Sage Fixed Assets Reviews

Sage Fixed Assets

Fixed Assets Management - Simplified.

4.0/5
4.2/5
4.1/5
3.9/5

159 Reviews for UK Users

Jerry

I Can't Believe People Use EXCEL Rather Than SAGE for Fixed Assets

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

I have used SAGE Fixed Assets for 22 years and really like this software.

I have used SAGE Fixed Assets for 22 years and really like this software.

Pros

It is so forgiving - if you make a mistake - you just re-enter and re-calculate.

Cons

Too many leading Zeros for Account Numbers - Maybe My Fault!

Ken

American Mitsuba

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

Pros

The product is use friendly and versatile to manage assets.

Cons

The price increases every year. Some increase is expected, but over $500 a year increase is high.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Entertainment

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

I really only use it to calculate depreciation. I have a large number of fixed assets, but if i had a smaller amount i could probable do depreciation on Excel. So just based on my limited use i think the software is expensive for what it does. That being said, it does do the job.

Pros

Easy to set up new assets easy to run depreciation.

Cons

Not intuitive. Reports are odd. Errors are hard to fix. If you accidentally run depreciation a second time becaue the exit button looks like OK you are not going to be able to undo this. Its not always easy to know what reports you need to run. Custom reports cost extra.

Valerie

Sage Fixed Assets - Great Product

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

We have moved from excel tracking and depreciation calculations to letting Sage do everything for us. With the challenge of ever-increasing workload, Sage reduced the accountant's asset related workload.

Pros

We have used Sage since I started as an accountant 10 years ago. Sage does all the tracking and journal entry calculations for us. When entering assets, we were able to modify the asset template for anything we wanted to add such as sticker placement and add drop down list that eliminates keying errors. Reports can be run for year-end audits and Sage has the capability to have more than one company on the same platform. In addition, it has a testing database we utilize to create entries/depreciation that doesn't affect our data. As the Controller now, I can run my own reports to check the status of our assets.

Cons

I can't think of anything to list for improvements, Sage gives us everything we need.

Mary

Sage Fixed Assets system review

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

Very pleased overall. Am working with two new issues for our company: the conversion to the 842 lease accounting standards, and also have a recent asset impairment study done in which many of our fixed assets will need to be written down.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive and user friendly for regular transactions. I have had numerous occasions to inquire about dong non-standard transactions; and I found customer support and on line articles were very helpful.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is a case of me not knowing what the options are, but I wish the reporting modules were a bit easier to use and customize. I've tried t recreate some reports but I cannot get the correct depreciation to reflect in the report. My biggest issue with reports is that I would also like to see the excel downloads parse in a fashion that would allow me to sort data; like the regular fixed asset download on the asset page.

John
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

We handle our own tax depreciation. It is a significant savings over have an outside firm keep track for us.

Pros

30 year user -so it must be good.Use it for asset tracking and depreciation of internal books and for tax books.It works well for us.

Cons

Support used to be very good but is now not as easy to get to.We pay of the top level of support.Unfortunately that level of support no longer gets the immediate response.Top tier support is now what bottom tier support used to be.

Matthew

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Sage Fixed Assets is a very good software for keeping track of your fixed assets and running depreciation. However, the customer service is not good.

Pros

Ability to keep track of all fixed assets in one location. Customizable reports

Cons

The annual cost of Sage Fixed Assets is high. Also, the customer service is not that good.

Microsoft Excel
Randy
  • Industry: Wholesale

Not happy with recent changes

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

Great until what appears to be a recent ownership change with Sage and now every little thin is an extra charge. We have some new employee is our IT department and to get help with updating our system with the 2023.1 updates we had to pay for a service upgrade just to get assistance with an update. This never us to happen. Not happen with this an having to pay over $3,000 to use Crystal reports FOR JUST ONE YEAR. It used to be included in the annual Sage FAS package.

Pros

GL Reporting makes creating the monthly journal entry easy.

Cons

Not happy with the Crystal Reports now being a separate product that the cost to update from the old version to the most recent version was ridiculous. When we first started using FAS it was include in the product. Also what should have been a 30-45 minute update to add CR to a new computer was 2-3 hours.

Lane
  • Industry: Accounting

Sage Fixed Asets

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

It has served my practice and client support for decades. Made the old spreadsheet method of tracking client assets impractical.

Pros

The depth of the input makes the ability to get customized reports for tax reporting and personal property reports seamless. The completeness of the options for input to be able to insure that calculations are done in compliance with law.

Cons

I am disappointed that support has gone to online with no live option. There is also some confusion in making sure you maintain the product you initially purchased and are wanting to continue in support.

Bradley
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

A little clunky but a fantastic Fixed Asset Management software.

Reviewed on 25/08/2016

Pros

Being able to customize reports as well as export to formats such as excel has been a life saver. We have never had any problems with data loss or calculations being inaccurate. Once you get passed some of the clunky ways it wants you to do things it becomes a pretty powerful way to organize your fixed assets.

Cons

The UI and navigating within the UI could use a lot of work. They seem to steadily improve it as they release new versions but it is still pretty clunky and takes a little bit of getting used to.

Laurence
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Sage Fixed Assets helped align our asset information with a new accounting structure

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

We have used Sage Fixed Assets for over 20 years and have always found it easy to use, configurable, and it provides all of the information we require for assets of any type.Due to a financial accounting software conversion many of the previously defined data fields changed. We were able to export all assets and change the field definitions to be comparable to the new GL parameters. The corrected values were uploaded to the existing company and reports now properly reflect the current accounting structure.

Pros

It is customizable to whatever purpose is required. Additional user fields allow for extra data fields that are not part of the available predefined fields.Data Exports are customizable for specific data fields needed in special reports

Cons

There are so many standard reports available it can sometimes be difficult determining which one provides the best information.

Anna

Great for fixed asset management-10/10

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

The calculation of depreciation expense is very easy and makes our month end process so much smoother than manually calculation!

Pros

Product is easy to use and implement. We use it to calculate monthly depreciation and run monthly and yearly reports.

Cons

I can't really say anything that I don't like about this product. It is very easy to use.

Andy

Sage Fixed Assets provides the accuracy and dependability we need

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

Sage Fixed Assets is the tool we use to keep track of our assets, provide depreciation and gain/loss on the sale of assets.

Pros

The ease of data entry and reporting; the fact that the different tax books are together on the same screen for the entry of new assets.

Cons

There may be a small learning curve for a new user in that filtering criteria in reports are based on the definition of the group being reported on, not on the report itself. Group definitions are versatile and easy to maintain.

Patrick
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sage Fixed Assets - stable utility

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Sage Fixed Assets helps us manage our fixed assets and ensure we are keeping our books compliant.

Pros

Accurate and consistent results with ease of use.

Cons

Wish we could integrate it with our accounting platform (3E - a Thomson Reuters software solution).

Eduardo

Love my Sage Software!

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Pros

We love the interface it's easy to know where we go to get the information and nice Graphs

Cons

We would like to see an integration with our erp (Trans4m) to pull and update some data.

Hector

SAGE Fixed Asset Review

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

Overall great experience with the software for the past 20 years. It has consistently been a very reliable source for our accounting needs.

Pros

After utilizing SAGE Fixed Assets for over 20 years, the reliability has been exceptional. No issues through out the year as it has severed it's purposes in tracking our capital purchases and processing the needed depreciation expense along with all year-end tax return schedules.

Cons

The only minor complaint has to do with the timing of when new tax tables and schedule are available for year-end and new year.

Gina
  • Industry: Farming

review

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

Pros

That you can customize the reports in the software.

Cons

How the reports come out in excel format is not very helpful and we are constantly have to manipulate them to be what we want.

Naila
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Depreciation

Reviewed on 15/05/2023

Pros

This product is easy to use but its not integrated to our ledger system.

Cons

export to excel function is not user friendly.

Bryan

Great product

Good

Good

Pros

Works well for our business, accurate and good

Cons

We don't have any issues and are fine with the product

Cheryl

Sage Fixed Assets Ease of use

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Pros

The use of Sage Fixed Assets are easy to use

Cons

I found nothing I did not like about using Sage

Laird
  • Industry: Plastics

Great companion for Sage

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

I don't think of Sage Assets at all. And that's how it should be IMHO. It does it's job year in and year out.

Pros

Sage fixed assets has allowed us to track depreciation and assets for nearly 20 years. Never had a problem with upgrading or keeping pace as our needs and company grow.

Cons

User interface could be a little more intuitive in a few areas. However once you get a routine it is easy.

Karen
  • Industry: Banking

Sage Fixed Assets Review

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

This is the second company that has utilized this product in the accounting department of the bank. It was nice to have familiarity with it, and it makes my job easier.

Pros

We utilize the majority of the functionality in a month, it is easy to use, and I like that it is all centrally located and that the customer service reps when needed are extremely helpful.

Cons

I do not have anything that I dislike about the Safe Fixed Assets product.

Erin
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to use software

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

I've been using it for about 4 years in my role, and it gets easier each time I use it (which is really only at year-end closeout), but haven't had a lot of problems. Knowledge articles and online database has lots of good information.

Pros

Easy to use, not expensive, great instructions.

Cons

Not web based, and have to download on computer. Makes it super difficult to upgrade computers - our IT department can never get it uploaded correctly.

Kim
  • Industry: Food Production

Fixed Asssets

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

My overall experience with Sage has been excellent, but if there is a problem with a report I find I get no real help from support.

Pros

I like that Sage Fixed Asset is user friendly and offers a lot of reports.

Cons

Support could be better. When I have a problem I used to be able to call and speak to someone now it's online chat which usually leads to a phone call. It is a lot of time wasted.

Adam

Easy to use but expensive

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

we use this to go along with your Sage 100 ERP and it's easy to use. If you have Sage then this is a great option

Cons

It is very expensive and it's licenced by workstation. You have to buy in bundles of 2 so that drives the cost up.