Instagram

4.7 (4,789)
Capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages

(4,789)

4789 Reviews for UK Users

Miranda Estefanía
Miranda Estefanía
  • Industry: Entertainment

I can't believe it's free!!

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

I really like Instagram, it's one of my favorite social media. I love how easy is to find places to go, information about different topics, even educate yourself since there are many educational accounts out there. i love how anyone can share their passions, a lot of people are amazing at painting and they get to share their creations with their followers, some others dance, others may write... it's a plataform full of different things and that's what make it special

Pros

I like how you can capture your best moment with or without filter. You can make boomerangs, take videos and photos and also go live if there's something you want to share with anyone who follows you. Also, I like how you can connect with people all around the world; you can see different locations, discover places and even go and search of certain words in Hashtags and see not only pictures but accounts that helps you to learn more about any topic you want. I can't get enough of Instagram

Cons

Maybe that you can't send stickers like in WhatsApp, but you can send gifs and other type of stickers so it isn't that bad

sahil

The review for instagram

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

the overall experience is decent as sometimes it is very good to use instagram but sometimes it is very toxic

Pros

i like the most about Instagram is the way of communicating is easy which helps to communicate easily with others

Cons

the least i like is the reel section for ne which is very addictive,some people might find is good

Srishty
Srishty
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

ID:sriishtypaI - Instagram Suspended My account without any reason- Worst Experience

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

ID: sriishtypal - i was happy before now i am surprised by the fact that instagram can suspend any account without any reason.

Pros

ID: sriishtypal - I was in love with this app, i was posting my daily life, that is just like my memories. I have this account from 2015, its been more than 7 years , i can scroll and see myself how i was in 2015 than in 2016 and where i went, so its my photo journal. do you have nay idea how much i am attached with my gram. i can not sleep and tbh i am addicted to see how people are so creative, you feel to grow like them, you get motivation from them , your learn new things , you learn about the world, so its a overall package for me. my life my gram.

Cons

ID: sriishtypal - Now i am frustrated with the fact, that my account got suspended without any reason, i never ever violated any committee guidelines, i never comment on other profiles, i never use bad words on other profiles, i never take money from the client where i am not able to deliver. i always say no when i am not able to work for clients because of my busy schedule. but then also my account got suspended and when i wrote mails on different emails of Instagram, i did not receive any response , also i am not able to submit the form due to instagram glitch. you have so many bugs that are not able to fix and then you are putting people life on risk, you dont even know what person is going through, i am depressed that i dont even know the reason why my account got suspended, and i am trying my level best to get my account back, posted on twitter, linkedin, facebook omg " will i go Crazy" idk. ID: sriishtypal - Do you really know how much we put efforts to grow account, we put our minds to create new everyday, but THIS IS VERY BAD THAT YOUR ACCOUNT CAN BE SUSPENDED ANYTIME, AND YOU DONT KNOW WHY.JUST FED UP WITH INSTAGRAM GLITCH. I will recommend all that your whole life can be taken away with just one click from instagram now you are just a Instagram User.

Mohamed

review of instagram

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

overall, its a wonderful app that can allow to gain a lot of different videos and pictures in little time so I really admire .

Pros

I like a lot about his easy way in order to see all videos and pictures in the same time . also , can allow volume so that you can continue surfing more.

Cons

I need to be the chat on this app must be updated and be more common.

Botimum

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

as Instagram is more better and effective than snapchat so i prefer it too much .

Snapchat

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

as in Instagram I can see videos and photos and can make comments.
Danielle
  • Industry: Wholesale

I really like Instagram because it's easy and quick to use.

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Wonderful and very productive, fast and easy to use, it makes my work a lot easier on a daily basis.

Pros

The reach, real time communication, all the tools are sensational and easy to use.

Cons

I don't really like exploring when i lose the last access page, I don't know to retrieve the last news on the page.

Helena
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

On Social Network

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Since I started using Instagram I got the expected results within my proposal.

Since I started using Instagram I got the expected results within my proposal.

Pros

I like the functionality of the application and the visibility it provides to the user.

Cons

There is nothing against it, since the user has the freedom to use Instagram in the best way.

Raquel
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

i love spending my time here

Reviewed on 10/02/2024

Is amazing app to share photos and exploring the wold.

Is amazing app to share photos and exploring the wold.

Pros

i like sharing photos, the interface is amazing, i have privacy and its really easy to use.

Cons

a lot of advertisement and addiction associate with instagram

Sabrina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Instagram being a social media resource

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Instagram takes me away from boredom, I can connect with the world without leaving home

Pros

being able to edit photos on it, and the stories tool

Cons

Sometimes Instagram is slow to load reels

pushpendra
  • Industry: Entertainment

great for marketing & earn money

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

Pros

mostly i like Instagram reel ad and people meet new people and customer

James
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great product, hasn't failed me yet

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

Pros

It's my favorite social media platform and the one my peers in my age demo use most.

Cons

Rules around reposting someones story if you're not in it.

anas

A comprehensive review of the Instagram application

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

A great experience, I use Instagram every day
Most of my time on my phone is I spend on Instagram
Th...

A great experience, I use Instagram every day
Most of my time on my phone is I spend on Instagram
This exceeds the 7-hour barrier of daily use
I hope that the developers of the Instagram application prefer this way and do not tend to obstruct the design, as happened with Snapchat previously, because I was one of the active users of Snapchat in the past, but with the update in which the design of the application changed significantly, I am no longer the best so I moved to Instagram and it was a great experience to the cheek now with Instagram

Pros

Instagram has many features, so in general it is an integrated application for me. I use it almost the entire time I open my phone
But the features I like most of it
All my friends and acquaintances use the application, so I can communicate with almost everyone from one platform and this is a very beautiful thing
And the advantage of sending a picture that the other party can see only once, and then it cannot open the image, and the most beautiful of this is that if he takes a screenshot of the image, an alert appears to me.

Cons

I think if I had an alert feature added, if someone took a screenshot of the conversation it would be better for my experience
What is bad is that users are not allowed to send a video in the chat that lasts more than a minute. If it reaches 3 minutes, this will be better from my point of view.

Megan

Best social media platform for business

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

I've used Instagram for my personal account for years and loved it. When I decided to make a dedicated account for my blog it was a game-changer. It really allows you to build relationships with customers by showing the personal side of yourself through pictures and stories. Nowadays people want to see who is behind the businesses they support! Instagram is also great for gaining website visitors by guiding people from the app to your website through links on stories, your profile, or posts. If you have any kind of blog or business I would highly recommend creating an Instagram account.

Pros

Instagram allows you to really build a relationship with customers through pictures and stories in a way that other social media platforms can't. The Instagram stories are my favorite feature because they allow you to show a more personal side and show the person behind the business. I get the most interaction from my customers through stories by using the polls, quizzes, etc. It's a great feature!

Cons

Because Instagram is such a great business tool it's extremely competitive. Every business has an Instagram account nowadays so it makes ranking for hashtags and showing up on featured pages difficult regardless of what niche you're in.

Gerald
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Instagram a primary social media

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Instagram has been a primary social network at least for me that I use everyday, and I don't see me stopping. I like how it is simple and allows me to have a platform to unwind and escape the world for a moment. Over time, I noticed that Instagram is becoming increasingly commercial, and I don't like the algorithms as I feel like I am missing out. Overall, I understand that why Instagram decides to make these decisions and I am generally happy with the software.

Pros

I have always loved the idea of the UI design of instagram. The fact that it is one continuous scroll allows easy navigation and just a simple social experience while still allowing room for features such as direct messaging and stories. I particularly like how it has become more conscious over time, like giving reminders and warnings for misinformation or about current social situations.

Cons

I feel like it is changing too often. I feel like every update is very drastic and just sudden. Instagram should test new UI designs first before making it live, I remember Instagram once changed the UI design to swiping to change the tabs and everyone hated it, so I guess it is best if they keep things nice and simple as possible. also, bring back chronological orders of posts, I hate missing out on my following's pots because of the algorithm.

Abbas
Abbas
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Instagram.. Its fun to share your moments with family and friends.

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

I use Instagram almost everyday for quite a bit of my free time. Its good to have a platform desicated to Picture and short video sharing, usually with small captions. Also what I love the most about it is the fact that you don't get too much political posts here like other social media platforms.

Pros

Instagram is a good space to connect with your friends and share your photos and short videos with them or see what they've uploaded. You can also share long videos on Its IGTV features. It also give you the ability to go live with friends or share stories with them that disappear after 24 hours of upload. It has a huge user base and you get a lot of celebrities and influencers here to follow and get to know what happening in thier life, if you are interested. Its editing tools are great and you can edit your pictures according to your need to make them look more good. Also unlike Fb or Twitter, you won't find a lot of political and dissenting debates on Instagram which is a big relief. Along with personal use, you can also effectively use Instagram to promote your business or services due to its mass user base.

Cons

It shows a lot of ads. Also sometimes you get so indulged in scrolling down that you lose track of time and end up spending more time on it.

Abbas Yusufzai
Abbas Yusufzai
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Instagram.. Let others have a glimpse of your life..

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

I spend quite a good portion of my me time surfing Instagram alsmost every day. It's very useful to have a platform dedicated to exhibiting or sharing our pictures and short videos, which are usually accompanied by small captions. I prefer Instagram also because of the face that it doesn't have that much political content that we see on FB or twitter.

Pros

Instagram, in my opinion, is the best platform to connect with the rest of the globe. Instagram currently has a high number of users, owing to the fact that it is a simple and effective way to communicate with others. Not only is Instagram quickly evolving, but it has also been releasing new features that are quite spectacular, such as IGTV, highlights, reels, and other features that have been a huge success. It also helps freelancers and content creators to earn money for their work.

Cons

Instagram for most people becomes addictive, and they end up spending way more time on it. Also it shows a lot of ads but that is ok as this is what keeps it free for public.

Shahriyar
Shahriyar

Instagram..

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

I've been using Instagram from quite a lot of time and prefer it over other social media platforms due to its simple design and scarcity of long irrelevant text post.

Pros

Instagram is one of the most popular social media app. It is primarily designed as a social photo sharing app. You can easily share photos and short videos through it. It also has inbuilt functionalities to capture and edit photos and videos and apply different filters to it. Apart from you can also use its integrated messaging service to send messages to other insta friends. Apart from social use, due to its vast user base it is also used by businesses and entraprenuers to promote their businesses either theough ads or through social media influencers. Apart from regular posts, you can also share graphic and visual stories that remains for 24 hour. Recently instagram has introduced Instagram Reels which is a 15 sec video making service with background music as in tiktok.

Cons

Instagram very well serves the purpose that it is designed for, but has started to show alot more advertisments among post and stories from the past.

Nalutaaya
  • Industry: Design

Easy to Use and Earn Money

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

I used to use alot of money in marketing but it's now easy to market my business via Instagram

Pros

Sharing videos and photos is more impactful you can also earn real money through monetization when you're consistent with Instagram it's easy to use you can upload your videos and photos about your business

Cons

Instagram is a bit expensive if you're using mobile data

WhatsApp

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

Because Instagram has the highest number of people using it with seriousness in business than Facebook

Facebook Apps and Tabs

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because marketing on WhatsApp is bit slow because the people in your contacts are the only one to see your status in case you're marketing something which is not the way with Instagram
Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

Instagram is great for promoting small business

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Overall Instagram it’s great for sharing your businesses photos and videos and being able to promote those with your followers. Being able for your followers to share as well helps to grow your business. It is also nice to be able to use the app directly to edit your photos right as you are posting them. My biggest complaint however is the fact that it is directly tied to Facebook and uses old businesses that may not have anything linked to the new businesses. This makes it expensive and sometimes impossible to use their promote feature.

Pros

I like how easy it is for me to edit and post my photos and videos for our customers to be able to see. They are also able to easily share with their followers and turn helping our business grow.

Cons

I don’t like how expensive it is to use the promote feature, and also how it ties directly into old Facebook accounts.

Twitter/X and TikTok

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

Facebook became expensive and not as active as other platforms, and tied old businesses to new businesses.

Meta for Business

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

I was able to engage more with my client base.

InstaEverything

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

I have had a great overall experience with Instagram being able to share my thoughts, ideas, and time with others that I love. Being able to connect is great and being able to have a collection of your memories in one spot is amazing! A lot of fun to reminisce. I have many friends who have used Instagram as a platform for their voices as well as products and have had a lot of success using this application. Instagram has given me a profitable photo album.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that you’re able to share anything, search anything, and connect with just about anyone. This application has brought together not only people, but the visual representation of their experiences within their lives as well.

Cons

What I like least about this software is a large issue when it comes to the internet alone. There are a vast array of people on the site which means some comments may not be so nice. I believe if you stray from negative profiles and people, there isn’t much to worry about as with almost any program.

Workplace from Meta and Spark AR

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

Instagram was able to make things more easily accessible as well as appealing to the eye.

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Instagram had a greater appeal and a much larger following.
Hiran
Hiran
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

A quality feeds and stories with a stable user platform.

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

The standardization of the quality of the posts and stories are great with loaded of built-in features like filters, stickers and many more which keep this social media platform quality and fun.

Pros

In posting the pictures and videos various built-in cool filters are available to apply. Can switch the app theme from light mode to dark mode. Login activity option helps the user to check their login history from various location. Instagram stories are loaded with the various filter which makes stories more fun and interesting. Also, Instagram stories have close friends option where the user can create their own list of friends who can view their Instagram stories. Instagram search feed is loaded based on the user relevant interests which is don't keep boring. Following particular hashtags keep the user following their interests. Good responsive for reporting sensitive content and posts. The user can switch their profile from public to personal and open to lock based on their wish.

Cons

The Instagram website version is not as stable as the mobile version. Instagram consumes more internet data. Instagram should control the adult contents which may increase interests in adultery. Although the platform is great but addictive. The stories and posts are great but sometimes ads are irritative. The support team need to increase response time in resolving the issue.

Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Fun for personal use and a great marketing tool for business

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

I have found Instagram to be a good source for discovering new businesses that I’m Interested in. When I follow a business page, Instagram suggests similar pages you might want to follow. So, if used correctly, Instagram could be a great resource for reaching new customers/clients and growing your email list.

Pros

We use Instagram to post social media graphics and utilize the Instagram Shop feature. I linked our Instagram store to our Facebook and Instagram accounts and first imported our products to Facebook to set up a shop on that page.

Note: Since Instagram is now owned by Facebook, you can easily link your Instagram account to your Facebook business page and automatically post to both accounts with the click of a button. It’s a great way to increase your visibility to potential customers with less effort.

Going back to the Facebook and Instagram shops... It took some time to customize the Facebook shop, set up product categories, and request Facebook to re-review denied products that I felt should not have been denied. But because our Facebook and Instagram accounts are linked, I was able to automatically import the Facebook shop into Instagram, creating a shop there as well, with the click of a button. That was super easy! (They only bad thing was the categories I set up didn’t transfer to Instagram.)

Another note: Much of the work I put into setting up the shops was done through Shopify - I only had to go into Facebook itself to customize the shop’s appearance and set the categories. I’m not sure how the process works if you are setting up shops directly within Facebook/Instagram.

Cons

My biggest complaint about Instagram is that they don’t let you add links to your posts. You can add a description to the pictures/videos you post, and you can add a URL in the post, but the URL is not clickable. So people viewing your post would have to copy the link, open a new browser tab, and paste the URL there to open the web page. Most people are not going to take the effort to do that.

You can add one link in your Instagram account - to the profile section. So you could potentially switch out that link to send people to a different landing page when promoting a different product or service, inform followers in your new posts about what you are promoting, and instruct them to click the link in the profile. But it makes the whole process much more difficult and annoying.

Yassine
Yassine

Share your moment and grow your business on Instagram

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

I've been using Instagram for a long time and prefer it to other social media networks due to its simplicity and absence of long text updates. Instagram has been great for connecting with new consumers and marketing my brand. New ways to share material include the Explore page, search boxes, and hashtags. Using Linkedin/Facebook was one thing, but I couldn't overcome corporate difficulties until I adopted BizzBook. I My societal norms have been adjusted, whether for commercial or personal motives. If you have other tasks to complete, you can create multiple logins and switch between them as needed.
You can also create a store under your profile.

Pros

The best feature is Instagram's UI. It's easy to have too much information on my profile. This platform's amazing organization makes my profile more appealing. I joined Instagram for its design. I can edit my photos before posting them to Instagram using filters and geotags. I may also limit who sees my material by setting privacy controls. I may share photos, movies, and other original content with many others that use the app. My content is also available on other social media sites. I use hashtags to promote my Instagram campaigns and engage my followers. Geotags show a business's location and its surroundings. I can also link my account to Facebook and Twitter. You can use Facebook to notify your friends about your story. Instagram has made visualizing my brand easy. To attract buyers, I publish fantastic images of my stuff.

Cons

Instagram is a photo-sharing network, and as such, only photographs can be shared. Though you may also include videos. Instagram's design is disorganized due to the fact that it is not accessible via the web and must be viewed via a mobile device. Web images are impossible to display correctly in each unique shape. The program is mostly reliant on pictures, and the editing capabilities are relatively limited. There are ways to use images shared by professionals on Instagram without obtaining permission from the copyright holder.

Mack
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Instagram: Content Vs. Memories

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Overall, my experience has been good, but not exemplary. Instagram has a lot of social and technical ramifications to work out, but for what it's worth, the app gets the job done and can provide a meaningful way to connect with people or know what my friends are up to. They say a picture says a thousand words, but sometimes the sense of capturing a moment is lost in the pseudo-marketing of it all. Instagram is an app that has evolved over time, and it's likely that I need to evolve with it.

Pros

I like how easy Instagram is to use--the notion that a post is just a click away. From a user perspective, I enjoy writing captions for my photos and applying a location; it makes my post feel more complete and gives a little bit of backstory for viewers.

I also appreciate the Story feature, mostly as a way of checking in with what my friends in real life are doing, sometimes in real time, or very recently. While I feel Instagram's main purpose is to share photos, the video aspect, while short-term, is rewarding as well.

Cons

I dislike the stigma that surrounds Instagram, which sometimes feels like it's there to churn out content--even duplicate posts, and repetitive creativity--as opposed to share memories. With an unlimited amount of photos at my disposal, I can scroll for hours but never get a sense of who I'm really seeing. Posts lose their specialness by prioritizing the fact that it was posted at all over the notion of a moment in time.

On the technical side, I dislike the Message and Discover icons as I believe they are misrepresented--I often click on one when I meant to click on the other. Furthermore, the general UI of Instagram feels like it could be improved to prioritize a grander scope of photos rather than one per user at a time; it's less of an issue about crowding the page and more about having too little on the page, or at least, forcing us to choose how much time we're willing to spend to sift through a day's worth of posts.

I'm also not a fan of filters as I believe they detract from the natural intention of the post. Not only that, but many filters resemble each other too much.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara

My Take on Instagram

Reviewed on 18/03/2023

Despite its flaws, Instagram has become a big part of my daily social media routine. The visual focus, Stories feature, and discovery options make it an engaging and enjoyable platform to use. However, users should be aware of the downsides, like the prevalence of ads and the pressure to maintain a perfect image. If you can balance these aspects, Instagram can be a fun and rewarding way to connect with others and share your life's moments.

Pros

I've been using Instagram for a while now, and it's become one of my favorite social media platforms. I love the visual focus of the app, and it's a great way to share moments of my life with friends and family. The "Stories" feature is super fun, letting me post short-lived updates without cluttering my main feed. I've also found it to be a great place to discover new artists, photographers, and interesting people from around the world. The Explore tab makes it easy to find content that matches my interests, and I've spent countless hours scrolling through amazing photos and videos.Another great aspect of Instagram is the variety of tools and features it offers for creating engaging content. With a wide range of filters and editing options, it's easy to turn ordinary photos into eye-catching images. The "Reels" feature is also a fantastic addition, as it allows users to create short, entertaining videos with various effects and music. Moreover, Instagram has become an excellent platform for businesses and influencers, providing them with opportunities to connect with their audience, showcase their products, and grow their brand. The platform's built-in messaging system, Instagram Direct, also makes it simple to have private conversations or group chats with friends, making it a versatile app for both sharing content and staying connected.

Cons

Even though Instagram has a lot of great features, there are some downsides as well. One issue I've noticed is the prevalence of ads in the feed. I understand that ads are necessary for a free platform, but sometimes it feels like they're taking over my entire feed. Another concern is the pressure to maintain a perfect online image. I've found myself getting caught up in the "likes" game, and it can be stressful trying to create content that will get a lot of attention. Lastly, I wish there was a better way to manage and organize the content I've saved or liked. It can be tough to find something I've saved a few weeks or months ago.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The Social Media Platform for Everyone

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

My overall experience with Instagram has been positive. I like the way it allows me to connect with friends and family, as well as discover new people and interests. I also appreciate the creative tools that Instagram offers, which allow me to express myself visually.Here are some of the things I like about Instagram:* The ability to connect with friends and family: I enjoy seeing what my friends and family are up to, and I love sharing my own photos and videos with them. Instagram makes it easy to stay connected with the people I care about.* The discovery of new people and interests: I've found some great new friends and interests through Instagram. I follow people from all over the world, and I'm always learning about new things.* The creative tools: Instagram offers a variety of creative tools that allow me to express myself visually. I love using filters and stickers to add a personal touch to my photos and videos.Of course, no platform is perfect, and Instagram has its share of flaws. Here are a few things I don't like about Instagram:* The algorithm: Instagram's algorithm can be frustrating at times. It can be hard to get your content seen by people who actually want to see it.* The pressure to look perfect: Instagram can be a breeding ground for insecurity. It can be easy to compare yourself to the seemingly perfect images that people post.

Pros

I liked Instagram for many reasons, but here are some of my favorites:* **The focus on visuals.** Instagram is a visual platform, and I love that. I can scroll through my feed and see beautiful photos and videos from all over the world. It's a great way to be inspired and to learn about different cultures.* **The community.** I found a great community of people on Instagram who share my interests. I can connect with other photographers, foodies, travelers, and more. It's a great way to make friends and to learn from others.* **The creativity.** Instagram is a great platform for creativity. I love seeing how people use the app to express themselves. There are endless possibilities for creating beautiful and engaging content.* **The fun factor.** Instagram is just plain fun to use. It's a great way to pass the time and to connect with people. I always find myself laughing at the funny videos or being inspired by the beautiful photos.Overall, I think Instagram is a great social media platform. It's visually appealing, it has a strong community, it's creative, and it's just plain fun. I'm glad I got to experience it.

Cons

I think the thing I liked least about Instagram was the pressure to create perfect content. There is always a pressure on social media to present the best version of ourselves, and Instagram is no exception. This can lead to people feeling insecure about their own lives and comparing themselves to others. It can also lead to people spending a lot of time and energy curating their feeds, which can be draining and time-consuming.Another thing I didn't like about Instagram was the amount of spam and fake accounts. There are a lot of people who use Instagram to promote their businesses or products, and some of them will use spammy tactics to get people to follow them. This can be annoying and disruptive to the user experience.Finally, I didn't like the way Instagram can be addictive. It's easy to get sucked into scrolling through your feed for hours, and it can be hard to disconnect from the platform. This can lead to problems with productivity and mental health.Overall, I think Instagram is a great platform for connecting with friends and sharing photos, but it's important to be aware of the potential downsides. If you find yourself feeling stressed or anxious about Instagram, it might be time to take a break.