Instagram

4.7 (4,859)
Write a Review!
Capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages

(4,859)

4859 Reviews for UK Users

Abbas Yusufzai
Abbas Yusufzai
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Instagram.. Let others have a glimpse of your life..

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

I spend quite a good portion of my me time surfing Instagram alsmost every day. It's very useful to have a platform dedicated to exhibiting or sharing our pictures and short videos, which are usually accompanied by small captions. I prefer Instagram also because of the face that it doesn't have that much political content that we see on FB or twitter.

Pros

Instagram, in my opinion, is the best platform to connect with the rest of the globe. Instagram currently has a high number of users, owing to the fact that it is a simple and effective way to communicate with others. Not only is Instagram quickly evolving, but it has also been releasing new features that are quite spectacular, such as IGTV, highlights, reels, and other features that have been a huge success. It also helps freelancers and content creators to earn money for their work.

Cons

Instagram for most people becomes addictive, and they end up spending way more time on it. Also it shows a lot of ads but that is ok as this is what keeps it free for public.

mohamad
mohamad
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

For me as a social media manager and as someone who use Instagram daily I think the app is...

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Well, after using Instagram for 2 years I think it's good for entertainment and marketing and make you contact your friends easily and message them, Instagram also gives you the possibility to meet new friends too

Pros

This app is easy to use like, it's simple and fast, it's easy to post something or share something with your friend, you can follow people that you know personally or anyone else, and it's also easy to start a conversation on it with some cause there is a place where you can send messages on it, the recommended page is good and clear from the unacceptable content.

Cons

Actually, there are some features that should be on Instagram like the availability of making long videos on Instagram like 3 minutes or 5 minutes videos, and adding the option of reacting to posts with funny reactions and angry reactions just like Facebook and other social media platform does.

Maciej
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Instagram For E-Commerce Business

Reviewed on 21/06/2024

Pros

We use Instagram to drive customers from posts to Shopify listings. No platform has the reach of Instagram in creating authentic audiences that will buy consumer products.

Utilize many features including tap to buy, IG advertising, etc

Cons

Support is very difficult to reach, even with a brand manager. IG makes algorithmic changes that make long terms planning and forecasting difficult.

Overall the best platform out there due to scale but there are issues that are pervasive

Julie
Julie
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Why oh why can't we add links in our posts

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

Overall, again I use this program because I have to. I am not a fan of posting 'stories' that go away within 24 hours... to me this seems like a waste of time to use (but again I have to). There is so much hype around instagram, but I would love to hear some of the great things about it I fail to see as a Business Owner.

Pros

I think the biggest thing I like is that so many of my customers use Instagram, so being on there and posting daily helps with bookings.

Cons

For me, I am not a huge fan of Instagram. I use it because I have to use it. My number one beef is that in posts you cannot add links. So instead what I try to do is copy articles I like or have written, and put as many words as I can in the post. Or... I say "click link in profile for more info" and have that linking to my blog. In this day and age it is silly to not have that option, and I struggle to understand why Instagram chose this. The only thing I can think of is that they want you to stay 100% on Instagram, and not get sidetracked.
The other thing I dislike is actually gaining followers. I feel like no matter how great the posts are that I put up.. I have sat at the same amount forEVER. So... I will continue to use it, even though I would prefer not to, because it seems like so many people out there do love it.

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

I ended up having to use all of them to broaden my Customer base.
Sumit
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

My thoughts about instagram.

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

I use Instagram since my school time and I started making my friends from this platform. When no one knew me, Instagram recognized me, when I started uploading photos, putting videos, people started recognizing me and I started getting motivation.

Pros

The first thing I liked the most on Instagram is that I can manage multiple accounts in a single phone, the amazing thing is that the video, reel or the photos I liked earlier and I want to find it, then I can easily find it in the liked post on Instagram. I love privacy so I like Insta's Venice mode.

Cons

Many times I have to face a lot of problems in logging in to Instagram and many times I have to recreate the password which I feel very bad, sometimes Instagram takes a lot of time to load a reels, it also takes more time to complete the upload I made.

Adham
Adham
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

The #1 social media app for both businesses and users

Reviewed on 17/12/2023

Just perfect for anyone who’s looking to scroll through reels and waste time, look for restaurants or places, connect with friends or even grow their business

Pros

It helped my company achieve results, gain more users to our app, sell products and get more exposure to the company, and for me personally it helped me get clients for my design and photography freelance business

Cons

Sometimes it has bugs, like photos not being posted or messages not being sent, also sometimes stories get stuck on not posting but overall minimal dislike.

Twitter/X

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because of my own personal preference as well as sharing photos is a crucial part of it, and instagram provides photos more beauty and exposure as well as videos

Very comfortable social media platform for my business

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

My experience with Instagram 5 years. Before I am using Facebook it's not comfortable with more like chat, editing, community, and groups. But Instagram full fill my all requirement, like marketing, chatting, and more.

One of the main thing is Instagram was very helpful for find my target Audience.

Pros

Lot of video editing options and more AI tools for editing my video.
Instagram reduce 3 apps usage like Photo editing app, Video Editing App, Social Media.

Cons

I can't able to send documents in Instagram message option. May be Instagram will give file sending option I will drop the WhatsApp

Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Instagram for Marketing Campaigns

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

A great platform to reach connect with your target audience. Though it's latest update included the feature of broadcasting, it still has a long way to develop a sophisticated community feature like LinkedIn and Facebook!

Pros

Easy to identify your target audience. I like its Meta integration, which makes cross-posting super easy. The paid campaigns work really well. Especially the recent update with great sophistication in converting leads into actionable signees.

Cons

The biggest drawback is the inability to schedule the posts. One can only do that using Business Meta Suite.

Facebook Business Suite

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Tagging is possible on IG app than the FB Business Suite!
Andri

Instagram is a very good app

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

I use it daily, I talk a lot with my friends and family, I watch a lot of videos, I really like the app.

Pros

I like the photos part, there are many filters for all tastes, the reels are very interactive, the profile has good settings.

Cons

The application could have much better privacy security.

Vincent
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Effectiveness of Instagram

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Fantastic. Its an awesome app where you can be able to market your products to be accessed all over the world

Pros

Authenticity in marketing. There is wide range marketing products through Instagram

Cons

The coverage is minimal since the app is mostly used by the young generation

Review of Instagram

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

I am satisfied with Instagram, as it delivers the best possible content to me and which satisfies my taste ( for instance I like to see a lot of content about anime, games and swords ).

Pros

I like how it is easy to use Instagram, both for personal and business use ( to promote your brand and products for instance ). By using the Instagram, I am able to maintain a small blog, without need to create a webpage just for this. Also, app is constantly getting new updates and functions, so in general it's usability and quality is also increasing greatly by the time.

Cons

Because there is a lot of users ( children especially ), it would be good to have +18 and sort of children protection option, so some of users are divided as such ( regarding the feed which they get during the daily use ). This would be good, because there is a lot of Mature content ( even with the restrictions made by Instagram ) which is being viewed and commented daily by underaged users, which can lead to cyber bullying sometimes and this needs to be stopped.

Sandra
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Be cautious on Instagram

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Instagram has been a lifeline for me throughout the pandemic, it gave me an outlet to express my creativity and to get involved with a wonderful community and to learn many things about setting up your own business, and of course like any other software it takes time and sit backs, but the community on Instagram if you happen to reach out to the right people, I'm more than happy to give you advice. I had to learn the hard way to research companies on Instagram before you hand over money. Overall, Instagram has brought something out in me that I never knew I had.

Pros

Instagram can be a remarkable tool for anyone who has very little knowledge of technology to someone who is extremely familiar with it. It's a place where you can find out more about products and how other people feel about them and you're getting it first hand and you're able to ask questions back. It's a tool to help you start up your own business, it's a place filled with ideas and people who are just like you. The opportunities on Instagram are endless.

Cons

The cons to Instagram, is it so easy for people to set up fake websites and if you're unfamiliar with Instagram, you may find yourself out of money. Because there are swindlers on Instagram, that are taking advantage of honest people who are trying to create something wonderful and using it to their advantage. I feel more needs to be done to protect the software from hackers.

Claude

Instagram is among the top 5 social networking platforms on earth. Also an ecommerce platform

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

I will highly recommend IG for anybody with a business. This will help increase or expand your audience

Pros

IG is not only a social media platform but it is also an eCommerce platform. As a business owner, IG has helped me a lot, in fact, my business relies on IG to survive. Because this platform is most visited, selling on this platform can link you to lots or customer. IG helps you match your products to buyers who are most likely to buy those products. For instance, someone who usually search information about pets will be most likely exposed to pet related products hence targeting the right people who are most likely to buy. Also, IG is cheap to create ads. Selling fees are also cheap. Shipping labels are very affordable. All these feature are in one place, making it very convenience for the seller to manage his business. Also, they help promote your products on other related platforms like Facebook. It is also very secure

Cons

I think what I have encountered as draw back with IG is that many users are not well informed or they are skeptical shopping on IG. Also, more features like chats and other data analysis tools should be included. Also, IG should also improve its customer service. Users should also be able to connect to a real human either by phone call or email.

Wix

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

It was very difficult to get customers to my store

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because of the ease with which a business can meet potential customers
Abdoulaye

An excellent application

Reviewed on 07/11/2021

Although this social network is constantly evolving to satisfy its users, there are still actions that require the use of external applications in addition to Instagram: sharing content, editing photos, testing short formats

Pros

I really like this app, Instagram especially! It's also very well secured. Unfortunately the app doesn't exist on Mac and to have it as an app would be more useful than going via the internet, if you want to go from the computer. Instagram has a great presence on the internet, and I'm sure on app it would be even better! My request would be that Instagram create the app on Mac please!

Cons

One of the most effective ways to develop a brand image is to communicate through visuals. Indeed, it is common to say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". This means that it is easier to convey an emotion to the consumer through a visual rather than text.
In this sense, Instagram is probably the most effective social network to work on your company's identity. It allows you to creatively express the visual universe associated with your brand, while showcasing your products or services.
It's also the social network of intimacy: take advantage of it to film behind the scenes or your typical day, introduce your partners and customers...
I like this application

Nalutaaya
  • Industry: Design

Easy to Use and Earn Money

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

I used to use alot of money in marketing but it's now easy to market my business via Instagram

Pros

Sharing videos and photos is more impactful you can also earn real money through monetization when you're consistent with Instagram it's easy to use you can upload your videos and photos about your business

Cons

Instagram is a bit expensive if you're using mobile data

WhatsApp

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

Because Instagram has the highest number of people using it with seriousness in business than Facebook

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because marketing on WhatsApp is bit slow because the people in your contacts are the only one to see your status in case you're marketing something which is not the way with Instagram
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

InstaEverything

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

I have had a great overall experience with Instagram being able to share my thoughts, ideas, and time with others that I love. Being able to connect is great and being able to have a collection of your memories in one spot is amazing! A lot of fun to reminisce. I have many friends who have used Instagram as a platform for their voices as well as products and have had a lot of success using this application. Instagram has given me a profitable photo album.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that you’re able to share anything, search anything, and connect with just about anyone. This application has brought together not only people, but the visual representation of their experiences within their lives as well.

Cons

What I like least about this software is a large issue when it comes to the internet alone. There are a vast array of people on the site which means some comments may not be so nice. I believe if you stray from negative profiles and people, there isn’t much to worry about as with almost any program.

Workplace from Meta and Spark AR

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

Instagram was able to make things more easily accessible as well as appealing to the eye.

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Instagram had a greater appeal and a much larger following.
Alexandre
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Expericience using Instagram

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

The experience with Instagram has been very good, it is a simple tool to use, and it is used by thousands of people which makes us close to many people. It has few problems with bugs and crashes but needs to improve the issue of advertising and search tools better.

Pros

Instagram has been a very useful platform in promoting my store, because it has many users due to the ease of using the tool and the availability of content. Using the platform is great because you can all the time be close to customers through stories and photos. The software knows how to separate and recommend the content well for users, differentiating most of the time the client to a more pleasant content, this selection is fast and efficient. The interface allows the user to see all the posts without being tiring and exhausting due to the constant dissemination of content. The advertisements that we hire reach relatively well the customers, it is a tool that can improve but it is still very good. The use of the hashtag also adds a lot to our company by connecting users with a very specific "interest".

Cons

In general Instagram has few problems but one that I can point out is the absence of a more efficient search tool, it is not so simple to find a user's post without knowing his name and entering his profile, the search tools are limited only to user names and hashtags, this should be improved. In addition, sometimes I get some advertisements that do not match what I follow and what I like. Sometimes I fear that this will happen to my clients and that my advertising will end up reaching people who do not fit in my line of work.

Nawal

Bitter sweet experience with Instagram

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

We put a lot of efforts into our accounts. I have a food account and a language account and I dedicate a lot of time to enrich them in order to help others. Now, I worry one day Instagram will decide my account is restricted for no reason. I am seriously considering slowing down on my use of Instagram and switching to youtube.

Pros

It is practical, easy to use, fun and very interactive. You do not need to have a computer to use Instagram, I use my phone to upload most of my posts and to keep my feeds constant.

Cons

1. It would be great to be able to reorder our posts as we want. One of my instagram accounts has educational content and sometimes I prefer to reorder the post. I know there are other apps that can be integrated to Instagram for that purpose. However, I am a busy person and believe in practicality. I do not want to be relying on other apps. I love Pinterest because of that. I can organize my posts whenever I need to and can even categorize them and place them in folders.

2. Now, one thing I strongly dislike about Instagram and it even made to consider closing one of accounts is the fact that costumer service is nearly invisible. My educational account was new, and had only a few posts. Just a few days ago I noticed that I had a restriction on this account that says: Account restricted. You can't run promotions because you didn't comply with Facebook's advertising policies. I never tried to advertise so this did not make sense. I requested a review in which I explained I never even tried to advertise and that there is a mistake. I got an email saying that this was their final decision and that my account will always be restricted. I tried requesting reviews a few more time and I got a message that said that this was it. I will never be able to advertise. I do not care for this feature but it is annoying not to be able to be in touch with a real person.

Kyle

Is Instagram for me?

Reviewed on 18/04/2021

Pros

As someone who values time and like to have control over how it is spent each day, I constantly wondered if Instagram was for me. I now find myself loving and using Instagram for a variety of reasons. For business purposes, It helps me to track trends and connect with potential clients through the use of a business account and by utilizing the hashtag feature. It helps me to locate clients who are interested in my specific product through the use of a key word or phrase. Sponsored ads are a great marketing tool for me, which is so helpful to my business, allowing me to promote my product to the demographic I select. This gives me the ability to reach clients I would not normally be able to through traditional means. I also use Instagram for getting information about products or services I might be interested in from other businesses.

In my personal life it helps me to stay connected with friends and family and share images, videos we find captivating and chat by text or video. For the days I just want a laugh or a break from reality, I'm sure I can find something on Instagram to captivate me and fulfil that need, whether it be an Instagram live or playing around with photo filters.

I use Instagram for business, my social life and keeping up to date with current affairs. This is a platform that makes my life easier, allowing me to connect with clients, family and friends all in one place.

Cons

There really isn't anything I did not like, my experience has bee amazing as Instagram satisfy my social and business needs.

Laura
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Small Boutiques MUST Have

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

I think that, without instagram, I wouldn't be able to reach some of the people that I have worked with. I am able to interact with people all over the world and all they have to do is double-tap on my picture. I can post about content, a personal post, ask for people's opinions, and so much more.
I truly think that, if a small business is going to invest time in a social media app, it should be instagram.

Pros

Instagram is incredibly easy to use and very user-friendly. They keep adding new features on a regular basis that continues to improve upon the app itself and, as long as you pay attention, they will absolutely make a difference.
A boutique shop of any kind; jewelry, makeup, clothing, customization of shoes, etc, that doesn't have an instagram account that they regularly post on is doing a disservice to itself.
People are no longer turning to facebook for a boutique shopping experience and have turned solely to Instagram. Millennials and GenZ swear by the app and are the ones who would be the target audience.
The promotion feature is easy to use and inexpensive.
The interaction features for "Instagram Stories" are invaluable for a business. It's just a simple tap of a finger but it gets people engaged with you.

Cons

Something that irritated me personally was the limit on hashtags. You can only hashtag 30 things. If you have a unique shop, you want to be able to be found as easily as possible and with the ability to reach anyone who may have interest.
I sometimes use my desktop for instagram to reply to messages but that's really all I can do. There is no posting feature for the desktop. That's just a small pet peeve of mine.
Links posted in comments or posts are not hyperlinked and you can't copy/paste them. Super annoying for content creators that are promoting a new article.

Kriti
Kriti
  • Industry: Photography

A content creator's app!

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Like many, Instagram is my favorite social media app - it's full of aesthetics, it helps me connect, network, showcase my work and whenever I'm taking a break from my office work, I open Instagram. It's my number one source of news, and it also provides me with a platform to voice my opinions. So to say, for me, Instagram is an all-in-one app that I use for entertainment, information, and even education!

Pros

Instagram may have started as a mere photo-sharing app but it has now become a content creator's home. I'm a freelance photographer and I use Instagram as my photography portfolio.

It helps me connect with fellow photographers, build community with them, and simply appreciate our shared love for photography with each other. It's a great social networking app that a lot of us use for leisure but now our purposes have moved much beyond that. Features like reels, IGTV, stories, guides and so much more provide creators like me with endless possibilities of showcasing our work in many formats. The use of hashtags makes it even more interesting!

Cons

Since it is primarily a social media app that most of us use for leisure, Instagram can be really addicting. Sometimes you open your phone to do some important work but end up scrolling Instagram instead. If you can control your addiction with the app, you can put it to great use! Moreover, their customer support isn't satisfactory at all. I haven't received the reels feature on my account even though it's been months since Instagram launched it. I have written to them countless times about it, yet there has been no response or certifications. There is no email id or phone number provided by them, and the only way of reaching out to them, i.e., 'help' section of your account, doesn't work either.

Yassine
Yassine

Share your moment and grow your business on Instagram

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

I've been using Instagram for a long time and prefer it to other social media networks due to its simplicity and absence of long text updates. Instagram has been great for connecting with new consumers and marketing my brand. New ways to share material include the Explore page, search boxes, and hashtags. Using Linkedin/Facebook was one thing, but I couldn't overcome corporate difficulties until I adopted BizzBook. I My societal norms have been adjusted, whether for commercial or personal motives. If you have other tasks to complete, you can create multiple logins and switch between them as needed.
You can also create a store under your profile.

Pros

The best feature is Instagram's UI. It's easy to have too much information on my profile. This platform's amazing organization makes my profile more appealing. I joined Instagram for its design. I can edit my photos before posting them to Instagram using filters and geotags. I may also limit who sees my material by setting privacy controls. I may share photos, movies, and other original content with many others that use the app. My content is also available on other social media sites. I use hashtags to promote my Instagram campaigns and engage my followers. Geotags show a business's location and its surroundings. I can also link my account to Facebook and Twitter. You can use Facebook to notify your friends about your story. Instagram has made visualizing my brand easy. To attract buyers, I publish fantastic images of my stuff.

Cons

Instagram is a photo-sharing network, and as such, only photographs can be shared. Though you may also include videos. Instagram's design is disorganized due to the fact that it is not accessible via the web and must be viewed via a mobile device. Web images are impossible to display correctly in each unique shape. The program is mostly reliant on pictures, and the editing capabilities are relatively limited. There are ways to use images shared by professionals on Instagram without obtaining permission from the copyright holder.

Akhil

Simple Instagram review

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Generally Instagram has been helpful, I've made heaps of companions and conscious individuals. I can discuss rapidly with my companions, I can elevate my business to my crowd and I most likely wouldn't have gotten any deals if not for Instagram. I've been involving Instagram for quite a while and incline toward it to other online media networks because of its straightforwardness and nonattendance of long text refreshes. Instagram has been incredible for associating with new buyers and showcasing my image. In any case, it is a stage where I can feel great and offer what I need, and I like to utilize it

Pros

I like that you can interface with the world at large, being ready to make a local area of individuals you have never met face to face yet share normal interests and liking what one posts, leaving a remark and enjoying. I love the label include that has no limitations by any means, the individual you tag to a post will get a warning that they were labelled. It permits you to share photographs and brief recordings as status alongside stories that stay for 24 hours. It is additionally utilized for photograph altering, as it offers extremely valuable photograph altering devices. Aside from social sharing, you can likewise settle on sound and video decision to your companions on it or send the message utilizing its inbuilt Instagram courier. Because of its enormous client base, alongside fun and social use, it is additionally generally utilized by VIPs and organizations to expand their compass. The incorporation among Instagram and Facebook messages in an application makes me more agreeable, to oversee the two messages by Messenger.

Cons

The portrayal of a picture or a distribution overall can be deciphered, however I would like it to likewise have the option to interpret the remarks. It is a piece irritating to enter a distribution and go over remarks in different dialects and not having the option to interpret what it implies. I think sharing the more extended recordings to consequently play on your story should be refreshed. Besides, the overall UI of Instagram feels like it very well may be improved to focus on a more stupendous extent of photographs rather than each per client in turn; it's less of an issue about swarming the page and more about having too minimal on the page, or if nothing else, driving us to pick how long we're willing to spend to filter during a time of posts.

• Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Instagram - a great app for all types of people.

Reviewed on 03/08/2022

Overall I really enjoy using Instagram, it is a great app full of lots of cool and useful features that is able to improve your social life, market and promote your business and even just keep you entertained for hours. I enjoy using the Insights feature to see how well my promotions and posts are doing and to see which ones need work. I would like for Instagram to add in a report hacked account button just to make it safer for all. This is definitely an app I would recommend.

Pros

Being able to go live at any moment is really great, it has helped me gain a lot of new followers and also promote my brand which led to an increase in my productivity and social life. I especially like how Insights is able to show me exactly how many interactions my post has had and how many users decided to view my profile based on interest in my post. It also shows me how many skipped and from that I am able to realize I need to improve on my content or brand.

Cons

I really dislike how fake accounts are able to easily access Instagram and spam you with messages and links to try to hack your account. I feel like Instagram can greatly improve on this type of security that's needed to prevent this or at least give us the option to report a hacked or stolen account and freeze it till it can be reviewed.

abdellatif
  • Industry: Photography

vision fitur

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

The Explore feature of Instagram provides users with personalized recommendations and content tailored to their interests. It helps users discover new accounts, posts, and trends based on their preferences, engagement, and the accounts they follow. This feature makes it easy for users to explore different content categories and find inspiration.

Pros

Instagram is renowned for its focus on visual content, making it a platform where users can share and discover captivating photos and videos. The emphasis on visual storytelling allows users to express their creativity, showcase their experiences, and engage with content in a visually appealing manner.Instagram fosters a vibrant community where users can connect, interact, and engage with others. Users can follow friends, family, celebrities, influencers, and brands to stay updated on their activities, and they can also participate in conversations through likes, comments, and direct messages. This sense of community and engagement is a key aspect of Instagram's appeal.

Cons

Algorithmic Feed: Some users have expressed frustration with Instagram's algorithmic feed, which determines the order in which posts appear in the feed. Some feel that the algorithm can prioritize popular or sponsored content over recent posts from accounts they follow, resulting in a less chronological and less personalized feed.Privacy and Data Handling: Privacy concerns have been raised regarding Instagram's data handling practices. As a social media platform, Instagram collects user data for various purposes, such as personalizing the feed, displaying targeted ads, and analyzing user behavior. Some users have expressed concerns about the security and privacy of their personal information on the platform.