Instagram

4.7 (3,199)
Capture, edit, and share photos, videos, and messages

(3,199)
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.1/5

3199 Reviews for UK Users

Nitin
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy going business marketing and social networking app for startups & influencers

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Overall, this is the best platform for hangout if you love to travel, eat and take pictures every day. Lots of business features makes it a good option to promote niche products with ease. I will definitely continue using this app till they have interesting updates and customers. Anyone can integrate this app to their website without knowing much about coding.

Pros

I love to find opportunities to connect new people online and to propose my business products to help them solve their problems, and Instagram does it very efficiently and effectively.

Also, lots of business marketing guides and tools makes promotions of products so easy. Budget friendly ad promotion helps me to reach more people on Instagram.

Recently, they have added a desktop site feature to their website to upload images and video post that really makes this platform best.

Cons

Slows down many times during scrolling profiles and posts and need to restart app, this results in losing last surfed profile. Search seems sometimes complicated in current update.

Lots of limitations on image and video size and length, still I feel they compress images that ultimately blurs my images.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Instagram review

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

Instagram is a great way of communicating and sharing content. It’s personally one of my favorite social media apps.

Pros

Instagram is my most used app on a daily. It’s easy and fun to use. It’s a joy to create a digital photo album to safe keep memories over the years. It’s a great app to also deploy information as well as to market various businesses. Although I don’t have a business, I have interacted with businesses via this app and it was very simple and easy. I enjoy the “book now” and “view products” feature as it allows for easy perusal for potential buyers.

Cons

The algorithm has negatively affected the interaction of my followers by giving my account low visibility, therefore only a small portion of my followers see my content . I also think that the direct messaging can be improved. It’s impossible to chat search and I think that can be a benefit.

Moustafa Medhat
  • Industry: Medical Devices

My Review of Instagram

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

My overall experience with Instagram is good but it needs some improvements.

Pros

I like that I can publish stories on both Instagram and Facebook simultaneously from the Instagram application. Instagram allows me to save any posts I may be interested in later. Also, I like that Instagram offers many editing tools for photos and videos.

Cons

Instagram doesn't allow me to edit my post once it is published. I have to delete and republish it again which is a time-consuming process. The search bar of Instagram is not good and I can't rely on it. Also, Instagram doesn't have the feature of tracking my spending time on it.

Evelyn

Not as good as it should be having such a big users community.

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Instagram is both good and bad at the same time. It does provide a channel to deploy information and advertisement, but it does no offer clear rules to do it. The new argued "inclusive" guidelines of their working algorithm foster or not the distribution of your publications, then, many of your followers will or won't see what you have to show.

Pros

Does have a lot of active users worldwide.
It allows integrating with platforms like Facebook.
The app is fairly simple to use

Cons

Does not have defined game rules
The algorithm shows your content or hides you despite your follower's amount but their interest.
The customer service is a shame, it is almost no existent.

Pinterest, LinkedIn for Business and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

The users' community is broader than those other platforms, and it does provide on a paper a bigger audience for any publication made.

Pinterest

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Instagram used to be a platform to portray instant fast-paced content, then it offered a better chance to deploy publications to a broader audience.
Christian

Marketing with Instagram, Less talk more Multimedia

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

For one the marketing team is having a filled day as it is a tool that has helped them extensively, especially in getting new clients.

Pros

Apart from the fact that Instagram is easy to use, the in-app ability to shop within the application makes it more wonderful and appealing, especially when raking in profits.

Cons

Maybe Facebook needs to add privacy, the ability to reduce the barrage of direct messages.

Twitter

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

My opinion, Instagram is easier and has more reach

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

At the time twitter was under ban from the government, and then quite a lot of trolls are found in twitter.
Rony Peterson

One of the easiest social media to work on today

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

It is an excellent social media to use, has lots of people and it is very popular among the young. Also, Instagram is easy to use and is imperative to divulge anything that one needs.

Pros

Instagram is a free social media, has an intuitive look, and a lot of tools to work with. The stories are a great function, especially with the filters and songs. Instagram also doesn't require a great smartphone or laptop to use it.

Cons

Downloading reels and sharing them with other social media is not so easy to do. The edition of the published posts has some bugs on the smartphone.

WhatsApp, Facebook Apps and Tabs, Twitter and TikTok

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

It is more used among the young and has a lot of functions.

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because it has a lot of functions in just one social media.
Jared

Instagram for your business

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Since 2020, Instagram in my experience has grown more in depth for the social media development agency with multiple creators, brand partnerships and business owners that we facilitate advertising, content strategy and speed to market campaigns.

Pros

The return of feedback is near real-time when needing to launch a campaign, product and sales for your brand or website; it's not a lot of code or research needed to start the creative process and formats for your content are fixed to specific dimensions.

Cons

The analytics can seem inaccessible when you are learning the platform or finding your audience for delivering your message.

WhatsApp, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok and YouTube

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Community management and analytics is important to base the future marketing and user experience for each brand we manage. Meta Business Suite allows us to create content strategies for multiple brands without spending so much time in development.
Amani

I really like so much instagram

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Easy to use in communicating

Pros

Chatting is very easy , and insta live, post features gives me better experience to share my opinions etc

Cons

Chat or message,post , insta live , my bio, etc

Instagram is an essential online marketing element for small businesses!

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

My overall experience with Instagram is very positive. I do not have any complaints about the software. it's definitely and step up from Facebook and less intense than Twitter lol.

Pros

I love that this software is free, user-friendly, and easy to use for creators, vloggers, and marketing /social media specialists.

Cons

I do not dislike anything about this software.

Tristan
  • Industry: Computer Games

Instagram for business

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

This software is great for motivation and networking with businesses as well as promoting yourself for free, so I enjoy using this app everyday.

Pros

This is a free to use software which is easy to use and it is intuitive

Cons

Like all platforms, seeing adverts while you are scrolling is annoying

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Not just another social channel!

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Instagram has changed the way we socialize. Let us hope it keeps us busy with regular but valuable updates.

Pros

1. Get the latest stories from your family, friends, and acquaintances. Know about their lives when they share their tidbits on the storyboard.
2. You can introduce yourself to the world in exciting ways, including videos, images, music, portfolios, or any other creative way you want.
3. The app shows posts from your social circle and informs you when you are all caught up. Still, you can view older posts to your heart’s content.
4. Follow your friends, companies, and groups and get their piece of life on your devices.
5. You can like, dislike, comment, love or hate what others share.
6. The Reels lets you pour out your natural emotions with creative videos.
7. You can search for your old friends or make new friends from an extensive collection of people who want to socialize.
8. Instagram can also be an effective medium to sell your eCommerce ideas, businesses, or even the brand YOU.
9. It is well integrated with Messenger for quick chats and sharing.
10. You can also go live or join other live friends.

Cons

1. You can only connect to people who approve. So, at times, you may feel lonely.
2. Like other social media, it adds to the fatigue of information overload.
3. It is highly addictive and has the potential to waste your precious hours.
4. The recent takeover by Facebook has diluted its original image.
5. Its platform has some known issues with spurious ads and fraudulent activities.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Not as great as it used to be

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

I’ve used instagram for over ten years and i’ve seen its many changes over the years. I’ve used it for a personal blog, small business, makeup page and to promote my campaigns. Instagram has a special place in my heart because i’ve used it for so long but the quality of the platform has been diluted over the years due to attempts to commercialize it

Pros

A platform that allows you to interact with content from friends. It really bridges gaps and brings people together
Many different types of posts can be created. My recent favorite is the guide because it is innovative

Cons

Instagram has become too commercial. I see too many sponsored posts and very little from the accounts I actually follow and want to interact with. There’s a favorite feature to make a timelines just for the accounts you want to see but I believe that I should not have to do that. if I follow someone their posts should show up on my timeline. Also the abolishment of the chronological feed is one of the worst things Instagram has done. It promotes popular posts but hides posts from smaller pages lower down on the feed. Small businesses and creators get the short end of the stick

Sashana
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Favourite Social Media App!

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

When I started my small business, I wanted to find a way to increase awareness about my business and the services I offer. I am a makeup artist and Instagram was a perfect fit. I can essentially create and share my portfolio with everyone who comes across my account without actually engaging in one-on-one conversations. It has been an incredible tool in building my clientele and has allowed me to network and collaborate with other makeup artists and small business owners.

Pros

Instagram is so user-friendly. Anyone can use it! The layout is really attractive. All the labels and icons are accurate and easily identifiable. All the features are at your fingertips and this makes the social media experience that much more enjoyable.
I love using Instagram as a social media marketing tool for my business. I am a freelance makeup artist and Instagram has several business integrations which support the dissemination of advertisements and promotions. There are no fixed prices attached to these particular features. So, depending on your budget, you can have your advertisement/promotion run for any number of days by spending $1 per day or more. I have benefited from the use of these features! Some of my more consistent clients actually discovered my business profile when they saw my promotions running on Instagram.
Instagram also allows integrations with various appointment scheduling applications such as Fresha and Acuity Scheduling. So once you activate the booking link and/or 'Book Now' button on your business profile, your clients can directly book on your website through Instagram. This has been a game changer! Everything is now so much easier.

Cons

Using Instagram has been one of those decisions that has resulted in the considerable growth of my business. It is, generally, easy to manoeuvre. However, when Instagram Reels was released, I had a bit of difficulty with learning how to use it properly. I watched a few Youtube videos, played around with the features a little and quickly got the hang of it. It's not nearly as complicated as it may seem.

Akhil

Simple Instagram review

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Generally Instagram has been helpful, I've made heaps of companions and conscious individuals. I can discuss rapidly with my companions, I can elevate my business to my crowd and I most likely wouldn't have gotten any deals if not for Instagram. I've been involving Instagram for quite a while and incline toward it to other online media networks because of its straightforwardness and nonattendance of long text refreshes. Instagram has been incredible for associating with new buyers and showcasing my image. In any case, it is a stage where I can feel great and offer what I need, and I like to utilize it

Pros

I like that you can interface with the world at large, being ready to make a local area of individuals you have never met face to face yet share normal interests and liking what one posts, leaving a remark and enjoying. I love the label include that has no limitations by any means, the individual you tag to a post will get a warning that they were labelled. It permits you to share photographs and brief recordings as status alongside stories that stay for 24 hours. It is additionally utilized for photograph altering, as it offers extremely valuable photograph altering devices. Aside from social sharing, you can likewise settle on sound and video decision to your companions on it or send the message utilizing its inbuilt Instagram courier. Because of its enormous client base, alongside fun and social use, it is additionally generally utilized by VIPs and organizations to expand their compass. The incorporation among Instagram and Facebook messages in an application makes me more agreeable, to oversee the two messages by Messenger.

Cons

The portrayal of a picture or a distribution overall can be deciphered, however I would like it to likewise have the option to interpret the remarks. It is a piece irritating to enter a distribution and go over remarks in different dialects and not having the option to interpret what it implies. I think sharing the more extended recordings to consequently play on your story should be refreshed. Besides, the overall UI of Instagram feels like it very well may be improved to focus on a more stupendous extent of photographs rather than each per client in turn; it's less of an issue about swarming the page and more about having too minimal on the page, or if nothing else, driving us to pick how long we're willing to spend to filter during a time of posts.

Lena
  • Industry: Veterinary

Instagram for Small Business Networking

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

Instagram is great for small businesses. I originally thought Instagram was for sharing personal content, but once I realized that you can market your business on there, I joined immediately. It is so easy to post content to share with your desired audience. I don’t have to worry about spending money to advertise to people that are not in my area or demographic. It is easy to track my ads, my post interactions, and my conversion rates through the analytics. The cost for ads and promotions is relatively cheap compared to other social media platforms and gives a lot of customization to give the best suited options for my business. I highly recommend Instagram, it has really helped me connect with my customers and grow my business.

Pros

I like that I am able to share my media and create ads and promotions that are special specifically for my business.

Cons

I don’t have a lot of dislikes, but the financials could be better.

Google Analytics 360 and Meta for Business

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

The features were better, there are more users, and the pricing is competitive.

Price and ease of use
Aniss
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great for both personal but also professional use

Reviewed on 15/01/2022

Great and powerful. I love using it and love the reach on it.

Pros

Great for personal use, professional use either to socialize or to promote your business, products. I used it for both my Youtube channel and for my restaurant and really it was always a great tool.

Cons

One of my accounts got hacked and I was really disappointed for the customer service not responding. But overall, it is a powerful tool and really well made.
Another downside also, is the fact that the software is not the same on the phone and on the computer, it needs to offer as many options on any device really.

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

It seems that everyone that is a potential client is on Instagram and more people struggling are on Facebook so it made sense to switch to instagram.

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

More clients on instagram as per my friends recommendations and they were really right.
Nalutaaya
  • Industry: Design

Easy to Use and Earn Money

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

I used to use alot of money in marketing but it's now easy to market my business via Instagram

Pros

Sharing videos and photos is more impactful you can also earn real money through monetization when you're consistent with Instagram it's easy to use you can upload your videos and photos about your business

Cons

Instagram is a bit expensive if you're using mobile data

WhatsApp

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

Because Instagram has the highest number of people using it with seriousness in business than Facebook

Facebook Apps and Tabs

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because marketing on WhatsApp is bit slow because the people in your contacts are the only one to see your status in case you're marketing something which is not the way with Instagram
Andile

Instagram Is Not Just Pictures And Videos

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

In overall, with the advertising feature that's there, I have able to advertise my book that I had written and had many people going to purchase it amazon kindle. I am able to reach out to friends from all over the world, including long lost friends whose contact numbers I had lost.

Pros

I like that you can connect with the world at large, being able to create a community of people you have never met in person but share common interests and appreciating what one posts, leaving a comment and liking. I love the tag feature that has no restrictions at all, the person you tag to a post will receive a notification that they were tagged. You can easily tag famous people like Dwayne Johnson and they will see it, its now up to them to react and show that they have seen it. Moreover, Instagram now allows one to advertise their products and services through posting, and the post appearing to people that don't even follow you. That is a great tool for marketing.

Cons

I hate the impact Instagram has on people. It is not just posting pictures and videos but it has become more intense, people are starting to seek validation on the platform, validation from people they know nothing about, feeling like they are important because they have more likes or have a blue check. It s really taking a stroll on mental health and I am speaking form experience. Spending hours and hours to scrolling, looking at "beautiful" people, lives you wish you had and you start feeling insignificant, low self esteem, loss of self worth. I hate how people ridicule those that do not like that app for these reasons, making them feel like they are boring people. We need to take care of our mental health. this is just a con but I don't think it's the software's fault.

Guillermo

How can Instagram improve?

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

In general, from 1 to 5 I give it a score of 4. For what I said in the negative points section. It can still improve a lot. Although it is my favorite application, the issue of not being able to translate the comments bothers me. But it is very effective and interactive.

Pros

I am a beta user of the application, I really like knowing that we have the dark theme which other apps do not have. The inclusion between Instagram and Facebook messages in an application makes me more comfortable, to manage both messages by Messenger. That it allows to use 2 simultaneous accounts at the same time is incredible. just by pressing twice on the profile photo, you can change the account very easily. The buttons are located in a good place where it is easy to access. I want to emphasize that the most interesting thing about the application to my liking is that I can pause the video of a reel by pressing on it, and not like before that I had to hold down to make it pause. It's a nice change.

Cons

I have a few things to mention. The description of an image or a publication in general can be translated, but I would like it to also be able to translate the comments. It is a bit annoying to enter a publication and come across comments in other languages and not being able to translate what it means.
Another point is that if there is a video and I enter it, sometimes the audio is not activated by itself, and I have to exit, press on the speaker and go back in.
In the reels when one sees the video in full screen, there are times where we cannot translate the description, at least users like me would like to know what it says or what is written there.
Lastly, I would like you to extend the word limit for the description of the presentation part in the profiles.

Abdoulaye

An excellent application

Reviewed on 07/11/2021

Although this social network is constantly evolving to satisfy its users, there are still actions that require the use of external applications in addition to Instagram: sharing content, editing photos, testing short formats

Pros

I really like this app, Instagram especially! It's also very well secured. Unfortunately the app doesn't exist on Mac and to have it as an app would be more useful than going via the internet, if you want to go from the computer. Instagram has a great presence on the internet, and I'm sure on app it would be even better! My request would be that Instagram create the app on Mac please!

Cons

One of the most effective ways to develop a brand image is to communicate through visuals. Indeed, it is common to say, "a picture is worth a thousand words". This means that it is easier to convey an emotion to the consumer through a visual rather than text.
In this sense, Instagram is probably the most effective social network to work on your company's identity. It allows you to creatively express the visual universe associated with your brand, while showcasing your products or services.
It's also the social network of intimacy: take advantage of it to film behind the scenes or your typical day, introduce your partners and customers...
I like this application

Avery
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

One of the best Social Network programs for community and business

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

It has impacted my brand and business as well. I have been able to reach out to more people because of the exposure that Instagram creates for me. Varying from my music to my events that I am putting together, it makes sense to heavily market your product through this platform. My exposure by word of mouth would have not been as great without Instagram

Pros

Instagram gets to the point. For people who are looking to expand their business and grow their brand, Instagram is a great way to do that. It has always been a great addition to Facebook, but with the introduction of Instagram LIVE, being able to upload longer videos, creating Instagram Story posts, and making Instagram Reels, it strategically reaches in the quickness of how life works, and gives you the exposure you need to grow.

Cons

I think sharing the longer videos to automatically play on your story needs to be updated. Some videos would heavily benefit from it.

Other than that, there isn't much to hate about this app.

• Industry: Media Production

Mixed feelings but mostly good

Reviewed on 07/11/2021

My overall experience with using Instagram is pretty great, I really enjoy posting my work online so others can critique it and it's just a really it's just a fun and creative space in my opinion I definitely recommend if you're a creative, artistic photographic person.

Pros

I really love this software application it's very futuristic and modern, it has a very intuitive design and is just hands down easy to use, it helps me tremendously throughout my career as a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] because I'm able to post the best work from my personal brand or my small business, my most favorite feature on Instagram is the photo editor feature before posting and the paid promotion just in case I'd love for my post to reach a wider audience.

Cons

I'd say my least favorite thing about Instagram is based on the fact that it's easy to receive unwanted messages from Bots and also how somewhat easy it is to hack someone else's account, I strongly believe that Instagram definitely needs a higher and stronger security system than what it is now

Twitter

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

I chose Instagram over those alternatives because Instagram just has a more modern and clean look to it. It's way more controlled, artistic and very creative and it's way easier to Showcase your talent on there.
Mack
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Instagram: Content Vs. Memories

Reviewed on 04/11/2021

Overall, my experience has been good, but not exemplary. Instagram has a lot of social and technical ramifications to work out, but for what it's worth, the app gets the job done and can provide a meaningful way to connect with people or know what my friends are up to. They say a picture says a thousand words, but sometimes the sense of capturing a moment is lost in the pseudo-marketing of it all. Instagram is an app that has evolved over time, and it's likely that I need to evolve with it.

Pros

I like how easy Instagram is to use--the notion that a post is just a click away. From a user perspective, I enjoy writing captions for my photos and applying a location; it makes my post feel more complete and gives a little bit of backstory for viewers.

I also appreciate the Story feature, mostly as a way of checking in with what my friends in real life are doing, sometimes in real time, or very recently. While I feel Instagram's main purpose is to share photos, the video aspect, while short-term, is rewarding as well.

Cons

I dislike the stigma that surrounds Instagram, which sometimes feels like it's there to churn out content--even duplicate posts, and repetitive creativity--as opposed to share memories. With an unlimited amount of photos at my disposal, I can scroll for hours but never get a sense of who I'm really seeing. Posts lose their specialness by prioritizing the fact that it was posted at all over the notion of a moment in time.

On the technical side, I dislike the Message and Discover icons as I believe they are misrepresented--I often click on one when I meant to click on the other. Furthermore, the general UI of Instagram feels like it could be improved to prioritize a grander scope of photos rather than one per user at a time; it's less of an issue about crowding the page and more about having too little on the page, or at least, forcing us to choose how much time we're willing to spend to sift through a day's worth of posts.

I'm also not a fan of filters as I believe they detract from the natural intention of the post. Not only that, but many filters resemble each other too much.

Rap
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Instagram is overall a beneficial app though it has some flaws.

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

Overall Instagram has been beneficial, I've made lots of friends and respectful people. I can communicate quickly with my friends, I can promote my business to my audience and I probably wouldn't have gotten any sales if it wasn't for Instagram. There have been some unpleasant experiences on the app but I don't think they outweigh the good.

Pros

- I like that it's somewhat easy to reach an audience given that you have useful/good content, use tags etc.

- It's easy to communicate with friends and you can have privacy (to a high extent).

-It can be a good way to promote your business too

- It allows me to find a community I belong in and make new friends.

- I appreciate them allowing users to add pronouns

- I like that you don't need 10,000 followers to share links on your story now

- Most of the new features are awesome, though I can't use some yet

- It's nice that you can limit who can message you, you can hide your story and mute people

Cons

- When people are harassing you, (giving you death threats or sharing hateful content for example) and you report it, Instagram basically says it's fine behavior and does nothing about it.

- I wish they had a feature where you could mute or block certain posts with keywords from showing up in your feed like you can on twitter.

- If you make an additional account, Instagram will send some people from your previous account a notification asking if you know the person which is a bit worrisome especially if someone wanted to separate a business profile from their personal.

- They don't always show your posts to your followers, they're more focused on reels right now

Claude

Instagram is among the top 5 social networking platforms on earth. Also an ecommerce platform

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

I will highly recommend IG for anybody with a business. This will help increase or expand your audience

Pros

IG is not only a social media platform but it is also an eCommerce platform. As a business owner, IG has helped me a lot, in fact, my business relies on IG to survive. Because this platform is most visited, selling on this platform can link you to lots or customer. IG helps you match your products to buyers who are most likely to buy those products. For instance, someone who usually search information about pets will be most likely exposed to pet related products hence targeting the right people who are most likely to buy. Also, IG is cheap to create ads. Selling fees are also cheap. Shipping labels are very affordable. All these feature are in one place, making it very convenience for the seller to manage his business. Also, they help promote your products on other related platforms like Facebook. It is also very secure

Cons

I think what I have encountered as draw back with IG is that many users are not well informed or they are skeptical shopping on IG. Also, more features like chats and other data analysis tools should be included. Also, IG should also improve its customer service. Users should also be able to connect to a real human either by phone call or email.

Wix

Reasons for Choosing Instagram

It was very difficult to get customers to my store

Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Instagram

Because of the ease with which a business can meet potential customers