Glue Up

4.6/5

92 Reviews for UK Users

Marcel E.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simply idiot proof and ready to deploy without too much hassle

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

We are very pleased with simplicity of it. We rarely spend time training as most users simply "get it". Its simple and fast out-of-the-box solution . We now have 4 accounts running this software

Pros

I can create an event in 10 minutes , have the webpage out and create collateral. I can update anything all the way to the delegate app onsite in a few simple steps.
We moved a few hundred members into the cloud which was relatively simple, and memebrs love the ease with the member app and the profile.
Payment option are localized based on country
I can assign navigation languages etc.
I can assign a client to administer a section of the membership or a specific event.

Cons

Multi currency management is not very friendly.
During setup. I cannot correct some historical items
Some limitations with regards to registration setup for multiple events segments such as dinners post tours that needs to be overcome

Edward O.

Modern Cloud Software for Membership Driven Organizations

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

My overall experience has been extremely pleasing and time saving. Time is of the essence and we need to work fast in today's business environment, Eventbank allows me to save time and get things done much quicker due to the fact that many features of running a day-to-day business are built into one portal.

Pros

Many great features under one umbrella. From CRM, Event Management, Social Engagement, Email Marketing Campaigns, Invoicing, Membership Management & Financing, this software enables you run your business effectively and efficiently. Additionally, Eventbank designs and maintains our primary website which provides members and users with a high end look and feel.

Cons

My dislikes are minor (i.e. more member to member engagement features)

Wild Apricot

Reasons for Choosing Glue Up

I needed something that combined email marketing, event management, CRM, Finance and Membership Management into one system. After much research of other membership management software programs, I found Eventbank to be the best of all.

ChamberMaster

Reasons for Switching to Glue Up

Eventbank was the most professional looking software that I found.
Heston R.

Privacy issues, Failed delivery and refusal to refund any of our US$34,105 - stealing from a...

Reviewed on 29/09/2021

The delays and issues piled up to the point that we had to delay our entire project by nearly a month, incurring additional costs from our website developers due to the work required to meet the Glue Up integration requirements, and then be again changes once realised that the Glue Up product was not what was originally discussed as most compatible for our user needs and membership base.
We requested to exit from our agreement, and only then were we finally contacted by Glue Up representatives from Mainland USA. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] immediately identified that the team they had us assigned to were not capable fo the task "and should never have been assigned our account". We discussed and sought to rectify the issues with further conversations, however the damage to the trust of my staff and the realised differences in discussions from sale to execution we too great, so we continued to request to exit from our agreement with the 30 days period as required.
Since this time, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have rarely returned email let alone avoided our meeting calls. They have refused to refund any of our money, despite agreeing that there was at least US$20,000 of what we paid for not yet incurred or consumed by Glue Up in the process to date. They offered to provide a US$20,000 "Credit" to our organisation, refusing to any actual refund of our money paid up front. We are now literally held hostage, with no more replies, and no refund still. This is the way they deal with a Charity...

Pros

The promises made in the sales process - that were not followed through with in the delivery, or terrible customer service. Let alone the privacy concerns and now refusal to refund for services not embarked upon or delivered. Absolutely disgusted and disappointed in this unethical and unprofessional conduct. We would never recommend Glue Up based on our experiences over these last 3 months still without resolution and now theft of our charity funds.

Cons

We are an Australian Veteran Health & Welfare support Charity. From the outset, myself & my team engaged in a very competent & supportive sales process with a representative located in Bali. We were required to pay US$34,105,000 up front prior to then being turned over to a team based in mainland China. From there we encountered a continuous stream of issues including language barriers, incomplete tasks requiring constant email chains to follow up verbal conversations that appeared to expire on completion of calls. We additionally had very real privacy concerns given we requested and were sold on a product that would be responsible for supporting our membership base of over 30,000 Australian Veterans.
The delays & issues piled up to the point that we had to delay our entire project by nearly a month, incurring additional costs from our website developers due to the work required to meet the Glue Up integration requirements, and then be again changes once realised that the Glue Up product was not what was originally discussed as most compatible for our user needs and membership base.

Van mclean R.

GlueUp for NGOs

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Pros

Dealing with database management and marketing automation as part of my oversight, GlueUp serves its purpose and offers a more comprehensive and sophisticated features as compared to other CRM softwar however this may still be improved. GlueUp management is very much open to working with its clients to improve the overall system. GlueUp is the only CRM I know with events and membership management at one.

Cons

The pricing might be a bit steep for some companies/NGOs. The marketing automation may still be improved like providing a more customizable feature. For database management, GlueUp must devise a function where it will notify the administrator/user of the duplicated email addresses.

Act!

Reasons for Choosing Glue Up

GlueUp combines membership and events management which is vital to our operations.

Act! and Mailchimp
Danielle M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Choose GlueUP for your CRM Needs

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Pros

GlueUP provided us with an amazing customer experience. When we were in the process of choosing a CRM the team was extremely friendly, helpful and available to provide answers to any questions. They also were transparent with the pricing, packaging and making honest recommendations for what suited our organizational needs as a small startup. This was meaningful because we were just learning about CRMs and they offered their expertise and were trustworthy throughout the process.

The CRM platform we got the event and membership package. We participated in the customer success orientations that were client focused. They were accessible until we were able to use the platform independently.

The CRM platform we got the event and membership package. We participated in the customer success orientations that were client-focused. They were accessible until we were able to use the platform independently.

Cons

Because GlueUP is growing there are some features other platforms offer that might be of use for our organization's needs.

Neon CRM, YourMembership and ClubExpress

Reasons for Switching to Glue Up

Price, Great customer service, met org needs with room to grow
Jeff C.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

All-in-one Membership/ CRM/ Event Management Platform

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

That's seamless. The automation programme helps to save paper, and can enable the system to send auto-email to the members/ attendees with customisation function. Love the convenient set up a professional webpage in 10 mins.

Pros

Integration with Membership, CRM, Events, Marketing and Finance altogether, and it could be the only platform to support the organization's operations. Value for money and great customer success team to answer any kind of questions to accommodate our business needs.

Cons

It can beef up a little bit of the campaign module to have more targeting and re-targeting functions to leverage the all-rounded marketing efforts.

Marion P.

Best on the market

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Pros

I have demoed over 20 similar solutions. The software has all our required functionalities. The UX/UI is clean and elegant. The customer service is exceptional (special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). The value for money is unparalleled.

Cons

There are a few functionalities that could be made more user friendly. For instance, it would be great to have more options to customize the invoices or automatic emails sent. The system sometimes lags a little; it could be faster.

These are all minor details. The software is overall very good.

Zoho CRM, Wild Apricot, MemberPlanet and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Glue Up

It came down to value for money, ease of use and availability of functionalities. EventBank was much more comprehensive and cheaper than the others, as well as much easier to work with.
Clara M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Membership Solution and Super-Responsive Team

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Pros

The GlueUp team offers a customizable solution for our organization to help us manage our membership database. While this is our main use of the product, we also have access to Event Management and Email marketing features which help us further connect with our audience.

Cons

There's a little bit of a learning curve on the back end if you haven't used CRMs before- but their team is eager and willing to help train you and get you on track.

Neon CRM
Julian P.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Wonderfull Experience

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Using GlueUp has been a magnificent experience, because it allows me to offer service and value oriented towards the satisfaction of our clients.

Pros

Cons

Nothing in general, at this moment all is fine

Mya T.

User-friendly platform with powerful CRM tools and great customer support

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

Since using Glue Up, we have become more productive as the system is very smart with lots of integrations and automations in place. Ability to collect online payments is definitely a big bonus for us.

Pros

Easy to use, smart and automated. Ability to integrate cross-platform is very helpful.

Cons

Ability to produce analytical graphics for reports.

Brecht T.

Excellent All-in-One Platform to manage Events, Memberships, CRM, Email Marketing and Finance

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Pros

As an active Chamber of Commerce, we were looking for something that would enable us (and improve) to manage our events, members, email campaigns, CRM, collect payments and be user-friendly at the same time. We wanted to replace several out-dated technologies and instead use one software for our internal operations.

It also happened that at the same time we were looking for a new website solution and EventBank was in the process of launching a new solution for Chambers of Commerce. This resulted in a new (mobile compatible) website that was delivered within 4 days against a competitive price and at the same time easy to use and manage.

The support we received all our three chapters across China was very well starting with personal kick-off calls, following online webinars and a good FAQ section. Once you have a look at the platform everything becomes easy. Best part for me as Deputy General Manager is easy set-up of roles & permissions to manage and restrict access to certain pages for temporary staff and some of our interns. Also, our members can now update their information and manage their own profiles. Creating Events has never been easier with Members now being able to sign up online and pay for the event using their preferred method.

Personally, I am also a fan of the EventBank Manager mobile app. Easy to monitor sign ups for events, membership renewals, email campaigns and check in attendees on spot.

Cons

EventBank's all-in-one platform has few shortcomings that I can think about and it has meet our expectations. We are looking forward to the new products features that are being released in the (near) future.

Antonette M.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Solid Chamber Management Software

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Overall, the experience with EventBank has been largely positive and we hope that EventBank continues to listen to customer feedback and comments in order to facilitate continuous product development.

Pros

The software focuses on providing many of the functions that a chamber of commerce requires, especially for events management and CRM.

Cons

While EventBank provides for many of the chamber's needs, one of the challenges has been certain levels of customization, such as for the finance module, in order to comply with local laws.

ChamberMaster

Outdated software

Reasons for Switching to Glue Up

Best offer vs software capability
Manzar M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Intuitive design, speedy sign up and onboarding

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

I am solving a problem or managing and automating events without getting overwhelmed. This software has helped me in getting things done, especially the digital side of things for managing events for my clients, without any headaches.

Pros

Their backend interface is quite intuitive. You just learn it on your own which saves time in managing and automating tasks. I run an event management company with focus on wedding events, and I know how easy it is to set up an upcoming events page, then promoting that event, then managing resigtratoions, then getting feedback on how everything turned out. especially in the wake of Covid 19, Glue up software has really helped me in managing my events coronavirus free

Cons

some of the SEO related features at the backend are not really needed especially meta keywords. they can consider removing those features adding more features that are needed In 2021.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 1-5 months

I got through my first event and realized I needed a different platform once completed

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

My overall experience was much better than my previous with using other softwares my only gripe was what i mentioned above. If those 4 issues can be fixed then I'd say it's a great platform but for now I'm going to be finding another option.

Pros

It was easy to set up the registration page and ticket options. Somewhat customizable. Check in was standard. Reporting is descent, can download excel spreadsheets for specific ticket types.

Cons

1. The top con on my list would be the payout process. Being that my events function based on ticket sales it's important that I have access to funds more frequently then twice per month. Other ticketing systems will pay you out every few days. I ran in to an issue where I needed to pay my instructors, venue and other staff but didn't have the funds available, so I had to front the money out of my own pocket.

2. The Finance Department is based in Asia therefore I would get replies regarding my concerns late in the evening rather than in the day during American business hours.

3. Ran in to some glitches with attendees not receiving their confirmations.

4. Couldn't figure out how to bring on team members to help check people in without revealing full financials. Volunteers or independent contracts hired shouldn't have the ability to view this info. Unless i missed something?

Response from EventBank

Thank you for your review and honest feedback.

Customer satisfaction is our highest priority at EventBank, and we are taking your review with the utmost seriousness and have already put in future updates and plan to improve customer experience with the product and services we provide.

You'll be pleased to find that we do have an option available to create temporary profiles so that volunteers and independent contractors can check people in to events without having access to your entire account. In addition, we strive to consistently improve our software to make it more user-friendly as well as regular updates to our EventBank HelpDesk with new documentation, content, and tutorials on the EventBank platform.

We have dedicated Customer Success Managers around the world, servicing all time zones, so that you are able to receive a response to your questions or concerns whenever you need.

We sincerely hope that you'll consider using EventBank for your upcoming events again.

Brian

Thilaga S.

User-Friendly

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

I am very happy as it functions as one stop centre for both event and membership management.

Pros

I have been using the EventBank software for almost 1 year above. At first, to be honest, I hesitated to switch to EventBank from the previous software (the feel to stay in the comfort zone even though it wasn't).

Reluctantly, I chose EventBank due to recommendations from my employer and they proved I was wrong. EventBank made my life easier. There few points I would like to state here to justify my statement.

EventBank is user-friendly. Any software be it advanced or more advanced, but if it not user-friendly, it will not be useful for the users. But EventBank's features are simple, not complicated and easy to understand.

EventBank is an online event management software focused on customer reviews on events and membership management with excellent financial details as well. It includes review monitoring, review generation, review marketing, social publishing, social engagement and many more.

Apart from that, EventBank has its own brilliant and respectable technical team. I would like to mention here about representative who has been super supportive throughout the months I have been using this software.

Cons

The least that I liked about this software is there should be linked with the respective organization's banks.

Christina maria T.

Has a lot of potential once improvements are made.

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

In terms of event management, we find it easier to track, manage, and promote all our events. We no longer have to use separate programs to create events and send out campaigns or invites to our members and subscribers. Payments are now easier to track and count.

As we are still generally new in using the software, I believe that an in-depth orientation and training is needed. Customer service can also be improved.

There is room for improvement in terms of customization and report generation for clients. We have been approached by other companies offering customizable report generation services that is fitted to our organizations needs.

Pros

- Event management features.
- Event page design templates.

Cons

- We cannot use HTML to personalize campaigns unless we create a new template.
- The organization's logo is very small when it shown on the event page.
- No way to customize logo placement.
- The campaigns get cut-off in Gmail when it reaches a certain length.
- Navigating, categorizing, and customizing the membership listing to fit our needs is hard to do.
- Event Calendar Campaign layout is not customizable
- Limited Email and Contact allowances.

Martina H.

Eventbank were our ticketing partner for the 2018 St Patrick's Day Irish Ball

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

The software made the sale and management of tickets and financial reporting incredibly easy and straightforward.

Pros

The software was easy to use, provided up to date information, allowed for the creation of reports with detailed information and the Customer Support provided by Eventbank was great, all queries were dealt with in a timely and professional manner.

Cons

The only con was the inability to create tickets for a full table as a back end user. This is an event specific con as creation of individual tickets is a very easy process

Response from EventBank

Thank you for such a nice review, Martina! We are so proud to be working with you for 3 years already. And as a valued customer, I have some good news to share with you - I have talked to our Product Team about your feedback and we are going to develop a feature to add group (table) registrations, so we can save you even more time when you organize the next Irish Ball!

James S.

Putting the service in 'Platform as a Service'

Reviewed on 17/03/2017

I've been working on implementing EventBank as the primary platform to organize, manage, and execute group exercise events for FitFam Shanghai - we're a very active and consistent fitness community and volunteer organization based in shanghai that organizes and runs completely free outdoor and some indoor workouts. The volume of workout 'events' that we do per week has increased drastically, and with EventBank we've been able to go from a rag-tag group of volunteers to a much more organized and efficient planning group. As a grassroots movement, this kind of tool is amazing and essential for us to be able to keep doing what we love, but do it better and better.

The platform not only allows us to organize teams, plan events, and disseminate information to our community in a much more efficient and organized fashion - it's allowing us to finally put together data on how large our community actually is, who our core participants are, and their motivations for coming out to exercise with us.

Our organization really emphasizes the idea and practice of community, including when deciding which partners and sponsors we choose to work with. EventBank is an excellent partner for us in that regard because of the support and technical teams behind it. We feel very strongly that we aren't simply using their platform, but that we're working with a team that is both part of and supporting our community. While the platform hasn't been without some minor bugs/issues, the responsiveness of the support and technical teams to every issue is amazing, and the speed with I'm seeing issues be responded to and resolved is superb.

Pros

It's functions are very apt to fulfill many needs of our organization, and the team responsiveness is great.

Cons

There are minor issues with some of the registration functions.

Jeffers M.
  • Industry: Farming

Getting better each day

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Helping me by a click of a button to reach my members

Pros

- I love this product's interface that's much easy to use by novices
- I like the customization options, especially the drag-n-drop
- The product is quite easy to move around
- I love the versatility of the product
- I love the tracking ability of emails

Cons

- Am not able to send email to a member through right-clicking
- Improve customizable payment options to allow a primary registrant to pay less for a secondary registrant
- Limited RTF options when composing

Graham N.

Very effective platform, with more to come

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

EventBank has some excellent features that make the chamber's work much easier. Their background is with events, and their platform provides a lot of features to help make the set-up, promotion and registration easier for us and the participants. For me, the e-newsletter system stands out - it used to take us weeks to put together a new email newsletter, but now we can do it in an afternoon. It also helps us collect a lot of data about the effectiveness of campaigns.

Database management has been the biggest struggle, but their customer service is very responsive and, despite some hiccups, it is now handling new memberships and renewals well.

They are continuing to provide new features, and are very responsive to suggestions on how to improve their service, especially in extracting useful information from the database.

Pros

The look and feel, and the potential to manipulate the data.

Cons

It has been a struggle to iron out the complications in the CRM, but it gets better all the time.

Aisling M.

Good vision, good care of customers, good product

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

I have been using EventBank for over 1 year. I appreciate that they listen to customers and release updates in line with suggestions they have received. Their support team has an incredibly fast response time, and always has a great answer or solution to my problem.

UX is great - very simple interface and easy to understand. Love that it's trilingual. There are a lot of great little features you can discover if you take time to really explore the tool.

Still waiting on more HTML capabilities - this tool is great for teams without web design experience as it's incredibly easy to make a very professional looking event page, eDM campaigns, and easy to receive and track money. However, I wouldn't mind some more sophisticated tools for my own personal reasons. This update is meant to be released soon, and I look forward to it.

All in all, I would recommend EventBank to my next organization as an events and mailing list management tool.

Pros

UX, Ease of use

Cons

No HTML functions

Eve R.

SwissCham Southern Africa

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

GlueUp has changed our life and assisted in keeping our image professional and fresh looking, Great support from the GlueUp team too.

Pros

Through EventBank (now GlueUp) we professionalised our database as well as our event management, which includes invitations, RSVP tracking, payments, etc. Mailings are quick & easy, Membership renewal process in GlueUp is streamlined, and with limited resources the the most efficient way. Strong protection of Members' data.

Cons

Some bugs are still in the system; templates often change colours, payment option via USA not a good solution for South Africa; need local payment option. Interface to SAGE would be brilliant.

Williams N.

A happy upgrade - an even better improvement

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Pros

One of the most refreshing elements of Eventbank is its interface. A large step up from our previous CRM and Event Management systems, Eventbank has a user-friendly interface that is easy to use and navigate - either through exploring by yourself or through the help of their tutorial videos. Furthermore, in the CRM module, individual contacts and companies are seperated for easy access, and the Member companies are contained in another module of the CRM.

The events module is easy to use, creating events within minutes with direct connectability to the campaigns module.

The in-built support mechanism is a handy tool in Eventbank which allows you to ask for support in a convenient manner without having to email the support team directly. Eventbank support team reply very quickly, aiming to resolve any issue we have had as soon as possible.

Cons

Some of the features unfortunately we have been unable to use due to legal requirements in our jurisdiction - including to our chagrin, the invoicing feature. While it is near impossible to find software that is going to meet exactly every need of every organisation without creating a custom-made solution, Eventbank is open to suggestions and their team have been very supportive and happy to take on board any suggestions or needs that we have had.

Anja S.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Simple and user friendly CRM System

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

I appreciate the customer support [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who always in timely manner response on any given time of the day and week. He always follow up and is extremely helpful. Wish [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the one, who had been the first project manager, so it wasnt so delayed. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is super competent and understand his customers.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and not complicated and perfect for event and membership management.

Cons

Some features and the structure not so flexible. Still feel room for improvement to enhance the features. And many extra features is a different pricing contract.

Adrian D.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

My Glue Up experience

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Overall, the experience was pleasant and exciting in spite of a few bumps which can still be improved. My guests generally had a good time and they are looking forward to another round. Out of 21 guests I invited, only 16 made it because the others found it tricky to install the app before the start of the event. I realized not everyone is tech-savvy but this is also an opportunity for the app to be developed further for easy use.

Pros

It's a great platform to connect, network, interact and build relationships with other pros from various industry within a short span of time. It's also fun and exciting because you'll never know you you'll meet next. I highly recommend this to business leaders, consultants, freelancers and others looking for an easy-to-use platform that can deliver positive results.

Cons

1. Sometimes the matching and waiting period takes time: even if it gets refreshed, for some reason, it hangs
2. The notification icon that time is running out is too small
3. Some users on a smartphone and tablets cannot experience the app; this can be a challenge since people are on the go and most users will use their phones
4. The design inter phase looks a bit dated
5. You cannot see everyone upon arrival; there is no mood-setter function
6. After pressing the green or go button, you still have to press your HD cam "allow" before it connects with the next person waiting on line