Bookwhen

Write a Review!
Flexible online booking system for SMBs

4.8/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

178 Reviews for UK Users

Angela
Angela

Super easy to set up and use and my students find it easy too.

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

Reduced administration time, fewer cancellations

Pros

The software was really easy to set up and start using. The online help was superb and really quick. Since using the software I have saved a lot of time on administration, feel more organised and my students also like it and find it easy to use.

Cons

I have been using the software for almost a year and cannot think of any cons apart from I had some trouble finding my fees charged by Stripe, but that was nothing to do with Bookwhen.

Response from Bookwhen

Wow, this review made our day!! Thanks for the love, smiles all round at the office :) Glad to hear we've saved you lots of admin time. Thanks for using the system.

If you ever have any questions about Stripe then I'd recommend getting in touch with their support. They're very helpful and responsive!

Namaste, Bookwhen.

Wendy

Fantastic Customer Support

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

I started using Bookwhen to schedule and administer Pilates, where clients must pay in advance for class, and which I keep to a limited number of participants. Bookwhen has been really powerful for me in lockdown - the integration with Zoom and YouTube has just made the logistics and admin for live stream and videoed fitness classes: I can offer my clients bundles of classes through different channels that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

Pros

Very intuitive; lots of guidance and advice available, and the Customer Service is so prompt and helpful. I use it for booking/payment of Fitness classes and it feels much more professional than manually administering customer contact. I love the automated email reminders. Overall, it is so easy to set up. And the monthly fee is scalable, so I started off with a free trial, and then the most basic offer, and have moved up as I have learned what more the software can offer.

Cons

The way that customers book - the steps involved in selecting each session individually - is the only thing I can think of. And none of my customers have complained, so this is being really picky!

Eventbrite

Response from Bookwhen

That's great to hear you found us professional and intuitive! Thanks Wendy! Jen

Bradley
Bradley
  • Industry: Sports

Helped for a good period of time

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

Simple and works well on a laptop and mobile devices.

Cons

Was promised a lot, most membership options however after waiting and being assured it was "one the way" never happened despite promises. Had to move elsewhere.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Bradley! Thank you for taking the time to review Bookwhen, we really appreciate your feedback and are always looking at where we can improve, with memberships being one of those areas! Memberships are a big priority for Bookwhen in 2019 and we're committed to delivering them then. Jenny

Kimberlee

BOOKING SYSTEM EXCELLENCE

Reviewed on 16/01/2017

I considered many different booking systems for my fitness business - but none of them offered the simplicity and user clarity that Bookwhen does. I can create recurring events with customer payment facilities attached easily, run detailed reports to understand booking trends, collect customer information for mail outs. Bookwhen even offers creativity to make the customer facing pages the same colours as my brand, upload my company logo, attachments, feature social media buttons etc.
Bookwhen's own features even prompt me to gear my business in new ways: various ticket types offer the ability to sell to the customer in various avenues, without over-complicating things. Even when I wanted to offer a commission-based element to my business that they didn't already support, I approached the team to see if they would code something specifically to support my business needs and together we made it happen. This sort of service is second to none.
The best part is that anytime I've ever needed support (which is a lot) I can use the instant chat feature, email and even call the support team to get approachable service and considered help.
Within 2 years using Bookwhen my business had grown from a sole trader to a large limited company - without such a fluid booking ability for my customers this would have never been possible.
The subscription price is competitive and the features and service are top notch, I fully recommend Bookwhen.

Pros

Its simple to understand, offers lots of features, its support team is always available.

Cons

Nothing.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, Kim! It's been so exciting watching Bounce go from strength to strength with bookwhen - you're scaling so fast now! A great partnership where you've really helped us with innovation on the software. All the best for 2017!

Kelsey
Kelsey
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Really flexible for a variety of businesses, useful for scheduling with different types of...

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Super flexible. Schedule what you want, with the types of tickets you want, with the information you want without much fuss.

Pros

I like Bookwhen because I sought it out to deal with a client who runs a business that deals with pet transport adoptions. They coordinate a drive up from the south to New England every 2 weeks, and need to register all of the information about the animals (where they're going, their health records, etc) and also assure that each dog has an appropriately sized kennel on the van. It's a little confusing, but because of the nature of the business, it's really important that everything be done safely and efficiently. Bookwhen allows us to set up transports, register the dogs, and take down information not only on the rescue the dog is coming from but also their new home. I use Bookwhen for some other, routine businesses that need yoga classes or other things run, but ultimately what keeps me recommending them for scheduling is that Bookwhen works for complicated businesses who need to take in a lot of info from customers, customers need different "seats" (crate sizes) and sometimes other information at intake. Bookwhen allows for _all_ of it, which is the best possible scenario for us.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the review, Kelsey. It's great to hear our flexibility was put to good use. I think this is one of the unique uses for the system we have! Here's to many more years of transporting pooches :)

Elizabeth Anne
Elizabeth Anne

Just what I needed for my jewellery classes

Reviewed on 07/07/2018

Pros

Easy to use for both administrators and customers. Really like that you can set up repeating events with ease. This software has made my bookings a breeze. Great customer service too.

Cons

I don't think there's much I don't like about bookwhen. It ticks all the boxes for my business needs.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth Anne, and for being such a committed long term customer :) Here's to many more years of jewellery classes!

Joel
Joel

Excellent Online Reservation System

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Overall we love Book When. It is a great product at a solid price. I can't recommend them enough.

Pros

Man, we were so happy to find BookWhen.com. We had an immediate need to apply a software reservation system for a client and manage it for them. They were starting from scratch and didn't have anything in mind. We looked around are really loved BookWhen.com. The software is easy to use, the implementation for our first event took less than 30 minutes total, that is with us learning how it worked to getting the links online where our users could reserve tickets for our event.

It integrated perfectly with Stripe payments which we were already using. Payments taken through it worked perfectly.

Cons

We can't find an easy way to take a deposit payment for an event and then have the user pay off the balance at a later date. The only way we have found to do this so far is to either create a "deposit event" and then a hidden pay your balance event, or we ask the user to make a payment through our standard gateway form.

While not a huge issue it would be nice to have one payment and page where a user could see their event, along with any deposit(s) they had posted and the remaining balance.

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you for your feedback Joel! The deposit feature is something we'll be hopefully working on in the future so keep your eyes peeled :-) Jen

Excellent software, excellent customer service and excellent value.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I like that the software and service charges a flat rate for transactions and not a percentage rate on ticket prices.

Cons

The user flow for admins is a little choppy, including the search functions and calendar views. I think there could be a more intuitive way for the layout of the the settings menus.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for your feedback on the system and glad to hear you appreciate the transparent, flat monthly fees :)

Based on the consensus from most customers, we'd like to think the system is pretty intuitive already. However, we have actually spent the summer making the system even more intuitive for mobile/tablet users and consolidating some of the admin options into more sensible places. We hope you appreciate the updates and please give us a shout if you have any more suggestions on changes to the system :)

Love from Bookwhen.

Lee
Lee

A bit fiddly for the user

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Once you know what you're doing, it's a great product - but it definitely needs some work on the user interface to add calendar links and to be able to cancel booking easily.

Pros

Integrated seamlessly into a Squarespace website I built. Looks very slick and scrolls with the page.

Cons

As. user it has 2 main flaws. 1. bookings for online events, when you add the event to your calendar, there's no link. You need to go to your email to link to the event online. 2. when you cancel an event it can be a bit of a maze to actually find your booking and cancel it. It's not at all obvious. I know my client has had lots of complaints about people not being able to cancel her classes.

Amy

Takes the stress out of managing bookings

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Fantastic!

Fantastic!

Pros

Ease of use and support when setting up.Quick response of support team to Amy queries

Cons

Nothing! So far I’ve been able to ask the team and find a solution to any queries I’ve had

Craig
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Tremendously flexible booking application

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

From the very beginning Bookwhen and it’s founders were very easy to communicate with and helped me understand how to interface easily between my web site, the application, and getting payment to my account, and providing a completely flexible data search system in order to find previous orders, edit events, and put together client mail lists. I still believe it is one of the best, and least costly booking system available.

Pros

Always allows me to set an ongoing schedule, but also gives me ability to change daily bookings on the fly from my mobile phone instantaneous if needed. I have been a Bookwhen user for over ten years and it has really helped me manage my client bookings seamlessly allowing me to focus on taking care of clients.

Cons

I can’t of anything pg that I would change about Bookwhen.

Christian
  • Industry: Banking

Easy setup, reduces admin, excellent support.

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Very good. The staff were fantastic, and their support articles were very well set up.

Pros

We used it to run training for hundreds of employees, and it made it much easier, as they could pick a time that suited them and also manage their booking (reschedule mostly) which lifted the burden of admin off ourselves. Also handy features like automatic reminder emails the day before training, and the ability to export the data gathered during booking (email addresses used for follow up material and surveys).

The Bookwhen staff are also brilliant, they have always replied in a quick and friendly manner with relevant information. This gave me confidence when I was asked tough questions about data security etc, that they could provide the answers immediately and a link to the information on their website for senior stakeholders to read themselves.

I would highly recommend this service to anyone, big or small.

Cons

Nothing, it is easy to use. I suppose there could be some limitations if you have very advanced requirements, but then you probably wouldn't be looking for a service like this.

Response from Bookwhen

What an incredible review, thank you so much Christian! We really appreciate the detail you've gone into, as this will help lots of other businesses to choose the right product for them. Here's to many more years of working together, and to the success of your business! - Jenny

Rosalyn

Simple scheduling software platform

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Very satisfied and they are adding new features all the time

Very satisfied and they are adding new features all the time

Pros

Simply easy to set up and administrate and reliable with the Best Customer Service team who always assist with kind efficiency

Cons

The calendar displays day by day in a vertical scroll down format and a monthly view could be useful

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Bookwhen

It’s based in UK like my biz
Catherine

Once you have learnt how to use it it is great

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

The capturing of data for enrolment means that parents do not have to write on the enrolment forms. We can easily see how many bookings we have and comunicate with them

Cons

The Waitlist function can't have an extra question the birth of your baby. We need this function to be able to see what other groups babies and their parents can join

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Catherine, Thanks for taking the time to provide a review, we really appreciate it!

Glad to hear that you are generally happy with Bookwhen. As I understand your point regarding the waiting list, you would like a qualification question so you can see if it is possible to book parents onto other events when their chosen one is not available? This is certainly something we could look into.

We strive to continually innovate and introduce new features whenever we can so thanks again for your invaluable feedback!

Kelly

Great Product!

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

We schedule all of our companies events through Bookwhen and are very pleased with this software. The software is fast, reliable and easy to use and customize. Plus, the prices are great!

Pros

I like that Bookwhen is easy to use, allows for customization and is affordable.

Cons

We like just about everything about this software. The only thing we would change is allow for duplicate emails when registering guests.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Kelly, Thanks for taking the time to provide a review.

Glad to hear that you are happy with Bookwhen!

Thanks also for your comment regarding allowing duplicate emails when registering guests, I have passed this on to our development team for consideration.

Your feedback is invaluable to improving Bookwhen so please do let me know if you think of anything else you would like to see.

Liz

Love it

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I absolutely adore this booking system. It is super easy to use and is great value for money. It is easy to set everything up and take payment online or cash payments. Groups of bookings is possible, continual bookings and course bookings are available.

Cons

I would like to be able to see past bookings for longer periods of time. Being able to see bookings from a month ago would be fantastic and a way of printing out the booking sheet with contact details of my clients would be great too. I don't know if this is already an option and I just haven't found it yet.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Liz,

Thanks very much for the love - much appreciated! I'm glad to say you can view bookings from the past and attendee sheets too - this has always been the case from day 1 with the system. You can consult our support library at support.bookwhen.com to find out more :)

Thanks for using Bookwhen!

Renee

It works perfect for my small business.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

I like the ease of use for my side and the customers side as well. Also the charge for using the service is affordable.

Cons

Wish I could sell products on it. I would sell my artwork products. Once in awhile when a customer cancels a class it does not refund their money.

Response from Bookwhen

Hi Renee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear that Bookwhen works well for you and your customers.

You can refund your customers through your payment gateway (Stripe, Paypal, Worldpay) but unfortunately we cannot push this through for you. However, I have noted your comments on this and your wish to sell products through Bookwhen (if the products you sell are similar you could set up a separate ticket for them, but this wouldn't work for unique items).

We are continually innovating and looking for the next feature to add so let me know if there is anything else you need.

Simon

Simple, easy to manage & integrate into payments

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

It’s got better over the 12 years we’ve been using it.
It’s great that we don’t have to run any...

It’s got better over the 12 years we’ve been using it.
It’s great that we don’t have to run any software on our own systems.

Pros

Easy to add new courses and see who is attending via the integration into our calendar.
Love the integration with Stripe for payments.

Cons

Like all software, I would like some additional features, the main one being split payments through Stripe via Klarna. The other is the ability to automatically send out a post course email.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks so much for your review Simon! It's great to hear love the Stripe integration :-)

Jen

Sarah
  • Industry: Sports

More time to do what you do!

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Awesome! Professional looking 'shop' front, less admin for me giving me back time to work on my real work - the planning and coaching and building my business! Clear integration to Zoom and PayPal. And again, great support team response giving you confidence that help is on hand if it all goes wrong. Thanks Bookwhen!

Pros

The integration to Zoom is super helpful. My class members book the class and the system sets it all up through Zoom for me - they have one click entry, I have my meetings all in! Boom! The categories in the platform are easy to personalise and my biggest shout out is to the support service - any email queries I have sent in have been answered promptly and fully - it has really helped me gain confidence in the platform and having that real time support is brilliant.

Cons

I am aware the platform continues to be developed but it would be awesome if there was some way of the system automatically checking folk in, so tracking attendance and then also noting popularity of classes over time. There is a workaround using your own spreadsheet (and manually clicking folk in), but this next level would be great to see.

Hazel

Works well, customers like to use it

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

It saved me time, it meant more reliable income for the business as people booked in advance, and over time gave me enough information about regular bookings to be able to give up my ‘day job’ and just teach pilates (using bookwhen as our booking software.)

Pros

The software works well for customers, they can book smoothly. It reduced the amount of time I spent on admin.

Cons

The one problem I had with the software (no class swaps) is now fixed. As an entry level software, I’d highly recommend bookwhen.

This has been one of the easiest quick wins for my business. It has streamlined my booking...

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Pros

Ease of use, tagging classes to be able to categorise them, the discount functionality, the teams speed of response.

Cons

It is not a difficult system but it can take a few months to iron out any small quirks to make it match your exact business needs.
There are a few minor functionalities that I would like it to have like a client notes section but the team know about this and add it to their list of modifications for the future.
The CSV file it provides me does not give me the exact MI I need so I am having to adapt to it. That said I have not spoken to the team about it so maybe it can be resolved.

Response from Bookwhen

Thank you for your review! It's so good to hear that you find Bookwhen easy to use and a quick win - that's what we are aiming for! Please do reach out to our support team about your CSV requirements so we can discuss these further. - Jenny

Tamsin

Great system - Team is always extremely helpful when we have a problem/or have a question.

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

I find that this software is very easy to use, making it is easy for our staff to use - who may or may not be very computer literate. Overall it is simple, yet effective.

Cons

That I, as the administrator, can't change delegate's details e.g. incorrect email addresses - Bookwhen have to do this.

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for such a great review, Tamsin! Its been great supporting you over the years. I'm very pleased to say we're launching an email fix function within the next week :)

Matthew

A awesome product. I have been using it for the past 2 years and never had a problem

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Value for money. Easy to set up amd navigate.

Value for money. Easy to set up amd navigate.

Pros

Easy to follow. If i had ever had a problem i can access FAQ or contact support and support returns very quickly

Cons

I have nothong to criticize for this product. It is perfect for my bookings and is money for value. .

Response from Bookwhen

Thanks for your review Matthew. Glad to hear that you are happy with Bookwhen! We will continue to innovate and add new features so please do let us know if there is anything else you need.

Madeleine

User friendly online booking for our yoga classes

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

Pros

Easy and convenient and helping us to improve admin tasks such as class scheduling, member management.

Cons

We are currently changing things at Shanti but will get back to you with an answer to your question , we will need for clients to bok and pay for classes, courses and membership through the portal and connect with social media accounts.

Trish

Since using Bookwhen for our training programmes and events, our workload has reduced...

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use and adaptable. The waiting list function is brilliant and the reminders sent before an event works well for us. The customer support response is excellent, we never have to wait very long before receiving a response which is always dealt with efficiently.

Cons

Bookwhen has worked very well for us so far so nothing to report in this section - all working brilliantly for us.

Response from Bookwhen

Wow - thanks for such an amazing review, Trish! Great to have you on board :)