Personio

Write a Review!
The all-in-one HR software for HR management, recruiting, employee performance, payroll and much more.

4.1/5

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A comprehensive HR software

Reviewed on 23/09/2023

Overall we are very pleased with Personio. Other than being a comprehensive piece of software their customer support is exceptional. They are incredibly helpful, professional and friendly. The webinars are a great feature as well providing a perfect way to gain deeper insights into the platform.

Pros

Its incredibly user friendly making it accessible even for those with limited IT skills. It offers remarkable flexibility and adaptability, particularly in the seamless integration of administration and recruiting tasks. Personio streamline nearly half of our workflow, allowing for excellent employee involvement across various processes. The role assignment feature is highly effective and well planned.

Cons

It would have been nice to be able to integrate it with a few other software. We dont have any complaints though. Personio certainly does its job really well.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Easiest to implement HR tool

Reviewed on 03/06/2023

We implemented Personio as Serdar Plastik's first core HR tool. Applicant & personnel management, payroll, employee forms and surveys, and approval flows were all shifted into the system in a short amount of time. It was very easy to set up on the IT side, but a bit harder to implement across the organization due to a lack of support documentation. But once we had it up and running:- It saved our HR team hundreds of hours from having to push papers around- Reduced human error - Provided us a more objective way to evaluate applicants- Increased our data integration abilities

Pros

It supports advanced automations which is fantastic because:1. The system largely eliminates human error and doesn't cause our HR staff a lot of issues.2. The data is sent over to our other tools very smoothly.

Cons

English support is a bit lacking. Also, there are recurring performance issues in the applicant management dashboard. We submitted a ticket but the issue wasn't solved for a couple months

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Personio

The other tools seemed unnecessarily expensive for the scale we were wanting to implement it in at that time
Jonas
  • Industry: Automotive

unu review

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Pros

functionality compared to other solutions for a company of our side
customer service and personal connection to founder

Cons

responsiveness and speed of the product
product release cycles

Kefiloe
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Streamlined HR Performance.

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

As a practitioner in HR it's a core tool in all the day to day activities such as attendance performance,payroll , time sheet and employees welfare , it's been of great assistance in this.

Pros

It has streamlined administration activities by the HR by simply tracking all the projects and tasks as well as employees performance in one place.
Improved transparency in employment and pay roll.
Integration with many systems at our disposal made it even more reliable.

Cons

It had a great return on investment and achieved almost all the objectives expected and so I'm thrilled by it's performance.

• Industry: Renewables & Environment

Perfect usability and a great holistic system!

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Pros

The holistic approach of Personio. Therefore they can provide the perfect solution for small and medium sized companies. Personio has well-thought-out-workflows that are very individually customizable!

Cons

There a still several features I wish to have (like the reminder function of applicant tags ;)), but these are only small things!

perbit

Reasons for Switching to Personio

Better usability, fast product further development, more suitable to our needs (startup)
Leonie
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Just great. It makes our life so much easier.

Just great. It makes our life so much easier.

Pros

It is easy to handle. Customer Service is excellent.

Cons

"Berichte" does not deliver everything we need.

Ariane

Not perfect but for me the best HR and Recruiting Tool I've seen so far

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

The employee profiles are clearly structured, vacation/leaves are easy manageable, orgcharts, admin, accesses are easy manageable, the recruiting feature is great, you can save all employee documents according to categories. If I need help, the Support team is usually quite fast and very friendly and helpful.

Pros

Most features are very intuitive, the user interface is simple and clear, really helpful support team, really good functions. Not perfect but for me the best HR and Recruiting Tool I've seen so far for everything except payroll!

Cons

The new payroll feature is not really good (yet). E.g - no way to transfer bonus payments, hourly wages that differ from month to month. We did not expect this to be a payroll tool for only fix salaries that don't change, this is simply only half useful. We still have to do so much manual work every month.

• Industry: Media Production

Good software to keep track of your working hours

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

Pros

I like that you feel like you have everything in one platform. From time tracking to your documents like your monthly payroll. What I really like is that you can easily enter your working hours in a field and then edit the next day directly after saving the last one.

Cons

I don't like the Vacation day system. Sometimes the system doesn't recognize that I have more vacation days because I have worked more days last month (therefore entered more working hours)

Lara
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Personio is crucial to our daily business

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Pros

Document Creation Tools
Exports are really helpful

Cons

Constant changes of User Interface is confusing
Loading times

Alejandra
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Personio HRIS is a good choice

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Pros

The implementation is very easy to do, It has a good range of functionality.

Cons

I miss the country specific admin. "Admin Light Role"

Anna

Great tool for monitoring all your HR related tasks

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

We have saved a lot of time preparing the pay rolls for our employees as we had to do it all manually before and now it's just a couple of clicks. We also use their documents storage and each employee knows where to find their important information instead asking the HR manager or look for it on google docs.
The benefits and time saving definitely outweigh the costs of this app.

Pros

The support is great. Everyone I have talked to on the phone was aways super nice and helpful.
I also like the fact that they take your feedback seriously and suggest the things you mentioned to their product team and might implement solutions that will make the tool even better for you and your team.

Cons

It's not easy to set up because it's very detailed- that's why you have an implementation manager to help you with that.
I also have to use their support quite often when I want to change something, because I'm afraid that it'll adjust things I didn't want to change.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Personio

Switched from an American to a German tool to align with GDPR rules and have more features.

Appogee Leave

Reasons for Switching to Personio

It's just superior to all the other tools out there.

Clear recommendation for SMEs

Reviewed on 12/08/2020

Pros

- As we were one of the early adopters, we got personio for quite a cheap rate
- There was no tool that was as comprehensive and could be used without GDPR issues
- It saves a lot of time vs. our setup before, which was Excel

Cons

- There are a few open requests from our side regarding more flexible reportings
- There is an obvious bug in the dashboard that just doesn't get solved (always shows that "everyone is in the office today")

Florian

Game Changer in our HR Efficiency

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Actually, as a fast-growing company 2 years ago, we were just looking for a recruiting solution and found Personio. Already during the two-week test phase we had all our employees with many individual attributes live on their own and only on the basis of the educational Videos.

We now have a vast variety of templates so we can do a lot of manual work more efficiently through Personio and focus on strategic HR topics.

And this, although we do not use some features because they do not fit our processes, such as Performance or payroll.

Excellent UI
Great flexibility with templating, Attributes etc.
Automatisation of the Recruiting Process
Highly efficient

Cons

No Datev interface
Many of our suggestions were received as feature requests, without feedback and without implementation
Many new developments, especially in recruiting, have not led to an improvement, but have taken the clarity

Sonja
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Great, user-friendly HR-Software for SMUs

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

We are a small start-up with no designated HR manager and needed a system that would allow management to manage all kind of absences (illness, holidays, business travels) and track attendance of student employees. We wanted a solution that would allow employees to manage most of the data themselves, only to be authorised or checked by management. Personio is perfect for this use. Employees can keep track of their digital personnel file, see who is in the office or absent thanks to a good all-company-absence-calender, see how much holidays they have left and plan their paid holidays (which can be authorised or declined in the system by management), upload sickness certificates and even track the worked hours. We are very happy with the performance of the system and are confident missing functionality will be developed by Personio within the next months (app etc.). I would definitely highly recommend the system.

Pros

The software is very intuitive, has a very attractive design and makes it fun to use it. The service ist outstanding - from the first contact with Personio all staff was super attentive, pro-active and solved all problems within hours. The implementation process was quick and easy (thank you representative!), great online tutorials are available.

Cons

I am missing a mobile app (in development). In some aspects the software is perfectly designed for a designated HR manager - message configuration options should be optimised for small start-ups with multi-functional staff - but nothing that could not be "solved" with a bit of trickyness ;).

Janelle

Underrated But Very Advanced Cloud HR Solution

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

We've ad a great time so far with Personio for our HR work. We first set it up when the company was a lot smaller, and it's held together very well during our expansion. It has a very simplistic interface which is a big positive for us, the reporting features work well, and the ATS module is very detailed and has a lot of advanced features. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

The interface is much more up to date than the other tools we evauated. This made it a lot easier for us to start using it fully in te beginning, and has made it easy to maintain since.

Other than that, we really enjoy the automated workflows for setting up alerts, emails, etc.

Cons

It was missing a couple integrations that we really wanted, and there's the odd bug here and there, but we don't really have anything too big to complain about

Manuela

Review of 1 year with personio

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

all colleagues have an overview about their personal data and HR documents, they can see the absence of the team members (even with a exchange with our team calender) and the administration of holidays is quite easy.

Pros

It's really easy to use and implement the tool. And I really like the support material - you can find very good articles about each topic and question and if I cannot find the answer there - I get quick help from the support team

Cons

some features are only provided on the basic level - but telling it to the support can help, one of my issues is now solved and a new standard in the protfolio. but it would be great to have the possibility to set a date when I want to send a message to a applicant.

Kathleen

We love this product!

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

We use Personio for daily HR tasks, payroll and recruiting. I find the tool fairly easy to navigate and I really like the recruitment feature. So, the tool itself is really good.
My favorite part about using Personio is the Customer Service/Technical Support Team. Any time I have a question or request, I normally get an immediate, friendly, very professional response. They are always helpful and when the CS representative I am speaking to cannot help me, they always connect me to someone who can.
I would say Personio's Customer Service/Technical Support Team is one of their greatest assets.
Keep up the excellent work!

Pros

I love the recruiting and payroll features.

Cons

It is difficult to understand how the tool calculates, e.g. vacation days. I have made the same mistake a few times with manually adjusting vacation days for on-call work.

Jon
  • Industry: Information Services

I could not give a clear recommendation, too buggy and weird to use

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Negative, I wouldn't use this again if I was to choose.

Negative, I wouldn't use this again if I was to choose.

Pros

Friendly customer support, but this doesn't apply to the actual software at all. I wouldn't expect to need to ask support for help with the things I need an HR system for :D

Cons

Seems to be full of bugs with bumpy workflows. I would expect this to be simple to use with very streamlined workflows - this is not the case.

Florian

Best overall HR solution for growing and established companies

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

Pros

Personio covers all key HR processes. No matter if it is recruiting, time tracking, vacations or payroll. We really like that everything is at one place and in order.

As a growing company we need a coherent HR and recruiting process to reach our growth goal. Personio really helped us to set up and implement a processes based on their best practices.

Great customer support. At the beginning we had some struggles setting up Personio. Their support and implementation team always were available and reached out proactively. I feel that they really care for their customers and want to help us improve our HR processes.

Easy to use and well accepted by everyone in the company. The SSO was really helpful for that

Cons

At the beginning we were sceptical about the time it needs to implement the software. However, the few phone calls/video conferences in which we set up Personio with their help proved to be key for us to adapt the software to our processes.

A mobile app does not exist yet. Particularly for incoming applications, it would be great to access them mobile through an app

Dirk
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Limited Functionality

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Pros

One Stop Shop for HR, all data in one database, easy to use & state of the art GUI

Cons

The Problems start when Your look into detail: search & filter functions are very limited, job applicants can only be linked to one open position - it is not possible to share good applicants, this makes the rights & roles (GDPR!) useless for our business ... the power of an HR database is not really used because the system (incl. support) is very unflexible: search criteria cannot be set (e.g. only "or" - no "and"), filters must be reset after every login, job applicants pictures cannot be uploaded, most data (e.g. evaluations) cannot be downloaded ...

Michael

Easy to use all in one solution for everything HR related

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Pros

It gave me as an employee so much transparency and control back as I did not have to have everything done by our HR team. It was very easy to use, understand and integrate into my day2day work.
Additionally I think it also took a lot of extra work from my HR colleagues - at least that loved working with Personio! :)

Cons

Some features are not yet comparable to standalone solution (e.g. the recruiting module) but Personio is shipping improvements and features regularly so that bugs and feature requests are taken into account!

Fabio

A great HR tool that makes HR work easier

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I love the customer service of this company. They manage to find solutions very fast and have always a user-friendly way of communication.

Pros

Personio is easy to use and the user interface can be understood intuitively. Many things can be adapted to company-specific needs.

Cons

Compared to other ATS, Personio does not offer a link to LinkedIn, which makes recruiting activities more complex.

Michael

Powerful product with great potential, good customer service and support

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Pros

Personio covers most aspects of HR and thus delivers an all-in one solution for HR in SMEs. The platform is GDPR compliant and price/value is great. Customer service is always very helpful.

Cons

Some parts of Personio, especially the recruitment and analytics part, lack some important functions. However, functions are added on a regular basis and Personio is a fairly young product. Moreover, there are some edge-cases in user rights management which can not be implemented at the moment.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Very solid Software which meets basic HR requirements

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

We managed as a startup to setup HR processes for the first time, even with limited resources. Personio covers our daily needs.

Pros

- implementation process quality
- saving a lot of HR & team resources
- digital documentation of all HR processes (recruiting, sick days, holidays..)
- improving employee retention

Cons

- no compelling usability
- UI/UX not state of the art and very "German"
- no relevant improvements over time

Annemarie

Great usability that covers our company's needs

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Great customer service, always helpful, friendly and professional. They go above and beyond.

Pros

Usability
Customer service
Logical Interface

Cons

sometimes you have to build a feature/rule/ process (onboarding/offboarding) from scratch yourself with different bricks, takes some time.