PDFelement

Travis
  • Industry: Machinery

Overall, a great affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Overall, Wondershare PDFelement is a powerful PDF editing software with a wide range of features for basic and intermediate PDF editing needs. However, users who require advanced features, have budget constraints, or need extensive customer support may need to consider alternative options.

Pros

Comprehensive PDF Editing: Wondershare PDFelement offers a wide range of PDF editing features, allowing for easily modifying text, images, and other content in PDF documents. The software also supports advanced editing capabilities such as OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that allows you to edit scanned PDFs and convert them into editable formats.Intuitive User Interface: The user interface of PDFelement is clean, modern, and user-friendly, making it easy for both beginners and experienced users to navigate and use the software. The toolbar is well-organized with icons that are easy to understand, and the software provides clear instructions and prompts throughout the editing process.

Cons

Limited Advanced Features: While PDFelement offers a wide range of basic and intermediate PDF editing features, it may lack some of the advanced features that are available in other premium PDF editing software. For users who require highly advanced functionalities, such as advanced data extraction, advanced OCR capabilities, or complex document automation, they may need to look for alternative solutions.OCR Accuracy: While PDFelement's OCR feature is useful for converting scanned documents into editable formats, the accuracy of the OCR may vary depending on the quality of the scanned document. In some cases, users may need to manually correct errors or make adjustments to ensure accurate text recognition.

Adobe Acrobat
Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A great tool, even if you also have other pro applications.

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

It's great. I recommend it even if you have other professional applications to manage PDFs. The format conversion is excellent.

Pros

Two things stand out: first, the OCR capability. I always get great results. Second, the conversion from PDF to Word or other formats. Adobe does a good job, but the formatting is unwieldy (you have a text box full of text on every page, so it's a mess to edit). With PDF elements, it is much easier.

Cons

It's not that I don't like it, I just find it much more convenient to work with Adobe in the cloud.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

For format conversion, I use PDF Elements. So I keep using two software (adobe and PDF elements.)

Response from Wondershare

Hi Andrea. Thanks for your recognition of the OCR compatibility and converting function. Regarding the cloud feature, would you please advise more details about the effect you want to achieve or customize? You may drop an email with more details at [email protected], then our product team can improve it in a more targeted manner. Thanks a lot for your time and patience!

Frank
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Nasty Surprise

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Pros

Interface is relatively straightforward and easy to use.

Cons

Stability problems dealing with larger pdfs, started getting worse when version 7 launched and the developer decided they needed more revenue. We will probably not be buying the upgrade.

Tungsten Power PDF

Cost

Tungsten Power PDF
Mohammad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

PDFelement is your best choice when we talk about document.

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Truly one of the best applications used.

Truly one of the best applications used.

Pros

Security as it is not easy to steel your work and convert it after it is a PDF by others, it helps you protect your work.

Cons

The file size might be larger than it should be compared to other applications.

PDF-XChange and Foxit PDF Reader

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

The updates are being done in a great way, bugs are less, support is great.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

Price is great, options are wonderful, and support is always there for you.
Margaret

Much Needed

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Overall I am very happy with the product. I no longer am reliant on Adobe and was able to cancel my subscription. Saving me a few dollars every month.

Pros

The two functions I use the most:
1) Converting PDF to different extensions... Word and JPG
2) Combining PDF's and moving the pages around

In publishing these 2 tools are invaluable.

Cons

So far I have not had any problems with the software. It meets all of my needs.

I was disappointed when I switched to a new computer and was not able to download my PDF Element onto my new desktop. Having an online cloud version so I do not have to worry about licenses per computer would be nice. I operate off of 2 computers. One is a Mac and the other is a windows laptop.

Response from Wondershare

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

David
David

Pdf element- practical, useful and accessible

Reviewed on 08/05/2023

A function that I am very grateful for is the reading mode, which is a kind of night mode, it is very useful when reading large amounts of text since it doesn’t make your eyes bleed and you can read in a more comfortable way, since it is a software that is installed on your device makes editing and up and closing a document fast, something I like is that you can look up the meaning of a word or phrase in Wikipedia within the same application without leaving the document.

Pros

Something that I like is its interface since it is simple and doesn’t have confusing menus which facilitates its navigation and makes it easy to edit documents, a tool that stands out is that you can translate parts of the document into multiple languages, something that I had not seen in other PDF programs. It has useful tools that are not available in other PDF editors like Excel table recognition, you can recognize Excel tables in a PDF document and copy them to an Excel file, this saves you a lot of time and effort when editing and extracting content from a PDF.

Cons

Something that I don't like and that they should improve is the customer support since it is almost non-existent, the OCR is sometimes not accurate which can be very tedious, and when handling a file with many pages it usually gets slow.

Halimatun
Halimatun
  • Industry: Accounting

Wonderful PDF editor

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

Pros

I love PDFelement because almost every tools and editor that i need for editing PDF document can be found in here. The OCR tools is quite accurate in text scanning and can separate between text, box and picture on the document accurately. It is very hard to find an OCR tools that can do it efficiently.

Cons

The first experience operating this software is not too smooth, as many of the tools is quite strange for me, and the manual guide is not detailed enough to explain each of the tools functionality. It might need slight learning curves, but after you passed it, this software is very helpful in editing PDF document.

Ivan Harris
Ivan Harris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Make Experiment with PDFelement

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

The software needs to improve its storage capacity especially when handling larger files. Other than that, I have no issues with using PDFelement at all.

Pros

PDFelement allows you to insert text and image you want without the hassle. It has also a very simple yet user friendly interface, which allows you to easily navigate the entire software. The price is also competitive, given the functionalities it has which is at par with some of the leading PDF editor software in the market.

Cons

There are times however that the software crashes especially when the file size is large. This prompts the user to restart all over again due to the technical error, although this is an isolated case only.

Response from Wondershare

Hi Ivan. Thanks for sharing your experience and we appreciate your recognition of its function and interface. Regarding the crash issue when you are processing large files, please update to the latest version to check if it helps. If not, you may drop an email with more details at [email protected]. We'll put your case in the 1st priority and do the needful assistance for you ASAP.

It is our ultimate pursuit that users can use our software happily! So we hope there would be a chance for us to further look into your issue and fix it, thanks again!

Dale
Dale
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Alternative to Adobe PDF

Reviewed on 23/05/2021

We use it every day to edit and modify PDF files. It's fast and it adheres to most drag and drop movements. However, if multiple PDF files needs to be combined, it needs to be done one by one.

Pros

This is a great piece of software that is an awesome substitution for Adobe Acrobat. It works well and the compression is nice, but it is not that lossless. It works, but it does downscale some graphics.

Cons

The licensing model really needs to be improved. There is a charge for every upgrade, although at the time of purchase, nothing like this was mentioned. Being that there are lots of licenses that were involved, this upgrade fee would be quite expensive.

Zaid

The smoothest PDF editor

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Pros

I love PDFelement it is the best PDF editor software, and I like that it does not consume device resources. Also, PDFelement contains all PDF editing tools.

Cons

The OCR tool of this software PDFelement is somehow bad and do not give accurate results and do not support a lot of languages.

Daniel
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

It works well for me

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

I have been able to use the product for filling in forms where alternatives, such as Word, do not function as well.

Pros

PDFelement provides the best ability to create fillable forms that I have found. I use it all the time to facilitate data entry and collection.

Cons

I feel the learning curve could be a bit less steep.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Reasons for Choosing PDFelement

PDFelement was far easier to set up and use than Word.

Reasons for Switching to PDFelement

PDFelement was much easier to use and far more cost effective.

Hèlia
Hèlia
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great OCR

Reviewed on 25/06/2022

Pros

Our office loves the fact we can really trust on the OCR tool. We then sign the documents and keep all the text saved in a external server for AI processing.

Cons

This is a great software that works well in different platforms that I am unable to cite no issue.

Soda PDF

Response from Wondershare

Hi Helia. Thanks for sharing your high recognition of the OCR tool and other features. It really encourages us a lot!

Sergio Rafael
Sergio Rafael
  • Industry: Law Practice

PDF documents are easier to create and edit.

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Pros

In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market.

PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing documents in PDF format. The use of this software in our office has greatly improved our presentation and delivery of legal documents, as we can create them and add elements that strengthen the document such as the digital signature of our managers, photographs of administrative events which have to be approved or left in record, and modify documents that were already made. In general it is a first hand software that must be in our labor management since it complements and allows that our goals are fulfilled.

Cons

To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

Mathushan

My Real Review on PDFelement Sofware

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

I am a Software Technician from SriLanka. I have to make invoices and documents for my customers daily. One my first week I struggled to choose a software for my all type of Documentation Work. After my friend shared this software on Gmail. Then I Tested this Sofware in a Trial Version and now I like this Software as best. I bought the premium version of it and still using it for more than 2 years.

Pros

I think it is the #01 Software to make and edit pdf Documents and Word Documents in a Laptop. I like most the Cloud Service on this Software and I have listed the Things I Like in this software.

1. Cloud Service
2. Can edit a Non Editable PDF
3. Add anything we want from the internet
4. Can add Signature

Cons

Yes. I think bits of Updates have to be done in this software. I have listed the things I would like to add to this Software.

1. Compatibility Of Linux OS
2. Fast Loading Feature

And there is nothing I have to tell about the things I would like to add to this software.

Brian
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Transitioning from Acrobat was easier than expected

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

I didn't get to be robbed by Adobe for their software. Upon renting another current Adobe product, that application uninstalled my paid version Acrobat Pro. This is a very underhanded tactic to get users to purchase/lease new software. With WonderShare I get nearly immediate response to any problems I might have. I get a well developed software that has never crashed (can't say that about Acrobat) and once it was paid for, it was freely my own. This is a great product and I will continue to recommend it.

Pros

Everything that I look for in Acrobat without the ridiculous price or rental fees. It's fast and efficient and well thought out. Some of the layout could use tweaking but everything takes time and I'm very satisfied with how it works.

Cons

There are a couple glitches that can be frustrating. Although the software is updated regularly, upon each update/upgrade it loses its file association to PDFs. When printing from an application to PDF, very often if PDF Element is not open the print does not complete although the application does open. Obviously you can print a second time, but it is something to take note of. I keep a desktop folder of PDF files that gets updated daily and when using PDF Element is opened it defaults only to the desktop and not the same folder. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this default. And the biggest con for me that is the most annoying is that it does not support WIA or TWAIN and you cannot scan directly into the application to PDF like you would normally do with Acrobat.

Response from Wondershare

Hey Brian,

Glad to hear that you had an easy transition! Thank you for your detailed notes on printing PDFs. I've reported it to the developers who will take a look.

Best,
Rebecca

Nigel
  • Industry: Management Consulting

PDF Element 6 does the job

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

I had business suppliers and customers send me their terms and conditions of trade, which before I was challenged to modify in the document, but today, I can now review and modify their documents with ease.

Pros

I used to be an avid Adobe Acrobat fan, however I started to use the free version of PDF Element to try and get at features which were not available on Adobe. I enjoyed the product so much that I purchased PDF Element 6 Pro and have been very pleased with its performance and capability. It has taken a bit of effrort to get used to working PDF Element 6 Pro, but I am pleased that I persevered with it, as its functionality is hands down better than Adobe who seem to have lost its way. As time progresses, the team at PDF Element have improved the functionality even more, and it is a joy to use. I have recommended this product to others whom now also enjoy its benefits.

Cons

Difficult to navigate around initially but gradually getting used to where controls are at. This only arose as a result of being such a long time user of Adobe, but today, I am finding it easier to navigate my way around this application. It has been worth while learning to use this application properly.

Kim

What I like about PDFelement

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

My business is information based, having software that allows me to collate numerous documents and present this information to a third party has helped tremendously.
Previous to the purchase of my Apple Mac I had a Windows based computer. The Cutepdf software used with Windows was not compatible with Apple so initially was without this feature. In fact I tried to do without it (save the money) however I soon realised how much I relied on the programme and how much time it saved me.

Pros

PDFelement is very easy to use. I can combine numerous documents and submit these under one category when submitting supporting documents with loan applications.
Another positive is being able to rearrange / delete pages. This is especially helpful when sorting pages of a scanned document that was printed on both sides.

Cons

I haven't found too many 'cons', it does all I need it to do.

sanhita
sanhita

Excelent alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

Pros

I love the ease of use for PDF ELEMENT, and the fact that it's built over the net. I can use it from any place, anytime. Me being a doctor use this platform to write prescriptions, edit, and read them. Signing these prescriptions is also very easy on PDF ELEMENT. One can even easily convert different formats of documents to pdf on it.

Cons

Software is the best in its class. It does best what it is supposed to, there is nothing to dislike about it. In fact, would give it a super like.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Import & Export

It's fantastic! Great PDF reader - editor

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Perfect! It's quite simply the best pdf reader I have ever used.

Perfect! It's quite simply the best pdf reader I have ever used.

Pros

I love PDFelement, I use it on both Mac and Windows, it has a very nice design and is easy to use, its functions are interesting, you can even add our signature to a document!

Cons

The only thing I can talk about here is that I would like to have an "eraser" tool, so that we can remove any highlights that we have made with the program.

Great software and great price

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Add and replace pages with large PDF documents.

Add and replace pages with large PDF documents.

Pros

Great price with just about everything I need to edit PDFs, whether combining pages, or editing the actual document.

Cons

The add text feature is a bit cumbersome as you have to click off the existing box, then go back to the header, click the add text feature again, and then add text elsewhere. Also getting back into text boxes sometimes can be a mystery. I click the select tool, the add text tool, or a number of other options, and I can't seem to figure out what will actually work every time. Not the biggest deal, but something that would be nice to have improved.

Miguel Angel
Miguel Angel
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Nice program to manage and edit all your PDFs

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

My personal experience has been great with this product because it's one of the best out there in the market since it has many features that allow you to manage all things in a PDF

Pros

The most that I like about PDF Element is that the program is very easy to use and navigate and that it offers a lot of editing tools that allows me to modify text, images, and other elements in a PDF document.

Cons

I don't like about it that sometimes the program could be slow or laggy especially when I'm handling large or complex PDF documents but other than that it works great.

Henk

Great product

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

We can easily convert PDF documents to picture formats for social media posts and the main advantage of this tool is that we can edit and combine any type of PDF and export to all the most popular formats.

Pros

Great alternative to products such as Adobe Acrobat. More flexibility in terms of licensing in that you can buy a perpetual license and month to month licensing is also way more cost effective for a medium size enterprise.
User interface is easy to navigate and I can perform all the functions required to manage PDF documents.

Cons

The teams management portal can do with a revamp. It is not that easy to assign and move team members

Richard

Great everyday pdf reader/editor

Reviewed on 24/11/2022

I use it for all things PDF usually. I use it for the digital signature feature, to edit faxed PDF documents so I don’t have to print it out. It’s also helpful to combine pdf documents, to extract, or delete specific pages.

Pros

That it was an all in one product. It is able to read pdf, able to edit pdf, convert to pdf, has OCR, has digital signature, and able to control permissions.

Cons

I thought being a lifetime subscription meant my lifetime. I later realized that the product’s subscription life was covered and that newer product version update which were released several months afterwards was not included in the one time purchase price.

Matthew
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall, PDFelement has worked very will for me, as an inexpensive substitute for Adobe...

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

Saving cost versus Adobe Acrobat, the industry standard.

Saving cost versus Adobe Acrobat, the industry standard.

Pros

Cost is the primary reason for using PDF element, versus other options. It does reasonably well at combining & editing files.

Cons

It is still somewhat buggy, and does not always work intuitively. The most annoying bug is that despite setting the default text size & color, it will not automatically use that default. I prefer a red color font for adding text. However, it always wants to use black, forcing me to edit the color afterwards.

Joy

Good for Business

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

It secures important business files.

It secures important business files.

Pros

Easy to use. protect document for email sharing

Cons

difficult to re-install on new devices. key do not work readily.

Response from Wondershare

thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours.