BoardDocs Reviews

BoardDocs

Web based board management software for SMBs

4.9/5 (42 reviews)
Jan C.

Choose BoardDocs

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

BoardDocs has enabled our group to go from a paper agenda with supporting documents to an electronic agenda with the same documentation in an efficient manner. It offers transparency to our constituents who can access any information concerning the business of our School Board. Our users frequently comment on the ease of using BoardDocs and cannot imagine any other option of accessing public records, agendas, Minutes, and policies, by any other means.

Pros

BoardDocs is user friendly. We have over 35 administrative users and with one walk-through of instruction from our local Super Publisher, a new user understands and is able to navigate the system.
At the request of the customer, BoardDocs offers webinar support for new users as well, offering hands-on instruction.
BoardDocs is user friendly to the public users as well. They can access Board member information, policies, agendas, Minutes, and supporting documentation with ease and little to no questions.
BoardDocs programmers upgrade annually to enhance their product without interruption to the users and with no drastic cosmetic changes that are confusing.
BoardDocs makes going paperless easy.
A very reliable software program.
Little to no server shutdown occurrences that prevent usage.

Cons

Corrections to reported "bugs" are slow. Up to a year in a lot of cases.
Programming issues are not resolved in a timely manner (in the instances that have affected our group).
Ring Central for remote access does not work for our group; perhaps a second option could be offered.
NOTE TO BOARDDOCS:
The survey that BoardDocs offers occasionally after support resolutions. I do not complete the survey due to the time it takes and the repeated entry of user information that is required. A recommendation would be to offer a survey with embedded user information (so user information does not need to be entered); and is already completed with checked boxes at the #5 rating (offering boxes for ratings 1-5); the user has the option to click "Submit" (with all boxes checked as is), or can opt to change a rating of any boxes, and a box to type in remarks at the bottom. It would take about 5 seconds for the user to complete; and it gives valuable feedback to the company regarding the performance of their support team.

Response from Diligent

Hi Jan, thanks so much for taking time to write a detailed review and for sharing constructive feedback. We love getting suggestions from our users as we continue to make improvements to our platform and our processes, and will certainly take your comments into account. It's wonderful to hear that overall your experience with BoardDocs has been positive. Thank you for being a customer!

Ann N.

My experience using BoardDocs has been extremely positive. The software is very user friendly.

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

It provides for a much less stressful work environment especially when preparing for a Board meeting. The district saves money by not having to copy huge amounts of paper for each Board meeting.

Pros

I love the ease of use and the technical support provided by BoardDocs. The Help feature in the software is great and the response time when I call BoardDocs directly with a question is exemplary. I can count on an immediate response. I use both the online Policy and Board Meeting software. I was able to confidently work in the programs almost immediately.

Using BoardDocs has made preparing for Board meetings so much easier and less stressful for me. I'm impressed with the ability to attach all backup documents directly into BoardDocs and to be able to determine who can view which documents. Preparing minutes after Board meetings is also a smooth process. Finally, I believe BoardDocs has made it much more efficient for the Board of School Directors to provide information to the community it serves. Administrators, teachers and community member quickly view Board Policies and review Board meeting agendas and minutes from the district's website via a direct link to BoardDocs.

Reviewing and updating Board policies is very easy and efficient, as well, and again provides a direct link for anyone to review all current policies.

I've worked as the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent for almost 30 years and I can say without hesitation that BoardDocs has been the most useful software I've ever been asked to learn and has saved me the most time and effort in my work day.

Cons

In the 2+ years I've been working in the BoardDocs, I can't think of anything I really don't like about the software

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Ann, it's wonderful to hear that we have helped relieve board meeting related stress! Thank you for sharing this positive and thoughtful review, and for being a valued customer.

Michele D.

Outstanding use of time, organization and transparency. I will never work again without BoardDocs!

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Benefits I get from using BoardDocs are numerous. First of all, it is so fun to use, the support from BoardDocs staff is great. The immediate benefit was the time savings and ease of distribution. Instead of stopping to research a federal doctrine, mandate, state statute or form is merely a click on the link. I never tire of showing others how fast and easy it is to use BoardDocs.

Pros

Hard to describe what I like most because I value all of the BoardDocs offerings. Since we started using BoardDocs in 2009, the time savings alone is invaluable, and it is truly paperless! Upgrades just make it better and better. But the efficiency of using this software, the support, the webinars, transparency, policies, archived documents, and uses in board meetings is truly incredible. Through BoardDocs, I make our District open and transparent, I can retrieve data in seconds, and I am able to use BoardDocs on my phone, iPad, computer, as it is truly mobile. I am a valued employee in helping make this School District shine! The training is outstanding and easy to grasp. For all that, I am so grateful for the software that I will not do what I do without BoardDocs!

Response from BoardDocs

Michele -- it's great to hear that we've saved you time in prepping for board meetings. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the platform and team!

Laurie W.

My experience with BoardDocs has been very positive over the 9 years we've used the program.

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

I don't know that there's anything I dislike about the software other than a couple of quirky things mostly because it's a cloud-based program. Nothing major -- copying and pasting into the content areas and cleaning up formatting but I've learned how to manage it.

Pros

It is a very user-friendly program and has so many options to fit what we need for Board meetings, committee meetings, policies, and communications. Options are available to make information public or remain confidential. We can customize who has access to meetings and committees and change settings that work best for us. Taking notes and recording votes during Board and committee meetings are easy which makes preparing minutes much quicker than when we did them manually. One of the nicest features is having historical access to all our Board and committee information in one location that is searchable and easy to access. Their customer service team is the best!! They respond and resolve issues quickly and offer ongoing free webinars to keep us updated on new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Laurie -- thank you for sharing this thoughtful review! We love hearing that BoardDocs has been helpful in board meeting management, and that you've had a positive experience with our support team.

Cindy G.

BoardDocs is outstanding! BoardDocs has saved multiple staff members in our district time & money.

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Time saved creating agendas and minutes, ability to work ahead producing multiple agendas, ability to search for documents, can work from any device with internet access anywhere, ability to review and give final approval to agenda item submission by other staff members, almost no paper to print, and the ability to spend valuable time other job duties due to the efficiency of BoardDocs Pro.

Pros

Super easy to use BoardDocs Pro, paperless, different individuals can submit agenda items, approval trees, agendas and attachments are searchable (ours and other district users), easy to re-order agenda items, drag and drop attachments, ability to work ahead on multiple draft agendas, automatically generates emails when making a meeting active/featured, online voting, use from any device with internet access (smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC), multiple levels of access for appropriate users, links with NEOLA School Board Policies, and Awesome Customer Support from very friendly people, maybe I should just say ..... everything.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Cindy, it's great to hear that you're using all the different features BoardDocs Pro has to offer, to make board meeting management more efficient. Thanks for sharing your thoughtful review and for being a customer!

Priscilla T.

As a past executive secretary to the school board in St. Charles Parish, I used BoardDocs daily!

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Pros

The software is a tremendous Time savings for my position. The accuracy of voting and record keeping is top quality, the transparent for constituents is absolutely amazing and acceptable. The fact that users submit agenda items with attachments if need be is a plus! Capability of making corrections is a big help to me. . Record keeping is definitely a plus! The customer service is quick and knowledgeable. They are very friendly and efficient with concerns and returning phone calls.

Cons

I can honestly say that since day one of using the board docs software we have had no downtime, no issues, and no major problems . I cannot think of any cons with the software. The annual conference is great but could use more sessions for users with more experience. Otherwise, I have no problems or suggestions for the program. We have implemented almost 99 percent of the software options. Thanks for an amazing service!

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Priscilla, thank you for sharing this review! We are so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the BoardDocs product and team.

Kathleen H.

BoardDocs is an outstanding tool that is cost effective, time efficient, and provides transparency.

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Pros

My favorite thing about BoardDocs is the toolbox provided within the software to run a smooth Board meeting, meet the needs of the Board members, and provide transparency to the community. The "Search" feature is a great tool for use in finding and viewing past Board reports and historical data, which helps Board members have all information needed when making decisions. The "Library" is also an outstanding tool for providing a variety of information to Board members and the public and is unrelated to a Board meeting . Lastly, the ease of uploading information into BoardDocs is simple, efficient and effective, and has reduced the workload of the Board Office Staff.

Cons

My least favorite thing is that search items do not appear in date order. Regardless, it is an outstanding tool and easy to use.

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you Kathleen for this wonderful review! We're happy to hear we've helped make board meeting management more efficient and transparent. We appreciate your feedback about the search functionality and will take it into account as we continue to develop the platform.

Rosanne M.

Love BoardDocs and the ease of use!! Has great features and the customer support is outstanding!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/06/2017

Ease of agenda publications, minutes, board policies and the ability to archive past documents.
I can honestly say I don't have any cons on this software. The software is so easy to use, the BoardDocs staff is outstanding and so easy to work with and they have thought about everything you need to make board agendas and meetings go off with such professionalism and class. Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Pros

Makes putting together board packets so easy and can be done from anywhere and anytime. I love being able to put agenda documents in for public, administrative and executive content. Eliminates the need for making multiple packets. Our public and staff appreciate being able to view the agenda during the meeting and see the motions/votes, etc. on the screen during the meetings. Our board loves being able to view documents, minutes, etc from past meetings with a simple search and to have the documents during the meeting electronically vs. hard copies. This product saves me so much time and paper. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with BoardDocs. I would encourage you to look at this product and would put BoardDocs on the top for software products such as this. Each time I've called I receive quick response to questions with knowledgeable staff members. They made the whole process easy and manageable. We were able to bring over our policy manual, past board agendas and minutes within a matter of a few weeks.

Response from BoardDocs

We're thrilled you're liking BoardDocs, Rosanne! Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review and for being a valued customer.

Cynthia M.

I have found BoardDocs easy to convert to, not only for myself, but for my board and administrators.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Ease of prepping the monthly Board agenda and minutes. It saves time and energy - there is no longer a need to spend hours at a copy machine producing the agenda and backup after spending time typing the body of the agenda. The use of BoardDocs also makes for a more efficient board meeting - the boards members have everything they need at their finger tips and do not need to go through reams of papers to find a specific backup item.

Pros

I like the ease of using the software. It is functional and provides excellent manner to keep accurate records of our board meetings. The search option provides the ability to find previous actions without a hassle. And, the mega search is great when researching policies or those occasional resolutions that are of a different nature.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have ability to do is move attachments into the minutes. I know that the BoardDocs personnel are listening to the field and making adjustments and changes to the functionality of the software and maybe one day this will be one of the new features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Cynthia, thank you for sharing your positive experience with BoardDocs! It's great to hear that it's made managing board meetings simpler. We really appreciate your feedback and always invite you to provide feature suggestions to our team as we continue to develop our product.

Judy R.

BoardDocs is a robust, reliable, user-friendly, EXCELLENT e-governance solution!

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

It makes my job as Clerk of the Board more enjoyable, simplifying many tasks.

Pros

- Easy management of meeting agendas and Board policies.
- Single entry option for Board minutes.
- Separate, secure areas for public content, administrative content, and executive content.
- Unlimited space for attachments.
- Agendas can be amended in real time.
- All areas (agendas, minutes, policies, etc.) searchable by key word.
- Saves time and paper!
- Top-notch 24/7 customer service.
- Regular informative webinars.

Cons

There is only one con - If it was less expensive, that would be great. But one can say this about any product! BoardDocs is an all-around, first-rate product.

Response from BoardDocs

Judy, we love to hear that BoardDocs has made your job more efficient and enjoyable. Thank you for being a customer and taking time to share your review!

Donna I.

BoardDocs has been a game-changer for our district. Easy implementation!

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Greater efficiency and organization

Pros

The features and functionality of BoardDocs have exceeded our expectations and needs and have provided efficiencies beyond measure. The development and publishing of agendas and minutes is easy and hassle-free. Last minute changes are a breeze!

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about BoardDocs, and perhaps one of the only things I would change is the ability to quickly see and manage the "people" list and who is assigned to which committees. As we have a large number of committees, it is sometimes important to be able to see who is assigned to which committees overall.

Response from BoardDocs

Donna, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has been a game-changer for your district! Thank you for providing valuable feedback about committee assignments, and for taking time to write a review.

Josephine V.

I use BoardDocs almost every day and I especially love their customer support.

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I use BoardDocs for meetings and policies. Now NYSSBA also uses BoardDocs to post updated policies, so that also makes viewing and creating policies that much easier.

Pros

Customer support is available 24/7. Not only are they always available, but the phone calls are answered very quickly. I speak to Pia very frequently, and she always goes above and beyond and stays with me to completion to make sure everything was taken care of. Also, they have made a number of improvements to the system regarding formatting and other items.

Cons

In the beginning I didn't like it because of formatting issues when you cut and paste from word, but it has improved alot!

Response from Diligent

Hi Josephine - thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our dedicated customer support team.

Jackie H.

BoardDocs Works!

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

I love that I can provide my board with all the information they need for an upcoming meeting and they can access almost anywhere they are. It has made making last minute changes a breeze, while being able to download the bones for my minutes is also great.

Pros

BoardDocs makes everything about pulling together the agenda and documents for a board meeting quick and efficient. Producing the agenda, providing the board packet to board members and administrators for review, and making the agenda available to the public are all so easy to do. It keeps everything organized. It's easy to make changes.

Cons

It would be nice if it could be a bit more personalized for districts.

Response from Diligent

Hi Jackie -- thank you for the 5-star review! We're so happy BoardDocs has made the board meeting process easier and more organized for you.

Michele D.

BoardDocs is easy to use and an amazing software that I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Transparency, organizational qualities and paperless are the greatest benefits. By largely cutting back on copy paper, this District saved more than the annual price for the software.

Pros

The agenda planning, policies, linking capabilities and running the meetings have been such a powerful method of staying transparent, efficient and paperless.

Cons

I wish I could say one thing that I liked least, but I don't have anything to share in this category. BoardDocs has definitely made our School District a premier district that demonstrates good management, is organized and effective, user friendly and transparent.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Michele, we're so happy to hear that BoardDocs has made your school district govern more effectively. Thank you for the 5-star review and for being a valued customer!

Cindy G.

Super Easy BoardDocs!

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

BoardDocs is a wonderful service for me as the Executive Secretary who prepares the school board meeting agendas, our Superintendent, our school board members, our employees and the public. It has been a wonderful experience with the best support and ease of use. I plan to keep it for a very long time. The BoardDocs staff is constantly taking requests for improvements and acting on those requests. Super customer service!

Pros

The ease of use of this service is one of my favorite parts. Having everything in one place and paperless are both bonuses!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con. This software has streamlined the advertising process and meetings.

Response from Diligent

We're so glad that BoardDocs has made your life easier, Cindy! Thank you for sharing and for being a customer.

Deborah C.

Absolutely outstanding and a great time saver!

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Pros

That everything for my School Committee meetings are in one easy to find place. It is a great time saver for me and gets information to our School Committee members so much quicker that the old paper way.

Cons

There is actually nothing that I don't like about this software. If I have to find a least favorite item, it would be the minutes feature. It works very well but, personally, I would like more word processing features.

Response from BoardDocs

Hi Deborah, we're happy to hear BoardDocs has been a helpful time saver! Thank you for your constructive feedback about minutes functionality -- we really value your opinion and will take it into account as we continue to develop our product.

Margaret G.

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Overall the transition to BoardDocs was seamless. I love using the program and would recommend to anyone considering a transition from paper to digital.

Pros

Learning and using the program is so easy. It is an intuitive program that even the least tech savvy individual can pick it up quickly and easily.

Cons

Formatting documents that are added to BoardDocs can be challenging.

Response from Diligent

Margaret -- thank you for sharing this review! We're glad to hear that you had an easy transition onto BoardDocs and are finding it helpful. Thank you for your constructive feedback -- please know that our team is always making improvements to our product and will be evaluating changes to existing formatting features.

Wendy L.

I LOVE BoardDocs

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

We have saved lots of time on the front end and back of preparing agendas and minutes. Our audiences is able to view the agenda and motions on the big screen.

Pros

This software saves me so much time! Being able to take notes during the meeting is an absolute time saver. Now I am virtually finished with minutes before the the meeting even ends. All I have to do is clean them up.

Cons

Sometimes during a meeting there is lag time making it uncomfortable for the audience.

Response from Diligent

Hi Wendy, it's awesome to hear that BoardDocs has saved you time and made board meetings more seamless.Thank you for sharing your review and being a customer!

Nikki L.

My pros and cons

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Same as above. Best part is a person, a real live person, answers my call and promptly addresses my concerns.

Pros

The ease of allowing public transparency. The "saving the trees" hope of going digital. The ability to edit and vet documents online.

Cons

Trying to navigate the difference in a Word document vs. HTML and overcoming the glitches that are entailed.

Response from Diligent

Thank you for your review, Nikki! It's great to hear that BoardDocs has been an effective tool for managing board meetings. Please know that we are always working to improve our product and appreciate your feedback.

Linda M.

Used to Review Agenda

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

I work at a school and use BoardDocs weekly to go through all of the agenda items before the board meetings. It helps to keep me informed of what is going on around the campus since I can't attend all meetings.

Pros

I like the way I can go in and maneuver around BoardDocs very easily. Sometimes I look category by category but sometimes due to lack of time, I look for specific items and due to the way it is arranged, find what I need quickly.

Cons

Sometimes I don't like what I'm reading but that has more to do with the subject matter and not the product. I can't really think of anything specifically I don't like about the software.

Response from Diligent

Hi Linda, thank you for taking time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear that you've enjoyed using BoardDocs, and that it's made staying informed about important issues facing your school easier. Thanks for being a customer!

Scott W.

Great solution getting better

Reviewed on 15/09/2018

The best service

Pros

Continually approving software. Really attentive to user needs

Cons

Always desire more features. As the platform evolves I think of new needs

Response from Diligent

Hi Scott, thank you for taking time to write a review. We're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with BoardDocs! It would be great to get your input on features you would like to see, so we can take it into consideration as we build out our product road map -- feel free to reach out to our team with any suggestions!

Ruth H.

BoardDocs is a wonderful product, saving time, money, and resources.

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

The return on investment is off the charts!

Pros

It is a very intuitive system making it easy to learn and master. It has saved countless hours creating packets with the workflow feature. The search feature and minutes generation capability are invaluable. The customer service is outstanding!

Response from BoardDocs

Ruth, thank you for the rave review! We're so glad you've had such a positive experience with our product and support team. Thank you for being a customer.

Jennifer H.

Excellent for Community College Transparency.

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Their customer service is outstanding and the product continues to develop and improve.

Pros

Having our Policies and Procedures online and searchable by the community-at-large.

Cons

Converting from Word to web-based editing.

Response from Diligent

Jennifer, it's wonderful to hear that you've had a positive experience with our product and support team. Thank you for sharing this review and for including valuable feedback that we will take into consideration as we plan product improvements in the future.

Diane M.

BoardDocs is a lifesaver! It streamlines a board meeting agenda building process.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

The ability to create a well organized board meeting from building the agenda to creating the minutes.

Pros

No paper!! I also find the software to be intuitive and not cumbersome. Makes for easier use when creating an agenda. The ability to draft the meeting minutes in BoardDocs is a major plus and time saver!

Response from BoardDocs

Thank you for the rave review, Diane! We're so happy that BoardDocs has made the agenda-building and minute-taking process easier for you.

Miriam T.

I love boarddocs!

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

Pros

I find boarddocs to be very user friendly. Everyone in our school system that uses boarddocs, really likes it. Boarddocs has made preparing a board packet much easier. We are very glad that we went with this company.

Response from BoardDocs

Miriam -- it's great to hear that you've enjoyed using BoardDocs! Thank you for sharing your review.