Bookwhen

Flexible online booking system for SMBs

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

157 Software options

Great platform for small studios but lacking in features

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Pros

Setting up classes is quite easy, especially with the featuring of repeating weekly and being able to click which days applicable. All our students love the automatic reminder emails 1 day and 1 hour before the class.

You can also attach your own Zoom account which will automatically create zoom access codes. Checkout is also a breeze since you can pay via credit card directly. PayPal also receives the payment in real time.

Cons

I don't like the fact that the zoom codes are automatically sent to the students whether or not they have settled the payment already. If they paid via Credit Card then that's okay, but if you also accept payments offline such as via Bank Deposit, GCASH, etc., this is bothersome.

The booking page is VERY plain and has 1 static look. Basically, it will just list down ALL your available classes and dates in ONE column. The most you can do is have button filters at the top of the page that will filter it depending on the class but again, it will just be in ONE list.

Booking multiple classes is tiresome since students will need to click each date and add to the cart one by one. There should be a better way of choosing dates.

The CLASS PASS feature was great at first but the way it was built on the page is annoying. If students click their preferred class pass it doesn't lead them to a page showing only which classes are applicable, it just leads you back to the main page. This makes our bounce rate really high.

Jo S.

Bookwhen are amazingly supportive

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

my website looks more professional. Customers are now able to view, book and pay for their classes via my site and once they've booked they receive an automated email from me with links to videos or zoom meetings if applicable.

I am keeping on top of the health screening forms and waiver documents.

Also I'm finding my accounts quicker to produce.

Bookwhen have a team of lovely people. I would love to meet them in person. They have been extremely patient and kind to me. I feel like they are my friends

Pros

I am the thickest person on the planet when it comes to using computers. I have been a Bookwhen customer since June 2020. They have held my hand from day one and still continue to do so. It is so lovely to have a team of wonderful people there to help me out when I get stuck. Finding your way around the system to do the basics is pretty easy. When you get stuck there are a team of experts to help you Monday to Friday and they are always quick to reply and extremely helpful.

Most of the time you will not need live help as the Youtube videos and written articles are fantastically produced. There's also a Bookwhen community on Facebook that you can join.

My clients are loving the Bookwhen scheduling app too. They enjoy using the system to book fitness classes with me. This saves me so much time. I don't have the burden of manually booking people in and out of classes or taking payment. This year it was so quick collate the information needed to produce my end of year accounts too.

I will never use another scheduling app. Bookwhen are amazingly supportive.

Cons

A couple of times I've wished the system worked in a slightly different way. The great thing is that there is a feedback button that you can press and suggest these changes to them. I have noticed some changes since I've been a user.

I hope eventually that the system will text my clients as well as email them to remind them of their bookings but I think that this facility will be extremely hard to find at an affordable price for someone like me who works by themselves to runs a few fitness classes a week.

Andrea O.

Great for a small business!

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

My overall experience is positive. Bookings have increased, admin time has decreased and the chat support provided by BookWhen has been quick to resolve issues.

Pros

For me the greatest advantage is that it has given me more time. Doing all the bookings myself and the emails back and forth and trying to workout payment methods was very time consuming. Now I receive fewer emails to respond to with most customers just booking on and choosing to pay online. I feel that bookings have also increased since having the BookWhen system.

Cons

I'm not very good with using technology and it's taken me a bit of time to get my head around how to set up the BookWhen features and use them. I find that for me it's often a lot of trial and error. However, I do frequently go to the support section to read the articles which are most often quite helpful.
I do wish that the forms section was more sophisticated. I tried using attachments for my forms - however customers rarely print them off and bring them to class. Paper forms is something I'd really like to get rid of.

Mindbody and Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Bookwhen

Mindbody had more features than I needed and is expensive - seemed more suitable for larger business. I really liked the forms feature of Vagaro - and that nearly swayed me; but it also had a cost that I felt I couldn't justify for my very small business. Bookwhen covered everything I needed for my small business and at a reasonable cost.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for leaving us such an honest review! It's nice to learn you've got less admin and more bookings since using Bookwhen :-) We're sorry to hear it took you a while to get up to speed - do make the most of our support team, as we're always happy to help out! Regarding your forms, we'd love to chat further to see if it would be a possibility to recreate your form file as booking fields instead. Please do get in touch if this is still an issue. Best wishes, Jenny

Claire L.

No need to look anywhere else, Bookwhen is the best option!

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Bookwhen has enabled me to run my tiny yoga studio with a lot less stress. I had been thinking of just doing bookings by SMS etc, but within 48 hours, Bookwhen had already demonstrated its value. There is zero chance I would remember everyone's bookings/cancellations/changes if it was done by SMS. With Bookwhen, my customers can make their own changes whenever they need to, meaning I don't need to get involved.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer service and fantastic pricing.

Cons

There are minor limitations... eg it doesn't integrate with Mailchimp yet. But this is offset by the excellent customer service - willing to listen to suggestions, always respond quickly to confirm whether your idea is already on their list of things to look at etc...

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Claire, thank you so much for your wonderful review. We're really pleased you didn't go with the SMS idea and chose Bookwhen instead! :D We always welcome your suggestions and feedback and look forward to many more years of working together! - Jenny

Jennifer T.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Quick and easy bookings for our sling library

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

We run a sling library for local parents, holding three sessions each month. We're volunteers doing it for free. We were finding that far too many families were turning up for us to deal with, meaning they had to wait ages to see us, and we were stressed, run off our feet, and running over time, ending up late to collect children from school and nursery. We set up a Bookwhen account so we could organise the sessions (so everyone doesn't arrive at 11am) and set a maximum number of available slots. It's made a really positive impact... we no longer dread busy sessions and customers know they won't have to wait long.

Pros

This software is easy for customers to use and takes the load off us, because we know that once the maximum number of bookings is reached, nobody else can book, so we don't end up with over-attended sessions.

Cons

Setting up new events is a little long-winded... if we could copy an existing event and change the date, that would be handy. If I accidentally click on our own account link, I can't sign in as admin, so I have to re-enter the general Bookwhen page to log in. Also, when we send customers a link to our page, it seems to send them in to one particular time slot, and the less logical among them don't realise they need to press back to get out to all the available booking slots.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Jennifer, thanks so much for leaving us a review!

I'd love to address some of your cons, as it will be helpful for you to know how to avoid these in future!

First off, you can duplicate an entry for exactly that reason, to save setup time by just changing the date. Send us a message if you're unsure how!

You can log in to your account from any Bookwhen link, so please do get in touch so we can explain further if need be :)

When sharing your public page with customers, make sure you're sharing just the core page url, like https://bookwhen.com/example , with the bit behind the / but nothing more than that. That way no event is pre-selected for the customer

Thanks again, so glad to hear how well the system is working for you! - Jenny

Leonie M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Booking Software Ever!

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

It's easy to use, affordable, has great features and customer support is always great.

Pros

Not being very tech savvy, I find this system so easy to use.
I run a small home-based business so it's great that Bookwhen is not and expensive to have.
Excellent Customer Support.
It has all the features that I need.

Cons

I would say that the TROLLEY symbol should be bigger or a CART function needs to be applied as when some customers want to make multiple bookings, they don't always notice the trolley symbol near the class and so they book and pay for each class seperately. This causes an inconvenience.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Leonie,

Thanks very much for this amazing review! Regarding the basket system, we've actually introduced a banner at the top of all booking pages with a live update on number of tickets and price, so I think this resolves the particular issue you raised :) It should be even clearer for your customers now!

Joanne B.

Love these guys

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

A;ways receive exceptional service

Pros

Bookwhen is very user friendly and an easy way for my customers to book their classes and walks. If I ever get stuck with anything the team at Bookwhen always respond quickly and are always so nice about everthing. Highly recommend

I like that there is a button to return customers to our own website

Cons

Would be nice to know whether cancellations have been made by me or the customer and for what reason with an easy way of tracking.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Joanne, thank you very very much for leaving a great review and mentioning our team in such a positive way :-) Your feedback about making it clear how the cancellation occurred has been passed on to the team for future development. Best, Jenny

Tanya T.

Bookwhen Software Rocks

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

As a small non-profit ticketing software can be overly expensive for our organization. Bookwhen offers a great product that meets our needs at an affordable price. There customer service is fantastic, they are very helpful and we found them to be quite responsive. They continue to add new features each year which has given us additional functionality. Highly recommend this product!!!

Pros

Ease of using the product.

Cons

There needs to be an easier way to manage people that are on the wait list. Both in terms of viewing a list of all people on the wait list without having to scroll through all bookings and in terms of contacting them and booking them into a different time slot.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Tanya,

Thanks very much for your review :) Thanks for the feedback regarding the waiting list. The function works really well for the vast majority of our customers, but I can see how things would be a bit trickier in your case as you had around 40 appointment slots per day. You're welcome to get in touch as we'd love to make the waiting list process work even better for appointment set ups like yours!

Catherine B.

Bookwhen has made a massive difference!

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Great customer support. Very patient and friendly!

Pros

The automated system that enables customers to determine availabilty and book in themselves 24/7.

Cons

Would like to more easily amend booking infomration if there are changes e.g. to attendees. Also wouold like to be able to transfer payment if a booking is cancelled before a transfer is made. Also cannot currently transfer to booking of higher vale and pay the difference.

John H.
  • Industry: Sports

Simple but powerful

Reviewed on 18/01/2017

Dont underestimate Bookwhen. A tiny application compared to some other software booking packages but it's versatile, powerful and great to use. My clients find booking easy and repeat bookings even easier. I'm very happy with it.

Pros

It's easy for a new client to book into a class and easy for a regular client to use repeatedly and quickly. It's also easy for coaches to check on class attendance and it's veratile enought that we can use it for all of our needs.

Cons

Its clunky to keep track of cash payments and doesnt have a dedicated page for taking register once the class begins.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, John! It's great to have astute users like you on board :)

We have plans to update the attendee sheet soon so that registering people on the day will be really easy, as will recording cash payments. We'll keep you posted!

Melissa L.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for Free Trial

Bookwhen: To Use or Not to Use?

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Overall, I was disappointed with what Bookwhen had to offer. I only used it during a free trial period and quickly switched back to a program that had the features I liked.

Pros

Bookwhen is extremely easy to setup! This super user friendly platform can help you with group events such as, meetings or classes. Bookwhen also offers email reminders to help reduce the amount of "no shows."

Cons

Even with the most expensive package, Bookwhen does not have the ability to integrate with other apps that supply text reminders. While they do have some integration capabilities with payment processors and such, those capabilities are very limited. Bookwhen is also very limited on its personalization options.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback around text reminders and customisation will help us prioritise what we focus on next year, and we hope to be able to address both of these needs.

For what its worth, you can already customise your public booking page by adding a header image, changing the colour and adding a logo. All of our forms also accept Markdown, making it possible to edit text format, add in photos and many other HMTL elements.

Thanks for trialling Bookwhen, hopefully we can win you back one day! If you think you'd benefit from a demo then please just give us a shout! Thanks, Jenny

Jasmine S.

Easy to use and good customer service

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Keep detailed track of my bookings.

Pros

Great price, as we are an NGO.
I find it easy to use and to keep track of.
I like the customisable functions.

Cons

The interface could be prettier.
I'd love to be able to use my webpage as an interface instead.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Jasmine, thank you so much for leaving us such a great and honest review :-) If you're not using our integrated iFrame on your website yet and are interested, just drop us a message on the live chat so we can talk you through it! - Jenny

Laura F.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy set up and a wide range of functions that suit us better than other booking services.

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Easy service for myself and my customers

Pros

The ease of use. I was able to schedule multiple events in minutes and save time in comparison to other booking services. The customer support via live chat is amazing and gives you a chance to ask any questions to help you make the most of Book When. The updates on support information are brilliant and it is clear that the customer service team listen to issues raised in order to provide a clearer guidance for future usage. I am very impressed with the software.

Cons

I have yet to find any thing negative to say about the software. I suppose it would be nice to customise my booking site slightly more but it is not necessary.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Laura, so happy to hear Bookwhen has saved you so much time :) Please get in touch if you need any advice on customising your booking page. All of our forms accept 'Markdown' so it's really easy to adapt colours, font, formatting and add in photos to event descriptions! Thanks for using Bookwhen.

Justine P.

Perfect system to manage bookings

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

Time effective way to manage bookings.
Email confirmation very helpful when a booking is made.
Overview tab very helpful.
Manages my bookings without me having to worry.
Any queries immediately responded to and there's never been a query that can't be answered by the Bookwhen team. Excellent customer service.

Pros

The ease of setting up events.
Links to payment options.
Help pages offered every step of the way.
Option to transfer tickets.
Range of payment plans to suit your business.

Cons

If someone gets stuck at the checkout for whatever reason. You can see that they've tried to book on but it hasn't worked, that's a bit frustrating from my point of view as I want them to be successful with booking.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Justine, what a great review! Thank you so much, we really appreciate you taking the time and love hearing how easy you find Bookwhen is to use. - Jenny

Christian H.

A hassle free was to schedule.

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Great, would reccomend and use again.

Pros

It's very straightforward to use and set up your listings. The support staff are always on hand, and they also have helpful articles to follow. Simple pricing plan makes it easy to explain to others why you need budget and what it will allow you to do. Free trial without entering card details helps to get a minimal viable product up and running to show others and argue the need for the service.

Cons

Could add some more ways to filter bookings quickly, but this can be done with easy workarounds.

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great and honest review Christian! If you have any more feedback on what you think we could improve around the bookings filters, please do let us know via chat or email! - Jenny

Bizzy G.

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

The situation with covid-19 impacted my business. I teach yoga and my demographic is retired older people many of who were shielding. Bookwhen gave me the opportunity to take my classes online via zoom and a way to pay using paypal. It was easy to set up and it is easy to manage.

Pros

I wanted to create a website so that clients could book and pay in advance of my classes. The costs of creating one from scratch were mounting, a friend suggested bookwhen and this proved a much cheaper and easier way of bringing my yoga business online.

Cons

The only negative is that it doesn't look as 'sexy' as wanted it to. It is a little boring in it's over all look. But it does the job and does it well.

Adam N.

Great software - once you get use to functionality

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

Great customer support , good add on to our business

Pros

Great software , everything you need for booking in , follow up , emails and more

Cons

Takes you a while to get use to setting up events and can be fiddly
But once you’ve got it very good

Elizabeth R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Bookwhen works flawlessly for our online scheduling needs. Clean and easy to use .

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

My clients immediately gave postitive reviews. Instead of my clients waiting until the class to pay fees, they can pay when they register via credit card. It has improved my business exponentially.

Pros

I like that the user interface is simple. Many of my clients are over 50 and they appreciate the ease of use. I thinj registering for a class should be a quick and easy experience and this fulfills those requirements.

Cons

I have struggled a little with attempting to duplicate events. Many of my classes require the same description, but with different dates, different locations. This is probably user error as I am sure there is a simole way to do it.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the great review, Elizabeth! Really good to hear your customers are fans of Bookwhen too :D

In terms of duplicating an event - this is a really easy job, so please give me a shout if you have any questions on it, I can point you towards our help articles or talk you through it :)

Andy R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great Feedback

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

Pros

New implementation for the pool as it was all cash before. Now we use BookWhen all bookings and payments are online so we know exactly how many tickets are sold and it’s so easy to use we have had great feedback from our users.

Cons

Individual session entries cannot be amended in the scenario where you want to limit tickets for a particular time or date of an ongoing session. In this case we had to create a whole new event. But this was easily enough to do.

Matt E.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Easy t set up and use and FB community page is available for troubleshooting w a human problem-solver

Pros

Integrates with Zoom, automatically uploading links and emailing them to class attendees.

Cons

There's no calendar table, it's default is in list view.

Astrid A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great system

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Pros

Great personal customer support. Software saves loads of admin time.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Had to learn how to operate it at first, but now am mostly competent.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Astrid, thank you so much for your kind feedback - it's lovely to hear that Bookwhen is saving you time, and you're happy with our support! - Jenny

Jane B.

Bookwhen Review - Coast Yoga & Wellbeing

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

The Help articles are really useful and the Customer Service when I have raised questions with the Bookwhen Team has been brilliant.

Pros

Easy to set up and intuitive to use
Easy to customise
Can capture a lot of the information that you would on a website
Integrates seamlessly with Zoom
Integrates with PayPal and Stripe

Cons

No dislikes as yet from an administrator perspective

Annette K.

First Time User

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

It keeps everything very organized. Great customer service!

Pros

I like how this program has everything you need in one place. It takes payment, has Zoom and YouTube integration and allows customers to book classes.

Cons

It would be good to have a feature for customers to easily book an unlimited monthly membership for a set price.

Laura G.

very helpful customer service, a great tool for my business

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Pros

keeping track of bookings
making amendments to bookings if needed
being able to export contacts lists easily

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you Laura! Your feedback is very valuable.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Helps us let customers sign up for classes

Reviewed on 23/06/2018

Pros

We use bookwhen to let customers reserve their spot in our weekend classes. Lets us run promotions and cap the number of attendees.

Cons

Only shows the number of spaces available for an event, not the number of attendees. We've had some issues with promo codes being stackable too.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks very much for the review, really good to have some feedback! You can easily quote the size of the class within the event description or title if that helps? You're correct - at the moment you can't use multiple discounts on the same single booking. We're looking into offering this in the future, but please give us a shout if you want to talk about ways you might be able to adapt your promotional offers - we're always happy to help!