Epos Now

An easy-to-use, adaptable point-of-sale and payment system.

3.1/5
3.3/5
3.4/5
3.0/5

366 Reviews for UK Users

Catherine

Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

When researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily modifying prices. From the 6 different POS systems I interacted with, Epos Now was the simplest, user-friendly, and MOST economical. In addition, the customer service and response time to questions before we ever purchased the system was almost instantaneous. When your livelihood depends on being able to make sells, update products, add products, create applicable categories, track sales, itemize most often sold products, track profit/loss margins, and etc., it is a necessity to have a company that will grow with you and teaches you how to continually grow. For us, Epos Now has been phenomenal. The quick customer response and having your own 'handler' so to speak is great! I seek assistance from (Epos Now representative), and he never fails. He is quick to respond, quick to offer aid, and he teaches the program. He isn't a fixer where you have to continually call to have the same issue fixed. He is an educator. He teaches me about the errors I create when I am utilizing the system, and he demonstrates how to solve the problem.

Pros

What I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you don’t have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.

Cons

I wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.

Fran
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

Pros

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1.

When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational.

Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Marc

Run away from Epos now

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

But perhaps the worst part of my experience with Eposnow was the unexpected bills. I signed up for their service based on their promise of no hidden costs, but****** ONE YEAR after using******their system, I was hit with an unexpected bill for services I never agreed to. When I tried to reach out to their customer service team to get it sorted, I was met with the same unhelpful and unresponsive service as before. also they forced me to pay those service I never used and agreed.Sadly, I'm not the only one who has had issues with Eposnow's billing practices. A quick search online reveals countless other customers who have been hit with unexpected charges or bills long after they thought they had paid everything.Overall, I would strongly advise against using Eposnow for your business. They seem to be more interested in selling their product than providing any sort of quality service or supportRUN AWAY DONT USE VERY SLOW ALSO CAME WITH FAULTY.Ended up I had to spend another 3k to setting up other pos system.

Pros

"I had an extremely disappointing experience with Eposnow. Firstly, their customer service was incredibly unhelpful and unresponsive. I had an issue with my POS system and it took days to get any sort of response from their support team. When I finally did hear back from them, they weren't able to resolve my issue and I was left feeling frustrated and unsupported.To make matters worse, the product arrived late, long after my business's opening day. Despite the delay being entirely their fault, Eposnow didn't seem to care about the impact it had on my business. It was incredibly frustrating to have to make do without a proper point-of-sale system for several days, and it had a significant impact on my sales.

Cons

I dont have anything else to say for this company speechless

ADRIANO

Eposnow Eposo never again

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

I have been working in hospitality for 17 years and i never saw such a poor service, eposnow is not ready for hospitality the system is slow and luck a lot of features that other system have, you cant even print an item in multiple printers how ridiculous. they promised me that the credit card surcharge would have be available from September 21st but they didn't deliver, the surcharge was available only one month later and in order to charge the surcharge to customers they would have to tap their card again to pay the surcharge, so i decided to switch eftpos and now they wants to charge me a premium fee stating that i fail to mee my contractual obligation but who failed first? is just a rubbish P.O.S people don't buy this is going to ruined your business

Pros

split checks, really the fact that you can split check by covers is the only thing I like here

Cons

customer service, poor ordering proceeds, poor communication,

Lightspeed

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Just because was cheap, but i guess you got what you pay for.
Iheanyi

A restaurant friend

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Pros

Perfect inventory controlEase of postingsA hand full of report types to analyse salesUser friendly interfaceEase of use and configuration.

Cons

Lacks the functionality to integrate to a PMS

Brent

Watch out for GOT YA's in their contract

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

While the software did what it was expected to do, the on going support is disappointing. Case in point, company closed in March 2023, we tried to cancel the account shortly after that. Cancelling the account is very difficult! We recently sold the hardware rather than binning it. Surprisingly, even through we had contacted tech support at EPOS NOW and cancelled, and advised that no further action was required, we had an email from the new owners that they had access to our accounts? Not sure that's very secure or legal???

Pros

The EPOS NOW software generally worked as expected. Once we signed the contract, we generally found it difficult to contact tech support, but we worked through it and got there in the end.

Cons

What really frustrated us was the sneaky way they got us to accept the Protect Now Care Plan that we didn't want or need. After a change in circumstance, we closed the company only to find that we apparently accepted some sort of care plan.... I do I.T., why would I need a care plan???? Anyway we are legally stuck paying their monthly Protect Now Care Plan for 3 years or pay it all off. So just be careful and read their contracts carefully. We will never do this again.

Giulia
Giulia
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Avoid this company!!!

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Pros

None
I don't have anything positive to day about my experience with epos
Please read cons

Cons

I worked with epos now for over 12 months and they made me waste so much time and money. I been having issues integrating my shopify account with my epos account for over 12 months, stock level was incorrect and also the app wasnt syncing properly.
I have been having the same issue for 12 months and spoke to over 20 different staff members but still the issue hasn't been solved till today. Every phone call i had lasted between a hour to 3 hours.
Their customer service is not trained enough and absolutely clueless on what they are doing as they admitted multiple times that they didnt know how to solve the issue and were waiting for their manager response on how to move forward. What makes me even more frustrated is that in over a year time of reporting the SAME issue CONSTANTLY day by day, i never had help from any of their managers in charge. I dont understand why epos is adding extra apps on their app store when they clearly have zero control on them. To add more features you ALSO have to make sure you to add more training etc you can't offer a service that doesn't work. I really hope that i won't have to put up with this company ever again, an absolute headache. Avoid at all costs!

Henry

Epos Experience

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Pros

Easy to use Once you get the hang of it but I am not a techie so it took me a little while

Cons

Actually it’s a lot more detailed than my business requires so for me it took some time to customize it to my business

Richard

Cobourg yacht Club

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

The experience has been a positive one. Would have loved to go ahead with the credit card integration but the experience with EVO was horrible. I certainly hope no other EPos user goes with EVO

Pros

Support is great and prompt. Loved the training.

Cons

Add ons are overpriced. We looked at the customer loyalty option and the Quick Books option but both required a monthly fee.
The credit card integration with EVO was a complete and utter failure and a support nightmare for our bar manager. I must add that the issue wasn't with EPos but rather the dismall support system at EVO.

Lisa

Love the software - both front end and back end

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Would recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software

Would recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software

Pros

Both front end and back end of this software works well, ease of use and the ability to customize is what I like most

Cons

customer service is lacking and that is not good in my book I had to call and e-mail many times and never felt that I received the correct support

• Industry: Hospitality

If in Australia and in hospitality - do not buy this system

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Although the Australian Eposnow team try to help and are friendly, they are inexperienced and short staffed. It seems they are working business hours of 9-5pm on Queensland time, which does not suit Australian hospitality where the time zones are different for at least 6 months of the year; and businesses are open 6am until 9pm.

Pros

Ease of implementation
Inexpensive
Reporting
Apparent integration to existing banking systems

Cons

The support is only in QLD business hours. The integration with banking systems is not with Australian banks only Tyro. This software is only for retail businesses, and would be good; is not for hospitality venues - receipts are restrictive and are not set out for hospitality and the kitchen dockets are complicated and difficult to read.

Tatiana

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The rep was good with a bunch of promises and thought it was exactly what we needed. Even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Square Space had warned me
Edward

Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

ONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.

Vicky

Never buy EPOS and don't bother buying if you are in Canada

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

I will strongly recommend this product to people I hate and let them suffer.

I will strongly recommend this product to people I hate and let them suffer.

Pros

I hate the system. We add inventory and the system will not pick items when customers are standing in line. Not only this is irritating, it becomes embarrassing also.

Cons

Everything. The screen will not work if sunlight is coming on the screen or even nearby. In Canada, I can't add certain taxes and fees. I can't get a detailed end of day report that separates my sales types by-products. Lottery redemption is a huge task and customers complain of wait times. Don't ask about customer service. You need something, UK customer service will call you in the middle of the night. I received my box and I was promised a customer display (please not although they will show you it is not included) am going back and forth with customer service for the last 2 months and they still have not given it to me. Their employees will tell you "yes, we are misleading, but it is not included in your base price". And good luck dealing with customer support. I have decided to move my services to some other service provider because Epos Now will not take care of my grievances and I don't have time and courage to deal with their customer support because they simply don't care. AND ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING. DON'T GET INTO THEIR SALES TACTICS AND USE EVO PAY AS YOUR PAYMENTS PROVIDER. TRUST US, YOUR MONEY WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON DAILY BASIS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CLOSED ON WEEKENDS. EPOS NOW EMPLOYEES WILL MAKE $2K AS COMMISSION BUT YOUR LIFE WILL BE SPENT IN DEALING WITH EPOS NOW AND EVO PAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Matthew
  • Industry: Printing

Very useful system for SME

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Matthew.

Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible.

The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about
profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line.

I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this.

If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected]

Kind Regards
James

morteza

Totally RIP-OFF

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

absolutely rip off,

absolutely rip off,
they advertise complete solution for £249 including till terminal, cash drawer and a printer. (to good to be true)
when I called to place an order, I ended up getting it for £600 for that.
here comes worst part, as I only received a till terminal without cash drawer and printer.
I called them up to find out, they advised me cash drawer and printer will be dispatched separately, so I had to wait for another week.
unfortunately another week passed and no sign of my items, this time after literally 12min holding my call ,different guy picked up the phone and went through my record and said that the amount you paid was only for till terminal and for cash drawer and printer I had to pay separately.Really??
so I paid £600 only for till terminal only, is this a joke
so I asked what is this £249 that you are puting for sale included, he responded thats plus 3 year warranty and licence fee.
Obviously I have already purchased the license and do not need 3 year warranty as well,however he said we won't make money out of this, so we need to add a 3 year warranty charge so to cover the cost.
This is ridiculous, nobody told me that, otherwise I would not go for it.

Pros

covers most of my needs,not a bad support team.

Cons

Be aware they con people easily.sluggish software, you have to buy all equipments from them so not compatible with any other hardware other than themselves.

Martin
  • Industry: Restaurants

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Reviewed on 23/09/2017

Pros

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till.
I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent.
I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem.
We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ).
she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked.
I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running.
Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner.
Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also.
Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning.
she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation.
She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

Nicola
  • Industry: Restaurants

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read.
There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do!
Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful.
There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see.
The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of!
I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently.
Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Kevin

Stay away

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Pros

Software layout for the terminal is not terrible. This may work okay for some small retail businesses that do not have high volume and are running everything inside of ePOS Now with no integrations.

Cons

I normally don't go out of my way to write a review, but if I can spare one person from buying this, I feel it is worth the time. We were promised a lot of things for integration with Quickbooks Online. We soon found out that the integration was not as robust as they claimed. The monthly subscription to ePOS Now, itself, is not terribly expensive, but you soon learn that you need an add on connector program for everything. Then they want to add an additional $69/month for support. The next issue is getting out. Expect to pay a steep early termination fee. We tried hard to make this work and finally decided that we were better off to just pay the fees and bail. We are still fighting that battle and still getting monthly charges.

Appalling Company - AVOID at all costs. 6 Months of Hell

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Literal hell for 6 months. We couldn't wait to move to a new supplier who was actually competent.
Re...

Research this company very carefully and ask to see their community forum before joining.

Pros

It's pretty. That's about it. Apart from looking nice the functionality is poor.

Cons

Everything.
Sales reports are incorrect all the time, cash up was wrong on a daily basis (not due to human error).
Support is practically non existant. Whatsapp support might reply in 3-4 weeks if you're lucky. Phone support aren't trained so can't help solve issues.
Higher management try to blame your equipment rather than their system.
Slow and Laggy, took over 5 minutes to log in some times and button presses wouldn't register half of the time.

Just generally and awful system.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

It seemed to have better functionality.
Simon

This company is a scam!

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

Bottom line - run away as fast as you can. Eposnow is THE worse company I've ever dealt with by a significant margin. You think Telco's are hard to deal with, try and get support from these guys!

After purchasing the product and buying two tills (cost of over $1200 NZD), the communication from the sales rep and my 'allocated' technical support person vanished completely. During the sales process he was quick to respond, but as soon as they had my money, ALL communication stopped. Calling his number went through to the 'help desk', which was just an on hold service. I waited 1.5 hours and then got disconnected. This happened several times.

When I did a sales enquiry (with the goal of trying to get in contact with my original sales guy) - they were quick to respond, but on asking to talk to him, there was ZERO response - all comms stopped. Still waiting on his call after 5 weeks. My tech guy has also vanished.

They wanted me to setup a Direct Debit for 12 months, and for this, offered a deal on the hardware which I accepted, but after 5 weeks, I still haven't received anything. This company is a SCAM!

You cannot email anyone, and if you do have an email (i.e. my sales guy) you never get a response.

I have sent over 7 emails over 5 weeks to my sales rep and support person asking them for support or some contact, but still ZERO response. The last two emails I told them that if I didn't hear from them within 48 hours, I would cancel my contract and seek a full refund of all

Pros

It seemed like it would work for us, but the customer service was TERRIBLE. The till software was slow and the management software has some major bugs.

Cons

How slow it was and buggy. The load time for the till was over 30 seconds.

Michael

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.

Adam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Fine pos for features and functionality, terrible support, and bug filled

Reviewed on 01/01/2022

Starting out great. Software worked, it grew as we grew. About halfway in, we started getting bugs, errors, breakdowns. Sometimes they were resolved, some we are still dealing with today. In almost every scenario when dealing with customer services (except for UK team, they are great) I have had a terrible experience. Mostly from representatives who don't know the software well enough or flat out not being able to fix issues. Dev team may have been changed since we started as the multitude of updates with bugs/issues/errors has increased exponentially. Great software, just poorly managed/programmed.

Pros

Good variety of features and highly customizeable.

Cons

Probably the worst over customer experience I have had across any industry. And this is not after one bad experience, this is spanning 3+ years

Geoff

Hopeless Company

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Pros

No Pros! Support & Customer Service hopeless. Not sure how a company is legally allowed to offer a solution that does not work!

Cons

Now been using this company for 2 years and they still have not managed to integrate our Magento system with the Epos Now till. They have outsourced this to 3 different companies during this time, all have been very amateur and have failed! It has cost my company thousands. Absolutely disgusted with the level of service we have received. Over the last 2 years we have gone trough a number of Epos Now staff, as they are constantly leaving. Will be seeking legal advise! If you have got a Magento system KEEP CLEAR of this company! They offer a solution that does not work!!!

Nita

Poor communication

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

Pros

I like that on the surface it appears to have all the functionality necessary for managing pricing and inventory of multiple locations from a corporate office. But once you aquire the system the problems seem to be endless and support is hopeless!

Cons

Support is a joke! They promise to call back and never do. You make multiple requests for assistance and then some of the support team are inexperienced in the retail industry therefore unable to provide assistance or answers.