy to find solutions to common problems that others experience months or years down the line by looking at an asset's work order history. parts are easily found and assigned to equipment with all information included for reordering.

Cons

so far I haven't found any down-side issues. it has been a great help overall.

Nicholas D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Beston Pure Foods

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Pros

Ease of use on technician and requester level

Cons

Somewhat limiting on asset management and tier system, fewer options for work order customisation than desired.

MEX Maintenance